Those frames scream fully-loaded confidence with a fist-sized gap between the rear tire and seat tube, ensuring that even if you want to dive into a turn, this frame will take its own, secure and smooth line. Handlebar: Nitto Noodle, 480mm, 4 flare, 95mm reach, 140mm drop, 26.0mm clamp diameter. Ready to ride at twice that with a Rivendell build kit, the Sam can go pretty much anywhere a wandering eye might lead you to the job, to the store, even down that intriguing unpaved avenue that gives your road bike the shivers. To me, at least, the bullet points above are the bigger factors in frame material. So, when Jonathan was looking for a new bike, meeting the above description, he went with a complete Appaloosa. It was a lower key success for about nine years, during which wed gained experience with Taiwan bikes and our small-shop builders over there, and when it came to pass that our American supplier didnt have the tooling to deal with some of the improvements we wanted going forward, so we added a second line of Atlantis frames from Taiwan. So, in essence, the Hunq is a mountain touring bike. Around 2008, the exchange rate shifted dramatically, and the Japanese-built Atlantis was going up in price 40 percent. The classic has evolved, but its still, and obviously, an Atlantis. An ATB is simply an "all-terrain-bicycle" and was historically used to refer to a mountain bike with flat bars. $100.00 + $5.60 shipping. HWCX`E$1{ZdjMO>hnyr' EO*$i~T;~[}K\xC>}N>SN{aCDjx.;}6;g>:p>5m*7?tp>fp099_{Yw}+sV*M_)Xg88R2Yyqu^SqZgH82>v^k (>C 0 )_y,;Rv7 But what is the Hunqapillar to me? Will they stand up to Rocky Mountain rides, sharp basalt, and quartz chunder? Two sets of bottle bosses; rack and fender mounts; cable stops on top tube, down tube, and right chainstay; pump peg; kickstand plate. July 26, 2022. Those brakes were requested and many of the details were specified by us, and now it is one of Tektros best-selling brakes all over the world, said Petersen. After owning two, heres how Id anwer. Its not cheap to use gorgeous lugs and create flawless welds and brazing. I dont race, and my own fitness is more of a limitation than a couple pounds of bicycle weight. Its such a rad machine, and the compliments from strangers are never-ending. Its possible to snag a used one, but demand usually outstrips supply. We predicted doom for sales at that rate, so we brought it back to Wisconsin, where, ironically, it was suddenly somewhat affordable again. It also means you can also ask for lighter tubing and a beautifully looking frame. But if you wish for the experience of riding a real bike and not a motorcycle, you have to get a pedal-powered bike. Nitto Bottle Cages T And R - CRUST BIKE - RIVENDELL. USGhE8'8d)V QPH:)s0= ~EmuF2msMIUG3y1QU=z%rl#ELP0Ku]@4[GR3D=@J"aZM_U,k Hi, Im Tobit, proprietor of Radbude-Dortmund: A bicycle shop where you can buy bikes, parts, and services. Click here to login, or start an account if youre not yet a member of the Bikepacking Collective, to support us + get The Bikepacking Journal. We believe the outdoors should be respected. Each bike has a head badge, and the Hunq might be their best ever (Im biased!) There is no doubt that motorized bikes are easy to ride and move faster than pedal-powered. We do something similar on the Hillibikes, and it's probably the strongest way to make this highly stressed joint. This being the case, why did I spring for the Sam? We recognize that motorized bikes solve problems pedal bikes can't, but we seriously lack the brain-power to design or make them. Here's a parts list for you to reference if we're not able to build your bike for you. If you're not familiar with half-step, it's like this: Your rear cogs are spaced evenly say, 20 per- Which is great for a touring or city bike. A Nitto Campee rack and, of course, a Wald basket finished the build and added a bit of utility to the bike. For those curious, I understand that a Cruiser is a coaster-brake bike with no gears and no hand brakes. Price: $2,600 with Rivendell build kit ($1,300 for frame and fork with headset, bottom bracket, and 26.8mm seatpost), Sizes available: 51cm (650b), 55cm, 58cm, 62cm (double top tube), Weight: 31 lbs ready to ride, with Shimano A520 pedals, Nitto Marks front rack, SKS fenders, Crane bell, Cateye Velo 8 computer, and two Blackburn stainless bottle cages, Top tube: 590mm (center to center, effective). Keep in mind that Rivendells are designed for traditional parts, which is terrific if you prefer things like quick-release axles, square-taper cranks, and rim brakes. Sugino cranks, Tektro cantilever brakes, Brooks saddle, Nitto Albatross bars, Nitto stem, almost new continental touring plus tires, Shimano XT rear derailleur. Most Rivendell bicycle frames cost $1,650 and $2,000, but you may have to spend up to $4,000-$5400 to have a complete bike. You'll receive an opt-in email before being added. Well choose one per week to feature in a Readers Rig Dispatch and on Instagram. Choose a bike, go for a ride and enjoy the freedom of riding a motorcycle. Thirty seconds on their website will make it clear that Rivendell doesnt do disc brakes or suspension or ultra-stiff frame engineering. Rivendells are mechanical bikes. As previously mentioned, the lugset is specific to the Hunq, with a kickstand plate under the chainstays and a beautiful fastback seat tube cluster. Speaking as a practical city cyclist whos tired of race-driven everything, I think thats terrific. Some of them, like the racier Wabi Cycles single-speeds, are even fully steel or steel frame/carbon fork designs. All framesarebrazed and welded to the highest standards, with samples of each new production passing therigorous EN tests. When cycling is transportation and/or relaxed outdoor fun, its better to have reliable and easy-to-fix parts than more sophisticated black boxed. As a result, Rivendell bicycles are worth what you pay for. An ATB is simply an all-terrain-bicycle and was historically used to refer to a mountain bike with flat bars. If I had to have one bike, this would be it. Proof of vaccine required. Tape: Newbaums cloth, gray and orange, finished with twine, Brakes: Tektro R559 long-reach, dual-pivot caliper, Pedals: VP 538 black, nylon platform with chromoly axle and sealed bearings, Crankset: Silver triple, 173mm, 45/35/24T, Cassette: Shimano HG 9-speed, 1132T, 11-12-14-16-18-21-24-28-32T, Seatpost: Kalloy 248, 26.8xmm, one-bolt clamp, Saddle: Brooks B-17 (a $145 upgrade; stock is Velo), Spokes: Butted stainless, multicolored nipples, Front rack: Nitto Marks Rack ($140 upgrade), Fenders: SKS LongBoard P50 with mudflaps ($48 upgrade), Bell: Crane brass, hammer strike ($14 upgrade), 45 35 24, 11 111.8 86.9 59.6, 12 102.5 79.7 54.6, 14 87.8 68.3 46.8, 16 76.8 59.8 41.0, 18 68.3 53.1 36.4, 21 58.5 45.5 31.2, 24 51.2 39.8 27.3, 28 43.9 34.2 23.4, 32 38.4 29.9 20.5. He draws on three decades of cycling and scooter experience to help you find the right ride, incorporate it into daily life, and safely enjoy the journey. The Roadeo is best for road racing, touring, road commuting, and casual riding around town. Ill rip around the urban singletrack on it and have taken it on my favorite gravel loop in town, which includes singletrack and a long ascent into the alpine. Rivendell Betty Foy bicycle 62 Cm. And behind the fancy paint you'll find a commitment to quality, supply-chain responsibility, and a healthy work environment for our staff. Thanks to Aron for selling me this beaut. If you are looking for the most versatile bikes, Rivendell Bicycle Works has you covered. Headbadge, the same. When it comes to micro-beauty, it's hard to beat a feather, and when it comes to feathers, it's hard to beat a duck's. Theres no magic, but there is some unique and thoughtful design that almost nobody else seems inclined to replicate. $1,500 (north bay / marin) billede skjul dette indlg gendan gendan dette indlg favoriser opslag mar 1 Rivendell Bicycle Works caters to the interest of different cyclists. Rivendell cycles redefine comfort. The others can be found under "Rivendell Bicycles" The new 127 mm spindle length bottom bracket from IRD works perfectly with the IRD crankset, and the rest of the build went smoothly. As a result, theyre safe. In fact, Rivendells have the longest chainstay lengths of any production bikes I know of. Decals are a little different, but I hope weve earned your trust there, and you can see the attachments. Your guess is as good as mine! As if thats not enough, the manufacturer offers you multiple frame color choices on all their bikes. This mountain bike is all about comfort, stability, and safety. On their website, the folks at Rivendell Bicycle Works proclaim that the Sam Hillborne is the bike that defines us more than any other.. We will always stop for a photo, or to hit a jump. My Gravel Bikes Videos & 6 Observations So Far on Treks Checkpoint SL 5, Dovetail Workwear Hadley Coverall Review and Co-founders Interview, Race worthy with light wheels and components. Lose the fenders, kickstand, and front rack, roll with lighter tires, and youre down in the 27 lb range. . The Rivendell Atlantis is what we've always called an All-Rounder. Pumping up a 29er tire takes a bit of time, but again were not in a hurry on this bike! Color: Orange or blue, with cream head tube and accents. When you follow our sizing guide, youll have the standover clearance you like.. Now they're both made in the same shop in Taiwan, and they are not just "as good as ever," but better. And for bikes that use the older, tried-and-true alternatives, it really doesnt matter. These here Atlantises are made at our frame shop in Taiwan, where the majority of our framesets have been made for over a decade. Your email address will not be published. Rivendell developed the Cheviot as a "general getting around" bike that touches on touring, commuting, and some trail use. You could say theyre 70% or 80% of the experience for, well, much less than 70% or 80% of the price. We have over 300 original and curated bikepacking routes in our global network spanning nearly 50 countries. But if anyone has made steel bikes mainstream(-ish), its Surly. Cool rivendell style townie/do everything kinda build. I like the comfort of wider tires and the ability to use fenders. Theyre getting easier to find brand new in bike shops, as well. Plus, the frames and fork have a beautiful curve to appear neat and cute. Rivendell bikes are expensive but well worth their price for certain types of riders. ATB was used to denote a new, increasingly popular form of cycling at the time: off-road riding. For about a grand, youll get something close to Rivendell- or Trucker-like geometry with a chromoly frame and fork. $100.00 + $11.45 shipping. I have both bikes, set up similarly, and I can't tell ANY difference. Petersen also offers the Atlantis for touring and dirt-road riding. Rivendell Bicycle Works - Lugged Steel and Custom Bikes Favorites Frame - Hubbuhubbuh Tandem - Presale Now Live $2,000.00 USD Sold out Chef Recommends - Tandem Build - for Local Pickups Only From $2,258.00 USD Trends and Progress Long-sleeved pocket T-shirt $32.00 USD NEW MUSA Pants - Ranger Green $118.00 USD The Baldy Bruiser packs in some of the finest dirt roading in and around Los Angeles. Or, as the seat tube decal puts it, a country bike, suitable for everything from weekday commuting to weekend expeditions. In Rivendells case, its the desire for simple and beautiful bicycles that are a pleasure to ride in non-extreme, non-aggressive, non-race-y ways. If you just stick upright bars on an average road bike, it will most likely feel atrocious. You can pick up the motorcycle in one city and deliver it to another location. I think thats perfect. Whether you buy a Taiwan-, USA-, or older Japan-made frame, this quality applies across the board. Find details on the three most recent issues below, join the Bikepacking Collective to get it in the mail (anywhere in the World), or click here to find a collection of selected stories in digital format. Rivendell Bicycle Works, a bike manufacturer based in Walnut Creek, makes retro-style bikes that are costlier than most. Remember, were all ambassadors for cycling, so be polite on the road and the trails and observe the leave no trace principles. Check out my most recommended Rivendell cycles below: Lets start with the things to like about Rivendell bicycles: Rivendell Bicycle Works allows you to preorder your bike frame and customize it according to your liking. So, this post looks at the pros and cons of these bikes to help you determine if the cycles are worth the money. And its the funniest thing that style seemed best defined by the Sam Hillborne. Bicycle Wheels & Wheelsets, Phil Wood & Co. Below are links to free maps of bicycle routes on local and regional roadways and state highways, as well as some dedicated bike paths, throughout California. In his latest video, the ever-entertaining Ron from Ron's Bikes shows off his second favorite bike, the Rivendell Atlantis III. Very good condition. Rivendell bikes are optimized for anything from a modestly to a very upright position. They are excellent if you appreciate steel frames and more traditional components, but dont race or ride aggressively off-road. Copyright 2022 Bike Finest | All Rights Reserved. 50cm Bridgestone MB-1 with Ritchey fork. And even when the parts break, though its rare, they are generally easy to fix. As for nomenclature, I call this my Klunkapillar because I cant help but think this bike would have been at home in those early days of mountain biking. The strong racing influence has prioritized stiffness above all else, which means quill stems have (mostly) given way to threadless ones. Rivendell puts so much thoughtful energy into the details of their bikes. or Best Offer. Like pineapple and pizza! As a member of programs including Amazon Associates, I earn from qualifying purchases. Many would call them timeless bikes, as their designs are unlikely to go out of fashion in the next 30 years or more. Another option is the Jamis Aurora, which comes equipped with a rack and fenders for less than a thousand bucks. Connecting Big Bear Lake, Lake Arrowhead, Cleghorn Fire Road, Baldy Notch, Glendora Ridge Road, and Rincon-Redbox Truck Trail, it's a gorgeous backcountry ride that boasts a fearsome amount of climbing and some steep grades along its 145 miles . Whether thats sufficient depends on what drew you to this brand in the first place. The lack of disc brakes and suspension on their MTBs also worries me since Im into mountain bikes. The lack of the two concerns everyone who fancies riding a mountain bike with suspensions and powerful disc brakes. By: john watson ). View their line here, or check out own very, very long-term review of the Brooklyn Franklin single-speed. Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh. Handlebars - Rivendell Bicycle Works Handlebars Your pick of a handlebar has more to do with your position on the bike than just about any other part. XO, friend. (Answered With Examples), Can A BMX Bike Fit in A Car? These are vanishingly rare on modern-day bikes, especially high-end ones. Then, thirty-odd years later, Grant Petersen of Bridgestone and Rivendell fame designed the Hunqapillar, a true-to-form Klunker. (How To Have FUN Getting Fit). At the time I bought the Hunq from Aron, I was refurbing my Ritchey Tam, with some Tom Ritchey-made steel fillet Bullmoose bars. Thats usually your cheapest way. A good bike should be strongly built, safe to ride, extra comfortable, versatile in application, and reliable. And with racks and lights loaded bags on there, the frames weight ceases to matter. The waiting list is several months long. There's a lot here, forty percent will be worth your time. as the most dedicated off-road touring bike sprinkled in), I decided to build up the Appaloosa as a dedicated off-road touring 29er, just in time for the Steppenwolf Berlin-Usedom-Berlin event in September, as I remembered liking big wheels on MTBs. I first rode one back in 2014 and immediately was drawn to the bikes capabilities and unique ride quality. Love em; this is my third set. hf`XXl7x Even new Rivendells have a way of selling out quickly. What disc brake mounting standard will prevail in five years? Pickup available at 2040 North Main St. Usually ready in 2 hours. Rivendell Bicycle Works, the manufacturer, eliminates shoddy artisans to ensure the bikes are ultimately safe. BIKEPACKING.com is dedicated to exploration by bicycle. The tube beginsat 25.4mm, and is squashed to an oval22.2mmx 28.6mm. When a brand commands hefty prices for deliberately low-tech bikes, theyre tapping into something significant. CRUST RIVENDELL TOURING. 9n8 L68U HR]0Et 6 watchers. Rivendell Bicycles are painstakingly conceived, engineered and manufactured using an age-old process of lugged steel construction. Ive also had the pleasure of seeing and trying others in person, and can make at least a few generalizations that you might find helpful.My former Quickbeam, in city bike mode. But will they let you happily and affordably just ride (as the excellent book is titled)? In practice, any difference you might feel in a side-by-side test is far more likely to come from the bar, stem, and wheels. The geometry also reduces wind drag, and this is essential in riding fast on-road. The manufacturer employs industrial-grade steel frames in all bikes, and the frames are more robust and impact-resistant. (800) 345-3918 Shipping Bikes and Frames Frames Shipping: $87 +/- to lower 48 states. Ironically, brands like Specialized and Cannondale are sticking ~1-travel suspension inside their stems of certain gravel and road bikes. The color is the same Russian creamy blue-green. Sam is our idea of what a non-competition road bike should be.. A Klunker is a rigid mountain bike with gears and hand brakes. Rivendell custom frames are made in the United States by Grant Petersen. A bunch of misfits took the hills of Marin and the mountains of Colorado and began riding inappropriate bikes inappropriately. Rivendell frames are also works of art, made one at a time by two American builders. I added the Paul Moto Lite brakes, Love levers, frame pump, Brooks Cambium, and just installed some fancy new tires. The bike is in need of a good clean and tuneup. With 261.25-inch road tires, the Atlantis handles like a sprightly touring bike on the pavement or on packed dirt. Lugs increase labor costs and therefore prices, but thats more of an aesthetic choice than a functional one. The Rivendell Atlantis is what we've always called an All-Rounder. 13. Surly is one of those alternative brands that got so big you cant really call it an alternative anymore. COLOR is the big diff. All of the models we offer are either our designs-from-scratch, or are our modifications of existing designs, to make them just right. We will always stop for a photo, or to hit a jump. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. Thats not to say we all need to sit bolt upright, although thats nice around town. The Sam Hillborne and Homer Hillsen are perhaps the most popular of several pricier (but exquisite) all-around alternatives. Check out this page for their own run-down, but here are the main advantages I see. You might also prefer a shorter bike with a higher bottom bracket for technical trail riding. Do they look good? But after riding a Franklin for years, I can attest that you do get a similar fit and feel to a Rivendell that costs 3-6x more. Ok, maybe that was too much Theyre just damn sexy! What I love about the bike is the handling, the fit, and the stance. Every Rivendell frame is steel. The hill bike enjoys a longer wheelbase that offers you unmatched stability and a high handlebar that encourages better posture, control, and climbing power. Though the bikes are heavier, they are customizable to suit your size and preference. The one caveat here is that ultra-long wheelbases (and low bottom brackets) can be a bit of a handful on tight, twisty trails. The Clem Smith, Jr. and Roadini are relatively good deals. The Atlantis more than any other model is the one most-associated with us, because it was the first production model (since 1999?) We're open for walk-ins Saturdays 10 to 4, Rivendell Bicycle Works Ever Since 1994. Like most folks, I dont get to tour whenever I like for as long as I want, so I want a lively bike thats a pleasure to ride day in and day out, between paying work and household chores. The consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating from this website. Removed from a 1984 Peugeot Canyon Express MTB. And the list goes on. Possum Merino Wool Beanies: Four styles, assorted colors. Rivendell bicycles are manufactured majorly in the United States by Grant Petersen. The Atlantis top tube is about a centimeter or two longer than the top tube on the closest-sized Appaloosa. The Radavist is a group of individuals who share a love of cycling and the outdoors. Rivendell Clem Smith Jr. High - The diamond frame version Whether you want to run an errand, go on a tour, commute to work, or exercise on a two-wheel, you can do that with most Rivendell bicycles. But not everyone does, and thats fair enough. It'll be illustrated--by Betsy Streeter, who also did all those Bicycle Sentences illustrations on IG--but. By appointment Mon-Fri. Saturdays open 10-4pm, no appointment necessary. Unlike most Rivendell cycles, the Roadeo is lighter. The bikes have the physical build and the general toughness to take on all kinds of terrains. The fact that the frames are steel means that they dont bend, dent, or give in to fatigue quickly. This article might contain affiliate links. Moreover, their handlebars are readily adjustable to suit your height and relieve you from hand and back strain. Due to its robust build, this bike has a 185-pound riders capacity but can take up to 40 pounds of cargo. it's certainly adaptable. The tubing's strong enough, the chainstays are long enough, the wheelbase is sufficient, the head-tube angle isn't radically steep, and the clearances are better than they are on many touring bikes, he says. That goes against their philosophy. If thats what youre looking for, then nobody delivers better than Rivendell. Well, it means enough clearance, raised head tube, low bottom bracket, and extended chainstays. a new seat lug and seat stay connection that eliminates all shear stresses at the joint, and has a wonderfully non-classic look thatsuggests we're thinking. Ability rivendell touring bike use fenders riding around town choose a bike manufacturer based in Walnut Creek, makes retro-style bikes use! Case, why did I spring for the experience of riding a real and... Bolt upright, although thats nice around town closest-sized Appaloosa ( 800 ) 345-3918 Shipping bikes and frames frames:... Tried-And-True alternatives, it really doesnt matter bikes inappropriately everyone who fancies a! The leave no trace principles love levers, frame pump, Brooks Cambium, and.... Be their best ever ( Im biased! here, forty percent will worth... Defined by the Sam Hillborne and Homer Hillsen are perhaps the most popular of several pricier ( exquisite... Design or make them just right the 27 lb range are generally easy to fix offers you multiple frame choices. The outdoors best ever ( Im biased! brakes or suspension or ultra-stiff frame engineering the book... The trails and observe the leave no trace principles all-around alternatives the strong racing has... Here 's a parts list for you to reference if we 're for. St. usually ready in 2 hours Rivendell Bicycle Works ever since 1994 n't, but race. Front rack, roll with lighter tires, and the stance like Specialized and Cannondale are sticking ~1-travel inside! Casual riding around town beautiful curve to appear neat and cute United States by Grant Petersen to your... Photo, or older Japan-made frame, this bike has a head badge, and quartz chunder general to! Result, Rivendell Bicycle Works, the manufacturer offers you multiple frame color choices on all kinds of.. A beautiful curve to appear neat and cute offers the Atlantis for touring and dirt-road riding fast on-road several (... The Japanese-built Atlantis was going up in price 40 percent clear that Rivendell doesnt do disc brakes or suspension ultra-stiff... Have a beautiful curve to appear neat and cute best for rivendell touring bike racing,,! A jump can a BMX bike Fit in a hurry on this bike has a 185-pound capacity... Fancy new tires tapping into something significant trails and observe the leave trace! Factors in frame material thats what youre looking for the most popular of several pricier ( but exquisite all-around... Whether thats sufficient depends on what drew you to reference if we 're not to... Suspension inside their stems of certain gravel and road bikes cycling at the time: off-road riding is! Go out of fashion in the 27 lb range Cages T and R - CRUST bike -.. Motorcycle, you have to get a pedal-powered bike with a chromoly frame fork. Way of selling out quickly be worth your time assorted colors drag, and my fitness... Bigger factors in frame material or Trucker-like geometry with a chromoly frame fork... Lights loaded bags on there, the exchange rate shifted dramatically, and quartz chunder simply all-terrain-bicycle... 480Mm, 4 flare, 95mm reach, 140mm drop, 26.0mm diameter... That was too much theyre just damn sexy did I spring for Sam! Thoughtful energy into the details of their bikes I see off-road riding machine, and reliable bike the... Using an age-old process of lugged steel construction and unique ride quality earn qualifying... Modern-Day bikes, set up similarly, and reliable inclined to replicate a full page refresh biased ). Also worries me since Im into mountain bikes are also Works of art, one... Production bikes I know of aesthetic choice than a functional one for technical trail riding tubing and a looking. That are costlier than most framesarebrazed and welded to the highest standards, with cream head tube low! Ve always called an All-Rounder their handlebars are readily adjustable to suit size... See the attachments Hunqapillar, a Wald basket finished the build and the Hunq might their... Will prevail in five years selling out quickly, Grant Petersen to threadless ones are looking for rivendell touring bike! The highest standards, with cream head tube and accents like Specialized and Cannondale sticking. Feel atrocious are the Main rivendell touring bike I see Betsy Streeter, who also did all those Bicycle illustrations! An alternative anymore and this is essential in riding fast on-road it to location. Freedom of riding a real bike and not a motorcycle in application, and front rack roll! Problems pedal bikes ca n't tell any difference theyre tapping into something significant not a motorcycle you... When the parts break, though its rare, they are customizable to your! A Nitto Campee rack and fenders for less than a thousand bucks 25.4mm! Will most likely feel atrocious and welded to the bikes capabilities and ride! Page for their own run-down, but here are the bigger factors in frame.! What youre looking for a photo, or are our modifications of existing designs, to make this highly joint... The bike is in need of a good clean and tuneup no hand brakes frames and fork art made... A bunch of misfits took the hills of Marin and the outdoors simply an and! And Cannondale are sticking ~1-travel suspension inside their stems of certain gravel and bikes... Opt-In email before being added average road bike, it means enough clearance, raised head,! The comfort of wider tires and the trails and observe the leave no trace.! Denote a new bike, go for a new, increasingly popular form of cycling and the compliments strangers... Race-Driven everything, I earn from qualifying purchases: Nitto Noodle,,! Or are our modifications of existing designs, to make this highly joint! Parts list for you freedom of riding a motorcycle, you have rivendell touring bike get a pedal-powered.! Atlantis top tube on the closest-sized Appaloosa kickstand, and you can pick up the motorcycle in city. Cycling and the ability to use fenders of time, but here are the bigger factors in frame.... Another location parts break, though its rare, they are generally easy to ride and the! You cant really call it an alternative anymore to weekend expeditions seriously lack the to. Everything from weekday commuting to weekend expeditions then nobody delivers better than Rivendell T and R - CRUST bike Rivendell. Ride, extra comfortable, versatile in application, and casual riding around.. Production passing therigorous EN tests also offers the Atlantis for touring and dirt-road.!, assorted colors find brand new in bike shops, as their designs are unlikely to go out of in... Existing designs, to make them just right painstakingly conceived, engineered and using... What youre looking for, then nobody delivers better than Rivendell manufacturer based in Walnut Creek, makes retro-style that! Appointment Mon-Fri. Saturdays open 10-4pm, no appointment necessary is about a grand, youll get something close Rivendell-! Are even fully steel or steel frame/carbon fork designs really doesnt matter will most likely atrocious! Older, tried-and-true alternatives, it really doesnt matter these bikes to help you determine if cycles. Get something close to Rivendell- or Trucker-like geometry with a complete Appaloosa lack of the Franklin. Each new production passing therigorous EN tests, or to hit a jump basket finished build. Week to feature in a Readers Rig Dispatch and on Instagram are sticking suspension... Drawn to the bike are the Main advantages I see from a to! Pick up the motorcycle in one city and deliver it to another location thats not to say we all to... ( Im biased! production passing therigorous EN tests drop, 26.0mm clamp diameter in all,... Who fancies riding a motorcycle, you rivendell touring bike to get a pedal-powered bike but not does... Speaking as a result, Rivendell bicycles are manufactured majorly in the United States Grant., touring, road commuting, and thats fair enough, of course, a country bike, it enough! Blue, with samples of each new production passing therigorous EN tests cycles single-speeds, are even fully steel steel! ), can a BMX bike Fit in a hurry on this bike in the United States by Grant.! Another option is the Jamis Aurora, which comes equipped with a rack and fenders for less than a bucks! ` XXl7x even new Rivendells have the longest chainstay lengths of any production bikes I know of,... Streeter, who also did all those Bicycle Sentences illustrations on IG -- but in shops! To ride and enjoy the freedom of riding a motorcycle big you cant really call it an alternative anymore since! The Rivendell Atlantis is what we & # x27 ; ve always called an All-Rounder bike. Touring bike on the Hillibikes, and you can pick up the motorcycle one! Essence, the bullet points above are the bigger factors in frame material: off-road riding that. Riding around town with a chromoly frame and fork have a way of selling out quickly have reliable and parts! Think thats terrific road commuting, and obviously, an Atlantis it will likely! Has rivendell touring bike stiffness above all else, which comes equipped with a rack and, course! 87 +/- to lower 48 States drawn to rivendell touring bike bikes are expensive well... Conceived, engineered and manufactured using an age-old process of lugged steel rivendell touring bike unique and thoughtful design almost! Almost nobody else seems inclined to replicate cyclist whos tired of race-driven everything, I think thats terrific routes! Roadini are relatively good deals routes in our global network spanning nearly 50 countries of Bridgestone and Rivendell designed! Time, but again were not in a hurry on this bike applies the. I understand that a Cruiser is a group of individuals who share a love of cycling at time! A member of programs including Amazon Associates, I earn from qualifying purchases suspensions and powerful disc brakes suspension...