I keep finding trading stamps in my dad's garage. Thirty years later, the companys first illuminated rotating orange ball sign debuted at the Seattle Worlds Fair. The more you attended, the larger your set!If your own mother didn't use one of these patterns as her everyday dinnerware, it's highly probable that someone you knew did. If you grew up in the 1960s and 1970s, you'll probably remember these gas station premiums. It was soap in the shape of a green dinosaur, housed in a box about the size of animal crackers. Dodge Crossover The murder of a music legend. The foil seals from cigarette packages could be exchanged for artistic glass ashtrays, ceramic cigarette holders and coasters. Ever after, Sinclair offered a range of plastic toys that reminded kids to bug their moms and dads to fill up at the dinosaur station. Consistently earned 5-star reviews, shipped orders on time, and replied quickly to messages, Looks like you already have an account! Ford They do catch the eye floating above a car! By saving a certain number of box tops, lids and other container wrappings and following the manufacturers instructions, you could get free dishes and glassware in the mail. Not sure what company that was. About 1988 I was at a car show at White Post VA and a guy opened the trunk ofhis '51 Lincoln and said to me, "I've got something for you." The pattern was produced for approximately20 years by the Homer Laughlin Co., and is one of the most recognizable of all promotional dinnerware lines. Those partners may have their own information theyve collected about you. Ark, Ramp, 38 Animals & Noah TGL Direct 1k followers More information Arco Gas Noah's Ark - One of my favorite bath toys when I was little! A new president. on Something for Nothing and Your Gifts for Free, Something for Nothing and Your Gifts for Free. I also have some of the paperwork and giveaway pins as well as some early 60's Mercury giveaway stuff. Free gifts, clearly, were intended for a neighborhood clientele. Original Price 35.49 Union Oil introduced 76 gasoline in 1932; the name was intended to refer both to the Declaration of Independence and the fuels octane rating. In order to give you the best experience, we use cookies and similar technologies for performance, analytics, personalization, advertising, and to help our site function. It had the cheap imitationbrown wood handle that was plastic. Really like them, guess I should start checking out the flea markets. This gave them the opportunity to give away dinosaur-themed gifts, like coloring books and trinkets with the green dinosaur on them. An estimated 600 million people watched the event, slightly delayed on television. People were poor then. s&h stamps were also from acme markets, but not brand specific grom gas stations. With powerful tools and services, along with expert support and education, we help creative entrepreneurs start, manage, and scale their businesses. Vintage Scottish Doll ARCO Gas Station Dolls of the World IttledoMercantile (2,305) $14.99 New in Open Box Vintage Mirradoll and Dolly Walker Doll JensHallCloset (63) $35.82 $39.80 (10% off) FREE shipping Garage Diorama Color Vinyl Prints - Gas Stations - Auto Racing - Motorcycle - Porsche - Camaro - Lambo 3DSignsandTreasures (117) $8.99 costs, Top Deals and To enable personalized advertising (like interest-based ads), we may share your data with our marketing and advertising partners using cookies and other technologies. The second, third & fourth are blotters [some younger members may not know what a blotter is used for]. (40% off), Sale Price $26.39 Another gas company, not sure of the name, gave out two horseshoe's that you peeled and stuck on your car. Hey, what's with this requiring me to "sign in" to post a response? I told him I wasn't hauling any Redskin stuff in my car. Other businesses got in the free gift action, too. Now you might get a hot dog and drink as a prize at the local fill up spot. $26.39, $29.99 1970-80's GAS STATION GIVEAWAY ARCO FRISBEE Pre-Owned C $54.47 or Best Offer +C $21.81 shipping from United States Sponsored Vintage 1980 ARCO Gas Service Station Calendar (April May-June) Give Away Pre-Owned C $14.62 Was: C $18.74 22% off or Best Offer +C $18.74 shipping from United States Sponsored The supermarket trend might have been spurred by the success that the DUZ laundry detergent brand experienced when they began inserting a free piece of Golden Wheat dinnerware into each package. Also some ofthe aluminumSunoco coins with the early cars on them. It's new to me, and bothersome. This elegant mid-century modern patternknown as Swiss Chalet Alpinewas used as a promotional line for both grocery stores and gas stations. C. John Stutzer, HOTRODPRIMER and Ron Funkhouser like this. In many places, gas is in the low $2.00 range per gallon now. From Pioneer Gas company that became Pioneer Energy. Other freebies cost a little bit of time, but where well worth it. Turning off personalized advertising opts you out of these sales. Learn more in our Privacy Policy., Help Center, and Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy. options in your area, How much should you pay for an oil Find a 69 Chevrolet Corvette, just like the astronauts had at BestRide.com. I have some extras of some of the blotters, if anyone is interested let me know and I will look through them and post them here. Car & Truck Safety & Security Accessories, Vintage Mobil Oil Co. Service / Gas Station Award Chip Give Away, VINTAGE MONROE SHOCK PLASTIC CUPS GIVE AWAY GAS SERVICE STATION SET OF 10 SHORT, VINTAGE MONROE SHOCK PLASTIC CUPS GIVE AWAY GAS SERVICE STATION SET OF 10 TALL, 1960s VINTAGE SIGNAL GAS SERVICE STATION GIVE AWAY COMB PACKS IN ORIGINAL BAGS, Vintage DX Service Gas Oil Station promotional pack of combs give-away, Vintage Hood Tires Gas Station Give Away Sample, Vintage Chevron Gas station Diaper pin give-away, package of 2 white pins, Vintage Esso Gas Station Give Away Clothes Pin Line Hanger Clothespin Travel, Vintage Chevron Gas station Diaper pin give-away, package of 2 pink pins, Vintage 1980 ARCO Gas Service Station Calendar (April May-June) Give Away, Vintage TEXACO Gas Station ADVERTISING LOT #3 MUGS Pins GIVEAWAYS Key Chains NOS, Vintage TEXACO Gas Station ADVERTISING LOT #4 TEXWAX Knife FISHING LURES Key NOS, WOW Vintage TEXACO Gas Station LOT Employee ID Credit Cards PATCH Give Aways OLD, Vintage TEXACO Gas Station ADVERTISING LOT #2 Ice Scraper Coin Purse BAROMETER +, ENCO GAS STATION 1960's GIVE AWAY POT HOLDER OVEN MITT NICE VINTAGE COOKING PAD, VINTAGE MICHELIN TIRE POCKET PROTECTOR GAS STATION GIVE AWAY LOT OF 5 COLLECTORS, Vintage TEXACO Gas Station ADVERTISING LOT #6 PAST SAFETY COMMITTEEMAN PIN Nice, Vintage Richfield Gas Station Give Away 1930s Coaster Peru, Vintage TEXACO Gas Station ADVERTISING LOT #11 SAFE DRIVER 30 YEAR PIN Nice OLD, 10 - Vintage 70's Chevron Service Station Give Away Sewing Kits, Vintage TEXACO Gas Station ADVERTISING LOT #8 TIE CLASP Men's Decor Gold Tone, RUSTY WALLACE Gym/Cooler Bag Gas Station Give-Away 1990's Vintage Free Shipping, VINTAGE CAR Decals SHELL OIL Co. Advertising Circa 1970's GAS STATION Give-Aways, VINTAGE VIRGINIA SLIMS GAS STATION GIVE AWAY 1960'S NEEDLE KIT NEW Free Shipping, Vintage TEXACO Gas Station ADVERTISING LOT #9 PINS Tie Tack 1992 IOWA GAS + 1, RARE VINTAGE Gulf Gas Station Christmas 33 1/3 Cardboard Record Give Away 1960s, Vintage 70's Chevron Service Station Give Away Oven Mitt Keep "Fit" VV, Vintage 1972 ARCO Gas Service Station Calendar Holiday Give Away Saginaw MI, 1950's Cities Service Dealer Promo Print Give Away Gas Station CITGO Vintage *P1, Vtg SHELL OIL 1970's MASSACHUSSETTS FLAG Sticker Decal GAS STATION Give-Aways. Yes! While gas prices are in the vicinity of $5 per gallon, truckers are paying about $6.50 a gallon for diesel fuel. The sudden fuel shortage isn't the first time Americans . flickr/Fred Seibert. One day his father filled up at the station and gave the gift to Mr. B. Every week something else would be available to lure customers into choosing one store over another. From the store entrances to the checkout experience, we have collected more than 100 photos of grocery stores in the olden days to help you make a little trip back in time. Buy jelly and, eventually, you would have every Disney character on a tumbler or drinking glass. Hey, what's with this requiring me to "sign in" to post a response? Toyota Weird. But looks like a shooting at the BP gas station off Green Hope School rd in west Cary -usually a nice, spacious gas station with lots of parents and students there. Hey, I remember what that comic strip giveaway was. "Gasoline Alley", what else? In the 1960s and 1970s, aside fromPeanutsit was one of the most recognized comic strips anywhere. The ball had a hole in the bottom to enable it to slip over your radio antennae. The car had run out of gas while idling in line. The elastic attaching loop is stretched out to the limitfromhaving spent awhile wrappedaround the gas tank filler neck of my 62 Chevy, back in the late 60'. Newlyweds Heading Off To Honeymoon A newly-married couple waves as they drive off with streamers and a 'Just Married' sign on the back of their pink convertible, 1964. Original Price $119.95 In the 60s, Kerr-McGee bought Knox Oil but continued to offer the tumblers. The foil seals from cigarette packages could be exchanged for artistic glass ashtrays, ceramic cigarette holders and coasters. Purchase frozen orange juice, mail away the plastic seals and in 6 to 8 weeks a cheery orange decorated carafe would arrive at your door. The promotion was highly successful for Sinclair dealers as all you had to do was fill out the official Sinclair entry blank and mail it in. Fill out the requested information. I haven't seen the strip in many years but Wikipedia says it is still going, being drawn by its third artist. with 4 letters was last seen on the January 01, 1951. There never seemed to be any promotional giveaways in effect when the time came to start an account. Sale Price 110.16 Shell offered a series of 31 coins featuring the different Presidents of the United States (we had a lot less of em back then) along with cards on which there were marked slots for specific coins. In 1971, ARCO (Atlantic Richfield Company) decided toplay on its name to get kids to bug their parents to stop at ARCO every week: they offered a plastic model of Noahs Ark along with 12 different pairs of toy animals. the mental capacity or faculty of retaining and reviving facts, events, impressions, etc., or of recalling or recognizing previous experiences. Mister Boomer recalls Mobil and Shell giving away glassware in his neighborhood. Cadillac Gas station business was tough from the 50s-70s. Did it give you a discount the next time you went to their station? History This vintage Noah's Ark toy play set is a promotioal item from the Arco Gas station. One of the most recognizable giveaways from the groovy era was the iconic American Currier and Ives turkey platter. While not exactly free, but certainly in the subsidized gift category, were the bonus items at supermarkets that could be purchased for a reduced fee. The new Ford Mustang was no match for the Studebaker V8 with the tiger in the tank. Facebook Gas stations may be the one most of us recall as a great place for functional freebies. Good quality plastic helmets began arriving at Texaco stores around 1962, and by 1965, they got even more appealing with the addition of a handset and speaker mounted behind the T emblem so you could annoy your parents even further. If that doesn't work, try restarting the computer and modem. This will differ depending on what options are available for the item. Were they a regional type of trading stamps, Don't discard them: They probably have some. 110.16, 108.36 Toys ranged from this plastic set, featuring dinosaur names on the bag: to a more realistic brontosaurus figure: to these more modern plush dinos available through Sinclairs online store. Banks were probably among the most consistent givers of free gifts. It's new to me, and bothersome. Of course I'm in the boonies and 2200 miles from home,so those are considerations. The model came in four sheets and required literally hours of cutting, folding, inserting tabs and sliding various pieces together.   United States   |   English (US)   |   $ (USD). Your Privacy Choices: Opt Out of Sale/Targeted Ads. There you go,I remember the Tiger Tail sticker I stuck on my dad's car,wow was he perturbed. He stopped in a hardware store on the way home and the clerk said to him, "I see you've got a tiger in your tank today." If I remember correctly,they were given outby aSunocostation near my folk's house. I know I still have a dozen heavy glass beers mugs I got from Shell that will probably end up in a yard sale give away section. These dishes, platters and glassware we love and have inherited, are still making appearances on many holiday tables, even still. Everytime it became slack, I had wrap more turns around the filler neck to keep it on. This type of data sharing may be considered a sale of information under California privacy laws. The heavy-duty Anchor Hocking glassware was sold as individual pieces, and every few weeks Marathon launched a new item for sale. The lucky Tiger money was 1966 where the top prize was a new Mustang, Tigerino scratch off had a top prize of $1000 in 1966 and the Marlin give away was 1965. By the early 1970s, American oil consumptionin the form of gasoline and other productswas rising even as domestic oil production was declining, leading to an . My Mom and Dad always liked the greenstamps, and mom would redeem them at the green stamp center for merchandise. comic strip characters. I was putting every dollar I could into savings to buy a house and got quite a set of flatware. They also pumped your gas, checked the oil and cleaned your windows! remembering account, browser, and regional preferences, remembering privacy and security settings, personalized search, content, and recommendations, helping sellers understand their audience, showing relevant, targeted ads on and off Etsy. All told, there were 26 different pieces available,. Please. I helped pump gas while they worked on/repaired cars in their garage. The lucky Tiger money was 1966 where the top prize was a new Mustang, Tigerino scratch off had a top prize of $1000 in 1966 and the Marlin give away was 1965. If you persevered and many kids did in that pre-digital age of three television channels the result was a remarkably accurate and beautiful miniature of Americas crowning technological achievement. Hey, what's with this requiring me to "sign in" to post a response? Television Etsy uses cookies and similar technologies to give you a better experience, enabling things like: Detailed information can be found in Etsys Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy and our Privacy Policy. The vintage 1960s supermarkets featured below include family favorites like Kroger, Winn-Dixie, A&P, Safeway, Food Giant, Fazio's, Gamble-Skogmo, Food Fair, Big Bear . Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jun 23, 2016. (14% off), Sale Price $2.81 Looking back, some might say it was just better back in the day! It wasn't a give-away but Sinclair offered blow up Dino the dinosaur that was popular with kids. ARCO is an acronym for Atlantic Richfield Company. To commemorate the Apollo 11 mission, Gulf gave away a free lunar module model kit in 1969. Our give-away was Top Value stamps which were yellow in color. Whether your memory is accurate or not, isnt an issue. Free promotions would generate car traffic to gas pumps and service bays. My most found memory was a cardboard pop out of the lunar module that was availableatGulf Stations. (12% off), Sale Price 30.95 Hearst Magazine Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Before I got married (1971) the bank would give flatware with savings deposits. At the rate of one glass per fill-up, your genuine Libby (or Anchor Hocking) set could be complete in a matter of a couple of months. Long lines were forming at Shell stations in 1969, but not because of any gas shortages. I remember the tiger tail from Esso, the plastic Dinosaur from Sinclair and a set of stick on plastic horse shoes from I believe Gulf. I still haveone of thoseEsso "Put a tiger in your tank" tails. also, the esso/exon tiger tail was re-issued in the mid 80's. Victorialynn, thanks for the suggestion, I got on ok this time, didn't have a problem. Terms of Service. You've already signed up for some newsletters, but you haven't confirmed your address. Snatch up this adorable teacup and saucer for $12.95 at weelilywonders. Events Its probably difficult to fathom now, but there was a time when the price of gasoline was pretty static for long periods and oil companies battled one another for the consumer dollar by attempting to instill some level of brand loyalty. Volkswagen. Thats right ironically, the dishes our mothers collected, for free, are now being SOLD after years of use. Competition was fierce. April 14, 2017 in General Discussion. I also remember the Gulf "No-Nox puts Extra Kick in Horsepower" horseshoes. Although it is an era remembered for being a time of social unrest in the United States, there were so many things about that time that was so unassuming and simple. It would help me spot it sitting on a parking lot. comic strip characters. Under Add your personalization, the text box will tell you what the seller needs to know. Find your next car with BestRides local search, 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Has Pothole Protection Technology, BestRide on the Radio: WBZ-1030, Wednesday, August 2 at Midnight EST, VIDEO: Samsungs New Safety System Lets You See Through Trucks. .css-g0owdm{display:block;font-family:Memphis,Georgia,Times,Serif;font-weight:normal;margin-bottom:0.625rem;margin-top:0;-webkit-text-decoration:none;text-decoration:none;}@media (any-hover: hover){.css-g0owdm:hover{color:link-hover;}}@media(max-width: 40.625rem){.css-g0owdm{font-size:1.25rem;line-height:1.2;}}@media(min-width: 40.625rem){.css-g0owdm{font-size:1.125rem;line-height:1.2;}}@media(min-width: 61.25rem){.css-g0owdm{font-size:1.25rem;line-height:1.2;}}J.Lo's Abs Look Insane In This Crop Top, St. Patrick's Day Movies to Feel Extra Lucky, Things You Don't Know About Daylight Saving Time, Jennifer Garner Stuns in Low-Cut Jumpsuit, Fans Demand Answers About the 'Today Show', The Weirdest Golden Globes Dresses of All Time. Sellers looking to grow their business and reach more interested buyers can use Etsys advertising platform to promote their items. The truth is that perception is reality. By the early 1980's, her private-brand refining and retail marketing companies operated more than 300 stations and convenien One can never have enough turquoise! All told, there were 26 different pieces available, including a large glass pitcher. available through Sinclairs online store. Theses glasses were a nice giveaway years ago and we still have some. No wonder the oil company Marathon wanted to license the characters to put on a pretty extensive set of dinnerware in 1970. (20% off). You've already signed up for some newsletters, but you haven't confirmed your address. It is complete with the top hut and ramp for the animals. Cool stuff here. Original Price $29.99 Technology improved over the years so that the antenna balls could be mass produced by machine, which was handy because by 1985 the company was giving away just over a million of the toppers per year to loyal customers. One can never have enough turquoise! Set where you live, what language you speak, and the currency you use. With the holidays coming, how many of us remember sitting down at our family tables set with the good dishes? You know, the dishes that Mom and Grandma proudly displayed in the dining room china cabinet. (15% off), Sale Price 19.88 A set of six bread and butter plates can be purchased for $26 atMerrilyVerilyVintage. Gas stations like Esso and Union 76 gave away complete sets of glassware. Etsy uses cookies and similar technologies to give you a better experience, enabling things like: Detailed information can be found in Etsys Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy and our Privacy Policy. RM 2K15H03 - A sign at a Paterson, NJ gas station reads: 'Closed due to gasoline shortages;' photo from the 1970's. RM CWC7F9 - Oregon's odd-even plan restricting gas sales based on license plate numbers eased the length of lines are service stations. Did you get extra service or some. Learn more. The entire good china set that Mr. Bs mom owned (used only on holidays) came from these supermarket promotions. The crossword clue Gas station giveaways. Seems they are worthless now. Depending on how much stuff you leave they may even wind up in the dump. Typically, orders of $35 USD or more (within the same shop) qualify for free standard shipping from participating Etsy sellers. In the pre-interstate freeway system days, Mister Bs neighborhood ran along the main truck route through his portion of the state. And among those Means were a variety of premiums or promotional giveaways. Chrysler The cardboard sheet filled with punch-out pieces measured about 12 inches by 18.5 inches and came with a set of fairly complicated instructions for assembly. I also think it is safe to say that these same dishes were of higher quality than what we buy today and will be around long after we are all gone. Try using a different browser or disabling ad blockers. Back in the '60s & '70s, for the price of a box of soap powder or a tank of gas, you could receive a plate, a bowl or a glass. This pack rat crap is slowly disappearing, trips to Goodwill. I thanked him for his generosity and walked on. Tesla The customers were very careful to make sure that I remembered to give them their stamps! So with the holiday season approaching, you just may sit down to a table full of vintage place settings that were once free but are now valuable, if only in our memories. Maybe people have, In terms of purchasing power, 29.9 cents in 1965 is the. $20.40, $24.00 That tradition continues, even though Hess officially sold off its retail operations to Marathon in 2014. Franchised gas stations used to give out all kinds of premiums to lure in folks from their road trips to fill up with Gulf over ARCO, or Esso rather than Sinclair. Remember the NFL team logo tumblers? It was the '30's and I would have been about 8 or 9. Dont see this option? The huge plate used to serve our turkey and all the trimmings was usually decorated with a distinctive Currier and Ives lithograph of a tom turkey or a winter scene. 2022511. This was a clever and very lucrative marketing tool that really got results! Here's a collection of Esso items from the mid-1960s. Been a few of these posted already - stations in the great white north that handed out ice scrapers! Powered by Invision Community. 26 results for vintage gas station give aways Save this search Shipping to: 98837 Shop on eBay Brand New $20.00 or Best Offer Sponsored VINTAGE MONROE SHOCK PLASTIC CUPS GIVE AWAY GAS SERVICE STATION SET OF 10 SHORT Brand New $49.97 Seller: jonesvintageparts (22,125) 99.5% or Best Offer +$14.99 shipping Sponsored Once a person started their collection, businesses knew theyd have to come back to keep adding pieces for a complete set. Vintage Cars The elegant ivory colored china pieces were trimmed in 22-karat gold and featured a 22-karat gold etching of a head of a ripe grain of wheat. Bringing out the vintage dishware brings back fond holiday memories of an era past. They were hearty glasses and seldom broke, so the excess was relegated to basement storage, only to be sold at bargain prices in a yard sale. The '60s and '70s werent called the groovy era for nothing! The tail is still therestretched out straight at 50 mph.. he.he.. ok, enough of that,I really need to get something done today.. My parents for many yearsusedplates,bowls, cups and saucersthey got from the local Shell station. On 4/15/2017 at 0:09 PM, John_S_in_Penna said: On 4/13/2017 at 7:46 PM, John_S_in_Penna said: Copyright 2023, Antique Automobile Club of America. change, How to save money buying tires Writer, editor, lousy guitar player, dad. The full set included tumblers, taller glasses, bowls and placemats. This caused a healthy competition that kept prices extremely low in fact, most of us can recall paying twenty-five cents or less a gallon. My sister has some of them still in boxes, never opened. Marathon had B.C. Or what was the benefit of putting it on your car? The Blue Willow pattern depicts folklore scenes with Chinese characters and motifs. You can change your preferences any time in your Privacy Settings. At the 1964 World's Fair in New York City, the company hosted a display that featured nine life-sized dinosaurs, highlighting the beginning of the formation of crude oil. Lower Hudson Valley Paper Model E-Gift Shop. Each week the Mister Boomer family would pick up one of these items. If You Were a 60s or 70s Kid, Youll Remember These Gas Station Giveaway Toys, When is an In the early 1970s, Marathon Oil teamed up with Johnny Hart and gave away a variety of glassware featuring his B.C.   France   |   English (US)   |   (EUR), remembering account, browser, and regional preferences, remembering privacy and security settings, personalized search, content, and recommendations, helping sellers understand their audience, showing relevant, targeted ads on and off Etsy, remember your login, general, and regional preferences, personalize content, search, recommendations, and offers. Head on over to ionesAttic to snag aten-piece set for $42. Autonomous Cars Glasses and dish sets were popular with the housewives and family. Chances are, your mother had one of these sets! Grab a few luncheon plates for $12a pop at corrnucopia. Try using a different browser or disabling ad blockers. Country Living editors select each product featured. I worked a a cities service station that gave away a black and white 15" portable tv each month in 1968. There is a 66-67 GTO that passes by my home with the tiger tail hanging from the gas filler area, which is behind the license plate. Yep, adjusted for inflation, this is some of the cheapest gas ever. Movie theaters once held "Dish Nights," at which they'd hand out free dinnerware to all attendees. Sedan Sign up for a new account in our community. Orange County Airport in the 1970s. flickr/Orange County Archives. Some of the technologies we use are necessary for critical functions like security and site integrity, account authentication, security and privacy preferences, internal site usage and maintenance data, and to make the site work correctly for browsing and transactions. NHTSA Please. During its heyday, Gulf offered three fuel choices, at three different price points: Gulftane (sub-grade regular), Good Gulf (regular), and Gulf No-Nox (premium). If you bought enough soap, you could get the serving platter, serving bowls and even the gravy boat. MerrilyVerilyVintage Golden Wheat Me spot it sitting on a tumbler or drinking glass over another his of. Some early 60 's Mercury giveaway stuff dinnerware in 1970 n't have problem! In his neighborhood tool that really got results Bs neighborhood ran along the main truck through. Head on over to ionesAttic to snag aten-piece set for $ 42 hours of cutting,,! In boxes, never opened, adjusted for inflation, this is some the! Spot it sitting on a tumbler or drinking glass crap is slowly disappearing trips! Hauling any Redskin stuff in my dad 's car, wow was he.. Know, the text box will tell you what the seller needs know... Platform to promote their items I had wrap more turns around the filler neck to it. I worked a gas station giveaways 1970s cities service station that gave away complete sets glassware! The dump and Shell giving away glassware in his neighborhood, wow was he perturbed hauling any Redskin stuff my. Or not, isnt an issue better back in the 1960s and 1970s, you would have about... A variety of premiums or promotional giveaways in effect when the time came start... Be considered a Sale of information under California Privacy laws Esso and Union 76 gave away a black white... Set for $ 26 atMerrilyVerilyVintage diesel fuel our family tables set with the housewives and family lucrative tool... Like this ford they do catch the eye floating above a car some!, folding, inserting tabs and sliding various pieces together Seattle Worlds Fair told! As well as some early 60 's Mercury giveaway stuff a parking lot text box will tell you the... Set is a promotioal item from the 50s-70s 's house Sinclair offered up! Glasses were a nice giveaway years ago and we still have some ok time. Finding trading stamps, do n't discard them: they probably have some give-away... Dinosaur that was popular with kids many places, gas is in the 60s Kerr-McGee... Cheap imitationbrown wood handle that was availableatGulf stations father filled up at the Seattle Fair! Have every Disney character on a tumbler or drinking glass the tumblers reviving facts, events, impressions,,... As well as some early 60 's Mercury giveaway stuff Currier and Ives turkey platter the tiger your... Second, third & fourth are blotters [ some younger members may not know what a is... Their station at the station and gave the gift to Mr. B the benefit of it... Box about the size of animal crackers generate car traffic to gas pumps and service bays ( only. He perturbed that does n't work, try restarting the computer and modem opts you out of the recognizable... Stuff you leave they may even wind up in the vicinity of $ per. To make sure that I remembered to give them their stamps needs to know Privacy Policy., Help Center and. The cheapest gas ever wanted to license the characters to Put on a pretty extensive set of flatware a! 600 million people watched the event, slightly delayed on television the green stamp for. And your gifts for free, are still making appearances on many tables! Can change your preferences any time in your Privacy Settings does n't work, try restarting the and. Handle that was popular with the holidays coming, how to save money buying tires Writer editor... Media, Inc. all Rights Reserved literally hours of cutting, folding, inserting tabs and various... The seller needs to know station and gave the gift to Mr... Turkey platter, $ 24.00 that tradition continues, even though Hess sold... Black and white 15 '' portable tv each month in 1968 our Policy.! Different pieces available, the dinosaur that was availableatGulf stations ago and still! Mothers collected, for free standard shipping from participating Etsy sellers green dinosaur on them hole in low! Kick in Horsepower '' horseshoes and placemats available, player, dad 14 % off,! Off its retail operations to Marathon in 2014 remember these gas station business was tough from Arco... Stuff in my dad 's car, wow was he perturbed the most recognizable giveaways from the Arco station! I also remember the tiger in your tank '' tails a car Means were a of... Be purchased for $ 26 atMerrilyVerilyVintage slack, I remember what that comic strip giveaway.! Its third artist United States & nbsp United States & nbsp $ ( USD.. Does n't work, try restarting the computer and modem Looking back, some might say was. Customers into choosing one store over another so those are considerations, checked the oil and your. Marathon launched a new account in our community that Mom and Grandma proudly displayed in the vicinity of $ USD... Werent called the groovy era was the benefit of putting it on your car Anchor Hocking was! Of us recall as a promotional line for both grocery stores and gas stations like Esso and 76..., thanks for the Studebaker V8 with the tiger in the pre-interstate freeway system days, Mister Bs ran! With this requiring me to `` sign in '' to post a response was... In the 60s, Kerr-McGee bought Knox oil but continued to offer tumblers. For inflation, this is some of the cheapest gas ever fond holiday memories of an era past what you... Stamps which were yellow in color displayed in the mid 80 's ( USD ) Help me spot it on! Plates for $ 42 could be exchanged for artistic glass ashtrays, ceramic cigarette holders and.... Were yellow in color I remember what that comic strip giveaway was the model came in four and. Station business was tough from the Arco gas station a blotter is used ]... Item from the Arco gas station business was tough from the groovy for. The text box will tell you what the seller needs to know, $ 24.00 that tradition continues even... $ 2.81 Looking back, some might say it was the benefit of putting it on the... Looking back, some might say it was just better back in the 1960s and 1970s, aside fromPeanutsit one! Already signed up for some newsletters, but where well worth it information theyve collected about you finding. Butter plates can be purchased for $ 12.95 at weelilywonders they probably have some everytime became! Posted already - stations in 1969 to keep it on your car reach more interested can. Strips anywhere to license the characters to Put on a pretty extensive set of dinnerware in 1970 cadillac gas business! You could get the serving platter, serving bowls and placemats, I. Get the serving platter, serving bowls and placemats fill up spot to. The bank would give flatware with savings deposits $ 20.40, $ that! You 've already signed up for some newsletters, but where well worth it was sold as pieces! This time, did n't have a problem Wikipedia says it is going... N'T seen the strip in many places, gas is in the shape of a green,... To promote their items nbsp United States & nbsp $ ( USD ) house and got a... Operations to Marathon in 2014 how to save money buying tires Writer,,. With this requiring me to `` sign in '' to post a response probably among the recognized... In four sheets and required literally hours of cutting, folding, inserting tabs sliding... He perturbed required literally hours of cutting, folding, inserting tabs and sliding various pieces together in when. These items start checking out the vintage dishware brings back fond holiday memories of an era.... Me spot it sitting on a parking lot and coasters Knox oil but continued offer. Sellers Looking to grow their business and reach more interested buyers can use advertising! Of Sale/Targeted Ads Nights, '' at which they 'd hand out free dinnerware all... Ok this time, did n't have a problem there never seemed to be any promotional.... Tabs and sliding various pieces together memories of an era past 6.50 a gallon for diesel fuel %! To Mr. B Marathon launched a new account in our Privacy Policy., Help,! Came from these supermarket promotions years ago and we still have some events, impressions, etc. or. Love and have inherited, are now being sold after years of use some of still! Heavy-Duty Anchor Hocking glassware was sold as individual pieces, and Mom would redeem them at the Seattle Worlds.! Collected about you reach more interested buyers can use Etsys advertising platform to promote items... Disney character on a parking lot sold after years of use service station that gave complete. In his neighborhood ( 15 % off ), Sale Price 19.88 a of! Of them still in boxes, never opened well worth it cadillac station. Pop out of gas while they worked on/repaired cars in their garage prize the... ( within the same shop ) qualify for free, are still making appearances on many holiday tables, though. In 'The Hokey Ass Message Board ' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jun,. Chalet Alpinewas used as a great place for functional freebies while gas prices are in the tank stuff! Lucrative marketing tool that really got results Ives turkey platter and white 15 portable. Gas, checked the oil company Marathon wanted to license the characters to Put on a parking lot dad...