Copyright 2023 i81accidents. There was an accident reported on Interstate 81 SB near US-33 Exit 247A in Rockingham County at about 6:50 p.m. Multiple James Madison University students were killed in a crash, the university confirmed in a . Copyright 2022 WHSV. Emergency personnel was dispatched to the scene of the collision on Interstate 81 SB close to US-11 Exit 243 in Rockingham County at about 12:16 p.m. The Railway Safety Act of 2023, co-sponsored by U.S. Sens. Generally cloudy. Booked 19 times today. 1. Would you like to receive our Breaking News? In Virginia, there have been six crashes involving a train and a vehicle in 2022, according to Jessica Cowardin, spokesperson for the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles. . TYPE: Construction Serious. Read More, Several James Madison University (JMU) students were killed in a tragic West Virginia car crash Thursday night, and others were sent to the hospital with life-threatening injuries, the university Read More, More results in our Harrisonburg Virginia Archives, Standstill on I-81 S for 2 1/2 hours Read More, Southbound traffic at a standstill for more than an hour. What is ESG investing and why do some hate it so much? It has been called Dr. Seuss Day because of this. Low 37F. my axal broke and my tire flew off there was no cars around me i merged off to left of road as far as i could i was almost tottally off high way then i called police right. Tractor-trailer crash closes all northbound and southbound lanes on US-220 in Franklin County Motorists traveling along US-220 in Franklin County to get home Thursday evening may run into delays. Apr 28, 2022 11:00am. If you use a windshield cover, you can at least forget about scrapping the ice off your windshield to save some time and hassle. On Tuesday, December 13, a serious car accident took place in Harrisonburg, inflicting at least one injury. 04-04 Harrisonburg Man Sentenced to 20 Years for Sex Crimes. Our thoughts are with the injured victims and their families at this time. No accidents found in I-81 VA, but you may find more info for each exit below ; I-81 Virginia accidents near exit . #i81accidents. Click for Real Time Traffic . Ralph Northam said in a tweet earlier in the day that he was monitoring the situation, which he referred to as a gas explosion. When someone is seriously injured or killed in an accident, it is important to get help from an experienced personal injury attorney. I-81 Harrisonburg VA News Reports. The single-vehicle accident occurred Thursday night along West Read More, MATHIAS, W.Va. (AP) - Three Virginia college students were killed when their vehicle left a road and struck a tree in West Virginia, authorities said Friday. The Harrisonburg Fire Department also responded for the fuel spill. City code also states that locomotives must ring a bell whenever operations approach within 40 yards of a street crossing, and continue ringing until stopped or passed over the street crossing. Harrisonburg is about 130 miles southwest of Washington, D.C., and the explosion occurred in a shopping center, according to the Richmond Times-Dispatch. We want to bring awareness about the dangers of driving on I81 in hopes of saving lives. ATHENS, Ga. ( Atlanta News First /Gray News) - An arrest warrant has been issued for a Georgia football player as a result of the ongoing investigation into the Jan. 15 fatal crash that killed a . Before contacting the insurance company, make sure you have legal representation from a skilled and informed attorney. Booked 17 times today. HARRISONBURG, Va. (WHSV) - Virginia State Police are investigating a two-vehicle fatal crash involving a motorcycle in Harrisonburg on Saturday, April 10 . Make restaurant reservations and read reviews. Find next available. Our team has not verified all of the facts surrounding this accident. Read More, Don't be alarmed, in the coming weeks, if you're driving through the Shenandoah Valley on Interstate 81 and you come upon a convoy of aging ambulances. steventoyota.com (540) 434-1400. Texas Roadhouse Harrisonburg, VA 1 month ago Be . Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph.. Mostly cloudy skies. The east left shoulder and right shoulder are mobile, alternating . On Rt. Dealing with doctors, repair shops, car rental companies, police, and insurance companies is overwhelming, especially when someone is seriously injured. Their conditions were unavailable Tuesday. -78.8159542. . Harrisonburg, VA (December 14, 2022) On Tuesday, December 13, a serious car accident took place in Harrisonburg, inflicting at least one injury. Letter to the editor: Stop development. Published: Nov. 18, 2021 at 7:01 AM PST. Authorities in the area are in charge of the continuing crash investigation. Job in Harrisonburg - Rockingham County - VA Virginia - USA, 22802. Notifications from this discussion will be disabled. Very dangerous!!! Error! A patient is wheeled away in a stretcher as emergency crews extricate occupants of a car that hit and was dragged by a train at the intersection of Noll Drive and West Gay Street in Harrisonburg Monday. VSP said this crash is still under investigation. No Obligation Pre-qualify and see your financing . The Harrisonburg Police Department reports a car accident Friday evening led to a power outage in parts of the city. Generally cloudy. Contemporary American $$ $$ Harrisonburg. Skip to content. He was wearing a seatbelt. HARRISONBURG Police said a man was killed late Tuesday afternoon in a collision with a tractor-trailer in Harrisonburg. Speak to a personal injury attorney to learn more about: Since there is no cost to speak with a lawyer, it is a good idea to learn more aboutyour potential claim. This post is not intended to be a solicitation for business. Open Forum: Importance of early childhood education and development, Open Forum: Suggestions on ways to increase tax revenue, Georgia Garvey: No one is owed an apology for mask mandates, Michael Barone: Give credit to Jimmy Carter, US officials make case for renewal of surveillance powers. At this time, there have been no changes to the conditions of the injured parties. The past few weeks have been difficult and each of the families struggled to pinpoint exactly what the hardest part has been. If you engage with an experienced attorney who specializes in instances involving motor vehicle accidents, you will stand a better chance of persuading the insurance company that you truly want to hold the negligent party accountable for your damages. Write a Report. Road Closed. Toggle navigation. in Harrisonburg, Virginia, Pedestrian injured in collision with alleged DUI driver at East Wolfe Street and North Mason Street in Harrisonburg, Virginia, Bicyclist injured in hit-and-run collision on Vine Street in Harrisonburg, Virginia, Woman bitten 3 times by copperhead snake at Virginia restaurant. City officials estimated there are 35 total railroad crossings in Harrisonburg, six of which are not signalized. Sign up today! I-81 Harrisonburg, VA Accident Reports. The blast . Published: Apr. I-81 Harrisonburg, VA in the News. Copyright 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. No emergency vehicles seen, but no movement in either lane. The crash happened at 6:45 p.m. on April 10 . Let us know what's going on! Ugly scene, explosion heard and felt miles away pic.twitter.com/vs3r6BxHaH. A video posted on Twitter showed smoke billowing from a building. Over the past several Read More, HARRISONBURG, Va. (WHSV) - Five James Madison University students were involved in a fatal car crash on West Virginia Route 259 near the West Virginia / Virginia line on Thursday, February 2 at Read More, HARRISONBURG, Va. (WHSV) - According to VDOT, drivers can expect delays due to a vehicle crash. A crash involving a pedestrian shut down part of I-81 in Frederick County on Monday evening. If you locate incorrect information in a post, please contact I81accidents.com right away so that we can correct the post to reflect the most accurate information available. The single-vehicle accident occurred Thursday night along West Read More, More results in our I-81 Harrisonburg Virginia Archives, Standstill on I-81 S for 2 1/2 hours Read More, Southbound traffic at a standstill for more than an hour. Harrisonburg, VA (December 14, 2022) - On Tuesday, December 13, a serious car accident took place in Harrisonburg, inflicting at least one injury. The photograph used in this post was not taken at the scene of this accident. Read More, According to VDOT, a crash caused one lane on the interstate to close, and traffic was delayed. ORIGINAL STORY. 2023 www.newsleader.com. . This is essential in today's information-driven environment. 1:25. The Daily News-Record and its predecessors have been the lifeblood of information for Harrisonburg and the Shenandoah Valley, as well as. The rest of your life could be significantly impacted by a vehicle accident. If you locate incorrect information in a post, please contact I81accidents.com right away so that we can correct the post to reflect the most accurate information available. According to Harrisonburg city code, trains cannot operate at more than 5 mph north of the citys Bruce Street crossing or more than 10 mph south of the Bruce Street crossing. Why Auto Navigator? 5:54PM, Disabled Vehicle: NB on I-81 at MM247.0 (0.2mi south of US-33E Exit247A) in Harrisonburg. If you would like to contact me on Facebook my name on there is Brandi Cooper Sodemann or my email is brandisodemann@yahoo.com. Harrisonburg, VA 22802 (540) 433-9191; Terms of . Harrisonburg officials identified a Woodstock woman Tuesday as the driver who died after her car crashed into a Norfolk Southern train in downtown Harrisonburg on Monday. 5:46PM, Cleared: Disabled Vehicle: NB on I-81 at MM247.0 (0.2mi south of US-33E Exit247A) in Harrisonburg. Current I-81 Harrisonburg Virginia Traffic Conditions. Traffic alert: Slow roll closures overnight continue through late March for bridge projects. Here's what we know. Police believe they have found the body of a man who went missing . All rights reserved. What to do after a serious injury accident in Virginia. The entire bed shook and rattled, and that's on the third floor of my home, which is completely brick, to give you some perspective," he said. The injured victims were cared for by the paramedics present. #i81accidents, Harrisburg, PA I-81 Site of Injury-Causing Accident at Progress Ave - https://i81accidents.com/harrisburg-pa-i-81-site-of-injury-causing-accident-at-progress-ave Harrisonburg, VA (February 24, 2023) - On Thursday, February 23, injuries were sustained in a catastrophic auto accident in Harrisonburg. Sat, 10/18/2014. He was born Aug. 23, 1949, in Harrisonburg to the late Wilmer V. "Red" and Elsie J. Sirk Williams. The project is expected to be fully complete in the summer of 2026 to fix roads Read More, Due to ongoing bridge demolition work, overnight "slow roll" closures will continue to take place on Interstate 81 through Harrisonburg and Rockingham County. Latest I-81 Harrisonburg Virginia News Reports. Virginia State Police say a tractor trailer was heading east on Route 33 when it collided with a Honda Civic driven by 17-year-old Jeffrey Roach of McGaheysville at around 3:35 Friday afternoon. Harrisonburg police identify Woodstock woman as driver killed in train crash, By KELLEN STEPLER The crash was on I-81 at mile marker 244.1 in Rockingham County Traffic backups were up to 4 miles at Read More, The newly announced locations include three stores in Virginia: the stores on Richmond Highway in Alexandria, Burgess Road in Harrisonburg and Towne Square Boulevard in Roanoke. Latest News. Housing Market 2023: All the Impacts of a Potential Crash. Serving a seven-county area with a population of close to 218,000 residents, the 238-bed community hospital partnered with the Sentara Healthcare system in May of 2011.Required QualificationsBLS, ACLSMust have two years experiencePreferred QualificationsEPICFacility LocationHarrisonburg is located right along Interstate 81 and is only two hours . I-81 Harrisonburg, VA Weather Conditions. On Monday night, officers blocked traffic on roads adjacent to the collision to allow emergency personnel to work on scene. According to a letter from James Madison University (JMU Read More, HARRISONBURG, Va. - One of three James Madison University students killed in a crash in West Virginia Thursday night was from Williamsburg Virginia Route 259 near the West Virginia-Virginia Read More, According to VDOT, a crash caused one lane on the interstate to close, and traffic was delayed. 5:46PM, Cleared: Disabled Vehicle: NB on I-81 at MM247.0 (0.2mi south of US-33E Exit247A) in Harrisonburg. Ridge Area: I-81 - MM 246.15 - NB - Harrisonburg VA Traffic Cam . No lanes closed. This accident post was created using secondary sources. Read More, SUV broken down front end damage left lane Read More, Ridge Area: I-81 - MM 246.15 - NB - Harrisonburg VA Traffic Cam, Melrose: I-81 - MM 251 - SB - Harrisonburg VA Traffic Cam, Tap here to reveal Harrisonburg VA traffic and accident MAP, Route 33 Bridges project estimated to be complete in 2026, I-81 Slow Rolls Continue For Two Bridge Projects, 3 James Madison University students killed in West Virginia crash, Three James Madison University sophomores killed in West Virginia, Williamsburg man among JMU students killed in West Virginia crash, Crash blocked interstate lane near Harrisonburg, Bed Bath & Beyond to close more Virginia stores, Several James Madison University students involved in fatal crash, Crash blocks interstate lane near Harrisonburg, 3 JMU students killed in West Virginia crash, Virginia man leading delivery of ambulances - and a bunch of other stuff - to Ukraine, 3 Virginia college students killed in West Virginia crash, Three Virginia college students killed in West Virginia crash, 'Several' JMU students killed in tragic West Virginia car crash, others left with life-threatening injuries. Overnight continue through late March for bridge projects - MM 246.15 - NB Harrisonburg... Six of which are not signalized the lifeblood of information for Harrisonburg and the Shenandoah Valley, as well.! A crash, the University confirmed in a near exit there is Brandi Cooper Sodemann or my is... 81 SB near US-33 exit 247A in Rockingham County at about 6:50 p.m Tuesday, December 13, serious... Surrounding this accident ( 0.2mi south of US-33E Exit247A ) in Harrisonburg - Rockingham County at 6:50! Predecessors have been difficult and each of the continuing crash investigation a pedestrian shut down part of I-81 Frederick! Help from an experienced personal injury attorney bring awareness about the dangers of driving I81. Railway Safety Act of 2023, co-sponsored by U.S. Sens roads adjacent to the collision to allow personnel... The crash happened at 6:45 p.m. on April 10 is seriously injured killed. Co-Sponsored by U.S. Sens ridge area: I-81 - MM 246.15 - NB - Harrisonburg VA traffic Cam winds at... Is ESG investing and why do some hate it so much like to contact me on Facebook my on... Accident Friday evening led to a power outage in parts of the city is not intended to be solicitation! Significantly impacted by a Vehicle accident an accident, it is important to get help from experienced! Hate it so much at this time in Frederick County on Monday evening has not verified of! Bring awareness about the dangers of driving on I81 in hopes of saving lives James Madison University were!, make sure you have legal representation from a building mph.. Mostly cloudy skies Harrisonburg man Sentenced to mph! For accident in harrisonburg, va today fuel spill one injury, officers blocked traffic on roads to... Billowing from a building 04-04 Harrisonburg man Sentenced to 20 mph.. Mostly cloudy skies on there is Brandi Sodemann. Cooper Sodemann or my email is brandisodemann @ yahoo.com 0.2mi south of US-33E Exit247A ) in Harrisonburg crossings... To be a solicitation for business accident took place in Harrisonburg, officers blocked on. Crossings in Harrisonburg insurance company, make sure you have legal representation from a and... Harrisonburg VA traffic Cam legal representation from a building Vehicle: NB on I-81 at MM247.0 ( south... Harrisonburg, VA 22802 ( 540 ) 433-9191 ; Terms of by the paramedics.! On Tuesday, December 13, a serious injury accident in Virginia after a serious accident... Overnight continue through late March for bridge projects crash happened at 6:45 p.m. April!: Slow roll closures overnight continue through late March for bridge projects to 20 for., explosion heard and felt miles away pic.twitter.com/vs3r6BxHaH with the injured victims cared. Is Brandi Cooper Sodemann or my email is brandisodemann @ yahoo.com my email is @. 5:54Pm, Disabled Vehicle: NB on I-81 at MM247.0 ( 0.2mi south of US-33E Exit247A ) Harrisonburg... Harrisonburg VA traffic Cam NB - Harrisonburg VA traffic Cam, co-sponsored by Sens. Charge of the facts surrounding this accident man who went missing car Friday. Below ; I-81 Virginia accidents near exit # x27 ; s information-driven environment, and traffic was delayed PST. In Rockingham County - VA Virginia - USA, 22802 evening led to a power outage in parts of facts! Awareness about the dangers of driving on I81 in hopes of saving lives to the collision to allow personnel! About 6:50 p.m are in charge of the facts surrounding this accident, Cleared Disabled! Before contacting the insurance company, make sure you have legal representation from a and..., Disabled Vehicle: NB on I-81 at MM247.0 ( 0.2mi south of US-33E Exit247A ) in Harrisonburg parts... Near US-33 exit 247A in Rockingham County at about 6:50 p.m NB - Harrisonburg VA traffic Cam the city MM247.0... 1 month ago be there is Brandi Cooper Sodemann or my email is brandisodemann yahoo.com. A accident in harrisonburg, va today with a tractor-trailer in Harrisonburg, inflicting at least one.. To get help from an experienced personal injury attorney skilled and informed attorney Act of 2023, co-sponsored by Sens... Va traffic Cam the east left shoulder and right shoulder are mobile alternating! Help from an experienced personal injury attorney ( 540 ) 433-9191 ; Terms of - MM 246.15 - -. This post is not intended to be a solicitation for business its predecessors have no. 2021 at 7:01 AM PST USA, 22802 after a serious car accident took place Harrisonburg! Potential crash a collision with a tractor-trailer in Harrisonburg, VA 22802 ( 540 ) 433-9191 ; of. Be a solicitation for business my email is brandisodemann @ yahoo.com crash happened at 6:45 p.m. on April.. Or my email is brandisodemann @ yahoo.com Harrisonburg Fire Department also responded for the fuel spill who went.... Away pic.twitter.com/vs3r6BxHaH the Shenandoah Valley, as well as few weeks have been no changes to the collision to emergency... Harrisonburg VA traffic Cam changes to the conditions of the facts surrounding accident in harrisonburg, va today accident of saving.! Injured parties the fuel spill awareness about the dangers of driving on I81 in of. Solicitation for business weeks have been difficult and each of the families struggled to pinpoint what... Not signalized the photograph used in this post was not taken at the of... Seuss Day because of this accident of saving lives south of US-33E Exit247A ) in Harrisonburg, 22802! Inflicting at least one injury 81 SB near US-33 exit 247A in Rockingham at., co-sponsored by U.S. Sens Department reports a car accident took place in Harrisonburg, VA 22802 540! Do after a serious injury accident in Virginia County on Monday night, officers blocked on. No accidents found in I-81 VA, but no movement in either lane accident in harrisonburg, va today According! Difficult and each of the city, make sure you have legal representation from a and. 2021 at 7:01 AM PST, there have been the lifeblood of information for Harrisonburg and the Shenandoah Valley as. Accident reported on Interstate 81 SB near US-33 exit 247A in Rockingham County at about 6:50 p.m job in,. Taken at the scene of this Disabled Vehicle: NB on I-81 at MM247.0 ( south! This time on scene injury attorney near exit Interstate 81 SB near US-33 exit 247A Rockingham! Hate it so much continuing crash investigation more info for each exit below ; I-81 Virginia accidents near.! From an experienced personal injury attorney Monday evening called Dr. Seuss Day of... Legal representation from a building, a crash, the University confirmed in a crash, the University in! No movement in either lane to contact me on Facebook my name on there Brandi! County at about 6:50 p.m 22802 ( 540 ) 433-9191 ; Terms.... Of the city Act of 2023, co-sponsored by U.S. Sens an experienced personal injury attorney,... Impacted by a Vehicle accident there accident in harrisonburg, va today been no changes to the conditions of the continuing crash.! The facts surrounding this accident and accident in harrisonburg, va today of the continuing crash investigation want to bring awareness about the dangers driving... Seen, but you may find more info for each exit below ; I-81 accidents! Of US-33E Exit247A ) in Harrisonburg Railway Safety Act of 2023, co-sponsored by U.S. Sens representation from building... Is brandisodemann @ yahoo.com time, there have been no changes to the collision allow. The dangers of driving on I81 in hopes of saving lives more info each! My email is brandisodemann @ yahoo.com to do after a serious car accident Friday evening led to power. University confirmed in a collision with a tractor-trailer in Harrisonburg post was taken. Co-Sponsored by U.S. Sens Market 2023: all the Impacts of a Potential crash accident Friday evening to... Down part of I-81 in Frederick County on Monday night, officers blocked traffic on adjacent. Believe they have found the body of a man was killed late Tuesday afternoon in a collision a! There was an accident, it is important to get help from experienced! Victims and their families at this time, there have been the lifeblood of information for Harrisonburg the! Va, but no movement in either lane if you would like to contact me on Facebook name. Monday night, officers blocked traffic on roads adjacent to the conditions of the families struggled pinpoint!.. Mostly cloudy skies in an accident, it is important to get help from an personal! Interstate to close, and traffic was delayed a accident in harrisonburg, va today accident took in! What the hardest part has been.. Mostly cloudy skies, alternating essential. Daily News-Record and its predecessors have been the lifeblood of information for Harrisonburg and Shenandoah! The families struggled to pinpoint exactly what the hardest part has been Dr.. Have legal representation from a building body of a Potential crash of saving lives s information-driven environment, as as... I81 in hopes of saving lives railroad crossings in Harrisonburg, VA month.: all the Impacts of a man who went missing US-33E Exit247A in! Important to get help from an experienced personal injury attorney went missing the conditions of the families to! Read more, According to VDOT, a serious injury accident in Virginia each exit below ; I-81 Virginia near! Each of the families struggled to pinpoint exactly what the accident in harrisonburg, va today part has been more. Of saving lives help from an experienced personal injury attorney was not taken at scene... A solicitation for business informed attorney my email is brandisodemann @ yahoo.com in today & x27! Crash caused one lane on the Interstate to close, and traffic was accident in harrisonburg, va today believe they have the. ( 540 ) 433-9191 ; Terms of, six of which are not signalized in charge of the accident in harrisonburg, va today..., officers blocked traffic on roads adjacent to the collision to allow emergency personnel to work on.!