If youre looking for a good farmhouse exterior white then you should definitely consider Shoji White. Swiss Coffee has creamy warm undertones which stop walls . In this stylish bathroom, the Urbane Bronze vanity looks so sharp against the Shoji White Walls. Its a lovely color, just the wrong finish. Kerri. Do the cabniets need to be brought down to a primer coat before repainting from simply white to dove white. Also trying to pick a slighting darker white for all my walls help! A white that comes up JUST PERFECT in a north-facing room, could look too warm in a south-facing room. Thank you in advance for your help, Hi Kylie. You would need to narrow down your color family choices. Its one of Sherwin Williams top 50 paint colors and for good reason. The idea is making me twitchy, but I dont see a way around it without going cold for the whole room, which I really dont want to do. Greek Villa #SW7551 You I love the clean white of it and less warmth than Simply White. Id like an all house wall color for a seamless contemporary look that is not bright white. This is why youre DARN lucky to have a little Ginger in your back pocket (I pinch upon request). A shoji white vs white dove or east-facing room, hallways in Grant beige by Benjamin Moore Dove. I hope that helps! Always perfect for a bedroom. Love BM matte finish so much better. Hi Kylie! Shoji white is a warm white, that leans a little tan. I have several blog posts dedicated to this topic such as: Alabaster SW 7008, which has a subtle warm undertone, would be the best choice for your basement. White Dove looks AMAZING on cabinets and furniture. Hope this helps! ~Kylie, Hey Kylie I just found your blog today and I have been engrossed for hours! Collection. If you guys play your cards right, you might see a whole post about Sherwin Williams Greek Villa soon. I have Acacia Wood floors in my kitchen, dining and living room and golden oak cabinets in the kitchen. Hi Debra! Get my step by step in my post on how to paint a room. Hi! In order for the eye to perceive a different color, you would need to pick a color at least two steps darker than SW 7005 Pure White that color would no longer be considered a white. Shoji White by Sherwin Williams This is a gorgeous warm white with a subtle gray undertone. Well thank you! As my style is more rustic cabin on a lake with tons of wood and light wood stained cabinets, is Alabaster a good choice for a warm white? Thank you! Are you asking for an all over white? Swiss Coffee is a warm, creamy white with a higher LRV ) than Shoji White (74), making it considerably whiter and brighter. Going for modern rustic ish. . . It is the perfect warm white with a gray undertone; it looks beautiful with wood or metal finishes. Will shoji white go with it? Hello Nancy! This is a very in-depth post so get comfortable and lets get to know Shoji White! Hardwood floors in med walnut. Consider sticking with Pure White SW 7005 as your option it is a clean white without any undertones. I was hesitate to put it throughout that it might be too off white for trims, doors and ceilings so I went with simply white for ceilings (including vaulted ceiling), trim and doors. Cloud White by Benjamin Moore . Paint isnt just something I write about, its a big part of my life! Ive been reading your blogs for some time and just love all the info you provide. We currently have Navajo White on all walls and the trim is pure white. I'm in heaven. Thank you for the clarification!!! Hi Angie! The color chart is named Valspar Paint Colors and it is quite popular among paint manufacturers and color designers. This shade pairs especially well with traditional spaces thanks to its approachable quality that feels timeless. I was thinking Pure White but I am wondering if it is the best option before I go for it. Its so weird, some stores call it ounces, others insist on shots! Heres a nice combination of shingles and board and batten siding painted with Shoji White. Ive been leaning toward alabaster, but am worried because yea know its a whole house color haha. For the walls, Accessible Beige is a beauty, one of my fave neutrals. It is a go to color with a hint of gray that delivers time and time again. Why You'll Love Sherwin Williams Zurich White This color is perfect for those who love grey, but would like something a touch warmer or a slightly greige tone or if you're transitioning from a grey room. We are painting kitchen cabinet white and trying to decide between Alabaster and Pure White. Due to the amount of personal questions I get in a day, along with my Online Consulting clients, I do need to refer you to my e-design, this way I can see photos of your kitchen and do things the the right way! I painted my fireplace Pure White. I love all the info you have so kindly taken the time to share. I am wanting a warm white. Keeping in mind that the chocolate brown beams will stay the brown colour. Simply White is so close to being white that doing anything other than it could look off. Now Dove White is a more subdued look for cabinets/trim/ceiling/etc (and Im wondering if you might mean White Dove?). This charming home has black windows and light fixtures the contrast nicely with Shoji White. Yes, White Dove can look dirty/yellow compared to a clean gray. Hello, Ideally your ceiling could be a lighter colour, even Silver Satin just to take that gray edge off of things a bit The Best Benjamin Moore DARK Greige & Taupe Paint Colours. I loved the color but unfortunately my painter convinced me to use a poly top cop. With having a small galley kitchen with no window and only very little natural light coming into the living area and two bedrooms would you recommend I stay with the WHITE ? Wed like to get a better sense of your space before making a recommendation. I lean a bit more toward Pure White. I have a TON of related articles if youd like to learn more! Wondering what color trim would look best in the house Im building: Paint colors in the house include edgecomb gray (main living open concept area), gray cashmere (guest bdrm) , ballet white (master bdrm), and stonington gray (this is in a bathroom with carerra marble counters), The house white vinyl windows, medium white oak hardwood floors throughout white cabinets (kitchen and bathrooms). If youre going for a modern farmhouse but dont want a stark white, Shoji White is a great choice. Kim, Hello Kim, check out these subtle whites they have a touch of gray in them and will complement Iron Ore SW 7069 beautifully. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Shoji White undertones Unfortunately, the Shoji White is not that friendly as far as we know. You bet, I would keep it consistent youll find that the ceilings do shade themselves slightly though, which is only natural . I want the white to be warm if anything and not come off grey/taupe. The ceiling is alabaster and trim is creamy in the entire house- it appears white I do not currently see any yellow. It has warm, invisible taupe undertones. Elegantly understated is the word for this pretty living room. We just bought our first house and are excited to redecorate. Hello, Would Alabaster or Shoji White be a better blend with Shitaki? Cloud White works well on cabinets and furniture and often suits some of the older granite countertops and finishes in homes from the 1990s. The walls are currently Believable Buff which is too gold for my taste. I do have E-design services where I can actually spend time with your room and figure out its specific needs, if that interests you, the link is here https://www.kylieminteriors.ca/online-decorating-design-services/ Your video was great!!! Is White Still Trendy On Walls, Cabinets & Exteriors? I was leaning towards White Dove (so many on-line recommendations), but possibly White Dove may look to yellow in my small and lightless condo. So, all logic would point to Shoji White being a soft warm gray/greige. Of course in the ideal world trims/cabinets/etc.. would match, but its not a dealbreaker (Id tell you if it was). Our house is furnished mostly in warm, natural colors e.g., orange, yellow, shades of brown, and reds. Remember, just because theyre POPULAR, doesnt mean they will work EVERYWHERE they all have some serious considerations, Cloud White is one of the most popular warm white paint colours for a few reasons. Or check out these posts for more ideas: These color forecast from years past are chock full of great paint color ideas: Looking for the paint colors Ive used in my own home? Our kitchen, dining, living is all one open area with lots of windows and facing east/west. Hi Laura! The floating wood shelves and table are a great way to warm up the space. I am considering painting the main part of my house (hallways, family room, kitchen) in a BM White Dove per someones suggestion. Sherwin Williams White Duck may be just the answer to your search. Eider White has a light reflectance value (LRV) of 73. Lastly, it is precisely why we begin talking about undertones in whites, because it is absolutely necessary to know the undertones of paint colors with a high LRV (i.e. Good luck! BM White Dove is an 85 LRV (100 being pure white). ~Kylie. May I request your opinion please. Thank you. Hi Christine, youre coming across the reason why I almost ALWAYS suggest using the same white in a room for any finish. Pure White SW 7005 is a soft, clean white. White Dove Benjamin Moore. Our kitchen cabinets (new from Kemper) will be Shaker design/White paint color. Shoji White by Sherwin-Williams (SW 7042). February 24, 2023. It is a warm white (hence the yellow) with a kind of greige/grayed out base (hence the dirty). oooo yes, I like the idea of Pure White and Drift of Mist. Also, the den area will have coffered ceilings, so a contrasting color would be nice. Nothing has been installed but the frames have already been painted. Pearly white in some shaded spaces definitely reads light grey to me. #3 // Top White or Off-White Paint Color Shoji White by Sherwin Williams: Im wanting to paint my walls drift of mist. We are ordering our kitchen tomorrow (new build) our island is Hale Navy. Your email address will not be published. If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. Hi Jessie, thank you for your note! Change Color. Our home style is a blend of cottage, craftsman, rustic, modern. I feel like this color is also a great neutral white though, because it really seems to go with most other accent colors. Im headed towards a warm white (north-facing) kitchen, but paralyzed by the fact that my windows are standard factory-issue white vinyl. This would be a great choice if you want the white look, without the bright white starkness. Without having seen your home and its roof/stone/landscaping/exposure, I would generally lean more toward White Dove or Cloud White. Thank you for sharing your knowledge! But, it has a bit more gray in it than Ballet White. https://www.kylieminteriors.ca/online-decorating-design-services/. Ooo Shelley, I wouldnt. Warm whites can only be made by adding a drop of yellow to them. Our style for furniture is a mix of antiques, Victorian, mixed with some Ethan Allen British Collection. Hello, We are painting our entire house white and have decided to go with pure white SW7005. Consider using that same palette when you repaint no need to reinvent the wheel. Does Sherwin Williams have a barely off-white that wd work better? While I do my best to answer generic decorating/paint questions, when it comes to specific rooms/needs I direct my readers to my Online Consulting, this way I can look at photos and spend some quality time with you and your home! Hall leading to bedrooms kind of dim. Hey my Ginger friend! What color white would give somewhat of a difference with pure white while still being classified as a white color? I did this and had them add 4 ounces to a gallon . I just found your site a couple days ago and am obsessed with it! Our cabinet maker made our 1/2 bath cabinet/vanity a year ago and it appears to be a color similar to white dove (bm), possibly a little lighter tone. Im debating using white dove or cloud white for my whole house color. For reference, I painted SW Ebbtide in the powder room, because it pulls the mid-tone blues from the living room rug. Hi Brenda! I painted my kitchen cabinets Simply White. Your trim and cabinetry should be the same color however I need a little more info before I can recommend a color. Shopping List. Walls are White Dove by Benjamin Moore (OC-17) in a washable matte. Perhaps its because Im comparing it to the Antique White thats currently on our walls. Not too beige or too gray just right. It has a yellow undertone which makes it not as stark as more traditional true whites. The samples - all in satin - on the wall are from top to bottom: SW Aesthetic White / SW Shoji White / BM White Dove Dove White is so pretty! We are new construction. Subscribe below!. Most of my clients who want white walls and trim (and cabinets) want a cohesive look. Just watched your video on SW High Reflective White:) I will go with that. Would you suggest lightening it by 25 or 50%? I have to paint the cupboards and Im going with white of course. Learn about Benjamin Moore Cloud White (OC-130) in this paint color review. Hi Kyle I want to thank you for such excellent advise . Heron Plume SW 6070 My home has travertine floors and mahogany wood cabinets and wood beams. If you have better suggestions, I would love it! Here are color suggestions for off-whites with a warm golden/yellow undertone that may work better with your warm tile. Hello Steve! Hiya~ If it were ME, I would find it a bit too yellow for ceilings and trims and would lean more into BM Oxford White or BM Chantilly Lace even I also love Simply White if you want a bit more warmth :). The shoji door. Some people like to have all of the surfaces the same. When it comes to more details personal questions, I do refer to my E-design packages where I can take a look at your home otherwise Im just making my best guess for you. I was surprised at how much whiter/brighter the semi gloss was however. Lost of sunlight and I dont want it to look too stark. It was a little shocking with how dark it was compared to the others. Hi Linda, check out these white/light greiges. Even though it can and will look both gray and slightly blue it can ALSO pick up a greenish look (as the green in it is ACTUALLY more dominant than the blue.). Thinking of a warmer white though so it feels cozy. However, whereas Simply White has a higher LRV, putting it closer to the TRUE white end of things, with White Doves lower LRV (83), White Dove most often LOOKS like a soft white. Your email address will not be published. What white goes with Shoji white? The warm hue complements the wood posts beautifully. 1. I want to paint my dining room, entryway, and hall. I dont want a stark contrast, but instead, Id like a white that compliments the shoji walls. Featured Colors: Eider White SW 7014 (Walls), Extra White SW 7006 ( Wainscoting) Eider White Let us know when you get a minute, thanks again. Thank you thank you!! They keep the room from feeling cold with the gray backsplash and bottom cabinets. Hi there, I know you are super busy but I have a major dilemma! It was recently the color of the month for Sherwin Williams, so you might be seeing more in the near future. However I now need to choose a cabinet colour for the kitchen and I dont think its a good idea to paint the kitchen the same as everything else. We recently moved and I had all my trim, doors and built-ins painted cloud white and my walls painted Manchester Tan. What finish would be nice for the walls? Revere . Well Ann, I had the exact same issue I wish I only had to do 3 coats (I went 6)this colour just doesnt have enough tint in it to cover well. Do you recommend using both as ceiling paint in addition to trim for those two? These colours are setting the STAGE for wall colours, finishes, furnishings and accents. The TOP 3 WARM whites for walls, trims, cabinets & more. Also, what finish trim do you recommend with a matte wall? Sign up for a free Virtual Color Consultation here: https://www.sherwinwilliams.com/homeowners/color/lead-csi. Hi Mary Beth! Please let me know if you think this is too dark for ceilings and walls. Im having a hard time picking a color for the trim and my cabinets (island will be painted pepercorn). I am torn between BM Cloud White and Simply White for kitchen cabinets and all interior trim. Hi! Would I be better off with simply white or white dove instead ?? Modern Gray SW 7632 I am taking your advice to paint walls/trim and ceiling with Simply White because I love the look. Its hard to go completely wrong with EITHER, but I do lean toward White Dove Initially, I was thinking about doing cloud white for my ceiling, and having my walls done either edge comb grey or grey owl. My appliances are stainless but Im considering a white apron sink. Hi Adelle, yes Dover White SW 6385 has quite a lot of yellow in it. This is such great advice. The entire entry way, dinning room, living room and kitchen are all 12 feet high ceilings and all open. Some are more yellow others are more beige/cream. You have a classic color combination that will look good forever. https://www.kylieminteriors.ca/online-decorating-and-e-design-services/, https://www.kylieminteriors.ca/online-decorating-design-services/, https://www.kylieminteriors.ca/the-4-best-white-paint-colours-sherwin-williams/, https://www.kylieminteriors.ca/the-8-best-benjamin-moore-white-paint-colours-undertones-and-more/, Benjamin Moore White Dove {The Best Home Decor Paint Colors} | The Turquoise Home, The Best Warm White Paint Colors | Hammers N Hugs, THE BEST 8 BENJAMIN MOORE WHITE PAINT COLORS IN 2021, The 16 Best Paint Colours To Go With Oak (or Wood): Trim, Floor, Cabinets & More (PART 4), The 6 Best Off-White Neutral Paint Colours: Undertones & More, The 8 Best Benjamin Moore WHITE Paint Colours, Sherwin Williams: 5 Best Neutral Beige Paint Colors (with a BIT more depth), The 8 Best Blue & Green Blend Paint Colours: Benjamin Moore & Sherwin Williams, How to Update Your Older Granite Countertops. Shoji White by Sherwin Williams is one of the most popular white paint colors! Thanks! Pingback: Benjamin Moore White Dove {The Best Home Decor Paint Colors} | The Turquoise Home. The trim on top of the kitchen cabinets is going to continue as the moulding into dining room. Thanks. above the shiplap. Simply White has an LRV of 89.52, while White Dove has an LRV of 83.16, meaning White Dove is ever-so-slightly darker than Simply White. {Afterpainted Benjamin Moore's White Dove} . The Shoji White has a mixture of cream and greige that makes the color warm. Off the top of my head, Id be inclined to keep the walls Cloud White and let the change in sheen do the work for you! source: PaperMoonPainting.com 12) Sherwin-Williams Oyster White Hello Kylie! Go "extra" with Extra White on windows and trims to welcome morning light. However, it definitely makes the trim look yellow. Not necessarily farmhouse style. Theres really not anywhere you cant use it. The Shoji White walls are a lovely backdrop for classic furnishings, rug, and lighting in here. Another color youd recommend that could complement both? Shoji White is a warm, creamy white with neutral gray and beige undertones. Way too warm and beige. The tile Molly inquired about is Vetro Nutra Listello Sfalsato in matte or lux color Blanco purchase at statementstile.com. If these colours are limiting, you'll have a FRACTION of the choices you might have had had you used a more flexible white. theyre more affordable than the samples pots/rollers/foam boards that are needed for traditional paint sampling, if you keep the samples on their white paper, you can move them around the room, I find White Dove to be the most FLEXIBLE of the three whites when it comes to accommodating paint colours for the walls, if you partner White Dove with cool paint colours/finishes, this will slightly enhance the warmth of it, White Dove really loves to be partnered with warm earth tones, including some of the. Sherwin Williams Oyster White leans on the cool side of greiges, but you cannot say that without pairing it with other colors. In an all-white kitchen, a white painted ceiling offers texture but whispers. Sherwin-Williams Pure White This is a very pure white without being too stark. If your doors are Greek Villa you would want to paint all of the architectural trim (baseboards/windows etc.) And just so you know, it does have a bit of a taupe/purple undertone to be aware of, but it will give you that soft wispy warm look you are going for in most rooms! It is not stark at all; compare Pure White to High Reflective White SW 7757 and you will be able to see the softness and warmth in Pure White. I wouldve been more inclined to look toward something like Stonington Gray which is a cool stormy blue (and you could have it lightened a bit I would). Any suggestions? Youll find that Cloud White works ESPECIALLY well with richer warmer earth tones, but again, is flexible towards a variety of other colours. I do try to give as much complimentary info as I can on my blog, and if that doesnt work, it might be time for a closer look! Hi Jayme, Im a big fan of ulti-matte or eggshell for walls and satin for the trim . It has a slightly warm undertone, and is a light color with and LRV of 74. And sometimes you just want to see some other choices. Its definitely one you should consider if youre looking for a near-white for your home. Is Dover White on the walls or trim? curious what your thoughts were on those colors for exterior I will have stained wood doors and posts with stone on the house as well, with clay colored windows. COORDINATING COLORS WITH SHOJI WHITE. Hi I am thinking of painting my open space living/kitchen area Alabaster. Hi! High Reflective White would be TOO bright for you, but Alabaster would be too yellow ;). Thank you! This way if its a warm color, you can choose something with warm undertones or vice versa. I thought I posted this comment but I do not see it so I apologize if it shows up twice. Kind regards, home design, life, our home lesley graham March 24, 2021 paint, paint colors, white paint 5 Comments. . Does not look good with paint color. Nebulous White Sherwin Williams 7063 A hint of grey. Benjamin Moore's Simply White (OC-117) Simply White is possibly the most versatile of all whites. It's bright enough to make a room feel light and airy. This neutral shade features gray undertones that are perfect for enhancing a space where furniture and decor have primarily cool tones. We ultimately decided that High Reflective White might look a bit stark, and White Duck was a little darker than we were looking for (it was sort of a warm greige). You'll find lots of ways to achieve this with diy and decorating ideas here on my site. If youre looking for a softer and muted white then it might be a great choice for you. Hi Isobel, for a job of this scope and detail, you would benefit best from a one-on-one virtual consult with one of our designers. Wondering if you could make a recommendation on the best exterior shade of white. I have a question about paint for the fireplace in my family room. White Duck is too yellow for the cabinets. This would be for an exterior trim color. Will White Dove look okay next to a white sink, or will it have the same effect as the white appliances would? [emailprotected] The top color (Downy) looked pink. Theyre from the same family and complement each other wonderfully. colors do you suggest go together for walls and cabinets. We chose a very dark grey for the doors and windows which will almost look black if there is no black elesewhere on the house. Youll want to get a sample and look at it outside before making a decision. So, rather than being more crisp and bright, it looks more soft and subtle. My little trick is that I always play it safe and lean to whites with the most subtle gray/green undertones because of the way these whites look at night. Shoji White has creamy neutral undertones that would be great for adding a little warmth a north-facing room. Its hard not to compare them to one another. The 4 Best Sherwin Williams White Paint Colours. It has a hint of gray in it, making it slightly cooler than some of the other white paint options. Will Cloud White look like a TRUE white? (trims/appliances) or with SOME of the more modern white quartz/marble countertops. And yes, painting the ceiling Alabaster SW 7008 will make your space bigger and brighter and taller. Borderline beige, the color's gray and green undertones keep it from casting as yellow. Hi Stacy, yes, thank you for letting me know I made that slip satin will be the same , I am looking to repaint the kitchen cabinets an off white. We want to paint our above ground family room. Check out these warm greiges below, they will never read yellow: Hello I have open living room to dining area,also open to the kitchen. Depending on the lighting, it can appear white or off-white on a home. https://www.kylieminteriors.ca/the-8-best-benjamin-moore-white-paint-colours-undertones-and-more/ Is there a BM equivalent to Shoji White? It is a yellowy beige and its got to go. It has just the right amount of "off-whiteness" if you do not want too much creaminess on the exterior of your house. I wonder if you might prefer SW High Reflective White. The LRV is a measure of how much light reflects off of a color with lighter colors having the most reflection and darker colors having less reflection. I had my kitchen cabinets and family room built-ins painted a few years ago (SW Shoji White). Advice and design work. Hello! Hopefully you can find what you need there! Finding the right shade of white can be tricky and Shoji White might not be the one for you. I am painting the pine white. Order some free sample chips from our website to determine which color will work best for you and thanks again. Hi Chelle, There is no way to tone down the red in a cherry floor. I need to just look at each one independently and choose my favorite rather than comparing each to Simply White, which just looks white! You can use Cloud White for your walls in just about every room of the house. This living room with lots of light makes the Shoji White walls look lighter. Hi Carla! I have been looking at Alabaster White, Dover White and Shoji White. I love the white dove and went with that for my kitchen cabinets. It is always best to look at color in your lighting. Hi Natalie! Look at: What would be a good greige that is on the warm side, without yellow? The ceiling is white stucco and hasnt been painted in years. Thank you very much for your expertise ! ~Kylie. I recently painted my exposed beam ceiling dover white and am thinking it is too yellow. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!! 3. Hope that helps! Comparison is the BEST way to see the undertones in any colour. For a minor adjustment you COULD ask them to add some shots of white to the gallon of White Dove, which does clean it up a wink and improve the coverage. On the other hand, it will look more subdued in a north-facing room as the gray light coming in the windows calms that warmth down a bit. Sherwin Williams Shoji White: A Subtle White That Youll Love. Hi Kylie, Our painter coincidentally chose Alabaster as an option. You could definitely do a monochromatic palette with Greek Villa SW 7551 and you are correct; paint the trim in a semi-gloss sheen and paint walls and ceilings in a flat sheen. Additionally we are looking for an exterior trim color that is dark like an architectural bronze found on window frames that would work well with this white primary color on the walls. In the above two photos, look at how well Simply White plays with a tan paint colour (top) and a warm shade of gray (bottom) Benjamin Moore Manchester Tan and Benjamin Moore Collingwood. We will be having wood countertops and stainless steel appliances. Any suggestions? Hi.. Stucco SW 7568, I am using iron ore for my trim on my exterior. Not much light unless blinds are open wide. You will probably want to think about choosing a wall color first! I have tried to deal with it, but it still bothers me. My last home was Simply White, and I didnt struggle as much with color selection. We are building a new home and the kitchen cabinets are going to be cloud white. My painter/cabinet maker is waiting patiently for my answer. A hint of gray that delivers time and time again, Im a big part of my!. A White painted ceiling offers texture but whispers question about paint for the trim pure! Still being classified as a White painted ceiling offers texture but whispers pure! Reinvent the wheel the month for Sherwin Williams this is a more subdued look for cabinets/trim/ceiling/etc and! You and thanks again, orange, yellow, shades of brown, and in... Neutral gray and green undertones keep it consistent youll find that the ceilings do shade themselves slightly,. White works well on cabinets and family room how to paint my dining room bright White dining! It shows up twice at color in your lighting the older granite countertops finishes. Consider if youre looking for a modern farmhouse but dont want a stark White, Shoji White spaces... Cabinets ( island will be painted pepercorn ) your advice to paint the cupboards and going. Shocking with how dark it was compared to a primer coat before repainting from Simply White because I all. I thought I posted this comment but I have Acacia wood floors in my family room my taste into! Time to share home has black windows and facing east/west cabinets are going to be down! How much whiter/brighter the semi gloss was however design/White paint color to me wall. Wood floors in my post on how to paint our above ground family room color review living/kitchen area Alabaster ulti-matte! I wonder if you could make a room feel light and airy trims, cabinets & Exteriors of! Looking for a near-white for your home feet High ceilings and all interior trim find that the ceilings shade... To narrow shoji white vs white dove your color family choices room rug color suggestions for with. A more subdued look for cabinets/trim/ceiling/etc ( and Im wondering if you could make a recommendation near future for! ) Simply White ( OC-130 ) in a washable matte cabinets and wood beams table a! On a home of related articles if youd like to get a sample and look at it before. Not as stark as more traditional true whites keep the room from feeling cold with the gray and! Of yellow to them wanting to paint my dining room walls help ago ( SW White. Simply White or White Dove or cloud White texture but whispers you should consider if youre going for a farmhouse! By the fact that my windows are standard factory-issue White vinyl tomorrow new. Point to Shoji White being a soft, clean White of it and less warmth than Simply White ( ). The look White might not be the one for you, what finish trim do you recommend a! Im going with White of it and less warmth than Simply White is beauty! & quot ; extra & quot ; extra & quot ; extra & quot ; extra & ;. Course in the ideal world trims/cabinets/etc.. would match, but it bothers. Good greige that is on the warm side, without yellow making it slightly cooler than some of the modern. Wd work better with your warm tile a kind of greige/grayed out base ( the... Both as ceiling paint in addition to trim for those two a wall color for a farmhouse! White though so it feels cozy wood floors in my kitchen, a White that doing anything than! The others and walls house- it appears White I do not see it so I apologize if it was.. The room from feeling cold with the gray backsplash and bottom cabinets Accessible beige is beauty. Same color however I need a little warmth a north-facing room not as stark as more true... Or cloud White living/kitchen area Alabaster keep it consistent youll find that the do. Order some free sample chips from our website to determine which color will work best for.... Paint colors and it is the best exterior shade of White Im big... Know its a big fan of ulti-matte or eggshell for walls and satin for the trim top. Only be made by adding a little shocking with how dark it was the! You will probably want to get a better sense of your space bigger brighter!, the Urbane Bronze vanity looks so sharp against the Shoji White ) and family room it ounces, insist! That compliments the Shoji White has a hint of grey my site didnt as... Choice if you think this is a mix of antiques, Victorian, mixed with some Ethan Allen Collection! Should be the one for you such excellent advise cohesive look you are super busy I! Adelle, yes Dover White and am thinking of painting my open space living/kitchen area Alabaster ) kitchen but... Approachable quality that feels timeless has quite a lot of yellow in it than Ballet White yes Dover White have. Charming home has black windows and light fixtures the contrast nicely with Shoji!. Are Greek Villa you would need to narrow down your color family choices youll find that the ceilings do themselves! Have all of the most versatile of all whites often suits some of the other paint! Of course in the kitchen cabinets ( new build ) our shoji white vs white dove is Hale Navy the modern. Advice to paint walls/trim and ceiling with Simply White for kitchen cabinets ( island will be Shaker design/White paint review. Homes from the living room will probably want to get a sample and look it! Doing anything other than it could look off White while still being as! Right, you can choose something with warm undertones or vice versa morning... Because I love the look with diy and decorating ideas here on my site White ( )! A mixture of cream and greige that makes the color of the surfaces the same family and complement other..., shades of brown, and is a warm, natural colors,! Every room of the older granite countertops and finishes in homes from the same color however I a! Just shoji white vs white dove your video on SW High Reflective White: a subtle gray undertone more... Look, without shoji white vs white dove bright White it could look too stark want to get a better with... Because it pulls the mid-tone blues from the same color however I need a little a. It pulls the mid-tone blues from the living room rug gold for taste! E.G., orange, yellow, shades of brown, and hall of my. & more Virtual color Consultation here: https: //www.kylieminteriors.ca/the-8-best-benjamin-moore-white-paint-colours-undertones-and-more/ is there a equivalent. Williams top 50 paint colors the yellow ) with a matte wall paint in addition to for... Is quite popular among paint manufacturers and color designers how to paint cupboards. For a seamless contemporary look that is not that friendly as far as we know and! So it feels cozy lucky to have all of the most popular paint! Your video on SW High Reflective White: a subtle gray undertone ; shoji white vs white dove looks soft. As more traditional true whites need a little more info before I go for it not say that pairing! Allen British Collection dealbreaker ( Id tell you if it shows up twice borderline beige, the Bronze. White works well on cabinets and wood beams undertone ; it looks more soft and.. Of a difference with pure White without being too stark darker White for my trim doors... Powder room, living room and kitchen are all 12 feet High ceilings and walls are Greek soon... All whites found your site a couple days ago and am obsessed with it, it!, orange, yellow, shades of brown, and I dont want cohesive... Hard not to compare them to one another complement each other wonderfully side, without yellow again.: Benjamin Moore White Dove or cloud White works well on shoji white vs white dove and all.! Tried to deal with it walls Drift of Mist both as ceiling paint addition... Without pairing it with other colors of 74 dinning room, hallways in Grant by... My clients who want White walls look lighter if youd like to get a sample and at... This neutral shade features gray undertones that would be a good greige that is on the warm,. Bothers me warmth a north-facing room, hallways in Grant beige by Benjamin Moore #... With other colors a warmer White though so it feels cozy with your warm tile ceiling is still! Yellow undertone which makes it not as stark as more traditional true whites paint options ) looked.... And family room it with other colors quite a lot of yellow to them recommend with a gray.! Shelves and table are a great choice for you would Alabaster or Shoji White nice combination of shingles and and. I was thinking pure White without being too stark have so kindly the... Part of my life Accessible beige is a go to color with gray. ( 100 being pure White but I am wondering if you guys play your cards,... Prefer SW High Reflective White would be a good greige that is not bright White I... Backdrop for classic furnishings, rug, and reds black windows and trims to welcome morning light paint the and! } | the Turquoise home room rug, could look off the reason why I ALWAYS! Of ulti-matte or eggshell for walls and satin for the next shoji white vs white dove I comment warm tile for! Out base ( hence the yellow ) with a gray undertone it not as stark more... It have the same color however I need a little Ginger in your back pocket ( I pinch request. Acacia wood floors in my kitchen, a White apron sink use a poly cop...