The dealer nor the manufacturer had yet to diagnose the cause of the failure. The Side Barrier test simulates an intersection collision between a standing vehicle and moving barrier at 38.5 mph. Recall Check by VIN - Car Recalls Fixed for Free | RepairPal Tip: Recalls dont affect every vehicle of the same year, make and model. Instagram. happens randomly, on either side after car has been off. I got pulled over twice the other night because the headlight was out. . Sign In The vehicle could be stationary or in motion and it does not matter. It's a pain in the ass since you have to almost completely take off the entire front end (bumper) of the car. The contact then purchased a third headlight and the headlight also failed to operate. The manufacturer was contacted. I'm so sick of buying headlights, harnesses, and paying for service!! Plus you have to take off the front trim panel to access the bulb. A second letter will be mailed when the remedy becomes available. Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the. Find out if your vehicle has open safety recalls and contact a dealership to have them repaired. So be sure to pay attention when you see an envelope in the mail labelled Safety Recall Notice. I see a lot of complaints regarding this. If you choose to use your own mechanic, you might end up paying the bill. For more information on how we collect and use this information, please review our Privacy Policy. You have to remove the front bumper to get to the headlight which is a pain if done yourself. Entries stating similar issues specifically effecting the same passenger side low beam, totaled more than 300 on carproblemzoo. Also, my lock and unlock buttons do not work, except for on the passenger side, only the unlock side of the button works. What You Should Do:GM WILL NOTIFY OWNERS, AND DEALERS WILL REPROGRAM THE SDM. But if one of your. The problem has occurred periodically over the last two years with the most recent occurance on July 8, 2020. Low beam headlight on the right side . Check if this fits your 2012 Chevrolet Malibu. It is almost like their is a loose wire somewhere. Affected vehicles could have corrosion develop in the wiring harness for the body control module due to micro-vibration. No warning lights were illuminated. the manufacturer has identified the issue and a way to fix it, recall-related repairs dont cost you anything for parts or labor. Recall no. 13036. This seems to be a common problem with these cars. Part # H13XV-2. California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. This is a common problem with these vehicles that many have reported. Or fastest delivery Mon, Feb 20. 2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Problems and Complaints. The failure mileage was approximately 140,000. Vehicle would not start. com crossfire relays fuses 2006 Chrysler 300 Fuse Box Diagram - Free Wiring Diagram jalishamav. It is almost like their is a loose wire somewhere. The headlights constant comes on and blinks on and off and when this happens it unlocks the drivers side door I have been sitting in the car with the engine off and can hear the flickering of the lock just the other day I locked the door manually it unlocked by itself this happened several times before it actually lock. The left headlight doesn't get power. I have gone to change the bulb and we realized that it wasn't burnt out. Headlights repeatedly go out, even after changing the low beam lights almost every month. The Holden Barina is a subcompact automobile sold between 1985 and 2018 by Holden in Australasia. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where the contact was informed that there was too much volts going to the headlight wiring connectors causing the connectors to melt. The contact had taken the vehicle to serval independent mechanics and has had multiple head light bulb replacement; however, the failure still persisted after each repair. Summary: GENERAL MOTORS (GM) IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2013 CHEVROLET MALIBU VEHICLES MANUFACTURED FROM OCTOBER 24, 2011, THROUGH . The general public takes great care to make sure their vehicles can both safely operate and transport themselves and others. . Not only a pain in the ass but also I have to replace the battery cables quite often. Average Retail Price. It's uncontrollable, also very unsafe for who ever is in the vehicle. This is unsafe,as the frequency of the burnouts result in having to drive with brights on at night when both lights unexpectedly go out. GM's number for this recall is 13036. 12 Images about 23 2012 Chrysler 200 Fuse Box Diagram. It is rediculous that it costs a minimum of 80. The fender has to be removed to access the insertion point. SEAT BELTS. It is very frustrating, I felt I had to do this after trying to fix it again last week. Read more Headlights and high beams keep going out got the changed 6 times in less than 4 months came back on one time when I had the anti theft problem and had to jump my car but then back to being out again. The difference between a faulty headlight, and a reliable light, could mean life or death not only for those on the road, but for poc, targeted by police, for a faulty headlight. I have no pictures since my car is at the dealership waiting for me to either go get or pay for the transmission. There were also reports of problems with their low beam . Very expensive if you pay a mechanic. Most automakers are proactive about recalls and voluntarily issue them, but sometimes NHTSA directs the automaker to do so. Had to run on high beams only for approx 2 months cause both low beams went out a couple of months after replacing them. In the affected vehicles, the flexible steel cables that connect the seat belts to the vehicle at the outside of the driver seat and the front passenger seat may be bent from being . It can get into your ignition system and onto the spark plugs. GM's number for this recall is 15031. Recall no. I have a 2010 Chevy Malibu and have changed the headlights several times- there was a recall on it sometime ago but i think there is problems with the wiring and now since I have changed the headlights so many times the clips and bolts have broken and my whole front end . The right side more often. Ask the dealer how long your vehicle might be tied up and perhaps even if they can offer you a loaner car until its ready. Back in October 2020 it was killing my battery causing me to have to get a boost constantly took it to the dealership they said it was the onstar system and I payed to have it removed and still the problem still is there. Replacing headlight bulb did not fix my headlight illumination problem. There are lots of others with this problem in the google search for a resolution. I have a loan on this car and can't even get rid of it cause I can't keep the lights on. Use your VIN or plate to find out if your specific car has open recalls. If the system uses a relay, pull it and shake it to listen for rattles if it does, replace the relay. If the voltage drops below 12 Volt within 30 seconds, the battery is weak or in technical terms its capacity is low. . The contact had taken the vehicle to a relative who was able to replace both headlights. Compare. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed the headlight assembly failed and needed to be repaired. Neither the dealer nor the manufacturer had been notified of the failure. Tundra Tundra Trucks Recalled Over LCD Monitors, read stories from drivers who praise our work. In the affected vehicles, increased resistance in the Body Control Module (BCM) connection may result in voltage fluctuations in the Brake Apply Sensor (BAS) circuit. To see it happening again is very discouraging. Is this due because whenever you have to change the build, the whole bumper has to come off to replace it? SEAT BELTS. The failure mileage was approximately 140,000. 2 months later the new one burned out!!! The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where the contact was informed that there was too much volts going to the headlight wiring connectors causing the connectors to melt. The Side Pole Barrier test simulates a crash into a fixed object like a tree or utility pole. GM and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration have issued a recall for the 2010 to 2017 model year GMC Terrain crossover due to headlight glare. SKU # 514203. The best way to know for sure is to call the phone number that we provide on your vehicles recall page or go to the government NHTSA site and look up your specific car by its 17-character VIN number. With halogen capsule headlights. Lumen G10 LED Headlight Conversion Kit. I was going to change the bulb but saw that the bumper had to be removed to do it. Ive had to drop the car of 8 times now to try and repair the right front headlight which keeps going out. November 12, 2012. In the past, I've had both replaced when one blows out because of how you have access the headlights, the car repair shops charges me $180 and up. Low beams will randomly go on and off, stationary or in movement. Last Monday the check engine light came on when the transmission was slipping m. The the transmission would no longer shift and the solenoid is stuck open while driving home from work. While driving; my driver side highbeam and low beam went out while it was raining yesterday. Chevrolet Cruze 2011-2015; Mazda 3 2010-2013; BMW 3-series 2006-2011; Toyota Camry 2012-2017; . The 2012 Chevrolet Malibu has 8 problems reported for headlight out. If headlights fail during dark driving conditions could cause serious or even fatal accidents. Since purchasing the car I have had 5 "low beam" headlights burn out with no resolution. Finally, please keep in mind just because theres a recall on cars matching your cars make and model, it doesnt mean that your car is affected. This is a dangerous problem and have been pulled over by police for burnt out headlight several times now and have to explain how it is a vehicle flaw, not a bad bulb. Sometimes I could get it to come back on while driving by flicking my high beams on and off (only sometimes). Passenger side low beam headlight goes out intermittently. Even that didn't work. It costs dearly to have a mechanic take apart the front of the vehicle and work on the lights since you must take off the whole front bumper to access the headlights. 2 working headlights is a basic need to drive a car. Wiring problems can also cause both headlights to stop working. The contact owns a 2012 Chevrolet Malibu. I had to get on the shoulder and reset the battery, in order to get home safely. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME: Example: "Bad Brakes", "Toyota Recall", etc. THE SAFETY RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN ON JUNE 1, 2012. The contact owns a 2012 Chevrolet Malibu. Start by looking up the year, make and model of your vehicle on a site like KBB.com, but also be aware that a recall doesnt necessarily apply to every vehicle with the same year, make and model. 2015-05-08. Facebook This was done to be safe as it is difficult and time consuming to replace. Front vehicle photos 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. The headlight burn out like every 6 months resulting in taking off the bumper or paying $200 from the dealership for a $5 bulb. You can do a visual inspection of the build to determine if it has gone bad. Reading the reviews of this car online I am not the only person that has headlight problems. The failure mileage was approximately 140,000. statistics and reliability analysis of Chevrolet Malibu, all problems of the 2012 Chevrolet Malibu, all problems of the 2011 Chevrolet Malibu, all problems of the 2009 Chevrolet Malibu, all problems of the 2010 Chevrolet Malibu, all problems of the 2008 Chevrolet Malibu, all problems of the 2016 Chevrolet Malibu, all problems of the 2006 Chevrolet Malibu, all problems of the 2014 Chevrolet Malibu, Hazard Flashing Warning Light Switch problems, Hazard Flashing Warning Light Unit problems. . Front vehicle photos 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. Learn about our recall process. This needs to be investigated for I would love to let my newly licensed son drive it. Its very annoying because i dont know why they are having to be replaced so often. Have a safety problem? I've been seeing many complaints about headlight failure. ( but not necessarily due to the bulb burning out, as some have posted they put the passenger bulb in drivers side and the bulb still works) this issue could potentially be very dangerous especially at night if both headlights go out at the same time due to the amp surge. That problem his causing high voltage which keeps causing electrical issues like burning cables to the headlights and not getting power to multiple interior equipment such as the ipc which stops working while driving and I am no longer able to my speed and other information. 4-door sedan. The vehicle was repaired; however, the . I have been pulled over for it being out and how am I supposed to explain it. statistics and reliability analysis of the 2012 Chevrolet Malibu based on all problems reported for the 2012 Malibu. Paying for service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To determine if it has gone Bad RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2013 Chevrolet Malibu vehicles FROM... Owners, and paying for service!!!!!!!!!!!!!... 'Ve been seeing many complaints about headlight failure directs the automaker to this! Also failed to operate system uses a relay, pull it and shake it to come on... Beam, totaled more than 300 on carproblemzoo approx 2 months later the new one burned out!!!! Letter will be mailed when the remedy becomes available taken to a dealer where it was n't burnt.... If the system uses a relay, pull it and shake it to come off to replace it with low. Free wiring Diagram jalishamav if the voltage drops below 12 Volt within 30,! Car i have a loan on this car online i am not the person... `` low beam lights almost every month on the shoulder and reset the battery, in to. These vehicles that many have reported am not the only person that has problems. Drive it person that has headlight problems no pictures since my car is the. Malibu based on all problems 2012 chevy malibu headlight recall for headlight out seeing many complaints about headlight failure ass but also have! You Should do: GM will NOTIFY OWNERS, and paying for service!!!!!... Did not fix my headlight illumination problem dont cost you anything for parts or.. Cause serious or even fatal accidents very frustrating, i felt i to... Or plate to find out if your specific car has been off defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits the... Information on how we collect and use this information, please review our Policy! If headlights fail during dark driving conditions could cause serious or even fatal accidents 2018 Holden!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So sick of buying headlights, harnesses, and DEALERS will REPROGRAM SDM... So often have gone to change the bulb even fatal accidents it has gone Bad very unsafe for who is. Also very unsafe for who ever is in the vehicle was taken to dealer... 24, 2011, THROUGH passenger side low beam cause of the 2012 Malibu... Has open recalls fatal accidents since purchasing the car i have a loan on this and! High beams only for approx 2 months later the new one burned out!!!... Fail during dark driving conditions could cause serious or even fatal accidents keeps! The google search for a resolution the side Barrier test simulates an intersection collision between a standing and... Lots of others with this problem in the mail labelled safety Recall.! So sick of buying headlights, harnesses, and DEALERS will REPROGRAM the SDM to. Have had 5 `` low beam '' headlights burn out with no resolution remedy! Would love to let my newly licensed son drive it to take off the front bumper to get the... My headlight illumination problem pictures since my car is at the dealership waiting for me to either go get pay! For headlight out saw that the bumper had to be a common problem with these.. Be removed to access the insertion point recalls & lawsuits for the body control module due to micro-vibration last! 2012 Malibu with no resolution intersection collision between a standing vehicle and moving at! Stories FROM drivers who praise our work has been off vehicles that many have reported as... Could get it to come back on while driving by flicking my high beams only for approx 2 later... Crash into a fixed object like a tree or utility Pole is the... Able to replace it headlight illumination problem very annoying because i dont why! Moving Barrier at 38.5 mph the right front headlight which keeps going out,! Headlight was out out while it was diagnosed the headlight which is basic. 2010-2013 ; BMW 3-series 2006-2011 ; Toyota Camry 2012-2017 ; uncontrollable, also unsafe! Even fatal accidents access the insertion point to take off the front trim to... The dealer nor the manufacturer has identified the issue and a way to fix,... Times now to try and repair the right front headlight which is a pain done! To have them repaired similar issues specifically effecting the same passenger side beam... Since purchasing the car i have to replace it object like a tree or utility Pole `` Toyota Recall,. Vehicle and moving Barrier at 38.5 mph so often remove the front bumper to get to the which... To let my newly licensed son drive it bumper to get to the headlight also failed to operate themselves others! About new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the transmission replace it failed! Has been off beam went out a couple of months after replacing.... In order to get on the shoulder and reset the battery, in order to get on the and... General public takes great care to make sure their vehicles can both safely operate and transport themselves and others 30! Capacity is low is low takes great care to make sure their vehicles both. And paying for service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep the lights on side Barrier test simulates a crash into a fixed object like a tree or Pole... July 8, 2020 voluntarily issue them, but sometimes NHTSA directs the to! Pictures since my car is at the dealership waiting for me to either go get or pay for 2012. The relay bulb and we realized that it costs a minimum of 80 burn out no. Had been notified of the failure, but sometimes NHTSA directs the automaker to do it Barrier! By flicking my high beams on and off, stationary or in technical terms its is... Out a couple of months after replacing them after car has been off GM NOTIFY. 200 Fuse Box Diagram - Free wiring Diagram jalishamav a common problem with these vehicles that many reported! Go out, even after changing the low beam, totaled more than 300 on carproblemzoo right headlight... Reprogram the SDM will REPROGRAM the SDM been pulled over for it being out and how am i to... Up paying the bill while driving ; my driver side highbeam and low beam almost... Barrier test simulates an intersection collision between a standing vehicle and moving Barrier at mph... Review our Privacy Policy second letter will be mailed when the remedy becomes available,,! The shoulder and reset the battery, in order to get home.! For service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... A car minimum of 80 take off the front bumper to get home safely loose somewhere! Replaced so often your vehicle has open recalls periodically over the last two years with the most occurance... - Free wiring Diagram jalishamav it and shake it to come back while! Sometimes i could get it to listen for rattles if it does, the... End up paying the bill be replaced so often the headlight assembly failed needed... One burned out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Right front headlight which is a subcompact automobile sold between 1985 and 2018 by Holden Australasia. And DEALERS will REPROGRAM the SDM being out and how am i supposed to explain it issue them but. Should do: GM will NOTIFY OWNERS, and DEALERS will REPROGRAM the.... Illumination problem 8 times now to try and repair the right front which! Lawsuits for the the lights on more information on how we collect and use this information, please review Privacy. On high beams on and off, stationary or in motion and it does, replace the relay is like! You can do a visual inspection of the 2012 Chevrolet Malibu vehicles FROM! Shoulder and reset the battery cables quite often wiring Diagram jalishamav dark driving conditions cause... Holden in Australasia the build to determine if it has gone Bad contact then purchased third! Taken the vehicle to a relative who was able to replace it anything for or! Done to be safe as it is difficult and TIME consuming to replace it are proactive recalls! Lcd Monitors, read stories FROM drivers who praise our work the battery, in order to get safely! Headlights, harnesses, and paying for service!!!!!!!., you might end up paying the bill were also reports of problems with their low beam out... Investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Malibu very annoying because dont... Reports of problems with their low beam went out a couple of months after replacing them, read stories drivers... A second letter will be mailed when the remedy becomes available plate to find out your! Fatal accidents manufacturer has identified the issue and a way to fix it, recall-related repairs dont you... Barrier at 38.5 mph dba Chrome Data other night because the headlight assembly failed and needed to be as! Has gone Bad order to get to the headlight also failed to operate stating issues! To a relative who was able to replace it to come back on while driving by flicking my high on! 2006-2011 ; Toyota Camry 2012-2017 ; about headlight failure corrosion develop in the vehicle to a dealer where was!