If you have found any PD rounds which feed and chamber reliably in your Beretta, I would be glad to learn of them. All of the controls work as they are supposed to. Maybe that is because I shoot Ruger single action revolvers, various double action revolvers, the Glock, my 1911, various .22 target pistols, and I need to adjust to each one more or less to get the best performance and enjoyment out of them. The idea of 20 rounds seems quite attractive, but the 7 1/2 lb trigger is a definite turn off. Honesty, for the quality of the gun and the case full of goodies Springfield throws in, you cant get a better deal. Im sure youre not the only one who has inadvertently lock a slide back by hitting the slide release. Jul 17, 2021. After purchasing the pistol it didnt take long to realize that I had made the best choice. Bottom of the Dot on front post on target (post covers whole target @ 100 yd.) I bought a Springfield XDm in .45 from LGS about 9 weeks ago. However my factory Glock barrel (still have it) cycles fine the Underwood 200gr slug bear load. Here is the before pic. I had the emblem fall off my one DE within the first fifty rounds. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Throw in the right ammo (designed to penetrate car door steel and windshields at an angle) and I have my favorite truck pistol. Its good to hear the truth not every gun works in every hand. Mine came with the small backstrap, and it fits my hand nicely. To sweeten the pot, SA throws in three magazines, a cleaning brush, a loading tool, three exchangeable backstraps, a gun lock, an over-the-waistband paddle holster, and a magazine holster for those two extra mags. I have the Glock-20, love it. Compact yet powerful, the pistol packs in 11+1 rounds of the powerful 10mm and features fully ambidextrous controls, the excellent META trigger and much more. Throw it in a ransom rest or another similar jig, and this gun is going to spit bullets hot, cold, dry, or wet. The Dragonflys housing is made from 6061-T6 Hardcoat anodized aluminum and comes with anti-glare lenses and simple They are hammer fired, awesome trigger, safe as heck with the DA first pull, fit in your hand like a glove and accurate and controllable as any pistol out there if not more. The 10mm cartridge has evolved since the first ones appeared. Take your rucks off, lads. After about 50 rounds of hornady critical defense (factory ammo) I had an odd round that made my whole hand sting. This is not at all uncommon in 1911s. The trigger on my xdm has been replaced, its probably down to 2-2.5 lbs. The only issue I had was with the dragon fly red dot. I have other more accurate pistols and some that have better features. I also have small hands, but am a lefty and release it with my index finger for fast mag changes. Im a little late to the party here but I have 2 cents to toss in. Optic cut, suppressor sights, 4.5" slide with a 5.3" threaded barrel. Inside the soft pistol case is where youll find the handgun itself and a magazine. With fifteen rounds in the magazine, one in the chamber, and fifteen more on each reload, the XD-M in 10mm is going to be handy when trouble arrives. As you can clearly see in the picture, the XD(m) is coated in a liberal amount of stipling and grip serrations on both the frame and the slide. To prove the quality and reliability of the new XD-M 10mm, 10,000 rounds of Federal Premium Hydra-Shok ammunition was fired through the gun with EVERY round documented on video. In fact, it beats the feel of the Glock grip hands down. The new CZ P series trumps them all. http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/Beretta81L.jpg Accuracy is outstanding and its so comfortable in your hand. While I enjoyed shooting it, I remember thinking how nice it would be to have a full-size grip and a longer barrel/slide combo to help absorb some of the recoil. They may be a little bit on the pricey side, but lets face it, you get what you pay for. Gun Made participates in the Amazon Services LLC Disassembly and cleaning is an easy affair and can be done without pulling the trigger like some of the Austrian pistols on the market. Granted, even an XD is minute-of-bad-guy accurate at 25 yards, but my groups were much tighter. I put Talon Pro grip tape and Ameriglo night sights on my 4.5; just a preference of mine. Havent compared yet. Speaking of things that shot my confidence all to hell while using this gun, a brief note on the slide lock. I was obviously very surprised but kept on shooting. Those of us*who've had a brand new Glock blow up in their hand due to unsupported chamber don't think much of them. FACTORY Gen 3 gun. Did a full slide disassembly and found that the striker needed to be replaced (after replacing the broken striker retainer pin) and so I've got one in the mail. Still, the loaded 659 and spare mag(s) really are rather a load, so I favor the Walther and Browning for carry and use the S&W in a belt holster to accompany a Keltec Sub2K with which it shares magazines. The XD-M 10mm www.thearmorylife.com Jan 6, 2022 #6 Not my video. It will never shoot as accurate as my Sig P-220 but not many pistols will. WebXDM Elite 10mm 3.8" FAILURE! Personally, I want to drive my handguns when I shoot, not hang on for the ride. Spend the same amount of cash on your XDM, to include one of the above-mentioned trigger jobs, after market sights, and/or a mini-RDS dovetail and sight, and youd have a comparable gun. Thanks for listening! 9 MM 10 MM .45 ACP. Back then, the starting point was the Norma load, with a 200-grain bullet at a book velocity of 1,200 fps. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. When using the rear sights, it feels really good when you reset for another shot. Im sure Springfield will either fix or replace it for you. Coming from someone who loves to modify their guns, this one left me not wanting to do much of anything to it. and I have M&Ps, Glocks, XDMs, FNX, etc. Being 6-3 and north of 300 pounds, allows me to carry either my summer gun (Glock 17) or my winter gun (1911-A1) without them printing. Is It? Speaking of grips, keen eyed observers will notice that the XD(m) sports a rather large grip safety. Thats still very good accuracy, but the 3.8 always delighted me by chewing up the black dot time after time with its smooth almost double action style pull. JavaScript is disabled. Hopefully they figure it out soon (I'm in WA state, so I'm kind of on a timer if I want to get it with the extended grip magazine). As long as you practice basic firearm safety, having the additional indicators and grip safety wind up making this a rather safe gun for most shooters to use. Although the body of the magazines are metal, they have polymer base plates and polymer followers. I cant really fault a gunmaker for my stupid grip, but I can fault them for not shaving down the slide lock a bit more, something I would do had I chosen to add the 4.5 to the fleet. I agree that the XDM doesnt do much that the basic XD wouldnt, except look a bit cooler and cost more. FEATURES. I bought new a Springfield XDM 10mm. I was digging it. If you have achieved operator status, sleep well at night on the pointy end of the spear knowing that you can still get a firm grip on your gun with your hands covered in blood, mud, and grease. Gun Review: Taurus GX4XL T.O.R.O. After a long awaited range session with my new xdm 10mm, the pistol failed in less than 60 rounds. Hold each, see which feels better, lines up better in your hand. Jul 17, 2021. YMMV, +1 for prp. Take your rucks off, lads. It has a nice crisp break and the reset is defined. Im in love with this piece and Im certainly going to be getting the compact version soon. No work was done to the pistol, outside of a recoil spring change and oil at 2,000 round intervals. Man, if you like G17, you will love the P09. Optic cut, suppressor sights, 4.5" slide with a 5.3" threaded barrel. As for the slide lock, its you. Whereas a GLOCK feels like a brick that shoots bullets, the XD(m) feels like it belongs in my hands. It carries 15 rounds in the mag so the grip is bigger than a 1911 but it is not at all awkward. They replaced the trigger. When squeezing the trigger, it becomes increasingly easier to fire off follow up shots. For the rest of us, its a grippy affair, nuff said. I have always only acquired handguns with a substantial enough grip to fill my hand without any dangling fingers or palm. Springfieldor HSapparently doesn't know how to make extractors. *. Get your hands on one if you havent. They stare back, hollow eyed. So, while I havent put as many rounds through it as I would if it was say, a 9mm or .22LR, Ive still managed to put 260 flawless rounds through it in the last few months. Maybe youre clearing a building and need a free hand to open a door, or maybe youre reloading and dont want to lose sight of your target. I wonder if some part of the match trigger can't quite take 10mm recoil. When squeezing the trigger, it becomes increasingly easier to fire off follow up shots. After the first 2 magazines I noticed this little wire protruding from the loaded chamber indicator. I have found different brands that it shoots with better accuracy. Some people have complained the trigger is the only part of the XD(M) that isnt competition ready, but SA counters that most people like to customize their triggers, so really it just comes down to preference. The 3.5-MOA red dot Dragonfly is the larger of Springfields two red dot optics and is perfectly proportioned for full-size handguns. Give Springfield another chance here's a quick way you can contact them. CZ is where its at, hands down. With the small backstrap, these are perfect. Hold each, see which feels better, lines up better in your hand. Question of the Day: Where Do You Stow Your Carry Gun? I know many departments and agencies are approving the XD platform for personal carry- Springfield hasnt done the aggressive pricing cuts like Glock and SW have done so its only rarely the official issued duty weapon. I didnt see anything wrong with the pistol and reassembled. Caliber: 10mm. I pulled it out and I realized it was the spring that keeps tension on the indicator. Its frame is black polymer with three interchangeable backstraps. Sort of surprised that almost everyone is laying this at Springfield's feet rather than Hornady. In September of 2021, Springfield Armory released the XD-M Elite in 10mm, which featured a 3.8 barrel. Due to the way I had the rifle slung, my pistol and my rifle spent all The larger carry is a Browning BDA, also 917, which bears a PB logo on the right side of the slide just below and forward of the ejection port, and is a Model 84BB with a closed slide and a slide mounted decocker produced for Browning about 1980-2000. It was a quirk developed by bad dry fire practice. The slide is forged carbon steel with a Melonite finish, which is tough stuff. Once again, the superb mechanics and sleek construction of this gun have bumped the XD(M) up the ranks of quality handguns. The slide is forged carbon steel with a Melonite finish, which is tough stuff. NOT EVEN swelled cases. For lack of a better term, the XD(m) is just a big gun. The XD(m) slide lock is a fairly aggressive little tab of metal which makes it great for releasing the slide one handed (which I dont do), but struck me as particularly cumbersome due to the funk Ive developed in my support hand grip. I would think they are set up almost identically? A larger, heavier gun makes recoil more manageable, and lets face it: with so many different caliber options for concealed carry in urban environments, the 10mm better fits open carry for wilderness situations. No work was done to the pistol, outside of a recoil spring change and oil at 2,000 round intervals. In case the stock ergos dont work for you, the XD(m) ships with three replaceable backstraps so that you can fit the gun to your paw. If you opt for the model that comes with the Hex Dragonfly optic, it will also be nestled inside of the pistol case. This does not affect the The XD-M 10mm www.thearmorylife.com Jan 6, 2022 #6 I always buy a box of factory ammo with new guns just in case. Height: 5.75. Anyway I'll ship it off to Springfield, they will fix it and I'll be stuck with a pistol I don't trust. From a value perspective, it will be hard to beat the XD-M Elite 4.5 10mm. The serrated slide is easy to grasp and the contoured frame allows for a comfortable, secure hold. It also would have been nice to have taller sights, so you could use them in tandem with the red dot. I used to have similar issues with support hands and slide locks. I chose the XD over the GLOCK because the XD has a familiar (for those of us who regularly shoot the 1911) grip safety, and because the XD mags load notably more easily than the GLOCK mags, especially when nearing full capacity. is a looker. Hearty agreement on the PRP! The only issue Ive heard of in xdm is the top roll pin breaking when you dry fire. I have no doubt that in the same ransom rest, this thing would continue to stack bullets one atop the other. Started by Graybeard. Due to the way I had the rifle slung, my pistol and my rifle spent all 638002130469186470, Springfield Armory XD-M Elite 4.5 OSP 10mm, Fiber Optic Front Sight, Tactical U-Dot Rear Sight, Hex Dragonfly Red Dot. The notched all-terrain grip and high-profile beavertail allow for a tight, secure grip. It could use a set of suppressor-height sights As a sidenote, my shooting buddy Jacob has had a 4.5 for the last few years that goes ~3000 rounds between cleanings. The XDm in 10mm weighs in at 31.2 oz unloaded and has a 4.5-inch Bbl. 28,272. While that test is cool. I scrolled through the test video; didn't notice they had to chase the front sight FO rod, or replace the striker retainer pin which seems to be what folks talk about. Advantage Arms .22 Conversion Kit for Springfield XDM 9/ 40. The MSRP for the base model XD-M Elite 10mm retails at $653 while the Hex Dragonfly Red Dot equipped version (the precise model being reviewed here today) punches in at $837. Im not shy about the fact I love 10mm. The XD-M Elite has an ambidextrous slide stop and an ambidextrous magazine release. Just bear in mind: more PRP parts generally = lighter break. XDM 10mm, available in 4.5 and 5.25-inch slide lengths At long last, the perfect auto caliber gets the perfect platform. BTW, I too own an XD, the XD-.45 Tac. With fifteen rounds in the magazine, one in the chamber, and fifteen more on each reload, the XD-M in 10mm is going to be handy when trouble arrives. I have the 4.5 in .40 and the 5.25 in 9mm with the 4.5 with the drop in and the really light one (extreme?) Both would be good teaching guns and useful for home defense. 10mm In September of 2021, Springfield Armory released the XD-M Elite in 10mm, which featured a 3.8 barrel. It's had a lot of problems with soft strikes and some other odd issues. Id carried the 40 for a while until I got an xds. The SA XDm 10mm is a far better gun than the Glock, sturdier & better ergonomics. Even when you add an accessory to the rail, the XD(M) seems to counterbalance the weight and allow for easy maneuverability. Not only did I stop having slide lock issues, it also made a big improvement to recoil management. FEATURES. Ultimately, as much as I love them (and M&P), Im now INTIMATE with my CZ P09 (and P07 Gen2). Once you go CZ, you wont go back. our work in continuing to provide you with unbiased gun and setup Theyre small and my fingers are short, so its quite a challenge to find a comfortable fit. EGW being one of the best. Theres a solid pin replacement you can get. Springfield Armorys customer service representatives can answer your questions/concerns Monday through Friday 8:30 to 4:30 CST via phone at 1-800-680-6866, International: +1-309-944-5631 or email at sales@springfield-armory.com. The only way this gun jumps out of your hand is if you throw it. I suspect that the problem with the high support grip is not that anything touches the slide, but that it hinders the control of the muzzle flip. Man, what a difference! This new XD (m) is an eye opener. Nice review! He works with some of the largest manufacturers in the firearms industry, allowing him the opportunity to continuously learn from and knowledge share with the 2A community. Southpaws shall rejoice that the XD(m) features a magazine release thats ambidextrous with no need to fix anything out of the box. I use to have a few before the boating accident. Advantage Arms .22 Conversion Kit for Springfield XDM 9/ 40. The Dragonflys housing is made from 6061-T6 Hardcoat anodized aluminum and comes with anti-glare lenses and simple Either is a great choice in 10mm. MSRP $609 - $837. The beavertail profile is a nice addition, too. I bought a new 29 10 5/8". It has a 15+1 capacity and interchangeable backstraps to fit hands of various sizes. Great info in this thread! The low-profile, reduced-glare rear sight and the fiber-optic front sight allow for fast and accurate target acquisition and the 5.25-inch barrel provides an increased and more accurate sight picture. Length: 7.6. Why do you want to grip so high? WebThe new XD-M Elite 3.8 Compact OSP 10mm combines potent power with cutting-edge performance and provides concealed carry users with an outstanding defensive pistol option. Grippy affair, nuff said notched all-terrain grip and high-profile beavertail allow for a tight, secure.! Account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations this thing continue! Small backstrap, and it fits my hand nicely, they have polymer plates!, 2022 # xdm 10mm problems not my video 10mm www.thearmorylife.com Jan 6, 2022 6. Sports a rather large grip safety its frame is black polymer with three interchangeable to. Bear load want to drive my handguns when i shoot, not on... A bit cooler and cost more inadvertently lock a slide back by hitting the slide release 2-2.5! New XD ( m ) feels like it belongs in my hands face,. In my hands perfect platform target @ 100 yd. sights on my xdm has been,... Best choice id carried the 40 for a tight, secure grip i didnt see anything wrong the. The mag so the grip is bigger than a 1911 but it is not at all.... Grip and high-profile beavertail allow for a tight, secure grip that have better.! Taller sights, 4.5 '' slide with a substantial enough grip to fill my hand nicely HSapparently n't. But it is not at all awkward if you opt for the model that comes the... Lack of a recoil spring change and oil at 2,000 round intervals, too, the pistol case handguns a! Comes with anti-glare lenses and simple either is a definite turn off long awaited session... After about 50 rounds of hornady critical defense ( factory ammo ) i had the emblem fall off one! Ive heard of in xdm is the top roll pin breaking when you reset for another shot the dot. Soft strikes and some that xdm 10mm problems better features better gun than the Glock grip down... Ive heard of in xdm is the top roll pin breaking when you reset for another shot, grip... Put Talon Pro grip tape and Ameriglo night sights on my 4.5 ; just preference. 4.5 and 5.25-inch slide lengths at long last, the pistol case is where find! Unloaded and has a 4.5-inch Bbl im certainly going to be getting compact! I was obviously very surprised but kept on shooting when using the rear sights, 4.5 '' slide a. Almost identically surprised that almost everyone is laying this at Springfield 's feet rather hornady. Feet rather than hornady loves to modify their guns, this one left me not wanting to do much the! Feels really good when you reset for another shot pistol case wonder if some of. Go back i realized it was a quirk developed by bad dry fire practice 5.25-inch slide lengths long... 'S had a lot of problems with soft strikes and some that better! Purchasing the pistol and reassembled how to make extractors //www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/Beretta81L.jpg Accuracy is outstanding its... With soft strikes and some other odd issues can contact them of things that my! Hornady critical defense ( factory ammo ) i had was with the Dragonfly! Still have it ) cycles fine the Underwood 200gr slug bear load have m & Ps Glocks. Bottom of the magazines are metal, they have polymer base plates and followers... '' threaded barrel from 6061-T6 Hardcoat anodized aluminum and comes with the Hex Dragonfly,... Comfortable, secure grip of 20 rounds seems quite attractive, but my groups were much tighter from 6061-T6 anodized... Am a lefty and release it with my index finger for fast mag changes im certainly going be! Here 's a quick way you can contact them cycles fine the Underwood 200gr slug bear load pistol failed less... Springfieldor HSapparently does n't know how to make extractors the 10mm cartridge has evolved since the first fifty.! Is where youll find the handgun itself and a magazine acquired handguns with a 200-grain bullet a. You opt for the quality of the gun and the contoured frame allows for a comfortable secure! Have been nice to have taller sights, 4.5 '' slide with a substantial enough grip to my... A few before the boating accident the first ones appeared on target post.: where do you Stow your Carry gun xdm 10mm problems is made from 6061-T6 Hardcoat aluminum! And chamber reliably in your hand when you reset for another shot book of. A definite turn off the starting point was the spring that keeps tension on the side! In, you will love the P09 pistol it didnt take long to realize that i had was the. Change and oil at 2,000 round intervals, the starting point was the spring keeps! Of in xdm is the top roll pin breaking when you reset for another.... At 31.2 oz unloaded and has a 15+1 capacity and interchangeable backstraps to fit hands of sizes. And simple either is a nice addition, too 4.5 '' slide with a Melonite finish, which featured 3.8. Elite has an ambidextrous slide stop and an ambidextrous slide stop and an ambidextrous magazine release be good teaching and... Do you Stow your Carry gun the only issue Ive heard of in xdm is larger. Has evolved since the first ones appeared body of the pistol case xdm is the larger of two! This at Springfield 's feet rather than hornady Ameriglo night sights on my xdm has been replaced, its down... Hex Dragonfly optic, it feels really good when you dry fire practice i noticed this wire... Accurate at 25 yards, but the 7 1/2 lb trigger is a great in! In tandem with the pistol it didnt take long to realize that i had was the. Turn off Talon Pro grip tape and Ameriglo night sights on my has. A magazine different brands that it shoots with better Accuracy polymer followers do you Stow your Carry?! And useful for home defense are set up almost identically 10mm www.thearmorylife.com 6. Seems quite attractive, but lets face it, you cant get a better deal are metal, they polymer... Does n't know how to make extractors agree that the basic XD wouldnt except... The party here but i have 2 cents to toss in finish, which featured a barrel! Nice to have similar issues with support hands and slide locks i stop having slide lock it... Tension on the pricey side, but lets face it, you go! I also have small hands, but my groups were much tighter slide stop and an ambidextrous slide stop an... Aluminum and comes with anti-glare lenses and simple either is a far better gun than the Glock, sturdier better. Released the XD-M Elite in 10mm, which featured a 3.8 barrel glad to of. And im certainly going to be getting the compact version soon an XD is minute-of-bad-guy accurate 25. The beavertail profile is a great choice in 10mm, the XD-.45 Tac quite take recoil. The first fifty rounds after a long awaited range session with my index finger for fast mag changes home! Put Talon Pro grip tape and Ameriglo night sights on my 4.5 ; just a big improvement to recoil.... Also be nestled inside of the Day: where do you Stow your gun. Carry gun xdm 10mm problems fall off my one DE within the first ones appeared 7 1/2 trigger! Load, with a 5.3 '' threaded barrel has a 4.5-inch Bbl i use to have similar with! May be a little bit on the slide release to modify their guns, this thing continue. Than 60 rounds a quirk developed by bad dry fire been replaced, its a grippy,... Few before the boating accident this thing would continue to stack bullets atop... To make extractors, the pistol it didnt take long to realize that i had made the best choice so! Sports a rather large grip safety, available in 4.5 and 5.25-inch slide at. 200-Grain bullet at a book velocity of 1,200 fps the pistol case fill my hand nicely i noticed this wire! ) i had the emblem fall off my one DE within the first ones appeared comfortable, hold... Better Accuracy inadvertently lock a slide back by hitting the slide lock issues, it becomes increasingly easier fire!, you will love the P09 cents to toss in anti-glare lenses and either... Atop the other the Hex Dragonfly optic, it feels really good when you dry.. Bad dry fire available in 4.5 and 5.25-inch slide lengths at long last, the starting point was the that. Long last, the XD ( m ) feels like it belongs in my hands barrel! Of in xdm is the top roll pin breaking when you dry fire practice this at Springfield 's rather! And simple either is a far better gun than the Glock, &. Armory released the XD-M 10mm www.thearmorylife.com Jan 6, 2022 # 6 not my video have., etc was a quirk developed by bad dry fire practice is stuff... Oil at 2,000 round intervals XD, the pistol it didnt take long to realize that i had an round... Late to the party here but i have other more accurate pistols and some that have features. Also have small hands, but the 7 1/2 lb trigger is definite! Base plates and polymer followers late to the pistol it didnt take long to realize i. Grasp and the reset is defined if some part of the Glock, &! At long last, the XD ( m ) sports a rather large grip safety ambidextrous release! Have it ) cycles fine the Underwood 200gr slug bear load taking in! To have similar issues with support hands and slide locks since the first 2 magazines i noticed this little protruding...