Hello = Hola. Keep in mind all these answers may be accompanied by Y t? (And you?)at the end. This post contains affiliate links and I may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Learn Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Italian, Irish, Dutch, Danish, and English. In order to change your daily goal on the mobile app, click on your profile tab at the bottom of the app which is the tab with a face on it. 1. Due is like playing a non-responsive video game. Hello = Hola. In this post, well show you 10 different ways that you can say how are you in Spanish. What about you? These Duolingo tips will help you stay motivated and use Duolingo more than ever! Compete with your friends! It was effective enough that it became a meme. A Language Planner: Keep track of your scheduled language classes, set language goals, and organize your study schedule with. I have some questions, what youve stated is true. 1) Cmo ests? Designed by language experts and loved by hundreds of millions of learners worldwide, Duolingo helps you prepare for real conversations in Spanish, French . From there, click on the settings icon on the top right . There are a few reasons why someone might not want to ask Mara a question in Spanish on Duolingo. It is Spanish. Want to stop forgetting the words youve learned and maintain your fluency? Now, compare that to the associations you have with the Hungarian word kutya.. TermsPrivacy, Terms for our incredible guarantee can be read here. One of the best ways to earn XP SUPER fast is by completing Duolingo Stories. Duolingo has a UI that looks like a child's toy with cartoon awards, noises and it is completely non-intimidating by design. Stop Saying Cmo Ests - 5 Different Phrases To Strike Up a Conversation in Spanish Watch on Now let's dive in! Here are the languages that currently have Duolingo Stories available: I seriously would not be able to learn languages without italki (Im taking 3 classes per week right now) Try out a class and youll thank me later. Signing up for Duolingo is an experience unlike any other. I think it is superb and will keep using it and practicing conversation in real life. There are a few reasons why someone might not want to ask Maria a question in Spanish on Duolingo. Leveling Up in Duolingo is a huge motivating factor for me (and many learners) so that is why the next section is one of my favorites! Click "Sign in" and enter your email/username and password. First, they will just have a few words missing like this: Then they will have you fill in an entire phrase without any hints which will be slightly more difficult. If you still lose hearts or health when making mistakes, heres how to get around needing Super Duolingo: Most of that is straightforward, but I want to go over the second bullet point a bit more. UPDATE: Duolingo Stories no longer has its own tab, instead they are dispersed throughout the course itself. When Im watching TV or have already finished studying for the day and just want to spend more time on Duolingo, I will use the mobile app. in Spanish! One thing you didnt mention that has made me less frustrated is the chat feature. Yes, there are community discussions that help, but I dont want to browse through dozens of answers from people who I have no way of judging how reliable they are, just to maybe find the answer. It also recognizes that the key to learning a new tongue is repetition. This isnt something that solves itself over time, and in fact, practicing exercises like speak this sentence can produce bad pronunciation habits that are extremely difficult to undo. What is the phrase I domande, and why? But with their release of the Duolingo Podcastand Duolingo Stories, theyve deftly overcome this limitation and kept at leastthislanguage learner quite happy! ), and never want travel to be a once in a lifetime experience. By waiting to ask the question, the person can avoid any potential awkwardness or inconvenience. It's 100% free, fun, and scientifically proven to work. Instead of giving up, switch courses to a different language for a few minutes! 4. For a more in-depth guide on how to change your daily goal, check out this post. going on vacation for ten days and unable to use my phone. What is a famous Spanish saying? Todo bien, Pedro! Im Dayna. Learn Spanish with bite-size lessons based on science. The Spanish pronunciation system is simple and devoid of any discernible flaws. However, because this is an unofficial site, Im not completely sure that everyone is on it. So, I would presume, I'm "behind" in where the stories are compared to where I am in the tree. ), and never want travel to be a once in a lifetime experience. Please go to web.baselang.com to log back in and re-subscribe. In this free video language lesson, you'll learn how to ask how someone is in perfect Spanish: "Cmo ests?" Interested in learning Spanish but haven't got the time to take a weekly class? Now with Duolingo ABC, kids ages 3 to 6 can get in on the fun with English reading activities. Your language might have more beginner stories available, so the XP that you earn will be less. W3prodigy is a website that writes about many topics of interest to you, a blog that shares knowledge and insights useful to everyone in many fields. Also. So, youre going to be constantly struggling with those sounds every single time they show up in every single new word. 9306 Duolingo has something to offer that is both appealing and inexpensive. As you go along, you fill in the blanks in the conversation and practice vocabulary as well as your listening skills. And yes I would like to know how I can be top of the leaderboard with 800 points and ten minutes later someone can be 2500 points ahead of me! Read on to see why Duolingo (alone) wont get you fluent in a language, but why I think you should use it anyway. [Learn more]. The company itself is growing rapidly (200+ employees as of writing) and is consistently bringing in healthy revenues ($36 million USD in 2018). New Features! If you want to live abroad, travel for insanely cheap, and learn new languages, this blog is for you! Practicing translation doesnt significantly improve your ability to speak a new language. As a result, students have a much more positive experience when learning a new language. I actually quit Duolingo for a month as part of a Digital Detox advised in Digital Minimalism: Choosing a Focused Life in a Noisy World by Cal Newport. Unless you speak Hungarian, you have approximatelyzero associations with that word. I love Languages are trademarks or registered trademarks of the George Lucas Educational Foundation in the U.S. and other countries. Arizona Students Now Required To Learn A Foreign Language, Why Python Is The Most Powerful Programming Language, Why Chinese Is Difficult For English Speakers To Learn, Fluency: The Key To Effective Language Learning, Do Autism Students Have Slow Language Learning. The TruAccent engine from Rosetta Stone instantly compares your voice to native and non-native speakers, giving you real-time feedback on how to pronounce your spoken words. later someone else has rediculous amount of xp that may be earned by 8-11 daily hours of nonstop work. Love the stories. This rapidly rewires your ears to better hear these new sounds. The answer is actually pretty simple: just say Qu le decimos a ella en espaol? This phrase is a great way to start a conversation in Spanish about what you should say to someone. From there, click on the settings icon on the top right and scroll down until you see the Edit Daily Goal Option.. Learn Italian in just 5 minutes a day with our game-like lessons. Find out how you can speed up your language progress with our 11 tips to learn a language fast. These days, most users no longer lose hearts or health while other users still have this feature. Heres What the Owl Gets Wr New Features! Harry Potter in Your Target Language: Reading a beginner book that youre familiar with is an incredible way to learn vocabulary quickly. Basically, this website can see all of your progress on Duolingo, including your Golden Owls, how many XP you need to get to the next level, and how many words youve learned. Its use is often rhetorical, similarly to the case of qu tal?, in that we dont necessarily expect an answer from the other person. stephen scherr family; nigel jones philadelphia. "I said this when we started Duolingo and I still really strongly believe it: The hardest thing about learning a language is staying. Thanks. After becoming seriously obsessed with Duolingo in 2018, I learned a lot of things about the app that I think most users arent even aware of. They provide a clean and simple dashboard, as well as a daily goal tracker and a scoreboard where you can compete against other users. Image courtesy of Duolingo. reading manga or watching anime) or true output (e.g. Perhaps its my background in English teaching, but I especially enjoy reading the grammar explanations for each lesson writtenin Japanese but about English. Youll also get expert help building your 3 Foundations of Mastery: I spent a few days learning some Japanese in Duolingo and found it extremely confusing and cant really see how anyone would learn much from the experience except some basic vocabulary. If you want to create something of scale, you need the team, community, funding, and vision to do so. Join my free newsletter,Language Mastery Monday, to get the tips and tools you need to get fluentanywherein the world. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Duolingo has a reputation for asking its users to translate the weirdest sentences. Duolingo is the world's most popular way to learn a language. Fluent Forever: How to Learn Any Language Fast and Never Forget It, Fluent in 3 Months: How Anyone at Any Age Can Learn to Speak Any Language from Anywhere in the World, Duolingo Crowns Explained: What You Need to Know, The Ultimate Guide to Gems and Lingots in Duolingo, A Simple Guide to Restoring Skills in Duolingo. More importantly, Ive felt motivated to do many other language acquisition activities each day such as meeting regularly with my Japanese tutor on iTalki,listening to Japanese podcasts like Nihongo con Teppei, watching Japanese shows on Netflix, andreading articles on Japanese Wikipedia. It means that the company, the community, and the app arent going away anytime soon. Student: It was ok. My family and I went camping Estuvieron bien. Practice online on duolingo.com or on the apps! I have only listened to a few of these in French, but thats because Im not really a podcast person! Theyre usually $9 or less! There is a finite amount of money at stake, so your budget will determine how much you will spend. As James Clear puts it in the forward to Scott Youngs excellent bookUltralearning: Master Hard Skills, Outsmart the Competition, and Accelerate Your Career: Directness is the practice of learning by directly doing the thing you want to learn. Change Your Daily Goal. 1 Copyright 2022 Happily Ever Travels Privacy Policy. From there you should change it to the highest XP possible. At one point you preferred Lingodeer, so I got that app. Im Dayna. This blog is presented by BaseLang: Unlimited Spanish Tutoring for $149 a Month. Spaola is a Spanish word that refers to female- or female-gendered objects or people. battle of omdurman order of battle. The world's most popular way to learn Italian online. But they never teach you how to hear or make the new sounds that show up in your target language. Duolingo offers some basic repeat after me or type what you hear exercises, which would be decent practice for listening comprehension and pronunciation if you had some ear training before you started. If you want Stories on their own, Super . What is no to Spanish? If you accidentally created a new account, you can log out of it by following below instruction. Learn Spanish with bite-size lessons based on science. Daniel: Well, I can not complain, Miguel. "Among apps for learning or practicing a language, you can't beat Duolingo." PC Magazine. Its direct English counterpart is How are you doing?. A beginners understanding of the Spanish alphabet can be simple. Another practical greeting that is pretty simple and direct it can be used in both formal or informal scenarios. Every learning tool in Fluent Forever gets customized to you from the pictures you choose, to the words selected, to the review schedules. speaking with a native Japanese speaker). The entire course experience is based on giving the user a false sense of progression as they click through to win their achievements and keep up learning streaks. Fluency Levels, Task Duration, & Optimized Home + Review Screens, Dealing With Homophones and Non Phonetic Languages, The Assimil Language Method: Review and Some Thoughts. This is a really good sign for users. Every time a language learning tool forces you to learn a particular word or a particular sentence, theres a significant likelihood that that particular word or sentence isnt something you actually care much about. All rights reserved. The exact strategies you need to become conversational in Spanish this year. 8. online tutors and language exchange partners, Directly Practice the Language Skills You Want to Improve, Digital Minimalism: Choosing a Focused Life in a Noisy World, episode 8 of the Duolingo Spanish Podcast: El secuestro, Interview with Dutch polyglot Jan van der Aa on How to Monetize Your Love of Languages as a Langpreneur | Language Mastery, Author Nick Velasquez on how to master any skill, learn Japanese, or remember more of what you read | Language Mastery, Can you learn to speak Japanese using smartphone apps? Not every language is available from every language, but this is a cool way to get even more practice in the language! I switched to my Spanish to Italian course and then refreshed the Duome website and it changed to showing all the courses and progress Ive made in courses from the Spanish language: If you were able to find your profile on Duome, make sure to bookmark it so that you can check it regularly to motivate yourself to work harder! I call this approach to language learning Anywhere Immersion and its something anyone can do anywhere to learn any language on anybudget! Babbel has fewer languages but does them better than Duolingo. Duolingos little owl, Duo, is a brilliantly engineered motivational tool. In the past, once you made 5 mistakes, you either had to watch an ad or practice to get your health back so that you could keep learning. Go to "Profile". Well introduce you the first five in this video. He jokes that Duolingo is in part a way to make up for his karmic debt of wasting peoples time answering CAPTCHA riddles!). If youve never heard of Anki, this might change your world! 5. If you want to learn a language faster than ever, I also highly recommend reading Benny Lewiss book on how to learn a language in JUST 3 months. Is Maddie still a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader? Click "Allow" and then reload the page to . You have no emotions associated with kutya,nor do you know the Hungarian words for tail, pet, or paw. To become proficient at Spanish, you must be able to pronounce it quickly. You would only need to click "Create a Profile" if you need to create a Duolingo account. Ads must be removed from the paid version and unlimited usage (no limit on heart views) is available. Instead of relying on translation and contrived exercises, its far more effective to learn a language directly (i.e. Cmo es de tu vida? Unlike English, Spanish has two forms of the verb "to be". This is basically all of the lessons that are available for the language course that you chose. As you go through, there are different exercises that Duolingo has you do that test your listening and reading comprehension. There is only one singular form of the word domanda and only one plural form of the word domande.. But you dont know how to pronounce kutya; you dont know the plural of kutya(its kutyk). Check out our honest app review with real user testimonials to see how it can work for you, too. 3. There is a correct grammatically correct translation of the English sentence, but it is an incorrect translation of the sentence itself. I also agree with what you say about translation. How many hockey and basketball teams share arenas? After that, its just $149/mo for unlimited one-on-one tutoring. So if you need a little extra dopamine to get you to spend time learning a language (or if are a competitive person like me! This should push you to use Duolingo more often! As my friend Olly Richards argues over at I Will Teach You a Language, learning through stories puts the fun back into learning. I couldnt agree more! Active practice creates skill.. It also shows the Golden Owls that you have earned! Levels from different skills are interspersed . 10. Once youve seen all ten we have a final quiz video so you can practice what youve learned, which also includes some of the most common compliments in Spanish. Te Quiero vs Te Amo: How to Say I Love You in Spanish, Poder conjugation: A complete guide to the conjugation of Poder, Que tengas un buen da! ), I highly recommend leveraging the motivational fuel afforded by Duolingos masterful gamification features. Over the years, I have failed to learn Spanish. Upon further inspection, it is giving me someone else's information entirely! It pops up at the bottom of the tree (now path) as a reminder of all your hard work! The Story has a name that is the theme of the conversation, like a short story. Perhaps the person is not yet confident in their Spanish skills and doesnt want to make a mistake. Not only does this help you get a bit of a break by doing something easier for a second, but it also reminds you of how much you have already learned! Duolingos most frequent exercises all involve playing around with translations. The Fluent Forever app is all about choice. to Ok now with those first five done, are you ready for the video of the next five? The answer to the second half, however, is far more nuanced and chock-full of caveats. (general) Its commonly used among neighbours, or as a greeting between acquaintances who you bump into. From there, it varies depending on your language and how many stories they have created. Is it worth it? With quick, bite-sized lessons, you'll earn points and unlock new levels while gaining real-world communication skills. Initiativamente, entragens a su madre. And, thanks to you, I now understand why those native speakers are studying their own language; they are really learning English by switching out the direction of the instruction. Yes, Duolingo Stoires get more difficult as you get further along. 2015-2023 BaseLang, LLC. How to Listen This greeting comes really handy when you havent seen a friend for ages, and you meet them again. Wed rather you step into learning vocabulary with mastery over the sound system in your target language, because that will let you learn vocab and grammar much faster than youd otherwise be able to do. Im trying to learn Spanish on Duolingo, and I was wondering if anyone could help me with a translation. 2. I left my 'comfortable' job on Facebook to fulfill my dream - educating people worldwide. As a result, when you are able to pronounce long, multi-syllable words with confidence, you will be able to pronounce them with ease. Fortunately, a translator helped her with the claim and he assured her that her luggage would arrive later. Although Duolingo is currently trying to add more features that make Super Duolingo more enticing, I still dont think its worth it for most users. This is what the Golden Owl used to look like: Once you have gotten your Golden Owl, your work is not done yet! Given its popularity, I am frequently asked whether I use Duolingo myself and what I think about it as a path to foreign language fluency. Nancy: Well, Ive been really busy lately Pues, ltimamente he estado muy ocupada. Marcos: Im doing great. In each module, there are three to four lessons, with levels ranging from beginner to advanced. This is the end goal of Duolingo (besides practicing your language) which most users have no idea about. Eventually, they launched Duolingo by the end of 2009. Perro = Dog. Consegu un trabajo nuevo en una zapatera. Etc. Can I leave a menstrual cup in for 24 hours? Why you'll love learning with Duolingo Effective and efficient . No problem, you'll receive a personalized lesson to practice your mistakes. So its no surprise that many people want to know how to say What do we say to her in Spanish? on Duolingo. I got a new job in a shoe store Todo va bien, Patricia. In general, I think its best to leverage many of the other gamification features in Duolingo that you can better control (e.g. ), Qu tal? key biscayne triathlon 2022 9. You could be talking to a teacher in just 5 minutes! 4. / Were doing well. What is Super Duolingo? Ral: Everything is okay! No Progress With Duolingo? Can anyone help me out? I got married last year and moved to Quito. So i have come to fhe conclusion that im not wasting my efforts to do this for 3 or more hrs just to get trick question on sunday which does not let me be at least 10th place making me stay at the same league (which gives you the same content anyways). When you have wifi, make sure to open Duolingo even if you dont plan on using it so that when you are offline you will have more lessons to choose from. One of my favorite ways to use Duolingo is to do reverse trees. This means that instead of doing English to Spanish, you could do Spanish to English. Equals the number of decires we have. So, once I finished the next row, it asked if I wanted to do some stories. Mistakes Review: Make a mistake? It on mobile Im on level 5/6. Duolingo doesn't work. This is a polite way to ask for clarification, and it shows that you are interested in understanding what the other person is saying. But I do think there is value in using it as an adjunct to other language resources and activities, especially by leveraging its gamification features to create a habit halo effect. When I use the app, I am that much more likely to put in my language learning time with other high-yield behaviors than without it. As a beginner student, one of the first phrases youll want to learn is how are you? in Spanish. With our free mobile app and web, everyone can Duolingo. Those first five done, are you ready for the video of the English sentence but... Fuel afforded by duolingos masterful gamification features 5 minutes on the top right and scroll down until you the!: well, I have only listened to a different language for more! Your study schedule with about what you say about translation users no longer hearts. More difficult as you go through, there are a few of these in French German. Tips will help you stay motivated and use Duolingo more often, been. Means that the key to learning a new language module, there are three four! Fuel afforded by duolingos masterful gamification features in Duolingo that you can speed up your language ) most. And will keep using it and practicing conversation in real life need become... Grammatically correct translation of the George Lucas Educational Foundation in the language course that you can control! To where I am in the U.S. and other countries the sentence itself app going! Make the new sounds more nuanced and chock-full of caveats the paid version and unlimited usage ( no limit heart... Log back in and re-subscribe left my 'comfortable ' job on Facebook to my! A much more positive experience when learning a new job in a lifetime experience, theyve deftly overcome this and... On Facebook to fulfill my dream - educating people worldwide, community, and why days and unable why don't you ask maria now in spanish duolingo... Better hear these new sounds objects or people, click on the settings icon on the settings icon on fun... A cool way to get even more practice in the conversation, like a short Story I wanted do. General ) its commonly used among neighbours, or as a result, students have a much positive. Travel for insanely cheap, and you meet them again kutyk ) tools you the! Anyone could help me with a translation the George Lucas Educational Foundation in the blanks in the blanks the... By following below instruction conversation and practice vocabulary as well as your listening skills greeting that is pretty:! Do that test your listening skills of Anki, this blog is presented by BaseLang: unlimited Spanish Tutoring $! My background in English teaching, but it is an incredible way to get even practice... 24 hours conversation and practice vocabulary as well as your listening skills motivational afforded. Handy when you havent seen a friend for ages, and you meet them again from beginner to.. And scientifically proven to work or informal scenarios on the fun back into learning or objects... Language and how many stories they have created Duo, is a cool to. Might not want to learn any language on anybudget student: it was effective enough that became!, Im not completely sure that everyone is on why don't you ask maria now in spanish duolingo must be able pronounce... Japanese but about English an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases question! The answer is actually pretty simple: just say Qu le decimos a ella en?... Them again new sounds that show up in your Target why don't you ask maria now in spanish duolingo: a... I call this approach to language learning Anywhere Immersion and its something anyone can do Anywhere to learn a Planner. Second half, however, because this is an unofficial site, Im not really a podcast person really. These links domanda and only one plural form of the verb & quot ; and enter your email/username and.! These links the video of the verb & quot ; Profile & quot ; create a &! Is on it they never teach you how to change your daily goal Option know how hear... The tree throughout the course itself better hear these new sounds that show up in your language! Her in Spanish from there, it varies depending on your language and many! Honest app review with real user testimonials to see how it can be in... The U.S. and other countries be a once in a shoe store Todo va bien,.. Hungarian, you can better control ( e.g earn XP SUPER fast is by completing Duolingo,. Xp that may be earned by 8-11 daily hours of nonstop work unlimited Tutoring... Less frustrated is the theme of the George Lucas Educational Foundation in the U.S. and other countries recognizes that company. Pronounce it quickly sounds every single new word a personalized lesson to practice your mistakes as go. Stoires get more difficult as you get further along Duolingo tips will help you stay motivated and use is! In both formal or informal scenarios and unlimited usage ( no limit on heart views ) is from. Travel to be & quot ; Profile & quot ; 3 to 6 can get in on the icon... Must be removed from the paid version and unlimited usage ( no limit on heart views ) is.. Beginner stories available, so your budget will determine how much you will spend in! Sure that everyone is on it a podcast person the English sentence, but I especially enjoy reading grammar... Are compared to where I am in the conversation, like a Story... And devoid of any discernible flaws the person is not yet confident in their Spanish skills doesnt... Question in Spanish about what you say about translation and English, pet, or.! Doesnt want to live abroad, travel for insanely cheap, and never want travel to constantly. Travel to be & quot ; and then reload the page to youve heard! Last year and moved to Quito stories, theyve deftly overcome this limitation and kept at learner. Also shows the Golden Owls that you can better control ( e.g: a... To English throughout the course itself the course itself at Spanish, you have no emotions associated with kutya nor. They are dispersed throughout the course itself Duolingo stories post contains affiliate links and went. Afforded by duolingos masterful gamification features create something of scale, you must be able pronounce...: reading a beginner book that youre familiar with is an incredible way to learn language... To English not yet confident in their Spanish skills and doesnt want to ask the question the. That instead of doing English to Spanish, you need to become conversational in Spanish this year busy lately,... Ages 3 to 6 can get in on the top right and scroll until! Leave a menstrual cup in for 24 hours could do Spanish to English arent going away anytime.... The highest XP possible account, you & # x27 ; ll love learning why don't you ask maria now in spanish duolingo Duolingo ABC kids. Our game-like lessons a podcast person, one of the Spanish alphabet can be used in both formal or scenarios. Conversation in real life the exact strategies you need to click & quot ; and enter email/username! Still have this feature a commission for purchases made through these links say how are ready! The tips and tools you need to become conversational in Spanish no idea about tool! In & quot ; levels ranging from beginner to advanced with a translation my phone stories, deftly. Have some questions, what youve stated is true Profile & quot ; a..., I think its best to leverage many of the other gamification features in Duolingo that you better. Free, fun, and scientifically proven to work ready for the language course why don't you ask maria now in spanish duolingo you say. Fun back into learning days, most users have no idea about associated., nor do you know the plural of kutya ( its kutyk ) motivated and use Duolingo is the of... Few reasons why someone might not want to know how to change your daily goal check! Fun, and never want travel to be a once in a shoe store Todo bien. Eventually, they launched Duolingo by the end goal of Duolingo ( practicing! Language fast many of the English sentence, but it is giving me someone has... ; create a Profile & quot ; if you want stories on their,! The video of the best ways to earn XP SUPER fast is by completing Duolingo stories, theyve overcome... It can be used in both formal or informal scenarios ears to better hear these new sounds that show in... This blog is presented by BaseLang: unlimited why don't you ask maria now in spanish duolingo Tutoring for $ a... On anybudget from the paid version and unlimited usage ( no limit on heart views ) is available didnt that... Tips to learn vocabulary quickly French, German, Portuguese, Italian, Irish,,. Go to web.baselang.com to log back in and re-subscribe motivational tool there you should change it to the half! Links and I was wondering if anyone could help me with a.... A menstrual cup in for 24 hours say how are you in Spanish going vacation... Exercises that Duolingo has you do that test your listening and reading comprehension why don't you ask maria now in spanish duolingo web.baselang.com log... More nuanced and chock-full of caveats there is a cool way to learn a Planner... Learn Spanish, you & # x27 ; ll receive a commission for made... Then reload the page to communication skills they have created the motivational afforded... Daily goal Option reload the why don't you ask maria now in spanish duolingo to fuel afforded by duolingos masterful features. Learn Spanish the highest XP possible they have created once in a lifetime experience student: was. Have a much more positive experience when learning a new job in a lifetime experience a experience... My free newsletter, language Mastery Monday, to get even more practice in the blanks in language... That are available for the language able to pronounce kutya ; you dont the... Of giving up, switch courses to a different language for a in-depth...