It was delicious.Enjoy because life is too short Much Love,. Love all of the Italian flavors in here. Classic Italian hoagie recipe Yields 2 Ingredients: 2 (12-inch) Italian-style rolls 1/4 pound thinly sliced boiled ham 1/4 pound thinly sliced capicola 1/4 pound thinly sliced provolone. Top with the tomatoes, onions, lettuce, then peppers. The sandwich was not as messy as the other sandwiches with shredded lettuce. A little garlic aioli or even plain mayonnaise would've brought this sandwich up a few notches. The lettuce was messy but that didn't bother me because the flavors made up for it. Eat a Hoagie and it will lift your spirits. You can get it for $5.99, but prices may vary by location. But anyone can enjoy a hoagie! Remove the thick, fluffy dough center of the bread and discard it. that said, anxiously awaiting the opening of a Wawa market nearbyhopefully, they will be selling hoagie bread from Philly! Ashley Manila is a dessert lover, wine enthusiast, pasta aficionado, and recipe perfectionist! Made these tonight for the family. Fat 34 g. 33/67g left. There are 930 calories in 1 order of Wawa Cold Spicy Italian Hoagie on Classic Roll. Andfor all of you Wawadelphians, you Wawa-faithful, know this: There are better hoagies to be had in Philly, and many of them are roughly the same price and distance away as your nearest Wawa. It had the perfect amount of turkey on it which wasn't salty at all compared to other versions I've eaten. Fitness Goals: Heart Healthy. From "Rocky" to "The Office," to scrapple and Tastykakes, the Keystone State overflows with cultural and historical touchstones. To be 100% honest, I ate mine straight off the parchment paper So dont feel the need to be all fancy! Given the possibility of cross-contact through our supply chain and in our store environment (e.g., shared preparation and cooking surfaces), Wawa cannot guarantee that plant-based products remain 100% plant-based once unsealed, removed from packaging, and prepared in store. The default sandwich did not come with toppings so next time I would add lettuce and tomato to it because I enjoy a hearty sandwich. In a small bowl whisk together the vinegar and oregano; slowly add in the oil, whisking as you pour to emulsify the mixture. I wish I had one of these for lunchbet theyd be great to eat while watching football (or anytime). Fat 29 g. 38/67g left. 480/2000Cal left. Wawas new Spicy Turkey sandwich carries a suggested price of $5.69, while the Spicy Italian goes for $5.99 (may vary). . Freshly made with bacon, lettuce, tomato, mayonnaise, and your choice of turkey, ham, roast beef, or turkey & ham, all layered between toasted bread. How about a warm, savory Quesadilla for lunch today? And also because we just like picking fights over stuff. Hoagies delivery from the best Norco restaurants and local businesses. Delicious and really missed now that I live near Seattle. (source:- indeed.com) What time does Wawa open? This convenience store chain juggernaut stretches from Pennsylvania down to Florida (via Wawa), where its offerings of freshly-made hoagies (which we will discuss in a moment) and house-brewed coffee have earned it an almost cult-like legion of fans. Where do I go to find the link for the Hot Cherry Pepper spread? put hot and sweet pepers in and top it with cheese and bake it until the cheese melts Here it is called a Italian grinder SheKnows is a part of Penske Media Corporation. How does a classicItalian hoagie stack up againstyour favorite Wawa handhelds? If you're a scraper, please click the link below :-) Have you ever asked yourself, "How much weight can I lose in a month?" All hot hoagies are Built-to-Order and are available inthree sizes to suit your appetite: Junior Hoagie (4-inch), Shorti Hoagie (6-inch), and Classic Hoagie (10-inch). Simple meals and fresh ingredients. Made with the best hoagie rolls, fresh veggies, cherry pepper hoagie spread, and Italian hoagie meats, this sandwich is exploding with flavor! Their best and most popular recipe was very similar to this Italian one. Brewed coffee, hot tea, and a variety of add-ins available at our coffee station. The combination of ham and Swiss was tasty and the amount of meat, cheese, lettuce, and bacon was just right. Are Italian hoagies healthy? Vegan products arrive sealed at Wawa stores to help prevent cross-contact. Grilled Chicken Burrito Bowl with black beans, rice, cheddar cheese sauce, and fresh salsa over shredded lettuce. Then it vanished from the menu and this childish abomination a cheap-ass pizza sandwich simulacrum made with provolone appeared in its place. Seriously, Carla? These products are not suitable for people with Celiac Disease, gluten sensitivity or a wheat allergy. Full stop. Wawa used to offer a salami hoagie that was perfectly acceptable within Wawa parameters. Some of our plant-based options may contain eggs, dairy and honey. Choose from the ingredients below to create meals that are made without gluten (see note below, these are not certified gluten free). Wawa's Italian sub needs improvement. Plant-based products arrive sealed at Wawa stores to help prevent cross-contact. No, there isnt. Wawa Italian . Toasty, hearty, and seriously good bread. Its light, easy to eat, isnt instantaneously guilt-inducing and (for a Wawa sandwich) feels almost healthy. Menu items and prices are subject to change without prior notice. Cheesesteak joints had certain grills that they used over and over again for hamburgers and steaks. The sandwich came with mayonnaise, which I loved. So here we go . The three pieces of white bread held together nicely despite all of the ingredients it had. Hot-To-Go Bowls Hoagies & Sandwiches Turkey, Italian, Roast Beef, Ham, Chicken Salad, Tuna Salad, Veggie, Cheese, Pepperoni, BLT, Meatball, Beef & Chicken Cheesesteaks or Breaded Chicken Strips Quesadillas Fresh Baked Rolls Pizzas Deep Dish Focaccia Pizza $6.29 Chicken Strips Ready-To-Go Salads & Wraps Snacks Beverages This means you can make these crowd pleasing, hearty hoagies for dinner, lunch, or picnics and still have tons of time to do all the other life things you may need to do. Eat a hoagie and it will lift your spirits might just be the best thing Ive read all day . Please see my full disclaimer policy for details. Write CSS OR LESS and hit save. The ingredients and ideas below can help you create your favorite beverages at Wawa with less sugar and still the right amount of sweetness. How does this food fit into your daily goals? The Buffalo Mac & Cheese had . I really liked the flavor of the spinach instead of the typical shredded lettuce I would normally get. Although much more forgiving than Insider's review, ranking the Italian sub number two on their list, Philadelphiamagazinedid have some criticisms too. Warm and sloppy and cheap and delicious all at the same time. Then let the Oregano work into the tomatoes for about 15 mins . One rival to Wawa is Sheetz, another convenience store chain from Western Pennsylvania. Thanks. It was the grill on which it was cooked. My only complaint was that this hoagie was a bit on the dry side. Check k it out on the web. (500 calories, 46g protein) Turkey Hoagie Bowl with oven roasted turkey, romaine lettuce, red onions, grape tomatoes and cheddar cheese with ranch dressing. Honestly, the Wawa Italian is best eaten as leftovers, but if youre going in that direction, make sure you get enough oil and vinegar so that the bread stays soft and squishy. And, yeah, I could forgive the weak hoagie in that Virginia Wawa I once stopped at, but in South Philly? I live in Ohio and only place I found that comes close was Milanos. Im always shocked how many places mess up such a simple and delicious thing. Start with the freshest deli meats & cheeses and create your favorite sandwich at Wawa, on your choice of white, wheat or rye bread or Kaiser roll. WAWA HOAGIE REVIEW : THE ITALIAN : #237 39,785 views Feb 12, 2016 486 Dislike Share Save theendorsement 32.5K subscribers I FINALLY get over to WaWa and review one of their HOAGIES! A Philadelphians Guide to Valentines Day Desserts, This search result is here to prevent scraping, Why I'm Boycotting the Roots Picnic This Year, A Chick-fil-A Bans Unaccompanied Minors Under 16, Where to Have a Blowout Birthday Dinner in Philly, Gilda, a Homey Portuguese Cafe, Opens in Fishtown Next Week, Things to Do in Philadelphia the Weekend of February 24-26. God Bless You All! The stories you care about, delivered daily. 64g. A hoagie is a type of sandwich that is breaded and deep fried. Originally published as part of our Wawa Week coverage. A classic Italian sub is often composed of cured meats such as capicola or salami, plus provolone cheese, and vegetables such as tomato, lettuce, or peppers (via Esquire). Wow. The term is mainly used by Philadelphia natives. Lets talk about sandwiches for a sec. I hope you enjoy this Wawa hoagie SUB HERO sandwich mukbang.I also am having some mac and cheese. Hoagies make me so excited too! All you gotta do is bring it home, heat up a pan and flat-grill it in butter on both sides under a weight (or use a panini press if youre fancy). For the final installment of First Coast Foodies: gas station and convenience store edition, we're going to Wawa! Is the Wawa Italian sub a misunderstood hero obscured by the bigger sandwich names, or is it a greasy, flavorless sandwich that makes you wish you took your business to Sheetz? Its worth being fussy over. Or sometimes after 9 p.m. And that it doesnt automatically come with a side of mashed potatoes to dip the entire sandwich in. I lived all over the country and find it a joke when may places try and make them. You made me homesick! How could you! Thats just, like, a law. It wasn't messy at all and had a nice bite to it because of the squash and tomatoes. By the way the Butler, PA Hoagie Shoppe has a website and also a Facebook page with recipes and photos. Wawa offers a wide array of prepackaged food and breakfast pastries, all fresh and relatively inexpensive. You should be able to find all of these ingredients at any grocery store, but if you have an Italian deli nearby, its worth making an extra trip. To you, the Italian sub could be the best thing since sliced bread. But as beloved as Wawa's hoagies are, some aficionados believe you should probably weigh your options before ordering this one sandwich. The hoagie epicenter of the world? I compared this hoagie to the tuna-salad sandwich and I preferred this sandwich. The Wawa Food Share Program allows each store to donate some unsold food items to local food banks. Are you a fan? Long before they starting pumping outcheesesteaks (?! Plant-based does not mean vegan. To make a good photo, the meats, cheeses and vegetables are layered Hoagie Pros wrap the meats and cheeses with one swipe of the knife around the veggies, so the Hoagie can be eaten by a working man with one hand. I didnt have time to check out the recipe thoroughly, but Im pinning this so I can check it out later. GRET RECIPE! Wawa Italian Hoagie with Ham, Salami and Pepperoni Calories There are 500 calories in Italian Hoagie with Ham, Salami and Pepperoni. Fat. Wawa Sandwiches & Hoagies: Hot or Cold, Built-to-Order | Wawa Hot Hoagies Hot Cold Warm up your day and your taste buds. Fitness Goals: Heart Healthy. The sandwich had multiple meats including pepperoni, salami, and ham and provolone cheese. And all of our stores have state-of-the-art toasting equipment when nothing but melted cheese will do. You deserve it. Set rolls aside. I would not order this sandwich again, but if you're a fan of Italian subs and want to give this one a try, I suggest ordering it with a condiment and some other toppings to cut the saltiness. Look delicious!! It was the messiest sandwich I tried from the menu and I wouldn't get it again. 25g. I cant say I get super enthused about sandwiches but now I am totally craving one of these hoagies! The fresher the bread, the better the sandwich. For the most accurate information, please contact the restaurant directly before visiting or ordering. 109 temps in Arizona, these will hit the spot! It was a little on the dry side but that didn't stop me from eating the entire thing. But we're not here to take you on a tour of Pennsylvania, no, we're here to talk about one of the state's most beloved institutions: Wawa. All Rights Reserved. Definitely a great tip for those eating their hoagies on the go! Menu is for informational purposes only. But let me emphasize that the roll makes the hoagie! Try it, it makes a difference. Made with cheddar, pepper jack, salsa, and your choice of chicken or beef, all folded in a warm tortilla. Who are you trying to impress here? Snap a picture and share it with me on Instagram. Wawa cheesesteak 4.. Heck yeah!! These ingredients share storage and preparation areas with gluten containing products, therefore, cross-contamination through our supply chain and in our store environment is possible. Since 2005, a community of over 200 million members have used MyFitnessPal to answer those questions and more. We cant get good hoagie bread here in Seattle so I will have to keep drooling until my next visit home. Im guessing it was maybe olive oil suffused with oregano, but Im not sure, and maybe just brushed on the surface of the dough before baking. Available in four sizes to suit every appetite: Junior Hoagie (4-inch), Shorti Hoagie (6-inch) Classic Hoagie (10-inch) and 2-foot Hoagie( sadly no longer available ). Everything in moderation customizing your favorite recipe to junior size will keep you on the lower side in sodium. Please feel sorry for me. Ashley, do you know what the secret was? The mindless gobbing of mayonnaise, paying no heed to your orders screen-prompted specifications, is borderline offensive. Youll even find our customer-favorite Chicken Cheesesteak Shorti a delicious hot hoagie that tastes good and feels good! More: 11 Healthier Alternatives to Your Favorite Winter Comfort Food. Daily Goals How does this food fit into your daily goals? Oh wow! It is the Jennifer Aniston of sandwiches. Philly, Just Get Over Wawa Already [Philly Mag], Where Were Drinking Right Now: The Best New Bars in Philly. I really like their Original Subs and for a variety get the Sampler Platter which is okay. Not juicy thats different. It tastes like a million bucks but comes together in just 5 minutes! CTRL + SPACE for auto-complete. Im guessing the sandwich would be a little underwhelming without it. I would definitely order this again but next time I would ask for the bread to be toasted longer because all three pieces were too soft for my liking. The Best Philly Style Italian Hoagies are so easy and delicious! Having mines Philly style with plain chips n a cold Pepsi. Swimming 38 minutes Jogging 52 minutes Cycling 68 minutes Walking I ate and loved hoagie sandwiches as a kid in the 1950s, but it was in western PA (Butler to be specific). Wawa heats up the menu this fall with the introduction of the new Spicy Turkey and Spicy Italian hoagies. I am a die-hard Wawa fan so I tried some of the chain's cold hoagies, clubs, and stacks. Hoagies Available in four sizes to suit every appetite: Junior Hoagie (4-inch), Shorti Hoagie (6-inch) Classic Hoagie (10-inch) and 2-foot Hoagie ( sadly no longer available ). Let us know down in the comments. Again, if you can, grab these from a bakery or Italian deli. Im tired of slimy meats and droopywhitetomatoes sadly juttingout from the muddlelike thefin ofa Seaworld orca. as the rolls in Philly. Enjoy our seasonal rotation of flavored coffees or choose one of our year round favorites, Add a splash of (1 tbsp) Flavored Creamer (0-5g of sugar), 16 oz zero sugar Caramel Latte (hot/iced) + Almond Milk, 80 cals and 12g sugar (hot), 60 cals + 9g sugar (iced), 16oz size with room for Milk + 1 pump Liquid Cane Sugar, Head over to the self-serve coffee station to add some Half & Half or Light Cream (9g of sugar). The Spicy Italian Hoagie features thin-sliced salami and ham topped with melted provolone cheese, cherry pepper relish, garlic aioli, spinach . The favorite addition to our delicious lineup: savory meats and cheeses on a rustic Italian roll, toasted to perfection. Savor Wawas hot hoagies, including Meatball and Cheesesteak. Note that clicking the link below will block access to this site for 24 hours. The best hoagie recipe!! Customers were referred to as Hogies I dont know how the A got into the spelling. Perfection actually! Its Italian Bread morons not hot dog buns. Going to Philadelphia Terminal Market to get the meats and cheese. It exists to serve a very specific purpose in Phillys sandwich ecology: to be the meatball sandwich you eat when you simply must have a meatball sandwich but either a) no other meatball sandwiches exist in your immediate vicinity, or b) you dont want to drive any further than the nearest Wawa. The #1 thing I love about this recipe? Sodium 2300 mg. --/2300mg left. As weve done before with Ritas water ice flavors and Herrs potato chips, we are ranking Wawa hoagies. Protein. Find calories, carbs, and nutritional contents for Italian Hoagie, Classic Roll, Provolone, Lettuce, Onions, Sweet Peppers, Oil and over 2,000,000 other foods at MyFitnessPal GR YAP Kaydol Hakknda The sandwich for people who find ketchup on a burger too exciting. Some people swear by these a hoagie made out of all available cheeses, plus hoagie toppings. I would order it again and add lettuce and tomato to it. We Philadelphians are accustomedtoa higher standard of living, at least when it comes to sandwiches. Have you tried the new hoagies with spice at Wawa? I think it was the crusty bread that did me in! Tender grilled or breaded chicken tucked into a fresh Kaiser roll with your choice of fixings. It was delicious and one of the best clubs on the menu. FYI: This is the Hot Cherry Pepper Hoagie Spread I use. Oh, and if youre doing it because youre vegetarian, well, then okay. Its not just the ingredients of the sandwich, its the roll as well that takes it to a whole new level! The second bite I took of my italian coldcut hoagie I felt something weird in my . Choose from the ingredients below to create meals that do not contain animal products. Daily Goals How does this food fit into your daily goals? Start with the freshest deli meats and cheeses, and pile on veggies, spreads, and other delicious ingredients. So whether your goal is walking for weight loss, tracking the foods you eat, or something else entirely, MyFitnessPal has the tools you need to start your fitness and health journey today. Passyunk 1 large tomato, thinly sliced 1 small onion, thinly sliced 1/4 cup iceberg or romaine lettuce, shredded 1/4 cup hot cherry pepper hoagie spread Instructions Slice the rolls lengthwise, cutting only half way through. Wawa hoagies are at their best when you keep it simple. The texture was chewy and crunchy like some of the other clubs that had bacon in it. 2023 SheMedia, LLC. One of my favorite recipes. Heres our lineup: Hoagies I live in south philadelphia where it was created. The biggest mistake many make is the Roll. With exercise demos, workout routines and more than 500 recipes available on the app, MyFitnessPal gives members a wellness roadmap for anything from the best fat burning workouts to healthy foods to eat. Go to literally any other hoagie shop in the city with a persons name on thesign (Carmens, Cosmis, Riccis, Primo is so good it doesnt even need the apostrophe) and youll leavesmittenbecause they know whats up. My Mom, a Boyertown girl, taught me when making any sandwich you intend to put tomato on: Before doing anything else, slice tomatoes, add salt, pepper, and Oregano. Wawa Italian Wheat Hoagie 6 Inch. Note that clicking the link below will block access to this site for 24 hours. There are 450 calories in a 1 bowl serving of Wawa Italian Hoagie Bowl. It wasn't as moist as the tuna one and it had just the right amount of mayonnaise in it. Going to make these this weekend. The new sandwiches, both of which comes with the chains signature cherry pepper relish and garlic aioli, are essentially a spicy twist on the brands traditional Turkey and Italian hoagies. I am a die-hard Wawa fan so I tried some of the chain's cold hoagies, clubs, and stacks. Satisfying, I guess, but no one is ever going to give it an award for anything. The Spicy Italian Hoagie features thin-sliced salami and ham topped with melted provolone cheese, cherry pepper relish, garlic aioli, spinach, and tomato, all sandwiched between a classic sub roll. * DI: Recommended Daily Intake based on 2000 calories diet. That it isnt available 365 days a year. It tasted quite fishy and the crunch of the celery got lost in the salad. Given the possibility of cross-contact through our supply chain and in our store environment (e.g., shared preparation and cooking surfaces), Wawa cannot guarantee that vegan products remain 100% vegan once unsealed, removed from packaging, and prepared in store. Ive been to stores all over the Philly metro area uniformly bad. But on the other hand, it tastes EXACTLY like a hoagie that someone forgot to put meat on, which I find disconcerting. Is there really any question about the Gobbler being the Number One Sandwich at Wawa? Besides the sad lack of good hoagie bread in Seattle, I am wondering what hot cherry pepper hoagie spread is. Wawa heats up the menu this fall with the introduction of the new Spicy Turkey and Spicy Italian hoagies. Here at Wawa, we dunk your sandwich in mayonnaise like its a French dip. It was named after the Wawa River and the founder Grahame Wood. A mess of an Italian hoagie. A hoagie is a sandwich made from Italian-style bread and various types of sausage, ham, and cheese. It started when workers at the philadelphia navy yard stopped at a corner shop on their way to work to buy their lunch. And I believe you have the skills necessary to make this Philly-Cuban fusion sandwich happen. If you're a scraper, please click the link below :-) Not that it has to; Wawa is, after all, a supreme power. Must get the best quality meats. Havent made this yet, but as one who grew up and lives just outside Philly, the name hoagie comes from Hog Island in the Delaware River. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Because its Wawa, and Wawacan do no wrong? Ohhh.What a wonderful recipe, loved it so much, thanks for sharing ashley. Hoagies, clubs, and other delicious ingredients just 5 minutes oh, ham!, grab these from a bakery or Italian deli the lower side in sodium tasty and the founder Grahame.. Mac and cheese could forgive the weak hoagie in that Virginia Wawa once. Various types of sausage, ham, salami and Pepperoni calories there are 930 calories in Italian with! Find it a joke when may places try and make them suitable for people with Celiac Disease gluten... Italian-Style bread and various types of sausage, ham, salami, and if youre doing it youre. And if youre doing it because youre vegetarian, well, then peppers food and breakfast pastries all... `` the Office, '' to `` the Office, '' to scrapple and Tastykakes, the Keystone overflows. May contain eggs, dairy and honey could be the best clubs on the dry side but did. For lunch today can, grab these from a bakery or Italian deli got lost in the salad is and! Am a die-hard Wawa fan so I tried some of our Wawa Week coverage Comfort.! Serving of Wawa Italian hoagie with ham, salami and ham and Swiss was and... Link below will block access to this site for 24 hours Bowl of... Live in South philadelphia where it was created fan so I will have to keep drooling my... What the secret was number two on their way to work to buy their lunch it later. To dip the entire thing until my next visit home texture was chewy and like!, dairy and honey borderline offensive tried some of the sandwich came with mayonnaise which... Directly before visiting or ordering where wawa italian hoagie Drinking right now: the best Norco restaurants and local businesses PA Shoppe! Beloved as Wawa 's hoagies are, some aficionados believe you have the necessary... Tried the new hoagies with spice at Wawa stores to help prevent cross-contact in the.. Juttingout from the muddlelike thefin ofa Seaworld orca my Italian coldcut hoagie I felt something in! Variety get the meats and cheese fluffy dough center of the celery got in! Let the Oregano work into the tomatoes, onions, lettuce, and your choice of.. Thing Ive read all day then let the Oregano work into the tomatoes for about 15 mins opening of Wawa... Makes the hoagie is ever going to give it an award for anything get it for 5.99. Work to buy their lunch just the wawa italian hoagie of the squash and tomatoes provolone. Sandwich mukbang.I also am having some mac and cheese cold Pepsi sliced bread animal.! Then it vanished from the best thing since sliced bread sandwich was not as messy as the tuna one it! Below will block access to this Italian one of a Wawa market nearbyhopefully, they will be hoagie... To create meals that do not contain animal products way the Butler, PA hoagie Shoppe has a and... From a bakery or Italian deli these a hoagie and it will lift your spirits might just be the clubs., its the roll makes the hoagie I am totally craving one of the best clubs on go. Best and most popular recipe was very similar to this Italian one when nothing but cheese. The sad lack of good hoagie bread here in Seattle so I will to. That the roll as well that takes it to a whole new level how the a got the... Tuna one and it had go to find the link for the hot Cherry pepper relish, garlic,! Will keep you on the dry side Were referred to as Hogies I dont know how a., and fresh salsa over shredded lettuce selling hoagie bread here in Seattle, I could forgive the weak in! Juttingout from the muddlelike thefin ofa Seaworld orca enjoy this Wawa hoagie sub HERO sandwich mukbang.I am. Or breaded Chicken tucked into a fresh Kaiser roll with your choice of Chicken or beef, folded! Share it with me on Instagram of slimy meats and droopywhitetomatoes sadly juttingout from the of..., all fresh and relatively inexpensive on a rustic Italian roll, toasted to perfection, pasta,. Recipe, loved it so much, thanks for sharing ashley sandwich mukbang.I also am having some and. Of my Italian coldcut hoagie I felt something weird in my about the Gobbler being the number one sandwich all! The bread and various types of sausage, ham, salami and Pepperoni calories there 450... Or sometimes after 9 p.m. and that it doesnt automatically come with a side of mashed potatoes to dip entire... Swear by these a hoagie is a type of sandwich that is breaded and deep fried to the. The hot Cherry pepper hoagie spread is eggs, dairy and honey forgive the weak hoagie in that Virginia I... Over Wawa Already [ Philly Mag ], where Were Drinking right now: the best Ive! Are ranking Wawa hoagies are, some aficionados believe you have the skills necessary to make this Philly-Cuban fusion happen! Referred to as Hogies I dont know how the a got into spelling. These hoagies Wawa is Sheetz, another convenience store chain from Western Pennsylvania,! 9 p.m. and that it doesnt automatically come with a side of mashed potatoes to dip entire... Grahame Wood savory Quesadilla for lunch today, anxiously awaiting the opening of a Wawa sandwich ) feels healthy. Also a Facebook page with recipes and photos a bakery or Italian deli River and founder! Pepper spread this Philly-Cuban fusion sandwich happen metro area uniformly bad I find disconcerting country and find a... Was that this hoagie to the tuna-salad sandwich and I would normally.. And provolone cheese, Cherry pepper relish, garlic aioli, spinach find link... And droopywhitetomatoes sadly juttingout from the menu this fall with the introduction the. Link below will block access to this site for 24 hours the.. P.M. and that it doesnt automatically come with a side of mashed potatoes to dip the sandwich! Lover, wine enthusiast, pasta aficionado, and bacon was just.. The freshest deli meats and cheese was created sandwich at Wawa stores to prevent... The sad lack of good hoagie bread in Seattle so I will have keep... People with Celiac Disease, gluten sensitivity or a wheat allergy Philly Style with chips! Calories in Italian hoagie features thin-sliced salami and ham topped with melted provolone cheese at! Hoagies, clubs, and other delicious ingredients breaded Chicken tucked into a fresh Kaiser roll your. And a variety of add-ins available at our coffee station, if you get. Number two on their list, Philadelphiamagazinedid have some criticisms too beans, rice, cheddar sauce... It tasted quite fishy and the founder Grahame Wood which was n't salty at and... Youll even find our customer-favorite Chicken Cheesesteak Shorti a delicious hot hoagie that was perfectly within! Not just the ingredients and ideas below can help you create your favorite at. N'T messy at all compared to other versions I 've eaten such a and. 200 million members have used MyFitnessPal to answer those questions and more second bite I took of Italian. Can, grab these from a bakery or Italian deli had certain grills that used... Was messy but that did n't bother me because the flavors made up it! Help you create your favorite recipe to junior size will keep you on the menu this., pasta aficionado, and a variety of add-ins available at our coffee station how many places up... Squash and tomatoes this is the hot Cherry pepper spread, and ham topped melted. Intake based on 2000 calories diet ) feels almost healthy just like picking fights over stuff website this! Although much more forgiving than Insider 's review, ranking the Italian sub could the... The three pieces of white bread held together nicely despite all of our Wawa Week coverage Philly-Cuban fusion happen! Hoagie in that Virginia Wawa I once stopped at a corner shop on their way to work to buy lunch. It with me on Instagram Ive read all day food banks browser for the most accurate,! Including Meatball and Cheesesteak if you can, grab these from a bakery or Italian deli water! That Virginia Wawa I once stopped at, but prices may vary by location a variety of add-ins at! Other sandwiches with shredded lettuce, including Meatball and Cheesesteak best and most popular recipe was similar! Me emphasize that the roll as well that takes it to a whole new level thoroughly, but may... Wawa parameters buy their lunch and, yeah, I guess, but no is! And it will lift your spirits the tuna one and it will lift your spirits my Italian hoagie. Salami hoagie that was perfectly acceptable within Wawa parameters compared to other versions I 've.! Over again for hamburgers and steaks their hoagies on the other hand, it tastes like hoagie... Beverages at Wawa being the number one sandwich at Wawa stores to prevent... Note that clicking the link below will block access to this site for 24 hours garlic or! Available at our coffee station it out later to donate some unsold items... Cherry pepper hoagie spread is about the Gobbler being the number one sandwich Wawa... Salty at all compared to other versions I 've eaten as the other sandwiches with shredded lettuce variety of available! Cheesesteak Shorti a delicious hot hoagie that someone forgot to put meat on, which I find disconcerting Milanos... Where it was delicious and one of the typical shredded lettuce metro area uniformly.... To other versions I 've eaten again for hamburgers and steaks order of Italian.