He played college football at Illinois, and was drafted by the Dolphins in the first round of the 2009 NFL Draft. Former NFL cornerback Vontae Davis was arrested on a DUI charge in Florida on Saturday after hitting a parked car and injuring a pedestrian. But reportedly Davis did end up picking the Bills for two reasons. 2019. The comments below have not been moderated. [57] On October 1, 2017, he started in his first game of the season and collected a season-high six solo tackles in the Colts' 4618 loss at the Seattle Seahawks in Week 4. Prince Andrew 'fears he won't be able to afford Royal Lodge if King Charles cuts his 250K grant - but is Can you solve this trivia riddle? At some point before the Indianapolis Colts-San Francisco 49ers game, Vontae and Vernon Davis will find each other, embrace and fully absorb the rarity of their situation. Davis's social media is full of pictures of him sharply dressed and sporting a Hollywood-white smile, arms around celebrities and actors including Bruce Willis with whom he is starring in upcoming action movie Day To Die. Thats something new. Their grandmother instilled that in them, he said. Follow Star reporter Stephen Holder on Twitter: @HolderStephen. The Washington, D.C. native spent his first three . [19] Head coach Tony Sparano officially named Davis the starting cornerback to start the regular season, alongside Jason Allen and nickelback Nolan Carroll. 'We didn't have the best relationship just because she was never really around. The following week, he collected a season-high six solo tackles, broke up two passes, and intercepted a pass by Tom Brady during a 2717 loss at the New England Patriots in Week 9. Then there were accidents off the field. Philbin maintained that stance on Tuesday. First, the one-year, $5 million deal was the most money he was offered. Pub puzzle depicting a 'common phrase' stumps thousands - before the What lack of sleep REALLY does to your face: Expert reveals the warning signs your skin is suffering. His exchange with TE Coach Dan Campbell was pretty riveting television. While Davis was willing to address the ''Hard Knocks'' HBO episode, wide receiver Chad Johnson refused to discuss it. My mom and my dad never came to a football game as a kid,' Davis said. [18] On January 25, 2016, Davis was selected to the 2016 Pro Bowl as a replacement for Chris Harris Jr. who was playing in Super Bowl 50 as a member of the Denver Broncos. [3], Davis chose Illinois over Maryland, Michigan State, and Virginia. [22] Davis completed the 2010 season with 54 combined tackles (46 solo), 12 pass deflections, and an interception in 16 games and 15 starts. I take baths now. Former NFL cornerback Vontae Davis was reportedly arrested over the weekend. That's called "quitting". He didnt even pause before saying: We wouldve been in a (foster) home somewhere.. Furthermore, Davis was ultimately booked under a DUI charge. It seems like from Davis point of view, there might be more to the story. He instantly asked to "call his granny," as sadness was written all over his face. It seems like the ex-NFL star is taking up an interesting position on the whole incident that occurred. "When I think about Miami, I sit back and laugh," he says now, 14 games into his finest season. Davis, 37, also revealed how his family's dark struggles gave him the drive to succeed as a celebrated pro football player and later as a serial entrepreneur, actor in Bruce Willis action movies, and now as a judge in the new Fox show Domino Masters. He played seven more seasons in the NFL, twice being . I might not be alive right now if it wasnt for her, Vontae said. Davis said his younger brother was diagnosed with schizophrenia after the attacks. A lot of observers of the team and ever fans were angry at Davis, labeling him as a traitor or quitter of sorts. and help keep the future of New Times, Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our. You have go back during the holidays and hear about who lost, Vontae said, shaking his head. University. 'As a kid I would always drop my book bag and go out and play. [22] In Week 2, Davis collected six solo tackles, two pass deflections, and intercepted a pass by Brett Favre during a 1410 victory at the Minnesota Vikings. 'I never thought I'd be playing ball back in Washington DC. I never imagined it, but it happened. [41][49], The Indianapolis Colts finished first in the AFC South with an 115 record and reached the AFC Championship before being defeated 457 by the New England Patriots who eventually won Super Bowl XLIX. It wasnt easy. He has amazed everyone by achieving a hazardous amount of wealth in the past few years after his retirement. [68][69], Davis later commented that his abrupt retirement was due to an abrupt realization that football was no longer what he was meant to be doing, and that "leaving was therapeutic". Vernon told me, Ill just have to run (Vontae) over, Adaline said. Almost immediately, he thrived. Davis's younger brother Vontae (pictured left with their mother) later followed in his footsteps, Vernon said he remained estranged from his drug-addict mother (pictured left with Vernon and his father) for decades, but managed to get clean in recent years. But the love she showed us, it made the difference. She took such good care of that car, it's still parked at my grandma's right now. Net Worth & Salary of Vontae Davis in 2023. He played for 10 years at a professional level. I dont want to hear that., That there are family gatherings at all is a tribute to Adaline. All rights reserved. New York Giants. Shes proud of them. How the Princess of Wales recreated her 2006 outfit from Prince William's Sandhurst graduation EPHRAIM HARDCASTLE: Prince William's potentially awkward visit to homelessness charity. The following week, he collected six solo tackles in the Dolphins' 2313 loss to the Houston Texans in Week 2. He played football as a cornerback and wide receiver. Vontae Ottis Davis (born May 27, 1988) is a former American football cornerback who played for the Miami Dolphins, Indianapolis Colts, and Buffalo Bills of the National Football League (NFL). Vontae is highly courageous to decide where he is now, enjoying a part of life that he once thought he would never again get back. She molded them. Vontae Davis, a former NFL cornerback, apparently got into trouble over the weekend. Fears Constance Marten and partner's baby 'could have been dead for two weeks' as post-mortem is set to take 'He has shown no remorse': Carrie Johnson says the early release of Joanna Simpson's killer BA pilot husband Schools in London, the South East and Wales to shut today as teachers stage THIRD day of strikes in blow to Model, 44, 'smuggled 5M in criminal cash into Dubai by hiding banknotes in suitcases on two flights from Rishi Sunak's 'away day' bid to unite warring Tories: PM takes MPs to 400-a-night Windsor hotel where he Boris Johnson 'could make first comments on Brexit deal TODAY' amid DUP meltdown with hardliners saying it Grinning and bearing it? 'By the time I turned 13 my whole life was changed. The Davis brothers and their five siblings were the kind of kids who grow up to be statistics. Davis attended Dunbar High School in Washington, D.C., where he was a letterman in football and track. [62], On February 26, 2018, Davis signed a one-year deal with the Buffalo Bills worth up to $5 million, with $3.5 million guaranteed. It was a Chevy Impala. On December 30, 2012, Davis recorded five solo tackles, three pass deflections, and intercepted two passes by Matt Schaub during a 2816 win in Week 17. His state of mind was never free, and he always felt that; he decided to leave everything behind and return to his place. [59] On November 8, 2017, it was reported that Davis decided to have surgery to repair a lingering groin injury he sustained during the preseason, which would take him out of play for the remainder of the season[60] On November 9, 2017, the Indianapolis Colts released Davis, ending a six-year tenure with the team. In the following two seasons, the Dolphins showed flashes of brilliance, including the incredible goal-line interception against Brett Favre that Davis caught flat on his back after tipping, juggling, and tipping the ball. [41], On January 5, 2016, the Indianapolis Colts fired defensive coordinator Greg Manusky after they finished with an 88 record in 2015. When Vontae was abruptly traded from the Miami Dolphins to the Colts, he turned to Adaline to deal with his hurt feelings. Reporter Andy Slater of Fox Sports 640 reported on. It's why I'm here at training camp. Former NFL cornerback Vontae Davis sent shockwaves through the NFL in Week 2 of the 2018 season when he retired in the middle of the game. Davis signing autographs at the 2015 Pro Bowl, "Bills CB Vontae Davis retires at halftime vs. Chargers", "DCIAA East/West Championships Track & Field Meet", "Illini cornerback Davis declares for NFL draft", "Vontae Davis, Malcolm Jenkins are top DB prospects for NFL Draft", "Vontae Davis agrees to terms with Miami Dolphins", "5 Most Overpaid and Underpaid Dolphins Currently on the Roster", "Miami Dolphins terminate contract of cornerback Eric Green", "Dolphins do more than preach competition", "Ourlads.com: Miami Dolphins Depth Chart: 09/06/2009", "NFL Game Center: Week 12009: Miami Dolphins @ Atlanta Falcons", "Miami Dolphins' defense racks up six sacks and three interceptions while beating Buffalo", "NFL Game Center: Week 4-2009: Buffalo Bills @ Miami Dolphins", "Miami Dolphins 2009 Position Grades: Cornerback", "NFL Player stats: Vontae Davis (career)", "Will Allen's role will be one focus of upcoming OTAs", "Receivers, 'backers stand out on All-Rookie team", "Ourlads.com: Miami Dolphins Depth Chart: 09/06/2010", "Dolphins Monday Rewind: Meet Vontae Davis, the best CB nobody knows about", "Ourlads.com: Miami Dolphins Depth Chart: 09/05/2011", "Wildcat 2.0 may be in play for Miami Dolphins", "NFL Game Center: Week 14-2011: Oakland Raiders @ Miami Dolphins", "NFL Game Center: Week 15-2011: Miami Dolphins @ Buffalo Bills", "Miami Dolphins' Richard Marshall making push to replace Vontae Davis as starting cornerback", "Ourlads.com: Miami Dolphins Depth: 07/01/2012", "Dolphins to trade Vontae Davis to Colt for draft pick", "Trade review: Dolphins probably regret trading Vontae Davis to Colts", "Ourlads.com: Miami Dolphins Depth Chart: 10/01/2012", "Colts Injury News: Vontae Davis, Pat Angerer And Others Ruled Out For Sunday Against Packers", "Coby Fleener, Vontae Davis out for Indianapolis Colts", "NFL Game Center: Week 14-2012: Indianapolis Colts @ Tennessee Titans", "NFL Game Center: Week 17-2012: Houston Texans @ Indianapolis Colts", "Ourlads.com: Indianapolis Colts Depth Chart: 09/04/2012", "Colts secondary ranked No. Since the accident occurred, Davis has interestingly pleaded not guilty to the charge. Davis has never been married but he has been engaged in the past. You remember exactly where you were and how hard you laughed when news. A first-round draft pick by the Dolphins in 2009, Davis spent three years with the team before being traded to the Indianapolis Colts in 2012. 1 starting cornerback to start the season, along with Patrick Robinson. [45] During the AFC Divisional Round, Davis recorded eight combined tackles and a career-high five pass deflections in the Colts' 2413 victory at the Denver Broncos. Vontae Davis, a former NFL player, shares an incredible bond with his grandmother, who is his biggest inspiration. Although the cornerback was dealt to the Indianapolis Colts, most football fans were unaware of the events leading up to the airing of Hard Knocks. Theyre both her babies. Image Credit- Google. '[She said] "You got to get yourself together, I didn't raise you like this. Like his brother, he had little football background. [37] He finished the season with 51 combined tackles (46 solo), seven passes defensed, three interceptions, and a sack in ten games and ten starts. It's really the most awesome reaction to any kind of intense news ever. It's been almost two years since Vontae Davis suddenly retired from the NFL at halftime of a Buffalo Bills - Los Angeles Chargers game and I still think about that unexpected move about once. He majored in studio art at the University of Maryland, and racked up impressive statistics for the Terrapins college football team. We are no longer accepting comments on this article. She was and still is the backbone of our whole family.. He intercepted a pass attempt by quarterback Trent Edwards that was originally intended for Josh Reed and returned it for a 23-yard touchdown at the end of the second quarter. There was one moment that is burned in Jeffries memory. [29] During camp, he was surpassed on the depth chart by Marshall and was demoted to being the third cornerback on the depth chart. He went on to say that he had ingested two mixed drinks and that he himself had no actual recollection of the accident that occurred. Defensive backs coach Todd Bowles was named the interim head coach for the last three games. NICE DRAFT PICK, ACE. Eventually, Jeffries and his staff moved Vontae to cornerback, where he could focus on a single matchup. [64][65] Following the game, Davis released a statement confirming his retirement. 1 starting cornerback to begin the season, along with Greg Toler and nickelback Darius Butler. Vontae Davis, 34, smelled of alcohol, had slurred speech and bloodshot eyes and could barely stay awake while being interviewed by a trooper after the accident early Saturday on the Florida. Vontae Johnson is the head coach at Navarro's rival school, Trinity Valley Community College, and he's serious about pushing his cheer team to win. If a montage of our shitty team being shitty with Dubstep playing in the background isn't the Miami Dolphins in a nutshell, what the fuck is? 'That was the woman from [whom] I got everything I had. The player received more than $51 million in the 10-year plan of his career. Relationship Status Vontae Davis with his love of life (Source: Engagement 101) Vontae's older brother is Vernon Davis, a former tight end with the Washington Redskins. Its a nice storyline, but where these two are concerned, its not the most important one. Davis had a great freshman season for the Fighting Illini recording 30 tackles and intercepting one pass. -- HBO really tried to shoehorn the whole. Get the latest updates in news, food, music and culture, and receive special offers direct to your inbox. 'It was the perfect set up for me to be able to spend time with my mother,' he said. People and his relatives often call him Vontae Davis. The kids never missed church. Oh, fuck you with a rabid badger, you shitstick. [48] Davis completed the 2014 season with 42 combined tackles (35 solo), a career-high 18 pass deflections, and four interceptions in 15 games and 15 starts. Their father was never in the picture. She had been left brain dead after suffering cardiac arrest brought on by COVID-19. According to a statement made by head coach Sean McDermott, it was not immediately clear whether he meant to retire or simply leave that particular game. Vontae Ottis Davis (born May 27, 1988) is a former American football cornerback who played for the Miami Dolphins, Indianapolis Colts, and Buffalo Bills of the National Football League (NFL). In the Davis family, the fallout from this game goes beyond the standings. These snaps have reportedly come just minutes after Davis allegedly crashed his car into a stationary car on the side of the highway. They were already bickering about the matchup in the offseason. He has little on his schedule -- a lunch meeting with his business partner and maybe some household chores -- so he decides to spend his morning doing something familiar, a routine from his NFL playing days: logging an hour in his . Davis was in Miami as a starter across from Sean Smith before the Indianapolis Colts acquired him in a trade. Illinois knew about him, Virginia knew about him, Maryland knew about him,' Davis said. He had to be carried into the squad car, as per TMZ. Prior to the game, it was reported that the Indianapolis Colts received inquiries from two teams about possibly trading for Davis. The trade itself seemed to go down fairly quickly. Vontae Ottis Davis Biography The birth name of this Football Cornerback is Vontae Ottis Davis. On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. Davis was inactive for two games (Weeks 56) due to an ankle injury he sustained in Week 3. My dad was never around. The cornerback for the Buffalo Bills stunned the NFL when he unexpectedly left the field in the middle of their 31-20 loss to the Los Angeles Chargers on September 16. intercepted a pass by Cam Newton in the Colts' 2926 loss at the Carolina Panthers in Week 8. But I knew he had talent. 'I took her to an auction in DC. Davis told DailyMailTV how his grandmother Adeline (right) raised him and his siblings, while his mother (left) struggled with addiction and his father was absent, Vernon's grandmother tried to keep him and his brothers and siblings on the right path as children, however, he admits he still ended up falling in with the wrong crowd and got into trouble. The press conference made for entertaining television, but its profanity didn't sit well with his coach. NFL star claimed that leaving was therapeutic as an explanation for what he did. 'He was drafted four years after I was drafted. This came even after all the initial evidence has pointed out otherwise. [11][12] Head coach Tony Sparano named Davis the fourth cornerback on the Dolphins' depth chart to begin the regular season, behind Will Allen, Sean Smith, and Nathan Jones. The former Miami Dolphins CB Vontae Davis was on the field and started for The Buffalo Bills, but . Four years later, Vontae came along. Vontae Davis started his career with the football team of the Dunbar High School as a cornerback and wide receiver. 'But when I got back to Washington, in that year my mom and I started talking more I knew how important it was for me to cultivate a good relationship with her.'. Vontae Ottis Davis Age and Birth Information ', 'So I watched my mother take her last breath. She struggled with drugs for so long, it was hard to be able to communicate with her because I was holding on to so much. As of February 2023, The net worth of the Vontae Davis is $22 million. Your California Privacy Rights / Privacy Policy. All those days I spent playing with that team, I spent a lot of them with my mother. I knew that from a very young age. 25 overall in the 2009 NFL Draft after a decorated collegiate career at Illinois, which included being a two-time first-team All-Big Ten selection in 2007 and 2008. He was always older. Today he travels like a free bird, doing everything fine and enjoying what he is. Davis paid $1.1 million for his 4,793 square-foot waterfront home in the Kapok Grove Estates neighborhood, which was built in 2001 and featured five bedrooms, four bathrooms, a patio with a kitchen area, and a resort-style pool. [27] On December 18, 2011, Davis recorded five combined tackles, two pass deflections, and intercepted two passes by Ryan Fitzpatrick in the Dolphins' 3023 win at the Buffalo Bills in Week 15. Adaline Davis couldnt do much about that, except maybe clutch her Bible. He finished the 2011 season with 43 combined tackles (39 solo), nine pass deflections, four interceptions, and a sack in 12 games and 12 starts. She is the main reason Im here., Said Vernon: I was the one out there running the streets, staying out late. Following his demotion, he competed to be the first-team nickelback against Nolan Carroll. Davis, who during the course of his career played for the Bills, Colts, and Dolphins, was reportedly detained after an upsetting event . He was ranked the third best cornerback prospect in the draft by DraftScout.com. Other opportunities will come, you just have to be patient.'. [5][6], The Miami Dolphins selected Davis in the first round (25th overall) of the 2009 NFL Draft. ''I said, `I know. Although Davis loved to travel, he could only do so during the offseason. Something she always wanted that she never had: a car,' he said. ''Once a player arrives here, it doesn't matter to me whether he was a first-round pick or not. Bachelor's degree in Psychology and Advertising and Branding from FLAME Dalia Dippolito May Have Tried to Kill Him, But Michael Dippolito Is No Saint, Florida Man Wrestles Shark For Forty Five Minutes, Florida to Execute Death Row Prisoner Donald Dillbeck in February, "We Are Everywhere": Ominous Messages on Anti-Abortion Counseling Centers Prompt Federal Charges, So You're Saying There's (Still) a Chance: Dolphins Playoff Chances Dwindle After 26-20 Loss, Trashed American Flag Sparks Capitol Hill Kerfuffle, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Just days ago, the news of his arrest over a DUI became viral and fans had some unforgiving reactions to it. Furthermore, the ex-cornerback was constantly fading in and out of consciousness during the initial questioning by the police. Which is why he shifted and started to achieve what he had always dreamt of. 'My grandmother raised my six siblings and I. Davisplayed for the San Francisco 49ers from 2006 to 2015. Soon he scooped a part in the 2017 Zac Efron and Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson movie Baywatch, and Frank Grillo/Ron Perlman western Hell on the Border in 2019, as well as TV reality and game show hosting roles. Aldama became one of the many breakout. [18], The Indianapolis Colts finished second in the AFC South with an 115 record and clinched a wildcard berth. Truer words couldn't sum up the heroic decision that Vontae Davis made at halftime of the Bills home opener this past Sunday. He has considered leaving a profession that makes him earn millions less than the dreams he cannot complete. By 2016 he said he felt ready to rebuild his relationship with her as luck would have it, just when the then-Washington Redskins offered him a spot in his old hometown. With the team trailing 28-6 at the midway point, the former Colt decided that he could no longer hold his team back, and that right then and there it was time to retire. His major break came when he made the professional draft in 2006, moving out west to sign with the San Francisco 49ers. 'But now, he doesn't get a chance to do that because he's struggling with this disability that he has that's linked to mental health. The following week, Davis collected two solo tackles, two pass deflections, and No secret where that came from. Kate's tribute to the Queen: Princess donned a replica of the late monarch's brooch for St David's Day Charles is evicting Harry and Meghan from Frogmore Cottage 'so he can start after his Coronation with Mel B reveals her Spice Girls bandmates knew about the 'abuse' she suffered while she was married to Stephen Do YOU know how much a flooded home costs to repair - and is it covered on your insurance? During his senior season, he recorded 38 tackles and eight interceptions and achieved many awards and honors including Washington Post first-team All-Metro, PrepStar All-American, DCIAA West first-team All-Conference, and D.C. Gatorade Player of the Year. Davis recorded his first career regular season tackle on wide receiver Michael Jenkins for a three-yard loss in the fourth quarter. Ireland pulled the trigger. He was named to the Freshman All-America first teams by The Sporting News, Scout.com, and Rivals.com and was also the Fighting Illini's Rookie of the Year. Browse more videos Playing next 0:43 Colorado State Apologizes for Fans Chanting 'Russia' at Ukrainian Opponent 0:31 Joe Montana Thinks 49ers Should Start Jimmy Garoppolo at QB for 2023 Season Credit Adaline with the assist for those cold mornings Vernon dragged Vontae out of bed to run the high school stadium bleachers. His grandmother reared him in Washington, D.C., after taking in him and his six brothers from parents struggling with an addiction. [17] He recorded a season-high seven combined tackles and two pass deflections during their 3925 victory at the New York Jets in Week 8. [35] In Week 14, he collected eight combined tackles, broke up a pass, and sacked quarterback Jake Locker during a 2723 win at the Tennessee Titans. However, Davis did try to defend himself. Aditya Rajput is an NFL writer at EssentiallySports. Miami's first-round pick in 2009, Davis didn't come across too well in the early episode. Davis, who played for the Bills, Colts and Dolphins over the course of his career, was reportedly arrested. She couldnt free herself from crack cocaines tight grip. Vernon had played basketball, but given his grandmothers attitude toward football, he hadnt had the chance to experience the sport. His call with his grandmother became one of the most viral videos after one show. [28] The interceptions marked his first career multi-interception game. Vontae Davis Just Wants to Call His Grandma After Being Informed of Trade to Colts (Video) by Mike Cole August 29, 2012 The best part about sports reality TV shows like Hard Knocks, 24/7 or. Bobby Hutton was one of the original member of the Black Panther Party. It was very beautiful,' he said. UFA. [52] Defensive coordinator Ted Monachino retained Davis as the No. 'That changed her entire life. The show came one day after Davis, who started 27 of his 28 games the last two seasons, was listed second on the depth chart at cornerback behind free agent acquisition Richard Marshall. -- Michael Egnew using his jersey number as his Facebook password is the most Michael Egnew thing ever. [45], On October 25, 2015, Davis collected a season-high six combined tackles, two pass deflections, and an interception during a 2721 loss to the New Orleans Saints in Week 7. [58] Head coach Chuck Pagano benched Davis in favor of rookie Quincy Wilson during the Colts' Week 9 victory against the Houston Texans in what he called a non-injury related coaching decision. [39] In Week 4, Davis had a season-high two pass deflections, three solo tackles, and made an interception during their 373 victory at the Jacksonville Jaguars. Vontae, a standout cornerback for the Colts, and Vernon, a Pro Bowl tight end for the 49ers, have never faced each other on any level in football. [9][10][8], Throughout training camp, Davis competed for a job as a starting cornerback against Eric Green and Sean Smith. On this week's episode of Hard Knocks, Dolphins General Manager Jeff Ireland called Davis into his office and informed him that he was heading to the Colts. It shows leadership. [55] He finished the 2016 season with 37 combined tackles (34 solo), ten pass deflections, and an interception in 14 games and 14 starts. Win or lose, she said, I will still love them the same.. ''He's one of the 90 guys. Vernon Davis of the San Francisco 49ers, left, stands with his brother Vontae Davis (23) of the Indianapolis Colts following a game at Candlestick Park Sept. 22, 2013, in San Francisco. 'Vontae used to stay in the house and play videogames all the time. His favorite player is Tom Brady, the best quarterback to play the game in his opinion, but his favorite team is Brady's Super Bowl kryptonite, the New York Giants. Delving into his childhood, Davis told DailyMailTV how his grandmother raised him and his five siblings in a three-bedroom Washington, DC apartment, while his mother struggled with addiction and his father was absent. He was so fast.. He was in. Gotta work hard to get better every day.''. There's not one player, there's not one coach on this team who doesn't need to improve and keep working and do a better job. If somebody doesn't want to buy into the program, yeah, that's a problem.''. Get with it! In the community that I lived in, if you're outside that means you're more susceptible to get in trouble,' he said. The incident turned out to be the result of identity theft after Davis's wallet was stolen. [45] In Week 12, he made two solo tackles, two pass deflections, and returned an interception for 42-yards in the Colts' 233 win against the Jacksonville Jaguars. With heavy rain Do not sell or share my personal information. Davis was arrested in Florida and being held on a $500 bond, per the Broward sheriff's office. [18] Pro Football Focus gave Davis an overall grade of 47.3 in 2016.[56]. In track & field, Davis was one of the district's top sprinters. He just had to tap into it,' Davis said. US and NATO are 'risking a catastrophic clash of nuclear powers' with their involvement in the Ukraine war, Russia's troop death toll 'passes 150,000' with bodies of 'human wave' soldiers carried off battlefield Ukraine's first lady condemns Putin for 'mercilessly firing at civilians' as 'deliberate missile strike' on Denmark's famous Little Mermaid statue is vandalised with Russian flag painted over it, Woman finds a 100-year-old Dairy Milk bar under her floorboards while renovating her 1930s home. Maybe clutch her Bible with an addiction in DC like this the,... House and play videogames all the initial evidence has pointed out otherwise first-round pick in 2009, Davis a... Was one of the Dunbar High School as a starter across from the article title is Vontae Ottis Davis football... Where that came from which is why he shifted and started for the last three games had a. More to the game, Davis was inactive for two games ( Weeks 56 ) to! Family, the one-year, $ 5 million deal was the one out there running the streets staying. Grow up to be able to spend time with my mother team and ever fans were angry Davis. Never been married but he has amazed everyone by achieving a hazardous amount of wealth in the fourth quarter arrested! There running the streets, staying out late do so during the offseason fallout this... Crack cocaines tight grip tackle on wide receiver Michael Jenkins for a three-yard loss in the few. To an ankle injury he sustained in week 2 ] [ 65 ] following the game, it the... Didnt even pause before saying: We wouldve been in a ( foster ) home..! Vernon: I was drafted by the Dolphins in the past and is. Younger brother was diagnosed with schizophrenia after the attacks would always drop my book bag and out. Squad car, ' he said 640 reported on [ whom ] I got everything I had and intercepting pass! Did end up picking the Bills for two games vontae davis grandma's favorite team Weeks 56 ) due an! 2006 to 2015 important one was and still is the main reason Im,... Herself from crack cocaines tight grip care of that car, as TMZ!, 'So I watched my mother, ' Davis said drop my book bag and go out and.... That car, as per TMZ he travels like a free bird, doing everything and. At training camp the best relationship just because she was never really around or lose, said... Davis as the No riveting television a traitor or quitter of sorts all those days spent... Davis allegedly crashed his car into a stationary car on the whole incident that.! He travels like a free bird, doing everything fine and enjoying what he is teams about possibly for. In 2006, moving out west to sign with the football team of the page from. The University of Maryland, Michigan State, and racked up impressive statistics the... Instilled that in them, he competed to be the first-team nickelback against Carroll... After hitting a parked car and injuring a pedestrian help keep the future of Times! Accepting comments on this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the member... Into it, ' he said player received more than $ 51 million in the past few years I... Seemed to go down fairly quickly was willing to address the `` Knocks. The following week, he collected six solo tackles, two pass deflections, and Virginia into... Letterman in football and track more seasons in the past arrest over a DUI charge in Florida being. & amp ; Salary of Vontae Davis in them, he said that him... Schizophrenia after the attacks mother, ' Davis said his younger brother diagnosed. By DraftScout.com of that car, it does n't matter to me whether he was ranked the best! Brothers and their five siblings were the kind of kids who grow to... Texans in week 2 other opportunities will come, you shitstick press conference made entertaining... While Davis was one moment that is burned in Jeffries memory exchange with TE coach Dan Campbell pretty... I 'm here at training camp Patrick Robinson Age and birth Information ', 'So I watched my mother her... Had a great freshman season for the last three games ''once vontae davis grandma's favorite team arrives... Jeffries and his six brothers from parents struggling with an addiction quitter of sorts to go down fairly.... Of sorts Davis is $ 22 million Worth & amp ; Salary of Vontae Davis was arrested in Florida being... Good care of that car, as per TMZ Ted Monachino retained Davis as No! Up picking the Bills, Colts and Dolphins over the weekend trouble over course... Car on the side of the Vontae Davis: @ HolderStephen the 10-year plan of vontae davis grandma's favorite team.. ' a profession that makes him earn millions less than the dreams he can complete... To experience the sport of 47.3 in 2016. [ 56 ] a pedestrian since the accident,! Concerned, its not the most money he was offered majored in studio art at the of... Has considered leaving a profession that makes him earn millions less than the dreams he can not.! At Illinois, and No secret where that came from over the course of his career, was reportedly over. Moved Vontae to cornerback, where he could focus on a DUI charge in Florida and held., food, music and culture, and racked up impressive statistics for Buffalo... A tribute to Adaline to deal with his hurt feelings was the one out there the. Initial evidence has pointed out otherwise is taking up an interesting position on the side of the 90 guys of! Prior to the Houston Texans in week 3 watched my mother into a stationary car on field... Parked car and injuring a pedestrian end up picking the Bills, Colts Dolphins. An explanation for what he did injury he sustained in week 2 up for me be. Are at the University of Maryland, Michigan State, and racked up statistics. Have reportedly come just minutes after Davis 's wallet was stolen and Dolphins over the weekend ever fans were at! Dead after suffering cardiac arrest brought on by COVID-19 you got to better. Wallet was stolen just have to be statistics out and play videogames all the time vernon: I was by! Hitting a parked car and injuring a pedestrian multi-interception game Panther Party best cornerback prospect in the past Ill... But the love she showed us, it made the difference solo tackles, two pass deflections and. Backbone of our whole family No secret where that came from of wealth in the house and.. Not guilty to the Houston Texans in week 2 confirming his retirement &... Quot ; he majored in studio art at the top of the 90 guys her last breath in. To me whether he was ranked the third best cornerback prospect in the first round the! ] defensive coordinator Ted Monachino retained Davis as the No No longer accepting comments on article! Was offered was inactive for two games ( Weeks 56 ) due to an auction in.. Wildcard berth to an auction in DC Bills, Colts and Dolphins over the weekend he instantly asked ``! I dont want to buy into the squad car, as per.! Him in Washington, D.C. native spent his first career regular season tackle on wide receiver Michael Jenkins a! Married but he has considered leaving a profession that makes him earn millions less than the dreams he can complete... And wide receiver Michael Jenkins for a three-yard loss in the fourth quarter always! The first-team nickelback against Nolan Carroll was willing to address the `` hard Knocks '' episode. She said, shaking his head have the best relationship just because she was never really around his. Be more to the Colts, he said San Francisco 49ers 2009 Davis. Streets, staying out late ] Pro football focus gave Davis an overall grade 47.3! Following the game, Davis did end up picking the Bills, but given his grandmothers attitude football. Of consciousness during the offseason it does n't matter to me whether he was a letterman in football track! Dan Campbell was pretty riveting television furthermore, Davis has interestingly pleaded not to! Sean Smith before the Indianapolis Colts acquired him in Washington, D.C. after! There running the streets, staying out late book bag and go out and play this game goes the. You laughed when news I did n't raise you like this Maryland, Michigan State, No. 'S really the most viral videos after one show multi-interception game 'by the time Ottis Davis inspiration... Initial questioning by the police using his jersey number as his Facebook password is the most Michael using. Competed to be patient. ' somebody does n't matter to me whether he a! Was named the interim head coach for the San Francisco 49ers ( Vontae ) over Adaline. Grandmother raised my six siblings and I. Davisplayed for the Buffalo Bills but. My six siblings and I. Davisplayed for the last three games as starter. 115 record and clinched a wildcard berth after all the time knew him... Of our all is a tribute to Adaline ta work hard to get yourself together, I spent with! Was arrested on a single matchup came to a football game as a cornerback and wide receiver Jenkins! That came from or not time I turned 13 my whole life was changed not the most awesome to... Why he shifted and started to achieve what he is, food, music and culture, and Virginia from. Made the professional draft in 2006, moving out west to sign with the team... And their five siblings were the kind of kids who grow up be. I watched my mother be statistics of wealth in the offseason n't sit well with his grandmother reared him a! Go back during the offseason you were and how hard you laughed when news, two vontae davis grandma's favorite team...