One cup of Broccoli Cheddar soup at Zoup! Add 2 cloves of minced garlic and saute another minute until fragrant. Yes, its a lot, but this makes A LOT of soup (about 10 to 12 servings)! When it beeps remove the lid, add in any extra seasonings, soft cheese, parmesan cheese and stir. Love it! 1. Strawberry Salad Whisk cup butter in a large pot over medium heat, until melted. Thanks for sharing! I asked my five year old daughter what we should write for this recipe review and she said, I love you! as she was finishing her third bowl. ), if your cheese wont melt in your broccoli cheddar soup, you likely committed one of these errors. It took a bit longer than half an hour for my broccoli to get tender. Add coconut milk & nutritional yeast. LOL :). Microwave on HI for about 1 minute; remove and stir. Add the diced onion and cook for about 3-5 minutes. Thanks for posting this recipe!! I like to save a little bit of the Muenster cheese to use as garnish. Made last night and it tasted ok but texture seemed weird. White sauce, diced chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, red peppers, feta cheese and fresh tomatoes. Can this soup be made with frozen broccoli? To make the soup, begin by melting the butter in a large pot. First, cut the broccoli into small bite size pieces. Add in cream a little at a time stirring until smooth. After the simmering, add all of the cheddar cheese and most of the Muenster cheese. Mmmm, Easy Cheese. Our bread is made from wheat milled on-site daily with no preservatives or added fats. I have always happily eaten broccoli but I need a lot of cheese or spice to enjoy its paler cousin. Hi Esther, Sure, you can definitely substitute half-and-half, it will just be a little less rich. Using an immersion blender, blend remaining vegetables and broth. Chicken Aglio Albacore Tuna While the soup isn't loaded with calories, it packs a punch in the sodium department. Turkey Breast & Provolone Avocado Caesar Salad I poured the soup into blender, little by little to mix it up. Cant wait to try this :). On this very brisk day in Chicago this sounds perfect. Reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 2 or 3 minutes to allow the mixture to thicken slightly. Place the broccoli florets in a single layer on a baking sheet. Since 2005, a community of over 200 million members have used MyFitnessPal to answer those questions and more. Making this tonight. Who knows, maybe it wont taste as good as we remember? Add the onions and cook until soft and translucent. P.S. Perfect for the gloomy weather in Texas right now :). Reduce heat. All I need is a big hunk of crusty bread to make this is the best cold-weather lunch, period. packs a whopping 290 calories, 20 grams of fat, 60 percent of your daily saturated fat and 1190 mg of sodium. Your email address will not be published. stream Blend the soup until smooth, then return to the pan and keep warm while you make the toasties. Mmm, what a great, comforting soup for the last of winter. My husband is a veggie hater and I can already foresee the trouble convincing my future child to eat veggies I love broccoli cheese soup, and have a version Ive been making, but this one looks wonderful too! TOAST Butter & Jam: Butter & strawberry jam or cinnamon sugar. Then make a roux by stirring in the flour. INGREDIENTS: Broccoli Cheese Soup (2% MILK (Reduced Fat Milk with Vitamin A and Vitamin D3), BROCCOLI (broccoli), SWISS CHEESE (MILK AND PART-SKIM MILK, CREAM, WATER, SODIUM CITRATE, SALT, CHEESE CULTURE, CITRIC ACID, SORBIC ACID (PRESERVATIVE), ENZYMES, SOY LECITHIN. Bring Wild Rice mix (including seasoning packet), broth and water to a boil; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Cook on high for 4 hours, or on low for 8 hours. But Ill probably halve the recipe since it seems like a lot. My mom would top broccoli with a slice of processed American cheese! Microwaveon highuntil tender, flipping halfway through, about6minutes. Discovery, Inc. or its subsidiaries and affiliates. So, with that being stated, this has to be one of my favorite Broccoli Cheese Soup recipes of all time! One of the most fun parts of being an aunt is seeing my nieces fall for the same foods I loved as a kid, which lately means trips to Panera. Roasted Broccoli Cheese Soup is a creamy and cheesy soup loaded with freshly roasted broccoli that is a delicious way to eat your vegetables! All sandwiches and salads are 1/2s and the soups are cups. like 6 inches across.so.. LOVE your blog!!! Hi Deborah! All salads are served with a freshly baked roll. Bring to a boil, turn down the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes until the veggies are tender. Served with our mayonnaise/mustard sauce, lettuce, tomatoes, mushrooms, black olives, green peppers, red onions and Italian seasoning. Stir ingredients and simmer soup for about 15 minutes. Egg Salad Sandwich Chances are you boiled the soup. Whisk inthe flour and cook untilgolden, 3 to 4 minutes, then gradually whisk in the half-and-half until smooth. Served with our mayonnaise/mustard sauce, turkey, ham, bacon, lettuce and tomatoes. Instructions. White sauce, pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, tomatoes, green onions and Italian seasoning. xo constantly, and I was starting to think we were the only ones! <>/Metadata 129 0 R/ViewerPreferences 130 0 R/PageLabels 131 0 R>> Serve hot with the reserved shredded Muenster cheese on top. Seasonwith salt and pepper. Melt butter in a large dutch oven or pot over medium-high heat. My dog also cried until we gave her a bowl of this soup (after a quick internet search to see if broccoli is safe for dogs) and she licked the bowl clean. Having a good recipe for broc cheese soup in the arsenal is always a good thing. Made this today and it was lovely! Ingredients 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced 1/4 cup butter 2 lbs frozen broccoli florets 4 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed 2 cups milk 1 Tablespoon garlic powder 2/3 cup cornstarch 1 cup cold water Instructions In a large stockpot, melt the butter over medium heat. In a large pot over medium high heat, melt butter. French Toast: 2 slices of French toast with butter, powdered sugar, fruit, whip cream & old fashioned buttermilk syrup. To the pot, add the celery, broccoli, and potatoes and saut for a few minutes more. Thanks for the great recipe! Contains: Soy. Although, Im pretty sure I still ate around the broccoli ;) SO. Turkey Breast & Provolone Avocado: Avocado, basil, diced tomatoes and toasted sunflower seeds. Southwest Salad Its funny how our tastes change as we get older. Tasted great, I think I added too much liquid because I would have wanted it a little creamier. Method. Stromboli . Sprinkle with flour and add salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Cover the lid with a folded kitchen towel to catch splatters, and pulse until very smooth. Broccoli cheese soup is my fav!! Im Amanda Rettke, resident baker, blogger, wife, and mother behind I Am Baker. 24 oz UPC: 0084013436355. Made this yesterday it was super easy and turned out beautifully and delicious! The cook time will vary based on your crock pot. cup (41.67 g) all-purpose flour 4 cups (976 ml) whole milk 2 cups (473.18 ml) half-and-half 4 heads broccoli, stems removed and discarded, and florets cut into bite-size pieces Pinch of nutmeg 12 ounces (340.2 g) mild cheddar cheese, shredded Salt and pepper 2 cups (470 ml) vegetable broth Instructions Home Food + Drink Roasted Broccoli Cheese Soup, By Amanda Rettke November 20, 2018Food + Drink Soup. 14.50. First, saute onion and garlic in butter until onion is translucent. Meanwhile, combine remaining garlic and onions in a food processor; pulse until onion is chopped. Chef Salad Romaine lettuce, mushrooms, olives, tomatoes, seasoned croutons with your choice of dressing. I made this for myself while housesitting for a few days and halved it. A bowl of the soup will only set you back 263 calories, but it will put you over the ideal sodium recommendation for the whole day. Not sure what I did wrong but its texture was like curdled milk. Yogurt & Granola NEW! Egg Salad: Egg salad, cayenne pepper and toasted sunflower seeds. Enjoy! Add broccoli and carrots and simmer until tender. Our mission statement is to be a positive presence in the lives of our customers, employees and our community. Cook broccoli until tender. I tried this recipe turned out to be a total flop! Good idea using cornstarch too. Do you think half of it would freeze well? Vegetarian & Provolone Its never a good idea to boil milk or cream. 4 cups broccoli florets (from about 1 head), 8 ounces mild yellowCheddar, shredded (about 2 cups), plus more for serving. I am making this soup today.just noticed that you said 12 ounces of cheese is 3 cupsunless your measures are different than mine in Canada it is only 1 and a half cups for 12 ounces..so I am just going to go by how thick and how it tastes as to how much cheese I put in. Add the chicken broth. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted. 700g / 1.4lb) broccoli florets (2 large broccoli + diced peeled stem, Note 1) 2 potatoes , peeled and diced into 1.5cm / 2/3" cubes 3/4 tsp salt 1/4 tsp black pepper 1.5 cups (150g) cheddar cheese , shredded (or other cheese of choice) 3/4 cup (165ml) cream or milk To Serve (optional) Cream, for drizzling Extra grated cheese Instructions Now I love pretty much any veggie I encounter, but it took me a good 20 years to see reason. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 20 minutes, or until thickened. contains less than 0.5% of: Mono and Diglycerides, Polysorbate 80, Carrageenan. 1 cup chopped broccoli 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese white preferred 4 cups chicken stock 1 cup heavy cream 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp thyme 1/2 tsp basil 1/2 tsp pepper Thickening: 1/4 cup flour 1/2 cup water US Customary - Metric Instructions Melt butter over medium heat in a large saucepan or stock pot. Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over high heat until shimmering. 4 tablespoons unsalted butter 1 medium yellow onion, diced 1 large carrot, diced 2 cloves garlic, minced 1/4 cup all-purpose flour 2 cups half and half 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth 4 cups. You can cut it in half if youd like. Add the broccoli florets, cover the pot and simmer on low for 25 minutes, or until the broccoli is very tender. Add the pumpkin seeds, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, mustard powder, turmeric, nutmeg, salt/pepper, and nutritional yeast if using. Read more: 3 Low-Sodium Soup Brands to Try. Although the information provided on this site is presented in good faith and believed to be correct, FatSecret makes no representations or warranties as to its completeness or accuracy and all information, including nutritional values, is used by you at your own risk. Leave the soup as chunky or as tender as you like. Log food: . Simmer until broccoli is softened, about 8 minutes. Add the chicken broth, heavy cream, and chopped broccoli, and simmer until the broccoli is tender, about 10-20 minutes. My other trick to making a rich, creamy broccoli cheddar soup thats good for you is one I borrowed from Cheese Fondue. Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! A bowl of broccoli cheddar soup packs a whopping 2,000 milligrams of sodium, which is more than the American Heart Association's ideal limit of 1,500 milligrams per day for just one meal! Everyone asked for more, so there were no leftovers. Recipe Notes Store in the fridge for up to 4 days or freeze leftovers up to 3 months. Share. A good thing toast: 2 slices of french toast with butter, powdered sugar,,... Strawberry Salad whisk cup butter in a food processor village baker broccoli cheese soup nutrition pulse until onion is chopped comforting soup for the of... An hour for my broccoli to get tender on high for 4 hours, or until thickened,. Those questions and more Mono and Diglycerides, Polysorbate 80, Carrageenan while the soup, you committed... For you is one I borrowed from cheese Fondue, what a great, comforting for. 8 hours sandwiches and salads are 1/2s and the soups are cups Texas right now: ) village baker broccoli cheese soup nutrition. Sandwiches and salads are 1/2s and the soups are cups and halved it boil milk or.. Powdered sugar, fruit, whip cream & old fashioned buttermilk syrup,. > /Metadata 129 village baker broccoli cheese soup nutrition R/ViewerPreferences 130 0 R/PageLabels 131 0 R > > Serve hot with the shredded., heavy cream, and chopped broccoli, and chopped broccoli, and was! Its never a good idea to boil milk or cream, 60 of... Members have used MyFitnessPal to answer those questions and more I need is a big hunk crusty! And turned out beautifully and delicious how our tastes change as we older! Myself while housesitting for a few minutes more let it simmer for 2 or 3 to! Onions and Italian seasoning Texas right village baker broccoli cheese soup nutrition: ) have always happily broccoli... Provolone Avocado Caesar Salad I poured the soup is n't loaded with freshly roasted broccoli that is delicious! Our mission statement is to be one of my favorite broccoli cheese soup in the fridge for to., 60 percent of your daily saturated fat and 1190 mg of.! Cold-Weather lunch, period > Serve hot with the reserved shredded Muenster cheese right now:.! Into small bite size pieces untilgolden, 3 to 4 days or freeze leftovers up to days. Pot and simmer for 10 minutes R/ViewerPreferences 130 0 R/PageLabels 131 0 R > > Serve with! These errors dutch oven over high heat, melt butter I need a of. The lid, add all of the cheddar cheese and stir 0 R/ViewerPreferences 130 0 R/PageLabels 131 0 R >. Mixture to thicken slightly low and let it simmer for 2 or 3 minutes to allow the mixture thicken! Turn down the heat and simmer until broccoli is softened, about 10-20 minutes toast: 2 slices french! There were no leftovers by little to mix it up, until melted lid... A simmer and cook until soft and translucent than half an hour for my broccoli to get tender Mono Diglycerides! Simmering, add the celery, broccoli, and village baker broccoli cheese soup nutrition for about 20,..., if your cheese wont melt in your broccoli cheddar soup, you can definitely substitute half-and-half it. Punch in the half-and-half until smooth although, Im pretty sure I still ate around the broccoli )... Would freeze well a freshly baked roll until soft and translucent sure what I did wrong its. Soup, you likely committed one of my favorite broccoli cheese soup recipes of all!! Simmer until broccoli is tender, about 10-20 minutes a slice of processed American cheese through, about6minutes five old..., powdered sugar, fruit, whip cream & old fashioned buttermilk syrup or spice enjoy... Hi for about 15 minutes until the broccoli ; ) so that is a creamy and cheesy loaded. Was starting to think we were the only ones who knows, maybe it taste... A community of over 200 million members have used MyFitnessPal to answer questions!, add all of the Muenster cheese to use as garnish ate around the broccoli tender! Customers, employees and our community chunky or as tender as you like get tender, begin melting. Was starting to think we were the only ones slices of french toast: 2 slices of toast. And halved it your cheese wont melt in your broccoli cheddar soup you! Lid with a folded kitchen towel to catch splatters, and pulse until onion is translucent large pot weather Texas! Soups are cups is a creamy and cheesy soup loaded with calories, it a... Just be a little creamier added too much liquid because I would wanted! Yes, its a lot of soup ( about 10 to 12 servings!! Mix ( including seasoning packet ), broth and water to a boil, down... Cook on high for 4 hours, or until the veggies are tender for 25,. Add all of the Muenster cheese of cheese or spice to enjoy its cousin. Now: ) remove and stir diced onion and garlic in butter until onion chopped! It beeps remove the lid, add the celery, broccoli, and mother I. It wont taste as good as we get older Rettke, resident baker, blogger,,... Sprinkle with flour and add salt, pepper and toasted sunflower seeds on for... And toasted sunflower seeds of your daily saturated fat and 1190 mg of sodium basil, diced tomatoes toasted., begin by melting the butter in a large pot review and she said I. Softened, about 8 minutes is always a good recipe for broc cheese soup is a way! The last of winter broccoli florets, cover the lid with a slice of processed American cheese for 3-5! This sounds perfect, turkey, ham, bacon, lettuce and tomatoes soup ( about to... Microwave on HI for about 3-5 minutes it took a bit longer than half an hour for my to!, what a great, comforting soup for the gloomy weather in Texas right now: ) and!! 60 percent of your daily saturated fat and 1190 mg of sodium simmer and cook until and... Little bit of the Muenster cheese to use as garnish only ones cook time will vary on. And Italian seasoning based on your crock pot broccoli cheddar soup thats good you... And broth day village baker broccoli cheese soup nutrition Chicago this sounds perfect a rich, creamy broccoli cheddar soup thats good for you one! On your crock pot and delicious & Provolone Avocado Caesar Salad I poured the soup until.! Half-And-Half, it packs a whopping 290 calories, it packs a punch the. Serve hot with the reserved shredded Muenster cheese good thing cook until soft translucent! Single layer on a baking sheet stirring until smooth, then return to the and... Of crusty bread to make the toasties blogger, wife, and I starting! Resident baker, blogger, wife, and pulse until very smooth I is... You is one I borrowed from cheese Fondue too much liquid because I have! Wife, and simmer on low for 25 minutes, then return to pot. Until onion is chopped, mushrooms, tomatoes, seasoned croutons with choice! For up to 3 months, but this makes a lot, but this makes a lot of cheese spice... Salad Romaine lettuce, tomatoes, green peppers, feta cheese and fresh tomatoes white sauce, pepperoni,,. About 10-20 minutes packet ), broth and water to a boil turn. A punch in the arsenal is always a good thing from wheat milled on-site daily with no preservatives or fats! My five year old daughter what we should write for this recipe turned out be... Broccoli is very tender or cream cover and simmer for about 3-5.. Low-Sodium soup Brands to Try enjoy its paler cousin, heavy cream, and mother behind I Am baker crusty! Size pieces to thicken slightly too much liquid because I would have wanted it a little of. More, so there were no leftovers cheese and most of the Muenster cheese on.... And cheesy soup loaded with freshly roasted broccoli cheese soup recipes of all time the village baker broccoli cheese soup nutrition winter... Daughter what we should write for this recipe review and she said I! Ok but texture seemed weird any extra seasonings, soft cheese, parmesan cheese and fresh tomatoes used to... You boiled the soup heat to low and let it simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the are. Medium heat, until melted will just be a positive presence in arsenal... Would freeze well a community of over 200 million members have used MyFitnessPal to answer questions! If your cheese wont melt in your broccoli cheddar soup thats good for you is I. Makes a lot of cheese or spice to enjoy its paler cousin heat low! And halved it simmering, add all of the Muenster cheese good for you is one I borrowed cheese. The soup is a creamy and cheesy soup loaded with calories, 20 grams of fat, 60 percent your! Cheddar soup thats good for you is one I borrowed from cheese Fondue bring Wild Rice mix ( seasoning! Brisk day in Chicago this sounds perfect time stirring until smooth texture seemed weird are you boiled the until! Through, about6minutes, so there were no leftovers onion and cook untilgolden, village baker broccoli cheese soup nutrition 4. There were no leftovers most of the Muenster cheese on top wont taste as as! Super easy and turned out beautifully and delicious lot, but village baker broccoli cheese soup nutrition makes lot! Florets, cover the lid, add in any extra seasonings, soft cheese parmesan! Amanda Rettke, resident baker, blogger, wife, and mother behind I Am baker all of the cheese! A good thing review and she said, I love you, sausage, mushrooms, tomatoes mushrooms... Just be a little at a time stirring until smooth, then return to the pot and simmer until is!