But us NFL fans love the pursuit of a sub-4.3 time, don't we? I didn't want him to because I was afraid he'd get hurt -- he always had the tightest hamstrings, he's already run twice, and he wasn't even loose. When he hits the ball in the gap, I get pretty excited.. Those are the top 20 40 times overall. Shortstop Trea Turner of the World Series champion Washington Nationals is second at 30.4 feet per second and Minnesota Twins outfielder Byron Buxton is third at Palmer quickly established himself as the Cornhuskers' go-to target and secured 71 passes for 1,043 yards and nine touchdowns. It was, at the time at least, the top max speed on a triple this season. NC State was one of the few Division I programs to give Trea Turner a look in high school. I was like, holy cow. Yet he was confident Turner would seamlessly transition to center field because of his instincts and speed even though he hadnt played there much since high school. Hes halfway home by the time the pitcher catches the ball. "The second time he was upset, and that made him work a little harder. He racked up personal-best totals of 1,452 yards and 14 touchdowns, finishing his ECU career with 3,027 yards on a sterling 6.5 per attempt. Let's head to the track. Turner entered this past season and has one final year left for salary arbitration, which means he is well on his way to becoming a free agent after the 2022 season. Monday night. Even when he showed up at N.C. State, catcher Brett Austin wasn't sure Turner was in the right place. "I don't think I was a very good high school player," Turner said. Turner has learned to use his lower half to generate electricity. Nobody expected him to do anything because he's standing flat-footed. Trea Turner signed a 1 year / $21,000,000 contract with the Los Angeles Dodgers, including $21,000,000 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $21,000,000. Cool Papa Bell was one of the speediest players in baseball history. the official stats partner of the NBA, NHL and MLB. I belong to a place situated at the head of The India, The City of temples, the city of love and passion, Jammu, Jammu and Kashmir. He just went from pretty good D1 speed to this guy could be a prospect. Josh Byrnes, former Padres GM (and current Dodgers exec): "The analogy we used with Trea was the AlterG treadmill. NFL Combine 40-yard dash schedule. Trea Vance Turner is an American professional baseball ET on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, and will open at 2 p.m. for defensive backs on Sunday. Even the steal of home was a non-competitive play. Nationals playoff dreams are foiled again, Starting Strasburg is fine -- but if Nationals don't hit, they're done, Tanner Roark's Game 4 mission: Beat the D.C. sports curse, Facing NLDS elimination again, it's 'hero time' for Nationals, Max Scherzer starting Game 3 is best of all worlds for Nationals, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. But there were a couple instances during that series in Washington where he surprised our guys with just how fast he was. Derius Davis, however, played a pivotal part of that success. And it plays in the game. Wide receiver Trae Turner runs official 4.51-second 40-yard dash at 2022 combine. Triple T, Triple Trea or T, More Trea Turner Pages at Baseball Reference, 2022 Dodgers (renews at {{format_dollars}}{{start_price}}{{format_cents}}/month + tax). I hear it all the time, that Im fast for a white guy, Turner said. Gibbs said he posted a 4.32-second run as a freshman at Georgia Tech, per Mike Rodak of AL.com. He didnt run track in high school or college the only other sport he played was golf during his senior year of high school. Along with Palmer and Davis, receivers of note are Princeton's Andrei Iosivas, Tennessee's Jalin Hyatt and UAB's Trea Shropshire. The strong campaign earned him a trip to the Senior Bowl, where Dane Brugler of The Athletic noted Palmer sprinted to a max speed of 21.15 miles per hour. Washington was exclusively a pinch runner for the As, stealing 31 bases in 48 tries. ", Teal Turner, sister: "Our family is runners. I am a student and a blogger all alone, Gurmeet. More power, Turner knows, will help him stand out in a sport that rarely celebrates speed. Trea Turner is on Twitter at treavturner. Philadelphias Roman Quinn, the fifth fastest overall, was ranked fastest prospect in the country by Baseball America as a Florida high school player in 2011. So fast he could get out of bed, turn the lights out across the room, and be back in bed before it got dark. Trea Vance Turner is an American professional baseball shortstop for Major League Baseballs Los Angeles Dodgers. If the Washington Nationals rookie sensation can do that, he can leg out a few extra hits, the theory goes. 69-year-old suffers stroke in his home; Realtor showing house leaves him there. Among players who averaged 10-plus rushing attempts in 2022, Mitchell ranked second nationally with 7.2 yards per carry. It's like he keeps getting faster. High School: Park Vista Community HS (Lake Worth, FL), School: North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC), Debut: Positions: Big game, packed house. If invited to the NFL Combine look for Turner to post a more than adequate 40 yard dash time. I won't tell Tre that, but yeah," UC receivers coach Mike Brown said 'begrudgingly,' according to Williams. Perhaps a fortified Turner will appease his college coach with a bunt hit. Trea Turner was drafted by the Pittsburgh Pirates in the 20th round of the 2011 MLB June Amateur Draft from Park Vista Community HS (Lake Worth, FL) and the San Diego Padres in the 1st round (13th) of the 2014 MLB June Amateur Draft from North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC). It is based primarily on full speed runs from home to first on ground balls, and going two bases at a time on a single hit. https://www.nfl.com/videos/tre-turner-runs-40-yard-dash-at-2022-combine Trea's in my lane. He also scored once as a runner, returned two punts for touchdowns and served as the Horned Frogs' full-time kick returner. ", Stubblefield: "I played against Billy Hamilton in A-ball, and Trea Turner's right there with him. I say low 4.4, Trea was clocked at 22.7mph on a triple earlier in his career. Another time, with dozens of scouts in attendance, Avent and his staff clocked Turner at 6.25 seconds in a 60-yard dash; an average runner is usually in the 6.76.9 So Trea offered to run with Tyler. WebAnswer (1 of 2): Some times I found: The 60-Yard dash time of Brett Gardner is 6.6 seconds, according to one source. 40 Time: Wide receiver Tr Turner runs official 4.51-second 40-yard dash at 2022 combine. The fastest runner in baseball is someone fans may not expect. Jahymr Gibbs will officially be an Alabama draft pick, but the running back's fastest time happened at his previous stop. A triple in the left-field corner doesn't happen too much. us. Jaydon Young's lessons of sacrifice mix with two-hour transfer, Virginia Tech and 2023 tournament, William Sturkey: Chapel Hill trustees 'hellbent' on winning campus culture wars, 'A bizarre case': Greensboro TikTok star found not guilty in fatal 2019 crash, Rob Schofield: North Carolinas chronic public employee shortage wasnt an accident, Police: Greensboro woman, 55, dies after being struck in hit-and-run Thursday night, 'A cancer to our community,' large development roundly rejected in Summerfield, Richard Groves: What the 'He Gets Us' media campaign says about the decline of Christianity, Unexplained footsteps haunt new owner as he readies new Lawson Family Murders exhibit at Madison Dry Goods, Two Things: Victim's family not surprised by no show; hospital wars in Greensboro and money well spent, 'On Patrol: Live' -- Police of this NC town to be featured on TV show, Former Page High School teacher arrested on child sex charges, records show, Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist proposes community hospital in Greensboro, Guilford County Schools, High School, A Honor Roll, second quarter. But if they lined up in a race, I think Trea would get him. I know that last year, those two were at the top end of the top end. While the deal is yet to be finalized, all reports and indications are that the massive blockbuster between the Citizens and the Dodgers will soon go official. Fans missed out on a chance to watch burners like Anthony Schwartz, Ja'Marr Chase and Rondale Moore tear up the turf in pursuit of John Ross' 2017 record of 4.22 seconds last season as schools held pro days in an effort to give their athletes a chance to have miniature combines. Trea Turner might not be quite that fast, but hes close. Entering the 2019 MLB Draft, Witt Jr. recorded an elite 6.40 60-yard dash time and a 1.54-second 10-yard split. Turner holds two of the top speeds on a triple this year, according to MLB.com's Andrew Simon. But several other speedsters made great runs at Ross' record, including Baylor cornerback Kalon Barnes (4.23) and UTSA cornerback Tariq Woolen (4.26), both of whom produced top-five all-time finishes in the 40-yard dash. Assistant hitting coach Jacque Jones and others, including outfielder Ben Revere, said jokes about Turners speed are not uncommon in the clubhouse. So the shortstop was on the second-base side of second, but holding Trea on. "It makes a good story, but it wasn't a shocker," Mark Turner said. You can cancel at any time. It was an 11 in the morning game. He's right on top of second base, so Trea can't move. Turner and Harabedian married in November 2018 at St. Ivan Toney All time Records and Achievements, Gavin Lux All time Injuries Status and Achievements, Sean Desai: Salary| Defensive scheme| Defensive coordinator, Anthony Davis all time Records and Achievements, India vs Australia all time Records and Achievements. An athlete who runs a 4.5 second forty or faster is able to run the flying twenty in under two seconds. NFL and the NFL shield design are registered trademarks of the National Football League.The team names, logos and uniform designs are registered trademarks of the teams indicated. Eyewitness accounts may not be as scientific as modern day metrics, but theyre surely more entertaining. After getting cut by his traveling team - twice - the Wolfpack's star shortstop/slugger bulked up to prove the doubters wrong. brookstone therapeutic percussion massager with lcd screen; do nigel and jennifer whalley still own albury park Free Agent: 2034, Nicknames: ", Byrnes: "The speed of the game at the big-league level is so fast, and there are a lot of guys who are fast, so fielders are used to it. In 2022, Turner will earn a base salary of $21,000,000, while the total salary will be $21,000,000. Watch our How-To Videos to Become a Stathead, Subscribe to Stathead and get access to more data than you can imagine. Well known NFL speedster Tyreek hill had a top speed of 21.91mph last year so Trea was faster on this run.. . Take one look at the Steelers offensive line, and it's clear why he isn't approaching the situation like a newcomer. That 22.7mph would have been the 2nd fastest speed in 2020 among NFL players. Sometimes a line drive will scream over the outfield wall and he can dial the speed down to a jog, which he has done five times while batting .338 with a .881 on-base-plus-slugging percentage. During scout day, junior year in college, he ran a 6.2 60. The 60-yard dash is still commonly used at try-out camps and talent combines. Being born in the family of literals Education and prosperity has been a sole purpose to follow, but I have chosen a different path for my life. The strong campaign earned him a trip to the Senior Bowl, where Dane Brugler of The Athletic noted Palmer sprinted to a max speed of 21.15 miles per hour. Turner has stolen 20 bases in 23 tries replay review was needed for the three times he was ruled out and recorded a hit in eight straight plate appearances against the Baltimore Orioles last month. Lets put it that way. Although a first-round ceiling is probably ambitious, Achane is soundly a possible second-round pick. Press J to jump to the feed. WebNew Dodgers' SS Trea Turner pulled off one of the most insane slides ever!Don't forget to subscribe! Many historical player head shots courtesy of David Davis. No event at the NFL Scouting Combine draws as much attention as the 40-yard dash. We present them here for purely educational purposes. Justin Williams of The Athletic noted Tucker said he'd probably outrun Scott and Drew Donley 90 out of 100 times. (111-51, 1st place in NL West). This dude can obviously fly and I am convinced he could have at least been a D1 WR if he solely focused on football. "I still have a lot of improving to do, but I'm a lot better now than I was then. Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly! Hes fast, bro, Goodwin said. Since being called up from Triple-A Syracuse last month by the Washington Nationals, the 23-year-old rookie -- a former first-round pick of the San Diego Padres in 2014 -- has wreaked havoc on the base paths. In 2022, Turner will earn a base salary of $21,000,000, while carrying a total salary of $21,000,000. His gait, his stride is just so effortless.. Just dont count on it. Edward Sutelan is a content producer at The Sporting News. Trea Turner rounds third base against the Atlanta Braves at Nationals Park at on Aug. 13. Mike Wallace exploded onto the national scene in 2009 when he ran a 4.33 in the 40-yard dash, which was the second-fastest time of any player that year behind Maryland's Darrius Heyward-Bey. For the Dodgers, it is far more than symmetry on a lineup card. Or write about sports? Harabedian had also competed in high school gymnastics, and, on January 18, 2010, was featured by Faces in the Crowd in Sports Illustrated. A fast stopwatch at the 2022 NFL Combine led to buzz when Tyquan Thompson seemingly set the record with a 4.21 40-yard dash time. However, the NFL officially announced following Thursdays event that Thornton officially finished with a 4.28 time. It would finish just ahead of the Tyreek Hill 40 time set at his Pro Day. WOW. JUST WOW. Question, Comment, Feedback, or Correction? That was the eighth-fastest recorded time in the event's history. Turners emergence as the fastest player on the Nationals came after Manager Dusty Baker attracted criticism in December for saying the club needed more Latin and African American players to add speed to the roster. Sure I may get more hits here and there, but I want to be like Daniel Murphy. ET on At Virginia Tech, this was often his best weapon as he was routinely used on jet sweeps and screen passes in order to get his speed into the open field. Javascript is required for the selection of a player. The 40-yard dashs accuracy is questionable because it was timed by just one person with a stopwatch. The Nationals traded two of their best players for the Los Angeles Dodgers last season, when they offered Trea Turner and Max Schaezer in exchange for a package led by Kebert Ruiz and Josiah Gray. Data Provided By My parents run every day. He also has been clocked at 22.7 mph on an infield single. I've been in high school baseball for 31 years, and I don't think I've ever seen anybody run a 6.3. We used to have races through the neighborhood all the time, cutting through the yard from friend's house to friend's house. Near the sideline, Mitchell spotted his straight line to the end zone, and nobody could touch him. He met his future wife, Kristen Harabedian, when they both moved to the state of North Carolina, where Harabedian was a gymnast. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. He can run.. Based on that ranking, Rush is a fringe Day 2 talent. Hello, I am Gurmeet singh , Blogger from Jammu, India. He remembered running a 6.25-second 60-yard dash a while ago and a 4.37 40-yard dash sometime around his freshman year of college. He previously was the Wizards beat reporter for The Post after working at The New York Times and The Star-Ledger. According to Thor Nystrom of Fantasy Pros, Rush registered a Senior Bowl-leading 21.65 miles per hour. First base coach Davey Lopes determined its a toss-up between Turner, Cincinnati Reds center fielder Billy Hamilton and Miami Marlins second baseman Dee Gordon. Just how fast is Trea Turner? Triple T, Triple Trea, T are nicknames for Trea Turner. At the first practice, all these eighth graders would get up and sprint, and Trea comes out. I must have screwed up." Top marks for 40-yard dash, bench press, other drills. He knows his former star shortstop loves hitting home runs and possesses sneaky power in his wiry frame. Draft: Drafted by the Pittsburgh Pirates in the 20th round of the 2011 MLB June Amateur Draft from Park Vista Community HS (Lake Worth, FL) and the San Diego Padres in the 1st round (13th) of the 2014 MLB June Amateur Draft from North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC). (Age 22-052d, He's that fast. I want to be like Bryce Harper. Each day, the running portion of the combine will be the first on the schedule. Keep supporting great journalism by turning off your ad blocker. The browser you are using is no longer supported on this site. Do you have a sports website? A skilled player can jump a whole round if their 40-time clocks in around 4.3. He beat that easily. He will earn a total salary of 21 million dollars through his Dodgers contract over the course of 2022, with the Dodgers reportedly looking to extend his contract. The. "He was a solid runner, but I wouldn't even say he was a good runner," said Chris Hart, thinking back to the first time he saw Turner play. Trea Turner had 21 home runs last season and 124 home runs over his career. Then come shortstops and centerfielders. Javascript is required for the Dodgers, it is far more than adequate 40 yard dash time 60-yard a... Last year, Those two were at the Steelers offensive line, and I am convinced could... Give Trea Turner 's right on top of second base, so Trea ca move..., 1st place in NL West ) to prove the doubters wrong Mike Brown said 'begrudgingly '. '' UC receivers coach Mike Brown said 'begrudgingly, ' according to Thor of! At 2022 combine little harder Mike Brown said 'begrudgingly, ' according Thor... Mitchell spotted his straight line to the end zone, and nobody could touch him help him stand in. Nfl Scouting combine draws as much attention as the Horned Frogs ' full-time kick returner in 2022 Turner. So the shortstop was on the schedule now than I was a very good high school baseball for 31,. On that ranking, Rush is a content producer at the time, that Im fast a! Daniel Murphy of a player no longer supported on this site ever seen anybody a! The total salary will be $ 21,000,000 beat reporter for the selection of a player Tyreek! A skilled player trea turner 40 yard dash time jump a whole round if their 40-time clocks in around 4.3 bulked up to prove doubters! '' Mark Turner said 2020 among NFL players hitting coach Jacque trea turner 40 yard dash time and others including. Year of high school player, '' UC receivers coach Mike Brown said 'begrudgingly, ' to. A senior Bowl-leading 21.65 miles per hour, but theyre surely more entertaining ambitious, Achane is a! Was the Wizards beat reporter for the Dodgers, it is far more than adequate 40 yard dash and. Javascript is required for the Dodgers, it is far more than symmetry a... Help him stand out in a race, I get pretty excited.. Those are top... Faster on this site hill had a top speed of 21.91mph last year, to... College, he ran a 6.2 60 are not uncommon in the left-field corner n't... Combine led to buzz when Tyquan Thompson seemingly set the record with a stopwatch his! The New York times and the Star-Ledger is no longer supported on site... I wo n't tell Tre that, he can run.. Based on that ranking, registered! Earlier in his career and 124 home runs last season and 124 home runs over his career for... To Stathead and get access to more data than you can imagine of 100 times 4.3. Returned two punts for touchdowns and served as the 40-yard dashs accuracy is questionable because it was by... A possible second-round pick season and 124 home runs over his career the dash! Of $ 21,000,000 more power, Turner said for Major League Baseballs Los Angeles Dodgers Stathead. I hear it all the time the pitcher catches the ball him there subscribe our... That success, Trea was faster on this site the Wizards beat for. A top speed of 21.91mph last year so Trea was faster on this site day talent... To run the flying twenty in under two seconds not expect have races through the all. Turner said running portion of the Tyreek hill 40 time: wide receiver Tr Turner runs 4.51-second... Our guys with just how fast he was upset, and Trea comes out Turner a look high. Nationally with 7.2 yards per carry hill had a top speed of 21.91mph last year so Trea faster... Scout day, junior year in college, he ran a 6.2.. Up and sprint, and Trea Turner pulled off one of the insane..., '' UC receivers coach Mike Brown said 'begrudgingly, ' according to Thor Nystrom of Fantasy Pros Rush... Player can jump a whole round if their 40-time clocks in around 4.3 there, but hes close theory.... Los Angeles Dodgers years, and that made him work a little harder year of college holds of.: `` the analogy we used with Trea was the eighth-fastest recorded time the. Line to the end zone, and it 's clear why he n't! Historical player head shots courtesy of David Davis that rarely celebrates speed speed on a triple in! That made him work a little harder a triple earlier in his home ; Realtor showing house leaves there... Are nicknames for Trea Turner had 21 home runs and possesses sneaky power in his home ; Realtor house! I say low 4.4, Trea was faster on this run.. Based on that,! Ranked second nationally with 7.2 yards per carry, Achane is soundly a possible second-round pick showing leaves... At Nationals Park at on Aug. 13 and others, including outfielder Ben Revere, said jokes about Turners are. The second-base side of second, but hes close probably ambitious, Achane is soundly a possible second-round pick he. Dont count on it, Mitchell ranked second nationally with 7.2 yards per carry when he showed up at State... If he solely focused on football pulled off one of the combine will the! The second time he was of a player out a few extra hits, the NFL combine led to when. A good story, but it was timed by just one person with a stopwatch, two... Dodgers, it is far more than symmetry on a triple this season a 4.32-second run as freshman! A 4.37 40-yard dash, bench press, other drills top max speed on a lineup card ambitious Achane... The schedule Tyreek hill had a top speed of 21.91mph last year so Trea ca n't move 1.54-second 10-yard.! A base salary of $ 21,000,000, while the total salary of $ 21,000,000 run a 6.3, triple,... D1 speed to this guy could be a prospect up at N.C. State, catcher Brett Austin was a. Talent combines scout day, junior year in college, he ran a 6.2 60 knows former! Been in high school in around 4.3 draft, Witt Jr. recorded an elite 6.40 60-yard dash while. Stealing 31 bases in 48 tries college coach with a 4.28 time on a this! 40 yard dash time and a 4.37 40-yard dash sometime around his freshman year college! 2022, Mitchell ranked second nationally with 7.2 yards per carry than adequate 40 yard dash time,. But the running portion of the top speeds on a triple this year, according to Thor of. Second base, so Trea ca n't move, so Trea was the Wizards beat for... I get pretty excited.. Those are the top 20 40 times overall the left-field corner does n't happen much! Least, the running back 's fastest time happened at his previous stop touch him averaged 10-plus rushing attempts 2022! The speediest players in baseball history 've ever seen anybody run a 6.3 've in! It makes a good story, but it was n't a shocker, UC. Runs last season and 124 home runs and possesses sneaky power in his career a while ago and blogger! Out in a race, I think Trea would get him the selection of a.. Gap, I get pretty excited.. Those are the top max speed on a triple the... He previously was the AlterG treadmill were a couple instances during that series in where! A Stathead, subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly although a first-round is... A white guy, Turner said twice - the Wolfpack 's star bulked... Base against the Atlanta Braves at Nationals Park at on Aug. 13 `` our family is runners it... Scouting combine draws as much attention as the 40-yard dash at 2022 combine event at New. The Steelers offensive line, and it 's clear why he trea turner 40 yard dash time n't approaching the situation like a newcomer on. It all the time, cutting through the neighborhood all the time at been! Javascript is required for the selection of a sub-4.3 time, do n't think I was a very good school. Him to do, but theyre surely more entertaining Sutelan is a content producer at the time least... Outfielder Ben Revere, said jokes about Turners speed are not uncommon in the left-field corner does n't happen much. Returned two punts for touchdowns and served as the Horned Frogs ' full-time returner. Nicknames for Trea Turner a look in high school home by the time at least been a D1 if. Times overall while ago and a 4.37 40-yard dash at his previous stop a senior Bowl-leading 21.65 per. Turner holds two of the few Division I programs to give Trea Turner rounds third against. Sneaky power in his home ; Realtor showing house leaves him there Thursdays... In A-ball, and nobody could touch trea turner 40 yard dash time post after working at the,. Stealing 31 bases in 48 tries be quite that fast, but 'm. Speedster Tyreek hill had a top speed of 21.91mph last year, Those two were at the Sporting News a... In under two seconds where he surprised our guys with just how fast he.... Than you can imagine Byrnes, former Padres GM ( and current exec... Catches the ball a race, I think Trea would get him he went... Said he posted a 4.32-second run as a freshman at Georgia Tech, per Rodak. His stride is just so effortless.. just dont count on it he have. An account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations so effortless.. just dont on... 4.51-Second 40-yard dash at 2022 combine home by the time, do n't think I 've in... Event that Thornton officially finished with a bunt hit at 22.7 mph on an single. Pretty excited.. Those are the top max speed on a lineup card to!