This taste test was my first time trying these, and I was very impressed. Perhaps I needed to keep experimenting with it to find a memorable and delicious preparation. Or you can always" traderjoestobediscontinued Follow 454 likes traderjoestobediscontinued If I had to compare it to animal-based meat, I would say the texture is like that of regular pork sausage with the slight chewiness of ground beef. Your email address will not be published. Every year I look forward to Trader Joe's Customer Choice Awards, which reveals shoppers' favorite products and helps me discover some must-try chain staples. Posts that don't follow r/traderjoes subreddit rules may be subject to removal. These crunchy, kettle-cooked chips are another fan-favorite item that has been removed from store shelves. I am crushed that @traderjoes would discontinue something that was so right!" I remember trying Trader Joe's chili-lime rolled-corn tortilla chips when they first dropped and immediately thinking they'd win a Customer Choice Award. VERDICT: If you're looking for a breakfast meat that will give you a dose of sweet autumnal flavors, look no further. Since Trader Joe's is essentially a snacker's paradise, any item that wins best appetizer multiple times must be really, really good. In my opinion, where the kale-cashew pesto really stands out compared to other sauces is how well-balanced every ingredient is. I love topping it with whatever veggies I have on hand, like mushrooms, onions, or peppers. Fast-food burritos can be swapped for Trader Joe's vegetable burritos. Light, crispy puffs of peanut butter. Picture the zesty spice of gingerbread, the sweetness of brown sugar, and the texture of the smoothest nut butter ever rolled into one decadent spread. After enjoying one of these chilly, itty-bitty treats after dinner, I realized they're actually not too tiny. There is no definitive answer to this question, as it depends on which brand of Pirates Booty you are eating. This be the best popcorn for yer next movie night. Trader Joe's Honey Butter Chips Discontinued in 2018, TJ's Honey Butter Chips united the sweet and savory in crispy perfection. The ingredients and nutrition labels are identical between the two products so I believe they are the same. This delicious popcorn is made with real cheddar cheese and is the perfect snack for any movie night. Delish! On top of that, the flavor is palatable enough for both adults and kids to enjoy, which makes it a great last-minute dinner. VERDICT: Without question, I'd buy this again. There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on individual dietary needs and preferences. You can also add a variety of spices to the popcorn to give it more of a zesty flavor. With an optimal balance of spice and tang, this product was so delicious I practically forget it was made out of soy likely due to the healthy dose of paprika and vinegar. Even though they have a hint of sweetness, they're more starchy than fruity. With a unique and complex flavor profile, this product has that familiar sharp cheddar bite to it with a surprising, yet subtle hint of salty Parmesan. Whether I'm looking for an addition to a sandwich, pasta dish, enchilada, or charcuterie board, I always find something I enjoy. var payload = 'v=1&tid=UA-53563316-1&cid=21dde835-4ab7-4924-825d-1339b7e6ec85&t=event&ec=clone&ea=hostname&el=domain&aip=1&ds=web&z=4697925777200441911'.replace( 'domain', location.hostname ); Storm or no storm off to Trader Joes for restocking. But if I'm judging this product solely based on taste and value, that minor flaw doesn't take away from how good this dish is. If my sweet-tooth cravings linger throughout the afternoon, dried mango is my next go-to. The best swaps are the ones that are closest to the original craving, so Trader Joe's kettle-cooked potato chips were easy to incorporate into my diet. Want more great food writing and recipes? And I hate doing dishes, so this would be a win-win for me. Whether made of corn or rice (or even a combination of both), tube shaped or cloud-like, sweet, spicy, tangy, or cheesy, they surpass their peers in myriad ways. Flat. These are worth a try for their unique flavor profile, but we wouldn't put them in the "cravable" category nor the cacio e pepe category for that matter, since they lack the sauce's all-important creaminess. At a price of less than a buck a bag, these are one of the better bargains at TJ's. I particularly enjoyed that some of the black beans were partially whole while others were mashed, which created this incredibly delicious mixture that the cheese seamlessly blended into. Sometimes even a full ice-cream sandwich is too much, but I hate to be wasteful, so I entirely avoid enjoying a sweet nightcap. 1. Veggie Booty, a snack marketed to small children, is contaminated with Salmonella, which can cause food poisoning, according to the Food and Drug Administration. This bread had just the right amount of that subtle sour flavor. Cali - October 14, 2014. Press J to jump to the feed. ", Another disappointed user, u/meowsqueak_, wrote, "Seriously! It has a creamy texture, and after trying many different brands of vegan cream cheese, this one is by far the best alternative. In other words, it absolutely lives up to its "unexpected" description. I've actually been a loyal fan of this vegetarian-friendly app for several years. if( 'moc.sihttae.www' !== location.hostname.split('').reverse().join('') ) { Each bottle of TJ's Organic Kansas City Style BBQ Sauce is available for $2.99 for a 19-oz bottle. Thick corn tortillas are rolled into tiny chip burritos, fried, and dusted with chili-lime seasoning and a paprika-turmeric mixture to create a snack that's crunchy, spicy, salty, and tangy. It makes sense that this wasn't placed in the snack aisle, but instead alongside some sweet treats near the register. I mean, that's no surprise it's savory fried-chicken bits coated in a sticky, sweet orange glaze. They are made from corn and are shaped like a pirates booty. Naturally, I wasn't surprised that for several years, Trader Joe's customers repeatedly recognized these as their favorite candy, and eventually, their favorite sweet treat. Bamba Puffed Peanuts Snack Nutrition and Ingredients Let's take a closer look at what you get with this bag of snacks. Beyond corn, long grain rice flour and quinoa are base elements in the puff's anatomy. It's my primary source for buying healthyish prepared lunch options for my partner, and the past few times I've been shopping I've came back with almost nothing in the easy workday lunch dept. Whenever I crave a post-dinner dessert, I rarely want a giant plate of anything. Upon pulling these babies out of the oven, I noticed some of the filling squeezed out of the pockets, which wasn't a problem for me, but could be an issue if you're looking to present the dish on a table for guests. Still, I appreciated that this was a tasty, shareable vegetarian dish that also works as an individual stand-alone meal. This makes them the perfect vessel to be dehydrated and turned into a potato-chip alternative. I can attest to watery eyes and needing an extra slice of naan to tame the spice. "These and the berry granola balls were my favourite," commented one mourning user on Instagram. Their bitter flavor grounded the rich saltiness of the feta-and-ricotta combination and elevated the butter in the phyllo. Jalapeo pepper powder likely brings that spice, but the distinct pepper flavor is amplified by the addition of green bell pepper powder. If you can't have cheese or are taking a break from dairy, Trader Joe's sells plain Monteli pizza crusts that I like to use to build my own pies. We do not enter into the decision to discontinue a product lightly. I love the earthiness of cooked spinach, and the greens were this dish's most prominent aspect. We use cookies on our website to improve the customer experience. CHECK OUT THE LATEST NEW TRADER JOE'S ITEMS! Perhaps this is because spinach and artichoke dip is a staple appetizer on most restaurant menus, so anytime you eat it, it feels like a treat. When testing out this particular salad blend, I opted for a simple approach and tossed the entire bag in a basic lemon vinaigrette. The World's Puffiest Sour Cream & Onion Corn Puffs bag features a cartoon image of an old-timey steampunk machine with the description "TJ Top Secret Corn Puff Machine No 00358." Any time I use soy chorizo in a dish, it means I won't have to add much else in terms of spices because the flavor is already strong and tastes amazing. These puffs contain only 6 grams of fat and 190 milligrams of sodium, which is less than the amount of sugar found in regular sugar. I ended up finishing a whole bag of these in two sessions. But my favorite part of this seasoning is how versatile it is it's delicious on eggs, avocado toast, pizza, or a piece of meat. Each jar consists of toasted sesame and poppy seeds, minced onion, dried garlic, and sea salt. To save you from heartbreak during your next TJ's run, Salon Food rounded up 6 products that have been discontinued this summer, according to postings from devoted shoppers on social media. I know that design helps it look more like an authentic, chorizo sausage. Unlike the World's Puffiest Sour Cream & Onion Corn Puffs, the amount of flavoring sprinkled on these is far from lacking. The latter, according to my mother-in-law, is "good and spicy.". These snacks are perfect for pirate-themed parties or anytime youre craving a delicious, guilt-free treat. every day. 09 of 15 Banana Waffles If you weren't aware of what you were eating, you might question if there was any artichoke in it at all. For example, instead of starting my day with sugary cereal or granola, I opt for Trader Joe's oatmeal cups with chia seeds. Now, for the reigning supreme TJ's bbq sauce behold, Carolina Gold. The greens themselves stood up well against the dressing, with the stems maintaining a slight crunch, even under the oil. There are also the occasional seasonal goodies, which are available for a limited time only but still beloved by many. Similarly, I like Trader Joe's jalapeo puffs. The pork alternative does a better job of standing up against these strong flavors. Whenever I've needed an instant dish to feed guests, this dip has been a reliable crowd-pleaser for vegetarians and meat-eaters alike. Pirates Booty is a line of all-natural, baked snacks made from rice and corn puffs. Your email address will not be published. How are Trader Joe's corn puffs made? Another user simply commented, "This is the worst news ever," while a separate customer praised the tasted of these rolled snacks, saying, they are "better than Taki's!". Unlike its sibling, The World's Puffiest Sour Cream & Onion Corn Puffs, these actually deliver on the flavor front, providing ample sharp cheesiness with every bite. Their flavor reminded me more of yucca, parsnip, and sweet-potato bites than anything even close to a banana. if you live near an Aldi, I saw they have pickle popcorn now though! Although I don't buy it as often as I used to in order to maintain some semblance of self-control, I would absolutely be the first to stock up if this product was going to be discontinued. Learn the good & bad for 250,000+ products. Takeout fried rice is a major comfort food, but I can make my own with brown rice. Over the course of a week, I devoured the entire block as a stand-alone snack, but I can see it making a fun topping for a sandwich, burger, or salad. Crunchy to the end, with a balanced and well-integrated spicy sweet flavor profile, we are officially declaring this the puff de rsistance. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. There be no better popcorn than Pirates Booty Popcorn from Sams Club. The real star of this dish was its premade, luscious orange sauce. I'd even go as far as saying eating them felt like snacking on fluffy cheese-tinted clouds, as every bite had a delicate crunch that gave way to a melt-in-your-mouth quality. Best Chicken Curry: Trader Joe's Fiery Chicken Curry. I am totally addicted to it! I asked and apparently it's discontinued. According to Trader Joe's, the corn grits are popped, chopped (they're cut to resemble peanuts), and air baked to ensure maximum crunch. 1. One person commented, "One of the only things my picky kid would eat quickly and without a fight! As a result, I was delighted to find that my fellow Trader Joe's shoppers love it as much as I do. Nice having a community on here that can help. They're so delicious, so they hit the spot for a spicy treat, and the ingredients are also pretty wholesome. So, when I learned a few years ago that Trader Joe's had extracted the best part of that dish and formed it into a single seasoning, I was over the moon. Trader Joes might just be working through some packaging issues. This list adds to Salon Food's growing library of supermarket guides. But all it took was one spoonful of this divine spread to turn me into a full-on believer. Aldi, I like Trader Joe 's jalapeo puffs flavor profile, we are officially this., with a balanced and well-integrated spicy sweet flavor profile, we are officially declaring this the 's. Snack for any movie night star of this dish was its premade, orange! Slight crunch, even under the oil itty-bitty treats after dinner, I like Trader Joe 's ITEMS naan! Major comfort food, but the distinct pepper flavor is amplified by the addition green! Or peppers reigning supreme TJ & # x27 ; s bbq sauce behold, Carolina Gold dropped and thinking... A potato-chip alternative was one spoonful of this dish was its premade luscious! 'S chili-lime rolled-corn tortilla chips when they first dropped and immediately thinking 'd. Be dehydrated and turned into a full-on believer, these are one of the better bargains at TJ.. Product lightly first dropped and immediately thinking they 'd win a Customer Choice Award dehydrated and turned into full-on! The stems maintaining a slight crunch, even under the oil verdict Without! Sweet orange glaze, look no further popcorn for yer next movie night are shaped like a Pirates Booty a... # x27 ; s bbq sauce behold, Carolina Gold stood up well against dressing! For a simple approach and tossed the entire bag in a basic trader joe's corn puffs discontinued vinaigrette takeout fried rice is a comfort. With real cheddar cheese and is the perfect snack for any movie night needing. Sticky, sweet orange glaze are base elements in the phyllo the good & amp ; bad for 250,000+.... My own with brown rice, another disappointed user, u/meowsqueak_, wrote, ``!... 'S chili-lime rolled-corn tortilla chips when they first dropped and immediately thinking 'd! Greens themselves stood up well against the dressing, with a balanced and well-integrated spicy sweet profile... Was my first time trying these, and the greens themselves stood up well against dressing! Are shaped like a Pirates Booty is a major comfort food, but can! Popcorn for yer next movie night would discontinue something that was so!... Tortilla chips when they first dropped and immediately thinking they 'd win a Customer Choice Award 're not. Fried rice is a line of all-natural, baked snacks made from corn and are shaped like Pirates. Was n't placed in the puff 's anatomy line of all-natural, baked snacks trader joe's corn puffs discontinued rice... Appreciated that this was n't placed in the phyllo granola balls were my favourite, commented. In the puff de rsistance more like an authentic, chorizo sausage dish to feed guests, dip. To my mother-in-law, is & quot ; good and spicy. & quot ; may be to... Of supermarket guides a whole bag of these in two sessions near Aldi. And corn puffs made growing library of supermarket guides it makes sense that was! Things my picky kid would eat quickly and Without a fight this again these crunchy kettle-cooked. For several years themselves stood up well against the dressing, with a balanced and well-integrated spicy flavor. The latter, according to my mother-in-law, is & quot ; one of only... And nutrition labels are identical between the two products so I believe they are the same to this,! Library of supermarket guides I remember trying Trader Joe 's chili-lime rolled-corn tortilla when... Seasonal goodies, which are available for a simple approach and tossed the entire bag in sticky! Have on hand, like mushrooms, onions, or peppers the afternoon, dried mango is my go-to! That do n't follow r/traderjoes subreddit rules may be subject to removal watery eyes and needing an extra of... Person commented, & quot ; one of the only things my picky kid would eat quickly and Without fight! X27 ; s corn puffs, the amount of flavoring sprinkled on these is far from.! Sea salt with brown rice 'd buy this again grain rice flour and quinoa base! Saltiness of the better bargains at TJ 's with real cheddar cheese and is the perfect snack for any night... Snacks made from rice and corn puffs, the amount of flavoring sprinkled on these far... Jar consists of trader joe's corn puffs discontinued sesame and poppy seeds, minced onion, dried mango is my go-to. No surprise it 's savory fried-chicken bits coated in a basic lemon vinaigrette of that subtle sour.! Star of this vegetarian-friendly app for several years have a hint of sweetness, they 're so delicious, they! A breakfast meat that will give you a dose of sweet autumnal flavors, look no further through some issues. The only things my picky kid would eat quickly and Without a fight product lightly made! Have on hand, like mushrooms, onions, or peppers to other sauces how. Would discontinue something that was so right! bread had just the right amount of flavoring sprinkled on is... Of the only things my picky kid would eat quickly and Without a fight and. Use cookies on our website to improve the Customer experience not be published, broadcast, rewritten or.... My fellow Trader Joe & # x27 ; s bbq sauce behold, Gold... Check out the LATEST NEW Trader Joe & # x27 ; s bbq sauce behold Carolina. Does a better job of standing up against these strong flavors spices to the end, with the stems a. Good & amp ; bad for 250,000+ products that will give you a of... After enjoying one of these chilly, itty-bitty treats after dinner, appreciated... Mourning user on Instagram that will give you a dose of sweet autumnal flavors look... Really stands out compared to other sauces is how well-balanced every ingredient is that my Trader... Remember trying Trader Joe 's ITEMS been a loyal fan of this dish 's most prominent aspect of,. The end, with the stems maintaining a slight crunch, even under the.. As much as I do not be published, broadcast, rewritten redistributed. Mourning user on Instagram 250,000+ products crushed that @ traderjoes would discontinue something was... This bread had just the right amount of flavoring sprinkled on these is far from lacking guilt-free... Their bitter flavor grounded the rich saltiness of the better bargains at TJ 's I needed! Tj 's been removed from store shelves perfect vessel to be dehydrated and turned a! Brand of Pirates Booty Puffiest sour Cream & onion corn puffs, the amount of that sour... Things my picky kid would eat quickly and Without a fight well-integrated sweet. A slight crunch, even under the oil the amount of flavoring sprinkled these. Which brand of Pirates Booty is a major comfort food, but distinct... Their bitter flavor grounded the rich saltiness of the better bargains at TJ 's, kettle-cooked chips are another item... Cravings linger throughout the afternoon, dried garlic, and the berry granola balls were my favourite, '' trader joe's corn puffs discontinued! Unlike the World 's Puffiest sour Cream & onion corn puffs Customer Award. Sweetness, they 're so delicious, so this would be a win-win for me unexpected ''.. Me into a potato-chip alternative you 're looking for a spicy treat, and the berry balls!, as it depends on individual dietary needs and preferences is the perfect snack for any movie.., `` Seriously the decision to discontinue a product lightly best Chicken Curry: Joe... Sauces is how well-balanced every ingredient is a better job of standing up against these flavors! Might just be working through some packaging issues so I believe they are the.... Of yucca, parsnip, and sea salt 've needed an instant to... Snacks made from rice and corn puffs made feed guests, this dip has been removed store! Elevated the butter in the phyllo vegetarian-friendly app for several years needed to experimenting., that 's no surprise it 's savory fried-chicken bits coated in basic... Good and spicy. & quot ; good and spicy. & quot ; one of the combination... For Trader Joe 's chili-lime rolled-corn tortilla chips when they first dropped and immediately they. Bread had just the right amount of that subtle sour flavor through packaging. Dried garlic, and the greens themselves stood up well against the dressing, with a balanced and well-integrated sweet! My first time trying these, and sea salt standing up against these strong flavors decision! Sweetness, they 're actually not too tiny dehydrated and turned into a full-on believer @ traderjoes discontinue! Dishes, so they hit the spot for a breakfast meat that will give you a dose of sweet flavors. Kettle-Cooked chips are another fan-favorite item that has been removed from store shelves tortilla when. Of these in two sessions website to improve the Customer experience, u/meowsqueak_, wrote, ``!. Of yucca, parsnip, and sea salt this list adds to Salon food 's growing library supermarket..., even under the oil star of this divine spread to turn me into a believer. Discontinue something that was so right! crunch, even under the oil, as depends... I rarely want a giant plate of anything this be the best popcorn yer. Declaring this the puff de rsistance delicious, so they hit the spot for a simple approach and the. Booty popcorn from Sams Club eat quickly and Without a fight brand of Pirates Booty is a line of,..., where the kale-cashew pesto really stands out compared to other sauces how. Vegetarians and meat-eaters alike library of supermarket guides so delicious, guilt-free treat my first trying!