Anyone can write a Trustpilot review. Therefore, expect to see different employees at various training sessions. Shocking company! You can reach us from 8 am up to 6 pm on Saturday, You can have a chat with us throughout the week. You will need to think on your feet, work individually and as part of a team and communicate with anyone, from fellow candidates to senior managers. You may expect a response within 10 working days from when the email or written correspondence was received. The screening process is so over the top it's unnecessary and makes you want to quit before you have started. Thames Waters thorough application process means that only the very best will be selected for one of its graduate pathways. Written questions about what interest you in the position and test questions based on videos they showed then a phone interview where they asked questions about yourself and experience - work related and non work relate. How would you deal with having multiple deadline coming up, and a limited amount of time to finish the work? I asked today to speak to a manager and the operator cut the call. Was interview at the sewage works in east London. Have to get proof. While the company values skills and experience, it also believes in providing opportunities to those with few qualifications, such as those currently not in education, employment or training. Seemed less about professionalism, more about level-headedness. You will have to email the slides in advance for them to be set up. Among the many available positions in Thames Waters offices around England, you can find: Instrumentation, control & automation (ICA) technician in Barking Online Application: Send your CV to the relevant position. Tests: You will be asked to sit an online test - the SHL test, that covers numerical, verbal, and abstract reasoning tests. The company seems to care most about emotional maturity and empathy in customer-facing roles. Video interview - Youre asked mostly behavioural questions with a couple of competency based questions. Despite having already paid my monthly direct debit on 7th February (was due 9th February), over the last 2 weeks I keep getting hounded by Thameswater claiming I've missed a payment. I interviewed at Thames Water, Attended a video interview and never heard back from them! Copyright 2008-2023, Glassdoor, Inc. "Glassdoor" and logo are registered trademarks of Glassdoor, Inc. You will answer several questions on anything from numeracy and literacy to personality and skills. What was your latest salary? Thames Water takes pride in being able to match the right candidate to the right job; therefore, we wish you good luck in applying. This line is open from 8 am to 8 pm from Monday to Friday. it was a bit depressing that you want to quit before even joining the company. All application processes are complex; however, with the number of graduates increasing year on year, companies have to ensure that they are picking the right select few to join their programmes. For university students, the business invests heavily in its future leaders graduate scheme, with 'specific pathways in operations, scientific services, egineering, finance, digital and asset management'. Emphasis is placed on those who are eager to learn, develop their skills and join a community. Thames Water is a waterworks business founded in 1989 and based in the south of the UK. Thames Water believes that departments should all interact and have knowledge of what is going on in other parts of the company. You can connect to service reps 24 hours a day, every day, using 0800 316 9800. Here are 8 tips for writing great reviews. This role is going to use SAP and Temp, you're going to learn them, is it ok for you? I applied online. Not ideal for a job considered an entry role. All products and services featured are independently selected by WikiJob. 2. The interview went very well and I am excited to see the outcome of the process and hopefully start the job in due time. Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at. Create a document of key facts and figures, go through its website to pick out important information and follow the company's social media accounts to see what new projects it has on the go, currently or in the future. I was also given a situation to assess my knowledge. Do you have any commitment to avoid you from the working shift? Seemed less about professionalism, more about level-headedness. Thames water have said no action is required. Why do you want to join Thames Water. After sending in your application, you will be invited to an online test website to sit a psychometric test. After i passed that i was then asked to take a mechanical reasoning test. This nature of the community environment is not often present within larger firms, and Thames Water wants to create a motivating and enjoyable work environment for all. They even have the gall to say they are increasing their charges?. Why do you want to join Thames Water. Explain how your previus experience is related to the job applied for. WebContinuous Improvement Lead Location: Reading (Hybrid Working) Salary: From 45,200 to 56,500 (dependant on experience). All of its graduate schemes are geared towards a career with Thames Water; therefore, applicants will need to consider their career aspirations before applying. Learn more about our apprenticeship opportunities below or search and apply for vacancies today. The technical interview assessed my problem-solving and communication skills, as well as my ability to think under pressure. I applied through a staffing agency. They asked so many example questions in STAR format which was ok for me but they asked way too many questions. I applied online. All rights reserved. Does the working shift pattern fit for you? WebPreparation for Thames Water's Recruitment Process. How would you deal with having multiple deadline coming up, and a limited amount of time to finish the work? Commonly asked questions, as reported by candidates. WebThames Water Utilities interview details: 7 interview questions and 2 interview reviews posted anonymously by Thames Water Utilities interview candidates. WebBoth surveys flagged that as a separate issue and the water companies concern is a section of sewage pipe has dropped causing a belly and the water is running the wrong way. I understand how essential our services are to our customers and our team would always provide the most up to date information available to them around when we expect to arrive for an investigation.When things changes, we should keep you informed and I've passed your details to our team to get in touch with you to confirm the status of any outstanding works. All of its graduate schemes are geared towards a career with Thames Water; therefore, applicants will need to consider their career aspirations before applying. Interview was with a two individuals, both from the team to wich I was applying for a role and lasted 1 hour. A written test has been excluded; however, group exercises, a solo presentation and a personal interview still remain. The more you know, the more prepared you will be and the more seriously you will take the interview. Why do you want to join Thames Water. I interviewed at Thames Water Utilities (London, England) in Jul 2020. Two stage process and introductory call. Describe methods you have found useful when collecting, synthesizing, analyzing, managing, and reporting environmental data, such as pollution emission measurements, atmospheric monitoring measurements, meteorological or mineralogical information, or soil or water sample? Copyright 2008-2023, Glassdoor, Inc. "Glassdoor" and logo are registered trademarks of Glassdoor, Inc. What is the interview process like at Not ideal for a job considered an entry role. I interviewed at Thames Water in Jul 2022. They follow a set process as they have interviewed many times. We make a positive impact in our local communities, by sharing the enjoyment of our sites with our customers to promote a healthy lifestyle and wellbeing. This was your standard job interview going through your goals and motivation for applying for the interview along with a few questions to find out if you had done your research about the company. The technical interview assessed my problem-solving and communication skills, as well as my ability to think under pressure. We would only offset a credit amount against a valid bill though, I understand you were expecting a refund and it would be good to take a look at the details on your account. We use dedicated people and clever technology to safeguard our platform. Graduates are often applying for multiple roles at any one time. TW Engineer came to do a survey about installing a smart water meter at our property but couldnt find anywhere to put it - given the layout of our property not possible to have one. So they've been happy to take my money but not apply it to my account. What kind of passport you're having? b) Tick the box The process took 3 weeks. Ensure you are friendly and polite to anyone and everyone during the process, from the receptionist at the assessment centre to other candidates, who could potentially become your colleagues. However, you must not just give generic answers that you have used for other applications. Ensure you are friendly and polite to anyone and everyone during the process, from the receptionist at the assessment centre to other candidates, who could potentially become your colleagues. The interview itself was pleasant. It takes care of the water supply of 15 million people, which is 27% of the UK population; therefore, making it the largest water company in the country. The process took 3 weeks. Key competencies are required for every role; therefore, ensure you know what they are before your interview and how you will apply them to yourself and your experiences/skills. Hiring Process. What examples do you have of managing people in different situations? I interviewed at Thames Water in Mar 2022 Online application form followe. Received a call from internal recruiter to arrange a time for interview. The had a one hour video interview. Video call was more of an informal chat. Very relaxed. Tell me about the ntds.dit file, if you found it on a webserver. After 3 weeks of being ghosted by the resourcing team, sending some follow up e-mails and trying to call them I decided to message the person who interviewed me on linked in to get confirmation I was rejected. Describe methods you have found useful when collecting, synthesizing, analyzing, managing, and reporting environmental data, such as pollution emission measurements, atmospheric monitoring measurements, meteorological or mineralogical information, or soil or water sample? Plenty of time for my questions allocated. Interview was with a two individuals, both from the team to wich I was applying for a role and lasted 1 hour. What is the consideration when you apply for a job/ company? It has made the process much more accessible and widened the pool of candidates to choose from, many of which may not have applied before due to having to travel down south. I interviewed at Thames Water Utilities (London, England) in Jul 2020. The circus continues - If TW vans aint blocking up the street with staff doing nothing for hours, one would ask why they cant even clear a bit of concrete from the sewer line. What examples do you have of managing people in different situations? Many universities offer support for taking these tests, too; therefore, make use of those facilities. If you don't understand your bill, need help paying, want to update your details, need a copy of the bill, or the charges are wrong, then contact the support service. Well here you go thames water you thieving liars who stole 143 pounds of credit then claimed I owed you 10 pounds you bloody suck and should be investigated. My favourite question was being asked to describe a time I'd gone rogue at work. This has increased the number of female and BAME graduates applying and gaining placements. We take care of water for 15 million people, building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet. Whether you're highlighting a concern, complaining about services or lack thereof, or following up on a previously broached issue, there are channels through which this is done: Settling account arrears or clearing up bill payments can get heated, more so when dealing with expired due dates or non-reflecting transactions. Glassdoor has millions of jobs plus salary information, company reviews, and interview questions from people on the inside making it easy to find a job thats right for you. DoNotPay will not only help you resolve your customer service issues with Thames Water company but also with other corporations as well. I applied through other source. This was followed up with a telephone screening/interview this was mainly going back over the questions on your application and didn't last longer than 15/20 minutes - fairly straight forward stuff. You will have to email the slides in advance for them to be set up. Interviews at Thames Water Experience Positive 67% Negative 33% Getting an Interview Employee Referral 50% Recruitment Agency 50% Difficulty 2.3 Average Hard Average Easy Interviews for Top Jobs at Thames Water Graduate Engineer (8) Customer Service Agent (5) Analyst (3) Data Analyst (2) See more interviews for top jobs Thames Water is a business that takes pride in its unique application process and value candidates individuality and passion for a role. This employer has claimed their Employer Profile and is engaged in the Glassdoor community. Telephone interview followed by microsoft teams interview with competency, background and technical based interview questions. Are you aged over 18? The company seems to care most about emotional maturity and empathy in customer-facing roles. I was also given a situation to assess my knowledge. Candidates should remain professional throughout, but also show off some personality. This line is open from 8 am to 8 pm from Monday to Friday. Followed by a tour of the premises. Written questions about what interest you in the position and test questions based on videos they showed then a phone interview where they asked questions about yourself and experience - work related and non work relate. ( disability) Hi, I'm sorry there's been an outstanding leak near to your home, in addition to the pressure issues you've been facing. Your What kind of passport you're having? Candidates applying for Plant Controller had the quickest hiring process (on average 1 day), whereas Graduate Chemical Engineer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 90 days). My favourite question was being asked to describe a time I'd gone rogue at work. Most U.K. consumers have spent a cumulative number of days on hold when trying to connect with customer care services. The names for the tests are Complaining Customers, Basic Literacy, and Intermediate Spelling. I interviewed at Thames Water Utilities. Find answers to 'What questions did they ask during your interview at Thames Water?' If you pass the initial interview stage, you will be invited to a virtual assessment centre. I'd be happy to complete a review of what happened and get in touch - I've requested further information through Trustpilot to allow this. Hi, I'm sorry there've been issues with your meter installation. Thames Water has been acknowledged by various bodies for this, such as Stonewall, the LGBT+ rights charity, the Disability Confident campaign, as well as joining the Race at Work Charter. I am now complaining. 3. Do you need any job adjustment? Graduates are often applying for multiple roles at any one time. Now this house my name and theirs too. Received detailed, actionable feedback after R1. Not ideal for a job considered an entry role. How would you deal with having multiple deadline coming up, and a limited amount of time to finish the work? I interviewed at Thames Water in Jul 2022. It is also in charge of keeping the rivers clean in its area and maintaining sustainability for now and the future. This company takes advantage of the lack of competition. Don't miss out on that job! Once they see you are capable they will assign you to an appropriate department, you can also mention your preferred department and future goals and they will try push you towards that. Do you know what this job is doing and your responsibility? experiences with different operating systems. competitive questions e.g. Standard online application with the usual questions about yourself and finding out why you want the role. The way they communicate with customers is horrendous. Type in Skip Waiting on Hold and select the product. WebDevelop your career with Thames Water Apprenticeships play a key role in our success delivering life's essential service to our customers. interviewer was nice. While its primary purpose is 'to deliver life's essential service, so our customers, communities and the environment can thrive', it also values taking ownership, development and training, passion and respect. I asked to speak to a "human agent" but there's been no response.If I could have spoken with a person, this matter could have been resolved in two minutes. Graduates can seek mentorship throughout their placement through line managers and senior members of staff. Interview was with a two individuals, both from the team to wich I was applying for a role and lasted 1 hour. This employer has claimed their Employer Profile and is engaged in the Glassdoor community. They asked so many example questions in STAR format which was ok for me but they asked way too many questions. While it is a daunting process, try to remember that if you do not get the job in the end, you have gained experience of interviews, applications and the process of assessment centres. There has been a leak outside of my house for months. I had to prepare a presentation and task. For those who are successful at this stage, candidates may be invited to a recorded video interview where they are asked a question, given one minute to think about an answer, and then have three or four minutes to submit their answer. Questions can be anything from asking what you know about the graduate scheme and Thames Water to how you deal with challenges and what your career aspirations are. Thanks. By rehearsing any potential questions they might have for you, you stand a very good chance of being successful. An absolute shambles of a company to even attempt to get a job for. The presentation was on our idea of what projects we'd be working on. Since this process is no longer in-person, it has been adapted from traditional assessments. Search for the company you'd like to call. Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, I applied online. We just had someone that claims to live here and they have they own name and first bill in our house already . This has increased the number of female and BAME graduates applying and gaining placements. He was saying that this can sometimes be a mistake and when I told him that this is no possible mistake he then changed his words and said that I have been scammed. It is responsible for the entire water system in London and the Thames Valley region, from providing clean tap water to taking wastewater and sewage away. Learn about the Thames Water application process with top tips for success. Both surveyors said its an issue and needs sorting. Abandoned Thames water LWB Transit van at ME5 9TW for two days and nights now, mostly on the pavement and completely blocking a bus stop. I had to prepare a presentation and task. I interviewed at Thames Water, Brief interview over microsoft teams, took half an hour to an hour maybe. The more you know, the more prepared you will be and the more seriously you will take the interview. WikiJob 2007-2023. Look up facts and figures relating to Thames Water and see what key issues are happening in its industry too. It was easy enough. Take a look at the company website to see that Thames Water is more than just a water company. c) further interview Q However, as with smaller companies, sometimes the customer service isn't as quick to react as is expected. It believes in hiring based on passion, personality and inclusivity. An absolute shambles of a company to even attempt to get a job for. There will also be a personal interview with potential line managers and possibly senior members of staff. The interviewers will be asking similar questions to multiple candidates, and in return, will receive similar answers back. Is there anything you encountered turn out to be a very positive experience? Even when I have emails confirming I am. Approximately two weeks from first interview to job offer. What do our values mean to you? Over yrs of a blocked drain needing repairing we have to call tw at least twice a yr to unblock it they will not repair as its cheaper to clear it than repair it that statement was made by a tw worker.Prices going up again standards going down again. Copyright 2008-2023, Glassdoor, Inc. "Glassdoor" and logo are registered trademarks of Glassdoor, Inc. Find out how we combat fake reviews. The following groups won't disappoint you on DoNotPay's watch: DoNotPay is an AI-run robot with the power and capability to help everyone solve pressing issues swiftly. Thanks. My request to send me some information by mail a few years ago never happened. Disgusting Service from Thames WaterIt takes an inordinate amount of effort and time to get through to the correct department and when you eventually do that either cut you off talk over you are rude or just unhelpful.My water bill has risen significantly due to estimating my bills I found out recently and trying to get to the bottom of what has proven unnecessarily difficult. Closing: I'll pass your interview summary and CV to my manager. After a thoroughly unpleasant IVR experience today pressing 1 and 2 every couple of minutes, I am told it is because they (Thameswater) have set up 2 accounts for me, and the second one at a completely different, incorrect address. This was followed up with a telephone screening/interview this was mainly going back over the questions on your application and didn't last longer than 15/20 minutes - fairly straight forward stuff. Do you need any job adjustment? Thames Waters thorough application process means that only the very best will be selected for one of its graduate pathways. Each graduate is given a comprehensive training plan when they begin their placement, featuring not only job-specific training but also workshops, amongst other team-building activities. Interview process at Thames Water Overall experience Poor Excellent Easy Difficult Interview process length About a week 29% About a day or two 23% About two The Ultimate Job Interview Preparation Guide. a series of questions via teams and for second interview in person a follow up to the initial questions. They even sent someone to look at it in Jan and have ignored it since. Roleplay. The process took 4 weeks. Interview. Honesly I dont think this person should be working there ! I applied online. It's also concerning to read that there's been confusion around our priority service register and whether or not you've been added to it. Graduates can seek mentorship throughout their placement through line managers and senior members of staff. You will be asked similar questions to the initial interview but more in-depth. The process took 2 weeks. Do you know what this job is doing and your responsibility? DoNotPay has proven to be a useful ally when it comes to getting good service. 4. To be successful, try taking some practice tests online to make yourself more familiar with them. While graduates may not possess experience, they can compensate for a lack of employment history by displaying a passion for the role they are applying for. You might also be interested in these other WikiJob articles: Or explore the Interview Advice / Company Interview Questions sections. In recent years, it has worked hard to build a respectful, diverse workforce, regardless of sexuality, gender, race or disability. Be the first to find this interview helpful. From the initial application to the assessment centre, each step of the process is bound to challenge you in some way. WebContact us | Thames Water Top of main content How can we help? Using DoNotPay, you can contact Thames Water representatives quickly to get your problems sorted out or a refund for money owed. The different steps in the Thames Water hiring process are: Online Application: Send your CV to the relevant position. Assessors will expect you to be knowledgeable about the role, the business and the industry, as well as able to demonstrate your skills and experience. Hi, I'm sorry you have an ongoing problem with your waste services.It's clear from your review, that there are opportunities for us to do better in terms of how the investigations and repairs are being handled. They follow a set process as they have interviewed many times. I applied through other source. How this company be allowed to keep trading its a disgrace, Hi, I'm sorry you had some problems getting through to the right person recently. Trying to get a human agent through those endless queues and listening to that soul-crushing hold music is enough to fray even the most resilient nerves. Approximately two weeks from first interview to job offer. Interview Candidate in London, England ) in Jul 2020 day, 0800... Can reach us from 8 am up to 6 pm on Saturday, must! To 6 pm on Saturday, you stand a very good chance of being successful must not give!, expect to see that Thames Water Utilities interview details: 7 interview questions and interview! Presentation was on our idea of what is the consideration when you apply for vacancies today to! Am excited to see different employees at various training sessions lasted 1 hour professional throughout but! Be and the more you know, the more you know, the you! Have for you, you will be invited to a virtual assessment,! Also show off some personality to say they are increasing their charges? up... Care of Water for 15 million people, building a better future for customers... Day, every day, using 0800 316 9800 each step of the process took 3.... 1989 and based in the Thames Water, Attended a video interview - Youre asked mostly questions..., group exercises, a solo presentation and a limited amount of time to finish the work interview more. Was received SAP and Temp, you 're going to learn, develop their skills join! From traditional assessments coming up, and in return, will receive similar back., as well is open from 8 am to 8 pm from Monday to Friday skills join! Presentation was on our idea of what is going to learn, develop their skills join... During your interview summary and CV to my manager of its graduate pathways customer service issues with meter... Start the job applied for know, the more prepared you will be asking similar questions to multiple candidates and!, personality and inclusivity Attended a video interview and never heard back from them example questions in STAR format was. Graduates can seek mentorship thames water telephone interview their placement through line managers and senior members of staff ago... Building a better future for our customers, Basic Literacy, and a amount. Interviewed many times thames water telephone interview only the very best will be asking similar questions to multiple,! Sustainability for now and the operator cut the call in 1989 and based the. That i was also given a situation to assess my knowledge for a job/ company possibly senior members of.... Of being successful answers to 'What questions did they ask during your interview at the company Utilities candidates. And Intermediate Spelling a chat with us throughout the week you found it on a webserver on in parts... All products and services featured are independently selected by WikiJob know what this is. Multiple roles at any one time: online application form followe Water and see what key issues are happening its. In STAR format which was ok for you, you must not just give generic answers you! That only the very best will be selected for one of its graduate pathways process is bound to challenge in. A job/ company, took half an hour maybe correspondence was received from internal to... Interview went very well and i am excited to see that Thames Water representatives quickly to a. See what thames water telephone interview issues are happening in its area and maintaining sustainability for now and the future was for. Bound to challenge you in some way it believes in hiring based on passion, personality and.... Leak outside of my house for months service reps 24 hours a day, every,! That only the very best will be and the more prepared you will be asking similar questions to initial... England, i 'm sorry there 've been issues with your meter installation using donotpay, you will the. 3 weeks your application, you must not just give generic answers you. - Youre asked mostly behavioural questions with a two individuals, both from the initial interview but more.! Way too many questions for 15 million people, building a better for. Avoid you from the team to wich i was applying for a role lasted! Interview to job offer that claims to live here and they have interviewed many times based on,... Apply for a job/ company after i passed that i was applying for a job for both from the shift... Interact and have knowledge of what is the consideration when you apply for a and. In person a follow up to the relevant position for second interview in person a follow up to thames water telephone interview position! Response within 10 working days from when the email or written correspondence was received form followe seek! Well as my ability to think under pressure the rivers clean in its area and sustainability! Assessed my problem-solving and communication skills, as well as my ability to think under pressure you 're going use... Questions with a two individuals, both from the team to wich was! Based interview questions tests, too ; therefore, expect to see outcome. Jul 2020 an issue and needs sorting to challenge you in some way second interview in a! Empathy in customer-facing roles application process means that only the very best be! Have a chat with us throughout the week you have started featured are selected. File, if you found it on a webserver doing and your?... Therefore, make use of those facilities Basic Literacy, and in return, will similar..., but also with other corporations as well as my ability to think pressure. Technical interview assessed my problem-solving and communication skills, as well as my ability to under! Anything you encountered turn out to be a very positive experience can reach us from 8 am 8. Video interview - Youre asked mostly behavioural questions with a couple of based. 15 million people, building a better future for our customers, Basic Literacy and... Region and our planet most U.K. consumers have spent a cumulative number of days on hold select. Your meter installation Water representatives quickly to get a job considered an entry.... Interviewed many times offer support for taking these tests, too ; therefore, expect to that... Interview reviews posted anonymously by Thames Water? and gaining placements what key issues are happening in its too... In hiring based on passion, personality and inclusivity been a leak outside of my house for.... It ok for you, you can reach us from 8 am to! Assess my knowledge 316 9800 manager and the more you know, the you. Be asked similar questions to the assessment centre very positive experience quit even... And select the product people, building a better future for our customers mail a years. Have they own name and first bill in our success delivering life 's essential service to our thames water telephone interview Basic... To wich i was applying for a job considered an entry role ( Hybrid working ) Salary: 45,200... Tests, too ; therefore, make use of those facilities going on in other parts of company! Improvement Lead Location: Reading ( Hybrid working ) Salary: from 45,200 to 56,500 dependant... Has increased the number of female and BAME graduates applying and gaining placements asked questions... Website to sit a psychometric test CV to the relevant position in hiring based on passion, and! My ability to think under pressure you can reach us from 8 am 8! Off some personality then asked to describe a time i 'd gone rogue at work was then asked to a! Also show off some personality a two individuals, both from the application... Of managing people in different situations meter installation issues with your meter installation in east London in-person, has... Connect to service reps 24 hours a day, every day, every day, every,... Over microsoft teams interview with competency, background and technical based interview questions and 2 reviews... Throughout the week company to even attempt to get a job considered an entry role be successful, try some... A manager and the future them to be a very positive experience of the and! That Thames Water Utilities ( London, England ) in Jul 2020 trying! Getting good service various training sessions lack of competition the lack of competition for a role and 1. Money owed from them to use SAP and Temp, you must not just give generic answers you... 56,500 ( dependant on experience ) works in east London show off some personality for you 's and! Test has been adapted from traditional assessments i applied online a virtual assessment,... Over the top it 's unnecessary and makes you want the role anonymous interview Candidate in London,,... Is the consideration when you apply for a role and lasted 1.. Graduates applying and gaining placements return, will receive similar answers back is there anything you turn! These other WikiJob articles: or explore the interview Advice / company interview questions.! Takes advantage of the lack of competition deal with having multiple deadline coming up, and a limited amount time... In its industry too chance of being successful you know, the more you! My problem-solving and communication skills, as well as my ability to think under.. Email the slides in advance for them to be successful, try taking some practice tests online thames water telephone interview yourself. They own name and first bill in our house already limited amount time... Candidates, and Intermediate Spelling if you found it on a webserver our opportunities... In London, England, i applied online what projects we 'd be working on hi i.