I mention this because aftermarket compatibility lowers the cost of ownership significantly and . A forum community dedicated to Taurus firearm owners and enthusiasts. Also has anyone painted or highlighted their guns. Another improvement was the change to Glock-style sight cuts which gives you a lot more 3rd-party options to choose from if youre looking to upgrade to night sights. If some new sights or a laser helps you hit better, great thats why they make them. Again, thanks Mike for the great piece on the G3C. May I suggest that you reconsider the Viridian in favor of a good light/laser combination? . Dont forget to give this a try before assuming your G3C is just picky about what ammo it likes! Talk about a heavy-duty bag I dont think even I can break it! I wrote an article on the Taurus GX4 problems and would recommend you steer clear of that model. Its mostly caused by improper grip habits that are largely influenced by hand size and the ergonomics of the pistol. At the top of the grip, on both sides, are ridged depressions that act a thumb rests. Originally, my G3c came with three not two three 12-round magazines. Small 9 mm pistols such as this one can produce snappy levels of felt recoil depending on the loads selected, but the rounded, hand-filling, three-finger grip and grip texturing makes this pistol more manageable than some. Cant Retention 4.6 (872) $2599 FREE delivery Mon, Mar 6 Or fastest delivery Fri, Mar 3 MakerShot Custom Magazine Speedloader, compatible with 9 mm - Taurus PT111 G2 G2C G3 G3C 4.3 (38,849) $1499 You upgrade your pistol for the same reason that, when you were 17, you upgraded your set of wheels. The book is a substantial read at 448 pages and will likely be used as a reference tool by most. View cart for details. Lakelinellc SS Striker Guide and Recoil Spring. ArmaLaser Taurus Laser Sights 6. (Plus, you were also trying to attract attention from certain members of the opposite sex but thats another article). The bore of the 3.2"-long, stainless steel barrel features traditional six-groove rifling that allows for the use of cast lead bullets. Even so, there are some upgrades that you can do to your personal copy to make it just a bit better. Join 212,000 avid gun enthusiasts and claim your print-at-home shooting drills. Gold (TiN) barrels for the Taurus G3 are in stock! . The issue is caused by an unconscious act called thumbing and involves jerking the thumb on your shooting hand down as you pull the trigger. Great article on the G3C, I recently purchased and got a couple of 17rd magazines also. Furthermore, the G3c enters the market at a price point that continues the Taurus G-series handguns' industry leading cost-to . The variety of the market is as wide as the variety of the gun market. Not a problem, we offer gift certificates in any amount to suit your needs. Release the slide and then press the trigger. We strongly recommend visiting a trusty gunsmith even with the smallest modifications as that person has years of experience and a transparent portfolio of work done. All thanks to gun parts. Some pistol grips feature a moderate texture applied to most of the surface area, but Taurus opted for an all-or-nothing approach. New to the forums and to owning hand guns. Front serrations, a better . Receive exclusive gun deals once a week and all our great reviews right in your inbox. It really is a coin-flip gamble buying a Taurus semi-auto pistol just to save a few bucks- only to have to invest more time and money, in the end, trying to fix the lemons. This one kind of gave me a chuckle after doing my research and watching a few YouTubers takes on this safety issue. Howe's book is intended as an inspirational source as well as a technical guide to the student who is anxious to study gunsmithing but has been led to believe it is a craft that can only be mastered by old world teaching methods. I was able to replicate this safety issue on one of my two G2Cs and they were made exactly one month apart. I also like the fact that Taurus magazine followers are yellow that makes them easy to see when youre about empty. The basic gun was the same, but the improvements made a good gun even better. Just oil it first a bit. More importantly, everything it makes has the performance to match. And, if your gun is able to go with you more often because you. We all know that the nature of man is to have fun with things. Please visit our website at www.gunstockreviews.com for more exclusive content. Dracast Pro On-Camera Light https://amzn.to/3Ahivc89. photos of guns a clear, acrylic thick rod with a larger disc on one end with the Taurus logo. But first and foremost, we'll start with the most important part. This Mossberg 26B bolt-action rifle in .22 caliber belonged to my dad, Robert Elmo Babington. Compare Compare Items. Also, what is your take on the Taurus Gx-4? Major improvements included a better trigger, Glock-compatible replaceable sights, forward slide serrations and no frame-mounted keyed safety lock. I found the holster shown below on this site. Find out more here. Just behind the rail are left- and right-side indentations (Taurus calls them Memory Pads) that act as touch points for the tip of the trigger finger when resting it against the frame. Both the front and rear sights (above) are dovetailed into the slide, and Glock-footprint sights can be retrofit. Here are some photos. Optic Base Mount Plate For Taurus PT111 G2 G2c G2s G3 Red Dot Sight, Complete Upper for Glock 19 Gen 1-3 OEM Style Black Cerakote Slide w/ 9mm Barrel, LPK for GL0CK 19 Gen 1-3 Build Kit PF940C Kit G19 LPK Lower Parts KIT, Glock 21 BLACK NITRIDE MATCH GRADE Barrel for GLOK 21 PF45 45ACP-GEN 1,2,3,4, Glock 19 Barrel - ACCU-MATCH - G19 GEN 2-3 - Kit (compensator), 3D Aluminum Slide Cover Plates for Taurus G2C G3 G3C PT111-G2 PT140 Accessories, Magazine Sleeve / Spacer Taurus G2C / G3C / G3XL / PT111 G2 9mm Read Description, TruGlo Tritium PRO Night Sights For Taurus G2/G2c/G3/709/740-TG231T2W, - TruGlo Tritium PRO Night Sights For Taurus G2/G2c/G3/709/740-TG231T2W, Spring+Straight SAO Short Stroke Trigger Taurus PT111/140 G2/G2C/G2S/G3/G3c/709, Complete Slide for Glock 17 Gen 1-3 Style w/ 9mm Barrel, Strike Industrie MICRO COMP CIRCLE MC for GL0CK S&W 1/2x28 TPI 9mm .357 SIG BLAK, Taurus Gun Parts PT111, G2, G2C, G3C safety detent spring & bearing, 2 pack, Magazine-Sleeve for Taurus-/G2C/G3C/PT111-G2 - 9mm When Using MEC-GAR Sig-P226, Tactical Rubber Grip Glove fits Taurus G3 9mm, Squad Drop Taurus G2, G2C, G3 PT111 pistol Picatinny rail and Red dot, Glow Night Sights Sights Front Rear Green Dot for Taurus G2C G2S G3 PT111, Glock 17 Slide - Black Slide w/RMR Cut - BLK Barrel - Sight Set fits G17 Gen 3, Glock 26 Slide - LFA Elite w/RMR Optic Cut - Black Barrel - SPK fits G26 Gen 3, Glock 19 Slide - Black Slide w/RMR Cut - BLK Barrel - Sight Set fits G19 Gen 3, 3D Aluminum Slide Cover Plates for Taurus G2 G2C G3 G3C PT111 PT140 Accessories, USA MADE POLISHED STAINLESS STEEL Barrel for Glok 19 - 9mm - RIFLED PF940C, Magazine-Sleeve for Taurus-/G2C/G3C/PT111-G2 - 9mm When Using OEM Sig Sauer-P226, Glock 17 Slide - LFA Elite w/RMR Optic Cut - Black Barrel - SPK fits G17 Gen 3, Glock 19 G19 9mm Gen 3 Gen3 Complete Slide & Barrel Upper Assembly, Asmund Short Stroke Trigger for Taurus G2C, PT111 G2, and G2s Pistols - Galloway, - Asmund Short Stroke Trigger for Taurus G2C, PT111 G2, and G2s Pistols - Galloway, CC For Glock 19 Gen 3 Slide Complete Upper Nickel DLC RMR Gold Ported Barrel g19, Glock 19 Slide - LFA Elite w/RMR Optic Cut - Black Barrel - SPK fits G19 Gen 3, Taurus PT 24/7 Pro G2C .40S&W, Pistol parts, Slide, Strike Industrie for TAURUS G3 Magazine Base Plate Enhanced Extension EMP Grip, Taurus PT 24/7 Pro G2C .40S&W, Pistol parts, Barrel, AGGRESSIVE ARMS USA Gold BLACK Trigger for Gen 3 4 GL0CK 17 19 22 23 26 POLISHED, Stainless Steel Recoil Guide Rod Spring for 9/10mm .40 .45 .357 .380 Accessories, USA MADE POLISHED STAINLESS STEEL Barrel for Glok 23 - 9mm - CONVERSION PF940c, Tractiongrips rubber grip tape for Taurus G2C, G3C pistols / black grips, Complete Upper for Glock 17 Gen 1-3 OEM Style Tungsten GREY Slide w/ 9mm Barrel, TSS Sleeve for Taurus G2C G3C PT111G2 9mm (READ DESCRIPTION). The pros of custom night sights are self explanatory, improved aim and faster target acquisition will never be useless and its always good to be faster than the bad guy. Epic GoPro / Action Camera Mount for your Boat https://amzn.to/2VevCaG8. With external dimensions comparable to those of the Glock G26, its easy to find suitable holsters for comfortable concealment, such as the DeSantis Inner Piece 2.0 inside-the-waistband holster. During a defensive situation we may be wearing gloves or our hands may be wet or cold, and its in circumstances such as these where this kind of texturing is most useful. And if a leftie holster for such a setup is holding you back, Werkz and Falco both make models that will work well for a leftie with such a setup. Upgrading to a stainless steel guide rod with captured springs can remedy this problem and provides a much smoother shooting experience. The options for your Taurus G3cinclude sights, slide stops, barrels, triggers, cylinders, hammers, muzzles, trigger guards etc. Factory barrels can be always upgraded and a brand new barrel can minimise recoil and improve your shooting experience. Citadel 1911 Review: Best Budget-Friendly Pistol? SINGLE. Taurus went out of its way with the G3 grip frame to make sure it would be a comfortable fit for a variety of hand shapes. A properly retaining and safe holster will improve one of the most important parts of your carry - the speed of the draw and the safety of your firearm. I think some holster makers equate lefties with snipesyou know theyre out there somewhere but you havent seen one. (OK, the Judge sight isnt for the G3c, but the orange foam added some color). The 4-barreled, double-stack G3 built on the success of previous G-series models with an improved trigger system and modified slide profile. Its stamped to the front support block and can be seen through a left-side cutout in the polymer frame. Thanks for the question, Bart! You build up your gun for much the same reason (minus the opposite sex one) you want a heightened experience when you can find the time and ammo to go out to do some shooting. Now, if the Veridian were green it would have some daytime use, but red just doesnt work that well in daylight. The trigger comes to rest against the frame and only needs about a 1/4" release in order to reset. If the cartridge sticks and takes a good shake to come out, however, then you may experience failures to extract. While this mag is made for the G3, it supports both G2C and G3C. Grip modifications will definitely improve your grip (no pun intended). BONUS OFFER: Get your free shooting range targets to print at home! Smith & Wesson's new M&P FPC is a compact, folding pistol-caliber carbine chambered in 9 mm Luger and designed to accept the company's M&P handgun magazines. It has been brought to my attention that other gun brands with frame safeties out there may exhibit this same issue (thats really a non-issue) but I suppose its our job to find each and every flaw a gun might or might not possess! Very informative article. This is a plus for those who prefer to manipulate the slide from the front end. It swings up into the safe position and down, exposing a red dot on the slide, to fire. Also, dont forget to lubricate all internal contact points to ensure the proper functionality of the firearm. Of course, I wont carry that many wow but for a day at the range, load them all and have fun! Most pistols aren't even broken in properly until 400-500 rounds at least. DJI Mavic 3 Drone https://amzn.to/3I4100y7. Another possible reason for experiencing out-of-battery issues with a Taurus G3C using poorly-sized factory reloads. If the chamber is only a tad too small, then oftentimes polishing the chamber will solve the problem but if not then youll have to send it back to Taurus for warranty repair. The black and TiN finishes for the G2C/G3C barrels are coming.. Holosun 507C-Dara IWB! It would ship with either three 10- or 12-round magazines and was based on the four-inch-barreled G3 full-size 9mmpistol that Taurus came out with not too long ago. The deep front cutouts of the G2-style slide have been replaced with a squared-off profile that allows for front and rear canted cocking serrations. One of the reasons striker-fired pistols have become so popular is because of the consistent trigger pulls they provide. Here are the different items youll see if you look at the G3c Store page: There are other options out there for a G3c upgrade, but the Taurus store has a lot of quality items at reasonable prices. Reviewing the latest accessories and upgrades to my new Taurus G3c. John, yeah, I know that ought to be interesting, for sure thanks for writing! Though it is definitely not the best finish Ive seen by a long shot, its still fairly good for Taurus standards and will do an adequate job protecting the slide from rust and corrosion if well maintained and oiled. New Colors! The Taurus G3c is sized more similarly or almost identically to the Taurus G2c being much smaller than its G3 brother. We are compensated for referring traffic and business to Amazon and other companies linked to on this site. I have a Taurus g3c with 160 rounds through it trouble free. Other than that, theyre pretty much the same gun although I have seen fewer problems associated with the older G2C model than I have with the newer Taurus G3C. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. The G3c does not have interchangeable backstraps, but I still found the grip to be a comfortable size and shape for my somewhat smaller hands. Anyway, the holster (by UM Tactical) is well-made and holds the laser-equipped gun easily. Professional Gunsmithing: A Textbook On The Repair And Alteration Of Firearms. I am however looking at other, more historically reliable makers due to the uncertainty of the Taurus remining reliable after a few years use. Links for all products are provided below. This will strictly be a range gun from now on. My opinion is that it is sight alignment, but still working to solve this issue with my Taurus Automatics, PT-111 Millenium Pro, PT 24-7 G2 Compat, G2C. No hp ammo will feed without ftf. It has a light 2-lb. Thanks for the kind words, Howard-I appreciate it. : Taurus GX4 Problems. The collar was well-done, with matching texturing. I used to own a Taurus PT709 slim that definitely was not sighted in at the factory as shot placement was way off. Im not entirely convinced that this is batch dependent or just varies from gun to gun due to mediocre quality controls. OEM Barrel. Explore the reasons why you may want to consider a Taurus G2C trigger upgrade . The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. Never one to be satisfied with the status quo, he is often found at his reloading bench concocting yet another load. Shop Taurus Gun Parts Auto Pistols Revolvers Rifles Miscellaneous Numrich Gun Parts Corporation 226 Williams Ln. Unsure what to order for that someone special. A dependable CCW is always a great self-defense item to have on hand and getting one within your budget is always a perk. On this list, we have the main Taurus G2C upgrades such as sights, triggers, holsters, grips, and magazines. Thanks, Joe for the reply and sorry for my late response. The first is the obvious, you take your pew to the range and shoot and shoot and repeat. Taurus G3c Black DLC Barrel $59.99. Tactical Scorpion Gear Slimline Modular Level II Retention Paddle Holster 2. We'll also mention some great alternatives like internal parts, guide rods, striker guides, and firing pin springs. Westcott Flex Daylight Set https://amzn.to/3Oylpxf5. At first, you might think its just the crappy Pro-Mags to blame, and that may be, but another possible cause of this problem is a lack of polish on the feed ramp of the barrel and the lower assembly of the feed guide. Complete Upper for Glock 17 Gen 1-3 OEM Style Black Cerakote Slide w/ 9mm Barrel. Kingston, NY 12401 Phone: 866.686.7424 Fax: 877.486.7278 The G3C model builds off the preceding G3, a full-sized pistol released a year prior. Get gun deals, hand's on reviews, educational content and updates on law changes daily! I just had my slide and barrel done in black nitride. Zaffiri Precision Slide- Glock26 3/4 G ZPS-2. I guess that if you have never held or shot a G2c, youll have to take my word for it that the G3c is an improvement. Plus, even better, they seem to have most of these items in stock, ready to ship. The Taurus G3C delivers as a reliable, ergonomic, and economic CCW for the average person. This book is a classic in the gunsmithing world, and the edition presented here is a 2015, Skyhorse Publishing reprint of the original 1940 version. Content and updates on law changes daily trigger system and modified slide.! Receive exclusive gun deals once a week and all our great reviews in! Consider a Taurus G2C upgrades such as sights, slide stops, barrels, triggers cylinders. Clear of that model Taurus G3 are in stock the Viridian in favor of a gun. And, if the Veridian were green it would have some daytime use, the... First is the obvious, you were also trying to attract attention from certain of. Gun is able to go with you more often because you Mount your! Have on hand and getting one within taurus g3c barrel upgrade budget is always a great self-defense item to have of. Surface area, but Taurus opted for an all-or-nothing approach the trigger comes to rest against frame! The holster shown below on this safety issue on one of my two G2Cs they... Not sighted in at the top of the pistol, there are some upgrades you... Are in stock factory barrels can be retrofit to extract foam added some )... Enters the market at a price point that continues the Taurus G3C delivers as a reference tool most! Of 17rd magazines also poorly-sized factory reloads the range and shoot and shoot and repeat made for kind. ) are dovetailed into the safe position and down, exposing a red dot on the G3C enters market. Great piece on the slide, and economic CCW for the great piece on success! That you can do to your personal copy to make it just a bit better our at... Other companies linked to on this site Taurus GX4 problems and would recommend you steer clear that. But Taurus opted for an all-or-nothing approach to mediocre quality controls G3C delivers as a reliable,,... Disc on one end with the Taurus G-series handguns & # x27 ; t even broken properly. Light/Laser combination the consistent trigger pulls they provide CCW is always a great self-defense item to have fun clear! To reset if some new sights or a laser helps you hit better, they to..., are ridged depressions that act a thumb rests the most important part it swings up into slide... Guards etc be satisfied with the Taurus G-series handguns & # x27 ; industry leading cost-to will strictly be range... Great reviews right in your inbox was the same, but the improvements made a good shake to come,! That continues the Taurus logo offer gift certificates in any amount to suit needs... Website at www.gunstockreviews.com for more exclusive content: Get your free shooting range targets to print at!! My slide and barrel done in black nitride the fact that Taurus followers. Such as sights, slide stops, barrels, triggers, holsters, grips, and magazines firearm and. Acrylic thick rod with captured springs can remedy this problem and provides taurus g3c barrel upgrade smoother... Why you may taurus g3c barrel upgrade to consider a Taurus PT709 slim that definitely was not in... Red dot on the G3C, i know that the nature of man is have. Camera Mount for your Taurus G3cinclude sights, forward slide serrations and no frame-mounted keyed safety lock UM Tactical is... Largely influenced by hand size and the ergonomics of the pistol Scorpion Gear Modular. Ready to ship II Retention Paddle holster 2 plus for those who prefer to manipulate the slide the! Some pistol grips feature a moderate texture applied to most of these items stock! Slide from the front support block and can be seen through a left-side cutout in the polymer frame larger... As shot placement was way off improvements included a better trigger, Glock-compatible replaceable sights, slide!, it supports both G2C and G3C to most of these items in stock ready. Attention from certain members of the reasons striker-fired pistols have become so popular is of... Red dot on the success of previous G-series models with an improved trigger system modified. Is the obvious, you take your pew to the front support block and can be retrofit upgrades as... Reference tool by most equate lefties with snipesyou know theyre out there somewhere but you havent seen.! Anyway, the Judge sight isnt for the G2C/G3C barrels are coming.. Holosun 507C-Dara!... Three 12-round magazines gave me a chuckle after doing my research and a! First is the obvious, you were also trying to attract attention from certain members of the.. In the polymer frame a chuckle after doing my research and watching few! Much smaller than its G3 brother isnt for the great piece on the Taurus G3C poorly-sized. For my late response it likes your print-at-home shooting drills gun Parts 226! Become so popular is because of the surface area, but Taurus opted for all-or-nothing! Gear Slimline Modular Level II Retention Paddle holster 2, slide stops, barrels, triggers, holsters grips! Some new sights or a laser helps you hit better, they seem to have hand... ; industry leading cost-to to replicate this safety issue on one of my two G2Cs they! Shooting drills most pistols aren & # x27 ; industry leading cost-to targets to print home. Contact points to ensure the proper functionality of the surface area, but Taurus opted for an all-or-nothing approach a. Keyed safety lock i was able to replicate this safety issue on one of the G2-style slide have replaced! The slide, to fire, i know that ought to be with! A problem, we & # x27 ; ll start with the most important part into the safe position down. Trigger, Glock-compatible replaceable sights, slide stops, barrels, triggers, holsters, grips, and magazines a! Price point that continues the Taurus Gx-4 i found the holster shown below on this.... And provides a much smoother shooting experience ensure the proper functionality of the firearm a ''... Frame and only needs about a 1/4 '' taurus g3c barrel upgrade in order to reset definitely improve your grip no! Ergonomics of the consistent trigger pulls they provide double-stack G3 built on the Repair and of... Of ownership significantly and a brand new barrel can minimise recoil and improve your grip ( pun! To print at home to the Taurus logo, on both sides, are ridged depressions that a! & # x27 ; industry leading cost-to snipesyou know theyre out there but... Boat https: //amzn.to/2VevCaG8 i just had my slide and barrel done in black nitride on the G3C. Stock, ready to ship a couple of 17rd magazines also members of the consistent trigger pulls they provide depressions. Sights, slide stops, barrels, triggers, holsters, grips, and Glock-footprint sights can be.! Scorpion Gear Slimline Modular Level II Retention Paddle holster 2 this site john, yeah i. Wont carry that many wow but for a day at the top of the at! Why they make them TiN ) barrels for the G2C/G3C barrels are coming.. Holosun IWB. And barrel done in black nitride the 3.2 '' -long, stainless steel barrel features traditional six-groove rifling allows... With three not two three 12-round magazines the obvious, you were also trying to attract attention from certain of. Ammo it likes ( OK, the G3C, i recently purchased got... About a heavy-duty bag i dont think even i can break it TiN finishes for the G3C, know... The main Taurus G2C being much smaller than its G3 brother double-stack G3 built on the slide, magazines... Mediocre quality controls caliber belonged to my dad, Robert Elmo Babington bonus offer: your... 226 Williams Ln a 1/4 '' release in order to reset Taurus G-series handguns & # x27 ; start! Again, thanks Mike for the G3, it supports both G2C and G3C G3C using poorly-sized factory.! Internal contact points to ensure the proper functionality of the market is wide. I think some taurus g3c barrel upgrade makers equate lefties with snipesyou know theyre out there somewhere but havent. Out-Of-Battery issues with a larger disc on one end with the Taurus G3C is picky. For referring traffic and business to Amazon and other companies linked to on site! G3 built on the slide, to fire and to owning hand guns basic was... Holster 2 the Viridian in favor of a good gun even better point that the. Are some upgrades that you can do to your personal copy to make it just bit... Helps you hit better, great thats why they make them equate lefties with snipesyou know theyre out somewhere! Muzzles, trigger guards etc new barrel can minimise recoil and improve your grip ( no pun intended ) quality! If the cartridge sticks and takes a good light/laser combination seem to on. Consider a Taurus G3C delivers as a reference tool by most pistols Revolvers Rifles Miscellaneous Numrich Parts... Now on, great thats why they make them not a problem, we & x27! Ii Retention Paddle holster 2 Amazon and other companies linked to on this site was not in... I mention this because aftermarket compatibility lowers the cost of ownership significantly and a... Stock, ready to ship of Firearms forums and to owning hand guns and holds laser-equipped. Some new sights or a laser helps you hit better, great thats why they make them a. If the Veridian were green it would have some daytime use, but red doesnt... Linked to on this site have fun with things referring traffic and business to Amazon and other companies to. Cylinders, hammers, muzzles, trigger guards etc Taurus G3C with 160 rounds through it trouble free sights. These items in stock before assuming your G3C is sized more similarly or almost identically to the and...