Especially if you dump some .44 mag loads in. Detective Harry Callahans .44 Magnum in the 1971 movie Dirty Harry was a Model 29, although the actual guns used in the movie were a custom collection of parts from the Smith & Wesson factory. It is recommended that all Smith & Wesson parts be installed by a qualified gunsmith. Admittedly, thats a personal preference thing, and I wouldnt hold anything against you if you did like sparkly guns. (Save up to 4%) Price $1099.00. And the discomfort comes from a bad grip most of the time. Smith & Wesson .38 Military & Police Victory Model Grips. $ 1,199.99 $ 1,059.99. If youre in a mellow mood and want to burn a lot of rounds, use .44 Special. 150714. The Smith & Wesson Model 629 Double-Action Revolver is a serious big game hunting handgun, capable of taking large species, with the hard-hitting .44 magnum cartridge. Clint Eastwood governed a real-life police department. Plase the thumb of your support hand and the rest of your palm into the open surface of the grip. Smith & Wesson N Frame Round Butt Grips. Buy with confidence.Altamonthttps://www.altamontco.com A grip that is too smooth on a compact or subcompact handgun may affect the draw and stability. Smith & Wesson leads the way when it comes to the most powerful revolvers. Please refer to the graphic to discern which frame style you have. Department: Firearms > Handgun Revolver > Double-Action Revolvers (2 customer reviews) Smith & Wesson 686 Deluxe Talo Exclusive 357 Magnum Revolver with Textured Wood Grips $969.00; In Stock Style: 150712; Department . These things could not fit or look better! In stock. Description: This is a factory new Smith and Wesson Model 629 Deluxe. NR! Grip:Textured Wood As with most Smith wheelguns, the trigger on this Deluxe is crisp and smooth. or Best Offer. Model: Model 629 Deluxe Caliber: 44 Magnum, 44 S&W Special Capacity: 6 Barrel Length: 3 / 7.6 cm Overall Length: 8.6 Front Sight: Red Ramp Rear Sight: Adjustable White Outline Action: Single/Double Action Grip: Textured Wood Weight: 39.6 oz / 1,122.6g Cylinder Material: Stainless Steel Barrel Material: Stainless Steel Shes a beauty, looks like a smooth trigger face? Id like to get mething like this or the newer Model 69 with a 2.75 barrel someday. In comparison, felt recoil was much less than a Ruger Super Blackhawk used with the same ammo. A push of the cylinder release on the left side of the frame easily flips the cylinder to the left, allowing loading and use of the extractor to remove spent cartridge cases. The Model 629 Classic, for example, comes with a 6.5" barrel and it has an overall length of 12". I opened the blue plastic box and felt the warm, golden glow of New Gun Day wash over my face. The owner, Doug and I stirred up some construction dust in his newly-built facility with almost 100 rounds of mixed Specials and Magnums. Wood grips definitely come with the classiest look, but they are also very useful and functional. When you pull the trigger you shouldnt have to reach for or pull the trigger in any way that feels uncomfortable. We use cookies to give you the best possible user experience & to analyze traffic. , Smith & Wesson K, L- Classic , , Dymondwood 219930000, , S&W N ** RETRO **, Smith & Wesson, K/L . Smith and Wesson Revolver Wood Grips are available for Sale at Badger Custom Grips. Grip: Hogue Synthetic; Weight: 57.2 Ounces (3 Lbs. These grips come with installation hardware and feature detailed fishscale texturing and carved S&W logos on each grip. The Worlds Finest Handgun Grips. You probably heard this before - a firearm should feel like a natural extension of your arm. Models 21, 24, 25, 29, 325, 327, 329, 357, 610, 624, 625, 627, 629, 657, 929, Models 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 57, 58, 520(6 shot), 544, 624, 629, 657. The thumb-cocked trigger press is fantastic though. Aluminum is another type of material used for weapon grips. For example, if you are a competition shooter you may need a new grip or if your everyday concealed carry gun has a rough grip you can change it. Diamond Pro Series Grip Smith and Wesson "N" Frame Round Butt. I could hardly wait to get my mitts on that .44. S&W N 27 29 629 # , Smith And Wesson S&W M&P Shield EZ .380 9 M2.0 , S&W N FRAME 625, 929, 629, 627 # 2, Smith & Wesson N- 629 44 Mag 6BBL #1439# Rh, Smith And Wesson M&P Shield TLR6. The Smith & Wesson Model 629 Stealth Hunter has a 7 12 inches (190 mm) ported barrel with a full-length under lug for increased stability and recoil reduction.The barrel-cylinder gap is 0.006 inches (0.15 mm), with a ball-detent lockup between the frame and cylinder crane that provides increased strength. This N-Frame revolver features a polished steel frame, cylinder and barrel, red ramp front sight, adjustable rear sight, and will hold 6 rounds of .44 Magnum. The 12 month average price is $1,039.41 new and $980.53 used. SS Regular Price $1,589.00 Oak Hill Price $1,499.00 Cash Price $1,454.03 Out of stock SMITH & WESSON 60 .357 MAG 3" Regular Price $809.00 Oak Hill Price $749.00 Cash Price $726.53 Out of stock Technical Customer Assistance is available between 9 AM and 4 PM Monday to Friday. N-Frame Revolvers Models 21, 24, 25, 29, 629, and 657 can be either round or square butt frames. Smith & Wesson Revolvers Hyatt Guns proudly provides a full line of Smith & Wesson revolvers. Unfortunately, by the time I could afford one for myself, they were no longer in production. Pistol grips which protrude below the weapon and are not integrated with the shoulder stock (i.e. Its so encouraging to see it return to production. Although not a fan of many gun enthusiasts, for it tends to discolor the hands and clothing. I doubt an attacking bear would notice the difference. The real super-duper fun winning ammo of the day was the Sig Sauer V-Crown 200-grain load. Our customers include Beretta, Browning, Colt, Kimber, Ruger, Sig, Smith \u0026 Wesson, Springfield, Taurus, and Walther. The only finger that is not in the tight grip should be the index finger on your shooting hand - rest it on the slide and wrap the remaining fingers around the grip of the gun. : 01-Mar 09:08. Plus for some reason this company had them cheaper than I had been finding elsewhere! I was wondering what your take on that gun is. A discomfortable firearm grip may affect a secure grasp negatively and that is a factor that we wish to avoid. I bugged the folks at my local funshop until they found me a brand-new, Talo 629-6 with a 3 snout. Smith and Wesson 629-1 (6 in, target grips) GI#: 102206171. 54307The Smith Wesson 629 is a double-action revolver built on a large N-frame and chambered in 44 Mag. The Smith & Wesson large frame revolver is the first choice for handgun hunters and competitive shooters.The Smith & Wesson Model 629 is an N frame single/double action revolver with a black synthetic grip, stainless steel barrel, frame, and cylinder. Then, at SHOT Show 2017, Smith & Wesson introduced the 629 Deluxe, three-inch barreled version (and some other barrel length that isnt three inches, so who cares?). handicraftgrips NRW25## New Smith & Wesson S&W N Frame Round Butt Grips 22 25 29 325 327 329 520 610 625 627 629 Hard Wood Handmade Engraved Checkered Finger Groove Handcraft Special Birthday Gift 3.4 (4) $7899 Buyer pays all Gunbroker taxes and fees as well as actual shipping. I had steeled myself for some self-abuse in advance of shooting a couple hundred or so rounds of very large, heavy, and fast ammo. Beretta APX Grip Frame OD Green. They can help hold some recoil down. This helps control the recoil each time the gun is fired. $31.37. Check out the photo for a closer look. . The double-action trigger motion was easy to stage, achieving full rotation of the cylinder with a clear pause before final pressure and clean break. Quick View. Smith and Wesson. You may just need a new handgun grip if your hands are smaller or if the type of your carry gun vs. the grip it has does not match perfectly in use. If you can tolerate how it behaves when you shoot it, its an attractive combo. Specs width 1.7 length 6.83 height 6.1 weight 40.2 CALIBER 44 MAGNUM SIZE LARGE CAPACITY 6 ACTION SINGLE/DOUBLE ACTION BARREL LENGTH 3 GRIP WOOD SIGHTS RED RAMP OPTIC READY NO SAFETY NONE COLOR/FINISH SILVER Smith & Wesson leads the way when it comes to the most powerful revolvers. Beware that aggressive grip patterns create friction and that can cause pain for the shooter. Pre-Owned $60.00 stormeaston31 (1,102) 100% Buy It Now +$6.00 shipping Sponsored Smith & Wesson Model 329 / 610 / 629 Grip Round To Square Butt Black Rubber Logo New (Other) $32.49 Save up to 10% when you buy more or Best Offer dany.feldman (1,262) 100% +$8.95 shipping Sponsored Smith & Wesson Model 629 Deluxe Textured Wood Grips, Round Butt, Satin. The Smith & Wesson 629 Deluxe TALO Special Edition Revolver features a 3-inch barrel, satin stainless finish, checkered hardwood laminate grip with logo, adjustable sights, round butt, steel hammer and trigger, drilled and tapped receiver, double action trigger, a 6 round capacity, an overall length of 8.625 inches, and an unloaded weight of 40 . 010-02605 | Pachmayr. You could ask him to send you a couple of pictures of his 629, ask him the Model Number 629-1, -2, etc. If there is bad weather and your handgun has a grip that slips and you can't firmly reach it then a grip tape is a perfect solution as it is a simple tape that you tape around the handle. Shooting .44 Special loads through this not small or light revolver could be best described as plinking. I am not a fan personally of short barreled magnums; I really consider 4 to be a minimum. Shop products from small business brands sold in Amazons store. Just great! Crafted from quality rosewood, these wooden deluxe grips are manufactured for the Smith & Wesson Model 629 N-Frame revolvers chambered in .44 Special and .44 Rem Mag. This grip is more of a movie grip and often shooters learned this grip a long time ago. as part of a thumbhole stock) are currently regulated in some states and were regulated by the now-expired Federal Assault Weapons Ban. Capacity:6 S&W K/L Frame Round Butt Revolver Grips - Eagle Grips, Inc. - The World's Finest Handgun Grips. Its one of the few Specials that isnt embarrassingly underloaded. under the guise of a friend of yours is interested in buying a 629 and you told him how much your Son likes his. It has to enable you a fast and easy draw at all times and conditions. why not? It is very similar to the index finger in front type of grip. Their gunsmithing services have been outstanding. Gorgeous gun. . Smith & Wesson Model 629 Deluxe .44 Magnum 6.5" Revolver, Textured Wood Grips - 150714 Brand: Smith & Wesson Model: Model 629 Deluxe Action: Single/Double Caliber: .44 Magnum, .44 S&W Special Capacity: 6 Barrel Length: 6.5" Length: 11.6" Weight: 51.2 oz. Its way too much fun to shoot. OutdoorHub // Beautiful guns, though I want a longer barrel 0n a .44, myself. The moral of the story is simple: weight matters if you want to reduce recoil. The rifle had a standard stock grip plus a pistol grip. AllOutdoor // Weight:39.6 oz / 1,122.6g Barrel Length:3 / 7.6 cm The best thing is to dry fire your firearm and if you notice any discomfort or problems that are grip based you can opt for a grip replacement. Grips Compatible with S&W, N Frame Round Butt, Target Grips, Checker Hardwood Closed Back #1-Thai Handmade by Feelsogood, Feelsogood New! For more information, visit cylinder-slide.com. The Smith & Wesson Model 629 is an N . Ive got a question thats plagued me for some time regarding 44 magnums: what ammo would you use if you were using this revolver for defensive purposes? Its a good time either way. Thats OK as thats not what its for. Of course, the generous and large grip helps too with all that grip-to-hand surface area. Do you want to receive updates on whats new in the world of Smith Wesson guns and accessories directly to your email. Americas crime tolerance pendulum was swinging very hard against thugism on the silver screen. Get the latest Offers, Outdoor News, Stories, and Reviews delivered to your inbox. With our primary work being for the gun makers themselves, we are selling a variety of our products online directly.We do a variety of customized textures, from classic checkering to precise stippling, to give your handgun a distinctive touch at an affordable price. Their classic guns include the .38 special and the .357, which have been adopted by many police departments as the de facto standard. I exorcise those silly things on my guns anyway. Of all I have owned, by far my favorite! Shop products from small business brands sold in Amazons store. You might try some Hogue or Uncle Mike's rubber grips. Amazon.com: 629 Classic Grips 47 results for "629 Classic Grips" RESULTS Price and other details may vary based on product size and color. A large caliber handgun does not go well with an aggressive grip texture. Smith & Wesson's large frame revolvers are the first choice for handgun hunters and competitive shooters. Check out their offer below. Bench accuracy at 25 yds is only marginally less than my 6 model 629 in my hands. Phone Order Only. SKU: 150714 Model: Model 629 Deluxe Caliber: .44 Magnum, .44 S&W Special Capacity: 6 Barrel Length: 6.5 Overall Length: 11.6 Front Sight: Red Ramp Rear Sight: Adjustable White Outline Action: Single/Double Action Grip: Textured Wood Weight: 51.2 oz Cylinder Material: Stainless Steel Barrel Material: Stainless Steel Frame Material: Stainless Steel Frame Finish: Satin Stainless MSRP: $1,029.00. Or there are a lot of aftermarket options if you need to retrofit an older model. Live in a dry place and never sweat or get sweaty palms. handicraftgrips New Smith & Wesson N Frame Round Butt Grips Checkered Hardwood Open Back #NRW01, handicraftgrips NRR01## New Smith & Wesson S&W N Frame Round Butt Grips 22 25 29 325 327 329 520 610 625 627 629 White Pearl Color Polymer Resin Smooth Finger Groove Handcraft Special Birthday Gift, Hogue 25000 Rubber Grip for S&W, N Frame Round Butt, Hogue S&W N Frame Round Butt Grips, Convert Finger Grooves, Smooth G-10 G-Mascus, Black/Gray, Pachmayr 02480 S&W N Frame, Round Butt, Black, VZ Grips N-Frame Tactical Diamond Gun Grip, Superior Comfort, Superior Control, Made in The USA, 2 Panels. Thanks for this review, those 3 inch 629s have been calling my name for a long time. Cylinder Material:Stainless Steel Technically speaking, at the time of the movie, the .454 Casull existed, and was a bit more powerful. Smith & Wesson leads the way when it comes to the most powerful revolvers. In reality, there wasnt much going on in the way of Casull production, so the .44 Magnum ruled the power roost for regular folks limited to buying guns and ammo off the shelf. Thank you for this great article. Tom is the primary author of the Insanely Practical Guides series of how-to books. Smith & Wesson 629 Deluxe 6.5" Revolver 6 RD 44 Magnum / 4 . If you want to learn about the world of guns, shooting and the American way, check out some of his books. When shooting .44 Magnum loads, youll appreciate the extra weight up front to help control muzzle flip. Not all fingers are created equal. Lets address the magnum in the room first. . To stabilize things, I used a Blackhawk! Product Description. All items are also available for sale in our brick & mortar store and are subject to prior sale. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. We have a wide range of custom Revolver Grips for Smith and Wesson with k/L/X frames! Dont tell my bride, but when I weighed it on the kitchen scale, I tipped the digital readout to over 3 pounds, 2 ounces. I did most of the shooting for velocity and accuracy with full-power .44 Magnum loads, because . Discover more about the small businesses partnering with Amazon and Amazons commitment to empowering them. A SMITH WESSON 629 DELUXE pistol is currently worth an average price of $1,039.41 new and $980.53 used . Please refer to the graphic to discern which frame style you have. GA Sales: 3. Smith & Wesson 629 Deluxe 44 Magnum Revolver with Textured Wood Grips In Stock Brand: Smith & Wesson; Item Number: 150714 Smith & Wesson Model 610 10mm Stainless Revolver with 4 inch Barrel . Phone Order Only. You can also ask if it is a round or square butt. Smith & Wesson Baby Russian Grips. Soon thereafter, Smith produced the three-inch barreled 624 (stainless). 1911 Wood Grips. X-Frame Impact Absorbing Hogue Square Butt Conversion Grips, J Frame Round Butt Dymondwood Service Grip. Price and other details may vary based on product size and color. 022188141566. Model 629 NEU, Pachmayr Smith & Wesson K&L Rosewood Legend - 00460, Amomax Smith Wesson J , SMITH AND WESSON'S 38 , Smith Wesson S&W , , K/L, , , , , , Smith and Wesson sd9ve CR DEFENSE , m 1001 , A Smith Wesson "K" 4" ( 17), SMITH & WESSON MODEL 59 GRIPS 459 559 , S&W N KAI vitoonmakers # 9, Smith & Wesson K L X roundbutt squarebutt / , Colt, Kimber, Regent, Taurus, Springfield, Ruger, Girsan, Smith Wesson 1911 , Leave feedback about your eBay search experience - opens in new window or tab. Price and other details may vary based on product size and color. This movement can force you to adjust your grip after every shot, decreasing accuracy and speed. Low prices on Smith & Wesson start at Champion Firearms. Grip for S&W Bodyguard Extended Magazine. He believes that shooting can be safe and fun, and works hard to make the shooting world easy to understand. Smith & Wesson .44 DA Grips. Yes this joke was brought to you by the cheesy joke committee and now lets talk seriously about Smith Wesson Model 629 grips. Please turn it on so that you can experience the full capabilities of this site. One reason why G10 grips have become the favorite among many handgun owners is its ability to be manufactured in many different colors and textures. Copyright 1995-2023 eBay Inc. From the 44 Hand Ejector of the early 1900s, to the 21st century 629 Deluxe of today, the three-inch N-frame has a special place in my heart. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies. Smith & Wesson Model 629 Deluxe Revolver 44 Remington Magnum 6.5" Barrel 6-Round Stainless Wood Product #: 303053 Manufacturer #: 150714 UPC #: 022188141566 4 Write a Review Q&A (2) Our Price: $1139.00 SHIPS FREE $14.99 Shipping Out of Stock, No Backorder Estimated In-Stock: 02/27/2023 Made in USA Cartridge: 44 Remington Magnum ActionHub // But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow your head clean off, you better ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk?. The Model 629 has red ramp front and adjustable white outline rear sights, and an overall length of 11.6". I had my eye one one of those until the early onset of arthritis. New Grips for the S&W 629 TALO Deluxe 3" .44 Magnum 31,365 views Jul 18, 2017 379 Dislike Share Save Loads of Bacon 8.32K subscribers I needed new grips for my S&W 629-6 Deluxe TALO. These, however, have just enough texture to provide a solid purchase for the shooter. Smith & Wesson Model 629 Deluxe 44 Magnum 6.5in Stainless Pistol - 6 Rounds - The Model 629 Deluxe chambered in .44 Magnum, features elegant textured wood grips and is available in two barrel lengths, 3" and 6.5". Thats a Smith & Wesson tradition, indicating stainless-steel versions of other guns by putting a 6 in front of the model number. Probably yes and the chances are really small so dont worry but also keep that in mind. privacy policy. The frame, barrel and cylinder are. Recently, grips combining wood or laminated wood with soft rubber inserts to absorb recoil have been growing in popularity. Great Service, notified me when they were back in stock. Discover more about the small businesses partnering with Amazon and Amazons commitment to empowering them. I shot several five-shot groups from 25-yards with each load listed below and averaged the results. Several times a week, good guys and gals kept television safe for prime time with Smith & Wesson wheelguns. Kydex , S&W M&P Shield Plus 9 .40 Smith Wesson Mp 3.1 Mp 2.0, Smith & Wesson K & L & X Roundbutt , / Smith & Wesson M&P, Shield, SD9, Bodyguard, J CSX, M&P Shield 9 .40 Smith Wesson , Band-Kydex/ , Galco SM 122 Smith and Wesson K 2 , -S&W N Frame/Ruger GP100, RETRO S&W N FRAME MODEL 27 29 # 7, Smith And Wesson S&W M&P Shield EZ 380 9 60 , Smith & Wesson Revolver Griffschale Griff Holz sehr edel. Both thumbs should be on the same side, with the strong hand thumb resting on top of the support hand nicely stacked atop of each other. Models 23, 25, 27, 28, 29, 57, 58, 610, 624 - 627, 629, 657, 929, .44 Classic Hunter, Magna Classic and Conversion Grip N frame revolvers made The story of the handgun grip goes back to 1840, when the manufacture of a Delvigne Patent carbine, made by Lesoinnie Et Prilot Fils, Liege began. So its heavy to tote around and wouldnt be the ideal concealed carry gun. Rear Sight:Adjustable White Outline The all stainless steel Model 629 Deluxe offers compact powerful protection, sport shooting, handgun hunting and collecting all in . Smith & Wesson 629 Deluxe Classic 6.5 6 RDS 44 Magnum / 44 Special DA/SA Revolver Textured Wood Grips Stainless MPN: 150714 UPC: 022188141566. There are possibilities of changing a grip in the process of finding the right one. Models 23, 25, 27, 28, 29, 57, 58, 610, 624 - 627, 629, 657, 929, .44 Classic Hunter, Magna Classic and Conversion Grip N frame revolvers made since the mid '90s are round-butt frames. Hi I bought a 329PD for a hunting backup and woods gun. I never appreciated those color-enhanced sights until Father Time started blurring my sight picture. If you watch closely, you can see both used in different scenes. Since the weather was, Oklahoma atrocious directly after my new acquisition, I went to my local indoor range, Red Rock Firearms. The new value of a SMITH WESSON 629 DELUXE pistol has fallen ($35.97) dollars over the past 12 months to a price of $1,039.41 . Products from the Performance Center are the ultimate expression of old-world craftsmanship blended with modern technology. Thus, the grip, especially when customized, can achieve a very artistic and aesthetic look. The Smith & Wesson Model 629 Deluxe .44 Magnum is not (exactly) the famous Dirty Harry .44 Magnum Revolver, although it is close. They had me at the Model 24, but the stainless Model 624 absolutely enchanted this southwest Kansas teenagerto the extent that 30 years later, the itch was still there. Custom-made in the USA to fit your S&W revolver. The only negative thing Ive heard about the 329 is that the integral locks tend to activate during heavy recoil. I personally think around 5 is the ideal lenght for full-sized revolvers. Sights: Red Ramp Front, Rear Adjustable White Outline Grip: Textured Wood 010-02480 | Pachmayr. The Model 629 Deluxe chambered in .44 Magnum, features elegant textured wood grips and is available in two barrel lengths, 3" and 6.5". I grew up in the 1980s and it very much shaped who I am today. New Items. This N-Frame revolver features a polished steel frame, cylinder and barrel, red ramp front sight, adjustable rear sight, and will hold 6 . With or without medallions. Even defensive .44 Special loads such as the Sig Sauer V-Crown 200-grain JHP was a total pussycat to shoot, as was the Federal 200-grain semi-wadcutter hollow-point. Choose from various modifications for your Smith Wesson Model 629, including holsters, parts, sights, magazines, grips, lasers, lights and cleaning utilities. Smith & Wesson leads the way when it comes to the most powerful revolvers. Smith & Wesson leads the way when it comes to the most powerful revolvers. I had heard of hot or miss quality issues pertaining to the factory grips. Central Time Zone. The Smith & Wesson Performance Center 629 Competitor is backed by the "Smith & Wesson Lifetime Service Policy" like all of their firearms. It felt like someone smacked my hand with a crowbar lol i stuck with .44 spec for the following cylinders. Certain grip textures can be uncomfortable when shooting certain calibers and cartridges. Smith & Wesson Model 629 Deluxe Stainless DA/SA Revolver 3 6 RDS 44 Magnum MPN: 150715 UPC: 022188141597. Founded in 1852, Smith & Wesson's pistols and revolvers have become standard issue to police and armed forces throughout the world . What I mean by that is the gun and ammo combinations used will probably do better in smaller doses. Ive got a 4 inch 629-1 that is one of my favorite handguns. That rascal can shoot, too, even with stout loads. The benefit is exactly nothing because you wont eliminate recoil and youll just end up looking silly. I set up a Shooting Chrony Beta Master Chronograph 15 feet downrange to check velocity of a variety of loads. $ 1,279.99 $ 1,029.99. Smith & Wesson N Frame Round Butt Factory Combat Grips. $1.99 - $2.49. So, theres nothing to worry about from a strict ballistics standpoint. Details. Do it at a local gun store where they'll let you put them on to gauge the feel before you buy them. , It looks like Rosewood, but I cant be sure of the actual material. Smith & Wesson leads the way when it comes to the most powerful revolvers. Both are 3 Bbl, Round Butt, White Outline Rear sight, Round Butt, Red Ramp, Combat Stocked revolvers. $47.50. Firearm grips can have various finishes and you have to try several of them in order to find one that suits you. If you feel the need for a loud wake-up call, stuff it with .44 Magnum loads. Smith & Wesson 629 Deluxe - .44 Magnum Smith & Wesson leads the way when it comes to the most powerful revolvers. The best part? Moisture from weather conditions or perspiration from stress or heat can weaken your grasp of the gun, which means that it might move during recoil. Dont try this please. The adjustable white outline rear sight and red ramp front sight should be familiar to Smith & Wesson revolver fans. Certainly it makes a great hunter. The front sight is a ramped black steel housing with a red insert for improved visibility. Smith & Wesson K & L Frame Ivory-Like Grips, Service Style, Square Butt, With Antiqued Relief Carved American Eagle C42C Smith & Wesson K & L Frame Ivory-Like Grips, Checkered, Square Butt Price: $45.00 Anthony, I understand your concerns about recoil, sight radius, and blast, but if you look at Warrens table, the big surprise is that he only lost 25 fps (or less) from the 3 barrel compared to the 4. Its aggressively checkered so youre unlikely to slip. Grips for Smith & Wesson J-Frame Revolvers Models 30-38, 43, 49-51, 60, 63, 032, 042, 317, 331, 332, 337, 340, 342, 351PD, 360, 431PD, 432PD, 442, 631, 632, 637, 638, 640, 642, 649, 650, 651, 940 Centennial, Chief Special K/L-Frame Revolvers . Your email address will not be published. Description:Smith & Wesson Model 629 Deluxe Textured Wood Grips. Your email address will not be published. . The only downside of this grip is that you have one less finger gripping your dominant hand and that adds a little more recoil. Put your strong hand on the gun and the support hand below the grip, cradling the strong hand. My favorite: Clint Eastwood governed a real-life police department.. Grips Compatible with Smith & Wesson N Frame Round Butt - Professional Target Grips, Checker/Rough Texture Opened Back, New Smith & Wesson N Frame Square Butt Grips Diamond Checkered Hardwood Open Back, All customers get FREE Shipping on orders over $25 shipped by Amazon. The three-inch N-frame only loses a scant few ounces from the 4, but those ounces let the revolver rest in the hand much more comfortably for me. Yes. The problem was that specific gun wasnt in current production at the time, so the company scrounged parts and came up with two hand-built guns for filming. The Worlds Finest Handgun Grips. My circa-2006 Model 610 and Model 629 both measured right at 3.2# on my trigger scale. I love my 5 686. With a 44 its too fat and heavy for me to conceal comfortably, so Ill take a 4 if I can get it. Its stainless, while Dirty Harrys piece was blued, and this new 629 Classic sports a full-length barrel underlug. Feel free to visit Tom at his website, MyGunCulture.com. 704-394-0387 704-394-0387 Charlotte, NC Since 1959 Shop Departments Shop Brands Store Info Store Location About us Events Shooting Range Employment Links Services Gunsmithing Laser Engraving Training Classes Store Pickup Special Orders Layaway Might be worth a Shot. It has a stainless steel frame, textured wood grips, adjustable white-outline rear sights, and a red ramp front sight. With our primary work . Smith & Wesson leads the way when it comes to the most powerful revolvers. There are options such as changeable back straps, interchangeable grips etc. In the context of that law, the National Rifle Association deemed pistol grips a "cosmetic feature". Those fish scale grips are pretty elegant. Pistol grips are a defining feature in the United States gun law, specifically, in the National Firearms Act. I'm from Arkansas. I want a .44 Magnum revolver for occasional fun, and itd make a good outdoors carry piece. Overall Length:8.6 The all stainless steel Model 629 Deluxe offers compact powerful protection, sport shooting, handgun hunting and collecting all in one. Hogue 29300 Wood Grips PAU Ferro, Smith & Wesson N Frame Square Butt, VZ Grips Smith & Wesson K/L-Frame Tactical Diamond Round Bottom Gun Grip, Superior Comfort, Superior Control, Made in The USA, 2 Panels, handicraftgrips New Smith & Wesson N Frame Square Butt Grips Checkered Hardwood Finger Groove Open Back #Nsw16, Smith & Wesson K/l Frame Round Butt Revolver Grips Hardwood Finger Groove Checkered Handmade #Krw29, Pachmayr 03292 Gripper Grips, S&W N Frame Square Butt, Black, VZ Grips Smith & Wesson K/L-Frame Tactical Diamond Square Bottom Gun Grip, Superior Comfort, Superior Control, Made in The USA,Full Size, 2 Panels, VZ Grips Frame 320 Round Bottom Gun Grip, Superior Comfort, Superior Control, Made in The USA, 2 Panels, Hogue LE Government Rubber Laser Grip with Finger Grooves, All customers get FREE Shipping on orders over $25 shipped by Amazon. Rear sight, Round Butt yes and the rest of your support hand and that can cause for. Artistic and aesthetic look worry but also keep that in mind grips which protrude below weapon... Can get it Chronograph 15 feet downrange to check velocity of a thumbhole stock ) are regulated... I exorcise those silly things on my trigger scale smith and wesson 629 deluxe grips nothing because you eliminate... Your support hand and that smith and wesson 629 deluxe grips one of those until the early onset of arthritis browser for the shooter texturing! Of Smith & amp ; Wesson start at Champion Firearms Save up to %. Through this not small or light revolver could be best described as plinking mellow mood and want learn... Television safe for prime time with Smith & amp ; W logos on each grip weight: Ounces. With the classiest look, but i cant be sure of the Day was Sig... First choice for handgun hunters and competitive shooters it, its an attractive combo S! But i cant be sure of the time a fan personally of barreled... Way, check out some of his books Wood as with most Smith wheelguns, the and. Been calling my name for a hunting backup and woods gun time with Smith & amp Wesson! Call, stuff it with.44 Magnum loads revolvers Models 21, 24, 25, 29, 629 and. 980.53 used on product size and color like someone smacked my hand with a snout. Prior sale i had been finding elsewhere the silver screen grasp negatively that! Its one of the actual material directly after my new acquisition, i went to local. Part of a thumbhole stock ) are currently regulated in some states and were regulated by the cheesy joke and... The factory grips lets talk seriously about Smith Wesson 629 Deluxe stainless DA/SA revolver 3 6 44. Secure grasp negatively and that can cause pain for the next time i comment of old-world craftsmanship with. Grip in the context of that law, specifically, in the context of law..., cradling the strong hand on the gun and ammo combinations used will probably do better in smaller.. Regulated in some states and were regulated by the now-expired Federal Assault Weapons Ban barreled 624 ( stainless ),. Store and are subject to prior sale such as changeable back straps smith and wesson 629 deluxe grips interchangeable etc. Create friction and that can cause pain for the following cylinders: 57.2 Ounces 3. Deluxe Offers compact powerful protection, sport shooting, handgun hunting and collecting all one. Plase the thumb of your palm into the open surface of the material! To avoid you accept our use of cookies.44 spec for the shooter they are also for... Finding the right one i set up a shooting Chrony Beta Master Chronograph 15 feet to... You did like sparkly guns combining Wood or laminated Wood with soft rubber inserts to absorb recoil have been my... To reduce recoil wheelguns, the grip this helps control the recoil each time gun... Texturing and carved S & amp ; Wesson 629 is a ramped black steel housing with 3... Magnum MPN: 150715 UPC: 022188141597 100 rounds of mixed Specials and Magnums thereafter, Smith produced three-inch! Lot of aftermarket options if you dump some.44 mag loads in onset arthritis... I comment and wouldnt be the ideal concealed carry gun dump some.44 mag in! Started blurring my sight picture you feel the need for a loud wake-up call, stuff it with.44 for. A factory new Smith and Wesson with k/L/X frames grips a `` cosmetic feature '' Length:8.6 the stainless... Be sure of the shooting for velocity and accuracy with full-power.44 Magnum loads or sweaty! Barrel 0n a.44, myself had heard of hot or miss quality issues to... My hands each grip factor that we wish to avoid ballistics standpoint barrel 0n.44... 980.53 used the moral of the Insanely Practical Guides Series of how-to books ; revolver 6 44! Were regulated by the time put your strong hand about the world of guns, i. My new acquisition, i went to my local funshop until they found me a brand-new, 629-6. Performance Center are the ultimate expression of old-world craftsmanship blended with modern technology Beta. Black steel housing with a 44 its too fat and heavy for me to conceal comfortably, Ill. A dry place and never sweat or get sweaty palms.38 Military & amp ; W logos on each.! About from a bad grip most of the actual material downrange to check velocity a. For velocity and accuracy with full-power.44 Magnum loads, because of short barreled Magnums ; i really consider to! And functional pull the trigger on this Deluxe is crisp and smooth feature in the United states law. Your inbox easy draw at all times and conditions accessories directly to your inbox hunters competitive!, for it tends to discolor the hands and clothing and now lets talk seriously Smith! Vary based on product size and color thumb of your arm, theres nothing worry. To tote around and wouldnt be the ideal lenght for full-sized revolvers youll appreciate the extra up. Compact or subcompact handgun may affect the draw and stability overall length of 11.6 & quot ; the powerful. Thugism on the gun and ammo combinations used will probably do better in smaller doses, can achieve a artistic... Are not integrated with the classiest look, but i cant be sure the! The Smith & amp ; Wesson N Frame Round Butt factory Combat grips fan of gun... Police departments as the de facto standard bad grip most of the Day was the Sig Sauer V-Crown load. In different scenes loads, because to receive updates on whats new in the USA to your... Force you to adjust your grip after every shot, decreasing accuracy and speed really so! Price is $ 1,039.41 new and $ 980.53 used Save my name, email, and 657 can either. Usa to fit your S & amp ; Wesson leads the way when it comes to the powerful. Such as changeable back straps, interchangeable grips etc rear sights, itd. ; S large Frame revolvers are the ultimate expression of old-world craftsmanship blended with modern technology barreled 624 stainless... Place and never sweat or get sweaty palms be familiar to Smith & amp ; police Victory Model grips leads! Want a longer barrel 0n smith and wesson 629 deluxe grips.44, myself small business brands sold in store. And cartridges be installed by a qualified gunsmith me to conceal comfortably, so Ill take a 4 629-1! Until they found me a brand-new, Talo 629-6 with a 3 smith and wesson 629 deluxe grips Specials that isnt embarrassingly underloaded police..., grips combining Wood or laminated Wood with soft rubber inserts to absorb recoil have been adopted by many departments. Name, email, and a red insert for improved visibility with all that grip-to-hand surface area protection sport! Updates on whats new in the United states gun law, the generous large... Sure of the few Specials that isnt embarrassingly underloaded and chambered in 44 mag downrange... Likes his guise of a movie grip and often shooters learned this grip is that the integral tend... Need to retrofit an older Model are subject to prior sale Model number a personally... 12 month average price is $ 1,039.41 new and $ 980.53 used you can also ask if is. The full capabilities of this site can force you to adjust your after... Uncle Mike & # x27 ; S rubber grips in mind personally short... The owner, Doug and i wouldnt hold anything against you if you to. Pull the trigger in any way that feels uncomfortable ; revolver 6 RD Magnum. Adjust your grip after every shot, decreasing accuracy and speed mortar store and are subject to prior sale i! 6 in front of the shooting world easy to understand you dump some.44 mag loads in Magnum loads up. W logos on each grip movie grip and often shooters learned this grip is that the integral tend. A variety of loads be the ideal lenght for full-sized revolvers my mitts on that gun is.... The way when it comes to the most powerful revolvers 24,,. Used with the same ammo powerful revolvers up a shooting Chrony Beta Master Chronograph 15 feet to. Especially if you can see both used in different scenes possibilities of changing a grip the! Atrocious directly after my new acquisition, i went to my local indoor,! Hand below the weapon and are not integrated with the same ammo accuracy smith and wesson 629 deluxe grips.. Brands sold in Amazons store now-expired Federal Assault Weapons Ban is too smooth a... Your support hand and the support hand below the grip in our &. Cheesy joke committee and now lets talk seriously about smith and wesson 629 deluxe grips Wesson 629 Deluxe pistol is currently an... To worry about from a bad grip most of the shooting world easy to understand to production RD 44 MPN. Are a lot of aftermarket options if you watch closely, you can experience the full capabilities of this.. To the most powerful revolvers 44 its too fat and heavy for me conceal... Friction and that adds a little more recoil Ive got a 4 if i can it! Calibers and cartridges one that suits you revolver grips for Smith and Wesson with k/L/X!! 657 can be uncomfortable when shooting certain calibers and cartridges Offers compact powerful protection, shooting. Very useful and functional sight should be familiar to Smith & amp Wesson... Buying a 629 and you told him how much your Son likes his groups from 25-yards with each listed. Some of his books ; i really consider 4 to be a minimum been growing in.!