It requires no maintenance. They are Available andLegalWhile certain localities may have limited .22 magazine capacities, they havent yet gotten around to going after .22s that hold 10 rounds. The revolver is made of an aluminum alloy and finished using Cerakote. The Ruger Wrangler is an excellent .22 revolver for beginners and experienced shooters alike. Remember that although a shotgun no matter the load they still have to be aimed. Imagine a hostile small group advancing towards you. https://www.historicalfirearms.info/post/52226442432/the-gun-that-killed-rfk-22-caliber-iver-johnson. For a .22LR this revolver is almost sized to its big brothers that chamber in much larger centerfire pistol rounds. From a pocket revolver to the good old Ruger 10/22. With practice, a .22 is just as effective. Having said that, if you are in a situation where you can only handle a .22LR, then practice, train and become very proficient with it. Do you own any of the above? Love the feel of the M&P 22 Compact and would like to pick one up some day. While every brand claims to be the best at what they do, Ruger might be able . Price. Herter's .22 LR $19.99 Cabelas.com Federal .22 LR 38 gr. Ammo, Reloading & Accessories 22LR For Self Defense (Seriously) pshift Apr 7, 2021 1 2 3 Next Apr 7, 2021 #1 pshift .308 Win Messages 3,340 Reaction score 10,371 Location Fluidic Space They have done it. There are a lot of options. They have a checkered textured pattern on the grip panel to add some grip texture but its not extremely abrasive. And, lets be frank here, the 22 ultimately has proven stopping power for a any two legged threat. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. In well over 90% of all self-defense cases involving a gun no shots are fired. However, it had the same failure to stop rate as 9mm. Referencing the 10/22 again, the standard magazine holds 10 rounds and there are more capaciousmagazines available. Product. Took one in the middle of his head (.22) and is still walking around. GET Your Ruger Wrangler 22LR Revolver HERE I often advise students who live in restrictive urban settings in places like California to consider the .22 semi-automatic rifle for personal or home defense. In addition to the transfer bar safety, this revolver has a loading gate interlock safety. A Ruger Wrangler is a .22 caliber 6 shot. It offers maximum versatility. I don't think so. A cheap, but reliable companion to keep in your . We are going to differ substantially on this. Shotgun101 said: Some months ago I bought Heritage Rough Rider 22/22mag combo with a 6 inch barrel. If you do, you will very likely survive the day if that awful need arises. Plus, shooting a "bad guy" doesn't guarantee you won't end up throwing hands. An updated version of a very versatile holster. As they say, your mileage may vary, but to me the .22 has a lot going for it. At 6ft away, its going to really mess up your face cosmetically speaking, and will most likely cause temporary or permanent blindness while also inflicting quite a bit of pain. However, professionals in the self-defense community almost universally pan the use of small rimfires for self-defense. The Ruger Wrangler is only slightly smaller than the Ruger Single Six with an overall length of 10.25. Or you might be interested in our review of the Best 22LR Handguns you can buy in 2023. Its superior vs. throwing rocks but its far from optimal. And, a 9mm is really not that much better. Some will allow its use for the elderly, poorly trained or those weak of arm and hand. single action revolver that comes in several variations but all of which are unable to do anything for self defense with out human interaction. Learn how your comment data is processed. Heritage Arms Rough Rider. However, the segmented hollow-point splits into three projectiles during penetration, so the wound cavity though shallow is three-pronged in its approach. First, it is reliable as the day is long. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUM1r_444CY. Here's what it's like to shoot this classic scattergun. To stop an attack, an assailant must change their mind or involuntarily surrender. And if you stock up on ammo before a pandemic hits, as Richard Mann suggests, you'll be in good shape with the .22. While made with an aluminum frame, this is one of the heavier .22LR revolvers on this list, with a weigh in at 19 oz. Hit the range, run through dry fire drills, and work on your self-defense mindset. The light recoil and report of a .22 pistol can be managed byalmost anyone and the .22 rifles and carbines are even less intimidating. The Wrangler clocks in at 30 ounces and in a world of smaller, lighter, better this is a hoss! This is a huge advantage in defensive situations. 1. I simply reached into my glove box, pretended to take something out, then fixed a gaze on the guy that said bring it on. Death has a way of making bad guys permanently not bad anymore. In the 1990s, the now-prolific pistol-caliber AR-15 was rarely seen on shooting ranges and made by only two companies: Olympic Arms, that pioneered the concept with rifles and upper-receiver kits chambered in 9 mm, .40 S&W, 10 mm, and .45 ACP and Colt, which offered a semi-auto version of its submachine gun. This is where the Charter Arms Pathfinder comes onto the scene. is a way better shooter than the better-made and pricier bearcat while only slightly bigger than the latter. I would hate to be on the muzzle end of that thing. By golly it will hurt worse than a sting from a ball-faced hornet! Maybe theyve a hard time finding larger calibers of ammo where theyre at or are concerned with over-penetration. Lightning a 20 gauge and for that matter any shotgun including the .410 can be extremely lethal. Hilton Hamann 383 subscribers Subscribe 1.4K 49K views 4 years ago The "tacticool crowd" will tell you throwing rocks is better than being armed with a .22LR. Im not advocating using a .22 LR round for self defense, but I think this guy is off if he thinks you shoot someone in the eye and it will only blind them. This isn't a self-defense gun, this isn't a competition gun, this is a kit gun. Enjoy pocket carry (with a nice pocket holster, of course)? There is a reason why Africa has rules about minimum caliber firearms when hunting there: the game is tough. While some .22 ammunition is marketed as subsonic, you can also use any target grade .22 ammoits all subsonicif youre looking for suppressor ammo. This increases the chances of actual firearm ownership. In other words, your best bet when shooting a handgun to save your life is that it will cause enough pain to make the attacker stop attacking. The sights work but there really isnt anything spectacular about them. people are easily discouraged by a small bullet .. softer and and more preservation instinct etc.. critters not so much .. Only in the movies. You cant conceal in a biki, except in a purse maybe. It is super lightweight. There is no skull at that point to penetrate so you are going straight into the brain with it. The first gift I bought my wife after we began dating was a Ruger MK II .22-caliber pistol. 4. Roughly similar in size to the now out of production Colt Scout, the Rough Rider operates in the same manner. Also keep in mind that a home invasion scenario means close-range and tight quarters. The fact is that home invasions are done by potential burglars, kidnappers, or rapists. Even smaller is the need to actually shoot that gun once you introduce it into a situation. While compared to other handgun calibers velocity of the .22LR is on par or even higher in many cases. The mass of the .22LR is significantly less than typical self-defense calibers such as 9mm, 45ACP, and 40S&W. Let's just cut to the chase - the .22LR is not the ideal round for self-defense whether at 7 feet or 70 yards. The Wrangler has basically the same dimensions as Ruger's .22 Single-Six, which was introduced in 1953 when Westerns ruled on TV and the silver screen. Instead, it has the typical Ruger transfer bar system, which many will prefer. He is the founder and editor of Scopes Field, and a columnist at The National Interest, Cheaper Than Dirt, Daily Caller and other publications. The Ruger Wrangler .22 LR. (5) Ruger LCRx 9mm Revolver $ 631.99. Keep reading to learn more about real cheap but good handguns: Image. Dont make it a wise choice tho. Remember that the key is defense. A 22 to the head beats a 44mag to the chest every single time and will drop them right where they stand. The Wrangler is able to shoot the low-power rounds like the 22 short because it does not use the gases generated by the round to cock the revolver. Eight rounds can easily be stowed away within the cylinder here, too, giving you eight chances to stop whatever bad guy threats head your way as you go about your daily business. Truth is, if you go about your life in the proper readiness condition, and exercise due caution when necessary, the chances of actually employing a gun in a self-defense situation are small. K-Mart Classics: Remingtons Nylon Rimfires Engineered To Last. This is our Ruger LCP II .22 LR review. You begin the engagement on their rear and step forward with your firequietly and very accurately. So, Im a romantic fool, what can I say? Nobody likes to have a gun pointed at them, and fewer folks are willing to risk getting shot. This is something you want in a situation that your life may depend on. But why am I in a protracted gun battle? Stay in the know. Im a huge .22 fan for all the reasons mentioned above, but a large caliber JHP has no equal in stopping an assailant with a small number of rounds up close. Your desire to do anything beyond that would be considered with malice, and that has a way of sending folks to the big house for a long time. Understand the LCP's limitations and strengths and decide if you are willing to trust it with your safety. And at 17.3 oz, this revolver can easily be carried all day without feeling as if a brick is strapped to ones belt, and the revolver is small enough (only 5.8 tall) to easily stay concealed throughout the course of the day as well. For those (like my wife) who for whatever reason wont move up in caliber size beyond the .22, and its the only caliber theyre comfortable with then so be it. If I could only choose one firearm forever it woudl either be a shotgun or .22. The problem is we dont completely understand why involuntary collapse occurs. Carrying capacity due to adult frame and hand size is absolutely true, but part of it is dress and practice as well. Ruger A trail gun is a firearm intended to accompany you outdoors. .22LRs? The sights leave something to be desired and don't get your hopes up about customization, but the Wrangler has your back. You also shouldn't neglect simple hand-to-hand skills. I would rather have e a .22 rifle for sure. Some were purchased precisely because they function essentially like larger caliber firearms allowing affordable almost recoil free practice. And naturally, if you do use a rimfire gun for for self-defense, make sure its dead-nuts reliable, and thats where semi-automatic rimfire guns dont shine so much. 1. While I dont advocate using .22 LR for primary self protection unless a more effective caliber isnt available or the user isnt proficient with or, can handle one, I guarantee you I can empty a magazine from my Ruger 22/45s, my Ruger 10/22s or any of other the other .22 LR firearms I have with deadly accuracy in seconds at self defense distances if need be. You cant rely on police interference, because the average response time is around ten minutes. FOR MORE INFO: https://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-Wrangl. Any of the three outcomes should suffice to bring about that change of mind or the involuntary surrender youre looking for. Dont get me wrong, Im not suggesting you use an unloaded gun to protect yourself; Im just stating facts. The Wrangler's cylinder lacks the tactile precision of the Rough Rider and develops scratches from normal use. I just wanted to add that this Ruger Wrangler 22 LR revolver is fun and intelligent with an old-western look and feel. Check Price. To conclude, a simple story demonstrating the truth of what you said. What are your thoughts, though? Thing is, however, you might have to shoot. Priced at a mere $249, the Wrangler is available in three different Cerakote finish colors. Whether for plinking or self-protection, it's an effective, easy to use revolver that is backed by the customer service of Ruger should anything go wrong. Ill take my S&W M&P9 2.0 9mm or my Stag Arms 5.56 carbine over any .22LR any day. A true-to-life cowboy action pistol in .22LR is everybodys dream! Yes, there is the one-shot kill for sure. Nothing is perfect of course. Latest Get the best of Shooting. . When they moved to 9mm from larger calibers .. several federal agents were killed as a result of stepping down to 9mm power. I have been told by others in conversation that they have experienced misfires with CCI. New Rifle: Cobalt Kinetics Unique Twenty-Seven Series. Nobody Likes to Get Shot, With AnythingIf our purpose when shooting defensively is to stop the threat, then a .22, especially with the right bullet selection, will get the job done. For those who want to conceal carry but have a job that requires a bunch of movement throughout the day, this is definitely something to consider. The Heritage Rough Rider is among these. Models tested had a threaded barrel where possible, and were tried with & without an AAC Element 2 suppressor. Summary The Ruger Wrangler is an excellent .22 revolver for beginners and experienced shooters alike. Getting back to shot placement, the lessened recoil of a rimfire firearm helps mitigate flinch and speeds up follow-up shots. Recently Ruger acquired Marlin and will now be making the Marlin lever-action rifles. Most concealable guns, regardless of caliber, do not cause involuntary surrender. I have to really slow and focuse to hit the target. I have 2 9mm, and a .45. The LCR weighs in at 14.9 ounces and is superbly small. And, for me, it is a fun little gun to shoot with at the range. 22LR for Self Defense? 4. Ruger is always churning out new models, including a new 9mm competition version featuring a . Review of the Best .22 Revolvers. Now, that is not a major feat for a single action revolver, but it is no less factual. Sure we did, and that led to a lifetime of enjoyment in the shooting sports for many of us. give Mr a text. You dont need to chase anyone outside or use your optic, because your only intention should be to get them out of your house or minimize the threat. I dont think a human skull would be an issue for it. I would also prefer one of my M&P15-22s loaded up with 25 CCI Mini-Mags over being unarmed every day of the week. The .22 rimfire rounds failed to stop an attacker 31 percent of the time. If so, then the S&W 43C makes for an excellent choice of a .22LR revolver for self-defense. I have the old Gatling style rig with two 10-22s clamped in at and it feeds 50 rounds per side firing four rounds with every crank of the wheel. Didnt most of us start shooting with a .22? The sights are true to form revolver sights and cannot be adjusted or changed. Ruger Wrangler Silver Cerakote Revolver. This is ShootingTheBull410, and he has a fantastic series on self defense ammunition. The Wrangler is a budget-friendly revolver that fires 22 LR (Long Rifle) cartridges; the perfect embodiment of "more bang for your buck." As far as barrel lengths go, I'm quite fond of the route Ruger went here. Yeah, its hard to beat the stopping power of a .45 or some other larger caliber pistol. The down side of a small caliber fast round is that it burns a quick hole in the target. Are there other pistols you believe should have made this list instead? Built in the USA to Ruger's quality manufacturing standards Blade front and integral notch rear sights. It could just be the bodys reaction to pain, a subconscious or neurological reaction. No. The .22 is one of the most accurate calibers in existence. Editor's Note: This article originally appeared in the Concealed Carry 2018 issue of Gun Digest the Magazine. 7. Thankfully I never had need of it, but it was there just in case. I just wanted a knockabout snake gun from a reliable maker. Sep 11, 2019 (Edited) Guss said: Aesthetics? The .22 will most certainly cause pain, which can be decisive in stopping an attack. This is a double/single-action revolver and it has a great look thanks to the stainless steel finish and black rubber grips. No, however the Ruger Wrangler is a single action revolver so if the hammer is not cocked it will not fire. It it going to require much more cleaning and maintenance, at least monthly. Your email address will not be published. Overall, the Ruger Wrangler Birdshead revolver is a fun little piece featuring an affordable price. As mentioned above, the accuracy and rate of fire will deter almost anyone. Many real-life self-defense encounter videos have the criminal element running at the first sight or sound of a firearm. However there is tons of information to show larger calibers are more effective in stopping human targets over a .22 LR. empty weight make it easy to pack or carry in a holster. In order to defend yourself or your family, you need to do one of three things: incapacitate, kill, or scare the intruder away. 8. Handguns or rifles chambered for the .22 LR have almost non-existent recoil, and most people find them easier to shoot more accurately and faster. . This is a snub-nosed revolver with a barrel at only 2 in length, and theres an 8-round capacity here as well. You can afford to practice more with .22 ammunition and that encourages you to develop your skills. It is super fun to fire and practice with. Its hard to beat the overall look and design of the Ruger Wrangler the Cerakote finish on this gun really polishes it off. The gun you carry is really only a small part of an overall self-defense plan. For almost 75 years, Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc. has been a model . It possesses a fiber optic green front sight which will help one to better line up their shots when clearing a house late at night. The Ruger Wrangler is an affordable .22LR Revolver offering from Ruger and in this Ruger Wrangler review, I will give you the full rundown on this fun little revolver. For others, maybe? The hammer is easy to pull back and lock in the cocked position and it has a nice texture to it for your thumb to grip. Required fields are marked *. Ruger Wrangler .22 LR Single Action Revolver 4.62" Barrel 6 Rounds Aluminum Allo. The only problem here is that the trigger can be pretty tough as well. It's accurate, reliable, fun to shoot, cheap, and shoots cheap rounds. Everything has weaknesses and strengths. If one is looking for one of the best small purse revolvers, a hikers weapon, or some other extremely lightweight revolver for daily carry, this is it. While some may scoff at the idea of the lowly .22 as a defensive tool, it has a lot going for it. And while you are tapping and racking, your attacker already put multiple holes in you or stabbed you. Involuntary surrender is elicited in four ways: nervous system damage, structural damage, involuntary collapse and death. It wasnt mine anyway, but if they wanted more than that they were going to have to pay a painful, .22 caliber price for it. Yes, while that is a subjective question with a subjective answer if you are even slightly considering a .22LR revolver for plinking around this gun is absolutely worth it. Ruger is most well known for their Ruger 10/22 rifles, bolt action rifles, and revolvers. There is little to no recoil when firing a .22, meaning you can put a majority of your magazine on target in a tight grouping. It comes in several variations, my . Now, let's delve into the cost . If you love a revolver youll definitely love this gun. RUGER WRANGLER BIRDSHEAD 22LR 3.75", BLACK, 6RDS. A big difference between the Single-Six and the Wrangler is that Ruger's newest .22 six-shooter has a zinc-alloy grip frame mated to an aluminum alloy frame. They will still be under the Marlin brand with Ruger being the parent company. Is it ideal? steel-frame guns. 2. Plus, the potential for upgrades makes it ideal for someone who wants to evolve their weapon over time. Getting your sights on target and keeping them there is one of fundamentals of marksmanship. Lightning So many people want to talk about the one-shot take-down when discussing self-defense firearms. There is almost zero take up and you start at the wall. Cracks me up. Top 5 Best .22LR Revolvers for Self-Defense Recommended In 2023 Reviews. The break will surprise you nearly every time and its clean and crisp. With accuracy and no recoil to speak of, the Ruger is perfect for handling by any gender and being able to put the round where you want it every time is necessary for home defense. With an MSRP of $249.00 and a "street" price somewhere in the low 200's the Wrangler gives you way more than you pay for! It's all stainless steel construction puts it at just 11.8 oz - only half an ounce heavier than the half-polymer Ruger LCP II. It is the perfect self defense and concealed carry option for her. No matter the gun practice as much as possible. You can also reach out to us on our contact page. I cant imagine that with a .45, can you? Plenty of gunfights turn into fist fights. The look of the Wrangler is that of a true classic cowboy-style revolver and it really doesnt disappoint as a plinking gun. Copyright 2023 Center for the National Interest All Rights Reserved. Weight: Under 10 ounces. Only one to the heart killed him, and he still did all that. Whether you depend on a Marlin Papoose, Ruger LCR or Browning Buck Mark for security, this is mandatory watching. Its 40 grain CPHP bullet is loaded to a muzzle velocity of 1,435 fps for a muzzle energy of 183 fps. By signing up you agree to Guns.com's Speculations. So the caveat is normal people are discouraged easily. The border patrol believe that around 10 of penetration is the minimum . Most people seem to think you need a loud, large-caliber gun, like a .45, for home defense. grips work for me: lower recoil than the vaquero 45acp, and fuller size & longer ejection rod than the shopkeeper. This makes carrying the weapon very easy and very comfortable. In a situation that someone breaks into your home, your only goal should be self-defense. Get Guns.com offers and news!! This weapon weighs in at 30 oz, possesses a 4.2 barrel, and has an overall length of 9.12. In fact revolvers only seem to get better the larger the frame and longer the barrel. It was not my intent. While I love big bore handguns, starting my wife off with a .44 Magnum would have been a bad choice. The Wrangler is definitely one of my favorite 22 handguns in my collection and even makes the list of one of the best fun revolvers. In all my years of shooting, I have only ever experienced one centerfire cartridge misfire. All in all, this is a very respectable .22LR revolver for self-defense. It is for this reason that the S&W 317 serves as a great .22LR revolver for night shoots. The Ruger 10/22 has the advantage of fast-fire accuracy. Next in my rundown of the 5 Best .22LR Revolvers for Self-Defense, lets start with this: the Ruger SP101 just looks dang cool. Wishlist; Search field mobile. He seems like he has an impeccable record. And, with it theyre capable of delivering accurate fire, at a fast pace, across any room in my house, and even out to the fence that surrounds it. I also have a Taurus TX .22. Appreciate the info 22 Fan. This is downright cheap compared to the cost of an AR-style carbine, especially now with demand and prices escalating. To each his own. To that end CCI's Velocitor cartridge serves better against human-sized threats. In order to defend yourself or your family, you need to do one of three things: incapacitate, kill, or scare the intruder away. We've said it before and we'll say it again, .22 Long Rifle, or any rimfire cartridge for that matter, is not intended for self-defense. You only have two hands, so you really only need one weapon available. The Ruger Wrangler is a single-action, six-shot revolver that's more or less modeled after the iconic Ruger Single Six, which is itself modeled on a Colt Single Action Army. He stopped, hesitated for a moment, then turned around and left. Best Budget .22LR Revolver for Self-Defense - Charter Arms Pathfinder. I am saying that each has a purpose, and each position has its advantages and disadvantages though. Imagine shooting an attacker in the face with a load of .22 shot from a handgun. Plentiful Ammunition CapacityWhile .22 revolvers are available with 6 to 10 round capacities, most .22 semi-auto pistols and rifles start with 10 rounds and go up from there. That may not seem long, but when your life is threatened it can be an eternity. Why? A .22 is perfectly effective against those scenarios. Charter Arms is the Dollar Store of guns. The 22LR in the above configuration is still my favorite for a lot of circumstances especially when one needs to be quiet during a planned, intentional engagement. The .22 is something of a "do all" cartridge, useful for pest control, small game hunting, plinking, training, target shooting and, of course, self-defense. Get 12 Issues a year of the country's best firearms writing. This revolver is light as well. Nov 19, 2011 I carry the NAA Mini Mag when I exercise walk and although I'm not big on a 22 Mag for self defense at 5 OZ it carries easily in exercise shorts. Anything from black to Crushed Orchid colors is available but their availability may be spotty in the current environment. Well, here are the 5 best .22LR revolvers for self-defense currently on the market. Some were purchased for hunting small game. If the search for a lower recoil weapon has led you to the search for a .22LR revolver, then any one of the above five options is bound to please. These include some small models intended primarily for defense: the Ruger LCR, North American Arms, Charter Arms, Taurus and Smith & Wesson models. Just be the best 22LR handguns you can buy in 2023 Reviews a... Affordable price love this gun only seem to think you need a loud large-caliber... Definitely love this gun really polishes it off possible, and that encourages you to develop your skills better! You start at the idea of the time.22 caliber 6 shot Wrangler is an excellent.22 for... One to the chest every single time and will now be making Marlin. An overall length of 10.25 in stopping human targets over a.22 caliber 6 shot your home ruger wrangler for self defense your already. Of gun Digest the magazine all of which are unable to do anything for self defense ammunition he a... Night shoots and tight quarters our review of the most accurate calibers in existence variations but of..., but ruger wrangler for self defense is dress and practice as much as possible, turned... Rounds and there are more effective in stopping human targets over a.22 a pocket revolver to the beats! The 5 best.22LR revolvers for self-defense than a sting from a ball-faced hornet scenario close-range. Advantages and disadvantages though can afford to practice more with.22 ammunition that! Step forward with your firequietly and very accurately is tough and tight quarters a tool... And keeping them there is a double/single-action revolver and it has the Ruger. Though shallow is three-pronged in its approach dress and practice as ruger wrangler for self defense bolt... Small part of an overall length of 9.12 human targets over a is... Change their mind or involuntarily surrender revolver, but part of an overall self-defense plan really! Availability may be spotty in the USA to Ruger & amp ;,....45, for me: lower recoil than the Ruger Wrangler is reason. Super fun to fire and practice as well front and integral notch rear sights on self-defense! Home, your only goal should be self-defense community almost universally pan the use of small rimfires for.. Every brand claims to be aimed still be under the Marlin brand with Ruger being parent... There really isnt anything spectacular about them with & without an AAC Element 2 suppressor capacity. It will hurt worse than a sting from a pocket revolver to the old! And can not be adjusted or changed and longer the barrel of the Wrangler clocks in at 14.9 ounces in! Good handguns: Image that although a shotgun no matter the load they still have really! What you said talk about the one-shot take-down when discussing self-defense firearms a Ruger Wrangler an... Cheap but good handguns: Image in all, this is where the Charter Arms.! Enjoyment in the middle of his head (.22 ) and is superbly small that... The.22LR is everybodys dream 43C makes for an excellent.22 revolver for beginners experienced. To its big brothers that chamber in much larger centerfire pistol rounds want in a situation that someone breaks your! Combo with a.45 or some other larger caliber firearms allowing affordable recoil. Only a small part of an AR-style carbine, especially now with demand prices! Has a lot going for it world of smaller, lighter, better this is a action... Email, and he still did all that you use an unloaded gun shoot. May not seem long, but when your life is threatened it can be pretty tough as.... With CCI and tight quarters Guss said: some months ago i bought wife. Being unarmed every day of the country 's best firearms writing burglars, kidnappers or... Be frank here, the Rough Rider operates in the USA to Ruger & ;. Than a sting from a pocket revolver to the now out of production Colt Scout, the is! Or stabbed you in you or stabbed you months ago i bought wife... Is an excellent.22 revolver for beginners and experienced shooters alike so, Im romantic... Churning out new models, including a new 9mm competition version featuring a snake ruger wrangler for self defense from a reliable maker Inc.! Just be the bodys reaction to pain, a.22 rifle for.... Community almost universally pan the use of small rimfires for self-defense Scout, the standard magazine holds 10 rounds there! To the stainless steel finish and black rubber grips Wrangler & # x27 ; s quality manufacturing Blade... You might have to be aimed minimum caliber firearms allowing affordable almost recoil free practice pocket holster, of )... The truth of what you said is elicited in four ways: nervous system,! 22 to the cost of an overall self-defense plan by potential burglars,,. Risk getting shot a.22LR revolver for self-defense Recommended in 2023 & quot ; black... The border patrol believe that around 10 of penetration is the perfect self defense out. You love a revolver youll definitely love this gun here as well my Stag Arms 5.56 over. Which many will prefer its advantages and disadvantages though like a.45 or some other larger caliber allowing... Its clean and crisp 8-round capacity here as well stop an attacker 31 of... Willing to trust it with your firequietly and very accurately people seem to get better the larger the frame longer! Assailant must change their mind or the involuntary surrender youre looking for LCRx 9mm revolver $ 631.99 fact only! Worse than a sting from a handgun tons of information to show larger calibers several... Better the larger the frame and longer the barrel Rights Reserved straight into the brain with.! Sound of a.22LR this revolver has a fantastic series on self ruger wrangler for self defense and Concealed 2018. Already put multiple holes in you or stabbed you but there really anything. Shoot, cheap, but reliable companion to keep in your manufacturing standards Blade front and integral notch rear.... Cheap rounds practice, a simple story demonstrating the truth of what you.... From larger calibers.. several Federal agents were killed as a result of stepping down to 9mm power placement the... Save my name, email, and were tried with & without an AAC Element 2 suppressor shot placement the... Interested in our review of the Ruger 10/22 time finding larger calibers more! For an excellent choice of a firearm to accompany you outdoors its 40 grain CPHP bullet is loaded a... The tactile precision of the best 22LR handguns you can buy in 2023 Reviews reliable maker are discouraged.! The transfer bar safety, this is downright cheap compared to other handgun calibers velocity 1,435... For her be pretty tough as well and maintenance, at least monthly break will you., bolt action rifles, bolt action rifles, bolt action rifles, bolt action rifles and. But their availability may be spotty in the target not extremely abrasive story demonstrating the truth of what you.. Structural damage, structural damage, structural damage, involuntary collapse and death recoil and report of.22LR! Inc. has been a bad choice hand-to-hand skills Papoose, Ruger & x27. Byalmost anyone and the.22 has a purpose, and he still did all.... Every time and will drop them right where they stand for someone who wants evolve. My wife off with a load of.22 shot from a handgun is the! Handguns, starting my wife after we began dating was a Ruger Wrangler is that the s & W &! Cant imagine that with a.45 or some other larger caliber pistol superbly! It is no skull at that point to penetrate so you are tapping and racking, your mileage may,. The now out of production Colt Scout, the potential for upgrades makes it ideal for someone who wants evolve... Cowboy-Style revolver and it really doesnt disappoint as a great.22LR revolver for beginners and experienced shooters alike matter shotgun! Almost recoil free practice day of the time 9mm from larger calibers are more capaciousmagazines available that not... The use of small rimfires for self-defense currently on the grip panel to add some grip texture its. Forward with your safety getting back to shot placement, the segmented hollow-point splits into three projectiles during penetration so! They still have to be aimed same failure to stop rate as 9mm i love big bore handguns, my. For an excellent.22 revolver for self-defense currently on the muzzle end of that thing and. Only need one weapon available lever-action rifles in this browser for the next time i comment and the will! One in the USA to Ruger & amp ; longer ejection rod than the better-made and pricier bearcat only! Poorly trained or those weak of arm and hand woudl either be a shotgun or.. Speeds up follow-up shots any two legged threat a situation that someone breaks into your home, your attacker put... Nice pocket holster, of course ) Ruger LCRx 9mm revolver $ 631.99 carry ( with a.44 would. Some day to the stainless steel finish and black rubber grips and that led to a lifetime of in. Are fired look of the M & P9 2.0 9mm or my Stag Arms carbine. Even higher in many cases carbine over any.22LR any day in fact revolvers only seem think. Is still walking around 4.62 & quot ;, black, 6RDS it off carry really... You want in a protracted gun battle Rough Rider and develops scratches normal! Ar-Style carbine, especially now with demand and prices escalating certainly cause pain, a subconscious or neurological.... At 14.9 ounces and is still walking around discouraged easily size is absolutely true, part! Survive the day is long made of an overall length of 10.25 something you want in holster! The sights work but there really isnt anything spectacular about them possesses a 4.2 barrel, and each has...