I say, 'Hey, what's going on, Rickey?' Baseball Player Born in Illinois #3. He played in six games for the team, which won its first championship. The former Most Valuable Player could stop home runs, slug them, and even lead off with them. He batted .345 in 134 games during his record-setting season with Modesto. Henderson is the all-time stolen base leader for the Oakland Athletics[3] and previously held the New York Yankees' franchise record from 1988 to 2011. I know this would take some of your valuable time, but it would mean a lot to me and my teacher, Mr. McGowan. Telling the truth isn't being cocky. [84][85][86], Verducci wrote, "Rickey is the modern-day Yogi Berra, only faster." You don't make any of the shots you don't take. His father died when he was 7 and his mother married Paul Henderson through which the family adopted the Henderson surname. Best of lucky in your married. Rickey Henderson Is A Member Of . During the 22 and a half years from his June 1979 debut through the end of the 2001 season, he had stolen more bases by himself than his new team had: 1,395 steals for Henderson, 1,382 for the Boston franchise. They both attended Oakland Technical High in the early 1970s and dated each other since then. Henderson was later traded to Toronto Blue Jays in 1993 and won his World Series Championship for the first time with Toronto Blue Rays. [105][106] His record for the most postseason stolen bases was broken by Kenny Lofton's 34th career steal during the 2007 ALCS;[107] however, Lofton accomplished his total in 95 postseason games compared to Henderson's 60. As funny as it may seem, his speedy delivery was a good omen for his future. I want to thank the Haas family, the Oakland organization, the city of Oakland, and all you beautiful fans for supporting me. He won the ACLS MVP on his way to glory and was voted AL MVP the following year for his postseason performance in the playoffs. The A's offered Rickey $950,000 for the 1984 season. About Us Rickey Henderson". [4][5] He was among the league's top ten base stealers in 21 different seasons. Rickey Henderson's full speech after breaking Lou Brock's record. His increasing power-hitting ability eventually led to a record for home runs to lead off a game. Rickey Henderson took a lot of shots, sliding into his base path head first. He thanked God and his mother, as well as the people that helped him in baseball. He broke Babe Ruth's record of 2,062 career walks,[48] Ty Cobb's record of 2,245 career runs,[54] and Zack Wheat's record of 2,328 career games in left field, and on the final day of the season (October 7) collected his 3,000th career hit, a leadoff double off Rockies pitcher John Thomson in San Diego. The stats arestill on his side. While his career batting average of .279 is considered somewhat modest for a leadoff hitter, his walks helped him post a stout .401 on-base percentage (OBP) for his career. I just want to see if I deserve to be out there. I love you, Billy. [2] Early life [ edit] Article content. So I asked the pilot why, and he said when you land a plane smooth, you get the plane elevated to the lowest position you can and then you smooth it in. He also led the AL in walks (116), was fourth in runs (119) and third in on-base percentage (.398). The boyfriend's identity was revealed to be Ricky Don Henderson. You might even find him in Las Vegas, where everyone is obsessed with statistics. When you see Rickey Henderson, I don't care when, the score's already 10. So when I hit the ground, if you didn't have the tag down, I was by you. The Real Housewives of Atlanta The Bachelor Sister Wives 90 Day Fiance Wife Swap The Amazing Race Australia Married at First Sight The Real Housewives of Dallas My 600-lb Life Last Week Tonight with John Oliver. As of 2021[update], Henderson ranks first all-time in runs scored (2,295) and stolen bases (1,406), fourth in career games played (3,081), 13th in at bats (10,961), and 25th in hits (3,055). Rickey Henderson is a run, man. [33] His .300 average in 1995 marked his sixth and final season in the AL with a .300 or better average. [28] Sportswriter Jim Murray described Henderson's strike zone as being "smaller than Hitler's heart". The outfielder led baseball in so many offensive and defensive categories for so long that statisticians stilldoubt anyone will ever snatchhisstolen baserecord. Yet in the past quarter-century Henderson and Barry Bonds have come closest to dominating a baseball game the way Michael Jordan could a basketball game."[79]. Henderson spent 1994-2003 bouncing from the Oakland Coliseum to the San Diego Padres to the Anaheim Angels to the New York Mets to the Seattle Mariners back down to San Diego but then over to the Boston Red Sox and then to the minors before winning Minor League MVP and getting called back up to the Los Angeles Dodgers. Rickey Henderson. [45] Henderson's speech (at right) after breaking Brock's record was similar to the standard victory or award speech. [42], Following a mid-season trade back to Oakland in 1989, Henderson reasserted himself as one of the game's greatest players, with a memorable half-season in which his 52 steals and 72 runs scored led the A's into the postseason;[33] his 126 walks for the year were the most for any AL hitter since 1970. But he was way past his prime by then.). [22] In 1980, Henderson became the third modern-era player to steal 100 bases in a season (Maury Wills 104 in 1962 and Lou Brock's 118 in 1974 had preceded him). Sign up for daily stories delivered to your inbox. Rickey Nelson Henley Henderson (born December 25, 1958) is an American retired professional baseball left fielder who played 24 seasons in Major League Baseball (MLB) for nine teams from 1979 to 2003, including four separate tenures with his original team, the Oakland Athletics. His wife is Pamela Palmer (m. 1983) Rickey Henderson Net Worth His net worth has been growing significantly in 2021-2022. Rickey Henderson may be the Man of the Hour but, argues the Author, Base Stealing has Never Really Amounted to Very Much, Cold Takes: Rickey, Unwritten Rules, and the 130, "1985 American League (AL) Statistics and Awards", "1986 American League (AL) Statistics and Awards", "Mariners hope Rickey helps lead them back to the playoffs Brief Article", "1987 American League (AL) Statistics and Awards", "Jeter becomes Yanks' all-time SB leader", "In 1991, Nolan Ryan and Rickey Henderson set new MLB records on the exact same day", "Stolen base king Rickey Henderson knots up Ruth's walk mark", "Rickey Henderson finishes the campaign with a league-leading 66 stolen bases when he swipes second and third in the bottom the third inning of the A's 4-3 victory over the Angels at Network Associates Coliseum. [23] His 100 steals broke Eddie Collins' franchise record of 81 in 1910 with what were then the Philadelphia Athletics and set a new American League (AL) record, surpassing Ty Cobb's 96 set in 1915. Your email address will not be published. 1979. However, his hitting woes continued in the post-season, batting .120 in the American League Championship Series and .227 in the World Series. "[83] One widely reported story was a fabrication that began as a clubhouse joke made by a visiting player. "[29], Henderson was so proud of a $1 million signing bonus that he framed it instead of cashing it, thus losing several months' interest. He has the second-highest career powerspeed number, behind Barry Bonds, at 490.4. )[97], On July 29, 1989, Henderson stole five bases against the Mariners' left-handed Randy Johnson, his career high, and one shy of the single-game major league record. The team's roster included Rickey Henderson, Tony Phillips, Dennis Eckersley and for shorter stints Reggie Jackson and Dave Parker. Rickey Henderson was legendary from the first time he took a breath. Rickey Henderson. Rickey got 16, 17 years. [33] That season he led the majors in stolen bases (66) and the AL in walks (118), while scoring 101 runs. Rickey Henderson's game lackedkryptonite. The woman's husband, Jahann Salarinartin, told police that Rickey Henderson assaulted his wife, Sandra, 23, when she refused to have sex with him. ESPN senior writer Bryant, who cut his teeth covering the Oakland Athletics, is wholly at home with A's legend Hendersonthough, of course, Henderson played for many teams as well as Oakland. I also knew it threw the pitcher off. The Yanks traded Henderson back, and he helped Oakland win it all. 1981 Fleer Rickey Henderson #351, #574. Henderson was elected as part of the 2009 Hall of Fame vote, in his first appearance on the ballot. "[29] Coach Rene Lachemann said, "If you're one run down, there's nobody you'd ever rather have up at the plate than Rickey." Henderson was always fast, and he didn't limit his speed tostealing bases. James Guinn, the Bay Area scout credited for discovering and signing Henderson, helped peel back tarp on the commemorative diamond. In 2002, following an argument with pitcher Orlando Hernndez, Henderson stated, "He needs to grow up a little bit. His annual earnings in 1995 was around $4.3 million. "[43], A year later, Henderson finished second in the league in batting average with a mark of .325, losing out to the Kansas City Royals' George Brett on the final day of the season. They exist on the sometimes narrow margin between Fact and Fiction.". Henderson also made MLB history in 1983 with his third 100 runs/100 stolen bases/100 walks season (no modern player has done it once), when he led the AL in stolen bases (108), walks (103) while finishing fourth in runs scored (105). Even Jimmy Ryan, the second finest bat-right, throw-left player in baseball history, was a scrub reliever for six years. [29], Longtime scout Charlie Metro remembered the havoc caused by Henderson: '"I did a lot of study and I found that it's impossible to throw Rickey Henderson out. He won his first World Series Championship in 1989 with the Oakland Athletics; star pitcher Dave Stewart was named World Series MVP. I want to give my appreciation to Tom Trebelhorn and the late Billy Martin. On April 25, 2001, when the season was just three weeks old and the country was entering the final months of its pre-9/11 life, Rickey Nelson Henley Henderson, aged 42 and in his second stint with . I guess I do that to people. But his career was far from over. I'm down so low I don't have much of a strike zone. It's the truth. You can take the Rickey out of baseball, but you can't take the Rickey out of Rickey. Wild Bill Hickok. So, how's that hurtin' anybody? Rickey Nelson Henley Henderson was a Major League Baseball player with the Oakland Athletics ( 1979 - 1984 ), New York Yankees ( 1985 - 1989 ), Oakland Athletics ( 1989 - 1993 ), Toronto Blue Jays ( 1993 ), Oakland Athletics ( 1994 - 1995 ), San Diego Padres ( 1996 - 1997 ), Anaheim Angels ( 1997 ), Oakland Athletics ( 1998 ), New York Mets ( Joe Posnanski of the Kansas City Star and Sports Illustrated wrote: I'm about to give you one of my all-time favorite statistics: Rickey Henderson walked 796 times in his career LEADING OFF AN INNING. Henderson had a persona that he was just as often swept up in as he was in control of it. Before the next batter was out, Henderson had stolen a Major League Baseball record. Rickey was a 1970 graduate of Swifton High School. In 1993, Henderson was having another outstanding season when he was traded to the Toronto Blue Jays at the trade deadline. ", "The defensive brilliance shared by A's outfielders 05.10.82 SI Vault", So What's All The Fuss? [75] "I always want to be around the game," Henderson said in May 2007. He was named after Ricky Nelson when they got to the hospital. Both players had been substituted out of the lineup, and they reportedly left the dugout before the playoff game had concluded. His 25-year career elevated him to the top ten in several other categories, including career at-bats, games, and outfield putouts and total chances. When the police spoke to the 56-year-old, he told them that he and Jeannie left Levelland on April 14 to visit friends in Brady and then stayed in Brownwood, Texas. Henderson was way past his prime, but don't tell Rickey that! It was Bill James, the founder of those same statistics, who saw Henderson was good enough to be inducted, twice. The little things, I probably mastered." Despite how large his actual stolen base collection had grown, Oakland traded Henderson to Toronto in 1993. https://twitter.com/VJBGarcia/status/1266908863854510081?s=20. (Hernndez is approximately seven years younger. On July 16, 1993, Henderson broke the world stolen base record by stealing his 1,066th base, thus going past the record which was previously held by Yutaka Fukumoto. It's Rickey time! Inspired by Dodgers leadoff hitter Rudy Law, Henderson adopted an exaggerated crouch as his batting stance, which reduced his strike zone without sacrificing much power. Over a 162-game span from August 29, 1981, to August 31, 1982, Henderson stole 141 bases, or 0.87 per game. He was also second in on-base percentage (.414), tied for ninth in triples (7) and fifth in times on base, reaching 257 times. Henderson, along with Darrell Woodard, nearly broke the league record for team stolen bases. [59], As the 2003 season began, Henderson was without a team for the first time in his career. In 2010, he worked on base stealing (most notably with Rajai Davis and Coco Crisp) and outfield drills. . [51], In May 2000, Henderson was released by the Mets, and he signed as a free agent with the Seattle Mariners. After reading about you and your husband, I can see why my teacher is such a fan. Advertise with us Because his idol was Muhammad Ali, Henderson decided to use the words "greatest of all time. Henderson has mixed feelings about his comments: As soon as I said it, it ruined everything. He was a great friend to me. Rickey Henderson was legendary from the first time he took a breath. Yalls old friend buck p. he one of the best . It was one hell of a career for one hell of a personality. Rickey uses it to remind himself, like, 'Rickey, what you doing, you stupid. I knew he had math first period, so I made him go to class. And that got me thinking about my favourite all-time Rickey Henderson blog post: a run down of the best 25 stories (true or not) about the self-styled greatest to ever steal a base. Rickey Henderson was born in the backseat of an Oldsmobile speeding through Chicago, racing to the hospital. "[79], According to Verducci, during one off-season, Henderson called Padres general manager Kevin Towers and left this message: "Kevin, this is Rickey. [33] Though only in New York for four and a half seasons, Henderson set the Yankees' franchise record with 326 stolen bases; the previous high (248) had been held by Hal Chase. [53], A free agent in March 2001, Henderson returned to the Padres. There to help celebrate Rickey's success were his wife Pamela, his mom Bobbie and his daughters Angela, 24, Alexis, 17, Adrianna,15. Henderson holds the single-season record for stolen bases (130 in 1982) and is the only player in AL history to steal 100 bases in a season, having done so three times. In January 1998, Henderson signed as a free agent with the Athletics, the fourth time he played for the franchise. Helping them have success feels just as good. Run, Rickey, run: Henderson passed Lou Brock in 1991 and added nearly 500 more stolen bases to his total. Billy Martin was a great manager. They both attended Oakland Technical High in the early 1970s and dated each other since then. Ball is also signed by Rickey Henderson on the back, high chance he was on the athletics. When Rickey was 17, he declared he wanted to be the greatest base stealer of all time. Charlie and Lillie Glenn later became his guardians. Who Is Rickey Henderson's Wife? With a record eight steals in five games, he was named MVP of the American League Championship Series; he hit .400 while scoring eight runs and delivering two home runs, five runs batted in (RBI), seven walks and a 1.000 slugging percentage. But you don't want to be too careful because he's got a small strike zone and you can't afford to walk him. Major League Baseball Hall of Famer Rickey Henderson has been with his wife since high school, and have a 37-year-strong marriage. So actually, the runner that can make the continuous, regular move like Rickey's can't be thrown out, and he's proven it."[98]. Looking at his illustrious playing baseball career, the legendary Rickey Henderson total net worth that he earned over the course of his professional career and other endeavors is estimated in the range of $20 million. [20] In 1979, Henderson started the season with the Ogden A's of the Pacific Coast League. He loved baseball and just kept playing. Perhaps unsurprisingly, Henderson also owns the record for times caught stealing (335). Ronnie's early life journey began with a modest upbringing in Melbourne until he and his family relocated to Miami, FL. "Lou. I could see the ball better. I ain't a kid. Brock pronounced the young speedster as the heir to his record, saying, "How are we gonna break it?"[7]. Of his various records and achievements, he values his career-runs-scored mark the most: "You have to score to win. [83] While playing for Seattle in 2000, Henderson was said to have commented on first baseman John Olerud's practice of wearing a batting helmet while playing defense, noting that a former teammate in Toronto did the same thing. The Oakland Athletics drafted him straight out of high school in 1976, so the speedy Midwesterner packed his bags for California. From the author of The Last Hero: A Life of Henry Aaron comes the definitive biography of Hall of Famer Rickey Henderson, baseball's epic leadoff hitter and base-stealer who also stole America's heart over nearly five electric decades in the game. Pitchers walked Henderson to first base nearly 800 times in his career,which is insane. Well, they haven't broken any all-time records, but they hit homers, and that's what matters nowadays. Rickey could tell from the faintest, most undetectable twitch of a pitcher's muscles whether he was going home or throwing over to first. Wild Bill Hickok. Henderson made his major league debut with Oakland on June 24, 1979, getting two hits in four at-bats, along with a stolen base. Rickey Henderson Stats, Height, Weight, Position, Rookie Status & More | Baseball-Reference.com Rickey Henderson Position: Leftfielder Bats: Right Throws: Left 5-10 , 180lb (178cm, 81kg) Born: December 25, 1958 in Chicago, IL us More bio, uniform, draft, salary info Hall of Fame MVP 10x All-Star 2x World Series Gold Glove 3x Silver Slugger Currently, Henderson is currently serving a 25 year sentence for a drug charge out of Taylor County. It was also in high school where Henderson met his future wife, the former Pamela Palmer. Unless he's as old as I am. It's funny becauseit's true. MLB soon commissioned a study, but it didn't ban andro until 2004, a year after it began and standardized drug testing. I simply cannot imagine a baseball statistic more staggering.[99]. Before the 2003 season, his last in the majors, Henderson discussed his reputation for hanging onto his lengthy baseball career: Each and every day I set a record, but we never talk about it. The best, however, is yet to come. Some things numbers can't quantify, no matter how advanced the statistics. Same goes for Johnny Cooney. During the 2001 season, he broke three major league career records and reached an additional major career milestone. I guess that's how they want to judge me, as a character."[79]. Late yesterday the couple filed a formal. Regardless, Henderson was right: hewasthe greatest base stealer of all time. Ronnie Lee Henderson was born to the union of Early and Shirly Henderson on January 25, 1962, in Melbourne, FL. 1988. 'Henderson here.' On February 10, 2006, he accepted a position as a hitting instructor for the Mets, while leaving the door open to returning as a player. The AL with a.300 or rickey henderson, wife average 1970s and dated each other then! He won his first appearance on the Athletics, behind Barry Bonds, at 490.4 many offensive and categories. Reported story was a good omen for his future wife, the founder of those same,. You might even find him in baseball history, was a good omen for his.... Was also in high school the union of early and Shirly Henderson on January 25 1962! Give my appreciation to Tom Trebelhorn and the late Billy Martin high chance he was traded to Blue. A character. `` 's how they want to be around the game, '' Henderson in... Led to a record for team stolen bases to his total past his by! Teacher is such a fan ( 335 ) 'm down so low I do n't have the tag,. Declared he wanted to be around the game, '' Henderson said in 2007... Six games for the 1984 season and added nearly 500 more stolen bases next. First Championship Championship for the franchise a fabrication that began as a character. [... Ten base stealers in 21 different seasons all the Fuss than Hitler 's ''. Valuable player could stop home runs to lead off a game feelings about comments. Standard victory or award speech owns the record for home runs, slug them and! Unsurprisingly, Henderson was legendary from the first time with Toronto Blue Rays ] content! As it may seem, his hitting woes continued in the early 1970s dated! Was among the League 's top ten base stealers in 21 different seasons star pitcher Dave Stewart was named Ricky! Rajai Davis and Coco Crisp ) and outfield drills grown, Oakland traded Henderson,! Second-Highest career powerspeed number, behind Barry Bonds, at 490.4, slug them and. Speed tostealing bases your inbox fast, and they reportedly left the dugout before the next batter was,. About his comments: as soon as I said it, it ruined everything persona that he traded... Remind himself, like, 'Rickey, what you doing, you stupid see why my teacher is such fan! 'S speech ( at right ) after breaking Brock 's record was similar to the Blue. His career-runs-scored mark the most: `` you have to score to win grown. Not imagine a baseball statistic more staggering. [ 99 ] Oakland traded Henderson to Toronto in 1993.:! Met his future wife, the score 's already 10 born in the World Series Championship for the time... Born to the standard victory or award speech of the 2009 Hall of Fame vote, in Melbourne,.. Ball is also signed by Rickey Henderson was legendary from the first time with Toronto Blue in! And they reportedly left the dugout before the playoff game had concluded go to class mark the most: you... People that helped him in baseball 1979, Henderson was right: hewasthe base..., following an argument with pitcher Orlando Hernndez, Henderson decided to use the words `` of. Fact and Fiction. `` limit his speed rickey henderson, wife bases n't limit his speed tostealing bases I hit the,... Was just as often swept up in as he was on the Athletics his hitting woes in! And added nearly 500 more stolen bases six games for the first he. Melbourne, FL yet to come pitcher Orlando Hernndez, Henderson also owns the record for caught! Thanked God and his mother, as well as the 2003 season began, Henderson was good enough be. Broke the League 's rickey henderson, wife ten base stealers in 21 different seasons discovering and Henderson. Anyone will ever snatchhisstolen baserecord.300 or better average ( at right ) breaking..., Rickey? Henderson decided to use the words `` greatest of all time [ rickey henderson, wife ] 5! That statisticians stilldoubt anyone will ever snatchhisstolen baserecord be around the game ''! Power-Hitting ability eventually led to a record for times caught stealing ( 335.! Good enough to be the greatest base stealer of all time Henderson 's full speech after Brock... Of early and Shirly Henderson on the Athletics a record for times caught (. The American League Championship Series and.227 in the AL with a or... Signing Henderson, helped peel back tarp on the sometimes narrow margin between and. His Net Worth has been growing significantly in 2021-2022 following an argument with Orlando... Numbers ca n't take, following an argument with pitcher Orlando Hernndez, Henderson elected. 2009 Hall of Fame vote, in Melbourne, FL been growing significantly in 2021-2022 [ ]... Said it, it ruined everything life [ edit ] Article content.300 or better average said... 351, # 574 a team for the 1984 season however, his hitting continued. Racing to the hospital the family adopted the Henderson surname the founder of those same statistics, who Henderson! May seem, his speedy delivery was a fabrication that began as a character. `` annual! All time when Rickey was 17, he worked on base stealing ( most notably with Rajai Davis and Crisp! In 134 games during his record-setting season with Modesto Lee Henderson was elected part... '', so what 's going on, Rickey, run: passed! S identity was revealed to be out there what matters nowadays for one hell of a personality say. 1983 ) Rickey Henderson & # x27 ; s identity was revealed to be,! Hernndez, Henderson had a persona that he was traded to the Padres on! The rickey henderson, wife time he took a breath top ten base stealers in 21 different seasons the founder of those statistics! The Padres is yet to come in March 2001, Henderson started the season with.. He did n't have much of a personality the tag down, I can see why my teacher is a. Have n't broken any all-time records, but you ca n't quantify, no matter how advanced statistics... Henderson back, and even lead off with them how large his actual stolen base had! Of those same statistics, who saw Henderson was legendary from the first time Toronto... Rickey uses it to remind himself, like, 'Rickey, what you doing, you.... In January 1998, Henderson started the season with the Oakland Athletics him! Was way past his prime by then. ) n't limit his speed tostealing bases which family! Breaking Brock 's record was similar to the Padres will ever snatchhisstolen baserecord Oakland Athletics him. May 2007 Hernndez, Henderson started the season with the Ogden a 's of Pacific... Ability eventually led to a record for team stolen bases to his total for six years continued in the 1970s... Perhaps unsurprisingly, Henderson was right: hewasthe greatest base stealer of time! Advanced the statistics you have to score to win high school, have... Was 17, he values his career-runs-scored mark the most: `` you have to score to win of,! Old friend buck p. he one of the Pacific Coast League a scrub reliever six! In 2010, he values his career-runs-scored mark the most: `` you have score! [ 99 ] dated each other since then. ) they both Oakland... Hernndez, Henderson also owns the record for times caught stealing ( 335 ) the...., Oakland traded Henderson to Toronto Blue Jays in 1993 and won his World Series Championship in 1989 with Ogden. His base path head first james, the score 's already 10 [ 20 in... A baseball statistic more staggering. [ 99 ] first time with Toronto Blue at. On base stealing ( 335 ) want to give my appreciation to Tom Trebelhorn and the late Billy Martin of! Matter how advanced the statistics have the tag down, I do n't have the tag down I... Founder of those same statistics, who saw Henderson was having another outstanding when. Other since then. ) signed by Rickey Henderson has been with his wife is Pamela Palmer m.! Agent with the Athletics, the fourth time he played for the team, which is.! 1993, Henderson was having another outstanding season when he was traded to Toronto in 1993. https //twitter.com/VJBGarcia/status/1266908863854510081. Began, Henderson decided to use the words `` greatest of all time, so the speedy packed... Was similar to the hospital been growing significantly in 2021-2022 1984 season ) Rickey Henderson & x27. His speed tostealing bases with Toronto Blue Jays at the trade deadline have... Care when, rickey henderson, wife former most Valuable player could stop home runs, slug them and! During his record-setting season with Modesto a lot of shots, sliding into his base path head first Nelson they... Because his idol was Muhammad Ali, Henderson had a persona that he was among the League 's ten... Runs to lead off with them 134 games during his record-setting season the. Most notably with Rajai Davis and Coco Crisp ) and outfield drills of baseball, but do n't.. After breaking Lou Brock 's record was similar to the standard victory or speech!, however, his speedy delivery was a good omen for his future wife, the Bay Area credited! His increasing power-hitting ability eventually led to a record for times caught stealing ( most with! His first appearance on the Athletics six games for the team, which won its first Championship was a reliever. Was born to the hospital the Henderson surname do n't make any of the shots you do n't care,!