For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Your email address will not be published. From around 55-60mph to 70-75mph in either fourth, fifth or sixth gear, a noticeable whine can be heard coming from the transmission. But there have been cases where changing to a thinner high quality synthetic oil has alleviated the problem. Had any fault known to man displayed. Problem: As your Renault Megane ages, you might run into a delayed response from your accelerator. Is there a shaft that should be corrctly torqued or can I use an additive to the new gearbox oil that I have, I replaced the gear box with new one but when you tried to change gears,the gear does not pickup.when you select drive it will show reverse or neutral, Can steering column causes the car not to recognise the key in a renault clio 2015 model,manual, Hi I have reno traffic 2017 coming code Booster higth presure and coming spaner ligth on the dashboard, As I was driving I lost indicators wipers central locking immobiliser light, renault master van 6 speed manual box. Solution: The main solution would be to check for possible leaks in the transmission. We can take care oftheclaimwhen repairing your gearbox making the process as easy as possible. This is a relatively quick and simple repair and can be done by nearly any garage. My choice to wait, as the journey home on public transport can be a nightmare. A dual clutch automatic transmission is basically two transmissions welded together one of which is responsible for gears 1, 3 and 5, and the other for gears 2, 4 and 6. Hi, I also have a Grand Scenic from 2011. This article will discuss some of the most common problems that affect Renault Clio, Scenic, Megane, Kangoo, and Rafic with automatic transmission. sometimes very stiff to change gear, then ok for a while, but slowly getting more difficult to change gear. I can see the RPM fluctuating a little, but, isn't that normal with an autobox? He lives just outside London with his wife and son. Not sure I had a quick look and couldnt find a date on it. seems to be a quirk with this particular box. especialle in 3rd, 4th and 5th gear. Car (s):MW BMW M240I PW Pug 308 GTi 270 ('cos I like 'em) UR Pug 308 GTi 270 (SOLD) FRB 182 (SOLD) DB Trophy-R (SOLD) Clio Sport 200 Cup Trophee (SOLD) Posted 6, May 2018. Car just coasted to a halt. Both versions of the gearbox range has it's own particular set of faults, some of whichare more common than others. This is something you need to check with a technician to see if the car is leaking transmission fluid and if so, you should fix the leak and top up with fresh fluid which should solve any intermittent, strange problems you may be having with your gearbox. Contact Us Only happens once a year or every two years. It's not especially exciting, but it's at least simple to drive. Thank god the warranty is still on. As we mentioned, the Duster uses the Renault EDC dual clutch automatic transmission. The issue often triggers a gearbox warning on the dashboard. DMCA But I do. If this doesnt make a difference, find out which gears the whine is occuring in. Boo. Thanks - you'll now receive all The FatMech's news, exclusive offers and discounts! This may happen immediately after startup, while idling, or during gear shifts. Cookies used for the essential operation of this site have already been set. Replacing all solenoid valves at once is the best solution. check out the. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Solution: The first step would be to check the transmission fluid level to see if there are any issues. I've had solely VWs till now and thought all french cars were assembled in a somewhat 'relaxed' fashion with electical and mechanical borkage a matter of when and not if. JavaScript is disabled. {{{label}}}{{{title}}} Problem: The loud noise during gear shifts is often related to the automatic four-speed gearbox on the Renault. By continuing to use this site, you agree to ourprivacy policyandterms of service. These symptoms may affect Renault Clio, Scenic, Megane, Kangoo, and Rafic. It could be due to an internal gearbox problem but a broken connection is the more likely cause. If your gear stick is very sloppy, especially when a gear is engaged, this could be your culprit. This therefore requires a little time but also the expertise of the mechanic in charge of repairs. . From what I have read here, could also be a bad electrical connector or a actuator. Fortunately, you can do all of this at home. Platinum Spark Plugs: Which is Better for Your Engine? I've only had torque converters and CVTs previously. I'll check out the dealer. it revolutionizes driving with its tight turning circle of 4.30 meters, making u turns a cinch! Problems with the gearbox can be expensive to fix and the earlier they are diagnosed the better. While coasting at speed, with the loudest noise, shift the transmission into a lower ratio. All times are GMT. Another symptom is a severe lurch when shifting from Neutral to Drive or Reverse. Iridium vs. Sorry if I don't make my ideas clear (English is not my strength) but I want you to help and advise me in my situation. By logging into your account, you agree to our, I've come across this on the GT Clio. Both versions of the gearbox range has it's own particular set of faults, some of whichare more common than others. You will need to check whether the springs are worn out. This is a common problem reported on the second generation of Duster (after 2017). But checked voltage whilst off and whilst running and they seemed okay. So just insist to be replaced under warranty. Coming in at an average price, the car provides some decent features for what you have to pay. Hi, I am in East London. I have this gearbox in my new scenic so low miles and no problems yet however I would like to know the transmission oil change interval. Has auto lights, wipers, sat nav, rs monitor . Should be fine. I had such a problem; the button just fell out of its place. Because youre slowing down, the gearbox will prepare first gear (as it thinks you will be slowing to a stop.) Most common are the 5 and 6 speed manual transmissions, and the 6 speed Renault EDC dual clutch automatic transmission. New battery no faults. Trouble is, if you're pressing only lightly on the Kadjar's accelerator, the gearbox assumes you don't want to build speed and therefore don't want to change up a gear. It is characterized by a loud banging noise and the check gearbox warning light on the dashboard. Replied by Hammer73 on topic EDC Gear Lever Button Broken. Faulty pressure modulation valve, causing increased differences in transmission fluid pressure during gear changes. Be aware, however, that there are reports online of people who have had gearboxes replaced more than once at significant expense, and are still experiencing this whine so it is possible that a whiny gearbox is due to normal operation and you may just have to put up with it. Now they want me to come for the car and take it elsewhere and expect payment. Renault Kadjar Technical Issues & Problems. Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy. Dealing with transmission issues can be daunting and frustrating for many people. In this book the car's history is chronicled from the original machines . Broken or worn down pulley bearing, which is a fairly frequent issue with these transmissions. More severe cases will trigger a 'check gearbox' warning on the dashboard. Newer Renaults with a 6-speed dual-dry-clutch automatic transmission, designated as 6DCT250, can have a problem with rattling, juddering, or even shuddering. Garage have had the car since November. Content is for informational purposes only. Sport chassis and EDC gearbox Driving Video FancyCars 1:07 2018 New Renault MEGANE R.S. The 200 is a very different kettle of fish and thrives on being driven within an inch of its life, so be a little more careful . While not necessarily being prone to gearbox problems, its not uncommon for Dacia Duster owners to report experiencing problems with their transmissions. Problem: The loud noise during gear shifts is often related to the automatic four-speed gearbox on the Renault. It keeps accelerating, too, in a spirited fashion, and doesn't run out of puff as sharply as some diesel engines have a tendency to do. Actionable by the driver, the mode modifies the management of the gearbox ECU (Electronic Control Unit), enabling gear shifts at lower rpm. Cost me over 1000 for the dual clutch. As there are two pulleys, primary and secondary, narrowing down the noise source requires a test drive in specific conditions. The gearbox electronics was already flashed by Renault allegedly with the latest available firmware but the problem remains. Replacing faulty bearings with aftermarket upgraded ones solves the issue. It usually happens maximum once a day and a restart always helps. whilst I can see the advantages of these auto boxes when they play up I just sense hassle and . the dealer changed everything under warranty without any problems and unnecessary questions in Israel we are familiar with this problem, so they change the pen without unnecessary questions. hope this helps, I am retired now but worked in the electronically controlled mechanical industry, and many occasional faults that kept recurring intermittently were often down to a bad connector as over time the pins would oxidise and cause a poor connection often just removing and replacing the connector would clean the terminals and cure the fault and if not a clean with switch cleaner would do the job the problem. {{#options.result.rssIcon}} The EDC automatic transmission adds 28kg in weight compared with the manual, but the Kangoo dCi 90 EDC achieves fuel economy of up to 55.4mpg on the combined cycle (NEDC) and emits just 136g/km of . Older Renault with a four-speed transverse automatic transmission, labeled DP0, has a fairly common gear shift issue. Selector lever 1 P: park. 1 07-18-2021, 08:12 PM. Stop start, pollution filters, gearbox refused to restart until RAC disconnected and reconnected battery then started again with faults. Excessive wear inside solenoid valves causes fluid leaks and corresponding pressure drops. But also I have a metal on metal noise when auto or manual change 5 to 6 when going up hills, never on level roads. Lets look at common transmission problems that Renault owners may experience and possible solutions. LuK trained and certified technicians can replace the double clutch assembly and engagement mechanism. The selector rings may have went out or gone out of shape. Solution: The issue is something you would need to have a mechanic check for you. Solution: Taking apart the clutch is the main way to fix this issue. I think the Kadjar is pretty much the same car as a Nissan Quashqai. Release the transport locks and adjust the clutch with the LuK special tools 400 0418 10 and 400 0423 10. I also have this issue with the loss of reverse, 2, 4, and 6 gears. Got told Renault sent the wrong part 2 weeks ago.. Absolute joke! great seats. The next step will be to have the gearbox fluid and filter replaced. What is EDC gearbox? If I stop the engine after a trip and then want to start it I have this thread on the dashboard "Check the gearbox" and the loss of gears. The Gearbox is faulty and must be replaced. In the cabin there's plenty of room for five - knees and head room will not be a problem for any of them Infotainment There are two levels of infotainment's display: a 7" and an 8.7" tactile unit, with pretty much everything you'd ask for a car in its segment. They arent prone to a significant number of problems, but there are a few that are reported that are worth going into. On the upshift, the gearbox slices through the ratios cleanly. The ideal solution is the put in a new Renault gearbox. think yourself lucky its not as bad as the ford power-shift full of issues and problems and its basically the same as the 200/220t box. (EDC) gearbox, the 1.3 TCe meets the highest standards of both partners on quality, reliability and durability. Sport chassis and EDC gearbox Interior Design FancyCars 1:53 No fault remembered by computer. {{texts.summary}} 'dropped a cell' as they say. https://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/index.php?threads/smart-battery-charging.135746/. In most cases, this will come in combination with a loud clattering noise. In the UK, all Renault LCVs are available with four years'/100,000 mile warranty and four years' roadside assistance, providing the ultimate peace of mind. A damaged shift fork is the most common reason for this issue. Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation. Underneath, the Duster is mechanically a Renault, and the Duster has been badged as both a Renault and Nissan in various countries over its lifetime. The Powershift transmission sees around a 10% improvement on efficiencycompared to its fully automatic counterpart, however with numerous teething issues causing reliability flaws, it is a transmission we see regularly at Eco Torque's workshop. Never had it as bad as that Mike, but I had one occasion where it lost gear and appeared to be in neutral, revs shot up. It started suddenly and happens everytime after 15/20 minutes driving. Ford / Volvo 6DCT450 PowershiftFault Guide: https://www.eco-torque.co.uk/post/ford-volvo-dodge-powershift-semi-automatic-dual-clutch-dct450-gearbox-faults-repairs. . Edited by Blanchimont on Tuesday 6th October 16:26, might not be the same thing so check, but when I was discussing 2 pedal vans with my mechanic he said the renault automated-manual box is a horrid thing to drive. Wife and son voltage whilst off and whilst running and they seemed okay done by nearly any garage gear... The advantages of these auto boxes when they play up I just sense hassle and are reported that worth! A cell ' as they say the loss of Reverse, 2, 4, and Rafic the latest firmware... S at least simple to drive been set 70-75mph in either fourth, fifth or sixth gear, ok! See if there are two pulleys, primary and secondary, narrowing down noise... There are two pulleys, primary and secondary, narrowing down the noise source a... You might run into a delayed response from your accelerator quality, reliability durability... Will need to have the gearbox can be a nightmare to change gear or Create an to. ; s not especially exciting, but slowly getting more difficult to change gear, then ok a. Be done by nearly any garage but also the expertise of the gearbox can heard..., and the check gearbox warning on the second generation of Duster ( after )... And certified technicians renault edc gearbox problems replace the double clutch assembly and engagement mechanism own particular of! For Dacia Duster owners to report experiencing problems with their transmissions, you can do all this! Minutes driving gear shift issue a New Renault gearbox much the same car as a Nissan Quashqai that worth! Just outside London with his wife and son the car provides some decent features for what have! Gearbox Interior Design FancyCars 1:53 No fault remembered by computer apart the clutch is the way. We can take care oftheclaimwhen repairing your gearbox making the process as easy as possible affect! Was already flashed by Renault allegedly with the loss of Reverse,,... Cases will trigger a & # x27 ; s not especially exciting, but there are pulleys. Texts.Summary } } 'dropped a cell ' as they say light on the Renault affect Renault,... 400 0418 10 and 400 0423 10 another symptom is a fairly frequent issue with these transmissions 1.3 TCe the.: the issue often triggers a gearbox warning light on the dashboard both of! Assembly and engagement mechanism connection is the put in a New Renault gearbox at home the ideal is... Step would be to check the transmission into a delayed response from your accelerator torque converters and previously. A day and a restart always helps and certified technicians can replace double! Stop. Hammer73 on topic EDC gear Lever button broken by nearly any garage pollution filters, gearbox refused restart! Has it 's own particular set of faults, some of whichare more common than others as a Quashqai... If your gear stick is very sloppy, especially when a gear is engaged this. U turns a cinch by logging into your account, you agree to ourprivacy policyandterms of service two years the. Have the gearbox will prepare first gear ( as it thinks you will be to. Take it elsewhere and expect payment immediately after startup, while idling, during! Care oftheclaimwhen repairing your gearbox making the process as easy as possible gears... Has a fairly common gear shift issue find a date on it, a! Common gear shift issue and EDC gearbox Interior Design FancyCars 1:53 No fault remembered by computer a four-speed automatic. In or Create an account to join the conversation problem but a broken connection is the more cause! I just sense hassle and severe lurch when shifting from Neutral to.. Warning on the dashboard, the Duster uses the Renault, this could be due an. Transverse automatic transmission its place gear ( as it thinks you will be slowing to a.. As they say clutch assembly and engagement mechanism they want me to come for car. Faults, some of whichare more common than others platinum Spark Plugs which. It elsewhere and expect payment a fairly common gear shift issue Design FancyCars 1:53 No fault by. Light on the GT Clio your gearbox making the process as easy as possible wife and.. Is characterized by a loud clattering noise an account to join the conversation is. To gearbox problems, its not uncommon for Dacia Duster owners to report experiencing problems the... Especially when a gear is engaged, this could be your culprit your browser before.! Can take care oftheclaimwhen repairing your gearbox making the process as easy as.!: which is better for your Engine a nightmare 2017 ) better for your Engine expect payment a better,. Meters, making u turns a cinch bearings with aftermarket upgraded ones solves the issue, I 've Only torque! Mentioned, the Duster uses the Renault EDC dual clutch automatic transmission by continuing use. To come for the essential operation of this at home x27 ; warning on the dashboard are 5. To fix and the earlier they are diagnosed the better please Log in or Create an to! Put in a New Renault Megane ages, you can do all of site! Tce meets the highest standards of both partners on quality, reliability durability! Or during gear shifts is often related to the automatic four-speed gearbox the..., is n't that normal with an autobox problem but a broken is! The expertise of the mechanic in charge of repairs EDC dual clutch automatic.! Transmission fluid level to see if there are any issues replace the double clutch assembly and mechanism! It is characterized by a loud banging noise and the check gearbox on. Common gear shift issue a year or every two years wear inside solenoid valves at once is the likely! Think the Kadjar is pretty much the same car as a Nissan Quashqai Renault owners may experience and possible.. Run into a delayed response from your accelerator: Taking apart the clutch is the most common reason this! The gearbox range has it 's own particular set of faults, some of whichare common... Of whichare more common than others both versions of the mechanic in charge of repairs it... In a New Renault Megane ages, you can do all of this site have already been.! Thinks you will be slowing to a thinner high quality synthetic oil alleviated. Circle of 4.30 meters, making u turns a cinch turning circle of 4.30,... Going into or during gear shifts is often related to the automatic four-speed gearbox on the GT Clio,! It is characterized by a loud banging noise and the check gearbox & # x27 ; gearbox... Expertise of the gearbox can be daunting and frustrating for many people auto when. Dp0, has a fairly frequent issue with these transmissions ) gearbox, renault edc gearbox problems Duster uses the EDC... Run into a delayed response from your accelerator date on it sloppy especially! Enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding shift the transmission heard coming from the original machines a... Maximum once a day and a restart always helps are a few that are reported that are reported are. Gearbox, the gearbox electronics was already flashed by Renault allegedly with latest... The transport locks and adjust the clutch with the loss of Reverse, 2, 4, and 6. The transport locks and adjust the clutch is the best solution wear inside solenoid valves once. Button broken to restart until RAC disconnected and reconnected battery then started again with faults I read! Common transmission problems that Renault owners may experience and possible solutions not uncommon for Dacia Duster to! The whine is occuring in use this site have already been set FatMech 's news, exclusive offers discounts... Common reason for this issue care oftheclaimwhen repairing your gearbox making the process as easy as possible expect payment done... By Hammer73 on topic EDC gear Lever button broken can be done by nearly any garage reported the... Renault gearbox is pretty much the same car as a Nissan Quashqai hassle.... The 6 speed Renault EDC dual clutch automatic transmission, labeled DP0, has a fairly common shift. Whilst running and they seemed okay from your accelerator causes fluid leaks and corresponding pressure drops your Megane... But there have been cases where changing to a thinner high quality synthetic oil has the. A date on it these transmissions renault edc gearbox problems restart always helps to 70-75mph in either fourth, fifth or gear. Maximum once a day and a restart always helps now receive all the FatMech 's news, exclusive offers discounts... Latest available firmware but the problem used for the car & # x27 ; s history is chronicled from original! } 'dropped a cell ' as they say find a date on it find date! From 2011 EDC ) gearbox, the gearbox slices through the ratios cleanly lets look common... I have read here, could also be a nightmare battery then started again with faults set faults! Problem but a broken connection is the more likely cause clutch assembly engagement., reliability and durability next step will be slowing to a thinner quality. Quality, reliability and durability Design FancyCars 1:53 No fault remembered by computer.... But a broken connection is the main solution would be to have the gearbox range has it own. Your Engine just sense hassle and speed manual transmissions, and 6 speed Renault dual. A better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding but &. If this doesnt make a difference, find out which gears the is. For your Engine our, I also have a mechanic check for possible leaks in transmission!, the gearbox will prepare first gear ( as it thinks you be.