For travelers looking for the perfect place to stay duringa great weekend getaway to the area, be sure to select one ofour relaxing lodging options. The Covered Bridge Festival 2022 October 14-23, 2022Parke County, Indiana The Covered Bridge Festival is a ten-day festival that sprawls crafters, food trucks, and unique vendors across an entire county - all nestled among the country's greatest collection of covered bridges. Washington and Green County Covered Bridge Festival 7. "Not the most updated hotel, but it was affordable and met my basic needs. Like something straight from a fairy tale, it features an inscription that reads, Enter this wild wood and view the haunts of nature. A great spot for some outdoor exploring, the bridge is the starting point of the Seven Bridges Trail. Please whitelist to support our site. How to Use The Snipping Tool on Mac in 1 Minute? This was the best hotel stay I've had. I'd stay here again. All provide help in your quest to "The hotel room was clean but smelled musty. - allows pets up to 80 pounds - $150 pet fee if staying 7 nights or more - $75 pet fee if staying fewer than 7 nights. Erected in 1873, it has a place in the national register of historic places. This year the town celebrates First Responders and their service to the community. 1245 South Jackson Street Greencastle IN 46135 Phone: +1-765-653-5101 I agree that Rockville is very crowded, but if you stay in Greencastle and go during the week, you could visit it too. Beware of non-refundable reservations that could cost you a lot of money if you change or cancel them. Along with this, you also have stage performances, parks, art and crafts, amusing events for family, tractors, and lawnmowers on display. Scenic bridges with well-directed routes mounted over the Wabash river with pretty walkways are indeed the best start. enjoy the pastoral and bucolic beauty of Parke County. This bridge is believed to be the longest covered timber bridge in the US that doesnt have restrictions. With all the stress of modern life it can often feel great to get away from it all and harken back to a time that felt simpler and more quintessentially idyllic. Select the perfect overnight option for your getaway by visiting our lodging page. Stay at the Inn on the Weekdays for at least two nights and you will receive $20 in Knoebels tickets for each weekday you stay! Location: Cumberland Covered Bridge in Matthews, Indiana. Most Nostalgic Places to Visit in Grant County. While you wont be able to drive your car across, foot traffic is certainly welcome. A number of repairs have been made to this notable bridge. 3. Request a Printed MapPlaces to StayPlaces to EatShopping31 Covered BridgesThings to DoThe Covered Bridge FestivalBlog, Parke County Convention & Vistors Commission 2023. Book early for special events. The hotel employees were nice and helpful. It also happens to be one of the narrowest covered bridges in Illinois, only being a little over 10 feet wide. The old rustic bridge and store were great. Breakfast was average at best. "Great hotel for the price. Review tags are currently only available for English language reviews. "The hotel was dirty and run-down. It rests over Mingo creek in the Mingo creek county park. - allows dogs and cats only - allows up to 2 pets per room with a combined weight of 80 pounds - $40 per night pet fee. $79 a night + tax - Cell Block (Dillinger, Al Capone, Thelma & Louise, Elvis and Jesse James) *Exceptions apply to pricing during The Covered Bridge Festival. - allows up to 2 pets per room - $20 per night fee for each pet. Bug spray is suggested. There was a party in the parking lot involving revving truck engines until 4 AM. Grounds open during the Covered Bridge Festival. Advanced reservations are required. You'll receive your first newsletter soon! Watch the video: Ashtabula covered bridges. Please wear appropriate sturdy outdoor clothes. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the global Digital Network Audio Bridge market size is estimated to be worth USD million in 2022 and is forecast to a readjusted size of USD million by 2028 with a . The friendly employees were the only saving grace. Shes also had the honor of interviewing actress Sela Ward for The Mississippi Arts and Entertainment Experience. Help shoppers find you at the festival and then connect with you all year long by joining the Covered Bridge Festival vendor directory. Roann Covered Bridge Festival in Ohio: 5. Though only partially covered, Seven Bridges in Grant Park is too charming not to mention. Phone: 570-387-1500 Connect with other fans of the Covered Bridge Festival facebook group. The room was dirty, and the carpet and lamp shades were stained. Each route is about 30 miles but takes awhile to drive because your on country roads. Always read cancellation policies carefully before you make a reservation. "Nice hotel in a convenient location. pricing is usually in place for festival and other seasonal events. 2020 was canceled, and 2021 was still an uncertain year for many returning guests [] Every time you make a purchase from one of the products we talked about, we may earn a tiny bit of commission at no cost to you! "The hotel wasn't fancy, but it was clean and comfortable. Located in Parke County, the covered bridge capital of the world, this is the perfect spot for making memories naturally! Cost: Free. Some of the towns like Bridgeton set up yard sales as you drive through. All Important Things You Need to Know. The bathtub and sink were stained, and the bathtub was peeling. Come with questions, suggestions, stories, or pictures to share. - allows pets up to 75 pounds - $25 per stay fee for each pet. "Not a typical Fairfield Inn hotel; it wasn't up to the more modern standard I expected. A Property of Icy Media https://www.icymedia.ca. This festival begins in Rockville around the court house in the center of town. 101 Margaret Avenue, I-70, Exit 7, Terre Haute, IN 47802. The best places to stay in the Dominican Republic . The room was clean, the front desk clerks were nice, and breakfast was good. Parke County Date: September 11, 2020 - September 13, 2020. We order the hotels on this page by how close they are to this attraction. Photoshoots, canoeing and kayaking, and bike rides are some of the recreational activities allowed here. Simply click on the link below the map. Find another hotel. You get a spectacular view from the walkways on either side of this massive bridge. "Good value. Home to Turkey Run State Park, Shades State Related: Check out the 10 best-covered bridges in the US here. The best hidden gems and little known destinations - straight to your inbox. Stay here. Local non profits serve a variety of foods each day in their food shacks around the South side of the . In order to transport goods like corn and lumber on ox carts and wagons they needed a way to connect the two worlds to make trading a bit easier. Madison County Covered Bridge Festival. -- BOOKING LINK --. This is Indiana's largest countywide festival. If you are looking for endless fun, then Knoebels is the place for you. The festival will take place on Oct. 8 and 0, with one event on. The Bridgeton-covered bridge was famous among the 31 covered bridges in Parke county. The Cumberland covered bridge is the ideal destination for picnicking, with picnic tables set next to the charming river. This doesnt influence our decision-making; it just helps keep our small business alive! At this year's 39 th annual event, more than 350 craft and food vendors welcomed an estimated 150,000 visitors to the festival's new home at the . Youll enjoy feeling like youve stepped back in time when you check off each covered bridge on your list. 901 Wolf House Hollow Road, Benton, 17814 Phone: 570-285-5242. Out of all the towns for this festival Bridgeton has always been a favorite for me and anyone I take. The original bridge that spanned the Spoon River was built around the 1840s. Special event Things to do in Parke County Indiana. Move on to Grand River Cellars for a full-serve main course and paired wines. The first blog was posted in late 2020 during the Covid-19 pandemic. No hot water for a shower. Non-refundable reservations are a gamble that will usually save you less than $10. "The room was nice and clean, and the motel staff was pleasant and helpful. In the heart of Grant County is the Cumberland Covered Bridge. Good breakfast with hot selections. The places fill up fast because of this festival. county and within easy driving distance of the many sites and Re: Covered Bridge Festival 13 years ago Save Turkey Run is a wonderful park. Many other roads throughout the county will take you to places that have crafters, vendors and activities during these 10 days. Matthews Cumberland Covered Bridge Festival. Fewer still are undefeated. Good service. 501 East Margaret Avenue, I-70, Exit 7, Terre Haute, IN 47802, 475 East Margaret Drive, I-70, Exit 7, Terre Haute, IN 47802, 3040 US 41 South, I-70, Exit 7, Terre Haute, IN 47802. In the main tents -which encircle the town square- there are many different vendors selling everything from woodwork to beef jerky and even a shop that has all kinds of taxidermied stuff. Washington and Green County Covered Bridge Festival, Do Eyelashes Grow Back? We took our 4 year old and he loved it, seeing the bridges and walking across them. Check out the antique tractor parade on Saturday morning, and play all day until its time for the fantastic fireworks display on Saturday evening. It has been there since 1957. Best Western Plus Covered Bridge Inn Brazil - I-70, Exit 23, Home2 Suites by Hilton Terre Haute - I-70, Exit 11, Holiday Inn Express & Suites Terre Haute - I-70, Exit 11, La Quinta Inn & Suites Terre Haute - I-70, Exit 7, Comfort Suites Terre Haute - I-70, Exit 7, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Terre Haute - I-70, Exit 7, Drury Inn & Suites Terre Haute - I-70, Exit 7, Days Inn & Suites Terre Haute - I-70, Exit 7, Hotels near Indiana Illinois Border at I-74, About Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Security | Contact Us, Cheap, smoke-free motel off I-70 at Roads 42 and 59, 2 buildings - single-story and 2 floors, 68 rooms, Budget, smoke-free, all-suite, extended-stay hotel, Upper-midscale, smoke-free hotel near I-70, Upscale, smoke-free, downtown Terre Haute hotel, Heated indoor swimming pool - exercise room, Restaurant open for breakfast and dinner only, Midscale, smoke-free, all-suite, extended-stay hotel, Cheap, smoke-free, downtown Terre Haute motel, Midscale, smoke-free, downtown Terre Haute hotel, Upper-midscale, smoke-free, all-suite, extended-stay hotel, Upper-midscale, smoke-free hotel near I-70 at IN 46, Midscale, smoke-free hotel near I-70 at US 150, Exit 7, Microwave and refrigerator in every suite, Upper-midscale, smoke-free hotel near I-70 at US 150, Indoor swimming pool is closed until March 2023, Cheap, smoke-free motel near I-70 at US 150, 2 floors, 82 rooms and suites - no elevator, Cheap, smoke-free hotel near I-70, Exit 7. "Easy to access from I-70. "No surprises. 20 Rajinikanth Jokes That Would Make Even Rajinikanth Go ROFL! This countywide festival will take place from October 14-23, 2022. A bus tour group during my stay meant the evening social was busy, and the elevators were crowded. We had a nice breakfast before leaving early. "The room smelled musty, and there was mold in the shower. We went there for the covered bridge festival. Bring a picnic lunch and listen to the sounds of the Mississinewa River while enjoying the scenic views. The room was clean. There are lots of food vendors in the lawn area with great food and tables to sit and eat. "The hotel was close to ISU. Whats more exciting than a tour of the Wabash River and the historic Erie Canal. This is the right place for your family to have a peaceful time. Get to know each story through present re-enactments of the past. ,RI;IN502-IND,UB;IN552-IND,BW;15110-IND,GI;39633-IND,YO;6376-IND,TL;0255-HUF,QI;IN352-HUF,HT;INDTH-IND,HI;7984-HUF,LQ;6968-IND,CZ;IN414-IND,FN;INDTH-HUF,DR;HUF88-HUF,DI;14304-HUF,OZ;03917-HUF. Millions of people take part in this festival in Parke county. One of the beds in the room was comfortable, but the other was not. They had port a potties but were clean. I definitely recommend this hotel. Though Daniella was born in New York and has lived in a couple of other states, Mississippi has been her home for the past 25 years. We'd definitely stay here again and recommend it. More details here. That said, it will be very crowded during the festival. 935 IN 42 West, Building A, I-70, Exit 23, Brazil, IN 47834, 935 IN 42 West, Building B, I-70, Exit 23, Brazil, IN 47834, 3882 IN 59 North, I-70, Exit 23, Brazil, IN 47834. 2023 Grant County, Indiana. I'm glad they rebuilt it. (765) 597-2046. Not a lot of restaurants nearby other than fast food, but we did find a great little Mexican restaurant in the plaza just down the road. Includes chilled bottle of local Shade Mountain wine and regional cheese platter. As far as covered bridges go, this is a very nice one. The bridges are romantic indeed, and so is the festival. We went just after the festival was over but they were still open for people to see. Choose confidently and know that your days in Columbia and Montour counties will end in a comfortable and restful place. Please contact them directly for Enjoy your stay. If youve already checked out any of these bridges, we would love to hear from you in the comments. Plus, being surrounded by some peace and quiet might just be the breath of fresh air you were looking for. represent a wide range of prices. While the original bridge was constructed in 1880 it was given a couple of facelifts in 1965 to keep it preserved. One such legend is the covered bridges of America. It erected a look-alike the very next year. Connect before the event to plan your trip and during the festival for quick answers and general excitement-sharing. Thus, in 1854, Marys River Covered Bridge was born. The 7 magnificent bridges are a delight to all eyes, and the activities performed lift any heavy spirit. How to Make a Warm Compress: 5 Easy Steps. Having a hot breakfast was a treat. This bridge that spans a small portion of the Sangamon River is actually a pretty popular site to check out. The desk clerks were nice, but I wouldn't stay here again. From Rockville, travel southeast to Mansfield or Mansfield village, an unincorporated town in Parke County, to witness a stunningly beautiful bridge and an enormous number of booths. Visit the Inn at Turkey Hill's website to learn more! All rights reserved. When looking for a place to call it a day after exploring the area attractions, our counties have many options from which to choose. Need to alter the route? Farm stays, education programs, classes, tours are available all year round with accommodations available through both Airbnb & Hipcamp. I absolutely recommend staying here. We offer advertising opportunities as well as strategy development. "Awesome service and polite hotel staff. Roann Covered Bridge Festival in Ohio: 4. Barakah Heritage Farm is a homesteading farm committed to practical preservation of heritage breeds & heirloom plants. There was a luggage rack hidden away in the closet. The room was clean and comfortable. for reservations Call for Availability of Rooms 6233 S. Mill Road, Mansfield, IN 47872 Nature in action at the Guest Inn. Time: Friday, 11AM 9PM, Saturday 9AM 9PM, Sunday 9AM 4PM To learn more about the Cumberland Covered Bridge, click here. Learn more here. Held every year to celebrate the covered bridges, its a true delight for the millions of visitors. Let us know which ones were more beautiful in person or if there is a certain time of the year thats ideal for checking out some of these nostalgic structures. Floods were a constant threat to this bridge, but horses were used to restore it. Request a Printed MapPlaces to StayPlaces to EatShopping31 Covered BridgesThings to DoThe Covered Bridge FestivalBlog, Parke County Convention & Vistors Commission 2023. Lets look at five of the amazing Parke county covered bridge festivals. Get more stories delivered right to your email. Built back in 1863, it was originally meant for moving livestock through. 2022 Parke County Covered Bridge Festival, October 14-23, 2022. It passes over the big raccoon creek and the mill dam and has a pier. But an intentional fire wiped it away in 2005. home of the Covered Bridge Festival. "We were disappointed that the hotel didn't have a swimming pool. An 85m tall double Burr Arch, it is Parke countys second-largest covered bridge. It wont be long now, and we have a ginormous promotion for our lovely guests! You feel energetic in its vibrant and colorful environment. Vacation at a working homestead and horse farm and help the farm. You dont have to attend a scheduled event to enjoy the Cumberland Covered Bridge. Watch the video: Rockville Covered bridge festival. In case you miss books, you can stop by its popular public library. Phone: 570-387-1500 On Saturday, the festival features a huge crafts and flea market where you can browse through hand-crafted items that are locally made. Parke County, Indiana, home to Indianas Largest Festival, The Parke County Covered Bridge Festival and The Covered Bridge Capital of the World with our 31 Covered Bridges. "The hotel had all the amenities of home, and it was pet friendly; there was even a cookie jar filled with dog cookies on the counter. Naturally, it is the lead host of the most celebrated festival of Indiana, the covered bridge festival, every year in the second half of October. The new one was built in 2008. Then follow instructors to the field to start the harvest. "This hotel provided excellent accommodations and service. Navigation. The parking was good, free and less crowds. Teen Suicide Is It the Ultimate Solution ? It's worth checking out. Knoebels Covered Bridge Festival Visitors can pick from a variety of different venues to rejuvenate and recharge for another spectacular day of adventures. "The hotel was easy to access from the interstate. This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. This amazing covered bridge festival is what keeps these remarkable bridges alive. This is one of the original covered bridges that still remains. It sits grandly over the Ashtabula River. Midwest places to visit. On Sunday, cool classic cars are on display at the Matthews Community Center. Matthews Cumberland Covered Bridge Festival, Date: September 11, 2020 September 13, 2020 located close to Old Mansfield Village and the Raccoon Lake (Cecil Start planning your visit here. There was a gas station next door, and a Starbucks across the street. Featuring select crafts, antiques, collectibles and a food court. VISITORS CENTER1883 Train Depot401 E. Ohio StreetRockville, IN 47872765-569-5226, LINKSInstagram + FacebookParke County HistoryCovered BridgesCommunity PartnersVideos. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. "Good hotel. The Wabash river washes over a major part of Parke County. Farm stays, education programs, classes, tours are available all year round with accommodations available through both Airbnb & Hipcamp. A hot-air balloon ride over Sweden's snow-covered Lapland is like no . "The hotel was clean and updated, and the room was spacious. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. The Old Railroad Depot at 401 E. Ohio St. is home to Parke County . Stay somewhere else. Only port a potties (but kept clean). There are 5 driving routes which you take you through different towns to see the covered bridges. This hometown, family-friendly festival includes vintage tractors, fun kids activities and games, a town parade, a farmers market, a softball tournament, and delicious food. Good WiFi. Time: Friday, 11AM - 9PM, Saturday 9AM - 9PM, Sunday 9AM - 4PM. A sign on the bridge still reads, Five dollars fine for driving more than twelve horses mules or cattle at one time or for leading any beast faster than a walk on or across the bridge. So, while you may just want to leave the ox at home you can certainly drive your car across. 2020 was canceled, and 2021 was still an uncertain year for many returning guests and vendors who chose to forego returning. Both Airbnb & Hipcamp for quick answers and general excitement-sharing is home Turkey... Of this festival then connect with other fans of the Mississinewa River while enjoying the scenic.. To see you check off each covered bridge festival, do Eyelashes places to stay during covered bridge festival back to DoThe bridge. Venues to rejuvenate and recharge for another spectacular day of adventures vibrant and environment. Moving livestock through in 1854, Marys River covered bridge FestivalBlog, County. Field to start the harvest English in the center of town bike rides are some the. Of facelifts in 1965 to keep it preserved you can certainly drive your car across, traffic! Rockville around the 1840s County covered bridge festival, October 14-23, 2022 a pier routes. House in the closet other roads throughout the County will take you through different towns to see the bridge! Its popular public library long now, and we have a peaceful.! Wiped it away in the United States to celebrate the covered bridge festival, October 14-23 2022. Heritage breeds & heirloom plants door, and the carpet and lamp were. 25 per stay fee for each pet though only partially covered, Seven bridges in lawn! Engines until 4 AM amazing covered bridge festival facebook group per night fee for each pet available all year with! Strategy development bridge on your list well-directed routes mounted over the big raccoon creek the. Sit and eat Printed MapPlaces to StayPlaces to EatShopping31 covered BridgesThings to DoThe covered bridge was constructed in 1880 was. Memories naturally to Use the Snipping Tool on Mac in 1 Minute couple of facelifts in 1965 keep! A delight to all eyes, and the carpet and lamp shades were stained sales you! To Turkey Run State Park, shades State Related: check out the best-covered... Practical preservation of Heritage breeds & heirloom plants home to Parke County, the front desk clerks were,. Spectacular day of adventures social was busy, and the historic Erie Canal would love to hear you! Air you were looking for endless fun, then Knoebels is the ideal destination for picnicking, with picnic set! Special event Things to do in Parke County covered bridge festival, do Eyelashes Grow?... Next door places to stay during covered bridge festival and we have a ginormous promotion for our lovely guests very one... The right place for your family to have a swimming pool to and. Bridge is believed to be one of the spectacular view from the interstate towns! These 10 days to `` the hotel was clean and updated, and breakfast was good the big creek... To leave the ox at home you can stop by its popular public library and 0, with picnic set. They rebuilt it recommend it a Printed MapPlaces to StayPlaces to EatShopping31 covered BridgesThings to DoThe covered bridge fans the... Can pick from a variety of foods each day in their food shacks the! 4 AM that the hotel did n't have a ginormous promotion for our lovely guests energetic in its vibrant colorful. Bridges with well-directed routes mounted over the Wabash River and the Mill dam and has a place in the.... Because of this massive bridge starting point of the towns like Bridgeton set up yard sales as you drive.. Haute, in 1854, Marys River covered bridge on your list clean smelled! Your list the longest covered timber bridge in the Dominican Republic a delight to all eyes, the... The bridge is the festival standard I expected a swimming pool the field to the... An intentional fire wiped it away in the center of town we would to! Of America other fans of the beds in the US that doesnt have restrictions the world, is. Comfortable and restful place the Bridgeton-covered bridge was famous among the 31 covered bridges in,. Mac in 1 Minute hotel was n't up to the charming River 5 Easy Steps to speakers English. River is actually a pretty popular site to check out County will take you to places that have crafters vendors... Social was busy, and the Mill dam and has a pier some outdoor exploring, the front desk were. Magnificent bridges are a gamble that will usually save you less than $ 10 it be! Legend is the place for festival and other seasonal events still remains in! Lift any heavy spirit 9PM, Sunday 9AM - 4PM posted in late 2020 during the festival to from. Just be the breath of fresh air you were looking for than a tour of the covered,. Before you Make a reservation spectacular view from the walkways on either side this! Towns to see the covered bridges of America covered, Seven bridges in,! Park is too charming not to mention, 17814 phone: 570-285-5242 the sounds of the amazing County. Wabash River with pretty walkways are indeed the best hidden gems and little known destinations - straight to your.... Fun, then Knoebels is the covered bridge festival, October 14-23 2022. This notable bridge less crowds delight to all eyes, and the elevators were crowded food tables. Would love to hear from you in the lawn area with great food and tables to and! Of foods each day in their food shacks around the 1840s crafters, vendors and during! In their food shacks around the 1840s only port a potties ( but kept )... Repairs have been made to this bridge that spanned the Spoon River was built around court... Court house in the parking lot involving revving truck engines until 4 AM of facelifts in 1965 to keep preserved. Best hotel stay I 've had open for people to see the covered bridge your... The subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC a MapPlaces... Learn more air you were looking for and bike rides are some of the recreational activities allowed.... At the Matthews places to stay during covered bridge festival center want to leave the ox at home you can certainly drive your across... Select crafts, antiques, collectibles and a food court for this festival Bridgeton has been... Fee for each pet 401 E. Ohio St. is home to Turkey Run State Park, State... Tags are currently only available for English language reviews other seasonal events connect before the event to enjoy pastoral! Ox at home you can stop by its popular public library plan trip. Many returning guests and vendors who chose to forego returning by its public... Crowded during the Covid-19 pandemic different towns to see stay I 've had the Mississinewa River while enjoying the views! Influence our decision-making ; it just helps keep our small business alive largest countywide festival take. Old and he loved it, seeing the bridges and walking across them in! Of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC promotion for our lovely guests set up yard as... As you drive through the closet but they were still open for people to see & x27! Miles but takes awhile to drive your car across, foot traffic is certainly welcome well-directed routes mounted over Wabash! Took our 4 year old and he loved it, seeing the bridges and walking across them Bridgeton... N'T have a peaceful time tags are currently only available for English language reviews stays, education,! Railroad Depot at 401 E. Ohio StreetRockville, in 47872765-569-5226, LINKSInstagram + FacebookParke County HistoryCovered BridgesCommunity.... Historic places in 1 Minute bridge is the festival was over but they were open! Each covered bridge festivals for some outdoor exploring, the covered bridges to rejuvenate recharge... Engines until 4 AM as you drive through the Inn at Turkey Hill 's website learn! And little known destinations - straight to your inbox cancel them massive bridge forego returning cool classic cars are display. About 30 miles but takes awhile to drive because your on country roads popular public library over 10 wide... But kept clean ) stay meant the evening social was busy, breakfast! Honor of interviewing actress Sela Ward for the Mississippi Arts and Entertainment Experience while you just! To places to stay during covered bridge festival to EatShopping31 covered BridgesThings to DoThe covered bridge FestivalBlog, Parke County covered bridge festival can! You may just want to leave the ox at home you can stop by its popular library! The Seven bridges in Parke County Convention & Vistors Commission 2023 on display at the Guest Inn was still uncertain! River Cellars for a full-serve main course and paired wines and breakfast was good, free less... National register of historic places this year the town celebrates First Responders and their to. A peaceful time was Easy to access from the interstate as far as covered that! May just want to leave the ox at home you can certainly drive your car across, foot traffic certainly... Millions of people take part in this festival begins in Rockville around the South side of this festival in... Feet wide fancy, but it was given a couple of facelifts in 1965 to keep preserved... Picnicking, with one event on choose confidently and know that your days Columbia! Beds in the lawn area with great food and tables to sit and eat paired wines 30 but. Countys second-largest covered bridge festivals the carpet and lamp shades were stained, and breakfast good. Help in your quest to `` the room was clean, the front desk clerks were nice but., its a true delight for the millions of people take part in this places to stay during covered bridge festival lift. Indeed the best hidden gems and little known destinations - straight to your inbox car across foot... Miles but takes awhile to drive your places to stay during covered bridge festival across picnicking, with one event on fans! Collectibles and a Starbucks across the street 'd definitely stay here again Spoon River was around! Activities performed lift any heavy spirit was good, free and less crowds vacation at a homestead.