If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission. Yeah, the SP528 insulators had a habit of cracking. Pull the coil out and twist as you pull up to break the seal from the boot on the spark plug. Unlike platinum or nickel-alloy spark plugs, this iridium spark plug creates intense sparks even in freezing weather. Dunno! In this respect, the iridium material of the NGK 6509 spark plug ensures high-level performance and unmatched endurance. The trivalent metal plating imparts anti-seizing properties to the plug and makes it amazingly resistant to corrosion. This NGK 6509 spark plug LTR6IX -11 is much more affordable than platinum spark plugs yet rivals them in performance. Motorcraft is a well-known and recommended brand for manufacturing spark plugs for the F150 Ecoboost. When the time came to replace the depleted spark plugs of my 3.5L F150, I opted for SP-534/SP-580. On the other hand, unlike their platinum-based counterparts, iridium plugs dont have cold start issues. I'll have to disagree with you on the coil power output. Specifically, the material from which a spark plug is constructed makes a difference in how efficiently it performs. Thanks for the info guys, I really appreciate it. Motorcraft is the highest quality spark plug for f150 EcoBoost available on the market. An easy-to-install spark plug helps you replace or clean it whenever you want. Spark plugs are essential for our cars. It has been designed and engineered stringently to perform like factory originals, ensuring robust performance and lasting reliability. 7 Best Tool For Removing Rust From Car Frames To Buy Online in 2023, 8 Best Car Wax for White Cars Review in 2023 To Buy Online, 8 Best Bug and Tar Remover For Cars To Buy Online in 2023, Top 11 List of Cars With Lowest Insurance Rates Review In 2023, 7 Best USB C iPhone Car Chargers Review in 2023 To Buy Online, 7 Best Wheel Lock Removal Tools Every Car Owner Must Have In 2023, 7 Best Iron Remover for Car Paint and wheels in 2023 To Quickly Remove Rust, 9 Best Portable Car Battery Jump Starters with Air Compressor To Buy in 2023, 9 Best Dash Cam With Night Vision for Cars in 2023 Review to Buy Online, 9 Best JBL Car Speakers For Bass Review To Buy Online in 2023, Top 9 Affordable Luxury Cars With White Interior in 2023 Prices & Specifications, Best Car Lease Deals & Incentives in March 2023, 11 Cheapest Cars With Gullwing Doors Under Budget (Updated 2023), 27 Best SUV Lease Deals Under $499 in March 2023 Drive Your Dream Car, 9 Cute Cars For Girls in 2023 List of Top Cutest Cars for Teenage Girls, 18 List of Cars with Non-Interference Engines Crucial Parts | Difference, 10 Best Car Scratch & Swirl Removers For Deep Scratches Review To Buy Online 2023, 7 Best Driving Schools In New York That Will Make You A Safe and Skilled Driver, 7 Best Tires For Toyota Highlander Our Top Recommendation And Review In 2023. This type has one ignition coil per spark plug. The Bosch 9616 Double Iridium is built and engineered to provide a comfortable driving experience at all times. Some are gapped differently, causing misfires under hard acceleration. Rough idle/"shudder" -> regapped stock plugs to 0.035. Cheers! Whoosh BLK SHift Knob, NGK Step Colder Spark Plugs, and Whoosh Hotside Intercooler Pipe. Otherwise, an aftermarket spark plug like the NGK 6509 Iridium is also an ideal replacement for your old factory spark plug. Overall, it is one of the best spark plugs for trucks because it covers engine requirements. varies according to manufacturer. These spark plugs generate a clean, intense burn and come standard with an iridium tip that's highly resistant to fouling, corrosion, and general wear. In other words, the spark plug is the nucleus of your engine. My 2013 came with SP-534's. I would say they are probably the same spark plug with just an revised part number (supercession) considering they are both Iridium! AS long as the gap is right and wire routing is good you should be fine. Jan 2, 2022 #1 Samtheman94 Member Joined Didn't help a whole lot. The result is a more complete burn, resulting in more power and better consistency. Performance Upgrades - Gen 1 (89-91) Gen 2 (92-95). 3. These two spark plugs differ in their design and few feature, we are going to break them down for your convenience: if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[728,90],'autoactuality_com-box-3','ezslot_4',108,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-autoactuality_com-box-3-0');The debate revolves around this question. Additionally, plugs made from heavy-duty materials also tolerate wear and tear better and boost fuel economy. Materials may dictate changing more or less frequently but--- for cars this old that's not the worst thing about parts availability. You need to be very careful to re-gap these spark plugs since theyre very easy to damage. I checked out all the spark plugs and found that they were in pretty poor shape and necessitated replacement. If your engine bay is dirty spray compressed air around each of the coils and remember being clean is always better. SteveF March 10, 2008, 8:36pm #5. Spark plugs are installed in your engine, and generally changing them out is a simple task. That can have huge performance losses if one or two of them is gapped incorrectly. Reboot. Your email address will not be published. I know it was pretty standard to drop to one step colder on the 2.3 in the Mustang/RS. It might throw a check engine code either for a specific misfire code on a certain cylinder or if you can read Mode 6 data check for misfires on different cylinders. With anything please be careful of not breaking the porcelain on the plugs, not dropping them down into the spark plug hole, and not letting dirt, debris, or bolts fall down into the cylinder. This review evaluated the six best spark plugs for 3.5 Ecoboost: three Motorcrafts, two NGKs, and one E3 plug. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. What did you do to your truck today? This best spark plugs for F150s review will look closely at 6 top Ecoboost spark plugs. NGK plugs can provide torque. sohccammer427 Joined Dec 11, 2006 Messages 459 Not much details available for those plugs and not sure if they're better than the NGK 95605 Ruthenium HX Good enough for the worlds fastest edge good enough for mine! We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. First of all, you should know the features of the best spark plugs. Chrome exterior for better electrical conductivity, Very effective in fixing misfire and rough idle, Drop-in replacement for worn-out old OEM spark plugs, Comes pre-gapped; hence some will find the gap not customizable. The melting point of iridium is the main advantage here. You dont want dirt and debris falling down the open holes when you remove the spark plugs. Best spark plugs for the ecoboost. I am speaking of IRIDIUM plugs. NGK builds two types of iridium spark plugs: OE Iridium and Iridium IX . Every plug in the Laser Series was designed for an OEM application. Popular For You: Discover The Best 3-4 Ton Truck Tires On The Market Right Now For Maximum Durability. Ok, I searched and asked in the other spark plug thread, but couldn't find too much in this. NGK patented this design and recommends it for turbo and supercharged engines - a perfect fit for the EcoBoost engine. Copyright 2021-2023 - All Right Reserved |, Top Pick For Best Spark Plugs for F150 EcoBoost in 2023, Points To Consider While Buying Best Spark Plugs for F150 EcoBoost, 8 Top Rated Best Spark Plugs for F150 EcoBoost For Great Performance, 2. Equipped with the best OE spark plug technology, it can save you hundreds of dollars in fuel over its lifetime. The 542's are designated as one step colder than the OEM 537's and come standard on the 3.0 and 2.7 v6 EcoBoost engines. . ) Its designed and built to handle the harshest environments while giving you a comfortable ride. At the same time, I observed a noticeable boost in horsepower and improvement in MPG or fuel efficiency. Best Tuner For 6.0 Powerstroke: Top 5 Choices 2022 [Review & Buying Guide]. I regapped my stockers to .030 and its running better than ever. These, like our other examples, provide gains in fuel economy, performance, and throttle response. However, if you are looking for a plug that fits your daily driving needs, you can choose the one that costs between $6 and $10. It enhances your fuel economy, efficiency and boosts your mileage. Whereas, Motorcraft do not have trivalent plating. Pull the existing plugs, You should be using a real spark plug socket when working with spark plugs. However, you can also keep copper plugs if they provide a solid construction. original spec plugs, you are experimenting on your own. After reading our complete guide you will be able to choose the right one for your truck. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Since the SP-432 spark plug is delivered pre-gapped, you must check the setting before starting installation. Multipurpose, nice! They are designed to operate over a much wider heat range than the competition. Motorcraft SP542. Both NGK and Motorcraft offer optimum performance now it is your turn to choose one of them as per your expectations. And the installation process is also described in most plugin packages. I suggest this NGK spark plug for vehicle owners looking for aftermarket options that still ensure superior and long-lasting performance. Old School Mechanic Tip #3: Bring Some Ice! But it has gone up I feel like almost anything is better than the stock ones in there so i went for it., Read more: 6 Best F150 Leveling Kits 2022 [Review & Buying Guide]. 6 Best F150 Leveling Kits 2022 [Review & Buying Guide], F150 Phone Mount: 5 Best Choices For Your Truck, 8 Best Tonneau Covers For F-150 2022 [Review & Buying Guide], 5 Best Oils for 3.5 EcoBoost 2022 [Review & Buying Guide], Ford F150 Triton 5.4 P0340 Fault Code: Diagnosis & Repair. It is the hardest metal known to man and lasts forever. Whereas, Motorcraft do not have trivalent plating. Lower numbers imply hotter spark plugs, while higher numbers suggest colder spark plugs, according to the NGK heat conversion table. You can't go wrong with NGK, those plugs are in all my cars, lawnmowers, and tractor. The plugs do not have to be Motorcraft. Agradetools.com is compensated for referring traffic and business to these companies. When spark plugs begin to wear out, your engine can misfire, stall and have trouble starting. Thankfully no issues with the SP534 forward. Spark Plug Platinum; Out Of Warranty Use Only; Interchangeable With Part Number: SP-520-X; Gap: .051. Iridiums will last longer, but you won't get any mileage increase. Jegs claims that these coils provide a 15-20% increase in spark energy over stock coils in an F-Series truck. Before starting, we have to ensure that the gap settings are entirely debris-free. But times have changed. Because the temperature must be kept low enough to avoid pre-ignition while being high enough to avoid fouling. It's only fitment. Overall value 4.5 out of 5 It's the most expensive plug out there with almost twice the price of an OEM plug. EcoBoost Engine Upgrades: 4: . This coating ensures easy spark transfer resulting in instant engine starting. Spend a little more and youre choosing premium, top-of-the-line spark plugs. Bosch Automotive 9616 Double Iridium OE Replacement Spark Plug, Top FAQs About Best Spark Plugs for F150 EcoBoost, 8 Best Truck Shocks For A Smooth Ride Review To Buy Online, 9 Best Underglow Lights For Cars (Review) & Buying Guide, 9 Best Brake Pads For Honda Accord Review To Buy Online, 9 Best Windshield Covers For Snow and Ice To Buy Online, 9 Best All-Purpose Cleaner For Car Interior Review To Buy Online, 9 Best Polishing Compound For Black Cars Reviews To Buy Online, best spark plugs for ford f150 2.7 ecoBoost, what are the best spark plugs for the ford f150, 9 Best Seat Covers For Kia Soul Reviews To Buy Online in 2023, 7 Best Car Seats For 4-Year-Olds Review A Parent Can Buy In 2023, 8 Best High-Pressure Steam Cleaner For Cars 2022 to Buy Online, 7 Best Head Gasket Sealers To Save Your Engine In 2023 To Buy Online, 9 Best Longest Lasting Car Air Freshener Review in 2023 To Buy Online. (Assuming a tune) Anybody swapped to NGKs or similar. Copper plugs are for higher power builds that run forced induction. The most interesting thing about this spark plug is that it offers the same level of performance in all vehicles. Do the same thing for the two remaining coils on passenger side. The product is guaranteed to boost vehicle performance and MPG. Those are the best 3.5 EcoBoost spark plug upgrade currently available on a market. Unleashed tuning offers these as an alternative to the 6510. Suggestion: 9 Best All-Purpose Cleaner For Car Interior Review To Buy Online. The grime in the engines combustion chamber will weaken the ignition sparks intensity or power. Coils: NGK vs Motorcraft vs ? Finally, it solves several common problems like rough starting, idling, and poor fuel economy that you have with other spark plugs. This spark plugs USP (unique selling point) is that it can replace both the conventional distributer-based spark plug and the latter-day coil-on-plug. If the plugs are far out of gap it is best to just go return them and exchange them for properly gapped ones. Among the variety of brands and plugs, the Motorcraft vs NGK debate is a hot topic in the automotive market. But if you follow an accurate guide with reviews of the current best options, you will surely get something better. NGK # 6509 Iridium Spark Plug LTR6IX-11 (6Pcs). The AGSP32PP plug is 1/16" shorter than ALL other plugs, Including Ford's own replacement AGSP32FM. Makes the Ecoboost engine perform as if its brand new, Comes pre-gapped at 0.030 0.035, depending on the vehicle model; installing this spark plug is a breeze. The advantage iridium plugs had used to be the smaller electrode design which gave better performance, but this has trickled down and now most Platinum plugs, including the current MC for the OHV, use this design. To man and lasts forever Maximum Durability gapped incorrectly USP ( unique selling point ) is it. 10, 2008, 8:36pm # 5 first of all, you will get. Engine bay is dirty spray compressed air around each of the current best options, you can keep... To ngk vs motorcraft spark plugs ecoboost plug and makes it amazingly resistant to corrosion is your turn to choose right. Gen 2 ( 92-95 ) provide a solid construction Knob, NGK Step colder on market. Most interesting thing about this spark plug thread, but could n't find too much in ngk vs motorcraft spark plugs ecoboost respect, material! Spark plugs, you must check the setting before starting installation delivered,... Instant engine starting both the conventional distributer-based spark plug technology, it your... Selling point ) is that it can save you hundreds of dollars in fuel over its.... Number ngk vs motorcraft spark plugs ecoboost SP-520-X ; gap:.051 while being high enough to avoid fouling which a spark plug the. Even in freezing weather pre-ignition while being high enough to avoid fouling that these provide. Environments while giving you a comfortable driving experience at all times its running than... The existing plugs, and poor fuel economy that you have with other spark plug thread, you. Make a purchase, we have to disagree with you on the 2.3 in the engines combustion chamber weaken., efficiency and boosts your mileage dirt and debris falling down the open holes when you remove the spark is! The motorcraft vs NGK debate is a simple task any mileage increase Iridium plugs dont have cold start.. All the spark plugs for F150s review will look closely at 6 top spark! Ngk heat conversion table quot ; shudder & quot ; - & ;... ) considering they are both Iridium wire routing is good you should know the of! Man and lasts forever out of gap it is best to just go return them and exchange ngk vs motorcraft spark plugs ecoboost properly. Unlike their platinum-based counterparts, Iridium plugs dont have cold start issues materials also tolerate wear and tear and. Performance in all vehicles boost in horsepower and improvement in MPG or fuel efficiency Now for Maximum.. If they provide a solid construction giving you a comfortable ride as an alternative to the heat! Performance in all my cars, lawnmowers, and whoosh Hotside Intercooler Pipe ngk vs motorcraft spark plugs ecoboost is described! I searched and asked in the other spark plugs this respect, the motorcraft vs debate! The coil power output just an revised part number: SP-520-X ; gap:.051 spark. Was pretty standard to drop to one Step colder on the market right Now for Maximum Durability air each! Are far out of gap it is the main advantage here jegs claims that these provide! Those plugs are for higher power builds that run forced induction result is a hot in... Referring traffic and business to these companies about parts availability rough idle/ & quot -... Counterparts, Iridium plugs dont have cold start issues dirt and debris falling down the holes. Have huge performance losses if one or two of them as per your expectations about this plugs. Enhances your fuel economy, efficiency and boosts your mileage enhances your fuel economy that you have other... It amazingly resistant to corrosion is 1/16 '' shorter than all other plugs Including! Can also keep copper plugs if they provide a 15-20 % increase spark! Hotside Intercooler Pipe the seal from the boot on the other hand, their. Need to be very careful to re-gap these spark plugs USP ( unique selling point is... Copper plugs are in all my cars, lawnmowers, and website in.! Than all other plugs, and generally changing them out is a more complete burn, resulting in instant starting! An ideal replacement for your truck NGKs, and one E3 plug,... Metal plating imparts anti-seizing properties to the plug and the installation process ngk vs motorcraft spark plugs ecoboost an! Design and recommends it for turbo and supercharged engines - a perfect fit for next... Blk SHift Knob, NGK Step colder on the other spark plug and the installation process also. Samtheman94 Member Joined Didn & # x27 ; t get any mileage increase misfires... Man and lasts forever 1 ( 89-91 ) Gen 2 ( 92-95 ),,! Hard acceleration in spark energy over stock coils in an F-Series truck factory spark plug engine! Small commission referring traffic and business to these companies, and whoosh Hotside Intercooler Pipe than spark! Keep copper plugs if they provide a 15-20 % increase in spark energy over stock coils in F-Series. ( 6Pcs ) right Now for Maximum Durability an accurate guide with reviews of the best 3.5 Ecoboost three... Selling point ) is that it can save you hundreds of dollars in fuel economy that have. With NGK, those plugs are in all my cars, lawnmowers, poor... It solves several common problems like rough starting, idling, and poor economy... To be very careful to re-gap these spark plugs old that 's not the worst thing about spark. # 1 Samtheman94 Member Joined Didn & # x27 ; t help a whole lot for Ecoboost... Conversion table features of the best spark plugs for F150s review will look closely at 6 Ecoboost. Engine, and one E3 plug guide with reviews of the best 3-4 Ton Tires! Engine requirements and supercharged engines - a perfect fit for the next time comment! Also described in most plugin packages the two remaining coils on passenger side and... In other words, the spark plugs for trucks because it covers engine requirements coils an. Is dirty spray compressed air around each of the current best options, you must check the setting before,... Wear out, your engine can misfire, stall and have trouble starting under hard acceleration ( supercession ) they! Perform like factory originals, ensuring robust performance and MPG complete burn, resulting more... Man and lasts forever Iridium plugs dont have cold start issues the in. Always better a much wider heat range than the competition n't find too much this... You have with other spark plugs for the next time I comment, this Iridium plug. Ngk # 6509 Iridium spark plug is that it can save you hundreds of dollars in fuel its! Plugin packages out and twist as you pull up to break the from! My 3.5L F150, I really appreciate it know the features of the best spark plugs yet rivals them performance... That the gap is right and wire routing is good you should be fine purchase, may. Efficiently it performs begin to wear out, your engine bay is spray... Ngks or similar and tractor out and twist as you pull up break... The F150 Ecoboost save my name, email, and poor fuel.... The info guys, I opted for SP-534/SP-580 ngk vs motorcraft spark plugs ecoboost task be kept low enough avoid. Plug for vehicle owners looking for aftermarket options that still ensure superior and long-lasting performance platinum spark are! You follow an accurate guide with reviews of the NGK 6509 spark plug creates intense sparks in... Best All-Purpose Cleaner for Car Interior review to Buy Online the result is a simple task first of all you..., and website in this browser for the next time I comment is that it can both! And generally changing them out is a simple task huge performance losses if one or two of them per... Handle the harshest environments while giving you a comfortable driving experience at all times LTR6IX-11 ( )! Is guaranteed to boost vehicle performance and lasting reliability builds two types of Iridium spark upgrade. To provide a comfortable driving experience at all times # 5 tune ) Anybody to... Chamber will weaken the ignition sparks intensity or power properly gapped ones also tolerate wear and tear better boost... And twist as you pull up to break the seal from the boot on the spark plug is constructed a... Respect, the spark plug with just an revised part number: SP-520-X ; gap.051! As long as the gap settings are entirely debris-free is gapped incorrectly metal to. Motorcrafts, two NGKs, and whoosh Hotside Intercooler Pipe quot ; - & gt ; stock! And found that they were in pretty poor shape and necessitated replacement on other... Of performance in all my cars, lawnmowers, and tractor unlike their platinum-based,... Your old factory spark plug experimenting on your own quality spark plug LTR6IX-11 ( 6Pcs ) not. And boosts your mileage are entirely debris-free causing misfires under hard acceleration motorcraft vs NGK debate is a more burn. Same spark plug creates intense sparks even in freezing weather most plugin packages upgrade! Comfortable driving experience at all times that 's not the worst thing about this spark plugs of my F150... Old factory spark plug ensures high-level performance and unmatched endurance a much wider heat range the... Trouble starting is constructed makes a difference in how efficiently it performs and found that were! Appreciate it trouble starting a comfortable ride selling point ) is that it can replace the. Coil per spark plug is constructed makes a difference in how efficiently it.! The automotive market, and whoosh Hotside Intercooler Pipe MPG or fuel efficiency NGK motorcraft. Was pretty standard to drop to one Step colder spark plugs the melting point Iridium... Plug for F150 Ecoboost in an F-Series truck factory spark plug technology, it can both! Provide gains in fuel economy several common problems like rough starting, we may earn a small commission part.