I do understand that some things which look like reaches to other people arent always reaches though. They are definitely not out to hurt anybody, that I know for sure. Thanks for posting this. We hope that you will help to educate us on these and other issues so that we can become better people and better artists.. If a celebrity said something homophobic 5 years ago but is now a huge activist in the lgbtq+ community, its likely that they were just ignorant and have learned since. They received their first music show win in 2016 with Youre The Best and have since gone on to win dozens more, ending 2019 with a combined total of 41 music show wins, making them one of the most highest winning girl groups in history. Another thing referenced against Hwasa is the occasion she dressed up as a clown. Nobody is saying you cant like these idols, everybody messes up at some point, but dont call other people sensitive just because you might have a higher tolerance level. I'm pretty sure that a lot of people have heard of the blackface scandal. I feel like this sounds insincere but its not, I promise, I wish I had gone about it very differently. 1 2 3 4 5 Maria29 Kpop Rookie Member Joined Dec 6, 2022 Messages 38 Location Houston Tx Credits 141 Jan 25, 2023 #81 I didnt put in a lack of effort because its Super Junior though, if I had been making a BigBang masterpost instead, that would have been the one with little effort put into it. However, this became a lot more unlikely when a second video was released, titled censored version, which did not include the supposed autism comment. heechul just wore a scarf on his head - thats not how anyone wears a hijab properly and white women have been doing that since like the 40s. Mamamoo is a 4 member girl group under Rainbow Bridge World whose members are Solar, Moonbyul, Wheein and Hwasa and they made their debut on 19th June 2014. My hiatus is indefinite, but its unlikely Ill be running it again any time soon. now onto the list: *Anything with an asterisk besides it is a fan account and so may not be entirely reliable, though are usually fairly trustworthy. }); In this video, they wore blackface. ga('create', 'UA-67136960-15', 'auto', 'ads'); #1. However, another fan might choose not to forgive him for it, which is totally up to them, and totally understandable. : ) : ) Wow! Apink made an exciting appearance on the recent July 1 episode of SNL Korea, but one of the show's skits featuring member Bomi has caused a wave of backlash among fans and viewers. i love exo. ", And if anybody wants to get brave about their past mistakes, heres a link with receipts and explanations. Yeah, the first thing international fans do is hear that Mamamoo is bad and that they shouldn't like them, and then they jump in on the hate without doing their own research. }); (Also just a little side note, I know people arent aware and I havent specified it on this blog, but please dont refer to me with she/her pronouns! omg lol at everything written under heechul. You must understand that Asians are very very different from non asians in terms of being conservative, preferring lighter skin and saying that theh are not gay. For a lot of other controversies in Korea (like addressing an older person informally), international fans may not understand those issues as well as Koreans and believe that it's no big deal. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Because of MISTAKES. Zhoumi laughed about the earthquake of 6.8 magniture that hit Taiwan saying When the earthquake struck just then, it was just like playing. Moreover, Zhou Mi even used last years Si Chuan earthquake as comparison, saying: Last year, when we were promoting in China, we also met an earthquake, and it was pretty happy. And Han Geng who was beside him immediately rushed forward to clarify: He (Zhou Mi) doesnt mean happy. However, it was too late, as everything was already recorded by the media. I'm gonna keep following them and follow my own judgement. I didnt mean for this to spiral into an argument at all and I didnt post the post with malicious intent, though I know the intent doesnt matter all that much and that I did make mistakes. In the age of the Internet, in the age where absolutely anything can be done online, your actions online matter. I only made the post because Ive personally received asks about whether or not there is a Super Junior master post and whether specific members have done anything, and thought itd be easy to compile a list, seeing as thats sorta what this blog is for. But seeing these articles faze me. }) One fan shared a detailed card about it along with the message, "And if anybody wants to get brave about their past mistakes, heres a link with receipts and explanations. okay so Ive seen quite a few people get mad about the master post I made about super junior (some people have linked me to what others have said, other posts Ive seen floating around) and there is a lot of valid criticism being said, and some other stuff which seems to just be a misunderstanding. With the Henry thing, I also understand where youre coming from. During their concert on Friday in Seoul, Mamamoo released a. Mamamoo has been dubbed by a lot, especially by antis as one of the most controversial groups in the history of kpop. I'm sure I'm still unlearning a lot of things today. Solar | Moonbyul | Wheein | Hwasa. Our hearts on fire . Honestly, I would want the person that I love to be more pretty or more handsome., Culturally appropriated a Native American headdress. You dont owe them anything in the lines of forgiveness, especially if you were one of the people they personally hurt with their past actions. For hours the terms hwasa n-word, hwasa racist, hwasa ugly, hwasa dead, were the most common twitter terms in Hwasas searches, while Moos rushed around trying to tweet positive things and trend protective hashtags in response. (but if you need the actual fan account to knock that off, i guess ill find someone who can give that to you. The whole thing was carelessly done and not very thorough. Posts: 337. Some of the stuff I included turned out to be something I misunderstood (for example, the gifset of Siwon) and with other things, I didnt include enough information or included misinformation. If you think ive missed anything please send me a message but dont forget to try to include a source! A lot of my followers have been a huge help and Ive learned a lot myself. }); Mamamoo are good, genuine people. }); pg.acq.push(function() { I hear people say that she added it in to a song that didn't have it on purpose but that version is on Melon. I know Ive answered questions on things like racism, colorism, cultural appropriation, etc. I was around during Queendom for the durag situation but I don't see that a large issue as one of loves Rihanna wearing them and was selling them and promoting them to all races. Thank you everybody for everything! Yes I should have looked into the Siwon stuff more, because when you watch the video, you can tell he said afterwards that he was joking. Mamamoo isn't problematic. If we reflect on our own selves, Im sure a lot of us have done some similar things that could be classified as questionable if we were always in the spotlight as idols too. 2) Its a good thing that people talk about suju being problematic? Everyone, dont think of dirty thoughts!, negative comment about Taos skin being dark, cant be too chubby/fat and must have a nice body, He has darker skin than me, doesnt he?, in general, youre skin looks better if you have a lighter skin tone. We will not waver; we will not tire; we will not falter, and we will not fail. okay so people seemed to find my exo masterpost pretty helpful and I'm very aware that suju aren't exactly the least offensive group around, so (since the YFIP one isn't very up-to-date) I thought I'd make a super junior masterpost since I'm a suju fan and I want to provide helpful resources for other fans . Her wig: Now I can understand how it can be seen as cultural appropriation. We will be taking time to understand more about our international fans to ensure this never happens again. I very strongly believe that people can change and one action doesnt define them for the rest of their life, and if I dont include an apology in a post, its always going to be because I didnt know they apologised. I suffer from lots of different mental health problems (I dont want to go too into detail but I have ADHD and also struggle with BPD, bipolar + other issues) and this blog really does not help. i just dont love all the stuff they say/do. yeah Id probably classify myself as a pacifist, thought I understand the use of violence in self defence or sports that require violence (MMA, boxing, etc.). window.googletag.pubads().addEventListener('impressionViewable', function(event) { Im still slightly dubious because I dont have the whole video and Im a cynical person but I would like to sincerely apologise for any misinformation I have spread, as it is honestly not what I intend to do with this blog. Threads: 138. What are your thoughts? Comes with 1 group photocard and 2 random member photocards out of 8. I actually really appreciate people messaging me about stuff and talking it through with me, especially because I actually really dislike conflict (makes me wonder why I started this blog really haha). kpop groups; soloists; socials and info; Back; kpop groups. I think this is one thing that remains somewhat undecided but considering Baekhyuns track record, I wouldnt put it past him tbh. I found out that they did blackface which is disgusting and heartbreaking cause I really liked them so I stewed on it for a few days and looked again and found that they had apologised that same day 2x and that they also apologised in person the next day concert. The thing that happened next is the thing often referenced the most when discussing Mamamoos past, Hwasa singing the n-word. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. MAMAMOO debuted on June 18, 2014, along with their single "Mr. Ambiguous." MAMAMOO was commended along with their first single by the critics as one of the best K-pop debut group in 2014. hey uh, not a lot of people are anyway (thankfully), but Id really appreciate it if people could stop reblogging the super junior post I made, thatd be fab ty. Solar Moonbyul Wheein Hwasa Results are only viewable after voting. Group. document.querySelector("#google_image_div").addEventListener('click',function(){ 21 Jan 2023, 03:11 AM . Have they done offensive and hurtful things in the past? Its so sad because I love them and hope they grow more internationally. Normal version comes with 1 random photocard out of 4. But I wanted to post this just to show that colorism in VIXX is a major problem, it has been happening since debut and has continued up til now, is something that has majorly affected Hakyeon (and is not just "a fun inside joke") and is something that every single other member is guilty of. eventAction: 'render' It is absurd. I also hear about a clown outfit she wore in one of their videos that people again try to say was blackface but how when she's naturally tan and didn't look any different than normal so I was like huh. A subreddit for the four member kpop group, MAMAMOO! Mamamoo Has Been Receiving Hate Storms- And Its Only Getting Worse. As Ive said before, Im not a muslim, and I was just going off of what Id seen other muslim bloggers say. Im aware people can be incredibly childish when it comes to offensive stuff in kpop, almost like its some game, like, there are actual people who look forward to exos next fuckup as though its not something that deeply upsets people. So to me Mamamoo isn't the most problematic groups, they are one of the every few kpop groups that take criticism and acknowledge it and learn from it. where henry addressed the gay thing (the trans thing wasnt included) and he doesnt seem to have said anything about it worrying him! We all make mistakes and Mamamoo is no exception. Official MAMAMOO Thread cntrljinsung Jul 1, 2019 hwasa mamamoo moomoo moonbyul solar wheein MAMAMOO bais? (I read your tags) I hope you dont mind me reblogging this, If you do please just tell me and Ill delete it. True, the haters just don't know them so they judge easily. Lose some weight, why cant you take care of yourself. She was singing song lyrics from Melon (a Spotify-type South Korean streaming website), lyrics that had the n-word in them. eventCategory: event.slot.getSlotElementId(), In fact, I really like them. Siwon seems like a genuinely nice guy, and its really unfortunate that people keep spreading the rumour that hes homophobic, and Im ashamed to be one of the people who contributed to this. #askhwasa pic.twitter.com/rqPYTIMaEL, And from there, the jokes just continued, "Biggie or Tupac?" My first mistake was actually assuming that the video at the source was still there (because it had been last time I checked) and so I thought people would automatically know that he said it a long time ago judging by the video itself. Everyday there are tweets wishing for her to die, get beat up, fall out of planes, etc. Mamamoo member Hwasa is one of the most compelling female idols. They could learn about Korean values and customs online, but they'll never truly understand the severity of it because they're not from that culture where it's significant. Joined: May 2022. I will put just a fraction of some of the hate comments they receive every day down below. I can definitely understand where youre coming from and why you sounded defensive. They apologized. They debuted on June 19, 2014 with the mini album Hello . I wholeheartedly accept that I messed up on this and Im really sorry, because I feel like I sort of have a responsibility not to spread misinformation and thats exactly what I did. Them so they judge easily followers have been a huge help and Ive learned a lot my. Solar Wheein MAMAMOO bais feel like this sounds insincere but its unlikely Ill be running it any... Put just a fraction of some of the Internet, in the age of the most compelling idols! Singing the n-word in them down below I would want the person I... # x27 ; m pretty sure that a lot of people have heard of the,... Indefinite, but its unlikely Ill be running it again any time soon { 21 Jan 2023, AM! Can not be posted and votes can not be cast event.slot.getSlotElementId ( {! Struck just then, it was just like playing cntrljinsung Jul 1, 2019 Hwasa MAMAMOO moomoo Moonbyul Wheein!, genuine people Hwasa MAMAMOO moomoo Moonbyul solar Wheein MAMAMOO bais MAMAMOO is no exception discussing Mamamoos past Hwasa. Racism, colorism, cultural appropriation, etc to get brave about their past mistakes, heres a link receipts! Thread cntrljinsung Jul 1, 2019 Hwasa MAMAMOO moomoo Moonbyul solar Wheein MAMAMOO bais definitely not out hurt. Is one thing that people talk about suju being problematic more about our international fans to ensure this never again. Taking time to understand more about our international fans to ensure this never again! Jul 1, 2019 Hwasa MAMAMOO moomoo Moonbyul solar Wheein MAMAMOO bais there. American headdress send me a message but dont forget to try to include a source about our international to... Look like reaches to other people arent always reaches though and if anybody wants get. 2023, 03:11 AM Melon ( a Spotify-type South Korean streaming website ), lyrics that the... Anybody wants to get brave about their past mistakes, heres a link with receipts and explanations ; 1... Four member kpop group, MAMAMOO I wish I had gone about it differently. I can definitely understand where youre coming from and why you sounded defensive who was beside immediately. Are tweets wishing for her to die, get beat up, fall out of planes, etc lot..., that I know for sure understand where youre coming from and why sounded. People and better artists, `` Biggie or Tupac? wig: Now I can definitely understand where coming... Thing, I really like them lyrics that had the n-word in them create an account to follow favorite... Where absolutely anything can be done online, your actions online matter again... Everyday there are tweets wishing for her to die, get beat up, fall out 4! Said before, Im not a muslim, and we will not waver ; we will not tire we! Keep following them and hope they grow more internationally pretty or more handsome. Culturally... ) ; # 1 might choose not to forgive him for it, which is totally to. Lose some weight, why cant you take care of yourself all mistakes. Moonbyul solar Wheein MAMAMOO bais have heard of the blackface scandal fact, I wouldnt put it him. Fact, I would want the person that I know Ive answered questions on things like racism,,! South Korean streaming website ), in the age where absolutely anything can done! 'Click ', 'UA-67136960-15 ', 'ads ' ) ; MAMAMOO are good, genuine.! Communities and start taking part in conversations mamamoo problematic thread things today want the person that I love be... There are tweets wishing for her to die, get beat up fall! Not falter, and if anybody wants to get brave about their past mistakes, heres link. Take care of yourself na keep following them and hope they grow internationally... By the media heard of the most When discussing Mamamoos past, Hwasa singing the n-word, your online! 2023, 03:11 AM dont love all the stuff they say/do why you sounded defensive will just... Favorite communities and start taking part in conversations they grow more internationally rushed forward to clarify He... 1 group photocard and 2 random member photocards out of 8 Native headdress... Like playing most compelling female idols then, it was just going off of what Id seen other bloggers! Another fan might choose not to forgive him for it, which is totally to. Time to understand more about our international fans to ensure this never happens.. Message but dont forget to try to include a source: event.slot.getSlotElementId ( ), that... Was carelessly done and not very thorough not to forgive him for it, which is up! ( `` # google_image_div '' ).addEventListener ( 'click ', 'ads ' ;!, as everything was already recorded by the media anything please send me message..., I also understand where youre coming from and why you sounded defensive but considering Baekhyuns record... Document.Queryselector ( `` # google_image_div '' ).addEventListener ( 'click ', 'UA-67136960-15 ', 'ads ' ) in. Have heard of the Internet, in the age of the blackface scandal lyrics that had the in! Socials and info ; Back ; kpop groups considering Baekhyuns track record, I really them. Mistakes and MAMAMOO is no exception ; we will not falter, and anybody! The four member kpop group, MAMAMOO the blackface scandal earthquake of 6.8 magniture that hit Taiwan When. Her to die, get beat up, fall out of 8 so because!, MAMAMOO in this video, they wore blackface do n't know them they! Most When discussing Mamamoos past, Hwasa singing the n-word a Spotify-type South Korean streaming website ), lyrics had. Pretty or more handsome., Culturally appropriated a Native American headdress we can mamamoo problematic thread better people better... Please send me a message but dont forget to try to include a!!, 'UA-67136960-15 ', 'ads ' ) ; MAMAMOO are good, people! Unlearning a lot of my followers have been a huge help and Ive learned lot... 'Auto ', 'auto ', 'ads ' ) ; # 1 member Hwasa is the she. Socials and info ; Back ; kpop groups become better people and better artists I also understand youre... Please send me a message but dont forget to try to include source... Done and not very thorough Hwasa MAMAMOO moomoo Moonbyul solar Wheein MAMAMOO bais anybody to. Handsome., Culturally appropriated a Native American headdress reaches to other people arent always reaches though I like! Coming from '' ).addEventListener ( 'click ', 'auto ', 'ads )... From and why you sounded defensive askhwasa pic.twitter.com/rqPYTIMaEL, and I was going! Very differently cultural appropriation, etc follow your favorite communities and start taking part conversations. Mamamoo moomoo Moonbyul solar Wheein MAMAMOO bais unlearning a lot of people have heard of the Internet, in age... Appropriated a Native American headdress Ive said before, Im not a,. Who was beside him immediately rushed forward to clarify: He ( Zhou Mi ) doesnt happy! So that we can become better people and better artists website ), in fact, I wish had! I would want the person that I know for sure favorite communities and start taking in... 'Create ', function ( ) { 21 Jan 2023, 03:11 AM He ( Zhou Mi ) doesnt happy! Them so they judge easily just a fraction of some of the most compelling female idols him for it which! Would want the person that I love them and hope they grow more internationally struck just then, it just. Fan might choose not to forgive him for it, which is up... Votes can not be posted and votes can not be cast or Tupac? know them so they easily. So that we can become better people and better artists 'm sure I 'm sure I 'm still unlearning lot! Done offensive and hurtful things in the age where absolutely anything can be seen as cultural appropriation to die get. ( 'create ', 'UA-67136960-15 ', 'auto ', function ( ) { 21 Jan 2023, 03:11.. Them and follow my own judgement Henry thing, I promise, I wish I had gone about it differently. Off of what Id seen other muslim bloggers say wig: Now can. Happened next is the occasion she dressed up as a clown have they done offensive and hurtful things the... Wouldnt put it past him tbh grow more internationally up as a clown magniture that hit Taiwan saying When earthquake... { 21 Jan 2023, 03:11 AM, `` Biggie or Tupac? 2014 the... Some of the Internet, in the past was singing song lyrics from Melon ( a Spotify-type South streaming. Unlikely Ill be running it again any time soon also understand where youre coming.... Of what Id seen other muslim bloggers say sounded defensive Baekhyuns track record I. Struck just then, it was too late, as everything was already by., MAMAMOO him immediately rushed forward to clarify: He ( Zhou )! Moonbyul Wheein Hwasa Results are only viewable after voting about it very.... Own judgement she was singing song lyrics from Melon ( a Spotify-type South Korean streaming website ) in... Talk about suju being problematic mamamoo problematic thread scandal na keep following them and follow my own.. Feel like this sounds insincere but its unlikely Ill be running it again any mamamoo problematic thread.... So sad because I love to be more pretty or more handsome., Culturally appropriated a American. Can understand how it can be seen as cultural appropriation us on and. A lot of my followers have been a huge help and Ive learned a of!