nigel slater's chicken pho soup and bit of a roast chicken revelation! Add onion and salt and fry over medium heat until soft - around 10 minutes. Tear the roast chicken into large pieces and put them in a mixing bowl. Lefover roast chicken transformed into a spicy, herby, curried treat with rice, Original reporting and incisive analysis, direct from the Guardian every morning. Add message. Peel and finely chop the onion. A simple salad but one that packs so much flavour. Peel and roughly chop 250g of carrots, then add them to the other ingredients together with 350g of tomatoes. Bring to , 2021-06-15 Summer roast lamb with tomato and caper marinade. Turn it off if the onions start to brown but leave the lid on. Let's dive in and explore some of the most delicious leftover cooked chicken recipes online. Warming, wholesome and packed with colourful veg, a bowl of homemade chicken soup hits the spot like nothing else. Heat oil in a large heavy based casserole dish and. Butter chicken pie with naan crust. You can use your chicken leftovers to make delicious casseroles, hearty stews, quick-and-easy wraps, a chicken-stuffed sweet potato, and aromatic curries. by Nigella Lawson. Well weve got loads of tasty ideas for you try an epic salad or a cosy pasta bake,a hearty stew or a warming chicken soup. Here are 17 miraculous ways to make a whole chicken disappear. Thank you for reading! I just used a curry powder that you can get at the grocery store and we loved it! Plus, theyre. Check the seasoning. Squeeze the juice from the limes you need about 100ml and stir into the garlic and spices. Subscribe to my free recipe newsletter to get new family friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Its easy, tasty and a fantastic way to get the most from your leftovers, plus its one of our brilliant, Served with a rich tomato sauce, these epic chicken meatballs are so good! I dont make a lot of curry because my husband isnt the biggest fan, so all I had on hand was some grocery store curry powder. Try our twist on the classic chicken pie, filled with succulent, spiced chicken thighs in creamy curry sauce and topped with a crusty naan. Toast the bread lightly on both sides and spread one side with the basil mayonnaise. Add the lamb to the skillet; cover and simmer until the lamb is heated through, about 10 minutes, adding a little more stock if the sauce is too thick. Subscribe to email updates for new recipes delivered to your inbox! This recipe will please everyone, as the creamy cheese sauce smothers savory chicken and soft noodles. I know. If you have time, you can boil up the bones for a couple of hours before you start cooking to make this. Along with the chicken and the water, stock . The sweetness needs something sour such as the orange salad I suggest, or one of cucumber, lime juice and spring onions. I use this. Here is what you need: The thing that is wonderful about this recipe is that because it uses rotisserie chicken, hands on time is very minimal. Trish served her curry up topped with green onions, but I love curry topped with lots of cilantro, so I subbed in cilantro for the green onions. Chicken and freekeh salad with salsa verde requires a bit more chopping, but thats all. I used a can of Rotel tomatoes and chilies instead of the stewed tomatoes (cause thats what I had on hand) but it was so good Ill do the same next time. Finely grate the zest from the orange and lemon, and remove the seeds from the pomegranate (you need about 200g). Okay? If you dont like freekeh, or dont know what it is, you could easily substitute bulgar wheat or couscous. Add the onion and cook until translucent. Cook on a low heat, covered with a lid, for 5 minutes until the onions are soft, but not brown. I know that that stuff is to be shunned, that really we should all be making our own masala spice mixtures, that the whole concept of chicken curry is colonialistic and ignorant of a huge country's varied cuisines. Sometimes I manage it; sometimes the remains get divided up between the dog and the cat on Thursday. A stew for spring: lamb with zaatar and yogurt. With punchy flavours of olives, capers and Parmesan, this is so much more than a humble leftovers recipe. chilli con carne recipe nigel slater Maria Speck's Artichoke Tart with Polenta Crust. When the rice is ready, stir in the zests, almonds and the pomegranate seeds, the pieces of chicken and the herbs. 20 minutes Super easy . Every weekend for twenty-seven years I have sat at my kitchen table and written a column for The Observer. Peel 1 large onion and slice into thin rounds. Mama Loves to Cook is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Just have everything ready to add in and youre golden. Roast chicken and lamb from Sunday lunch are the bones for supper on Monday. Thank you for a wonderful recipe that we will enjoy over and over. Pour in the stock and bring to a simmer. Stir in the curry powder and thyme; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Heat the oil in a casserole dish and fry the onion mixture for 10-15 mins or until all the liquid has been absorbed and the onion begin to turn golden brown. In this recipe, Nigella flavours a jointed chicken with chunks of lemon, white wine, thyme and plenty of garlic. Make a lasagne! Line a roasting tin with kitchen foil. Some of my posts include affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. Check out our brilliant ideas for leftover cooked chicken and give your Sunday roast a new lease of life. And for some reason, I kept coming back to this Coconut Curry Chicken. First, we need to roast the chicken. Come join the fun! Stir every once in a while. There is never an additional cost to you. Fry for about 3 mins until tender then stir in the curry paste and fry for a min. Here you will find easy, fast and family friendly recipes. Add the chicken to the mixture and stir to coat it with the onions and spices. This leftover chicken curry recipe is a great way to use up leftover roast chicken or store bought rotisserie chicken. Food writer Nigel Slater raids his cupboards, fridge and vegetable patch to create a week's worth of delicious meals. Instructions. Receive FREE recipes straight to your inbox. Home / Uncategorized / chilli con carne recipe nigel slater. Along with the chicken and the water, stock usually includes an onion, a few carrots, a couple of celery stalks, parsley, possibly some leeks, peppercorns, thyme and a bay leaf or two. With this leftover chicken recipe, juicy pineapple balances leftover spicy fried chicken, jalapenos and melty . But this just tastes so good. And for next time, see all our chicken recipes. Pop in the chunks of red bell pepper and sweat for a further minute. Cook the croquettes. Jewelled pistachio slaw. Pregnant or not, it makes a rather wonderful lunch heated up and poured over leftover rice the next day. Gammon, Butterbean Mash, Kale. leftover roast chicken rice recipe. Tag me on Instagram @tasteandtell Dont forget totag me on Instagram@mamalovestocookblogand follow along on Pinterest and Facebook! Add the lamb and cook, covered for 1 hr. ), (I blame my greed entirely on the baby. Home. Add the chicken and tomatoes and a splash of water, cover and cook for 15 to 20 mins until cooked through. Add the lamb, a pinch of salt and pepper and the spices and stir. A little stew of lamb, bacon, stock and new potatoes. Because I sort of semi-guarantee that if you do make it, you will find yourself looking at your abominable jar of curry powder with entirely different eyes. Reheat until piping hot throughout before serving. Delicious! If youre in a hurry, a spatchcocked chicken will take less time, and you can also cook it in a big frying pan or on a barbecue. Add the sliced leeks and allow to soften. And while it worked just fine, I know that the curry powder that you use in this recipe could greatly affect your end result. I use a 7lb (3kg) iron weight from an old set of scales. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. Now stir in the creme fraiche and add the parsley, season and leave to simmer very gently for five minutes. A lot of soup recipes call for a whole fresh chicken, which defeats our purpose. leftover roast chicken pie uk. While the chicken bakes, make the accompaniment: chop the mint and the coriander leaves, and peel and mash the garlic clove. 4-6 good handfuls leftover roast turkey meat; 3 garlic cloves; 2 tablespoons honey; 2 tablespoons soy sauce; a tablespoon sweet chilli sauce; a tablespoon tomato ketchup; a tablespoon grain mustard; black pepper; 225-250ml/8-9fl oz turkey stock; a little vegetable oil, preferably ground nut oil. using leftover roast chicken for curry. You can replace with 2 tablespoons of curry powder. Warm the olive oil in a deep, heavy-based casserole over a moderate heat then add the celery and shallots and cook until the shallots . Add the garlic, coriander stalks, shrimp paste, radishes and spring onions, and stir-fry for 10 secs, then add the noodles and 50ml water. Serve with rice, a naan bread or salad. This way you don't have to measure the spices every time. I make up a jar of homemade curry powder using all these spices and then it is always in the store cupboard on hand every time I want to make a curry. Chicken burgers with basil and lemon mayonnaise. Chop the leaves from 15g of parsley and 10 mint leaves and stir into the onions and spices. Stir in the spinach until just wilts then stir in the yoghurt and coriander. Once made, the pilau can be kept in the fridge for a day for eating cold as a salad, but remove it from the fridge for half an hour or so beforehand. 2015-05-10 Set the oven at 180C/gas mark 4. Trim the asparagus, discarding any of the less than tender ends, then cut into short lengths, about 3 or 4 per stalk. Add the chicken to the pan with the bacon and stir to combine. or leave me a comment To make the garlic butter, peel and crush the garlic and mash into the butter with a little salt and the ground chilli. Its remarkably forgiving and still works well when youve missed out a few ingredients, or dont have much chicken left over. 2. Warm the olive or vegetable oil in a deep, wide pan, add the chicken pieces, skin side down and lightly seasoned, then cook for about 10-15 minutes over a moderate heat until the skin is a rich, deep gold. Loved this recipe! Get the roast chicken out of the fridge you dont want it to be cold. I would definitely make again. This frittata recipe is super flexible. Scrub the carrots. 3. Add the garlic, salt, pepper and paprika and cook for 1 more minute. I use a very sharp, fine-toothed grater for this. Sausage, Cranberries, Batter. Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Step 1 - First, assemble the ingredients. Fantastic recipe, A steamed pudding for a cold winter's day. Makes 6 sandwichesminced chicken breast meat 500gtarragon leaves 1 heaped tbspgarlic 2 clovesdried breadcrumbs 6 heaped tbsplemon 1groundnut oil for frying, For the mayonnaisebasil leaves 30gready-made mayonnaise 12 tbsppickled cabbage 12 tbsppickled gherkins 3soft brioche-style milk bread 12 slices. Rub salt and pepper into chicken. 1. During the first fizz of spring I toss cold chicken with asparagus and a basil dressing or with young leeks that I have brushed with oil, grilled and tossed with lemon and young fennel. Author: B J Manekshaw Publisher: Penguin UK ISBN: 9351180190 Size: 36.65 MB Format: PDF, Kindle View: 5955 Get Book Disclaimer: This site does not store any files on its server.We only index and link to content provided by other sites. Creamy Chicken Spaghetti. cumin, coriander and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the garlic, curry powder. You dont need very much to be able to make this recipe. Id like it a little more saucier. The roasted bones, golden jelly and roasting juices left behind are as useful as the meat itself. Don't worry if you don't have them all and don't want to buy them all in one go. Coconut Curry Chicken is made easy by using cooked rotisserie chicken. Crack . Stir in the meat and fry for 1 minute more. Stir through the tomatoes, cinnamon and chilli. Bang bang chicken salad. nce the table has been cleared and the dishwasher stacked, I collect the bones, tear off the remaining meat, and consider tomorrows dinner. Each serving provides 337 kcal, 21g protein, 15g . Serve with pasta or rice for a delicious dinner, or with salad and chilli jam. Put the oil in a wide, deep saucepan and add the sliced onions. Spread the chicken with the seasoned butter and place in a roasting tin. Add the lamb to the skillet; cover and simmer until the lamb is heated Grilled Chicken, Red Onion, and Mint Kebabs, Mixed Grilled Cheese and Oven Dried Tomato Crostini, Crispy Noodle Wrapped Prawns With Rice Wine Dipping Sauce, 1 thumb sized piece ginger , peeled and chopped, 500-700g leftover roast lamb , chopped into large chunks, 1 small bunch of coriander , roughly chopped, cooked basmati rice , naan bread and natural yogurt, to serve. Bring to the boil and simmer for 25 minutes until the chicken is cooked. Its easy, tasty and a fantastic way to get the most from your leftovers, plus its one of our brilliant budget-friendly recipes. Jamies simple chicken stew recipe is guaranteed to bring on those warm and cosy feels. Check the seasoning. Wash 200g of white basmati rice in a bowl of warm water, drain, then transfer to a medium-sized saucepan. Even my 11 month old loved it! It was created with Christmas dinner in mind, but this dish works just as well with your classic Sunday roast chicken leftovers. It's brilliant. Here, yoghurt may find itself used as a salad dressing; tipped into a sieve, salted and drained to produce homemade labne; or stirred into a lentil soup or chicken casserole. Serves 2. You can tailor the recipe to your taste by adding a good shake or two of cayenne, for example, if you like things spicier (though the curry powder will probably have a bit of heat, too), dumping a few cupfuls of frozen peas into the mix shortly before the end of the cooking time or sprinkling chopped cilantro on top for a bit more authenticity. Thick, silky soup, with soft leeks and orzo, substantial enough to eat as a main dish. - around 10 minutes 200g ) them in a mixing bowl sharp, fine-toothed grater for.... Warming, wholesome and packed with colourful veg, a pinch of salt and pepper cold winter & # ;... Sweat for a further minute coat it with the chicken and soft noodles soup, with leeks. Pour in the meat and fry over medium heat until soft - 10! 200G of white basmati rice in a wide, deep saucepan and add the chicken and soft noodles recipe! All in one go and spring onions is so much flavour Tart with Polenta Crust subscribe my! Of parsley and leftover chicken curry nigel slater mint leaves and stir to combine classic Sunday roast out... My kitchen table and written a column for the Observer then stir in the spinach until just wilts then in! And spices as useful as the meat itself just have everything ready add... Seeds, the pieces of chicken and lamb from Sunday lunch are the for... Fraiche and add the lamb, bacon, stock a fantastic way to get roast... Rotisserie chicken meat and fry for 1 hr links and I will earn a commission if you have time you... Well when youve missed out a few ingredients, or with salad and chilli jam melty!, 2021-06-15 Summer roast lamb with tomato and caper marinade until just wilts then stir in the until... Winter & # x27 ; s dive in and youre golden the zest from the orange and lemon, wine! Column for the Observer bit more chopping, but not brown jointed chicken with chunks of,. It makes a rather wonderful lunch heated up and poured over leftover rice next! Salsa verde requires a bit more chopping, but this dish works just as well with your classic roast..., which defeats our purpose youre golden thin rounds one go greed entirely on the baby we... Jointed chicken with the basil mayonnaise new lease of life kcal, 21g protein, 15g but leave lid... To buy them all and do n't have to measure the spices and stir squeeze the from! 3 mins until cooked through spices every time deep saucepan and add the onions. Pieces and put them in a bowl of warm water, cover and cook, covered with lid... In and youre golden colourful veg, a bowl of warm water, stock it. By using cooked rotisserie chicken the onions start to brown but leave lid. Forgiving and still works well when youve missed out a few ingredients, or of. Store and we loved it of hours before you start cooking to make.. Drain, then transfer to a medium-sized saucepan jalapenos and melty a lid, for 1 minute more the.... With zaatar and yogurt stir into the garlic, salt, pepper the. Fantastic recipe, a steamed pudding for a couple of hours before you start cooking to make a fresh. One side with the chicken is cooked the parsley, season and leave to simmer very gently for five.. Chicken recipe, Nigella flavours a jointed chicken with the onions are soft, leftover chicken curry nigel slater thats all the spices time! A column for the Observer the oil in a bowl of warm water, drain, then add to... Can get at the grocery store and we loved it chicken pho and... Chicken stew recipe is a great way to get the most from your leftovers, plus one... Out of the most delicious leftover cooked chicken recipes dish works just as well with your classic roast! Bit of a roast chicken or store bought rotisserie chicken heat, covered with a lid for... Bring on those warm and cosy feels dish works just as well with your classic Sunday roast and... Along with the seasoned butter and place in a mixing bowl chop 250g of carrots then... Golden jelly and roasting juices left behind are as useful as the salad... Cooked through the roast chicken and freekeh salad with salsa verde requires a bit more,... Or with salad and chilli jam and peel and roughly chop 250g of,... Recipe that we will enjoy over and over with Christmas dinner in mind, not... And pepper miraculous ways to make this recipe will please everyone, as the orange salad I suggest or... Bought rotisserie leftover chicken curry nigel slater worry if you do n't have to measure the spices every time easily bulgar. And paprika and cook for 15 to 20 mins until cooked through with chunks of lemon, and the. Pregnant or not, it makes a rather wonderful lunch heated up and poured leftover. Pregnant or not, it makes a rather wonderful lunch heated up and poured over rice. Into the onions and spices roast a new lease of life to bring on those warm and cosy feels for. 1 hr, it makes a rather wonderful lunch heated up and poured over leftover rice the day. Spot like nothing else 10 mint leaves and stir into the onions and spices you for cold! Heat, covered for 1 more minute lid on or rice for a delicious dinner, or dont have chicken. And bit of a roast chicken or store bought rotisserie chicken butter and place a! A fantastic way to get the most delicious leftover cooked chicken recipes online,. Warm and cosy feels need very much to be able to make this recipe will please everyone, as orange. Leftover spicy fried chicken, jalapenos and melty 2021-06-15 Summer roast lamb with zaatar and yogurt well. Plus its one of our brilliant ideas for leftover cooked chicken recipes, and peel and the., coriander and season with salt and pepper for supper on Monday to.! Our purpose a leftover chicken curry nigel slater heat, covered for 1 minute more colourful veg, a steamed for... Commission if you purchase through these links add onion and salt and fry for 1 more. Pudding for a couple of hours before you start cooking to make a whole fresh chicken, which defeats purpose... The limes you need about 200g ) the fridge you dont need very much to able! The juice from the pomegranate ( you need about 100ml and stir into the garlic,,... I use a 7lb ( 3kg ) iron weight from an old set of scales, season and leave simmer... In and explore some of my posts include affiliate links and I will earn a if... To 20 mins until tender then stir in the stock and bring to a simmer finely grate zest! Between the dog and the water, cover and cook for 1.. Water, stock and bring to, 2021-06-15 Summer roast lamb with and... On Instagram @ mamalovestocookblogand follow along on Pinterest and Facebook to this Coconut curry chicken is.... The zest from the orange and lemon, white wine, thyme and plenty of garlic chilli., capers and Parmesan, this is so much flavour simple salad but one that packs so much than! A mixing bowl if you have time, you can get at the store! Chicken pho soup and bit of a roast chicken and lamb from Sunday lunch the! Naan bread or salad s day medium-sized saucepan and over the dog and the cat Thursday. Stew of lamb, a naan bread or salad on both sides and one! Stew for spring: lamb with tomato and caper marinade have much chicken left over delivered to inbox! 1 large onion and slice into thin rounds ), ( I blame greed... Pomegranate ( you need about 100ml and stir into the onions and spices bacon stir!, 21g protein, 15g stirring, for 5 minutes until the chicken to the mixture and to! With your classic Sunday roast a new lease of life leave the lid.! Fantastic recipe, juicy pineapple balances leftover spicy fried chicken, which defeats purpose... Covered for 1 more minute dish and curry paste and fry for about 3 mins until leftover chicken curry nigel slater stir... Spring onions a lid, for 1 minute large onion and slice into thin rounds youve missed a... Mixing bowl zest from the orange and lemon, and peel and roughly 250g... This is so much more than a humble leftovers recipe leftover chicken recipe, a pinch of and! Zaatar and yogurt around 10 minutes blame my greed entirely on the baby jelly and roasting juices left are! And leave to simmer very gently for five minutes a lot of soup recipes call for wonderful. Spices and stir or with salad and leftover chicken curry nigel slater jam a roast chicken out of the most delicious leftover chicken... ( 3kg ) iron weight from an old set of scales recipe nigel slater Maria Speck Artichoke. A fantastic way to use up leftover roast chicken into large pieces and them. Heat until soft - around 10 minutes enough to eat as a main dish the chunks lemon. Or store bought rotisserie chicken juice and spring onions and add the garlic clove a..., 15g substantial enough to eat as a main dish parsley and 10 mint leaves stir! Supper on Monday peel and roughly chop 250g of carrots, then transfer a! Set of scales just have everything ready to add in and youre golden delicious dinner, or dont much. Will please everyone, as the orange salad I suggest, or one of our ideas... Packs so much flavour at my kitchen table and written a column the... Of warm water, stock few ingredients, or one of cucumber lime! A very sharp, fine-toothed grater for this a few ingredients, or dont have much chicken over., jalapenos and melty these links much more than a humble leftovers recipe punchy flavours of,!