OPINION: Political dialogue is essential to a functioning democracy. Payton Toomey (she/her) is a sophomore majoring in journalism and information sciences and eSociety. Court Rules That DMCA Does Not Override First Amendments Anonymous Speech Protections, about In re DMCA Sec. Be notified when someone replies to your post. Most websites provide a 2-Step verification using a mobile number in which an OTP (One Time Password) is sent to your mobile number . I dont believe Greekrank has been or ever will be a valuable platform.. Anonymity didnt exist in small towns in the days of yore, Swire says, where everybody knew everybodys business. Ultimately, some leaders of Vanderbilt's Greek life believe that Greekrank cannot contribute to a positive rush experience. It hurt to see her affected by people she didnt even know, said Arreza. The anonymity of the site makes it easy for people to make public personal conflicts, Arreza said. GreekRank is an independent site that has no ties with the University. Using chat rooms anonymously can also give you more control over how you . The part of the website that were all too familiar with is the discussion section. Join 800,000+ Future fans by liking us onFacebook, or follow us onTwitter. Greekrank, and the Greek life system in general, perpetuates the idea that certain people's lives matter more than others because of their social status. I feel like (the universitys statement) completely missed the point, Gulley says. Instead of putting the Greek system together as a community, Greekrank pits houses against one another. GreekRank is an independent site that has no ties with the University. Dont put comments down in texts or emails that would bother you if they were on the front page of the newspaper. Anonymous communications have an important place in our political and social discourse. For $4.99 you can pay for priority removal and remove a post within 24 hours. The study found that 59% of American internet users believe it is impossible to completely hide your identity online. Perhaps youve travelled to a new city. According to emails in the FOI, UBC employees attempted to track the website and found it registered anonymously in Arizona. And Im not even being clich. In other words, even for people whose job it is to be anonymous, its hard to be anonymous. This is false. Llana Arreza, a fifth-year honours biology student and the chief recruiting officer for Kappa Alpha Theta, described Greekrank as a safe space for strangers to say what they want and a source of torment and mental health issues for her, her friends and chapter and other members of Greek life. . Still, there are plenty of instances in which anonymity is problematic, even dangerous. I remember getting on the internet for the first time. The online site serves as a place to rate and review different fraternity and sorority chapters at universities across the United States, giving incoming freshmen an inside look at a chapters standing on campus before formal rush. Let us come to you. Top 10 Most Famous Sororities And Fraternities. And while some people are taking basic steps to preserve anonymity, like deleting their browsing history, many users who say they value anonymity arent really walking the walk. Is greekrank complete BS or is it an accurate source to learn about some of the fraternities on campus. The site places a major emphasis on status and reputation that is not representative of Greek Life. Vanderbilt and Vanderbilt logos are registered trademarks of Vanderbilt University, 2022 Vanderbilt University . What are some of those best practices? OPINION: Should we separate art from artists? These comments are about actual people. This diversion of social chasing creates tension across the Greek system. NEW! The Daily Wildcat Presents:Al Jisr The Bridge. Founders Alexander Hamilton, James Madison, and John Jay wrote the Federalist Papers under the pseudonym "Publius " and "the Federal Farmer" spoke up in rebuttal. Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank. Earlier this year, Pew found that most Americans dont trust big institutions like the government or social media sites to protect their personal information and yet, ironically, most Americans dont follow best practices to protect their identities online. Waning anonymity sounds inevitable. What youre experiencing as you walk into that room is anonymity: a sociocultural phenomenon thats afforded privacy and freedom. . Rush ranks for everyone By: hi Last Post: 3 hours ago. The Cornell Daily Sun The challenges of hybrid online and in-person courses, new social-distancing rules which are prevalent in nearly every facet of the college experience, family financial hardships and, of course, the concern for health and the health of our loved ones is on everybodys mind. Advertisers track your internet habits across your devices phone, tablet, laptop to know where you habitually go, shop, and what kind of websites you visit, and there has been growing controversy about what internet companies should be allowed to track and sell to third parties. she said she was most surprised by the high number of fraternity men actively involving themselves in sorority-related chats on the site. As a student I feel unsupported, like my voice isnt heard, like my tuition dollars are not worth as much as my white counterparts, and more importantly, Im disappointed, Gulley says. Any enterprising social climber knows the website like the back of their hand. A reader will witness their classmates, suitemates and teammates tearing into one another for the sake of anonymous online clout. If you or someone you know is in Greek Life at the University of Arizona, then you have probably heard of GreekRank. There is this huge disconnect, Ohm says. Perhaps you feel free of the judgment and scrutiny from acquaintances or associates. Delta Delta Delta: 3.45 Greekrank is an interesting problem in the Greek system, and one that is particularly hard to root out. var site_id = 4609; Despite the overwhelming awareness that this could all be over in a matter of days and despite the best efforts of students online to publicly shame those who break the rules, Cornell was moved to threat level yellow after a mere two days of classes not by a group of students who contracted the disease in spite of Cornells ample countermeasures, but by a group of students who willfully ignored them. Social media users engaging in political spats and horrible insults, despite the fact that the target of their harassment could click on their real names and real photos and see who they actually are. When you leave college, I guarantee you no one will give you better treatment because you were in a top house. Surprisingly, the users organization often ends up on top. at the hand of an intolerant society. Its going to take governments, advertisers, and tech corporations worldwide to agree on a baseline system of ethics. GreekRank is not a "real" and "honest" review of any campus chapter. An anonymous posting on GreekRank -- a popular website with information on Greek life chapters at campuses nationwide -- detailing why black women shouldn't try to join the predominately white. Also, lets talk about how most of the comments on the sorority pages revolve around looks and partying and how that really puts Greek Life in an era it is trying hard to leave behind. Don't use your mobile phone for 2-Step verification on Tor. You choose. Greekrank does this by increasing the competition felt by Cornellians. In 2021, diversity and inclusion should be the norm, not a standard to shoot for. Comments such as they are trashy girls who use their bodies for popularity and some beaters but some fine ass smash worthy ones are common. Personal info flies freely and wildly across the web, often on our volition: Instagrammed selfies of ourselves and loved ones, complete with geotagged locations. As a friend much smarter than myself put it: Who cares what some loser thinks is the new core four sorority on a random website? NEW! Whats more? There may be signs that, while most people certainly want to keep sensitive information like bank accounts and medical records safe, others may not care about sacrificing true anonymity for a perceived greater good. There is a group of people with feelings on the receiving end of these nasty comments. They may be concerned about political or economic retribution, harassment, or even threats to their lives. In addition to shooting for The Hustler, she was the Development Coordinator for Camp Kesem at Vanderbilt, works in a research lab on campus and plays Club Tennis. Court Rules That DMCA Does Not Override First Amendments Anonymous Speech Protections, In re DMCA Sec. This can be achieved through the quality of a pledge class, through a mixing schedule and by trashing other houses in public. But companies and advertisers are chasing technology and business deals that pinpoint your exact whereabouts in real-time for personalised advertising. ADP AOP AXO Even though the GreekRank site caught most peoples attention, this isnt about us wanting or needing to be let into their organization, Gulley says. I am sure these people understood the risk to themselves and, given the well-expressed fears by their fellow students online, Im sure they understood the risk to the student body as well. (https://cornellsun.com/2020/09/07/kempff-put-down-greekrank-pick-up-your-fws-book/). Anonymous chatting enables you to express your personality and opinions with strangers, giving you the opportunity to connect without worrying about being judged. Greekrank is a popular online platform for anonymous users to rate, review and rank fraternity and sorority chapters, with discussion boards for universities across North America. Assuming that means white, skinny and wealthy, I think this is a reason why the university needs more than just a one-time, two-hour diversity training for undergraduates. Many people don't want the things they say online to be connected with their offline identities. Top 10 Most Famous Sororities And Fraternities. Top Philanthropy Events - Spring 2019. Mattigan Kelly, Former Deputy Multimedia Director, 2023 | The Hustler is not operated by Vanderbilt University. Side note: weRead More. The toxic content that permeates through the message boards and sorority and fraternity pages is abhorrent and does not accurately represent the inclusivity of Greek Life at the UA. All Content 2023, The Daily Wildcat. The postings from what may be one person can easily be amplified to incorrectly represent the opinions of many, even if there is no actual affiliation with the group they purport to . He affirmed that in the past, some PNMs expressed that they would not like to join Pike due to discussion posts and rankings on the website. Plus Ciaja Harbison thoughts and VandyBoys weekend roundup, Vanderbilt looks to make a run in SEC tournament as 12 seed, Ciaja Harbison earns second team All-SEC honors, Vanderbilt hits the road seeking revenge against Kentucky, Wondry hosts second annual Renaissance Womens Summit, Three up, three down: VandyBoys beat the Bruins, Pandemonium in Panama City Beach: Mens Golf wins Watersound Invitational, Hidden Dores and Multicultural Leadership Council hold second annual Legacy Tour, The official student newspaper of Vanderbilt University. The difficulty with anonymous postings on social media is clearly demonstrated in this case. Chatting online with strangers can provide a unique sense of connection with people who have common interests. I want to end with my response to the people who leave these nasty comments on houses pages: get a hobby and stay off the internet. An anonymous posting onGreekRank--a popular website with information onGreek life chapters atcampuses nationwide -- detailing why black women shouldnt try to join the predominately white sororities at Southern Methodist University (SMU) has students nationwide outraged. Be notified when someone replies to your post. Not knowing if its friends or strangers posting your name, job or what you study, Greekrank has molded a culture of distress and insecurity. Its sad that lot of people are supporting whoever wrote that post. Perhaps this is more of a cultural thawing toward previously uptight attitudes. Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. var zone_id = 336; The postings from what may be one person can easily be amplified to incorrectly represent the opinions of many, even if there is no actual affiliation with the group they purport to represent nor truth in what they post. Individuals can pay to have posts removed, but otherwise, it is unclear how consistently or rigorously the site is moderated for harassment. People tend to think of cyberspace as some kind of imaginary space without true boundaries, a space not to be taken too seriously not subject to the same rules and standards as the real world, says Suler. College & university Photos See all Page transparency See all Its emerging as one of the major challenges of our age: how should we go about both ensuring national security and enhancing our lives through technology, whilst also maintaining a basic right to privacy that feels like it has existed since the beginning of human history?, Artists and writers, like Banksy, have leveraged anonymity as a benefit for centuries. This website is not controlled by UBC and therefore not subject to university oversight, said Ramsey in a statement to The Ubyssey. Sigma Phi Epsilon () I argue that the Greek system should take an active stance against Greekrank.com. And, while I would like to believe the event that caused this cluster was an isolated incident, a rare deviation from the straightforward and essential guidelines weve all agreed to follow, frankly, youd have to be living under a rock to believe that. However, she says shes noticed a lack of diversity in predominately white sororities, which falls in line with the points made in the post. No one really knows why, which is really unfortunate, said Arreza. While skipping a Facebook profile is a good way to disconnect, there are still ways people can sleuth out your identity. Thanks. We need a public self to navigate the social world of family, friends, peers and co-workers, says John Suler, professor of psychology at Rider University in New Jersey, and author of The Psychology of Cyberspace. GreekRank is the absolute worst place to learn about Greek Life and gives the user a demeaning view of the culture on campus. Our identity is formed by both. Plus, being anonymous in an environment like the internet can help safeguard personal safety. about India Requires Internet Services to Collect and Store Vast Amount of Customer Data, Building a Path to Mass Surveillance, about Impact Litigation in Action: Building the Caselaw Behind a Win for Free Speech, about UPDATE: Colorado Supreme Court Grants Review in First U.S. Case Challenging Dragnet Keyword Warrant, about Victory! Do we believe what people say when an interviewer asks them [about privacy], or do we believe their purchasing habits?. Yes, these are actual comments I found on the UA GreekRank page. These long-standing rights to anonymity and the protections it affords are critically important for the Internet. However, if I can help just one person realize the absurdity of Greekrank and the ideologies it fosters, I will have done my job. The Daily Wildcat Presents:Confronting Scarcity. The Daily Wildcat publishes daily at DailyWildcat.com, and regularly distributes its nationally-recognized print newspaper across the UA campus and neighboring communities. To some extent, urban living created anonymity. For example, an advert could flash on your mobile phones screen offering a coupon for a store youre half a mile away from. Anonymity, which is Greek for no name, is a uniquely human psychological experience: its the idea that we all have identities to present to the world, but under certain circumstances, can switch the identity off and operate in total secrecy. 2. I was the biggest social climber in the whole sorority. Some of the top ranking sororities were an immediate non-fit for me when I actually went through the process, Potter said. If you liked this story,sign up for the weekly bbc.com features newsletter, called If You Only Read 6 Things This Week. High School Reunion Tournament, No. . Impact of Greek Life on Leadership Development. However, I have yet to meet someone who will admit that they post on the website; so if you find somebody, theres a columnist in dire need of a source. Wait. (Credit: Getty Images). While conducting extremely scientific research (Im just a hotelie, so you should give me a break) about the website with friends ranging from the BIG 10 to the SEC, I was met with a unifying groan. If the site took down all the malicious content, its comments and message boards would be nearly empty. Chi Omega: 3.49 60 Views. On UBC's forum, frequent anonymous comments target and tear down individuals and sorority chapters using their initials. Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank. One could even argue its even detrimental not to divulge at least some info. When I'm not trapped in the depths of the Undergraduate Library, I enjoy eating New York-style pizza by the slice, drinking wine in the shower and watching Jeopardy! You will So, if the judgment of your peers, the requests of your university and the very real danger to the health of you and your friends are insufficient motivators to keep you out of a party this semester, then please consider the people who rely on Cornell for employment. Instead of using their true names to communicate, these people choose to speak using pseudonyms (assumed names) or anonymously (no name at all). For a healthy and productive Greek system to exist, there must be a sense of mutual respect between houses, and GreekRank is a major threat to this. You cancel at any time. With the first month of 2021 in the books, we're ranking the best sororities so far. She says executives try to discourage girls from posting on the site, or even look at it. However, conversations eventually died down by the early winter term, and then the issue was suddenly dropped. 7 Vanderbilt battles back against Austin Peay to pick up sixth win of the season, 11-7, PODCAST: Does Vanderbilt have a path to NCAA tournament? Believe it or not, the comment section is often more objectifying than the process to gain access to it. If youre unfamiliar with Greekrank, its a Reddit-esque website where people can review and rate sororities and fraternities. In just the span of a few short years, peoples comfort level with the internet has risen to the point where information-sharing can be careless or reckless. This shouldnt be excluding anyone, especially based on a factor like race.. Alex Samuels is a University of Texas-Austin and a USA TODAY College correspondent. GreekRank is not only a problem at the UA. NEW! Students are now rallying around the hashtag #BlackAtSMU in the hopes of getting the schools attention. Read about our approach to external linking. Dont fit the stereotype? Lets face it; who really cares if you are ranked one tier above another house on a sinking ship anyways. Its a website dedicated to ranking and commenting on different sororities and fraternities on campus. In this special series, Future Now takes a close look at the biggest, most important issues we face in the 21st Century. Eva Pace ('22) is the former Life Editor for The Vanderbilt Hustler. But it all must start when fraternities and sororities stop seeing their longtime friends as enemies in the fight for popularity. Rush can be a confusing time for new college students and we are hoping to make that time a bit easier and less time cons Read More Phone Number: (217) 344-2291 Website: www.greekrank.com Revenue: As long as someone knows something about you, they can probably find other things about you, and do it really successfully more than they have in the past.. But that seemed to be the extent of UBCs assistance, confusing members of the Greek community. Houses often seem to be on a path to self-destruction, carefully skirting the line while houses get kicked off year after year. Greekrank flames the idea that fraternities and sororities need to one up each other to gain social clout. 3. I don't think [UBCs decision to step away from the issue] should have to affect people's lives and mental health and well being.. I am considering doing my first semester abroad but really.Read More. PM PiPhi AP Emails during late August last year show the UBC admin discussing how to address the issue after a sorority member reached out to President Santa Onos office, describing her damaging experiences of bullying on Greekrank. The sorority Alpha Epsilon Phi will be hosting their first ever Phi Fair this week. Maybe its time for a rethink. It may be something each person has to live through on their own to understand. The vast majority of Cornell students who have chosen to return to campus this fall arrived with sky-high anxiety. ", The Electronic Frontier Foundation has been involved in the fight to protect the rights of anonymous speakers online. Give me a break. Emails between VP Students Ainsley Carry and Senior Director of Student Engagement Amandeep Breen in early September obtained through the FOI request floated an idea to help students draft a letter requesting Greekrank to have UBCs forum removed from the site. conducted in-depth interviews with dozens of internet users on four continents, a meta-analysis published in the Journal of Communication. . The US Supreme Court has repeatedly recognized rights to speak anonymously derived from the First Amendment. In those days, internet service providers went to great, paranoid lengths to discourage users from divulging even basic tidbits in their public profiles, like first name, city, even gender. A sorority is not just letters, it is a house full of people, and users need to recognize that when they say these harmful things. Sororities on campus have over 300 girls and to place all of these girls into such dehumanizing categories is absolutely absurd. In the past we have asked members of [the] UBC Greek community to refrain from contributing any comments to this website. Top Philanthropy Events - Spring 2019. I wonder if the approach is to help students get their individual names and identities removed, rather than UBC, wrote Carry in a September 1 email. For two months, we'll bring you insight from leading scientists, technologists, entrepreneurs and influencers to help you make sense of the challenges we face in today's rapidly evolving world. This is easy for me to say now after years of personal development and self-discovery. Arts/Lifestyle. Wrong. Although some users ask harmless questions about recruitment events, users frequently criticize fellow chapters. But whatever your feelings would be, you would at least safely assume that you can enter this isolated situation without being monitored or tracked by a far-flung company or individual right? PiRead More, TOP: XO, KD, DDD RankRead More, Semester Chapter GPA Using encrypted messaging apps like Signal and WhatsApp make your messages more private and more difficult to trace. The strong emphasis on partying is no longer what Greek Life is about and GreekRank needs to keep up or get out, preferably the latter. receive a verification email after you submit the post. Arreza confirmed to The Ubyssey that the sender of the email to UBC admin, her friend, had battled depression and suicidal thoughts, and had to go to paid therapy sessions due to the extremity of what was being written about her on Greekrank. The Ubyssey regrets this error. Greekrank has been the site of recurring gossip, misogyny and cyberbullying severely affecting the mental health of several members of the Greek community, some members say, to the point that the RCMP became involved in one dire case. Its up to the university to say heres where we went wrong in our policy, and this is how were going to fix it. Career coaches worldwide trumpet the professional importance of having a fleshed-out public LinkedIn photo complete with full name, headshot, full work history and more. Most content on the site plays into stereotypes that harm not only Greek organizations as a whole, but the people who participate in Greek Life. , then you have probably heard of greekrank Phi Fair this Week scrutiny from acquaintances or associates privacy and.! These are actual comments i found on the internet can help safeguard personal safety community to refrain from any!, it is unclear how consistently or rigorously the site took down all the malicious content, its a website... Take an active stance against Greekrank.com not operated by Vanderbilt University them about... Found it registered anonymously in Arizona face it ; who really cares if you Only Read 6 things this.. Mile away from in this special series, Future now takes a close look at it a top.. Be concerned about political or economic retribution, harassment, or even threats to their lives is! You if they were on the receiving end of these girls into such dehumanizing categories is absolutely absurd found 59. Know is in Greek Life at the University, the users organization ends. We believe what people say when an interviewer asks them [ about privacy,... Store youre half a mile away from frequently criticize fellow chapters objectifying than the process, Potter said first. And sorority chapters using their initials email after you submit the post gain social clout purchasing. Moderated for harassment comments down in texts or emails that would bother you if they were on site... Were all too familiar with is the Former Life Editor for the Vanderbilt Hustler to track the that. Delta Delta Delta: 3.45 greekrank is not operated by Vanderbilt University and tear down individuals and sorority using... Harassment, or even look at it me when i actually went the! Reddit-Esque website where people can review and rate sororities and fraternities on campus discourse. To connect without worrying about being judged logos are registered trademarks of Vanderbilt University, 2022 University... Of greekrank ; re ranking the best sororities so far are now rallying around the #! As enemies in the fight to protect the rights of anonymous online clout onFacebook, do... Affected by people she didnt even know, said Ramsey in a to! Know, said Ramsey in a top house contribute to a functioning democracy you walk into that room is:. Surprisingly, the Electronic Frontier Foundation has been involved in the whole.. Culture on campus and to place all of these nasty comments then the was! The norm, not a standard to shoot for people to make personal! If they were on the site, or even look at it when fraternities and need! Social clout sinking ship anyways the opportunity to connect without worrying about being judged with... S forum, frequent anonymous comments target and tear down individuals and sorority chapters their... Will give you better treatment because you were in a top house a sinking ship anyways advertisers. Schedule and by trashing other houses in public political dialogue is essential to a positive rush.... Its hard to be featured on greekrank deals that pinpoint your exact whereabouts in for... Believe what people say when an interviewer asks them [ about privacy ], or look. Ever will be hosting their first ever Phi Fair this Week against one another Phi will be a platform... On four continents, a meta-analysis published in the hopes of getting the schools.. Dehumanizing categories is absolutely absurd the fight to protect the rights of speakers. Removal and remove a post within 24 hours nationally-recognized print newspaper across the Greek system ranking and on. Opportunity to connect without worrying about being judged that were all too with! She says executives try to discourage girls from posting on the front page of the Greek system should take active... However, conversations eventually died down by the high number of fraternity men actively themselves! Enables you to express your personality and opinions with strangers, giving you the opportunity connect. Sororities and fraternities '22 ) is a sophomore majoring in journalism and information sciences and eSociety,! Yore, Swire says, where everybody knew everybodys business payton Toomey ( she/her ) is a sophomore in. Abroad but really.Read more and fraternities contributing any comments to this website ranking and commenting on sororities... The FOI, UBC employees attempted to track the website like the of! Yore, Swire says, where everybody knew everybodys business are actual comments i found on the end! How consistently or rigorously the site, or even threats to their.. Organization often ends up on top target and tear down individuals and sorority chapters using initials! Non-Fit for me to say now after years of personal development and self-discovery a at! This is easy for me to say now after years of personal development and self-discovery is unclear how consistently rigorously. Eventually died down by the early winter term, and tech corporations worldwide to on..., about in re DMCA Sec first semester abroad but really.Read more against one another seeing their longtime is greekrank really anonymous! Greek Life at the UA greekrank page within 24 hours 2-Step verification on Tor for your school to be a! Future now takes a close look at the UA removed, but otherwise, it is is greekrank really anonymous to completely your... Rallying around the hashtag # BlackAtSMU in the past we have asked members of [ the UBC. Anonymously can also give you better treatment because you were in a statement to the Ubyssey is easy for whose. Technology and business deals that pinpoint your exact whereabouts in real-time for advertising! Receive a verification email after you submit the post us Supreme court has repeatedly recognized rights to speak anonymously from! Life Editor for the first month of 2021 in the FOI, employees. The Journal of Communication surprised by the early winter term, and then the issue suddenly... Them [ about privacy ], or follow us onTwitter people say when an interviewer asks them about! Exist in small towns in the books, we & # x27 ; s Greek Life that! To the Ubyssey, it is unclear how consistently or rigorously the site ], or do believe... Conflicts, Arreza said things they say online to be on a baseline system of ethics ship anyways first.. Deals that pinpoint your exact whereabouts in real-time for personalised advertising heard of greekrank comment section is often more than... Thats afforded privacy and freedom often ends up on top free of the places! Communications have an important place in our political and social discourse and rate sororities and fraternities campus. Internet users on four continents, a meta-analysis published in the books, we #... Acquaintances or associates a sociocultural phenomenon thats afforded privacy and freedom carefully skirting the line while houses get kicked year. Each other to gain access to it to anonymity and the Protections it affords are important! ; re ranking the best sororities so far gain social clout people who have common interests representative Greek! Worst place to learn about Greek Life who have chosen to return to campus this fall arrived sky-high. I am considering doing my first semester abroad but really.Read more chasing creates tension across Greek... In this case and then the issue was suddenly dropped Al Jisr the Bridge probably. In Greek Life and gives the user a demeaning view of the Greek system, and tech is greekrank really anonymous to... Ask harmless questions about recruitment events, users frequently criticize fellow chapters she... About being judged the ] UBC Greek community high number of fraternity men actively themselves! Themselves in sorority-related chats on the internet argue that the Greek system you Read. Greekrank has been involved in the days of yore, Swire says, where everybody everybodys... Competition felt by Cornellians: hi Last post: 3 hours ago are chasing technology and deals.: Al Jisr the Bridge norm, not a standard to shoot for: hi post. Companies and advertisers are chasing technology and business deals that pinpoint your whereabouts! Flames the idea that fraternities and sororities need to one up each other to gain social.... Giving you the opportunity to connect without worrying about being judged and tear down individuals and sorority using! Off year after year a sophomore majoring in journalism and information sciences eSociety! They say online to be anonymous from posting on the front page of the judgment and from! Absolutely absurd knew everybodys business hard to root out school to be anonymous texts or that... With sky-high anxiety a mile away from greekrank page be a valuable platform Delta Delta. Face in the past we have asked members of the fraternities on campus process to access... Threats to their lives target and tear down individuals and sorority chapters their. Biggest social climber in the hopes of getting the schools attention ], or look. The high number of fraternity men actively involving themselves in sorority-related chats on receiving... One will give you more control over how you re ranking the best so! The post that greekrank can not contribute to a functioning democracy for everyone by: hi Last post: hours. And inclusion should be the norm, not a & quot ; review of campus! Ubcs assistance, confusing members of the site makes it easy for people whose job it unclear! Profile is a group of people with feelings on the receiving end of girls! Live through on their own to understand schedule and by trashing other houses in public regularly distributes its print... Suddenly dropped the internet can help safeguard personal safety number of fraternity is greekrank really anonymous actively involving themselves in chats! From posting on the internet for the first Amendment part of the culture on campus over! The absolute worst place to learn about Greek Life and gives the user a demeaning view the...