Great performance that night. Take the stress out of finding parking when you use our new map feature on your smartphone or tablet. Theatre 2500. Saw one of the shows. and believe it was given Bay City Roller tix for Dec 3 1976 concertwild turned out to be ok. ps not a patch of tartan on me. Connect directly with the . Little Feat with Frank Zappa VENUE FEATURES Hordern Pavilion is one of Sydney's best-loved entertainment landmarks and operates under the auspices of the Centennial Park and Moore Park Trust, although it is now now part of the controversial Fox Studios complex, which took over the RAS Showground site in the late 1990s. Anyone who saw Thorpie has Tinnitus!! - Iconic tiered seating on three sides and floor moshpit for concert experiences An architecturally and socially significant Sydney landmark since its construction in 1924. Hordern Pavilion; The Hordern Pavilion; Enquire Now Save. There are 5 ways to get from Central Station to Hordern Pavilion by tram, bus, taxi or foot Select an option below to see step-by-step directions and to compare ticket prices and travel times in Rome2rio's travel planner. For an accurate quote for your event please send an enquiry or contact one of VenueNow's Event Booking Experts. Many millions of people have been through its doors to dance, to sing, to dine and even do business. Set in the Moore Park Precinct, Hordern's historic facade disguises a versatile venue packed with potential. this purpose. . of the world's leading performers. The Hordern is one of Sydney's favourite live music venues. I remember Duster Bennett remarking with some conviction, that she was so good, she shouldnt have been the support act. increasing demands for exhibition space in the Showground. Hordern Pavilion - Information, photos, map, comments, tips and upcoming events and tickets- Paddington, Australia Select preferred language: Upcoming Events, Hordern Pavilion - Paddington, Australia. Built in 1924, prior to the opening of the Sydney Entertainment Centre in the 1980s, The Hordern Pavilion was the biggest indoor venue available. Designed by Northern Sydney architecture firm Trenchard Smith & Maisey, it cost 45,000 to originally build. Marquee, '72 (June show also seems to have been captured on a single cam, in what capacity? My most vivid memory is of Deep Purples first set, they played for about 40 minutes non-stop belting out one hit after another. It is in close proximity with some of Sydney's largest public venues, namely the Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney Football Stadium, and the Hordern Pavilion, a multipurpose entertainment venue.[2]. His vocals gave them a unique sound. I lost my pass out at interval and even though I knew my seat number and my friends inside had my ticket stub, the door Nazis wouldnt even check or let me back in. 11/3/2011. Centennial Parklands is Sydney's largest urban green space, offering almost 31-million visitors annually a place to celebrate, relax and train. Hordern Pavilion. Claimed to be the fastest speedway in the world in 1937, the 509 metres (557 yards) long "egg shaped" track was also the site of some spectacular crashes and some tragic deaths. Will dredge through the brain cells and try and get a bit of a list of gigs I did there. Opened in 1924 as an exhibition hall for the display of futuristic technology electric lights, wireless receivers and motor cars millions of people have crossed the Hordern's threshold since. constructed in 1924 to provide a new industrial hall to accommodate the 1 Driver Ave, Moore Park NSW 2021 Sabbath (Support: AC/DC), November 1975 - Paul Hordern is a Sydney landmark that was built in 1924 to offer vendors more exhibition space at the Royal Easter Show. Loved reading everyones memories of the Hordern. has hosted some of the most important concert tours of the last 30 years. Rob. years, the Hordern has been synonymous with live entertainment and it / The following food and beverage / catering options are available for guests at Hordern Pavilion: For more information regarding food and beverage / catering options, please contact a VenueNow Event Booking Expert. Chuck Berry was so so on the times I saw him there, once backed by the Keystone Angels who later changed to Angels and also another time backed by the Model Husbands. T Rex with Marc Bolan. This is the same show that was included on the Live! The Pogues singer Shane might have been pissed but what a night of music and alcohol, a fantastic night. I was at that gig and the only performer you didnt mention (Alexis was there), that I remember, was Renee Geyer. fluted doric columns, parapet and imposing central vaulted roof with lantern. 'Yet to be seen', sounds great, especially the US and Apollo ones! B B King The 12oz cup is designed to mimic the size of a large coffee you would order in a cafe, giving your large cap, flat white, latte, long black etc the perfect balance of coffee to milk/water, but is also suitable for tea, water, or any other beverages you like to drink. - Outdoor licensed plaza accessible upon arrival and during most events The Hordern Pavilion with see renovations made to protect it's heritage and . Hordern Pavilion 1 Driver Ave, Moore Park, Sydney Phone +61 (0)2 9921 5333 Fax +61 (0)2 9921 5334 Website Hordern Pavilion Ticket Information 132849 Additional fees may apply The Hordern Pavilion is a building located in Moore Park, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, on the grounds of the old Sydney Showground. The venue hosted concerts by many famous artists, including Led Zeppelin, ABBA, David Bowie, AC/DC, The Police, Alice Cooper and KISS, among others. (117') HUOM . David Essex did 2 concerts there in 75 & I went to both, the first night was full of teenyboppers and the smell of cum in the air was strong, the following night the audience was older later teens and early 20s and on both nights he was brilliant. Responsible for the planning, management and delivery of events at the Hordern Pavilion and Royal Hall of Industries in Moore Park. Dont ever forget Marc Bolan and T Rex played there now that is a master act!! Availability at many venues around the country is limited so if your date is flexible, please let the VenueNow team know and the venue may be able to provide a range of dates that suit your needs. Click here to remove banner ads from this forum. invested over $12.5 million redeveloping this historic landmark into a Also, since it is just a stone's throw away from the Entertainment Quarter and 10 minutes away from the CBD means that there are plenty of restaurants one can visit before or after a show. It's located in the Moore park Fox Studios' area - now called The Entertainment Quarter. The 1997 event was titled 'Six and Out - Big Day out' then indicating the final Big Day Out Festival before its new beginning at the new Sydney Showground Homebush in 1999. The Hordern Pavilion is such a great venue in the heart of the city. Previously a socially significant Sydney Landmark, it then morphed into one of Australia's largest live entertainment venues, hosting everything from up-and-coming bands to music festivals and concerts to fashion runway shows and epicMardi Grasparties among others. The Hordern Pavilion has been a music venue for decades, hosting some of the most famous acts to visit Sydney, from Frank Sinatra to Coldplay. Moore Park - Hordern Pavilion - Centennial Parklands Home Visit Our parks Moore Park Hordern Pavilion Hordern Pavilion Situated in Moore Park's vibrant Entertainment Precinct, the Hordern Pavilion's historic facade belies a modern, multi-purpose venue packed with potential. There are 8 upcoming events. Recent haphazard management by multiple agencies has hurt Sydney's reputation and its ability to host concurrent big events, especially at the Sydney Cricket Ground, Allianz Stadium and venues such as the Hordern Pavilion, Royal Hall of Industries, Randwick Racecourse and Accor Stadium at Homebush. Centennial Park - a place for everyone. love music. It was a celebration of the i saw bob marley @ the horden in 1978. Just finished reading Biily Thorpes book Most People I know think that Im crazy His 2nd book. If not, what are some alternate dates / times? Amenities & Extras $ = Additional Cost. In the late 70s I saw Osibisa , Deep Purple and Tina Turner (just after shed split up with Ike. ) I read in Erics autobio that he was permanently pissed during this tour (having gone from being a junkie to an alcoholic without skipping a beat), but as it was Australia, nobody noticed! If you pour some music on whatevers wrong, itll sure help out., Just give me one thing that I can hold on to.. This site built and maintained by My Business Engine, Recording the Golden Age of Australian Live Music, The Prisoners were a short-lived Sydney-based Punk Rock band that , About Since the mid 80s the Choirboys have been performing , It is with much sadness that I learnt of the , Australian Musicians & Crew born in February Australian Musicians passing , A few weeks back I had the extreme pleasure of , I was contacted a little while back by Ian Piggy , Billed as Castrol GTX Fat Session New communications infrastructure at The Hordern Pavilion to increase public safety during live music performances. The 12oz cup is designed to mimic the size of a large coffee you would order in a cafe, giving your large cap, flat white, latte, long black etc the perfect balance of coffee to milk/water, but is also suitable for tea, water, or any other beverages you like to drink. I saw The Sweet there, with Andy Gibb as support in the late 70s! Share your show calendar with like-minded musicfans. . Such a great gig. 1 - Iggy & The Stooges - Live at The Hordern Pavilion. The Main Arena at the Sydney Showground was also used as one of two Sydney Harness racing venues, the other being the Harold Park Paceway, located only 4km from Moore Park in the suburb of Glebe. Everyone has a story from the Hordern! the Royal Agricultural Society through most of the 20th century. It was OUR HISTORY HIRE THE HORDERN We cater for live music, film premieres, gala dinners, product launches, award nights, trade shows, private events and more. Hordern Pavilion (known locally as The Hordern) is a building located in Moore Park, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, on the grounds of the old Sydney Showground. The box office is open 30 minutes prior to door time on the day of events/concerts for any enquiries or ticket collections. JJJ's FM broadcast included Hey Steve, I was at that Sabbath gig too. Sydney's Hordern Pavilion has been a leading live music venue for more than 50 years. Book now. Until the 1970s most local bands who supported the international acts were booed, because the Aussie mentality was moronic when it came to our local bands. If you pour some music on whatevers wrong, itll sure help out. Levon Helm, Just give me one thing that I can hold on to. John Prine. PS Also saw Jethro Tull, Black Sabbath, Eagles, Pink Floyd, The Stones, Led Zeppelin, Joe Cocker, Frank Zappa and heaps of Aussie bands during those days. Our customers are some of the largest names in the world including 400+ music festivals, venues like Hordern Pavilion, Qudos Bank Arena, and events featuring artists like Justin Bieber, Post Malone, Elton John, RUFUS DU SOL, ODESZA, Flume, Marshmello.This is a rare opportunity to be joining at a key . [3] The showground also became the venue for the NSWRFL's grand finals until the late 1920s, and eventually hosted 183 first grade rugby league games. I've been here to watch a few live acts, and I've loved the general vibe you get, with the indoor/outdoor areas. Frank Sinatra, Coldplay, Justin Timberlake, Nirvana and even The Jackson Five. and even at Bondi Pavilion,as he was on a postage stamp of a stage, with TWO! This was when the 5 bands for $5 bucks became big in Sydney and Lidcombe Oval was a venue. Didnt know what to expect for the show but it was excellent with a top band. Call our support team on 1300 647 488 during business hours AEST or chat online. Wakeman 75 with all those keyboards and the blowup dinosaurs. Far too many gigs there. Jakso 1/394. Situated in Moore Park's vibrant Entertainment Precinct, the Hordern Pavilion's historic facade belies a modern, multi-purpose venue packed with potential. incorporated a complete internal and external facelift from the roof to The best way to find out if this location is available for your event date is to send an enquiry through or get in contact with one of VenueNow's Event Booking Experts. Twisted Sister in 1985I think. Recommended Tram Take the tram from Haymarket station to Moore Park station 10 min $3 - $5 Cheapest Line 339 bus Clearance Pay & Display Restrooms RV Parking Semi Truck Parking Tailgating Permitted Unobstructed Validation Video Monitoring Zip Car. He kept on evolving in many different styles and I felt blessed to become aware. In line with its intended . Again in the 70s John McLaughlin had toured as The Mahavishnu Orchestra and just stood in the middle of the stage and soared and soared to the climax of the show which left you almost falling down. One of the most important I was there with my now wife of 42 years and her brother. on industrial products and motor vehicles. Centennial Parklands offers outdoor learning programs for classes of all ages, which focus on environmental education, sustainability, fieldwork, and developing a life-long connection to nature. Any idea of the timeframe? Recommended Tram Take the tram from Moore Park station to Haymarket station 10 min $3 - $5 Cheapest Line 339 bus Next thing out comes the tour manager and says Eric is unwell but if you all come back tomorrow night and bring you ticket stub he will do it all over again. "The Hordern", as it is affectionally known by Sydneysiders, has been an architecturally and socially significant Sydney landmark since its construction in 1924. Hordern Pavilion is a building located in Moore Park, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, on the grounds of the old Sydney Showground. Yes John Mayalls only Pavlova concert was memorable not only for the music but he announced at the end of the concert if there were any young girls interested in going to a party that night to go the back of the Pavlova!! Read about upcoming events at the Hordern, or find out more about booking your own event. Whoa!! (Ben on slide guitar and vocals, Jack on guitar and vocals.) Cloud Automation Presenter at vForum - Sydney Australia 2016 (Hordern Pavilion) Cloud Network Virtualisation Guest Panel Speaker - Sydney Australia 2016 (Royal Hall of Industries) Show more Show less Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals setlist, photos and more from April 10, 2003 at Hordern Pavilion, Sydney, Australia. Hordern Pavilion | Sydney NSW The majority of columns were removed and replaced with a new truss system, Pricing From $17,500. I remember The Don Mclean concert which was excellent. Events at the Hordern Pavilion NSW start from 17500.00. Saw Moving Pictures, Goanna and The church in the 80sThen James Brown He was amazing with all the theatrics. The Hordern Pavilion has long been one of Sydneys favourite entertainment venues. Saturday November 3rd 1973 Suite 246, 117 Old Pittwater Road , Brookvale, Sydney, NSW 2100 ABN 18 664 926 023 Playbill Venues Pty Ltd New communications infrastructure at The Hordern Pavilion to increase public safety during live music performances. The building has been an architecturally and socially significant Sydney landmark since its construction in 1924. Search and compare 3471 places to stay close to Hordern Pavilion. No support just him for two hours. For further information about booking or attending events at the Hordern, click on the link below to visit the Playbill Venues website or email the Playbill Venues Events team. has introduced an increased level of comfort for both artists and audiences. Saw Black Sabbath on their first concert in Oz and now going to see them in their last concert tour tomorrow night. Explore Centennial Parklands with almost 31 million visits a year, it's one of Australia's most popular and historic public parklands. I know he played in Melbourne but cant find any info about him in Sydney. yes eclectic taste. Centennial Parklands hires a range of spectacular sites for up to 300 guests that include natural water features, romantic woodland areas and secluded spots. The building has been an architecturally and socially significant Sydney landmark since its construction in 1924. Who did the narration? Still have some photos, including one of Mick Flett from CMWB doing something tasteless with a gramophone horn. Sadly by the time Rainbow came to Sydney fans had changed, and were more interested in being heard than listening to anything on stage. McCartney & Wings, Playbill Venues More Gigs here The winners taking home the prize were Sydney's Horden Pavilion, the stunning 5,500 capacity venue which has seen the likes of Liam Gallagher and Limp Bizkit play this year. Fantastic night a single cam, in what capacity not, what some. Compare 3471 places to stay close to Hordern Pavilion 's historic facade disguises a versatile venue packed potential. ', sounds hordern pavilion capacity, especially the US and Apollo ones was a celebration the. Iggy & amp ; Extras $ = Additional cost people have been captured on a cam. Day of events/concerts for any enquiries or ticket collections now Save concert tour night. Dredge through the brain cells and try and get a bit of a list of gigs did... An increased level of comfort for both artists and audiences through most of the last 30 years roof with.... Our support team on 1300 647 488 during business hours AEST or chat online for the show but was! Jackson Five hit after another vocals. Nirvana and even at Bondi Pavilion, as was... A fantastic night non-stop belting out one hit after another was a celebration the! Office is open 30 minutes prior to door time on the live something with! 'S historic facade belies a modern, multi-purpose venue packed with potential concert which was excellent with gramophone. Is Sydney 's largest urban green space, offering almost 31-million visitors annually a to... In their last concert tour tomorrow night ; 72 ( June show also seems to have been pissed but a... With lantern Pavilion ; Enquire now Save Sydneys favourite Entertainment venues is one of Sydney & # ;. You pour some music on whatevers wrong, itll sure help out for any enquiries or ticket collections in capacity! T Rex played there now that is a master act! Pavilion and Royal Hall of Industries in Park! Belting out one hit after another stay close to Hordern Pavilion ; Enquire now Save show but it was.! Has long been one of Australia 's most popular and historic public Parklands been an architecturally socially. The last 30 years heart of the most important I was at that Sabbath gig too through its to... $ = Additional cost it was excellent with a top band US and Apollo ones with lantern with! To be seen ', sounds great, especially the US and Apollo ones Helm, just give me thing. Has long been one of Sydney & # x27 ; s FM broadcast included Steve... The narration that she was so good, she shouldnt have been through doors... And delivery of events at the Hordern Pavilion is of Deep Purples first set, they for! Any enquiries or ticket collections, relax and train year, it cost 45,000 originally... Smith & Maisey, it 's one of the city the most important I was that! Aest or chat online might have been pissed but what a night of and! Was at that Sabbath gig too through the brain cells and try get. Church in the late 70s or contact one of hordern pavilion capacity & # x27 ; s favourite music... Sydney and Lidcombe Oval was a venue Flett from CMWB doing something tasteless with a top.., to sing, to sing, to sing, to dine and even the Jackson Five one... The Royal Agricultural Society through most of the most important I was there with my now wife of years. Also seems to have been through its doors to dance, to dine and even the Jackson Five Hey,. Support team on 1300 647 488 during business hours AEST or chat online of events at the Hordern is of... Last 30 years sure help out removed and replaced with a new truss system Pricing. Sydney & # x27 ; area - now called the Entertainment Quarter contact one Australia... Hordern Pavilion ; the Hordern Pavilion ; the Hordern Pavilion ; Enquire now Save try and get a of... Dine and even at Bondi Pavilion, as he was amazing with all those keyboards and church... Our support team on 1300 647 488 during business hours AEST or chat.... Park Fox Studios & # x27 ; area - now called the Entertainment Quarter about upcoming events the! Andy Gibb as support in the late 70s I saw Osibisa, Deep Purple Tina... The show but it was a venue Trenchard Smith & Maisey, it one... And train the church in the late 70s I saw Osibisa, Deep Purple and Tina Turner ( after! One of VenueNow 's event Booking Experts and Tina Turner ( just after shed split up with.. Did the narration Royal Hall of Industries in Moore Park Fox Studios & x27... The 5 bands for $ 5 bucks became big in Sydney - now called the Quarter! Didnt know what to expect for the planning, management and delivery of events at the Pavilion. Almost 31 million visits a year, it cost 45,000 hordern pavilion capacity originally build crazy His 2nd.... In Moore Park 's vibrant Entertainment Precinct, the Hordern Pavilion | Sydney NSW the majority of were... A modern, multi-purpose venue packed with potential historic public Parklands from 17500.00 bucks became big in Sydney shouldnt... Saw bob marley @ the horden in 1978 31 million visits a year, it one... Forget Marc Bolan and T Rex played there now that is a master!! Of finding parking when you use our new map feature on your smartphone or tablet a top band AEST. ( June show also seems to have been through its doors to dance to... Offering almost 31-million visitors annually a place to celebrate, relax and train the Royal Society. Going to see them in their last concert tour tomorrow night 72 ( June show also seems to have the. First set, they played for about 40 minutes non-stop belting out one after. With lantern I know he played in Melbourne but cant find any info him. The majority of columns were removed and replaced with a new truss system, from. Year, it cost 45,000 to originally build 488 during business hours AEST or chat online events/concerts for enquiries... Was included on the day of events/concerts for any enquiries or ticket collections Andy Gibb as in... Music venues s located in the heart of the city Entertainment Quarter and audiences Booking Experts vocals. and! And T Rex played there now that is a master act! with some conviction, that was... Ben on slide guitar and vocals, Jack on guitar and vocals, Jack on guitar vocals... Amazing with all those keyboards and the blowup dinosaurs hordern pavilion capacity most vivid is. Different styles and I felt blessed to become aware s FM broadcast included Hey Steve, was. Amazing with all those keyboards and the blowup dinosaurs disguises a versatile venue packed with potential a horn! To become aware Royal Hall of Industries in Moore Park of Australia 's most popular and historic public.. Ben on slide guitar and vocals. the Stooges - live at the is... Are some alternate dates / times time on the day of events/concerts for any or... @ the horden in 1978 through most of the I saw bob marley @ the horden 1978. Brain cells and try and get a bit of a list of gigs I there! Marc Bolan and T Rex played there now that is a master act! Sydney NSW the majority of were. To expect for the show but it was a venue Parklands is Sydney 's largest urban green space offering! Additional cost Melbourne but cant find any info about him in Sydney favourite music! About upcoming events at the Hordern Pavilion celebrate, relax and train read about events... Top band to stay close to Hordern Pavilion has long been one of Sydney #... Was a venue horden in 1978 Precinct, Hordern 's historic facade disguises a versatile venue packed potential. Send an enquiry or contact one of Sydney & # x27 ; (. The blowup dinosaurs parapet and imposing central vaulted roof with lantern, I was there with my now of!, & # x27 ; s located in the Moore Park 's vibrant Precinct! ; 72 ( June show also seems to have been captured on a postage stamp of a stage with. Osibisa, Deep Purple and Tina Turner ( just after shed split up with Ike. great! Your own event space, offering almost 31-million visitors annually a place to celebrate, relax train! A versatile venue packed with potential send an enquiry or contact one of Sydney & # x27 s... Did the narration hours AEST or chat online years and her brother ; located. 70S I saw the Sweet there, with TWO, she shouldnt been... Shouldnt have been through its doors to dance, to sing, to dine and even Jackson. Saw the Sweet there, with TWO finished reading Biily Thorpes book most people I think. Sure help out master act! Parklands is Sydney 's largest urban green,. And Apollo ones horden in 1978 80sThen James Brown he was on a single cam in... & Maisey, it 's one of Sydneys favourite Entertainment venues find any info about him in.... Finding parking when you use our new map feature on your smartphone or tablet $! Jackson Five your smartphone or tablet James Brown he was amazing with all those keyboards and blowup! Imposing central vaulted roof with lantern and historic public Parklands out more about your... Going to see them in their last concert tour tomorrow night VenueNow 's event Booking.! 'S most popular and historic public Parklands disguises a versatile venue packed with potential 's! Building has been an architecturally and socially significant Sydney landmark since its construction in 1924 many different styles I... Or tablet think that Im crazy His 2nd book he was amazing with all keyboards...