Its probably a permissions thing but I lost all of my notes as well. Search for Terminal & SSH, then select the Official add-on. sudo they will work on DSM 6. Active/back-upmodus I personally thought the udev mapping was a bit overkill. I could get a copy of my config file to you if youd like to see it. So anything starting with docker should be accurate, no matter what version of DSM youre using. Thank you for your guide, it works perfect! @disqus_1nryP1XkYA:disqus I dont think so. You can then connect to HomeBridge on port 51826 to set it up. Part 1: Run Home Assistant on Docker with Synology NAS ( this article) Part 2: Zigbee Sensor Network with Home Assistant Part 3 : Home Assistant data persistence and visualization with Grafana & InfluxDB Part 4: Home Assistant and Telegram Notifications with a Chatbot Part 5: Home Assistant, Google Assistant & Cloudflare ;). Suggestions? I dont really have a preference, but Ive been using sameersbn/mysql without problems. script (@ /usr/local/etc/rc.d/startup.sh) which includes above commands. Choose your Unit System. Now, in my spare time, I want to set also docker-hub, graphana and so on. No I havent setup SSL just yet. 1883:1883 I managed to make it work, so I dont have to use the command line to redirect the USB device to Docker. ports: Andrey, docker run --name home-assistant --restart=always --net=host -itd-v /volume1/Shared/docker/homeassistant/config:/config homeassistant/home-assistant, sudo docker run --name home-assistant --restart=always --net=host -itd-v /volume1/Shared/docker/homeassistant/config:/config homeassistant/home-assistant, docker run --name home-assistant --restart=always --net=host --privileged -itd-v /volume1/Shared/docker/homeassistant/config:/config --device /dev/ttyUSB0 homeassistant/home-assistant, sudo docker run --name home-assistant --restart=always --net=host --privileged -itd-v /volume1/Shared/docker/homeassistant/config:/config --device /dev/ttyUSB0 homeassistant/home-assistant, docker run --name home-assistant --restart=always --net=host --privileged -itd-v /volume1/Shared/docker/homeassistant/config:/config --device /dev/ttyUSB0 -v /dev/bus/usb:/dev/bus/usb homeassistant/home-assistant, sudo docker run --name home-assistant --restart=always --net=host --privileged -itd-v /volume1/Shared/docker/homeassistant/config:/config --device /dev/ttyUSB0 -v /dev/bus/usb:/dev/bus/usb homeassistant/home-assistant, Run Home Assistant Docker without Z-Wave (DSM 5), Run Home Assistant Docker without Z-Wave (DSM 6), -v /volume1/Shared/docker/homeassistant/config:/config, Run Home Assistant Docker with Z-Wave (DSM 5), Run Home Assistant Docker with Z-Wave (DSM 6), Run Home Assistant Docker with Z-Wave and Bluetooth (DSM 5), Run Home Assistant Docker with Z-Wave and Bluetooth (DSM 6), docker rename home-assistant home-assistant-old, docker run --name home-assistant --restart=always --net=host -itd -v /volume1/Shared/docker/homeassistant/config:/config homeassistant/home-assistant, Installing Home-Assistant.io on a Synology Diskstation NAS, https://philhawthorne.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/philhawthorne_black.png, https://philhawthorne.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/home-assistant-all-cover-min.jpg, J.A.R.V.I.S inspired announcement/greeting for Home Assistant, Automating your shopping list with Home Assistant and Grocy, Breaking down Presence Detection with Home Assistant, Making music follow you around the home with Home Assistant and Sonos, HA-Dockermon Use Home Assistant to monitor, start or stop Docker Containers, Setting up a local Mosquitto server using Docker for MQTT Communication Phil Hawthorne, https://home-assistant.io/docs/ecosystem/hass-configurator/, https://community.home-assistant.io/t/simplistic-configuration-ui/10175/147, https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/d6c71e2d595fbe7883fd6f258e498fdb62a5ff86f4d91b0159a7f20b32632ee6.jpg, https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/f921593daa70daacbbbf09038a7ca3fc03720ada8c5803dc22f6433988c72927.jpg, https://drive.google.com/open?id=1a-Xm3b6yCgKw0JP_Une8Fo20hzGST2AK, https://gist.github.com/soccerob/8d8ba635c09f8e94e5a0d8db609ac4e6, https://philhawthorne.com/ha-dockermon-use-home-assistant-to-monitor-start-or-stop-docker-containers/, https://gist.github.com/frenck/32b4f74919ca6b95b30c66f85976ec58, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtqgvoheXGQ, https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/3918e856bf2553e9ba29e63900902d12253351a33f49f649ebcb24afef7199aa.png, https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/82b3284778356b22f2d6f688d21d287ff902c33a2fd770a443a6b516bca94bf6.png, Login to your Synology NAS from a browser, using the. Download Latest Home Assistant Image DSM > Docker > Registry > search for home assistant & download latest image By default the total size and maximum disk temperature sensors are disabled. Thanks for checking out the tutorial on how to set up Home Assistant Supervised on a Synology NAS. brilliant blog nice tutorials and inspiration thanks for sharing! sudo chmod g+rw /dev/ttyACM0. Automation created to download mp4 video files from my Ring Doorbell and Ring Stickup Cameras using Downloader. As noted above, you do not need access to the DSM and Home Assistant will still be able to read statistics from your NAS. Code owners of synology_dsm can trigger bot actions by commenting:. I need configuration.yaml because I would like to add Xiaomi gateway, I think volume1/Shared is protected by the system. I use your command to pull the newest Hassio and install it in the docker app successfully all the time. Once a week, a complete system backup is taken, but also stored on the NAS. Note: Find outhow to update Home Assistant container with the latest image. However, it doesnt come up using the command above. Configuration. Thank you I did not create the Shared directory from the Synology UI, and now I cannot do it, I guess because the volume1/Shared already exist, in fact I get an error trying to create this shared folder from UI control panel. It's built for busy networks with smart home . I tried running it on a regular debian install, and that was a pain as well Basically, if you dont want to run it on a rPi, youre in for a ride.. I cant see any new devices appearing under /dev when I plug the Aeotec Z-Stick in. Get the current name of your container and version sudo docker ps In running this command, note the NAME of your container as well as the IMAGE. mkdir -p /volume1/Shared/docker/homeassistant/config. Hey Phil, I have also tried downloading the image in the gui, and that also fails. FATA[0000] Error: failed to remove one or more images, Damn, so I guess its not a cache issue then. I could also see below kernal message (using dmesg). Every user that logs into the Diskstation can access the same files as everyone else. According to the Discovery Component Docs there are a couple of known issues on Windows. Docker is in Volume 1 too. If you have the Enforce 2-step verification for the following users option checked under Control Panel > User > Advanced > 2-Step Verification, youll need to configure the 2-step verification/one-time password (OTP) for the user you just created before the credentials for this user will work with Home Assistant. If you want to use the same folder as I did above, you can create it by running Im stuck, however, because I dont run a docker command to start Hass.io. All I did was add in the settings from the Pushbullet docs on Home Assistant. Entities reporting status, total size (TB), used size (TB), % of volume used, average disk temperature and maximum disk temperature for each volume inside the NAS. Hey there @hacf-fr, @Quentame, @mib1185, mind taking a look at this issue as it has been labeled with an integration (synology_dsm) you are listed as a code owner for? You can set up a It may not be /usbshare1, so take a look around the file system to see what the file path might be. As an Amazon associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. Manual configuration steps. Lets slightly change our docker run command from above, to include some more parameters. Audio Station [] Audio Station [] But I need to instal Docker first. Once you have Docker running, you can re-connect the OpenVPN connection to encrypt your traffic again. { Im really liking this whole container thing. Response times are pretty good, if not the same as the z-stick. So, if youre editing a new automation and make a YAML syntax error (which you will do), you wont need to open up SSH again to get Home Assistant started once you fix the problem. If you denied access to all locations and applications it is normal to receive a message indicating you do not have access to DSM when trying to login with this separate user. Thanks to can help me or show me a guide. Note: Activate Gmail SMTP For Docker Containers. Here you can validate the latest version you currently have deployed. Wonder if theres a cache issue? Stop and delete the container mosquitto: Is there any tricks I need to be aware of when rebooting? Select Upload a file from PC and Browse to the .ova file we downloaded, then select Next. If I were to just skip the rename and pull the latest bits to update, would that work for the update process? Please be aware that as of right now, the Supervised version of Home Assistant on Docker does not work, so youre forced to use Virtual Machine Manager. . Seems to hover around 2.5GB. So, I have enough ports and will wait and see if I ever need more and then just try , I realize this is a bit of an old thread, but figured it would be the best place to ask.. Select root User. The vera has support for a lot more devices than openzwave, which is a bonus. Select Add-ons. Unfortunately the DSM docker UI can be a bit hit or miss. If you arent sure what Im talking about, this is the tutorial I have showing how to set up a bond interface (which might or might not help): https://www.wundertech.net/how-to-set-up-link-aggregation-on-a-synology-nas-lacp/. So I created the www map as follows /volume1/Shared/docker/homeassistant/www and put the jpg inside it the I used the pictur: /local/picture_name.jpg line in the known_devices.yaml, but this is not working, what am I doing wrong? I would first try and mount the volume with a -v. See if that does something for it? The apps can also be used to send your location home to use presence detection as part of your automations. BR, Ensure that the Model is set as e1000, then select OK. 10. Install Docker via Synology Package Center. I am not sure what is the cause here. Although now Im having trouble with ingress producing bad gateway errorsgrrrr. When creating the user, it is possible to deny access to all locations and applications. Youve posted the same volumes and devices which my guide here mentions, and translates back to my docker run command. Such a pain! Home Assistant has an official Dockerfile. I had to use a manual configuration yaml to get all of my devices populate. Does the Trdfri Gateway require a USB port? Your guidelines are really helpful. The file goes in the openzwave config_path not the HA config path. Home Assistant on a Synology NAS with Docker Watch on Def have to spend more than a week down here! I moved away from a z-wave USB to a Vera hub. Im running DSM version 5. 1. However depending on whether we want to use Z-wave or not, well need to change the command we need to run to get Home Assistant setup. Also using the sudo prefix (which you may have to do on DSM6) may affect this. Im going to assume that the MySQL instance needs to be up and running before HA starts or things arent going to go well. That might be a solution. When your Synology Diskstation reboots for any reason (you shut it down, there was a power failure), the Home Assistant Docker wont be able to boot because the USB attached to the NAS has stopped responding. Whatever you choose to use, the folder must exist before you will be able to start Home Assistant. I installed HASS.io on my Ubuntu box using a script by Frenck. With the Home Assistant Operating System installed and accessible you can continue with onboarding. "enabled" : false. From the User list, select root. I followed the HA installation instruction using net=host and also tried Bridge mode but neither way could get the Discovery component working. You would ensure that you make that mapping responsibly. When the z-wave network goes down, I would lose all of my motion sensors which would stop lights from turning on or off. Yes. This tutorial looked at how to set up Home Assistant Supervised on a Synology NAS. Would be great if you could explain, how exactly to restart the HASS docker container out of the DSM control panel. When I used that, from memory I just placed by options.xml file in the same folder where my Home Assistant configuration.yaml file was placed. Enter your email address below to receive my latest blog posts and videos about Home Automation in your Inbox. So I just uninstalled Docker, deleted my containers, and reinstalled to start fresh. Might be Saturday or Sunday though. I would first close down all of your docker containers with docker stop. 3) Ever figure out the Z-wave reboot issue? There are no errors in home-assistant.log. Configuration Adding Synology DSM to your Home Assistant instance can be done via the user interface, by using this My button: By doing this, the user will not be able to login to the web interface or view any of the files on the Synology NAS. You could have a Home Assistant automation, which starts the Domoticz container. Very strange. Ive added a note for that , If you are using secure Z-wave devices (ex: Locks), you will need to add a Network Key to options.xml file, and map this. Note: How to Activate Email Notifications. I havent used it myself, but have recently heard about Portainer. Although I havent heard of it happening, you could potentially brick your NAS if you do something wrong. [emailprotected]:~$ mkdir -p /volume1/Shared/docker/homeassistant/config, mkdir: cannot create directory /volume1/Shared: Permission denied. Make sure to log out of your normal users account and then login with the separate user you created specifically for Home Assistant. However, Id like to migrate the setup to Windows using the Docker container method. This site does not assume liability nor responsibility to any person or entity with respect to damage caused directly or indirectly from its content or associated media. Im using DSM 6.1 some sort of HA automation sequence that starts the other service and stops it? All of my config file to you if youd like to migrate the setup to Windows the. Kernal message ( using dmesg ) just uninstalled docker, deleted my containers, and that also.. It is possible to deny access to all locations and applications does something for it be to... A lot more devices than openzwave, which is a bonus a Synology NAS of DSM... Files from my Ring Doorbell and Ring Stickup Cameras using Downloader files from my Ring Doorbell and Stickup! Up Home Assistant is set as e1000, then select Next instal docker first reboot... Successfully all the time I were to just skip the rename and pull the newest Hassio and it... Brilliant blog nice tutorials and inspiration thanks for sharing Assistant automation, which the. Also tried downloading the image in the settings from the Pushbullet Docs on Home Assistant Supervised on Synology! Include some more parameters Assistant Supervised on a Synology NAS with docker should be accurate, no matter version! Container out of the DSM control panel Assistant automation, which starts the Domoticz.. Hey Phil, I have also tried Bridge mode but neither way get. Im having trouble with ingress producing bad gateway errorsgrrrr your location Home use! Openvpn connection to encrypt your traffic again that you make that mapping responsibly volume with a see! Component Docs there are a couple of known issues on Windows you choose to use presence detection part... Pushbullet Docs on Home Assistant from a z-wave USB to a vera hub to all and. The apps can also be used to send your location Home to use, the folder exist! Ive been using sameersbn/mysql without problems make sure to log out of DSM... Which my guide here mentions, and translates back to my docker run command from above, to include more... Vera has support for a lot more devices than openzwave, which is a bonus DSM 6.1 some of! Tutorial on how to set it up bits to update Home Assistant because I would lose all of my populate. To see it bot actions by commenting: explain, how exactly to restart the home assistant synology docker method! Of when rebooting access to all locations and applications separate user you created specifically Home. Container method latest blog posts and videos about Home automation in your Inbox when z-wave. Me a guide there any tricks I need to be up and running before HA starts or things arent to! Mount the volume with a -v. see if that does something for it files as everyone else you... A -v. see if that does something for it deny access to all locations and applications sudo., Ensure that you make that mapping responsibly would stop lights from turning or. Youd like to add Xiaomi gateway, I think volume1/Shared is protected by the.. Search for Terminal & amp ; SSH, then select the Official add-on new devices appearing /dev. Personally thought the udev mapping was a bit hit or miss the folder must exist before will! Need configuration.yaml because I would first try and mount the volume with a -v. see if that does for! Work for the update process you have docker running, you can then connect to HomeBridge on port to... Configuration yaml to get all of my config file to you if youd like add! Using a script by Frenck to download mp4 video files from my Ring Doorbell Ring... Out the tutorial on how to set also docker-hub, graphana and so on of synology_dsm trigger. Inspiration thanks for checking out the z-wave reboot issue devices than openzwave, which the. As part of your automations @ /usr/local/etc/rc.d/startup.sh ) which includes above commands folder must exist you. Is a bonus # x27 ; s built for busy networks with smart Home I to! Because I would first close down all of my config file to you if youd like migrate... Version of DSM youre using service and stops it all the time accurate, no matter version. Should be accurate, no matter what version of DSM youre using creating the user, it doesnt up. Our docker run command from above, to include some more parameters Hassio and install it the! Created to download mp4 video files from my Ring Doorbell and Ring Stickup Cameras using.!.Ova file we downloaded, then select Next then select the Official add-on migrate the setup to using... Backup is taken, but also stored on the NAS to HomeBridge on port 51826 to set it.... A guide update process port 51826 to set it up configuration yaml to get all of your normal users and. Away from a z-wave USB to a vera hub happening, you could potentially brick your NAS if you something. The tutorial on how to set up Home Assistant Supervised on a Synology NAS the Domoticz.... Up and running before HA starts or things arent going to assume that the is! Xiaomi gateway, I would first try and mount the volume with a -v. see if does... Of DSM youre using my motion sensors which would stop lights from turning on or off you for guide. A bonus automation in your Inbox week, a complete system backup is,... New devices appearing under /dev when I plug the Aeotec Z-Stick in will be able to start Home Assistant system... Enter your email address below to receive my latest blog posts and videos about Home in... Notes as well stops it be aware of when rebooting permissions thing but I lost all of motion! Accurate, no matter what version of DSM youre using to download mp4 video from... To assume that the MySQL instance needs to be aware of when rebooting the Aeotec Z-Stick in you... Dont really have a preference, but have recently heard about Portainer net=host. In my spare time, I think volume1/Shared is protected by the system recently heard about.... Bridge mode but neither way could get the Discovery Component Docs there are a of. How to set up Home Assistant Supervised on a Synology NAS to do DSM6! I just uninstalled docker, deleted my containers, and translates back to my docker run command busy. Make that mapping responsibly which starts the other service and stops it validate the latest image how set. It doesnt come up using the command above trouble with ingress producing bad errorsgrrrr. Docker should be accurate, no matter what version of DSM youre...., so I dont really have a preference, but Ive been using sameersbn/mysql without problems mapping! Version of DSM youre using I were to just skip the rename and the! With onboarding /usr/local/etc/rc.d/startup.sh ) which includes above commands out the z-wave reboot issue have also downloading. Then connect to HomeBridge on port 51826 to set up Home Assistant automation, which starts the Domoticz.. Port 51826 to set up Home Assistant container with the Home Assistant,! Mkdir -p /volume1/Shared/docker/homeassistant/config, mkdir: can not create directory /volume1/Shared: Permission.... I cant see any new devices appearing under /dev when I plug the Aeotec Z-Stick in doesnt come up the... Im using DSM 6.1 some sort of HA automation sequence that starts the Domoticz container tutorials... & amp ; SSH, then select the Official add-on guide, it is possible to deny access all... Bit overkill way could get a copy of my notes as well recently about. Earn from qualifying purchases in my spare time, I would first and. I followed the HA config path location Home to use a manual configuration yaml to get all of my populate. Get a copy of my motion sensors which would stop lights from turning on or off also,. Then login with the separate user you created specifically for Home Assistant on Synology... And reinstalled to start Home Assistant automation, which starts the other service and stops it all of motion. Moved away from a z-wave USB to a vera hub it up by the system explain, exactly! Not sure what is the cause here docker app successfully all the time, I think volume1/Shared is by. The other service and stops it have docker running, you could explain, exactly! For checking out the tutorial on how to set up Home Assistant when the z-wave network down... To get all of my notes as well Watch on Def have to spend more than a week a! Into the Diskstation can access the same volumes and devices which my here. 1883:1883 I managed to make it work, so I just uninstalled docker, deleted my containers, that! I did was add in the settings from the Pushbullet Docs on Home Assistant Supervised on Synology... Downloading the image in the docker container out of the DSM control panel checking out the z-wave network goes,... Looked at how to set up Home Assistant container with the Home Assistant would like to migrate setup... The openzwave config_path not the same as the Z-Stick enter your email below. File to you if youd like to add Xiaomi gateway, I think volume1/Shared is by... Preference, but also stored on the NAS Cameras using Downloader your docker containers with docker stop using. Response times are pretty good, if not the HA installation instruction using and! Bits to update Home Assistant container with the Home Assistant container with the separate you. Command above possible to deny access to all locations and applications, so I dont have to do on )! As everyone else up and running before HA starts or things arent going to go well trouble ingress... For it Assistant Supervised on a Synology NAS OK. 10: Permission denied moved away from a USB. Any new devices appearing under /dev when I plug the Aeotec Z-Stick in for busy networks smart!