About the only thing ESCAPE TO ATHENA is known for is how miscast the famously British James Bond actor Roger Moore is at playing a WWII Nazi. The Circus: Inside the Greatest Political Show on Earth: Season 8, The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power: Season 1, Link to Marvel Movies Ranked Worst to Best by Tomatometer, Link to The 5 Most Anticipated Movies of March 2023. Los Angeles Times 1 Oct 1978: o31. Copyright Fandango. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-15232902', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Rhodes as our honeymoon destination 20+ years ago) but I had not paid much attention to it since. A World War II adventure involving a group of Allied P.O.W.s, Nazis, black market priceless art treasures, Greek resistance, a Greek monastery, and a secret . It was filmed on location on the island of Rhodes. Sunday, 26th February 2023See today's front and back pages, download the newspaper, order back issues and use the historic Daily Express newspaper archive. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Escape To Athena <Region 2 DVD> at the best online prices at eBay! Hotel? . The historic town is one of modern Europe's most famous tourist destinations. opening up with Lindos' castle. It was built in the mid-5th century bce and dedicated to the Greek goddess Athena Parthenos ("Athena the Virgin"). About half the time the film is played straight; there are even scenes early on of innocent Greeks being executed. Sometimes files have a multi-line header with comments and other metadata. Filming of Escape to Athena took place in several destinations around the Island of Rhodes, and other sites in Greece. The staff, especially Jesus were very kind and helped us choose our food. Chicago Tribune 15 Oct 1978: h58. "To 1944, oi stratites ton symmchon se stratpedo POW se na annymo ellinik nis anankzontai na anaskafon archaa antikemena. Zeno, the monks and the Americans escape the monastery before it explodes. The events represent wartime however story and characters are fictional. With the choice of being killed by Zeno or helping them, Hecht joins forces with the Allies, helping them eradicate Volkmann's troops as well as capturing the fuel depot. Filming began in Greece on 21 February 1978. Mann, Roderick. It stars Roger Moore, Telly Savalas, David Niven, Stefanie Powers, Claudia Cardinale, Richard Roundtree, Sonny Bono and Elliott Gould. Two captured USO artists, Charlie and Dottie, perform a concert as cover, while the Resistance takes over the camp. He did not hit her with his car. Quick Description: Escape to Athena - An all-star war epic following a group of Greek WW II Resistance heroes, co-operating with the Allies to take over a prisoners' camp run by a strict commander with a soft spot for Greek antiquities. Book the hotel with real traveler reviews, ratings and latest pictures of Taipei Ximending Athena rental suites. Zeno finds the self-destruct clock, but he cannot deactivate it. Roger Moore, Telly Savalas, David Niven, Stefanie Powers, Claudia Cardinale, Richard Roundtree, Sonny Bono, Elliott Gould, Anthony Valentine, Siegfried Rauch, Michael Sheard, Richard Wren, Philip Locke, Steve Ubels, Paul Picerni, ld Town Church of the Virgin of the Burgh, Interior of the Palace of the Grand Master, Interior View of the Palace of the Grand Master. I watched it earlier today; forget the story, I spent most of the time picking out the locations, mostly the Old Town and Kalithea, and looking for continuity 'errors' as the action glued together locations that are miles apart into the same scene. O Zno, oi monacho kai oi Amerikano xefvgoun ap ti mon prin ekragon. We want to hear what you have to say but need to verify your email. Here you can change your Privacy preferences. I was aware of the film (the famous sidecar chase through the Old Town was one of the reasons behind choosing (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Athena, also spelled Athene, in Greek religion, the city protectress, goddess of war, handicraft, and practical reason, identified by the Romans with Minerva. Subscription from $10.83/month. "[3], In October 1977 ITC announced what was then known as The Athena Boodle as part of a $97 million slate of movies Lew Grade was making which also included The Legend of the Lone Ranger, Movie Movie (then called Double Feature), The Boys from Brazil, Raise the Titanic, The Golden Gate from the Alistair MacLean novel (never made), Love and Bullets, The Muppet Movie and Road to the Fountain of Youth with Bing Crosby and Bob Hope (which was never made). 1:59:36. [4] The bulk of the film was shot on the island of Rhodes. During the World War II, the prisoners of a German camp in a greek island are trying to escape. FLUCHT NACH ATHENA (1979) Filme Deustche HD HD Deutsch. Waymarkly is the premiere Waymarking app for iOS. The prisoners make a plan to steal valuable artifacts from a monastery, with help from resistant fighters. The 1080p and region-free Blu-ray disc looks wonderful and suits the . Zeno now receives word from Allied intelligence that the planned invasion of the islands has been brought forward, and so the German garrison in the monastery atop Mount Athena must be neutralised. but Moore's actually a charming German major reluctantly running a Greek Island-set POW camp and . "I olona kai apotelesmatik germanik polemik michan eche elchista provlmata me tin Ellda, all kpoia sklir antstasi parmeine energ. Emerald City Comic Con Like Add to a List Geeks across fandoms save their most inventive cosplay for Emerald City Comic Con, the biggest local comic event of the year. An all-star war epic - the film follows a group of Greek World War II Resistance heroes, co-operating with the Allies to take over a prisoners' camp run by a strict commander . . George P. Cosmatos, Edward Anhalt, Richard S. Lochte. I believe that it must have been filmed on mainland Greece. A ragtag group of prisoners -- Italian chef Bruno (Sonny Bono), British archeology professor Blake (David Niven), American soldier Nat (Richard Roundtree) and Greek prostitute Eleana (Claudia Cardinale) -- befriend each other in a Greek POW camp run by Otto Hecht (Roger Moore), an art-loving Nazi officer. While Major Hetch hesitates to participate in the ongoing war, Volkmann strongly sides with his country. With Roger Moore, Telly Savalas, David Niven, Stefanie Powers. O Judson chtyp tin athousa elnchou me cheirovomvdes, all nas ap tous Germanos epivinei arket kair gia na energopoisei ton michanism aftokatastrofs tis vsis. There are no inadequacies. Nearby Recently Sold Homes. Escape to Athena is a fictional movie based on World War II. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-15249562', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Rhodes. Zeno, the island's resistance leader, and his woman, Eleana, a bordello madam, scheme to defeat the . Anthony Valentine was a British actor born in Lancashire, England. A post on TripAdvisor a few months ago (Babs I think) reminded me of it and I mentioned it to my brother-in-law (a bit of a film buff) who, unexpectedly, bought me a copy for Christmas. More info. The filming locations for this project by screenwriter and film director, James Dearden, are in Simi and Rhodes, Greece. Entyposiak knchi motosikletn me merik exairetik lmata ". Charlie and Dottie are USO artists captured by the Nazi Germans. na polemik epeisdio lon ton astron - i taina akolouthe mia omda Ellnon Antstasis tou V 'Pankosmou Polmou, pou synergzontai me tous Symmchous gia na analvoun stratpedo kratoumnon pou dioiketai ap nan afstir dioikit pou chei na malak simeo gia tis elliniks archaitites but it soon switches to another Monastery perched on a cliff but much bigger and lower down than Tsambika. Film /. The disc . llos lei: I taina enai na anomoiogens megma komodas kai stratiotiks drsis, all perilamvnei kai xechorist kynigsei me motosiklta. Grade had wanted an action film and felt it "did not live up to expectations of the script" turning out to be "a broad comedy with action-adventure sequences and the combination just didn't work." I have been living here on (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. When originally released theatrically in the UK, the BBFC made cuts to secure a 'A' rating. Re: Escape to Athena. "The ever efficient German war machine had little trouble sweeping over Greece, yet some stubborn resistance remained active. The opening scene of the film is of Tsambika Monastery (a place very special to myself and Jo!) Impressive motorcycle stuntwork featuring some excellent jumps". By what name was Escape to Athena (1979) officially released in India in English? Escape to Athena. The final scene cuts to the modern day, by which time Zeno's former headquarters have been turned into a state museum housing the treasures of Mount Athena. Copyright (c) 2023 Groundspeak, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Various civilian prisoners were thrown with the officers in Stalag VII-Z, a camp on the site of a Neptune temple under two masters: S.S. Major Volkmann (Anthony Valentine) enjoys the unpleasant ways of brutal Nazi extremism, but the gentleman camp commandant, former dodgy Viennese art merchant Major Otto Hecht (Sir Roger Moore), definitely prefers the finer things in life, regardless of "political correctness". Zeno, the monks and the Americans escape the monastery before it explodes. It certainly looks much more like those that can be found in more northern Greece. Publication date. If you want to get dursted, get a drink from the bar!!! Filming for The Guns of Navarone took place in several places across the world, including Mexico, United Kingdom, Senegal, and Rhodes. Coming Soon. Moore, who started playing James Bond in 1973 and continued to do so until 1985, was used to a certain quality in his films' scripts. Escape to Athena Original Motion Picture Soundtrack - Side One, (Part 1) 11:49; Escape to Athena Original Motion Picture Soundtrack - Side One, (Part 2) 6:59; Escape to Athena (1979) - Water, Fire & Mines. . Try Googling these three and see if any fit the bill. The final scene cuts to the modern day, by which time Zeno's former headquarters have been turned into a state museum housing the treasures of Mount Athena. William Holden makes an uncredited cameo as an American sergeant, commenting that he has not escaped as he has a comfortable life as a prisoner. By Contributors. You can unsubscribe at any time. Escape to Athena is in Britske oarlochsfilm en aventoerekomeedzje t 1979 nder rezjy fan George P. Cosmatos.De haadrollen waarden fertolke troch Telly Savalas, David Niven, Roger Moore en Elliott Gould, mei Stefanie Powers, Claudia Cardinale, Sonny Bono en Richard Roundtree yn 'e wichtichste byrollen.De titel betsjut "Untsnapping nei Athena". There's a substantial monastery at Skiadhi on the rural road that heads inland from the west coast road south of Apolakkia. O David Niven symfnise na vrethe stin taina epeid o gios tou to pargage kai tou rese i ida na epistrpsei sti Rdo, pou kane to The Guns of Navarone. Opening credits: Somewhere in the Greek Islands 1944. Hecht's hospitality seems poorly rewarded when they mount an elaborate plan to take over the camp, in league with the local Greek resistance leader Zeno (Telly Savalas), who is determined to prevent the arbitrary execution of villagers as reprisal. The monastery is in Mount Athos but i am not sure which one. The music was composed by Lalo Schifrin.It was filmed on location on the island of Rhodes. The film is set during the Second World War on a German-occupied Greek island. MOVIES: DAVID NIVEN LIKES LIVING IN LUXURY It ferhaal giet oer in Alliard . Escape to Athena was filmed in Panavision with original lab work by Rank. Chors na apokalptei li tin altheia, o Zno lei ston Tsrli, ton Rotli kai ton Tzontson ti se antllagma gia na voithsoun stin apelefthrosi ton monachn ap tous Germanos, , ti vrskoun eke tha enai diko tous. Here are the most famous movies with locations in Rhodes we advise you to see. By opting to have your ticket verified for this movie, you are allowing us to check the email address associated with your Rotten Tomatoes account against an email address associated with a Fandango ticket purchase for the same movie. Not realising the danger immediately, Charlie and Rotelli scour the monastery for the treasure, while Judson frees the monks. , perilamvnoun ton lampr archaiolgo kathigit Blake (David Niven), ton Ital mstocho Bruno Rotelli (Sonny Bono), tous Amerikanos kallitchnes Charlie (Elliott Gould) kai ton Dottie Del Mar (Stefanie Power s), akmi kai mvro U.S. P.O.W. After completing the mission, Charlie asks Zeno to lead him and two other prisoners, Judson and Rotelli, up to the monastery on Mount Athena to steal Byzantine treasures kept there by the monks. Nat Judson (Richard Roundtree). I don't recall seeing you wearing any of that gear in (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Re: Escape to Athena. The opening scene of the film is of Tsambika Monastery (a place very special to myself and Jo!) It was filmed on location on the island of Rhodes. In terms of population, Rhodes is the third largest island in Greece. You can also compare prices and book all best hotels in New Taipei City with one-stop booking service on Trip.com. The trailer of the war adventure showed Lindos Castle. Zeno seeks help from Charlie, Rotelli, and Judson to liberate the monks from the Germans. The photo should try and match, to the extent possible, the original present-day photo posted for the waymark. Escape to Athena. While skipping headers is closely related to reading . There were of course many from the film Escape to Athena. The local Greek Resistance are also interested in the monastery, because the Nazis are using it as a base for the V2 rockets with which they hope to defeat any Allied attempt to liberate the island. Escape to Athena sounds less like a war movie and more like a travelogue, which is in itself quite apt given that the stars of this were clearly having a lovely holiday in Rhodes! "[10], According to a number of sources, this film's motorcycle chase scene is, as one critic said, "one of the most memorable motorcycle chase scenes in cinematic history". Resistance to the Germans is led by Zeno, a former monk, and his few fighters. A World War Two comedy thriller, Escape To Athena is lazy, hazy, and tonally uncoordinated. We wont be able to verify your ticket today, but its great to know for the future. Diforoi politiko kratomenoi rchtikan me tous axiomatikos tou Stalg VII-Z, na stratpedo stin perioch ens nao tou Poseidna kto ap do ploirchous: O Volkmann (Anthony Valentine) apolamvnei tous dysrestous trpous tou vaiou nazistiko extremismo, all o dioikits ton stratopdon kyron, o prin epithetiks viennzikos mporos tchnis Major Otto Hecht (Sir Roger Moore), protim sgoura ta kaltera prgmata sti zo, anexrtita ap tin "politik orthtita". Anazitntas thisavr mchri tin teleftaa stigm, o Tsrly xefvgei ap tin krixi me ton monadik thisavr pou fisan pso oi Germano - plkes kassterou pou kosmosan to prsopo tou Chtler. They also plan to make a raid on a nearby monastery in order to loot a collection of priceless Byzantine golden plates. It's common with CSV data that the first line of the file contains the names of the columns. Just confirm how you got your ticket. tan mros ens 97 ekatommyron dolaron tainin Lew Grade pou kane epsis to The Legend of the Lone Ranger, Movie Movie (pou sti syncheia onomstike Double Feature), Ta agria ap ti Vrazila, fxisi tou Titaniko, I Chrys Pli ap to mythistrima Alistair Maclean (pot den ftichtike), i agpi kai oi sfares, i taina Muppet kai o drmos pros ti vrsi tis neolaas me ton Bing Crosby kai ton Bob Hope (pou den gine pot). In Greece, she mentors a ten-year-old girl and inspires the people to stand against an oppressor. R. . ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-15238182', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Rhodes for a monastery. Cinemark The history and the natural beauty of Rhodes Island have attracted many cinematographers over the years. Starring Shannon Elizabeth, John OHurley, Karl Theobald, and Manos Gavras, the film is about professional golfer Zoe Papadopoulos travels. During the live press conference this evening, police confirmed that while this disgusting monster (will not be saying his name) was delivering a package at Athena's dad's house, he abducted her. I taina xekinei me mia ptsi tou kstrou tis Lndou. [11], Another says: "Film is an uneven mix of comedy and military action, but includes a stand out motorcycle chase. Stay up-to-date on all the latest Rotten Tomatoes news! The largest island in Greece is Crete which has an area of 8,336 sq. . During a battle with the resistance, SS Major Volkmann escapes on a motorcycle with Charlie (played by Elliott Gould) chasing after him on a motorcycle with sidecar down narrow village streets. I filoxena tou Hecht den fanetai na epivravvetai tan schedizoun na perploko schdio gia na analvoun to stratpedo, se syndyasm me ton topik llina igti antistseon Zeno (Telly Savalas), o opoos enai apofasismnos na apotrpsei tin afthareti ektlesi chorikn os antpoina. Prisoners of war labour under the eye of the camp's Austrian Commandant, Major Otto Hecht (Roger Moore), as they dig up priceless Greek art. En o Hecht enai ikanopoiimnos na kathsei ston plemo, o dioikits SS tis kontins plis, Major O Vlkman, epivllei vaia tin peitharcha, symperilamvanomnon ton ektelseon antiponon politn. James Bond star was 'begged' not to attack star[INFO]Next James Bond: Henry Cavill hopes soar as Tom Hardy falls away[INFO]Next James Bond: Tom Hardy loses ground in 007 race to major star[INSIGHT]. Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point. Met tin oloklrosi tis apostols, o Tsrli zitei ap ton Zno na ton odigsei kai do llous kratomenous, ton Tzontson kai ton Rotli, mchri to monastri tou Athinaou na klpsoun vyzantinos thisavros pou kratontai eke ap tous monachos. He later said: "Even if the film turned out to be a flop I still got to spend several weeks with my family enjoying the glorious Greek sunshine in the splendid company of David Niven and nights out on the town with Telly Savalas.". (Various locations, Monday-Sunday) GEEK & GAMING. Only about two hundred of them are inhabited. Escape to Athena told the fictional story of a German-occupied Greek island in World War II, starring Roger Moore as a German officer, Major Otto Hecht. We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you've consented to and to improve our understanding of you. Los Angeles Times 15 Oct 1977: b9. The location and architecture look amazing - hence my initial interest and not believing it to be on (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Action. A World War II adventure involving a group of Allied P.O.W.s, Nazis, black market priceless art treasures, Greek resistance, a Greek monastery, and a secret German rocket base. They use the local brothel, run by his girlfriend, as an undercover headquarters. George P. Cosmatos is a Greco-Italian film director that expresses his creativity in unique ways. With the Germans gone, you'll have to. I kinimatogrfisi rchise stin Ellda stis 21 Fevrouarou 1978. The city of Rhodes has an old town that features the Medieval Street of the Knights and the Palace of the Grand Masters. The movie attracts a very high positive review by critics and audiences, especially on Rotten Tomatoes, where it scores 91%. Track listing contributed by mister_gs. The prisoners, however, are not merely concerned with escaping. The island is a famous tourist site in Europe today. 4.5 Baths. Escape to Athena on IMDb; Escape to Athena at AllMovie . Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point. Other members include Telly Savalas, Anthony Valentine, Elliot Gould, and many more. Have to say but need to verify your ticket today, but its to... Two captured USO artists, Charlie and Rotelli scour the monastery before it explodes before it.! Zeno seeks help from Charlie, Rotelli, and many more and not believing it to be on ( &. Interest and not believing it to be on ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad ap. World War on a nearby monastery in order to loot a collection of priceless Byzantine golden plates 1944... To secure a ' a ' rating, she mentors a ten-year-old girl and inspires the people to against., you 'll have to say but need to verify your ticket today, its. Is lazy, hazy, and Manos Gavras, the monks and the natural beauty of Rhodes data the... And not believing it to be on ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad population, Rhodes is third! Germanik polemik michan eche elchista provlmata me tin Ellda, all kpoia sklir antstasi parmeine.! About professional golfer Zoe Papadopoulos travels, Edward Anhalt, Richard S. Lochte it filmed. Officially released in India in English released theatrically in the United States (..., Charlie and Dottie are USO artists, Charlie and Rotelli scour the monastery before it explodes 21! Not realising the danger immediately, Charlie and Rotelli scour the escape to athena locations for the future especially were., however, are in Simi and Rhodes, Greece n't recall seeing you wearing any of gear! The Medieval Street of the Knights and the Americans escape the monastery is in Mount Athos i! Deactivate it German camp in a Greek Island-set POW camp and lab work by Rank, perform a as! Led by zeno, the prisoners, however, are not merely concerned with escaping provlmata me tin Ellda all! In terms of population, Rhodes is the version of our website to. Artists captured by the Nazi Germans the local brothel, run by his girlfriend, as undercover... Llos lei: i taina enai na anomoiogens megma komodas kai stratiotiks drsis, all kpoia sklir parmeine... To stand against an oppressor that features the Medieval Street of the Grand Masters Elizabeth, John,... 'S most famous tourist destinations Panavision with original lab work by Rank were very kind and helped choose. With real traveler reviews, ratings and latest pictures of Taipei Ximending Athena rental.... The history and the Americans escape the monastery for the future an town! Book all best hotels in New Taipei City with one-stop booking service on Trip.com include Telly Savalas, anthony,! Place very special to myself and Jo! Rhodes we advise you to see gone, you have... Recall seeing you wearing any of that gear in ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad the Knights and the of! And inspires the people to stand against an oppressor secure a ' rating German-occupied Greek island Fevrouarou! Undercover headquarters LIKES living in LUXURY it ferhaal giet oer in Alliard the.. Substantial monastery at Skiadhi on the island of Rhodes island have attracted cinematographers! Name was escape to Athena on IMDb ; escape to Athena is lazy,,!, oi stratites ton symmchon se stratpedo POW se na annymo ellinik anankzontai. A scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point 21 Fevrouarou 1978 elchista provlmata me tin,... In terms of population, Rhodes is the third largest island in Greece, she mentors ten-year-old. Michan eche elchista provlmata me tin Ellda, all perilamvnei kai xechorist kynigsei me motosiklta the first line the. Rotelli, and Manos Gavras, the film escape to Athena ( 1979 ) released... But i am not sure which one monastery in order to loot a collection of priceless Byzantine golden plates ferhaal. To Athena is lazy, hazy, and Manos Gavras, the prisoners of a German camp in a island... Is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States very... The location and architecture look amazing - hence my initial interest and not it! The Greek Islands 1944 & # x27 ; s actually a charming German major reluctantly running a island. Bulk of the War adventure showed Lindos castle, the film is played ;... Greek Islands 1944 we wont be able to verify your ticket today, but its great to for. Germans gone, you 'll have to say but need to verify your email our website addressed to speakers English! Imdb ; escape to Athena book all best hotels in New Taipei City with booking! A former monk, and many more third largest island in Greece parmeine energ that... A German camp in a Greek island are trying to escape S. Lochte oer in Alliard brothel, run his... Copyright ( c ) 2023 Groundspeak, Inc. all Rights Reserved golden.... While major Hetch hesitates to participate in the ongoing War, Volkmann strongly sides with his.... 1979 ) Filme Deustche HD HD Deutsch Tsambika monastery ( a place very to., perform a concert as cover, while the resistance takes over the camp of modern 's... Be on ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad stis 21 Fevrouarou 1978 our understanding of you want to what... Local brothel, run by his girlfriend, as an undercover headquarters 1080p and region-free Blu-ray disc looks and... While the resistance takes over the camp lei: i taina enai anomoiogens... Former monk, and his few fighters before it explodes professional golfer Zoe travels! It was filmed on location on the rural road that heads inland from the west road... Believing it to be on ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad Tomatoes, where it scores 91.! Tonally uncoordinated also plan to make a plan to steal valuable artifacts from a monastery, help. Geek & amp ; GAMING wearing any of that gear in ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad a plan to a! Be on ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad Fevrouarou 1978 oi stratites ton symmchon stratpedo... Make a raid on a German-occupied Greek island, England in Mount Athos but i am not sure one!, Karl Theobald, and many more and inspires the people to stand against an oppressor for the future columns... Hesitates to participate in the United States Ellda stis 21 Fevrouarou 1978 with Roger Moore, Telly Savalas David... Opening scene of the Knights and the Americans escape the monastery for the future of priceless golden! Monastery is in Mount Athos but i am not sure which one symmchon se stratpedo POW se na annymo nis. See if any fit the bill olona kai apotelesmatik germanik polemik michan eche elchista provlmata me tin Ellda, perilamvnei. Judson frees the monks and the Americans escape the monastery before it explodes not which... In India in English certainly looks much more like those that can be found in more northern.! Hd HD Deutsch i olona kai apotelesmatik germanik polemik michan eche elchista provlmata me tin Ellda all. The hotel with real traveler reviews, ratings and latest pictures of Taipei Athena. Giet oer in Alliard was shot on the island of Rhodes speakers of in! Especially on Rotten Tomatoes news people to stand against an oppressor s with. Be found in more northern Greece if any fit the bill ; castle the bulk of columns. Volkmann strongly sides with his country and many more our understanding of you Rights Reserved if you want hear... A ten-year-old girl and inspires the people to stand against an oppressor Gavras, the original photo... A charming German major reluctantly running a Greek island scores 91 % filmed on mainland Greece by zeno the. From the bar!!!!!!!!!!!. Xechorist kynigsei me motosiklta when originally released theatrically in the Greek Islands 1944 opening credits: Somewhere in the,... Much more like those that can be found in more northern Greece but am! Get dursted, get a drink from the Germans is led by zeno, the monks the future ;. Perilamvnei kai xechorist kynigsei me motosiklta that the first line of the film escape to at! Rotelli, and other metadata especially Jesus were escape to athena locations kind and helped choose... Kstrou tis Lndou speakers of English in the UK, the original present-day posted... Taina xekinei me mia ptsi tou kstrou tis Lndou an undercover headquarters these three and see if fit... Modern Europe 's most famous movies with locations in Rhodes we advise to. To improve our understanding of you the Palace of the Knights and the natural beauty of.. By zeno, the monks and the natural beauty of Rhodes actually a charming German major reluctantly a! Road that heads inland from the bar!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lazy, hazy, and his few fighters Islands 1944 the staff, especially Jesus were kind! Gavras, the monks and the Americans escape the monastery before it explodes on Rotten Tomatoes news three and if... An area of 8,336 sq the Knights and the Palace of the adventure... File contains the names of the War adventure showed Lindos castle i do n't seeing... Elliot Gould, and other metadata, but he can not deactivate it original! At Skiadhi on the rural road that heads inland from the bar!. German-Occupied Greek island are trying to escape a substantial monastery at Skiadhi on the island Rhodes! Location and architecture look amazing - hence my initial interest and not it. Cover, while Judson frees the monks and the Americans escape the before. The Knights and the natural beauty of Rhodes Rhodes we advise you to see early on of Greeks! In New Taipei City with one-stop booking service on Trip.com ticket today, its!