I used Dixie Belle Vintage Duck Egg on 2 cabinets for a laundry room. Please try again. With Dixie Belle Paint no sanding or priming is required before painting, if you would like to prep the piece before hand you can use our Slick Stick or BOSS. We have heavy use with kids. This paint is so great! . I dont recommend applying more than 3 coats. Allow at least two hours of dry time in between coats. Apply one coat of Patina Paint, let dry. Optimally use Gator Hide for heavily used furniture exposed to lots of traffic, water or scratches. But please contact me if you have problems with your order. $3.00. To use Gator Hide: Allow your finished piece to completely dry. Sorry, no exceptions. Regular price $24.95 Belles and Whistles Silkscreen Stencils . Dixie Belle Shine is a fun way to SHINE UP your piece. Yes, you can apply clear coat after the wax has cured. Annie Sloan makes a traditional oil-based wax. No, Dixie Belle does not allow deliveries to PO Boxes. As with anything involving the kiddies, we recommend exercising caution when it comes to curious chewing Have a great day and happy painting! My cabinets look awful -streaky and blurry. They are fairly durable but over time may wear off. Afterward, I applied best dang wax in black. Just choose your favorite color from our palette of 64 stunning colors, clean your creation and start painting. Three questions can help sort out which topcoat to reach for. Do not use a vintage electrical or electronic item if its safety cannot be verified. To use Gator Hide: Allow your finished. Its a good idea! Hi Shelly, BOSS is available in Clear, White, and Gray! 1. I'm sorry, orders can only cancelled up to 12 hours after your order was submitted. Add to Cart. And, the truth is that there are several product categories that provide good qualities for sealing and protecting your newly painted furniture. Informacin detallada del sitio web y la empresa: west7thwool.com, +18177315044 West 7th Wool - Make Your Own Masterpiece | Yarn, Wool and Knitting Supplies Ft. Worth I tried DB paint for the first time this weekend. Let it dry and after 2 hours, re-apply. No need to sand. Hope this helps. You can use a little aerosol hairspray to speed up the process. Abbey, Your email address will not be published. Yes! Dixie Belle Sealers (Clear Coat and Gator Hide) are water based finishes. I havent tried the spray poly yet but I plan to. You can glaze over paint or over clear coat depending on the look you want. Let it dry 2 hours and repeat this up to 3 VERY thin layers to get a water repellent finish. ? Captcha failed to load. My Dixie Belle order is wrong. Wait six hours between coats for best results. Gator Hide is a super tough top finish for highly used items. Dixie Belle's Blue Sponge is the perfect applicator for our Chalk Mineral paint, Terra Clay paint, or Silk All-In-One paint. See item details for return and exchange eligibility. Dixie Belle Clear Coat $14.95 Quantity Add to Cart Clear Coat Flat is a dream come true! I usually let my last coat of paint dry for at least 2 hours before applying a top coat. a lot of touching, placing things on top a lot) it would be best to use one of our Clear Coats If you dont want that shiny finish from our Clear Coats, we have a clear coat flat to help add protection. Ill have to try that! After the Crackle? Best Dang Wax is best applied in small amounts. Happy creating!! If you plan to paint over a waxed finish and an oil-based wax was used previously then you can repaint with chalk paint, but you may need to remove as much of the old wax as possible first. Im here to give you a few tips on how to get a smooth painted top that is sealed for durability. It is available in 64 beautiful colors, each available in three sizes: 8oz: One 8oz jar will paint a small dresser or approximately 38 square feet. Hope this helps! You can also order online! I used dixie belle fluff on an antique end table, then use bdwax in brown. I WILL MAKE IT AVAILABLE TO ORDER AS SOON AS IT IS IN STOCK AGAIN.Use this listing to purchase all of your top coat needs when painting with Dixie Belle Chalk Mineral Paint. As the wax finishes drying, it will become part of the piece. My burning question is, should I clear wax it prior to using Best Dang Wax in GG? 2. (If applying over metal, start with. I created a printable Topcoat Cheat Sheet Wax or Poly?. Simply brush on a thin layer of Gator Hide. Working in sections, use a chip brush or applicator pad and start applying the glaze to your liking. Your masterpiece will have a matte finish that can be distressed beautifully. They arent typically arent your best choice for sealing chalk paint. What do you think of the spray poly? Simply brush on a thin layer of Gator Hide. Most Dixie Belle products are water-based, meaning they all work together seamlessly! Can be sealed with any of Dixie Belles sealers, the Clear Coat is recommended. The more you build it up, the more chances you have for streaks. And no buffing! #paralyzedwithindecision. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Dixie Belle Gator Hide Topcoat-New at the best online prices at eBay! The larger the area, the more room there is to make mistakes, but it is important to seal the top of your furniture because it gets the most use! My question is whether you think the best dang wax will be sufficient enough of a sealant for the desk of a 6 year old? $3.00. . Let dry. How to apply Dixie Belle Paint Company's Gator Hide top coat to furniture for high shine and extreme durability. It comes in 8 oz, 16 oz, 32 oz and gallon. I will buy more l!!!! Apply a very thin layer of Best Dang Wax with a cloth or brush over dry Dixie Belle Paint. Available in Flat, Satin, and Gloss sheens. I hope these instructions were helpful for applying a top coat to chalk mineral paint by hand. After 2 hours re apply, let dry 2 hours and repeat this up to 3 thin layers to get the water repellant finish. One idea is that if you are planning to apply the Gator Hide to a dark painted piece, you can mix just a little of the dark paint into the Gator Hide before applying. 432 sold. Protect your pieces with a satin sheen! Easy Peasy Spray Wax provides a clear matte finish. Use Dixie Belle Sanding Sponge to gently sand between coats Let it dry 2 hours and repeat this up to 3 VERY thin layers to get a water repellent finish! Available in Flat, Satin or Gloss finishes Clear Coat Flat is a dream come true! Allow Dixie Belle Paint to dry completely. To start, I grab a small bowl, plastic spoon, and my Clear Satin. I buffed it in really well in some places and left it a bit heavier in others to accent the different features on the dresser. Dixie Belle makes water-based waxes, a line called Best Dang Wax. Also how thoroughly do you such sanding a piece of furniture befor painting? Do not store it in a baggie. You can also wet distress with 15/220 sanding sponge. I dont pour the Clear Satin into the bowl because it will pick up any residue on the rim of the jar. Etsy offsets carbon emissions from shipping and packaging on this purchase. holland and hart cheyenne new york street associated with advertising . I have DB chalk paint in manatee gray and DB best dang wax in Grunge gray left over from a previous project. They are low odor and go on so easily. And if youd like a helpful Topcoat Cheat Sheet Wax or Poly? One caveat that you will want to know about Dixie Bell Clear Coat is that they go on hazy white but dry clear! Achieve a flat, matte finish and get an added layer of protection and durability! Wrap with saran wrap or seal in a sandwich bag in between applications. Plus, spraying doesnt take as long.   United States   |   English (US)   |   $ (USD), Copyright and Intellectual Property Policy, Review how we define handmade, vintage and supplies, See a list of prohibited items and materials, remembering account, browser, and regional preferences, remembering privacy and security settings, personalized search, content, and recommendations, helping sellers understand their audience, showing relevant, targeted ads on and off Etsy. Check the instructions on the product you are using for dry times,. . For more dimension, when dry, simply add another paint color (with or without Sea Spray) or glaze of your choice, then sand! If the piece still feels waxy, then its best to get off some of that old wax first. I applied Gray best dang wax 2 days ago and it is still sticky and you can see finger prints. Or, would it be better to use a satin clear coat for this type of long term use? Most times, your 1st coat is dry by the time you are ready for the 2nd coat. Dixie Belle Glazes do just that! What is the likelihood that you will repaint this furniture piece in the near future? Please provide a shipping address that does not include a PO Box. You want a thick, brownie batter-like consistency. Avoid going back over a section already done as these topcoats dry quickly and if you try to go back over areas with your sponge or brush, you can cause bumps, streaks, and smears. Our line of chalk mineral paints has adhesive qualities designed to eliminate the need to sand, prime or prep. You can also use some odorless mineral spirits to remove the wax, but I havent tried this. Because Silk dries from the top down, while the surface may feel dry to the touch, beneath may not be adequately dry yet. Highly recommend! There are several poly topcoats that I have tried and can recommend when you are looking for a product to provide excellent protection for your chalk-painted furniture. Dixie Belle Paint Company Gator Hide (16 oz) 1,129 $4045 ($2.53/Ounce) Get it as soon as Fri, Sep 16 FREE Shipping Small Business Dixie Belle Paint Company (Satin Clear Coat) Use with Chalk Finish Furniture Paint (16oz) 500 $3045 ($1.90/Ounce) Get it as soon as Fri, Sep 16 FREE Shipping Small Business Dixie Belle Paint Company (BOSS) (8oz, Clear) info@DixieBellePaint.com. This water-based poly-acrylic is designed for high traffic areas such as cabinets, counter tops, tabletops and outdoor furniture! Thanks Again, checklist I have a handy printable for you. You will be amazed at Our Toughest Top Coat, just like the name implies, it is as tough as a Gator's Hide. You can use a dry brush to apply Gator Hide or you can use our Blue Sponge. Another good topcoat that I have recently tried is by Wise Owl. There is no need to use clear coat before using Gator Hide. Dixie Belle Chalk Mineral Paint You are now ready for paint! These waxes come in colors also, including white, black, and dark. One that provides nice durable finish is the General Finishes High Performance Topcoat in satin. We would recommend Easy Peasy Spray Wax for easy application. Our line of chalk mineral paints has adhesive qualities designed to eliminate the need to sand, prime or prep. It will dry shiny. Informacin detallada del sitio web y la empresa: blissinlove.com Bliss in love Use a small amount of wax at a time, working the wax into your furniture in a circular fashion in small sections. Beginner Chalk Painters: Check out this post for Chalk Paint Tips & Basic Info To Get Started! Yes, you can use Best Dang Wax over our Clear Coat. No sanding required first unless you have a very slick or non porous surface like glass or laminate. There was a problem calculating your shipping. Im Abbey. Use Dixie Belle Sanding Sponge to gently sand between coats. Apply another Dixie Belle Chalk Mineral paint color over the crackle. For these reasons I love a poly topcoat and will often choose them over wax. Dixie Belle Paint was born out of the belief that creating beautiful timeless pieces should be easy, unintimidating and fun. Read my full privacy and disclosure here. DIXIE BELLE GATOR HIDE is a water repellent clear coat. Im planning on putting gator hide on the top (unless you think I should use something else). For the smoothest finish try using our Blue Sponge with any of our clear coats or Gator Hide. Please contact customer service for additional assistance. Dixie Belle Gator Hide Blue Sponge, Blue Sponge, Top Coat Applicator. *By completing this form you're signing up to receive our emails and can unsubscribe at any time. You can mix wax colors to make your own uniquely colored wax. I now have three of these chip brushes and have and washed them so many times. A flat finish will give no shine, therefore totally keeping that chalky finish look but providing some protection. Hey there, I used DB Sea Glass to paint an old desk Im using as a changing table for my daughters nursery. This water-based poly-acrylic is designed for high traffic areas such as cabinets, counter tops, tabletops and outdoor furniture! As it dries, you will see the finish crack and the original paint color show through the cracks. I need to make sure this is safe for the application of a baby crib. I want to lighten it up just a tad to match a small table I think is painted the same color. While many painters will always argue that wax is best, others will argue that poly-acrylics, also called polys for short, are optimal. Hi! I will be working on a rolltop desk, and want to apply Gator Hide to the the divided shelves in the upper part of the desk. You can also leave as is, keeping the seas stormy! Etsy Purchase Protection: If you experience bleed-though, allow the first coat to dry overnight before recoating. Then I applied easy peasy wax. Dixie Belle makes a great sponge, called the Blue Gator Hide Sponge, for applying topcoats. Can I use chalk paint with just the clear best dang wax for kitchen cabinets to withstand cleaning and long term use with finger prints and food or oil stains? Darker colors usually need only one coat. Vijayanagar Sugar Pvt Limited (VSPL) is an integrated sugar factory established in the year 2009. Allow your finished piece to completely dry. See the bottom of this post for info. If you want to cover gold you might try picking up a primer like Zinsser Bullseye 1-2-3 Primer in white at your hardware store. Question: Im very new at Chalk painting. We like to use our DBP Synthetic Brushes with Gator Hide. It works really great! I use sealer before applying wax, wax comes off to touchhelp. Is it a piece of furniture that will be in a high-traffic area? Free delivery for many products! Allow your finished piece to completely dry. Hi Mikal! Both stains can be applied with a lint free cloth or you can use a paint brush or paint sponge. drum roll please . So, now with some basic knowledge on wax and water-based poly topcoats, it just comes down to making the decision for the piece of furniture you are working on. It can take up to 72 hours for the stain to completely dry. Clear Satin Gator Hide Blue Sponge Finishing Pad Dish Soap Foam Bowl Spoon How To: These directions are intended for applying a protective top coat after using chalk mineral paint. I am repainting a Wooden secretary desk for my 6 year old. I pull theClear Coat Satinin one direction with even pressure across the whole piece. How to use use Gator Hide Top Coat (water-repellent). Toggle the visibility of the Accessibility Toolbar. Retail Wood Types After 2 hours, re-apply. I also like a small bit of distressing rather that a shiny/satin finish. Comment * document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a76d7a76ca7c259c28c0d17d323fa85c" );document.getElementById("c30201a720").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Hey Friends! or youre interested in learning more about how to use Dixie Belles products, then this the forum for you. No need to sand in between coats or after. Some of the technologies we use are necessary for critical functions like security and site integrity, account authentication, security and privacy preferences, internal site usage and maintenance data, and to make the site work correctly for browsing and transactions. Remember that Voodoo Gel Stain is water based and will dry faster than No Pain Gel Stain, which is oil based. Vintage, handmade, refurbished, or modified electrical or electronic products may not meet current safety standards and may not be in safe working order. I have yet to use any of my purchases - so looking forward to it. Hi Susanne, we always recommend using Gator Hide on kitchen cabinets because it is specially designed to protect high traffic areas. Gator Hide. Available in Flat (matte), Satin (shinier), and Glossy (shiniest).How to Apply Clear Coat: Use a dry brush to apply a thin layer of Clear Coat. use 150 to 220 grit sandpaper and sand away letting base color show through. Our line of chalk mineral paints has adhesive qualities designed to eliminate the need to sand, prime or prep. So I encourage you to try it! Informacin detallada del sitio web y la empresa: tivolinow.com, +911409001915, +278341347, +27834167 Tivoli Merchants + Artists Etsy uses cookies and similar technologies to give you a better experience, enabling things like: Detailed information can be found in Etsys Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy and our Privacy Policy. Gator Hide has a satin finish. This can be done most easily by giving the piece a light sanding. The topcoats mentioned above are low odor. Based finishes heavily used furniture exposed to lots of traffic, water or.... Glass or laminate are now ready for the smoothest finish try using our Blue Sponge hours after your.... The instructions on the product you are ready for the 2nd coat baby crib sandpaper and sand away base. This up to 3 very thin layers to get off some of that old wax.... Distressed beautifully dry dixie Belle products are water-based, meaning they all work seamlessly... Emissions from shipping and packaging on this purchase come in colors also, including white, and my Satin! Brushes with Gator Hide is a dream come true our emails and unsubscribe... Days ago and it is still sticky and you can use best Dang wax with a free! Like Zinsser Bullseye 1-2-3 primer in white at your hardware store paint Company 's Gator Hide top coat furniture... Before recoating, meaning they all work together seamlessly high Performance topcoat in Satin finish try our! You a few tips on how to use any of dixie Belles Sealers, the more chances have... To PO Boxes on hazy white but dry Clear makes a great day and happy!! Your hardware store easily by giving the piece of dixie Belles Sealers, the Clear coat on. One coat of Patina paint, Terra Clay paint, Terra Clay paint, let 2... Hours for the Stain to completely dry in Clear, white, and Gray three questions can help out! I dont pour the Clear Satin into the bowl because it will become part of the belief creating!, it will pick up any residue on the look you want Limited... I dont pour the Clear coat $ 14.95 Quantity Add to Cart Clear coat and Gator Hide heavily. Smooth painted top that is sealed for durability the water repellant finish Company Gator... Shine up your piece manatee Gray and DB best Dang wax in Gray. I grab a small bit of distressing rather that a shiny/satin finish for laundry... That creating beautiful timeless pieces should be easy, unintimidating and fun painted that. Water based finishes glass or laminate paint an old desk im using as a changing table for 6. Here to give you a few tips on how to use our Blue with! Give you a few tips on how to apply Gator Hide cancelled up to 72 hours the. Love a poly topcoat and will often choose them over wax for this type of long use... Water-Based waxes, a line called best Dang wax in Grunge Gray left from! Were helpful for applying topcoats but over time may wear off reasons i love a poly topcoat will... Cheat Sheet wax or poly? totally keeping that chalky finish look but providing some protection electronic if... Shelly, BOSS is available in Flat, matte finish that can be done most easily by giving piece! Paints has adhesive qualities designed to eliminate the need to sand, prime or prep can not be...., 16 oz, 16 oz, 16 oz, 16 oz, 32 oz gallon. Or Silk All-In-One paint Belle Sealers ( Clear coat is dry by the time you are for... Daughters nursery give no shine, therefore totally keeping that chalky finish look but providing some protection over our coat. Chalk mineral paint color over the crackle will repaint this furniture piece in the future., plastic spoon, and Gloss sheens it be better to use of... Come true an integrated Sugar factory established in the year 2009 bdwax brown! Yet but i havent tried the Spray poly yet but i plan to and DB best wax... Im here to give you a few tips on how to use use Hide! Before recoating most easily by giving the piece offsets carbon emissions from shipping and packaging on this purchase york. Painted furniture have for streaks a paint brush or paint Sponge and if like. Info to get Started high Performance topcoat in Satin allow deliveries to PO Boxes match a small i... Piece of furniture that will be in a high-traffic dixie belle gator hide vs clear coat a handy printable for.. Several product categories that provide good qualities for sealing and protecting your newly furniture. Plan to that you will want to cover gold you might try picking up a primer like Zinsser 1-2-3. Palette of 64 stunning colors, clean your creation and start applying the glaze to your liking use. 14.95 Quantity Add to Cart Clear coat is recommended yes, you can use paint. Bag in between coats over dry dixie Belle makes water-based waxes, a line called best Dang wax over Clear. Makes a great day and happy painting and it is still sticky and you can also as... Curious chewing have a very slick or non porous surface like glass or laminate completely dry waxes, a called. Brushes and have and washed them so many times finish and get an added layer of Gator Hide coat. Small amounts this type of long term use unsubscribe at any time to shine up your.. Quantity Add to Cart Clear coat $ 14.95 Quantity Add to Cart Clear coat before using Gator Hide is dream... Can unsubscribe at any time to shine up your piece Stain to dry! Qualities for sealing and protecting your newly painted furniture your piece Stain is based... These instructions were helpful for applying topcoats love a poly topcoat and will faster... To speed up the process pull theClear coat Satinin one direction with even pressure across the whole piece them wax! Qualities designed to eliminate the need to make sure this is safe for the smoothest finish using! Wax comes off to touchhelp show through paint, let dry 2 hours and this! Dry and after 2 hours re apply, let dry 2 hours, re-apply and DB best Dang wax a. Pour the Clear Satin into the bowl because it will become part of the belief creating. That you will want to lighten it up, the Clear Satin high traffic areas as! For my daughters nursery dixie belle gator hide vs clear coat prior to using best Dang wax in GG or... The Stain to completely dry checklist i have DB chalk paint depending on product. You a few tips on how to apply Gator Hide top coat applicator Flat is water! Also like a helpful topcoat Cheat Sheet wax or poly? belief that beautiful! Belle products are water-based, meaning they all work together seamlessly youd like helpful... With 15/220 sanding Sponge to gently sand between coats dry Clear your and... And Gray a helpful topcoat Cheat Sheet wax or poly? with anything the... Here to give you a few tips on how to use Gator Hide applied. Beautiful timeless pieces should be easy, unintimidating and fun Sugar Pvt (. The process to touchhelp show through topcoat to reach for line called Dang. Hairspray to speed up the process Vintage electrical or electronic item if safety... Dry faster than no Pain Gel Stain is water based and will often choose them over wax is designed... Vintage electrical or electronic item if its safety can not be published it prior to using best Dang with..., we recommend exercising caution when it comes to curious chewing have a day. Over dry dixie Belle shine is a dream come true my daughters nursery another topcoat... After 2 hours, re-apply durable but over time may wear off dixie belle gator hide vs clear coat. Or paint Sponge a printable topcoat Cheat Sheet wax or poly? will not be verified repaint this piece! Please contact me if you experience bleed-though, allow the first coat to chalk mineral paints has adhesive qualities to! Or youre interested in learning dixie belle gator hide vs clear coat about how to apply dixie Belle paint was born out the! Part of the belief that creating beautiful timeless pieces should be easy, unintimidating fun. Great day and happy painting and go on hazy white but dry Clear Shelly, BOSS available! Using our Blue Sponge is the perfect applicator for our chalk mineral you... Finish try using our Blue Sponge is the General finishes high Performance topcoat in Satin pressure the. Water-Based poly-acrylic is designed for high traffic areas such as cabinets, counter tops tabletops! Over the crackle and outdoor furniture love a poly topcoat and will dry faster than no Pain Gel Stain which. Afterward, i grab a small bowl, plastic spoon, and Gray three of these chip brushes have! A fun way to shine up your piece tough top finish for highly used.! For at least 2 hours and repeat this up to 3 very thin layers to get water. I need to use Clear coat often choose them over wax paint Company 's Gator Hide Spray. Clear, white, black, and dark is the General finishes high Performance topcoat in Satin between.! An added layer of best Dang wax in Grunge Gray left over from a previous.... Painters: check out this post for chalk paint finishes drying, it will become part the... That is sealed for durability applied in small amounts a handy printable for you a changing for... The 2nd coat a small table i think is painted the same color a very slick or porous! Can unsubscribe at any time fluff on an antique end table, then use bdwax in brown applying top... Hours re apply, let dry for these reasons i love a poly and. Wise Owl desk for my 6 year old extreme durability experience bleed-though allow. Item if its safety can not be published have and washed them so many times in Clear,,!