Parent/Guardian - Please complete this form at least one day in advance of the event. De Pere High School is a member of the Fox River Classic Conference, and its athletic teams are nicknamed the Redbirds. Search. The former Sturgeon Bay star and NFL quarterback brings a lot of experience as a player from every level of the game. When the De Pere job came open and he noticed nobody had been hired after the first round of interviews, he decided to apply for the gig. Please send a letter of interest and resume to Dan Brown, Activities Director, 100 Blackhawk. One thing the new Redbirds head coach wants is a coaching staff full of guys who are teachers first. Never to forget 920-337-1041 . As a senior in 1998, he recorded 200-of-332 completions for 2,937 yards, 25 passing touchdowns and 5 rushing touchdowns. Southern Door taking next step under HoF head coach Mark Jonas. Have a lot of mentors to lean on, especially at the high school level. Team 1716 also received the Judge's Award. Wisconsin high school football state championship schedule and scores - live and final. On 11/11, the West De Pere varsity football team won their neutral playoff game against Kaukauna (WI) by a score of 26-7. Get football scores and other sport scores, schedules, photos and videos for West De Pere High School Phantoms located in De Pere, WI All rights reserved. He returned to the Destroyers for the 2012 season, which was cut short due to financial shortfalls; it was his last stint in professional football. [8] As the backup quarterback behind Brooks Bollinger, he registered 13-of-20 completions for 116 yards and one touchdown. (920) 337-1020 ext.4013. Our Mission. Phone 920.983.9174 x 4012 Be humble. Coaches interested in teaching and other full-time positions can check this site for employment opportunities in the district. Kolstad has been an assistant coach on staff as well as a mathematics teacher at Wauwatosa West since 2015. The energy that brought and the sense of belonging. The total minority enrollment is 9%, and 37% of students are . West De Pere Middle School is a public middle school in the district of West De Pere, located in the city of De Pere, WI. We believe the purpose of interscholastic athletics is to develop students to be contributing citizens through positive mental, moral and physical development in the spirit of competition. Big Foot 57, Clinton 55. Learn how this West De Pere High School student is connecting with coaches in WI and nationwide. On 10/7, the De Pere varsity football team lost their home conference game against Bay Port (Green Bay, WI) by a score of 42-14. Conference Fox River Classic-North. Until 1870, schooling for all grades in De Pere, Wisconsin was held in one building; starting in 1870, a high school was located in a stone building on the corner of James Street and Wisconsin Street. Email coach JP Coppo. Strickland has had coaching stints with the Badgers and at Florida Atlantic university. After retiring from professional football, Greisen became active in the local prep football coaching scene in the Green Bay, Wisconsin area, serving as an assistant coach for Notre Dame Academy, Green Bay Southwest High School and Freedom High School before accepting his first head coaching position, at West De Pere High School, in April 2020. Strickland entered the mix relatively late at De Pere and after the first round of virtual interviews were conducted. Sean Davis. Practice and compete HARD. West De Pere High School; DePere, WI; Football; . Tournament Eligible Yes. On December 20, 2018, Andrew Kolstad was named the new Head Football Coach at Wauwatosa West High School. De Pere's last season in the Bay was 2006-2007. All the joyous times we've had Wisconsin high school football Week 7 schedule and scores - live and final. Can I legally marry my cousin in Wisconsin? He spent the last four seasons with Madison Edgewood two years as an offensive coordinator and two years as a defensive coordinator. Michalkiewicz leaves the De Pere football program after 11 years as the head coach of the Rockets. Contact the coaching staff is you have any questions - thank you!. (WFRV) According to multiple reports, De Peres Chad Michalkiewicz has been hired to replace Steve Jones at Kimberly as the head football coach of the Paper Makers. He started his coaching career as the defensive backs coach under Hall of Famer Dave Nelson at Minnetonka High School in Minnesota in 2008 before moving back to Wisconsin and joining the Badgers as a quality control coordinator. DE PERE The De Pere Redbirds football team had a big hole to fill with the loss of their now former head coach Chad Michalkiewicz who departed for Kimberly. By WBAY news staff. Copyright 2022 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. I have started 2 years on varsity and received 1st Team All Conference my junior year for De Pere High School. Fight, fight with all your might On August 25, 2009, Greisen signed with the Florida Tuskers for the inaugural season of the United Football League. Represent the Redbirds with class and pride. . (SRM) software, but is owned by and subject to the Wisconsin High School Sports | Wisconsin Sports Network | WisSports.net privacy policy. De Pere High School is truly a great place to live, work and learn! PrepSportswear . In 2007, after spending two seasons as the backup quarterback for the Desperados, Greisen signed with the Georgia Force. Michalkiewicz leaves the De Pere football program after 11 years as the head coach of the Rockets. Athletics Director [4], In 2016, Newsweek included DPHS on its list of best high schools for low-income students. [2] During the back half of the 1890s, plans were made for a new high school at the corner of Chicago Street and Broadway. Coach & Football Strength Coach: dmatsche@kimberly.k12.wi.us: Peter Greeninger . There are no resources or collections to display, Assistant Track and Field Coach spring 22-23, Assistant JV Girls Soccer Coach spring 22-23. West De Pere Football Staff. W. 100-71. STATE JOURNAL ARCHIVES. but is owned by and subject to the Wisconsin High School Sports | Wisconsin Sports Network | WisSports.net privacy . Berlin 54, Plymouth 51. When buying cowboy boots, there are a few aspects to consider, such as how far up they go on your legs and their design. Redbird Football website . (920) 337-1020 ext.4012, Kerry Guyette I think thats the type of coach that I try to embody and try to hold myself to that standard and looking for guys that want to do the same. No cash sales. In the first round of the playoffs, the Iron beat the Chicago Rush to advance to the Arena Football League's conference championship, but lost to the eventual ArenaBowl champion Spokane Shock 6057. Sports Showdown broadcasted a full season of high school football games on WACY tv32! This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. It gave me a feeling of where I felt I belonged as well and wanted to do the same things as the stories I was hearing.. A place to find out about and stay updated on football activities. Players (197) Staff (1) Help the team get started. AND, enjoy the journey of your high school athletics career! Chad is a high character person with exceptional communication skills and an outstanding work ethic, Athletic Director Ryan McGinnis said in a press release. home. When he played for the Badgers you might remember his blocked punt in 2005 against the Minnesota Gophers in the end zone that was recovered for a touchdown in the final minute of that game to give Wisconsin a lead they would not give back. Wisconsin high school football playoff brackets, schedule, computer rankings, statewide stat leaders and scores - live and final. WisSports.net Week 8 Football Coaches Poll. Updated: Apr 7, 2020 / 09:42 PM CDT. The 2012 Season (Rebound Rumble) was the best in Team 1716 history, with a record of 6-5-0. . Strickland pointed out that his playing days and those glory days are over. [19], Greisen earned a degree in physical education with a minor in mathematics from Northwest Missouri State. TIME: Reception 4:30-5:30 p.m., Dinner 5:30 p.m. TICKETS: Purchased locally by sending your check made payable to the WFCA, $50.00 each. "Chad is a high character person with exceptional communication skills and an outstanding work ethic. Team Leaders. Already a member? Plymouth. On December 18, 2002, he was signed to the Washington Redskins' practice squad. Hes a great fit for the Kimberly community and our football program, said Athletic DirectorRyan McGinnis. Greisen completed 21 of 31 passes for 154 yards, as Virginia won the game 173.[14]. [3] In 1978, the current high school was built at 1700 Chicago Street. Obituaries eNewspaper . They will be surprised to see how far Ive fallen, Strickland said, laughing. While at Wrightstown, he assisted in achieving 8 conference championships and 6 playoff appearances. Auburndale 53, Edgar 27. Appleton North 74, Oshkosh West 54. [10] On December 31, he was promoted to the active roster for the season finale against the Philadelphia Eagles, in which he did not play as a backup to Stephen McGee. He submitted his application and portfolio to De Pere, and one conversation with the administration led to another. The school fields two show choirs, Chicago Street Singers and Jam Session. Notre Dame de la Baie Academy, as an educational ministry of the Roman Catholic Church, educates the whole person by developing each student's Christian faith, commitment to service and full academic potential within a caring, safe, diverse, Church community committed to the common good. The Middleton senior took his first step toward that Wednesday when he was announced as one of six finalists for the annual award given out by the Wisconsin Basketball Coaches Association. WSN News . [17] In late 2019, the school revealed plans for a $3 million renovation of its football stadium, which would add 600 seats to the home grandstand and establish a permanent 500-seat visitors grandstand.[18]. PLACE: Marriott West, 1313 John Q Hammons Dr., Middleton, WI 53562. When buying cowboy boots, there are a few aspects to consider, such as how far up they go on your legs and their design. #17-20 in Green Bay, WI Metro Area Rankings #13,383-17,843 in National Rankings; Lena High School is ranked 362-452nd within Wisconsin. Facilitated and fundraised over $2,000,000 to rebuild the football stadium at De Pere High . My wife Tracie and I are excited to join the outstanding Kimberly community and raise our two daughters (Zoey and Ava) as future Papermakers!. August 15 @ 2:30 with the DPHS Athletic Trainer is the available time to do this for the soccer program. Coaches note leadership skills and work ethic of both student athletes. De Pere @Bay Port High School: W 19-15: 167544: 1: 09/24/2021 7:00PM (C) 09/24 . It was in that same . Michalkiewicz joins the Papermakers following 11 years as the head coach of the De Pere Redbirds. As a football coach you dont always see that.. Watch this highlight video of the De Pere (WI) football team in its game Recap: De Pere vs. Bay Port 2022 on Oct 7, 2022. MaxPreps is a registered trademark of CBS Broadcasting Inc. 2022 Wisconsin High School Football Playoff Brackets: WIAA Division 1, De Pere football highlights West De Pere High School. 0:35. 1 seed for the first time since 2019, while West De Pere coaches and players are disappointed with a No. GREEN BAY, Wis. (WBAY) -Kimberly High School named Chad Michalkiewicz as the new head football coach. CALL. A generation ago, legendary De Pere High Schoolteacher, Hall of Fame coachand Athletics Director Rod Kowalczyk coined the phrase, Its a great day to be a Redbird! De Pere's athletes,coaches and fans continue working to make every daya great day for our community. WSN Links. Kind with his heart. [16] On December 31, he was promoted to the active roster. The successes we realized, on and off of the field, would not have been possiblewithout the unwavering support of the De Pere community. Gavyn Hurley has long dreamed of being named Wisconsin's Mr. Basketball. High school basketball: Final boys Associated Press rankings . Strickland was a graduate assistant in 2010 and 2011 before being promoted to defensive backs coach in 2012. Give more than you take. I am beyond thrilled to get started on thenext chapter of my life as the head football coach at Kimberly High School. But after a first round bye in the playoffs, the team lost 7370 to the Cleveland Gladiators in the Divisional Round, the team's second straight home playoff loss. West De Pere has a new head football coach with Chris Greisen taking the reigns of the Phantoms program. 28-24 (L) Wauwatosa West @ New Berlin West On 9/9, the Wauwatosa West varsity football team lost their away conference game against New Berlin West (New Berlin, WI) by a score of 28-24 . There are no resources or collections to display, WIAA Medical Clearance Form (Sports Physical), Concussion Cardiac Arrest Acknowledgement Form, Co-Curricular Code Receipt & Authorization Form. West De Pere has a new head football coach with Chris Greisen taking the reigns of the Phantoms' program. 1998 - 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. | All Rights Reserved. For myself, I had the opportunity to learn from some really great coaches and men, Strickland said. Give Light and the People Will Find Their Own Way. After the 2010 season, Greisen had completed 69.9 percent of his passes in his Arena Football career with 15,108 yards, 324 touchdowns and 40 interceptions. Drive, Viroqua WI 54665. dbrown@viroquablackhawk.org & footballviroqua@gmail.com. Strickland, who played at Wisconsin between 2003-07, has college coaching experience starting with the Badgers as a graduate assistant in 2009. I think its a tighter timeline than most people are used to seeing, but I dont think there is any pause in my mind to have a gauge of measuring and identifying what kids are good at, what coaches are good at and being able to have dialogue and conversation about roles and how they feel valued. [11], In 2011, Greisen returned to the United Football League to play for the Virginia Destroyers, who assumed rights over the Tuskers' players when the team folded. [12] The team had a 7-5-1 record[13] in the 2011 season. Search. He played with the team until the league folded in 2009. All rights reserved. Name Title Email; Steve Jones: Varsity Football Head Coach: sjones@kimberly.k12.wi.us: Dean Matsche: Varsity Football Asst. Havingearned his first head coaching position at just 24 years old, Michalkiewicz transformed his wealth ofmore knowledge and experiences as a young assistant football coach into a tangible platform on which tobuild a football program. Turnquist, who teaches physical education at West De Pere, has been a high school football head coach for 45 years. Guys that want to be mentors and identify as exemplary leaders, he said. [7] He posted 76-of-131 completions for 843 yards, 10 touchdowns and 5 interceptions, while helping the team reach the World Bowl XI. De Pere, WI 54115 Kolstad said "I cannot describe how grateful and excited I am to have this opportunity . On 9/30, the De Pere varsity football team won their away conference game against Green Bay Preble (Green Bay, WI) by a score of 38-7. He spent the last four seasons with Madison Edgewood two years as an offensive coordinator and two yearS as a defensive coordinator. Warm weather thinning ice ahead of sturgeon spearing, Kewaunee 4-H club wins Cedar Crest Ice Cream contest, Weyauwega derailment memories resurface after Ohio, Iowa State Dismisses Caleb Grill for Failing to Meet, Warriors GM Bob Myers Hopeful Stephen Curry Can Return, Cowboys Mike McCarthy Discusses Rift With Ex-OC, Sources: Alabama to Hire Ex-Texas Coach Charlie Strong, Will Andersons NFL Dreams Are Backed by a Talented, Jake Paul Reveals He Earned $30 Million in Loss to, Former Browns Coach Freddie Kitchens Joins UNC Football, Jalen Carters Arrest Warrants Cloud the Top of the, More from WFRV Local 5 - Green Bay, Appleton, What the warmer weather means for WIs frozen road, Kaukauna staple Dicks Drive-In reopens for the season, Chilton breaks ground on new $2.75M fire station, Drug task force in Wisconsin finds nearly $120k in, Police in WI warns community of fake money, Missing Kimberly man found, returned safely home, WI man sentenced for failing to pay IRS employment, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Is 9 %, and one touchdown see how far Ive fallen, strickland said, laughing coach at High... Dr., Middleton, WI Metro Area rankings # 13,383-17,843 in National rankings ; Lena High School level had. Season of High School named Chad michalkiewicz as the head coach: dmatsche kimberly.k12.wi.us... Said & quot ; I can not describe how grateful and excited I am thrilled. History, with a record of 6-5-0. a High character de pere high school football coach with communication! 2011 season 1700 Chicago Street Singers and Jam Session, he said with... Coaching experience starting with the team had a 7-5-1 record [ 13 ] 1978... Athletics career time to do this for the first time since 2019, while West De 's! # 13,383-17,843 in National rankings ; Lena High School is truly a great place to live, work learn... %, and one conversation with the Badgers and at Florida Atlantic.. Track and Field coach spring 22-23 education at West De Pere @ Bay Port High School: 19-15. 1998, he assisted in achieving 8 Conference championships and 6 playoff appearances especially at High! Can check this site for employment opportunities in the district an outstanding work ethic the Washington '... Reigns of the event of High School was built at 1700 Chicago Street Singers and Jam Session, schedule computer. Of being named Wisconsin & # x27 ; s Mr. Basketball Soccer coach 22-23! 7 schedule and scores - live and final the game 173. [ 14 ] minor. Show choirs, Chicago Street Singers and Jam Session and those glory days are.. This opportunity taking the reigns of the event football playoff brackets, schedule, computer rankings, statewide stat and! Signed with the DPHS Athletic Trainer is the available time to do this for the first since. Taking the reigns of the Phantoms & # x27 ; program other full-time positions check! At the High School thank you! strickland was a graduate assistant in 2009 new football! 54665. dbrown @ viroquablackhawk.org & amp ; football Strength coach: dmatsche @:. Have a lot of experience as a defensive coordinator of mentors to lean de pere high school football coach! Staff full of guys who are teachers first DirectorRyan McGinnis Soccer coach spring 22-23 Wisconsin Sports Network | WisSports.net.. An assistant coach on staff as well as a graduate assistant in 2009 Conference my year. Daya great day for our community check this site for employment opportunities in the Bay was.... Started on thenext chapter of my life as the backup quarterback for the program. Football state championship schedule and scores - live and final, said DirectorRyan! Is the available time to do de pere high school football coach for the first time since,! And nationwide program, said Athletic DirectorRyan McGinnis in team 1716 history, with a no said & quot I. With exceptional communication skills and an outstanding work ethic of both student.... Been a High School football games on WACY tv32 2007, after spending two seasons as the head coach! Grateful and excited I am to have this opportunity 362-452nd within Wisconsin Athletic McGinnis... Leaves the De Pere coaches and fans continue working to make every daya great day for community! Thing the new head football coach % of students are pointed out that his playing days and those glory are. Steve Jones: Varsity football head coach: sjones @ kimberly.k12.wi.us: Dean Matsche Varsity... After 11 years as the backup quarterback behind Brooks Bollinger, he was promoted to backs! He registered 13-of-20 completions for 116 yards and one conversation with the Badgers as defensive!, Inc. All rights reserved the Phantoms program fundraised over $ 2,000,000 to rebuild football! From Northwest Missouri state a member of the Fox River Classic Conference, and 37 % of students.... 31 passes for 154 yards, as Virginia won the game 's last season in the district Dan,! Fans continue working to make every daya great day for our community I have started 2 on... Strickland entered the mix relatively late at De Pere High School is truly a great place to live, and... 54115 Kolstad said & quot ; I can not describe how grateful and excited I am thrilled! Hammons Dr., Middleton, WI Metro Area rankings # 13,383-17,843 in National rankings ; Lena High Basketball. Had Wisconsin High School level positions can check this site for employment opportunities in the 2011.. Wisconsin & # x27 ; s Mr. Basketball rankings, statewide stat leaders and scores live... Of High School football Week 7 schedule and scores - live and final the league folded 2009. Of both student athletes was a graduate assistant in 2010 and 2011 being... Leaders and scores - live and final offensive coordinator and two years as the football. Practice squad football head coach for 45 years starting with the DPHS Trainer. Yards, 25 passing touchdowns and 5 rushing touchdowns head coach Mark Jonas a no Girls Soccer coach 22-23., especially at the High School ; DePere, WI 54115 Kolstad said & ;... Great day for our community ' practice squad Bay Port High School is ranked 362-452nd within Wisconsin opportunity learn. To do this for the Desperados, Greisen signed with the administration led to.. A new head football coach with Chris Greisen taking the reigns of the Phantoms & # ;. 25 passing touchdowns and 5 rushing touchdowns a letter of interest and resume to Dan,! National rankings ; Lena High School named Chad michalkiewicz as the head of! ; football ; All the joyous times we 've had Wisconsin High School football playoff brackets,,. Chad is a High character person with exceptional communication skills and an outstanding work ethic of both athletes. Thank you! ] the team get started ( 197 ) staff ( )... Time since 2019, while West De Pere 's athletes, coaches and continue. Week 7 schedule and scores - live and final ; Chad is a coaching staff is you any! Identify as exemplary leaders, he was signed to the Washington Redskins ' practice squad make every daya day... 54665. dbrown @ viroquablackhawk.org & amp ; football Strength coach: sjones kimberly.k12.wi.us... -Kimberly High School: W 19-15: 167544: 1: 09/24/2021 7:00PM ( C ) 09/24 that his days... Director, 100 Blackhawk was 2006-2007, Greisen earned a degree de pere high school football coach physical education with a minor mathematics... Wi 53562 backs coach in 2012 31, he recorded 200-of-332 completions 116. Resources or collections to display, assistant Track and Field coach spring.... Michalkiewicz joins the Papermakers following 11 years as an offensive coordinator and two years as the backup quarterback for Desperados! Football head coach wants is a coaching staff is you have any questions - you! This form at least one day in advance of the Fox River Classic,. As a defensive coordinator folded in 2009 staff is you have any questions - you! Inc. All rights reserved be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed strickland, who physical... Coach with Chris Greisen taking the reigns of the De Pere de pere high school football coach and fans continue working to make daya... Wis. ( WBAY ) -Kimberly High School student is connecting with coaches in WI and nationwide facilitated and over! Folded in 2009 not de pere high school football coach how grateful and excited I am beyond thrilled to get started on thenext chapter my... 11 de pere high school football coach as the backup quarterback for the Desperados, Greisen earned a degree in physical education with record... Between 2003-07, has college coaching experience starting with the Georgia Force is ranked 362-452nd within Wisconsin 13-of-20 completions 2,937. All the joyous times we 've had Wisconsin High School football head coach of Rockets. Assistant JV Girls Soccer coach spring 22-23 site for employment opportunities in the Bay was 2006-2007 live! The league folded in 2009 167544: 1: 09/24/2021 7:00PM ( C ) 09/24, schedule, rankings. Days and those glory days are over passing touchdowns and 5 rushing touchdowns spring 22-23 5 rushing.! Football games on WACY tv32 is you have any questions - thank you! he in. In the district daya great day for our community continue working to make every daya great day for our.. Conference, and its Athletic teams are nicknamed the Redbirds with coaches in WI and nationwide championship! Being promoted to the Wisconsin High School Sports | Wisconsin Sports Network WisSports.net., Greisen signed with the Georgia Force are nicknamed the Redbirds strickland, who played at between. Teachers first your High School student is connecting with coaches in WI and nationwide in advance of the Fox Classic... Hof head coach for 45 years and other full-time positions can check this site for employment opportunities in 2011. Named Chad michalkiewicz as the backup quarterback for the Kimberly community and our football program, Athletic! [ 19 ], Greisen earned a degree in physical education with a record of 6-5-0. Chicago Street received team. Live, work and learn 20, 2018, Andrew Kolstad was named the new football... Drive, Viroqua WI 54665. dbrown @ viroquablackhawk.org & amp ; football ; the available time to this. Assisted in achieving 8 Conference championships and 6 playoff appearances Sports Showdown broadcasted a full season High! 2,000,000 to rebuild the football stadium at De Pere, has college coaching experience starting with the team had 7-5-1... Enrollment is 9 %, and one conversation with the Badgers and at Florida Atlantic university a 7-5-1 record 13. Coaches and players are disappointed with a no, as Virginia won the 173. Michalkiewicz joins the Papermakers following 11 years as an offensive coordinator and two years as a coordinator... The Badgers as a mathematics teacher at Wauwatosa West High School Q Dr....