You cant go wrong with adding extra storage space and a functional solution to the kitchen. Using the Ikea Billy Bookcase in your home will make storage space easier. After the baseboards were back on all that was left to do was caulk and paint. Billy is so my boyfriend. The part that makes the IKEA BILLY bookcase look custom is the trim work so we added crown molding to the top. Plus, it can be a fantastic alternative to paint. Utility knife. You can see the hack right here. You can also find all the sources for this room on my HOME TOUR page. Its normal to be afraid of wealth hacking. 1 - skinny Billy Bookcase with Oxberg door. This type of data sharing may be considered a sale of information under California privacy laws. Today it's as versatile as your imagination, and is the perfect storage solution to personalize and show who you are. It involves covering the furniture frames and legs with custom-made cabinetry panels, usually crafted out of plywood. For all the stuff you need to store to hand in your hallway, create a beautiful storage cabinet unit for it using IKEA Billy shelving! Thank you so much for supporting MHB. Brisbane, QLD. Absolutely beautiful ?? Putting trim on bookshelves is a fairly straightforward process. What's great about hacking a Billy bookcase is you can design an end product that truly fits your needs. Or if the doors won't stand up to that, changing the handles for something I can put a carabiner on a combination lock through. Dad reinforced the base of the IKEA bookcase with a few pieces of offcuts from the single BILLY before . The best part is that no additional assembly is required, only painting. Hidden Door Store installs around 50 hidden doors each year, so they've seen it all. Etsy is powered by 100% renewable electricity. Consistently earned 5-star reviews, shipped orders on time, and replied quickly to messages, Looks like you already have an account! 6 Comments 9 mins read. I loved IKEAS STOCKHOLM 2017 wardrobe when a limited edition came out two years ago, but I didnt miss the boat and didnt get it. View our full Privacy Policy & Disclosures here. The baseboards matched up perfectly! If you feel more comfortable, you can add some wood glue to the base. It takes an empty closet space and adds a tall Billy bookshelf to create pantry storage. Step Two: Cut a piece of plywood to cover the top of the 24 . It is astonishing to realize that this was created all out of IKEA Billy units! If youre using wood trim, you can use a finishing nailer to secure the trim in place. You can see the complete DIY hack tutorial right here. Let the sealant dry completely before putting the bookshelf back in place. . Ikea billy bookcase corner fittings set of 2. . Read our Cookie Policy. You will also need two cross pieces with 90 for the centre of each door. Turning off the personalized advertising setting wont stop you from seeing Etsy ads or impact Etsy's own personalization technologies, but it may make the ads you see less relevant or more repetitive. The addition of glass doors allows you to display your fancy dining items. These Billy bookshelves were transformed into an expansive entertainment center full of storage. They sent me their new Kreg Pocket-Hole Jig 320and asked me to create a small project using it. Thank you! If using hardwood (oak or poplar) 1x3s, make sure to buy 1 1/4 pocket-hole screws that are specific for hardwood (they are labeled). var hs = document.createElement('script'); hs.type = 'text/javascript'; hs.async = true; A$150. var _Hasync= _Hasync|| []; Just $99credited to your Ikea cabinet door order. See also 20+ Old Wooden Ladder Ideas. DIY Sawhorse Bookshelf from Shanty2Chic. Attach the rails into the stiles with 1 1/4 pocket-hole screws. This navy blue Billy makeover is a stunner and proves that there's something to be said for going bold. Finally, youll want to prime the bookcase with a primer specifically made for painting MDF or particleboard furniture. Hi, Rachel loved the tutorial! Making IKEA furniture look built in is a creative and cost-effective way to update any room of your home. Plus, instead of solid cabinet doors, it uses loosely woven baskets. i hope you enjoy this 23 ikea billy bookcase hacks.#ikea #billybookcasehacks #ikeahac. Step 8 - Attach 14 Boards to Face. Its great if youre working with a small space but need a lot of storage. Thank you, Shelley! Here is another beautiful built-in unit from Billy. Fill in the empty groove where the backing would go with caulk. This hack is super simple. You can see the hack right here. Try using a different browser or disabling ad blockers. This one features elegant and stylish glass fronted doors also. Next, use a damp cloth to wipe the surface and make sure to remove any traces of dust. Enhance the look of the panel by adding Oxberg glass doors. Im excited to get this show on the road, but with a crazy project schedule and no time for my own DIY project, I called our trusted carpenter and let him know about my custom door project to match my library. And the bookcases match the wall color to make them look seamless in the space. Today is reveal day for my newest Ikea hack using Billy bookcases with doors! Here is another beautiful built-in unit from Billy. And even though I really liked the result, I felt compelled to do something more dramatic especially since Ive been thinking about leaving the space in my living room. Hemnes Bookcase IKEA. Hi Karen, the doors are pre-made ones from IKEA I think they are called Oxberg. The materials you'll need will vary based on how long and tall your wall is, but this is what we purchased: 2 - 79.5 tall Billy Bookcases with Oxberg doors. If you like the sleek look, this is a design to recreate with your Billy bookshelf. I have been using a previous model of their pocket-hole jig for years, but this one has the incredible price point of less than $40! This is an amazing piece that not only looks so pretty, but it is so incredibly useful too. I have that one and use it often! . The height extension simply adds height to your bookcase. If you need to display something tall, such as a plant, you can always remove a shelf completely. Adjust your Kreg Pocket-hole Jig to the right thickness (3/4) of the 13 boards. Creating a bookcase that is designed and matched to the color of the wall is a great idea for keeping the color scheme in the room. Drill 3 pocket-holes on the long sides of the plywood and 2 on the short side. 2. Next, apply construction adhesive to the back of the trim before pressing it onto the bookshelf. Billy bookshelves created this amazing Art Deco style bookcase unit for a library in this hack. You can get shelves in various sizes and finishes to fit into the structure of your Billy bookcase. 1:00. . If youre using vinyl or plastic, you may need to use plastic trim anchors. Please, let me know what to do next and if I have miscalculated anything. The next step was to secure the built in bookcases to each other. We've sent you an email to confirm your subscription. Woven Cane Storage Bookcase by Lone Fox. The "bones" of the room are coming together! Add some closet rods, some white shelving board and brackets, a small tweak to make Billy a little taller (see below) and you have a closet system for under 100 bucks per closet! Most of the topics Ive covered in this blog post are simple assembly, heavy duty welding, and some drilling/drilling. Each side piece will be 1- 12 and 1 13. Simple hacks like these give you the ability to be creative on a budget. Which BILLY expression sums up your essence best? This is brilliant, Chelsea! The single column remains stationary. A sophisticated paint color, modern knobs, and traditional trim help to make the unit look classy and expensive in this home office. Materials. Thanks! Now you can easily reach all that stuff up at the top of your shelves! We added the baseboard back on the same way youd add them to a room. Ikea Billy Book Case Black With Glass Front Door And Custom Handle. With a few simple steps and some elbow grease, you can transform ordinary IKEA furniture into something special. Reply. Making IKEA furniture look built in is a creative and affordable way to get the look of custom cabinetry in your home. 1. However I made it fit by drilling new holes myself. Trending Post: How to Organize Your Whole Kitchen. Cane and rattan are a popular way to add texture to a space. You can find decorative feet, handles, and hinges at a home improvement store that will complete the look of your IKEA furniture. I love how crisp they look and just so white and airy. This is the perfect storage space to keep your necessities and more. The great part about this Billy bookcase hack is it's very inexpensive, and you have many molding options to choose from to match your style and space. * Paint Caulking. Ikea furniture is very easy to assemble. Its amazing how Ikea bookcases can be used to transform an entire room. These are the main reasons why I always choose Hack Ikea. (2) 2x4s. Use a level to ensure that its straight. IKEA will relaunch a newer, more circular version of its iconic BILLY bookcase in January 2024. 1. It's especially ideal if you're working with a small space but need ample storage. Billy in the Bedroom. Line with Wallpaper. Then, open the doors a few inches and slip a putty knife or something similar into the gap between the frame and door. Wallpapered Shelves. PIN IT FOR LATER!Follow MAKE CALM LOVELY on Pinterest! Using the Billy unit, this bookcase has been created to be not just stylish, but incredibly useful too. Hi Tammy, thank you!! To ensure a smooth installation of a new door, you should also remove any plastic clips that may still be attached to the door. Learn how your comment data is processed. Shut the door and check to make sure the door isnt too close to the bookcase frame. Click here for the height extension. I think of the hairbrained ideas and he executes! It can be upgraded however so easily and made into something so elegant and stylish. See amazing IKEA DIY hacks, find a new craft or hobby, decorate your home, learn to blog - and so much more! Your email address will not be published. It is a simple and affordable bookcase that can be hacked and upgraded so easily. So I left it as it was and gave it a very simple look in my living room, using some favorite books and accessories. Use a scrap piece of pine (about 4 long) and screw them to the inside wall, at the locations where the hinges will need to be installed. Yes, you can paint an Ikea Billy bookcase. Using a very small drill bit (1/16th), pre-drill pilot holes for the screws of the hinge. (The right side piece will be a mirror . Brisbane, QLD. Replace old cabinet doors in any room with Semihandmade. Maroon color. . Lauren says: October 17, 2016 at 6:06 pm. Bookcase dimensions: 67 height 27 wide 1 deep. This Billy configuration doesn't go floor to ceiling or wall to wall, yet it looks totally built-in and custom for the office space. They also can help you keep closets and even your pantry organized. Have a great day!! But then I watched it in all its beauty and beauty, and decided not to spoil the winning model. I added trim where the bookcase met the wall and each edge.   Germany   |   English (US)   |   (EUR), remembering account, browser, and regional preferences, remembering privacy and security settings, personalized search, content, and recommendations, helping sellers understand their audience, showing relevant, targeted ads on and off Etsy, remember your login, general, and regional preferences, personalize content, search, recommendations, and offers. For this project, we first built the BILLY bookshelves according to the IKEA instructions. 2 32x42 Billy bookcases; 1 16x42 Billy bookcase; 8 Oxberg doors; 2 2x4x8 stud boards; 2 1x6x8 pine boards; 3 1x2x8 pine boards; . Custom Doors For Billy Bookcase You are here: Home / Home Decor / Ikea Billy Bookcase Hacks to Create the Perfect Storage Solution. Keep collections to yourself or inspire other shoppers! CleverCube From shop CleverCube. For instance, you can paint an IKEA Billy bookcase to match the rest of your decor. The Billy bookcase can be used for so much more than holding books. Im so glad you like it . Since 2018, she has contributed to a variety of lifestyle publications, including Apartment Therapy and Architectural Digest. if you love ikea then you must be happy with this billy bookcase hacks. * Nail gun - 16G. Have young children or grandchildren? I have never seen anything like it. Just look at all that storage space too! I remember you trying to figure out a few months ago what you wanted to do. Then this BILLY came to my house and I thought, wait! Gold Coast, QLD. Here is another beautiful wall of built-ins, created all out of the Billy bookshelf units. Let Us Build Your Cart. Step 3. Take full advantage of our site features by enabling JavaScript. "Growing up, I'd always dreamed of a rolling ladder, so this was a dream . The popular product, which has been purchased over 60 million times worldwide . I knew a couple of doors would be a great addition. . A$5. You can see the DIY hack right here. Once the primer is dry, you can start painting the bookcase with either a brush or a roller. Not only do these shelves add an elegant touch to the room, they are so useful in that they organize kitchen equipment so well you can see what you have easily. This is gorgeous! Wood Screws. There are many Billy styles and options to choose from. If you've always wanted to create your dream closet but didn't think you had the budget, the many styles of Billy bookcase come together for . Having always been a DIY enthusiast, I remember the novelty of it all the excitement of the assembly and the sense of accomplishment when its done. Chop Saw (optional or if you want, have the home improvement store make cuts), 1 1/4 pocket-hole screws (comes with Kreg Pocket-Hole Jig 320 kit), 4- 4 long pieces of scrap pine and 8- 1 screws (optional if there is a overhang from bookcase frame). These 14 DIY hacks show you amazing ways to upgrade and hack Billy. Using 1 1/2 inch wood screws, we drilled screws at the base of the DIY built in bookshelves (this will be hidden by the baseboards) and two more screws using the pre-drilled shelf holes as pilot holes. The flatware was not something I was very familiar with. This iconic bookshelf has graced so many homes all over the world for over 40 years! They were painted to match the wall color to make them look extra custom. First, start by measuring the area where you want to put the trim and then select the type of trim youre going to use. Lover of iced coffee and cocktail Fridays. Thank you for your informative video! IKEA BILLY Bookcase. While this IKEA hack is definitely off the beaten path, it's pretty easy to accomplish. There are perfectly placed holes in the Hinge Jig for this, so make sure to not remove the clamp before pre-drilling these holes. "Now, the launch of Semihandmade for All is about to level the playing field for those with cabinet door FOMO. Credit: Apartment Therapy. Related: Amazing Beautiful & Stylish IKEA Cane & Rattan Hacks. Attaching a glass door to a bookshelf is a relatively easy process that can be completed in a few steps. Hi Sara, wow! And the unit features detailed trim for a fancy look. (4) 15 3/4 OXBERG doors. If you need to make any mitered cuts, its best to do that first before attaching the trim. Learn more. View Etsys Privacy Policy. Never did something like that before, so Ive no idea. Consider adding in elegant elements, such as faux stone tiles or mirrored backsplashes, to create a luxurious look. Here are 20 hacks to inspire you. Truly, I'm glad you're here. Two Toned Nightstand in the Master Bedroom, The one where I profess my love for painted furniture, Winter Decorating Ideas - How to decorate your home post-holiday, Tips for Decorating around a TV - Beautiful Gallery Wall, Kids Closet Organizer with IKEA Closet System - PAX system closet hack. The IKEA Billy bookcase has been an IKEA staple for years. As testament to Billy's popularity the world over, this hack comes from Kristina Steinmetz, the German-born, Canada-based architect/blogger behind Ich Designer, who fitted a wall of Billy shelves with sliding doors made of oriented strand board for good-looking paperwork storage. Turning off personalized advertising opts you out of these sales. Learn more in our Privacy Policy., Help Center, and Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy. * Various trim (you can pick different styles to fit your look) Keep in mind the amount of MDF you will need will depend on how wide you want to go with the "built-in". Finally, you can accessorize with accented hardware and decor, such as faux gemstone knobs, utensil holders and ornamental corbels. Grab some bookcases and plywood and nails to recreate this library space. I mean, look what a beautiful girl Live Louw made. Create an amazing piece for your home with an IKEA Billy bookcase! Gently clamp the rails to the plywood inset to hold them in place (but not too tight, otherwise the boards will buckle). A paint sprayer is used to make quick work of giving the bookshelf a new coat of paint. Want to know more? That means, at no additional cost to you, I may make a small commission on your purchase. The IKEA Billy bookcases are perfect for the book storage and you can add more custom and personalized touches to them to make them perfectly work for your spaces and decor. You've already signed up for some newsletters, but you haven't confirmed your address. Billy bookcases can look fabulous in the dining room, too. I finally drove it after a big shift and cleaning and was sad to see it go. This 12 shelves bookcase is perfect for a trendy, industrial-chic look.The shelf has numerous shelves to place artworks, toys, photo albums and other household necessities. Step 4 - Anchor Shelves. See for yourself in the tutorial. Use one of the smaller BILLY units to make a custom bar, perfect for all your glasses and bottles. This is one of the larger walls of Billy bookcase built-ins that we've seen, and it looks beautiful. Good condition, all fittings included. Finally, you can also customize your Billy bookshelf by adding doors. Ive barely touched the guest bedroom in terms of improvements, but this bookcase that weve had for a few years was begging for an update! BILLY bookcases are designed to be open units, while PAX doors are used to give a wardrobe a clean, integrated look. Hello! Tribesigns Hoga-U0050 Brown Metal 1-Shelf Bookcase (45.66-in W x 51.57-in H x 11.81-in D). Create a custom closet. With these small touches and upgrades, your BILLY bookcase will look stylish and luxurious. That's just the start of their options too. Actually, you could even get away with doing a craftsman style trim and leave out the crown molding to avoid the mitered cuts altogether. Learn More. Required fields are marked *, document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a1c3237bd6b57d6153231ea1ada61616" );document.getElementById("e210e71bc1").setAttribute( "id", "comment" );Comment *. All these units look custom-made and so elegant. The lower . It is important to paint or stain the panels before adding any hardware such as handles, hinges, or feet. At under $300, this DIY IKEA hack is a real steal compared to buying a similar piece. Measure from the back of the wall to flush with the front edge of the bookcase. Truly customize your Billy bookcase with a paint and wallpaper combo. BILLY bookcases are designed to be open units, while PAX doors are used to give a wardrobe a clean, integrated look. If you are not comfortable with drilling holes in the frame, you can use a screwdriver to secure the hardware. FREE delivery Feb 24 - Mar 2. Sconces hung above the shelves add that final luxe, library-like touch. But the BILLY bookcase has also kept evolving. The doors are just rattan sheets framed in wood, and then the whole unit is painted so that the doors match the shelves. Make sure to use paint specifically made for adhering to MDF or particleboard material. . Our living room is a very awkward shape/layout. Find the doors here. 3. Find the bookcases here. My biggest tip for this is to measure twice and cut once (or measure 4 or 5 times). Drill the pocket-holes on both rails, then make the same adjustments on the jig and depth collar to 1/2 thickness for the 1/2 plywood. Truth be told, Ive been looking for a similar solution ever since, but to no avail. This idea was immediately followed by an epic search for a few cane strips and on the second day of diving into the world of fashion, I entered a roller coaster in a friends garage. Glass front doors . They come in various sizes and colors, and are perfect for the next generation of bookworms. Just $99credited to your Ikea cabinet door order. Once again, an empty wall got a major makeover in the form of a Billy bookcase built-in hack. Here we collected some creative IKEA BILLY Hacks which can . Surprisingly, the color of the IKEA Billy bookcase matched our wall color (Benjamin Moore Chantilly Lace) almost perfectly (see all of our homes paint colors here). It now comes in several different colors. The lower cabinets got doors with pulls that match the style of the space. Locate where the hinges will land and then use one of the predrilled holes that will be behind the hinge. I put 3 units together and painted the doors to give the look of custom cabinetry. Doors To Fit Billy Bookcase - How to Make a DIY Built-in Bookshelf with Oxburg Glass Front Doors Using IKEA Billy Bookcases on a Budget Hack . Get 20% off your first month of Ritual by heading to http://www.ritual.com/LONEFOX20- Shop Lone Fox (Decor, DIY Supplies + More! Here's the Supply List for the built-in Billy bookcase hack: (2) BILLY Bookcases. sermon it is finished but it's not over. Sarah Lyon is a freelance writer and home decor enthusiast, who enjoys sharing good finds on home items. Step 7: Attach Spacers to Inside of Bookcase. Paint or stain the doors to match the bookcase, then attach hardware. Using the Billy unit, this bookcase has been created to be not just stylish, but incredibly useful too. These items totaled approximately 205 inches. If that is the case, tighten the adjustment screw that is closest to the frame, to move the door away from the bookcase frame a little. Lay out the pieces in the format you will construct the door and ensure the rails are perfectly flush with the short side of the plywood. Be sure to bolt the bookcases to the wall, so there's no chance a child could accidentally pull them over. The IKEA Billy bookcase is an ultra popular piece. The IKEA Billy Bookcase Hack was perfect for this space. Or ideas on best practices for painting and exchanging items. Im amazed at how custom these built in shelves look in our home. The double column bookcase acts as the rolling door, which we attached 4 rubber castors (Everbilt, 2 1/2 soft rubber swivel plate casters with 100 lbs load rating) under the base of the bookcase. Ikea Billy Bookcase with Door For Sale - Pickup Mango Hill. I may get brave one day though b/c the result looks great!! IKEA Billy shelving is stylish, useful and affordable. Etsy uses cookies and similar technologies to give you a better experience, enabling things like: Detailed information can be found in Etsys Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy and our Privacy Policy. Step 9: Paint or Stain and Attach Hardware. Maybe you too have a bookcase that you would love to add doors to cover the bottom couple shelves? document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); You and Matt are a dream team!! Finally, apply a sealant to the trim to protect it from moisture and wear and tear. Step 11 - Fill Gaps, Cracks, and Nail Holes. Receive the latest design trends, inspiration & exclusive deals. No, PAX doors are not designed to be used on BILLY bookcases. Terms & Privacy. 3. We had two major blank walls that needed attention and I knew that wed have an opportunity to put in some built in bookshelves. IKEA Billy shelving is stylish, useful and affordable. Ikea billy bookcase corner fittings set of 2. Only 19 left in stock - order soon. With different doors you can personalize your BILLY bookcase to fit your own unique style and living situation. This cabinet is so gorgeous, and would really stand out in any room of your home. Brisbane, QLD. And you have a somewhat private space where you can focus on work. For your convenience, this post may contain affiliate links. Finish your project off by adding a coat of protection, such as a clear wax or varnish, to make sure the paint lasts longer. So I have ordered a number of IKEA Billy/Oxberg Bookcase with glass doors. Yes, you can buy oxberg doors for your billy bookcase as long as your bookcase is made after 2014, as the older billy bookcase doesn't have the holes for the hinges as I found out the hard way. Yup! Now, mark the location for the door knob and latch, if applicable. Required fields are marked *. This Billy bookcase hack perfectly frames the window and window seat with tall bookcases and then adds one more to cover the rest of the wall. Ive wanted built in bookshelves to decorate for so long! The molding is glued to doors from IKEA's OXBERG line, and it's also been attached to the bookcase back for a cohesive look. Our new IKEA kitchen with custom doors. Stylish and Practical vintage bookcase You've Been Searching For. You can see the hack and DIY instructions right here. Shanty2Chic. Alice and Lois used glass panel doors and moss green paint. This website is all about making your life calmer & lovelier - through DIY & crafts and more! Yes! Holy mackerel these look so good! This cabinet is so gorgeous, and would really stand out in any room of your home. No, PAX doors are not designed to be used on BILLY bookcases. A$70. Then the backing is taken off the shelf and fabric is added. Due to its affordable price point, the Ikea Billy bookshelf is a super popular piece of furniture to hack. See More Images. There are hack ideas for short Billy bookcases, Billy bookcases with doors, and more. document.getElementById("ak_js_1").setAttribute("value",(new Date()).getTime()); Your email address will not be published. In this tutorial from A Beautiful Mess, Ill show you how to make this floor-to-ceiling table. I am having a bit of trouble with the math. Not only do these shelves add an elegant touch to the room, they are so useful in that they organize kitchen equipment so well you can see what you have easily. Its long and narrow and Ive tried many different furniture arrangements. . There are many things you can do with Ikea furniture. Billys three bookcases are matched with house paint and leather upholstery to give these bookcases a modern European feel. Just look at all that storage space too! Another beautiful Billy hack here from Place of My Taste, showcases Billy into beautiful shelving that really makes the fireplace stand out. I love your sense of style clean, bright, and just enough thats quirky/unique to make it go above and beyond every time! This raised modern farmhouse shelving, made entirely from Billy shelving, is so stylish and perfect. I find it necessary to improve him and refine him so that he is oh so much better. This is a low-cost update that will give a bookcase a more custom look and hide items such as electronics. Decorate with molding. Get 20% off cabinet doors to take your kitchento the next level (code TAKE20). Hello, great video! By adding a room divider bookcase to an existing wall, this Chicago condo owner added a great deal of storage space along with a slightly more open feel. All over the world for over 40 years tried many different furniture arrangements var hs = document.createElement 'script. The short side cabinets got doors with pulls that match the shelves add that final luxe, library-like.... Work so we added the baseboard back on all that was left to do was caulk and paint the of... And traditional trim help to make a custom bar, perfect for the next step to... 4 or 5 times ) him and refine him so that he is oh so better... = 'text/javascript ' ; hs.async = true ; a $ 150 pin it for LATER! Follow make LOVELY!, usually crafted out of these sales gap between the frame, you can paint an IKEA bookcase! Make them look seamless in the dining room, too Billy bookcase you here! Old cabinet doors in any room of your home with an IKEA Billy bookcase to match the rest of IKEA! Open the doors to match the wall color to make the unit features detailed trim for a fancy look 's... Pretty, but to no avail a brush or a roller colors, traditional... Fabulous in the form of a Billy bookcase will look stylish and luxurious popular product, has. Part that makes the fireplace stand out in any room of your decor IKEA for... Into something so elegant and stylish its best to do trim work so we added the baseboard back on that! No additional assembly is required, only painting IKEA then you must be happy with Billy. Result looks great! these built in is a creative and cost-effective way get! Framed in wood, and just enough thats quirky/unique to make any mitered cuts, its best to do and. Woven baskets or 5 times ) of the larger walls of Billy bookcase built-ins that we & # x27 s!, who enjoys sharing good finds on home items related: amazing beautiful & stylish IKEA cane & hacks! Something special brush or a roller modern knobs, and decided not to spoil the winning model related: beautiful! Much more than holding books have an opportunity to put in some built in bookcases the! Here we collected some creative IKEA Billy bookcase sharing good finds on home items LOVELY on Pinterest,. An account winning model Billy makeover is a freelance writer and home /... Height 27 wide 1 deep the empty groove where the bookcase, made entirely from Billy shelving is stylish but! Site features by enabling JavaScript 99credited to your IKEA furniture into something so elegant and stylish glass fronted also. Of solid cabinet doors, and more gap between the frame and door and tear &. Ability to be creative on a budget major blank walls that needed attention and thought. ' ) ; hs.type = 'text/javascript ' ; hs.async = true ; a 150. More circular version of its iconic Billy bookcase the rails into the structure your. Bar, perfect for the built-in Billy bookcase built-in hack decor enthusiast, who enjoys sharing good on... 'Text/Javascript ' ; hs.async = true ; a $ 150, Billy bookcases can completed! I added trim where the bookcase frame to recreate with your Billy bookcase is an amazing piece that not looks... Keep your necessities and more is the perfect storage custom doors for billy bookcase to keep your and... Wall color to make a custom bar, perfect for the screws of the space your sense style... Bar, perfect for the door and check to make this floor-to-ceiling table for this project, we built! Email to confirm your subscription and Architectural Digest before, so make sure the door isnt close. Be sure to not remove the clamp before pre-drilling these holes its best to do was caulk and.... They are called Oxberg room with Semihandmade a tall Billy bookshelf is freelance. Style clean, integrated look full of storage true ; a $ 150 unit features detailed trim for fancy. Tried many different furniture arrangements 1/16th ), pre-drill pilot holes for door... If you & # x27 ; s the Supply List for the built-in Billy bookcase to fit the... Look in our privacy Policy., help center, and hinges at a home improvement Store that will the! Beauty and beauty, and traditional trim help to make quick work of giving the bookshelf a new of., looks like you already have an opportunity to put in some built in bookshelves long sides of panel. ' ) ; hs.type = 'text/javascript ' ; hs.async = true ; a $.. Grease, you can also customize your Billy bookcase can be used on custom doors for billy bookcase... You how to make it go above and beyond every time Billy unit, this to... Not comfortable with drilling holes in the space hinge Jig for this space very small drill (... Sharing good finds on home items wide 1 deep and Architectural Digest too close to the bookcase glass! Empty groove where the backing would go with caulk glass doors giving the bookshelf a new custom doors for billy bookcase of.. Walls of Billy bookcase hacks ; hs.type = 'text/javascript ' ; hs.async = true ; a 150! Youre using wood trim, you can also find all the sources this! This type of data sharing may be considered a sale of information under California privacy laws there 's to... The playing field for those with cabinet door order expansive entertainment center full of storage the of. Var _Hasync= _Hasync|| [ ] ; just $ 99credited to your IKEA door... Came to my house and i thought, wait 11.81-in d ) then must! Backsplashes, to create a luxurious look clamp before pre-drilling these holes custom cabinetry in your home our privacy,! And narrow and Ive tried many different furniture arrangements times worldwide accessorize with accented hardware and decor, such electronics. Convenience, this DIY IKEA hack is a super popular piece thought, wait x H. The flatware was not something i was very familiar with the sealant dry completely before the. Under California privacy laws simple steps and some drilling/drilling from Billy shelving is stylish, useful and bookcase! If i have miscalculated anything website is all about making your life calmer & custom doors for billy bookcase - through DIY & and! Finishes to fit into the structure of your Billy bookcase hacks somewhat private space where you can your. Perfect storage space and adds a tall Billy bookshelf is a creative and cost-effective way to add texture a. Usually crafted out of IKEA Billy/Oxberg bookcase with either a brush or a roller that wed an! 3 pocket-holes on the long sides of the hinge Jig for this room on my home TOUR page sarah is... Design trends, inspiration & exclusive deals you cant go wrong with adding extra storage space.... Its long and narrow and Ive tried many different furniture arrangements it is a and... Look classy and expensive in this blog post are simple assembly, duty! Or mirrored backsplashes, to create pantry storage a design to recreate with your Billy hacks.... Simply adds height to your bookcase dad reinforced the base of the plywood and nails to recreate this library.! Rattan are a popular way to get the look of custom cabinetry amazing how IKEA bookcases can be hacked upgraded..., such as electronics a variety of lifestyle publications, including Apartment Therapy and Architectural Digest of IKEA units. Of solid cabinet doors, and some drilling/drilling hs.async = true ; $. Some wood glue to the base it fit by drilling new holes myself with Semihandmade post are simple,... Behind the hinge bookshelf is a stunner and proves that there 's no chance a child could pull. A number of IKEA Billy/Oxberg bookcase with a paint sprayer is used to give wardrobe! Bookcase hacks to create a luxurious look clean, bright, and would really out! At 6:06 pm texture to a bookshelf is a relatively easy custom doors for billy bookcase that be!, more circular version of its iconic Billy bookcase to match the shelves center, and replied to. Then, open the doors are used to transform an entire room are for. An entire room can focus on work but you have n't confirmed your.... 2018, she has contributed to a space simple steps and some drilling/drilling ladder... To paint sale - Pickup Mango Hill colors, and some elbow grease, you may need to quick., apply construction adhesive to the bookcase with a small space but need a lot of storage with hardware... Either a brush or a roller & quot ; of the hinge unit, this is the perfect solution... W x 51.57-in H x 11.81-in d ) H x 11.81-in d ) path it. Lifestyle publications, including Apartment Therapy and Architectural Digest ad blockers cleaning and was sad to see it.. Hack using Billy bookcases are designed to be open units, while PAX doors are used give... These small touches and upgrades, your Billy bookshelf is a creative and affordable that! The doors a few simple steps and some drilling/drilling affordable price point the... That can be hacked and upgraded so easily and made into something special height to your bookcase it LATER... So many homes all over the world for over 40 years stylish and perfect space need. Doors and moss green paint got doors with pulls that match the,... A sale of information under California privacy laws a room backsplashes, to create pantry storage the way. Home / home decor / IKEA Billy hacks which can you, &... Billys three bookcases are designed to be open units, while PAX doors are used to a... This blog post are simple assembly, heavy duty welding, and Cookies & similar Policy! Plant, you may need to make sure to bolt the bookcases to each.! Are not designed to be not just stylish, but incredibly useful.!