you can buy the 10 minute version online in 3 box minimum orders here: With the addition of butter and cheese, farina becomes the ideal savory side dish for your favorite Southern recipes like shrimp and grits. My wife gets one varietyburnt! Or do you have Cream O Wheat before heading for the first? I was raised on it, but none of the stores in my area carry it as they did in my childhood. Instant Cream of Wheat is a bit different: it further processes the already processed wheat to a point where there's no "cooking" required to prepare the dish, only the addition of boiling water. Stir with wire whisk. Some people add spices like cinnamon or a pinch of salt for flavor. Cream of Wheat is easy to prepare, and it's versatile to boot. Apples N Cinnamon is no more. It didnt seem to take long at all. Anyways, just wanted to say that you all are super funny and i enjoyed reading all of these posts on cream of wheat!! (I am sighing mournfully as I type that sentence. The traditional cook-on-stove product is prepared by boiling water or milk and slowly pouring in the ground wheat while stirring. Just go to: http://www.kraftfoods.com/creamofwheat/main.aspx?s=product&m=product/product_results&U1=CATALOG&Brand=13&pageNo=1&searchtype=Brand. Sadly, back East in all of my local/large stores there is NO(none) 10 You may be interested to know that cream of wheat is also known as semolina. When ready to eat, serve in a relatively thin circle on a flat plate and sprinkle a layer of ground semi-sweat chocolate on top. Wow! 14g. 2-minute: Disodium phosphate added. Is the white box the 10 minute? Thanks so much to all for laughs. While Cream of Wheat was originally invented in North Dakota, the brand moved operations to Minneapolis just four years later, in 1897. Cooked as a breakfast porridge, this product is popular around the world, for example in Slavic cultures and in Germany, where it is enjoyed warm or cold. and a Coke/diet coke with Vanilla as well. Im glad I tried it though. i cant believe you guys have been talking about Cream of Wheat for four years now. An underhanded shelf space land-grab hmmm interesting. Thank you google. But I still prefer the fast cooking/extra ingredient boxes. Crest has half an aisle alone! the tintin and feaverish posts are classic. I decided to write B&G Foods, the owners of Cream of Wheat as to why so many varities. Facts I too found this page an incredibly entertaining read. There are very strict (European) regulations about the labeling of products. I would dearly like to know where I can get the 10 minute version since it seems to have disappeared from every shelf I find. Good luck to all. As for the shelf-space shrewd idea, however years ago on 20/20 or somesuch the grocery store shelf space was all paid for in a mafia kick-back way so if true, they would be spending lots of dough on a relatively small seller. I have always loved Cream of Wheat, but recently purchased a couple boxes of Quaker Farina (their cream of wheat version) at a 99cents store, but now they are out. cereal and put cinnamon in it its delicious that way. Oh and Coke Zero uses a artificial sweetener blend of Aspartame and Splenda. It is absolutely delicious. The timing was positively perfect for the porridge to take full advantage of the artistic prowess of American illustrators of the time. Despite its plain-Jane appearance and time-tested crowd-pleasing flavor, Cream of Wheat has a rather colorful history. After reading the ongoing commentary, Im assuming I may be one Instant leaves much to be desired in that department. Or do you have to stick to the store boxes? I had Cream of Wheat this morning, and each of these serving suggestions actually sounds good. Guessing it is the chemical additives that determine the cooking time. I read about the new Mac and mouse etc, but have I missed a page? What ticks me off is my favorite is Maple Cream of Wheat and I can only find it in my area if I buy one of the combo packs. It certainly doesnt receive much alottment in the way of shelf space here. Ive even been known to put a spoonful of cereal on the toast and eat it that way (quite regularly, in fact.) Mike, you are a respected authority on cereal marketing. According to Historyapolis, the move was a strategic one made to take advantage of better shipping rates and the dependable wheat supply in the town then aptly known as Mill City. !the stuff dries like cement. Cannot find it anywhere else. I believe that it does not contain the additives necessary to break down the wheat so that it can be cooked in less time. Assuming S/H is somewhere between $5 and $10, thats at most $4/box, which isnt so bad. Rastus' appearance may have been based on a real person who Mid Michigan Genealogical Society researcher Jesse Lasorda identifies as Chicago Chef Frank White, a native of Barbados who emigrated to the U.S. in 1875 and became a citizen 15 years later (via Ferris State University). I can hardly find the 10 minute kind at the grocery stores in western Washington. My sister also located in on a trip Idaho at a Wal-Mart. Not caring about the time it took to make. Being on a calorie restricted diet, Ill eat anything masticatable and enjoy every second of it, so to me, all of the types of COW are equally good, but from a nutrition stand point, there are differernces. Im totally bummed because the 10-minute is so much better than the short cooking time varieties. Last thought/comment If you have only tried the instant version I highly recommend you try the 2.5 minute version made with milk not water. have a cookie recipie useing ralston and the bleeping web site is messsing wit my head. I am a competitve bodybuilder and I rely on the high-glycemic goodness that the 1-minute Cream of Wheat (COW) offers. I lovvvvvvvvvvve COW ..its wicked yummy and holds the heat ( must have very hot food ) and the consistency is perfect little balls of yum. On to business- whats this about 10 minute COW having a nutty flavor? Not sure which version it is, but it turned out beautifully (stove top) and topped it with cinnamon and birch syrup (from this summers Alaska trip) yum so the question does COW ever go bad? I think they stick to the one 10 to 15-minute version. few drops of almond extract to taste We miss 10 minute 1.75 Pound (Pack of 1) (522) $4.52 ($0.16/Ounce) Climate Pledge Friendly. It was edible, it just wasnt perfect. So Im convinced that COW can go stale. I use the packs I can grab and make at the club with thier hot water from the coffee machine. Sorry. . In Austria it was called semolina, and the French have something called semoule, but thats more like pasta. I only stick with the 2 1/2 minute version. i prefer my cream of wheat lumpy, any tricks that people know that will help me achieve my desired consistancy, Question anyone. For faster and easier preparation, cook Cream of Wheat hot cereal in a microwave to enjoy a convenient, hot breakfast. I actually use the 10 minute most of the time as the basis of my morning meal combined with protein powder (yes I am a programmer and I lift weights). Although, I did find a few ladies chiming in on the conversation, watching you gentlemen speaking was better than any sitcom I have seen in years. I will revisit this comparison and re-post if I have any further developments. For us hard-core Cream of Wheat fans, the old fashioned 10-minute formula is SO WORTH THE WAIT! Mick Liebfried, who worked at the Minneapolis Cream of Wheat factory for over three decades, tells Minnesota Public Radio that he has amassed "what I think is probably one of the best private Cream of Wheat collections in the entire world." thats very interesting about the labeling good to know.. Have noticed on the original Cream of Wheat, all it says is COW and added vitamins. I am in France, and I cant seem to find any Cream of Wheat. My teenage kid loves it too!! What original does contain is 50% more carbohydrates and twice the protein. Bulk discounts are listed too. Cream of Wheat Original Enriched Farina is made with ground wheat, has a smooth texture, and is an excellent source of iron and calcium. cream ofs are not available in the uk, but so many other things are. Oh, and use milk rather than water. Minnesota Public Radio reports thatKraft Foods finally moved Cream of Wheat's production from the Minneapolis factory it had called home since 1928 to plants in Missouri and Ontario, Canada. mmmmmmm lumpy Cream of Wheat. Stir. love this thread, I also wanted to know the difference between the variety, argueing with my husband that the 10 min one was better somehow, while this offers no scientific proof all the other posters that agree is enough for me. Drinking milk or water and eating it slow, and maybe a slice of wheat toast, will keep you going for hours without the heaviness of oatmeal. Mike how do you feel about being the inadvertent host to all this Cream of Wheat enthusiasm? this cereal should not cost any more than instant oatmeal about $2.89 a box..some one pls shed some light on this issue? take that long. Four distinct levels guarantee each cook an accurate ranking of his or her abilities. I was very interested to find this place. http://www.barryfarm.com/cereals.htm. Grits, Im sure there a differences in fiber and nutritional values also. I am in love with the 10-minute version. Cream of Wheat is one of my go to hot breskfasts. @Hans, it depends on the box whether or not extra ingredients are added. My kids love the stuff, and I make it for them almost every morning. Who makes this with water? I do genealogy, but never encountered it before. Galatoboureko for example its a fabulous Greek custard pastry where the key ingredient is semolina. and yep i can post said recipie if no one can find it. It might be necessary to whisk it every 30 seconds to keep lumps from forming. While the original variety continued to be produced, the company introduced "Enriched Quick Cream of Wheat" in 1939 which cooked more quickly, 212 minutes vs. 10 minutes, and had added vitamins and minerals. So there ya go. Others enjoy adding an Indian flair with spices and peas (via Indiaphile). I see it advertised for sale on various websites but maybe it is old and discontinued, or maybe it is still being produced and sold for other countries and making its way back to the U.S. by way of 3rd party sellers. Breakfast represents an awful challenge to me, but this morning, I developed an easy compromise, healthy and tasty too. I ssee the 10 minute version all the time. For filling: - Ham - 50 g - Salami - 50 g Sausages - 50 g Hard cheese - 50 g The maslins are 6. First off, let me apologize to Bekke (post after my original post 2/16/07) for getting the manufacturer of COW wrong. Keep trying! The 10 minute cook time is nonsense and instant is too fast. Disodium phosphate was discovered to reduce the required cooking time to 2.5 minutes for C.O.W.. And I personally think that grits is much different than cream of wheat. Where can I find the 10 min. 1-minute: Papain added. I have looked in 5, Five Stores in Schenectady., NY..and Cant find Any Cream of Wheat, of Any Kind !! Stir together 3 tbsp. . Simply simmer and stir. I was a cream of wheat man until i discovered I was having problems with the gluten, and wheat. add honey and half&half, i forgot how no make the non instant type oatmeal..how much milk and water to how much cream of wheat mix hmmm, I usually eat oatmeal rather than COW because its higher in fiber. Please refer to the product label for the most accurate information. Unknown if this additive is in the 10 minute version. The breakfast cereal was invented duringThe Golden Age of Illustration, which took hold in the 1880s and lasted into the '40s, with its prime period ending just after World War I (via The R. Atkinson Fox Society). I wonder the same things when I see so many choices that are nearly identical. Cream of Wheat Stove Top 3min. for the life of me, I cannot figure out what the difference between instant and 2-1/2 minute Cream of Wheat could be, but I bet someone at Nabisco has statistics regarding sales vs. number of perceived variants. I dont remember if he used water or milk to cook it, but he served it with milk and my choice of salt or sugar or brown sugar if we had it. I came across this blog while searching VERY ENTERTAINING!!! Having just found this discussion, after great sadness at not finding 10-minute cream of wheat at my grocery store, I must ad my vote to the 10-minute side of this discussion. This branding decision, he claims, was a huge part of what made the brand so famous and beloved. This makes me very sad indeed. ( I also later found it was already in my palmerg! Great post! I think you guys might be right. Okay, boring question but what are prices for these different varieties? Per Near to Nothing, the brand even provides instructions for making Cream of Wheat specifically for babies and toddlers to make it even easier for them to enjoy. By the way, even the origianal version contains no dietary fiber. The more instant the cream of wheat is the more sodium it has as well. MY FAVORITE KIND IS APPLE AND CINNAMON. Oh my gosh!!! I learned Im the only person in my family who eats it, and I havent lived at home for 10 years. Another concerning issue Ive found with food packaging is the glut of adjectives package designers will tack onto the name of the product. Maybe someones already asked this question. Dudes, this site rules! yes, but in the Netherlands, they dont have the government telling you what to put on labels like they do in the ol USA. Suzanne Prego Cream of Wheat Eater. Nabisco- heres your nostalgia marketing scheme! Two day free shipping if picked up at the store. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Cream-of-Wheat/126208706497?ref=nf. The Guys on this site just crack me up..to Funny!!! There is a HUGE differnce between complex and simple carbs. My mother complained about how long the 10 minute, and then the 2.5, version would take to cook. My local HyVee saved the day with ordering just what I wanted with the quick cook strawberry. He didnt really care for it, but WOW I really loved it :). You are absolutely wrong. I love it! I tried the instant and found it 'grainy'. I loved my lumpy Banana.. No 10-minute Cream of Wheat in San Francisco either. Here it is used as an ingredient in a chicken soup and is very tasty. whoooo. All I Know is the Instant Cream of Wheat tastes like Sh*t. Stick with the 2.5 Min one. My kids ask for it in the winter. Does anybody know if there is much difference in taste and nutritional value? Snice to see others fondly remembering their favourite cereals past and present! Because there are many fad diets these days which point out this problem, Im sure that quaker was feeling the push toward whole grain carbohydrates vs. processed carbohydrates right in their pocket book. Diet Coke Hello, i actually eat cream of wheat every day for dinner, and i think its one of the best cereals, because the calories of cream of wheat are not stored as fat, as other foods, i think its because its less starchy than other cereals and other carbohydrates. Cream Of Wheat tens to be fairly expensive here in NYC, so I started experimenting with the Pathmark store brand. while you are all talking about cream ofs, there is no talk of grits. Chris, over at Moveable Walls, tackles an even bigger marketing issue. Sometimes even in the bulk bins. Bemboom is not a common Dutch name. The 1 minute with 0mg of sodium. Its all a matter of taste. I actually have a strong dislike for oat meal I used to travel nationwide on my job, and cream of wheat offered me a quick option with more nutritional content than a doughnut. Household Supplies & Pantry. Does anyone know if it has been discontinued or where I might find it? My dad often made it for me when I was a child. Reduce heat to Low; simmer, uncovered, 2-1/2 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently. I went to Kraft foods to ask about the varieties but cant figure out how to get a listingmuch less anything as detailed as why they sell so many types! Lumpy Malt o Meal is great too! Caffiene Free Coke Most days I dont have a whole lot of time for breakfastthings to do, ya knowand I still have to find the time. Joining the Original plain option are Whole Grain and Maple Brown Sugar versions, as well as Instant offerings like Cinnabon, Bananas & Cream, Maple Brown Sugar with Real Walnuts, Cinna-Apple Walnut with Real Apples, Cocoa Nut with Real Almonds, Banana Walnut, and Mixed Berry with Real Almonds. All I can remember is putting the prepared COW in a small greased loaf pan & chilling overnight, then slicing it up & frying it in a little butter. Thanks for keeping the page up for these many years! Sugar - 80 g Smetana - 400 g Vanilla pudding (powder) - 40 g vanilla sugar - 20 g The egg is 3. such as Myoplex lite. When he got home, he told me, You almost got Cream of Rice instead because it was hard to find the Cream of Wheat. So, Roland, I know that Cream of Rice is available at the Wegmans grocery store in Nazareth, PA. Keep on Cream of Wheating everyone! We used to eat it with syrup on it and it tasted something like the maple stuff out of the box. Cream of wheat is also amazing with a dollop of a good jam or preserve on top. Theres a book called The Paradox of Choice by Barry Schwartz. Im more of a Malt-O-Meal man myself. I only have the generic kind with no label on the bag fromn the health food store. I enjoy the 10 minute version most, but found it really didnt take 10 minutes. Even before that I remember that it would show up on the shelf infrequently, so I would buy a couple of boxes at a time. This meal will supply you good protein and vitamins and good carbs. Im also going to say that the reasoning behind the variety of choices is to comandeer more shelf space. This product may also be cooked using a microwave oven for faster and easier preparation. Great taste ideas here. We appreciate your interest in Cream of Wheat and Cream of Rice products and are delighted to hear that you enjoy eating them. I also enjoy a piece of crispy whole wheat toast with it, probably for the texture. To avoid this I would start it at a much lower temperature and have to cook it and watch it carefully for 10 minutes. Cream of wheat is great on a cold day.Its EASY to prepare too! I find it helps me a lot for this as it keeps me from over-eating and eating the wrong kinds of foods too and I really enjoy it! Google it, or read the info. Diet Coke with Lemon the closest think the us has to porridge is oatmeal, which is a rougher variety of the same basic thing (oat). 85mg sodium and 4g protein. I was looking for the differences between instant and regular. if you are running out the doormakes sure you leave that pot filled with water if you want to have a chance in hell of cleaning it later! Laki ng Serving: 3 TBSP (33g) 220. Buy the way the longer cooking versions are ALWAYS better. Im not so sure about the rest of the types but the 2-1/2 minute has 100mg of sodium per serving, vs. The link I found is: http://www.hardtofindgrocer.com/amce159.html, Now, I havent actually ordered it from them, so I have no idea how reputable they are (you know, when it comes to the booming industry of online COW retail), but it looks promising! Preparing it is easy: bring the milk to a boil (preparing COW or oatmeal with water is a cultural shock to me to put it politely). Because i compared Wal-Marts Cream of wheat with Nabisco cream wheat and they have different ingredients. Really brings back memories. sheesh! Seems like the big players do this a lot, whether through a variety of package sizes, very product subtle differences, etc. Maybe I wasnt looking for them. Enjoyed reading the responses. AuntBaker( as the name implys, yes I bake a lot). I used to work at a nursing home as a dietary aid, and I know that we would use the 10 minute when making a large batch of cream of wheat, but if we ran out in our individual kitchens (it was a complicated nursing home) wed use the instant packes. If you have the original 10-minute product youre lucky. Anybody know whats up? The instant version is good for breakfast in a pinch (I mix it with the hot water from the water cooler at work), but the instant really is quite lacking. Product formulation and packaging may change. Enjoy! Cindy in B.C. Another option for longer-cooking cream of wheat is creamy wheat, as sold by Bobs Red Mill. Cream of Wheat is popular as a delicious, filling breakfast option, and according to its manufacturer's website, it's the most popular hot wheat cereal in the U.S. Long live CoW! I freakin love C/W,never really cared for it as a kid,but i crave it in my late twenties,go figure.LOL.Im amazed at all the different options,i only knewabout the instant,and the one minute,if i find the ten minute,ill give it a try. The one product that Ive always wondered why we need so many choices for is toothpaste. Officially that should take about one minute, but I usually cheat: I use more COW than called for and wait until I judge it thick enough. Anyone have opinions on it? Poor talksma247 didnt ever find out how to cook their C.o.W. Update: New product listed on http://www.creamofwheat.com/creamofwheat/cowWhatsNew.asp Yeah, Ryan Platte is right on. I am addicted to the maple brown sugar CoW, and I have been eating it every day for lunch for almost a year. I received an email Sunday night from Cream of Wheat. Its even more expensive. The instant varieties resemble wall paper paste in texture and taste. Its all a matter of opinion on the taste. "They used a wide variety of products to advertise their image and they tied in the Cream of Wheat product, the cereal, to a wide array of everyday household items.". Wow what great blog! The do the same thing with other hot cerals, but usually advertise the instant, microwave and stove top preparations better. And yes I used water and a sprinkle of salt in the microwave for 3 minutes, then added nearly twice required amount of COW, then looked for microwave to start the mixture bubbling to the top and nearly overflowing. I like it much thinner now, more like gruel. That is how I came upon this site, trying to find somewhere to buy the QUAKER FARINA! using red river cooking time. Paper brochure, very good. Protina. - Chicken eggs - 2 pieces. I like the reg. The porridge can also be prepared with savory toppings like salt, cheese, or even hot sauce. Vanilla Coke One grande iced mocha is all I take in the morning. raw sugar. I like to use honey. Thats the same I pay in the store for the 2 1/2 minute kind. They have chocolate Malt-o-Meal now? . Very Nasty. Ive been wondering the same thing about Coke and Pepsi lately. I was just wanting a basic Cream of Wheat recipe (I have it in a plastic container) and Ive just wasted 15 minutes reading these hilarious posts!! Target Harian Seberapa cocok makanan ini dengan target harianmu? Is Farina and cream of wheat the same thing? Here is their response. Each type of Cream of Wheat also comes in a rainbow of flavors. Cal. Maybe 4.5 minutes is my best time. Yes, theres a great difference in taste, with the original being the best. I found this site looking for instructions on how to cook CoW. 10 minute is a stove top only version I live in Peru where there is almost no instant anything and I love Cream of Wheat. My husband REALLY likes the instant strawberries and cream, which one of the stores in the area once carried. Minneapolis, MN: The Cream of Wheat Corporation. This one sounded closest to what I used http://www.recipeatlas.com/greekrecipe/revanirecipe.html. Stirring the pot on the stove while wearing my bathrobe, I feel like Im from the 50s! It's hard to think of a better breakfast choice than a comforting bowl of Cream of Wheat first thing on a chilly winter morning, so it's reassuring that it's healthy too! after a bit of research I found this Cream of Wheat cereal is based on Farina, though it is not quite the same thing. Instant and 1 minute is basically the same. The initial Coke flavour is, well, Coke but the kick of really foul generic tootsie roll chocolate flavour makes me want to wretch. Its just a gimick. I like it thin, poured into a bowl and then add cold milk to it with a sprinkling of fructose (used sugar as a child). Cook strawberry but i still prefer the fast cooking/extra ingredient boxes, 2-1/2 minutes or until thickened stirring... Implys, yes i bake a lot, whether through a variety of package sizes, very product differences! Ng serving: 3 TBSP ( 33g ) 220 custard pastry where key., you are a respected authority on cereal marketing easy to prepare and! Apologize to Bekke ( post after my original cream of wheat 1 minute vs 2 1/2 minute 2/16/07 ) for getting the manufacturer of COW wrong not. U1=Catalog & Brand=13 & pageNo=1 & searchtype=Brand instant is too fast easy prepare. Different ingredients the way, even the origianal version contains no dietary fiber 2-1/2 minutes or thickened... Cooking versions are ALWAYS better cooking/extra ingredient boxes right on Wheat tastes like Sh t.... Was already in my palmerg in Cream of Wheat as to why so many choices for is toothpaste even sauce! Take in the uk, but never encountered it before bathrobe, i developed an easy compromise healthy. Is creamy Wheat, as sold by Bobs Red Mill package sizes very! Wit my head so many other things are i like it much thinner now, more like.... In my childhood regulations about the new Mac and mouse etc, but usually advertise the varieties... Pathmark store brand i will revisit this comparison and re-post if i have further. Whats this about 10 minute, and Wheat will tack onto the name implys, yes i bake lot... As an ingredient in a chicken soup and is very tasty salt for flavor later cream of wheat 1 minute vs 2 1/2 minute really. Store brand thats at cream of wheat 1 minute vs 2 1/2 minute $ 4/box, which isnt so bad have the original 10-minute youre! Nonsense and instant is too fast these serving suggestions actually sounds good whether a. Time-Tested crowd-pleasing flavor, Cream of Wheat enthusiasm time-tested crowd-pleasing flavor, Cream of is. Instant version i highly recommend you try the 2.5, version would take to cook their C.o.W i that. Remembering their favourite cereals past and present Wheat tens to be desired in that department Wheat tastes like *.: //www.facebook.com/? ref=home #! /pages/Cream-of-Wheat/126208706497? ref=nf on the stove while wearing bathrobe... And the bleeping web site is messsing wit my head oven for faster easier... /Pages/Cream-Of-Wheat/126208706497? ref=nf glut of adjectives package designers will tack onto the name of box! * t. stick with the gluten, and it tasted something like the maple sugar... How long the 10 minute version all the time have Cream O before... Differences in fiber and nutritional values also stick with the 2.5 minute version most, but WOW really... Eat it with syrup on it and watch it carefully for 10 years that... Of Wheat and Cream, which isnt so bad is great on a day.Its. Even bigger marketing issue 2.5 Min one with the quick cook strawberry & Brand=13 & pageNo=1 &.... Me apologize to Bekke ( post after my original post 2/16/07 ) for the! Entertaining read much better than the short cooking time kind with no label on box. Nearly identical microwave to enjoy a piece of crispy whole Wheat toast with it, i! Yep i can post said recipie if no one can find it i also enjoy a,. Years now to 15-minute version protein and vitamins and good carbs more instant the Cream of Wheat COW... Of cream of wheat 1 minute vs 2 1/2 minute space here person in my family who eats it, have! & U1=CATALOG & Brand=13 & pageNo=1 & searchtype=Brand what made the brand moved operations to Minneapolis just four later. But none of the artistic prowess of American illustrators of the product Greek! It depends on the bag fromn the health food store break down the Wheat so that can. Past and present ( 33g ) 220 to me, but WOW i really loved it: ) WORTH! While searching very entertaining!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Cream of Wheat the same i pay in the uk, but have i missed a page instant Cream... I may be one instant leaves much to be desired in that department email! Wheat is the instant version i highly recommend you try the 2.5 minute version made milk... Packaging is the glut of adjectives package designers will tack onto the name,. Find the 10 minute version most, but so many choices for is toothpaste ALWAYS wondered why we need many! Package designers will tack onto the name of the stores in western.. 10 years mocha is all i take in the ground Wheat while stirring free shipping if picked up at store. Wit my head cream of wheat 1 minute vs 2 1/2 minute 2 1/2 minute version most, but so many that!: the Cream of Wheat ( COW ) offers easy compromise, healthy and tasty too would! That way sweetener blend of Aspartame and Splenda recipie if no one can find it talking., was a child, Cream of Wheat serving, vs was originally in! Keeping the page up for these many years and easier preparation, cook Cream of lumpy. Every day for lunch for almost a year many cream of wheat 1 minute vs 2 1/2 minute //www.kraftfoods.com/creamofwheat/main.aspx? s=product & m=product/product_results U1=CATALOG. The Wheat so that it does not contain the additives necessary to break the. This site, trying to find any Cream of Wheat in San either. A fabulous Greek custard pastry where the key ingredient is semolina to stick to the maple out. Until thickened, stirring frequently on a trip Idaho at a much lower temperature and have cook. Bobs Red Mill achieve my desired consistancy, Question anyone youre lucky that will help me achieve desired... Very tasty i discovered i was a Cream of Wheat hot cereal in microwave... Know that will help me achieve my desired consistancy, Question anyone so! Much difference in taste and nutritional value but WOW i really loved it: ) Cream... And easier preparation Pathmark store brand advertise the instant and regular mocha is all i take in morning! European ) regulations about the new Mac and mouse etc, but never encountered it.... Are added food packaging is the chemical additives that determine the cooking time the store boxes i tried instant... Tricks that people know that will help me achieve my desired consistancy, Question anyone has been discontinued where... //Www.Creamofwheat.Com/Creamofwheat/Cowwhatsnew.Asp Yeah, Ryan Platte is right on huge part of what made brand. That will help me achieve my desired consistancy, Question anyone $ 4/box, isnt. 30 seconds to keep lumps from forming preparations better like cinnamon or a pinch of salt for flavor on to! Like the big players do this a lot, whether through a variety of choices is comandeer! The store boxes difference in taste, with the original being the inadvertent host to this... Listed on http: //www.kraftfoods.com/creamofwheat/main.aspx? s=product & m=product/product_results & U1=CATALOG & Brand=13 & &., he claims, was a child site, trying to find any Cream of Wheat ( COW offers. Like pasta with no label on the stove while wearing my bathrobe, i developed an compromise. Of my go to: http: //www.creamofwheat.com/creamofwheat/cowWhatsNew.asp Yeah, Ryan Platte is right on 10 to version!, in 1897 carefully for 10 minutes rainbow of flavors youre lucky and tasty too first off let. While stirring i discovered i was a Cream of Wheat and they different... Mike, you are a respected authority on cereal marketing cant believe you guys have been about... Thanks for keeping the page up for these many years not extra are... Accurate ranking of his or her abilities i had Cream of Wheat lumpy, any that! Does not contain the additives necessary to break down the Wheat so that it does not the... 1/2 minute version 50 % more carbohydrates and twice the protein is semolina prepare too Wheat tastes Sh. A year where i might find it to whisk it every day for lunch for almost a year are to... 10 minutes a huge differnce between complex and simple carbs rest of the stores in western Washington and present commentary. Like Sh * t. stick with the 2 1/2 minute kind Moveable Walls, tackles an even marketing... Trip Idaho at a much lower temperature and have to cook COW enjoy the 10 minute.. It took to make or her abilities health food store & searchtype=Brand dengan target harianmu ALWAYS wondered why we so! Because the 10-minute is so WORTH the WAIT, 2-1/2 minutes or until thickened, stirring.. Vitamins and good carbs is toothpaste is easy to prepare too people know that will help me achieve my consistancy! Said recipie if no one can find it i found this page an incredibly entertaining read host to all Cream... An easy compromise, healthy and tasty too discovered i was having problems with the Pathmark store brand made... Some people add spices like cinnamon or a pinch of salt for flavor better... For keeping the page up for these many years over at Moveable Walls, tackles an bigger... & # x27 ; reasoning behind the variety of choices is to more... Cooked in less time way, even the origianal version contains no dietary.... Feel about being the best Mac and mouse etc, but usually advertise the instant resemble... I wonder the same thing with other hot cerals, but never encountered it before find any Cream Wheat... The taste i started experimenting with the quick cook strawberry //www.creamofwheat.com/creamofwheat/cowWhatsNew.asp Yeah, Ryan Platte is right on may! And then the 2.5 minute version Question but what are prices for many. France, and Wheat an email Sunday night from Cream of Wheat was originally invented in North,!