. If I didnt think Id eat it all by myself as soon as it was out of the oven, Id run to the kitchen and make it this second! This cake is definitely a pound cake its dense and wonderful and lovely to slice and have with a cup of tea or coffee or a big jug o milk. This looks fabulous!! Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. delicious! 2 0 obj Cooked for 1 hour 20 minutes and it was perfect. Please see the below for details on how to make cake flour. Our passion is to show you how to make beautiful food without spending all day in the kitchen. Cream cheese pound cake is delicious because it is super moist and fluffy, unlike any other cake texture that you can make from scratch. This looks AMAZING! My husband ate a piece before it cooled, then ate another piece after it cooled and I had applied the glaze. Your email address will not be published. At Paulas house, a meal is a feast filled with the tastes, aromas, and spirited conversation reminiscent of a holiday family gathering. It tastes better today as the flavours seem to enhance. Gotta think up an excuse , Wowthis looks amazing! Remove from heat, and let cool to room temperature. The glaze is a winner! Stir in chocolate chips. I just love peanut butter & chocolate! I cook a lot with silicone bakeware/cookware and I have a 10 cup silicone bundt pan that is the perfect size. The glaze was amazing! Add eggs and vanilla; beat until well combined. I am going to try this cake, but I have noticed that it is set to bake a 325, most of the cakes i have made are always at 350,. This might be the problem with the burning on the outside and uncooked on the inside. Paula Deens cream cheese pound cake makes the perfect pound cake. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); I made this for my father in law several times now and he just loves it! It was also really easy to make, definitely going on my favorites list. 6 0 obj Got rave reviews on this cake. Again press coating onto cake. Using an electric mixer, cream together butter, shortening, and 3 cups sugar until fluffy. It seems like there were air pockets between the top of the cake and the crust, and i cant get it to stay, i guess solid would be the word. Use a serrated knife to cut slices. The bottom and sides started to get too brown before 1 hour. Pour batter into prepared pan. Typically, when making this pound cake recipe, I like to use a bundt cake pan. In a large bowl, combine the butter and shortening. Transfer to a rack and let cool 10 to 15 minutes in the pan. YUM!!!! This looks absolutely amazing! Forget the skillet cookies at BJs or all those other restaurants, this is it! This sounds too good for words. If browning too quickly, just place a piece of foil loosely over the top of the pan. You can easily adapt the above recipe for Paula Deens cream cheese poundcake, to be a chocolate cream cheese pound cake if you wish. Needless to say the mixer went onto the trash (stand and all) an the cake went into the oven, where it turned out delicious after baking for 1 hour and a half. Can I use a bundt pan instead of a tube pan? Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and smooth the top. WHOA! It will go a long way towards helping you make the perfect cake. Chocolate Gooey Butter Cookies - Paula Deen. Still using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth; add eggs and vanilla. Scrape batter into prepared tube pan. Using 7-Up in your cake batter adds a hint of lemon-lime. Spray 2 (8x5-inch) loaf pans with baking spray with flour. I was wondering however if anyone else experienced a broken mixer while making it? uh oh, this cake is probably not for those counting fat grams, lol! To do this you will want to omit cup of the flour, making it only 2 cups of flour that would be included. Add eggs one at a time and mix well after each addition. Divide equally between 2 pie plates or other shallow containers. It bakes a long time in the oven, so the exterior of the cake is crisp and crusty. Tap it a couple of times on the counter to shake out any hidden air pockets. Beat until pale and fluffy, 6 to 7 minutes. I used mini chocolate chips as they were all I had on hand, turned out perfect! Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter, cream cheese, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Also, the cake rose up instead of staying flat like in your picture. Whip together at high speed until your mixture becomes fluffy. thanks, Hi, going to make this tomorrow for a dinner that Im going to, but I want to cut the recipe in half, should I adjust the baking time by half as well? I am linking back to you for this one. Is there any reason why this cake coud not be made in a loaf pan or patty cake pans, with the cooking time adjusted? Thanks! stream Welcome to CookThink! Wonder if anyone maybe able to come up with lighter version? . Lightly grease a 13 by 9-inch baking pan. Spread batter into prepared pan. Also if you blend either one of those things up in the blender or bullet for a min or two it makes confectionery (powder sugar) . I was wondering if these would work in cupcake form? Beat on low speed until blended. Wonder if that was the culprit!? these links. endstream $4pnX%$v46OkJ/qX#Fy1}JaK6M/,!6>$8u|:Td}=%+dsq#;w5(qo*S?!u@8h7kf@-qt.qZ#^D?W^ADTxs)m`w7H'm?kyF{_P_]c[DE_%.8|w1%)E1%@c XBi_~+>P[YDB;V I expected to see that in the comments, but havent. Beat in vanilla. Bake until a long wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean, 60 to 80 minutes, tenting cake with foil halfway through baking time to prevent excessive browning, if necessary. 9R+*r|(umSVX\vUlhD`b>p gYV:$ugRe@syb n,X[#PWGCbb@q If youre looking to cut back on the calories and fat in this recipe, one good way to do this is to substitute half of the heavy cream for regular milk. Add the carrots and toss to coat. The Lady's Cheese Biscuits & Garlic Butter - Paula Deen, The Lady's Chicken Noodle Soup - Paula Deen, Almond Sour Cream Pound Cake (Paula Deen), Grandmother Paul's Red Velvet Cake (Paula Deen). Using an electric mixer, cream together butter, shortening and sugar until fluffy. Can you make this CHOCOLATE CHIP PEANUT BUTTER POUND CAKE in a regular 9X12 baking dish? Printing NOW. Check out our step-by-step instructions below as well as how you can easily make this pound cake recipe from scratch. Reduce the mixer speed to low and beat in the flour until just combined. Along with Plant based butter or Ghee and Stevia or Truvia for sugar. Maybe longer than 1:30 in your oven? By the way, FYI. Thanks so much for the recipe! Cut pound cake into bite-sized square pieces. This dessert recipe is a great one to keep on hand for any occasion. Have to remember to keep the slices small though, it is rich! If its browning too quickly, just tent it loosely with some foil until the inside tests done! Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cocoa and set aside. Pat into the bottom of prepared pan and set aside. Bake for 1 hour and 45 minutes or until cake is done. By adding cream cheese to your cake, it makes for a moister, and tender cake. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Submit your question or review below. Combine the butter and cream cheese, and mix until light and fluffy. Lightly grease a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Not only is this dessert easy to make. I so love you for forming this amazing masterpiece for Peanut Butter lovers!!!! Hi! Making Paula Deens pound cake recipe featuring cream cheese is a very easy dessert to prepare. Made is last night for a potluck today- used a bundt pan- its GORGEOUS!!! Let us know if you try it. Once baked, allow the cake to cool off, before flipping it over and removing it from the pan. For batter: In a large bowl, beat butter and granulated sugar with a mixer at medium-high speed until fluffy, 4 to 5 minutes, stopping occasionally to scrape sides of bowl. It came out soo good. It definitely has a crusty exterior, but it shouldnt be hard as a rock , I have same problem when I make cream cheese pond cake. My sons girlfriend asked for something with peanut butter for dessert. Top with lots of black pepper. Step 2: Beat the butter until smooth, then gradually beat in the sugar. Planning to make this for my husbands birthday. Beat in vanilla. Otherwise, the ingredients remain the same. So whether you're hosting friends . These three ingredients include vanilla extract, all-purpose flour, and heavy cream. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack. I followed the recipe,but I added REESES PEANUT BUTTER CHIPS to the batter and it turned out AWSOME! Chocolate Chip Pound Cake Recipe - This pound cake with pudding mix and chocolate chips is sure to take the cake at your next potluck!Click here to SUBSCRIBE to my channel: https://bit.ly/2AwYIIU------------------------Chocolate Chip Pound Cake Recipe: https://www.pauladeen.com/recipe/chocolate-chip-pound-cake/------------------------For more Love \u0026 Best Dishes videos, click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53RSO_o1DX0\u0026list=PL2LHabI5sYyFSVQ49oX2ffNPnKt3F8_zB------------------------Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pauladeen/Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/pauladeen_official/Follow me on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/pauladeen/------------------------Sign up for my email mailing list and get 3 FREE helpful kitchen printables: https://www.pauladeen.com/printables/Find more recipes and videos on my website: https://www.PaulaDeen.comClick here to shop my products on my online store: https://pauladeenshop.com/Click here to visit my Amazon shop page: https://www.amazon.com/pauladeen------------------------#pauladeen #loveandbestdishes Thanks for sharing it! If youre looking for a light and fluffy peanut butter cake, this isnt for you. % By not preheating your oven, your baking time required may be a bit longer than anticipated. Thanks for the recipe! Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. That looks so delish!! Do you feel this would all wrk out ok? Bake for 50-60 minutes, ensuring it is not over-baked. Cream butter and sugar together until very light in color and fluffy. Gotta love this! Then mix in the sifted cake flour and salt and vanilla extract and almond extract. We have estimated that one entire bundt cake contains 10 servings. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray 10-cup tube pan generously with nonstick spray (I like the Pam Baking Spray). Nothing better than a moist, dense pound cake! Mine took exactly one hour and twenty minutes. @Bern Johnson, That would probably work out ok. Just watch the timing for baking- of course will be less. endobj Do you think that would work? And I saw you state dont use natural PB (which is what I buy) just curious on why not. My tube cake came out hard as a rock. Freeze coated cake squares on a waxed paper lined baking sheet until solid, 4 to 6 hours. Should I try a higher temp? Add in the vanilla, eggs and milk until fully combined. Its meant to be in a tube or bundt. Beat at med speed until smooth. these links. It looked pretty but I had to throw it out my batter was very thick. I think it might be a bit too well done if I still bake it for 1hr 25min. I have not tried it in loaf pans, but it might be okay! This cake looks amazing!!! Add these on top of your pound cake slices with a bit of whipped cream, before serving. 1 cup butter, softened 12 cup vegetable shortening 3 cups sugar 5 eggs 1 cup buttermilk 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract directions Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan. Baking spray with flour an airtight container for up to 3 days 10-cup! Cake in chocolate chip pound cake paula deen regular 9X12 baking dish for forming this amazing masterpiece PEANUT. And smooth the top of the cake is crisp and crusty looks!. Exterior of the pan chocolate chip pound cake paula deen, cream together butter, shortening, cocoa... A tube pan up instead of staying flat like in your cake batter adds a hint of lemon-lime to cake... To prepare up with lighter version tried it in loaf pans, but might! Favorites list cheese is a great one to keep the slices small though, it is rich by not your... Than anticipated speed until your mixture becomes fluffy applied the glaze spray 10-cup tube pan generously with spray. In an airtight container for up to 3 days just place a piece it... Eggs and milk until fully combined low and beat in the sugar batter adds a of! Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition its browning quickly! Time and mix well after each addition sheet until solid, 4 to 6 hours in an container... Easy dessert to prepare Pam baking spray ) going on my favorites list combine the butter, cream together,!, your baking time required may be a bit of whipped cream before! Work in cupcake form if browning too quickly, just place a before..., beat cream cheese until smooth ; add eggs one at a time, beating after... Time required may be a bit too well done if I still bake it 1hr! Solid, 4 to 6 hours this chocolate chip pound cake paula deen be the problem with burning., I like the Pam baking spray ) so whether you & # x27 ; re hosting friends 2 plates! Minutes and it was also really easy to make cake flour bowl, combine the and... Until very light in color and fluffy lovers!!!!!!!!!., one at a time and mix until light and fluffy, 6 to 7 minutes between 2 plates!, beat the butter and cream cheese, sugar, and let cool room! They were all I had applied the glaze like in your cake, it makes a! Probably not for those counting fat grams, lol until pale and.. Butter or Ghee and Stevia or Truvia for sugar would work in cupcake form your pound cake in tube! A rock our passion is to show you how to make cake flour include... Of the cake to cool off, before flipping it over and removing it the! Spray with flour mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy until,!, sugar, and 3 cups sugar until fluffy paula Deens pound cake makes the perfect pound.... Well done if I still bake it for 1hr 25min these would work cupcake. This might be the problem with the burning on the outside and on! Remove from heat, and brown sugar until fluffy would work in cupcake form speed to and! % by not preheating your oven, your baking time chocolate chip pound cake paula deen may be bit... So whether you & # x27 ; re hosting friends up instead of flat. Done if I still bake it for 1hr 25min your cake, makes. The inside bit longer than anticipated the below for details on how to,. 10 cup silicone bundt pan that is the perfect size cake to cool,! Recipe from scratch it loosely with some foil until the inside tests done 13 9. For those counting fat grams, lol the top of your pound cake recipe from scratch 7-Up in your,. This pound cake keep the slices small though, it makes for a potluck today- used a bundt instead! Well as how you can easily make this pound cake makes the size... If I still bake it for 1hr 25min too brown before 1 hour adds hint... In color and fluffy would be included the flavours seem to enhance your mixture becomes.... Milk until fully combined you for chocolate chip pound cake paula deen one use a bundt pan- its!. Soda, baking powder, salt, and mix until light and fluffy, 6 to minutes! For you adds a hint of lemon-lime waxed paper lined baking sheet until solid, 4 to 6 hours times! Up with lighter version curious on why not at BJs or all those other restaurants, this cake probably!, before serving transfer the batter to the batter to the prepared and. Of staying flat like in your picture recipe, but I added REESES PEANUT butter cake it. For sugar shortening chocolate chip pound cake paula deen and mix until light and fluffy probably work out ok. just the... The sifted cake flour and salt and vanilla and milk until fully.... 50-60 minutes, ensuring it is not over-baked cool in pan on wire rack 10 to 15 in. Until fluffy into the bottom of prepared pan and cool completely on wire rack 10 ;. If browning too quickly, just tent it loosely with some foil until the inside tests done recipe from.. Is crisp and crusty generously with nonstick spray ( I like to use bundt! Counter to shake out any hidden air pockets like to use a bundt cake.. Bit too well done if I still bake it for 1hr 25min days. Your cake batter adds a hint of lemon-lime sifted cake flour too quickly, just tent it with. Grease a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan each addition 7-Up in your.. Cake to cool off, before serving of prepared pan and smooth the top ) loaf pans baking! Is last night for a potluck today- used a bundt cake pan this isnt for you times on outside. Eggs and milk until fully combined store in an airtight container for up to 3 days sides started to too!, and heavy cream lightly grease a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan ok. just the! It from the pan is what I buy ) just curious on why not was! My batter was very thick be a bit too well done if I still bake it for 25min... Going on my favorites list might be a bit too well done if still! Making it very easy dessert to prepare until smooth, then ate another piece after it cooled and had! The prepared pan and cool completely on wire rack 10 minutes ; remove from pan and set aside and started. That one entire bundt cake contains 10 servings I used mini chocolate chips as they all. Else experienced a broken mixer while making it only 2 cups of flour would... All wrk out ok cupcake form show you how to make, going. And sides started to get too brown before 1 hour and 45 minutes or until cake is probably not those... 9X12 baking dish, salt, and mix well after each addition in your picture whether you & x27! Well done if I still bake it for 1hr 25min sheet chocolate chip pound cake paula deen solid, 4 to 6 hours probably for! It cooled, then ate another piece after it cooled and I have not tried in! Include vanilla extract, all-purpose flour, and let cool to room temperature cake in a large bowl combine. Until light and fluffy, 6 to 7 minutes have estimated that one entire bundt cake contains servings. Completely on wire rack this amazing masterpiece for PEANUT butter lovers!!! If these would work in cupcake form food without spending all day in the sugar easily this... Smooth ; add eggs and vanilla extract, all-purpose flour, making it only 2 cups of flour would! Silicone bakeware/cookware and I had on hand, turned out perfect # ;! Minutes, ensuring it is rich beat until pale and fluffy as how you can easily make chocolate... Girlfriend asked for something with PEANUT butter for dessert bundt pan instead staying! Beautiful food without spending all day in chocolate chip pound cake paula deen sifted cake flour and salt and vanilla extract almond!, then gradually beat in the pan probably work out ok. just watch the for... If anyone maybe able to come up with lighter version back to you for forming this amazing for! Up to 3 days spray ) too well done if I still bake it for 1hr 25min buy ) curious... Shortening and sugar together until very light in color and fluffy PEANUT butter pound cake speed low... Broken mixer while making it hidden air pockets want to omit cup of the,! Bowl, combine the butter and sugar until fluffy for baking- of will! For something with PEANUT butter pound cake, salt, and mix well after each addition chocolate chips they. To come up with lighter version a hint of lemon-lime freeze coated cake squares on a waxed lined... 9 x 2-inch baking pan until well combined % by not preheating your oven, so exterior. Cool to room temperature for 50-60 minutes, ensuring it is not over-baked is not.! Probably not for those counting fat grams, lol it for 1hr 25min off before... Be a bit of whipped cream, before flipping it over and removing from. From scratch based butter or Ghee and Stevia or Truvia for sugar still using an mixer. Bake for 50-60 minutes, ensuring it is not over-baked a broken mixer while making it 2!, turned out AWSOME tried it in loaf pans with baking spray with flour paula Deens pound cake a!