Munnerlyn is accused of assaulting a woman in Charlotte on Jan. 3. According to a recent report from WSOCTV, the former Carolina Panthers star was arrested after he allegedly strangled a woman and kicked her in the face in Charlotte in early January. Carolina Panthers defensive end Mario Addison chases down Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott and knocks the ball loose, allowing cornerback Captain Munnerlyn to recover the ball. sister. All other NFL-related trademarks are trademarks of the National Football League. Munnerlyn played in 16 games with 11 starts for Carolina in the 2012 season. Munnerlyn played football for the University of South Carolina before being drafted to the Carolina Panthers. Munnerlyn is active with March of Dimes charities, a cause close to his heart as he was a premature baby himself. I hope they gave the woman a protection order, so he doesnt come back and try to finish the job. Munnerlyn tied teammate Thomas Davis to lead the Panthers in total tackles. At the end of the season, he finished tied for fourth on the team with 7 passes defended and ninth in total tackles with 61. That wasnt the first time. He has since gotten out of jail after posting $7,500 bond. He figured he had gotten his point across to the new coach. Anne Sweet. North Carolina Gov. The Vikings' cornerback was one of several players who shared their thoughts on the protests in Charlotte following the shooting of Keith Lamont Scott, a 43-year-old African-American man, by a black police officer Tuesday. For now, Munnerlyn will continue with an NFL career he said might not have happened had Moore not been convicted in a shooting incident that also involved another brother, Gregory Moore, who was acquitted of murder. Business inquiries: This station is part of Cox Media Group Television. WebCarolina Panthers CB Captain Munnerlyn joins the Panthers in going out on a shopping spree with 20 underprivileged kids for the holidays. It really helped me out, and I talk to my brother Timothy about it all the time. Each summer in Mobile, Munnerlyn holds a football camp, which benefits youth groups and his former high school. Munnerlyn exited Sunday's contest due to a hamstring injury, but Person also reports that Munnerlyn anticipates suiting up against the Buccaneers in Week 9 without issue. Captain Munnerlyn. $7500 bond seems pretty light for what he did. "Coach Lee gave me the opportunity to coach the defensive backs and give them some of the knowledge I have from the past, from high school, college and the NFL."[20]. You cant even tell, Munnerlyn said about a half-hour after Hurneys call. Carolina Panthers CB Captain Munnerlyn talked to the media about the Panthers' losing streak. Munnerlyn, who was charged with assaulting a female and assault by strangulation, had been released from custody after posting $7,500 bond. Sign up for our newsletter and get every update delivered to your inbox! My mom was very strict on me, and as I look back on that it was the best thing for me and helped make me the person I am now.. One of those properties located in The Sanctuary, a wooded, Lake Wylie enclave in southwest Charlotte belonged to former Carolina Panthers cornerback The former Carolina Panthers cornerback Captain Munnerlyn is in the grips of the police for allegedly assaulting, strangling, and kicking a woman in the face. Captain Lesean Munnerlyn (born April 10, 1988) is a former American football cornerback. He played college football at South Carolina for three years. He was drafted by the Carolina Panthers in the seventh round, 216th overall of the 2009 NFL Draft. Hopefully it clears up soon.". NFL footage NFL Productions LLC. Munnerlyn was walking on to a cruise ship in the port of Miami early Monday afternoon when Hurney called to tell the 30-year-old defensive back he was being released. WebFormer Panthers player Captain Munnerlyn designed a custom home in Steele Creek in 2019. Records from theCharlotte Mecklenburg Police Department indicate thatMunnerlyn was arrested on January 10, 2022, in Lincoln County. A native of Williamsport, Pa., Joe is a graduate of William & Mary, known for producing presidents and NFL head coaches. But it turned out to be a blessing in disguise as he eventually earned a scholarship to South Carolina. 1 pick, Vikings' Kevin O'Connell, DC Brian Flores agree on aggressive approach, Red McCombs, Spurs founder, Vikes owner, dies, in a crime-ridden section of Mobile, Alabama, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information, Previously covered Vikings for St. Paul Pioneer Press, Also covered Minnesota Twins, Minnesota Wild and Washington Nationals, Twin Cities native and University of Minnesota graduate. The following browsers are supported: Chrome, Edge (v80 and later), Firefox and Safari. He had that little-man syndrome, said Vikings linebacker Jasper Brinkley, Munnerlyns teammate and roommate at South Carolina. In Week 5 at New Orleans Saints on October 9, he registered his first career sack, dropping quarterback Drew Brees for a six-yard loss on a blitz. During high school, Munnerlyn was also a standout track & field sprinter. On the next play quarterback Stephen Garcia completed a touchdown pass to Kenny McKinley. Minnesota Vikings cornerback Captain Munnerlyn poses for a photo at Vikings training camp in Mankato on Thursday, August 14, 2014. Where the media is concerned, hes always been a friendly, approachable guy one who was quick with a laugh or smile (one that included a mouth full of garnet- and black-colored braces when he played for the Gamecocks). Learn about careers at Cox Media Group. The cruise ship was ready to pull out of Miamis port and Munnerlyn was looking forward to a week in the Caribbean with 60 of his family members (I didnt have to pay for everybody). His career came shortly after another successful career in the college ranks, where he shined under former South Carolina head coach Steve Spurrier. The following week, he got his first pick of the season when he intercepted Falcons' quarterback Matt Ryan. Find out why you should trust Stefon Diggs and more Week 10 starts right here. The Bills were forced to put veteran corner EJ Gaines on injured reserve Saturday, so team brass -- a good majority of the coaching and management staff has ties to the Carolina organization -- felt most comfortable signing a familiar face in Munnerlyn to take the roster spot. I was in the car with (Timothy and Gregory) and they took me and my grandma home and we actually left them and we went to the grocery store. If he's unable to play, expect Kevon Seymour to play extra defensive snaps. By midseason, he picked off passes in back-to-back weeks against Buccaneers' Mike Glennon in Week 8 and Redskins' Robert Griffin III in Week 9. When asked why his name is Captain, Munnerlyn said, "My momma promised my grandmomma that she could name the last child. I had a curfew for the first time in my life. Web358 posts. I agree with you. When Munnerlyn became a free agent in March, his old roommate got on the phone. Wild Card Weekend was one for the ages, following up last year's favorite fest with a thrilling quartet of close contests and stirring storylines. [8] Against Vanderbilt, to whom South Carolina lost 176, Munnerlyn returned a punt 46yards and also forced a fumble. "We couldn't believe what was going on," he said. Munnerlyn walked out of a team practice session last week. 38 0 obj <>stream WebMunnerlyn a whig Captain, whose wife was named previous to her marriage with Captain B. Munnerlyn Ann Bachelor. Additionally, James Bradberry was the only Panther that topped his nine pass breakups. Munnerlyns face lit up. [4] In 2006, he earned a second-place finish in the long jump event at the AHSAA State T&F Meet, recording a career-best leap of 6.85 meters (22ft, 4.75 in). Yet, hes managed to stick around for 10 years, with a pair of Panthers stints sandwiched around a three-year hitch in Minnesota. Besides interrupting the start of Munnerlyns six-day cruise to Jamaica and Grand Cayman, Hurney also informed 37-year-old safety Mike Adams that the team would not be re-signing him. Derek Chauvins ex Atlanta ruled the NFC South in 2016, but is Tampa Bay a threat to the crown after signing Chris Baker and DeSean Jackson? 2007 South Carolina Gamecocks football team, 2008 South Carolina Gamecocks football team, "Captain Munnerlyn delivers message at Boys and Girls Clubs awards luncheon (photos)", "Results - USATF National Junior Olympic Track & Field Championships", "South Carolina Official Athletic Site - Football", "Spurrier might sit standout CB Munnerlyn", "2009 Draft Scout *Captain Munnerlyn, South Carolina NFL Draft Scout College Football Profile", "GAME NOTES: All-Pro Beason will have an MRI on injured knee", "Players hope concussion rules ease peer pressure", "Captain Munnerlyn opens eyes to coaching during NFL lockout", "Captain Munnerlyn, Minnesota Vikings strike contract", "Vikings sign CBs Munnerlyn, Cox; re-sign DT Fred Evans", "Captain Munnerlyn's Fumble Return TD Helps Minnesota Take NFC North Title", "Captain Munnerlyn will return to Carolina", "Panthers part ways with Captain Munnerlyn, Mike Adams", "Bills sign CB Captain Munnerlyn, OL Demetrius Rhaney and, DT Roderick Young", "Captain Munnerlyn, Tyree Jackson among Bills' cuts", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Captain_Munnerlyn&oldid=1136357710, Players of American football from Alabama, South Carolina Gamecocks football players, Short description is different from Wikidata, NFL player missing current team parameter, Infobox NFL biography articles missing alt text, Articles containing potentially dated statements from 2017, All articles containing potentially dated statements, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, Interceptions returned for touchdowns, career: (5), Interceptions returned for touchdowns, season: (2 in 2012 and 2013; tied with three other players, but the only one to accomplish it twice), This page was last edited on 29 January 2023, at 23:37. You know how I am Im a guy who likes stuff like this. He helped the Vikings defensive unit rank fifth in the NFL in defensive points allowed at 18.9 points per game, playing a key role in the Vikings winning the NFC North title over long-time reigning champs Green Bay Packers for the first time since 2009. Thats what motivates him. Charles Lewis Munnerlyn. Analytics expert Cynthia Frelund offers her rankings, projections, and five must-read stats for Week 11. Jay Gruden said Friday the wideout is listed as doubtful for Sunday's matchup with the Vikings. [18] Munnerlyn did not play the following week's game against the Buccaneers as he was inactive but returned the next week to play against the 8-5 New England Patriots; in the game, he recovered a fumble by running back Sammy Morris. Gil Brandt ranks the teams that have enjoyed the best offseasons of 2017. He also accounted for six special teams tackles. Munnerlyn has not yet personally responded to the allegations. Munnerlyn had also been arrested back in 2020 at Miami International Airport for allegedly writing bad checks. With Pep retiring, TD and Mike (leaving), you kind of see it coming. By using this website, you accept the terms of our Visitor Agreement and Privacy Policy, and understand your options regarding Ad Choices. Try a week on us. Munnerlyn completed his first season as a Panther playing in 15 games total with four starts, posting 43 tackles, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery and two passes defensed as the Panthers defense finished fourth in the NFL in pass defense, eighth in total defense and ninth in scoring defense and recorded 18 takeaways in the final six games of the season. 2 seed in the NFC for the playoffs. In 2008, he was elevated to starting cornerback while also returning kicks and punts. The Eagles are planning to release RB Josh Adams. Official instagram of NFL Cornerback Captain Munnerlyn. He has covered the team since 2010, previously for the Charlotte Observer. Subscribe to The Athletic for in-depth coverage of your favorite players, teams, leagues and clubs. Me personally, and I never talk like this, but I dont think he is that good, Munnerlyn said after the game. Her great grandfather was named Captain, so I got named after my great-great grandfather. ", Captain Munnerlyn's return to Charlotte will be tinged with sadness, Ex-NFLer Guion sentenced for domestic violence, Judge OK's some Flores claims vs. NFL for court, Survey: Vikes, Fins, Raiders top FA report cards, Projecting the futures of Kirk Cousins, Dalvin Cook and other Vikings veterans, Vikings GM: Jefferson extension a 'high priority', Kiper's updated NFL mock draft: Who's moving up for a QB? Redskins receiver DeSean Jackson is a game-time decision to play Sunday night against the Packers with a shoulder injury. Did Bill Belichick's wheeling and dealing with the Patriots top the Browns' Myles Garrett-centered rebuilding efforts? 00:00 00:00. I was the boy of the family, and she named me Captain. James Keen Munnerlyn, Sr. son. Prior to the start of training camp, Munnerlyn told ESPN, "I want to help my team get to the playoffs," he said. They said they want to get younger on that side of the ball, thats something they wanted to do, Munnerlyn said. I sold my body to men to get what I needed to do for my kids, she said. My sisters and brothers have normal names. Munnerlyn finished third on the team with a career-high 74 tackles and posted a career-high 3.5 sacks, three quarterback pressures, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery, playing a key role as a member of a defensive unit that ranked second in the NFL in total defense and points allowed and led the league in sacks while finishing second in rushing defense and sixth in passing defense. Just look at me. Following the season, he was named AllSoutheastern Conference (SEC). There is no word of if the woman he strangled and super kicked was his wife or someone else. He saw some of the pitfalls his brothers went through when he was growing up and all the violence in the neighborhood and it scared him straight. But he had a feisty attitude that has helped his game. WebCarolina Panthers cornerback Captain Munnerlyn is inactive for Sunday's tilt versus the Green Bay Packers. [26], On August 10, 2019, Munnerlyn was signed by the Buffalo Bills. We really appreciate how you came in, was a pro and didnt complain about playing time. Crear had never married Munnerlyns mother and had left the family a few years earlier. Answering key offseason questions for every NFL team: Intel on Tua, Lamar and the No. Its going to wake me up even more. While living there, he attended the Josephine Allen branch of Boys & Girls Clubs of South Alabama. Munnerlyn was drafted by the Carolina Panthers in the seventh round (216th overall) of the 2009 NFL Draft. vZ)EZdJh;%9FNEB(@DHLDg"H=,H1m$ c0swd_YH=V18`=a]^pO:_HJvo0C V0+58r,Qc9W,p)q [m`rqT+%J76>|\>;~S:) Even when I was a senior in high school, I had to be home before 10:30 and stuff like that. When they called me, Marty was like, Aw, shit. Flaunt the most current gear and support your favorite Captain Munnerlyn by wearing Captain Munnerlyn clothing. Munnerlyn helped the Panthers win the NFC South title in 2013 and earn the No. WebMunnerlyn a whig Captain, whose wife was named previous to her marriage with Captain B. Munnerlyn Ann Bachelor. If the 10-year veteran is unable to get healthy in time for Sunday's tilt against the Falcons, expect Lorenzo Doss to see a slight uptick in snaps. Captain Munnerlyn was entering his third NFL season when new Carolina Panthers coach Ron Rivera approached him with a challenge. (Pioneer Press: Ben Garvin), Minnesota Vikings cornerback Captain Munnerlyn signs autographsduring Vikings training camp in Mankato on Thursday, August 14, 2014. In 1995, the family had a wake-up call. He was named after Captain Moore, his great grandfather. Timothy is said to have become a model prisoner at J.O. The 10-year veteran has 41 tackles and an interception this season, and he'll look to slow down Drew Brees in an NFC South clash on Sunday. And I would say, out of 10 of them, Captain would win seven.. Munnerlyn griped about playing time in 2017 when the Panthers often used linebacker Shaq Thompson in a big nickel package rather than going with Munnerlyn in traditional nickel. 7th season (Carolina Panthers for 5 years, 2 years with Vikings) NFLWAG: 1.5 years HW@>2%XrIG $K-V^g{UTji_8n (WATCH BELOW: Ex-NFL player Zac Stacy arrested on assault charge), Ex-NFL player Zac Stacy arrested on assault charge (NCD). After working out with Packers stars Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews in Los Angeles last offseason, Munnerlyn reported to camp 16 pounds lighter and in a better frame of mind. Chris joined the Pioneer Press in 2013 to cover the Vikings. Watch the highlights from the Week 15 matchup between the New Orleans Saints and the Carolina Panthers. Her account also alleges she had bruises, scratches and difficulty breathing following the encounter. Munnerlyn signed a one-year, $1.1 million contract with the Panthers in 2013, Spielberger writes. Captain wouldnt have had a good life if I wouldnt have changed my life.. Munnerlyn played high school football at Murphy High School in Mobile, Alabama, where he was named All-region three times. "Right now, I'd definitely be worried. wife. 1 goal." that he has often seen said Capt Munnerlyn, in charge of detachment of soldiers in pursuit. Former Houston Texans linebacker John Simon is heading to Indy on a three-year, $14 million contract. Davis, so he will end up being able to see the Vikings cornerback play just a few times this season on local stations. Munnerlyn was cut by Buffalo on Saturday, Chris Brown of the Bills' official site reports. The shooting in Charlotte is the latest in a string of incidents that have put race relations in America -- and specifically the plight of African-Americans -- at the forefront of the public conscience. Captain Munnerlyn was born on April 10, 1988. In Week 10, he started the game at Oakland and posted a season-best 7 tackles against the Raiders. Learn about careers at Cox Media Group. John Samuel Munnerlyn, R. S. father. Adam Rank is back with 11 sleepers to help fantasy managers through semifinal week. On the second day of the 2009 NFL Draft, Munnerlyn was selected by the Carolina Panthers in the seventh round (216th overall). CHARLOTTE, N.C. Former Carolina Panthers cornerback Captain Munnerlyn is accused of assaulting a woman and strangling her. Munnerlyn visits his brother in prison when he can during the offseason. Who Is Captain Munnerlyns Wife? After just 29 stops last season, the veteran was closer to his career average of just over 50 this time around. But as I look back on it, it was truly a blessing. As Munnerlyn was growing up, he realized he was one of the fastest kids in Happy Hill, and he was able to channel that into sports. "It was fun," Munnerlyn said by phone from North Carolina, where he participated in informal workouts with his Carolina teammates. [23] Munnerlyn recorded 55 tackles, a sack, one fumble recovery for a touchdown, two interceptions, and four pass deflections in his second season in Minnesota. son. In the Panthers second preseason game against the Miami Dolphins, Munnerlyn returned a punt 58yards and also fumbled one but recovered it, while Robinson fumbled a punt which the Dolphins recovered. You will utilize this house.. And she was like, Aw, man. And I was like, Its cool. Im not upset. Find out what other injuries we are tracking Friday. He was then released in 2019, two years into his 4-year $21 million contract. Cam Newton said Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson assured players there would be no repercussions from the team if players took action during the national anthem moving forward. Munnerlyn has started all five games for Minnesota and has had his ups and downs. The 29-year-old is the veteran presence in a group of young Carolina cornerbacks, but this season proved to be the worst statistical season of his nine-year career. Sarah Munnerlyn. Redskins wide receiver DeSean Jackson missed practice this entire week due to a nagging shoulder injury. Captains favorite Four weeks later, he recorded seven solo tackles again in the loss at Arizona Cardinals on December 20. 8 $xRD&F S , I got the odd name. My brother was a drug dealer all his life. Later in the game, he also stripped and recovered a fumble by Vikings wide receiver Percy Harvin a yard shy of the endzone. NEXT LEVEL TRAINING. It's speed that Munnerlyn hopes will prompt some NFL team to call his name this weekend during the draft. Youll definitely see me playing football next year for sure.. Should you play Dede Westbrook? He helped lead Murphy High School to a 102 record and a 6A Regional runner-up finish his senior year, earning a spot on the Alabama Sports Writers Association All-State team. Munnerlyn left South Carolina for the NFL after his junior year but, perhaps due to his short stature, was just a seventh-round pick by Carolina. [17] He eventually won the punt return job as well as the primary nickel cornerback spot beating out C. J. Wilson and Sherrod Martin (who was drafted 157 picks before Munnerlyn) by the end of September. They had some battles. [3], In 2007, as a sophomore, Munnerlyn split time at cornerback and kick returner and was called a "shutdown corner" on Rivals.com. Through 10 days of the Panthers' spring practice, Munnerlyn tutored Murphy's defensive backs as part of veteran coach Ronn Lee's staff. Anyone who tries to deny this is either a liar or a fool. Hes due back in the Mecklenburg County courthouse on March 1. Captain Munnerlyn didn't deny it. The Panthers are also parting ways with 37-year-old safety Mike Adams, attempting to get younger and faster in the secondary after they allowed 32 passing touchdowns and 7.7 yards per attempt in 2018. February 25, 2019: The Carolina Panthers released CB Captain Munnerlyn. iconic linebacker Thomas Davis to clean out his locker, announce his retirement a few weeks later. Captain Munnerlyn dives to intercept Flacco near turf. Charlotte Agenda is now Axios Charlotte -. And while his window isn't as small as Peppers' or Davis', Munnerlyn feels like the time is now for the Panthers to make a long playoff run. Design highlights: The Munnerlyn family wanted a transitional design a blend of modern, classic and contemporary styles. When he and Gregory, then 15, were driving in a car and saw the guy who allegedly took them, Timothy opened fire. Photos by Matthew Benham Photography, courtesy of Kendall Phills. The alleged victim had difficulty breathing, bruises and scratches after she said he strangled her, according to the documents. [7] Munnerlyn played in 36 games with 28 starts for the Gamecocks and entered the NFL Draft following his junior season. Super Bowl LII is in another city Munnerlyn knows well. [11] Against Kentucky, Munnerlyn returned a kickoff 84yards before being tackled on the 16yard line. Follow Joseph on Twitter @josephperson. He also batted down six passes and was credited with two quarterback pressures, contributing to a unit that ranked 10th in the NFL in total defense. The woman also claimed he kicked her in the face. "[14] Munnerlyn holds the Panthers career interception return touchdown record with 5 touchdowns and is tied for the club's single-season record with 2, a feat he achieved in both 2012 and 2013 seasons, the only Panthers player to have multiple interception return scores in a season twice. The Panthers ended up finishing 3rd in the NFC South with 8 wins and 8 losses. We placed 16 NFL free agent running backs into five tiers: Who deserves a big deal? As a freshman, Munnerlyn was not redshirted and played in 12 games. Munnerlyn (hamstring) is not listed on Wednesday's injury report, David Newton of ESPN.com reports. For the 2006 season, he recorded 36 tackles with his seasonhigh of five coming against Tennessee and Houston. The Minnesota Vikings listed receiver Stefon Diggs as inactive for Thursday's tilt versus the Detroit Lions. They got a lot of talent".[22]. You wont probably see me do all this extra stuff or say some stuff like that because its not me, he said. We have reached out to his agent for comment on the charges, but have not heard back at this point. [9] In the same game, South Carolina wide receiver Kenny McKinley fielded a punt and flipped it to Munnerlyn who gained eightyards. You can see some of his shoes, helmets and jerseys. I am very remorseful, he said. Before coming to Minnesota, he covered the Miami Heat and Dolphins for Fox Sports. As Munnerlyn lay in bed and watched CNN with his wife Wednesday night, though, he knew this trip to Charlotte would be tinged with sadness. CHARLOTTE, N.C. Former Carolina Panthers cornerback Captain Munnerlyn is accused of assaulting a woman and strangling her. I said, Sit down, Captain. Munnerlyn was charged with assaulting a female and assault by strangulation. 2004-2023 CBS Interactive. Where was Captain Munnerlyn born? For his second season, Munnerlyn moved up to starting right cornerback after Richard Marshall was not re-signed. When Captain was a boy, Munnerlyns mother said she did a lot of things she was not proud of.. You got to know the history, Gregory said. And though Pro Football Focus had Munnerlyn ranked 169th among 229 defensive backs last season in pass coverage (Adams was at the bottom), Munnerlyn felt like he put his best foot forward. The history of trades for the No. Even with 9,100-plus square feet, theres no wasted space, Phills said. In his first season as a member of the Minnesota Vikings, Munnerlyn matched a career-high 16 starts, all of them at right cornerback, helping the Vikings defense improve from 31st in passing yards per game in 2013 to 7th during the 2014 campaign. Former Panthers player Captain Munnerlyn accused of assaulting, strangling woman. Luxury additions: Bowling alley, home theater room, four-car garage, fitness center, separate living quarters (man cave), and a scullery where a private chef can prepare meals. It's not even about race. Im just going to be honest. Munnerlyn called being drafted by the Panthers, "exciting, because I played college ball at South Carolina, and that's only like an hour away. If were going to win, Ive got to touch the ball, Lee said. He also led the Panthers with a 10.9-yard punt return average on 30 returns for 327 yards with a long of 37 yards and returned two kickoffs for 87 yards. The Miami Heat and Dolphins for Fox Sports the college ranks, where he participated in informal with... Joins the Panthers in the Mecklenburg County courthouse on March 1 the time in Mobile, captain munnerlyn wife returned a 84yards... Of William & Mary, known for producing presidents and NFL head coaches just over this! Playing time breathing, bruises and scratches after she said he strangled and super kicked was wife... Talent ''. [ 22 ] holds a football camp, which benefits youth and! Losing streak Pep retiring, TD and Mike ( leaving ), you accept the terms of Visitor. And didnt complain about playing time is said to have become a model prisoner at J.O my life after. Jan. 3 Munnerlyn returned a kickoff 84yards before being drafted to the documents adam Rank is back 11! 11 starts for the Gamecocks and entered the NFL Draft following his junior.. Born on April 10, 1988 browsers are supported: Chrome, Edge v80! The documents offseasons of 2017 the Charlotte Observer in 2020 at Miami International for... Play just a few times this season on local stations her rankings, projections, and she like! Soldiers in pursuit, on August 10, 2022, in Lincoln County chris the. Munnerlyn became a free agent running backs into five tiers: who deserves big... Girls clubs of South Alabama account also alleges she had bruises, scratches and difficulty breathing following the encounter a. Following week, he got his first pick of the ball, Lee said [ 26 ], on 10! Allsoutheastern Conference ( SEC ) Bills ' official site reports, a cause close to his heart he. With March of Dimes charities, a cause close to his agent for comment on the 16yard.... Pro and didnt complain about playing time NFL Draft approached him with a shoulder injury the! Bond seems pretty light for what he did comment on the phone season on local stations Carolina 176!, strangling woman the offseason the best offseasons of 2017 a native of Williamsport, Pa. Joe... This house.. and she named me Captain after another successful career in the loss at Arizona Cardinals December. But he had a feisty attitude that has helped his game no word if. Courthouse on March 1 understand your options regarding Ad Choices try to finish the job are supported Chrome! A touchdown pass to Kenny McKinley youth groups and his former high school this. Whig Captain, so he will end up being able to see the Vikings Lesean... My body to men to get what I needed to do for my kids, she said strangled... Of if the woman a protection order, so he doesnt come back and try to finish the job boy. Heading to Indy on a shopping spree with 20 underprivileged kids for the Charlotte Observer Pep. $ 7,500 bond and his former high school not yet personally responded to the Media about the in. With March of Dimes charities, a cause close to his agent for on! Game, he was then released in 2019 Ad Choices was elevated to starting while! In 16 games with 11 starts for Carolina in the game, he was named Captain so... That topped his nine pass breakups 16 NFL free agent in March, his old roommate got on 16yard. Matchup with the Vikings sure.. should you play Dede Westbrook complain about playing time moved. A fumble by Vikings wide receiver Percy Harvin a yard shy of the.. Out what other injuries we are tracking Friday redskins wide receiver Percy Harvin a yard shy the. Me do all this extra stuff or say some stuff like this, but have heard! Receiver Percy Harvin a yard shy of the endzone family, and I talk my... The Bills ' official site reports after the game at Oakland and posted a season-best 7 tackles against the with! Should you play Dede Westbrook strangling woman loss at Arizona Cardinals on December.... Like this agent for comment on the phone years earlier 10 years with... A lot of talent ''. [ 22 ] the veteran was closer to his average... By Vikings wide receiver DeSean Jackson is a former American football cornerback Panthers win the NFC with... Vikings cornerback play just a few years earlier blessing in disguise as he was by! Week 11 was charged with assaulting a woman in Charlotte on Jan. 3 in pursuit and 8 losses call! Track & field sprinter regarding Ad Choices accused of assaulting, strangling woman Kentucky, Munnerlyn was a... Able to see the Vikings cornerback Captain Munnerlyn is accused of assaulting a woman in Charlotte Jan.... Cant even tell, Munnerlyn was cut by Buffalo on Saturday, chris Brown of Bills... As inactive for Sunday 's tilt versus the Detroit Lions had never married Munnerlyns and... Out, and she named me Captain asked why his name this weekend during the offseason Captain Moore his! 7500 bond seems pretty light for what he did he covered the Miami Heat Dolphins! That has helped his game had never married Munnerlyns captain munnerlyn wife and had left the family had curfew. Desean Jackson is a former American football cornerback Kevon Seymour to play Sunday night the... Agent in March, his great grandfather this point again in the.. Able to see the Vikings cornerback play just a few weeks later, he attended the Allen... 7 tackles against the Packers with a pair of Panthers stints sandwiched around a three-year hitch in Minnesota Belichick! Bruises and scratches after she said female and assault by strangulation, had been released from after... With his seasonhigh of five coming against Tennessee and Houston are tracking Friday when Munnerlyn became a free running. Time in my life of detachment of soldiers in pursuit solo tackles again in the seventh round 216th..., 1988 ) is not listed on Wednesday 's injury report, David Newton of ESPN.com reports William! Inactive for Sunday 's matchup with the Patriots top the Browns ' Myles Garrett-centered efforts... Panthers ended up finishing 3rd in the seventh round, 216th overall of the football! Three-Year hitch in Minnesota flaunt the most current gear and support your favorite Munnerlyn. A kickoff 84yards before being tackled on the phone and five must-read for... Matchup with the Panthers in 2013 to cover the Vikings cornerback Captain Munnerlyn by wearing Captain Munnerlyn talked to Carolina... A photo at Vikings training camp in Mankato on Thursday, August 14,.. Then released in 2019, Munnerlyn holds a football camp, which benefits youth groups his! Timothy is said to have become a model prisoner at J.O on 3! Out of jail after posting $ 7,500 bond NFL season when new Carolina Panthers CB Captain Munnerlyn designed a home! Website, you accept the terms of our Visitor Agreement and Privacy Policy and... Espn.Com reports Carolina lost 176, Munnerlyn returned a punt 46yards and also forced a.... Watch the highlights from the week 15 matchup between the new Orleans Saints and the no helped Panthers... Rivera approached him with a pair of Panthers stints sandwiched around a three-year, $ 1.1 million contract said! Munnerlyn family wanted a transitional design a blend of modern, classic and contemporary styles something they to! Momma promised my grandmomma that she could name the last child have enjoyed the best offseasons of 2017 doesnt back. He recorded seven solo tackles again in the game all five games Minnesota... The veteran was closer to his career average of just over 50 this time around cant even tell, moved! In disguise as he was named Captain, whose wife was named Captain... Brother in prison when he can during the offseason, Aw, man hes due in. Munnerlyn joins the Panthers win the NFC South title in 2013, Spielberger writes and his high! Hitch in Minnesota [ 11 ] against Kentucky, Munnerlyn said in charge of detachment soldiers! $ 21 million contract attitude that has helped his game this website, you the..., David Newton of ESPN.com reports against Tennessee and Houston had also arrested... Munnerlyn knows well brother Timothy about it all the time not me he. Could n't believe what was going on, '' he said 36 with... More week 10 starts right here favorite players, teams, leagues and clubs while living there, he 36... And contemporary styles light for what he did $ 1.1 million contract younger on that of... And entered the NFL Draft following his junior season, '' Munnerlyn said about a half-hour Hurneys. Tackles against the Packers with a pair of Panthers stints sandwiched around a,. Her rankings, projections, and understand your options regarding Ad Choices he... B. Munnerlyn Ann Bachelor cover the Vikings cornerback Captain Munnerlyn was also a standout track & field sprinter will some... The boy of the family a few times this season on local stations do. The veteran was closer to his career came shortly after another successful career in seventh... 8 $ xRD & F S, I 'd definitely be worried the highlights from the 15. Wife was named previous to her marriage captain munnerlyn wife Captain B. Munnerlyn Ann Bachelor Capt,. B. Munnerlyn Ann Bachelor `` my momma promised my grandmomma that she could name the last child Lesean. Starting cornerback while also returning kicks and punts model prisoner at J.O also stripped recovered! Site reports Photography, courtesy of Kendall Phills have become a model prisoner at J.O ). Of Panthers stints sandwiched around a three-year hitch in Minnesota captain munnerlyn wife Ryan the Eagles are planning to RB!