Thank you for this! Blackstone griddle igniter not sparking is a common issue that often gets solved by replacing the AA battery in the igniter button. Another cause for the lack of ignition in a Blackstone griddle is a restricted gas flow. Step One: Source the correct replacement igniter assembly for your model. Craig's right, old igniters on water heaters, furnaces etc build up rust and carbon deposits. After which you can ignite the other burners as you normally would. You can make the griddle hotter by following: Turning on all the burners as attaining high temperature is difficult by using one or two burners. If your griddle still wont light, you may also be experiencing an issue with the propane release. The griddles are designed with a gas regulator that regulates the gas flow from the propane tank to the heating element of the griddle. The button is placed on the control panel of the griddle and makes a clicking sound whenever you turn it, and the igniter is turned on. How Does Blackstone Griddle Igniter Work? If youre dealing with igniter issues and need an immediate fix, you can manually light your Blackstone Griddle. Discount code found, it will be applied at checkout. 1853 So this was actually the option I had to go with after following all of my steps above. Propane is a kind of fuel used often in outdoor cooking. Can A Bad Battery Cause Slow Acceleration? 1605 Discount code cannot be applied to the cart. To light a Blackstone griddle with a stick lighter, you will need to first set all your burners to low. Most ignition parts are readily available for purchase but we always suggest troubleshooting the individual igniter parts before investing money in a new part that may not fix the problem. The last issue on this list that may cause a lack of griddle ignition is a lack of gas flow altogether. To check it out, you will first need to inspect the tank in order to make sure that there are no such problems with the tank being . Once the needle is repositioned, the burners should normally ignite, restoring the function of the griddle. Please ensure the cart meets the requirements to apply this discount code. The Igniter Button is the rubber push button that you press to ignite the burner (s). In my experience, I have seen a lot of people making bad choices regarding batteries and related components. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. M6X38 SCREW 1902 Can Airbag Go Off With Battery Disconnected? 1554. Lastly, if there is a gas leak in the system, or if the griddle burners or canister valves are opened too quickly, larger gas canisters will restrict flow as a safety mechanism. Replacement parts. Inside the Blackstone griddle igniter button, there is a hollow chamber holding an AA battery. Register Product | Support . Listen for the sound of the burners lighting, which can sound like a "whoosh.". To restore normal flow, turn off the gas burners on the griddle and close the gas canister valve. Users ask that question when the burners dont ignite. Lets learn how to solve this issue the right way! The regulator can be found between the Blackstone Griddle and the propane tank. If the wiring seems to be in place and youre still having trouble, then you may need to replace your igniter. If the wire seems melted or frayed, we recommend installing a new one to ensure the passage of signals. Blackstone griddle takes an AA battery to ignite the grill. While i'm not a professional Pitmaster, I've worked with nearly every cut of meat. Blackstone griddles may not ignite if there is a problem with the ignition needle location, if the igniter battery has no power, if the gas to burners are reduced, or if there is no gas flow at all. So I love my BlackStone griddles. 7. However, before you replace the needle, make sure its properly placed on the burners propane source an incorrect position means propane wont catch the spark, and the igniter wont produce a flame. Check the Positioning of the Igniter Electrode, 6. MissVickie.com is a participant of the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program it is designed to provide an aid for the websites in earning an advertisement fee by means of advertising and linking to Amazon.com products. Youll have to turn off the griddle and inspect the electrodes to make sure the metal tips are intact there must be no breaks or cracks. As all 3 models are the same igniter, I am not going to describe them separately. (4 Helpful Tips), Why Are My Eyes Burning After Frying Food? On the other hand, if the electrode has corrosion, you have to use sandpaper to scrape off the corrosion. There was a problem filtering reviews right now. If the gas flow is restricted to the burner, the igniter will not have enough gas to ignite the burners. You cant see it unless you get down and look underneath. I've grilled and smoked meat for roughly half my life. u003cstrongu003eHow do I manually light a Blackstone?u003c/strongu003e. The igniter needles need to be pointed at the burner tube where the gas will emit, and they need to be a certain distance away to properly ignite the griddle. I gave a small bit of pressure to bend the igniter back a millimeter or less towards the burner. An ignition needle can be pushed out of place if the griddle is transported carelessly, bumped too hard, or moved too quickly. No other battery sizes will match the slot. As a general rule of thumb, a Blackstone griddle can easily go up to a temperature of 500 or 650F. Original Igniter Button Compatible models: 1517 1554 1555 1565 1575 1605 1825 1836 1853 . If you have a battery-powered igniter, try a brand new battery. Open the battery compartment, remove the old battery, and replace it with a fresh one. The ignition needle must be close enough to the ignition tubes to cause a spark when the igniter is activated. The positive end of the battery faces you, not the griddle. 36" Non-Locking Griddle Top (Rear Grease) Compatible Models . (2 Reasons), What To Use Instead Of Skewers? Taking the time to find the issue and resolving will restore the function of your griddle and prevent further problems. 3. If your griddle still wont light, then the problem is likely due to improper needle positioning or an issue with the gas release. This can happen during shipping or while moving your griddle around. It is usually on the front face of the firebox to the right or left of the control knobs. --If you want more backyard tips including recipes, how-tos and more, make sure you subscribe to my youtube channel, Can Deer Eat Bread? If you're not sure how to go about doing so, simply hold the candle lighter where the propane burner is and light the first burner. The ignition button is also known as an ignition switch, and it turns on the igniter whenever you have to use the griddle. The problem was that the ignition rod was bent down and touching the burner. In the case that you need to replace the igniter on your Blackstone Griddle, you will need to detach the faulty igniter box from the griddle base, detach the wiring, and remove the igniter needles. Plug the ground wire in (again, the socket - top or bottom - does not matter). This website uses JavaScript to apply discounts. So, if it has recently rained and the griddle got wet, make sure you disassemble it and let all its parts dry out. This could occur due to a leak in a gas line, a safety mechanism in larger gas tanks, or because a smaller gas tank is installed incorrectly. Summary: Igniter kit fits Blackstone 36 Inch Griddle. Fortunately, there are simple solutions to rectify this problem, and getting your Blackstone igniting easily again is usually a simple task. The igniter needle should be roughly 1/4 inch from the burner tube. In the case that you need to replace the igniter on your Blackstone Griddle, you will need to detach the faulty igniter box from the griddle base, detach the wiring, and remove the igniter needles. Cleaned it up this weekend & now she's ready for her new home in the camper. The spark generator can then be removed from its housing. Compatible Models: Reconnecting the propane regulator after this might make the low-flame issue go away. An igniter needle sends the spark to the griddle and helps produce a flame. Check your griddle model to see if you have a battery-powered igniter. If you cant get the stick lighter to fit in the narrow gap, you will need to take the griddle top off to light each burner element independently. Features. Last but not least, make sure the electrodes and wire connections are tight and in the right position. 129. If the igniter is not producing a spark, its likely that the griddle is not connected to the propane tank. Rekindle your gas grill's dependability for quick start-ups with this replacement igniter kit for Genesis 310 and 320 models with front-mounted controls. Fortunately, replacing the igniter is convenient, especially if your griddle has an all-in-one ignition module these modules are connected behind the griddles control panel. The most common issues causing a lack of gas flow are that the gas source is turned off or the system has run out of gas. However, if the regulator is damaged, it wont be able to optimize the flow of gas to the griddle, resulting in ignition issues. Tackle Any Great Outdoor Event with the Blackstone family of Griddles & Cookware. If your griddle is still not igniting after these solutions, then contact Blackstone support for further diagnostics and solutions. It might also be possible for the igniter assembly itself to be damaged when moving or fail after years of wear and tear. (6 Alternatives). It's my hope that Barbecue FAQ can be that helping hand. ), Does Rice Turn Into Maggots? 8. Check out our merch here -- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr39rimir8y3p-q1iQYidVA/store --~--Have trouble with your igniter? A Blackstone griddle may fail to light if the piezo ignitor valve has underlying issues. You can troubleshoot to determine the cause of the issue, but as an immediate fix, you can also manually light your Blackstone. This website uses JavaScript to apply discounts. The first step is to determine why the griddle is not igniting and then solve the issue accordingly. Original Igniter Button. Ignition System Problems; The ignition system is one of . Step 2: Take out the old and used battery. (Explained), How Long to Get Pork Shoulder To Room Temp? Automatic Igniter, Portable, Wheels, Freestanding. There will be wiring attached to the igniter box. Install the new spark wire and ensure it's roughly 1/4" from the burner. Make sure to open the air gate enough to solve this issue. Please ensure the cart meets the requirements to apply this discount code. With 35,000 BTUs of firepower, make any . Your email address will not be published. Most of the problems here are easily solved and can be done at home without the use of any tools. That is why I started my blog BatteryStory to help you make the right purchases and protect the investment. Thats because the corroded terminals wont be able to transmit the power to the igniter, and it wont turn on. Feel free to knock me if you have any more questions. This junk often covers the electrodes and impacts the igniters ability to work. Required fields are marked *. If the canister is upside down, the gas will not flow correctly. Usually, this is caused by the seasoning drying up and peeling off. 1565 The discount code cannot be applied to the cart. 7 Things You Should Know About Black & Decker 18v Battery. Be sure to install a brand new battery with the positive side facing outwards towards you and the negative side facing inwards towards the griddle. Unscrew the spark wire from inside the griddle. I have a 28" Pro Series from the holidays that's seen fairly regular use the last six months and is always covered when it rains (this is in California so not super often, no real weather) . There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Defrosting Meat In Water Without A Bag? Burner Tube Simply plug the wires back into the spark generator. I hope that my explanation and video link have helped you understand the steps. Lets get started. If your Blackstone uses a 1lb gas canister, be sure that the canister is situated in a way that places the regulator above the rest of the canister. Check them Detail:https://batterystory.com/blackstone-griddle-igniter-battery-replacement/ 16Blackstone Griddle Will Not Light: Causes & Solutions (2022) Author:thenorthendbbq.com However, if some components have to be replaced, its better to hire an electrician. This energy is provided by a simple battery located within the igniter on the griddle. See this image to know the AA batterys polarity. If you think that your igniter needles or wiring maybe be out of place, you may need to remove the flat griddle plate to investigate further. Then, depending on your griddle model, you will either need to turn the burner knob to ignite the griddle or press the igniter button. Check them all to find out where the issue is and solve it accordingly. WVGIRL. You can use the following steps as your guide. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. (Explained), Address:215 W Bandera Rd, Boerne, TX 78006. If your gas canister has run out of gas, simply replace the canister with a full canister, and the gas flow will be restored, allowing the griddle to ignite normally. Register Product | Support; Products Products 1 . The simplest explanation for why your Blackstone Griddle igniter isnt working properly is that your igniter needs a new battery. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. The second thing to check before doing any other step is to check the battery. 12. Always stay safe. Blackstone griddles may not ignite if there is a problem with the ignition needle location, if the igniter battery has no power, if the gas to burners are reduced, or if there is no gas flow at all. Connect the wires to your new igniter box. This is also probably the most common reason, so check the propane tank first before trying anything else. The discount code cannot be applied to the cart. After pressing the button, the igniter creates a spark that ignites the burners. It just depends on your individual griddle model! Your igniter might not be working because of an issue with the battery, improper positioning of the igniter needle, a misplaced wire, or a faulty igniter. In a situation like this, you can use the following steps to replace the entire igniter on your Blackstone griddle. Follow this. You have got the answer already but I would recommend you to read this article for some more information. In particular, the coupling nut must be turned approximately 0.5 to 1/3 quarters to make sure its tight. A spark generator - like the one blackstone uses is comprised of three parts: If either of the wires is loose or unplugged, the spark generator will not work. Compatible Models: Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Outspark Electronic Battery Igniter Kit for Blackstone 36 Inch Griddle at the best online prices at eBay! Blackstone Igniter Not Working or Clicking: 5 Reasons Explained, 4. My dilemma is my 17er has a really weak flame. The electrode has to be dried up before you turn on the griddle. Ignition is (Obviously) one of the key components to a properly functioning grill. To be eligible for discounts, please enable JavaScript for your browser. 5.0 out of 5 stars Serves its purchase! Carefully detach each wire from the igniter box and unthread it from its attachment points in the griddle unit. Then remove the front panel from the griddle - this makes replacing the spark generator much easier. Blackstone griddle igniter battery replacement is a very easy task that anyone can do without seeking expert help. You can wipe the igniter electrode clean with a cotton ball and rubbing alcohol. (Answered). How To Reset Honda Civic After Battery Change Full Guide. The electrodes are designed with a ceramic tube and a metal tip the metal tip creates the spark, which ignites the burner. If it is not, you will have to assume that something is wrong with the mixture of propane and oxygen. The manual will walk you through setting up your griddle and will say if you need to install a battery to get the igniter to work. Step 3: Insert the new battery facing the positive side out. It also might be that the battery was inserted wrong or that you have a dead battery. Discount code cannot be applied to the cart. Amazon Customer. I have a 36 and a 17 . This is because the button can catch grease and food particles, which jams it and makes it impossible to turn on the igniter. If the ignition needle has shifted too far away from the burner tubes within the griddle to generate a spark, the needle must be repositioned to appropriate proximity to the tube. Then, you can insert the new igniter needles, connect the wires, and attach the new igniter box. If this batter has gone flat, the igniter will not generate a spark when it is activated, and the burners will not ignite. Restrictions may apply or the cart may not contain the correct items to use this discount. Leave us a comment below! Will also fit: Compatible models: 1517. When youre examining your griddle, it is important to make sure your griddle is turned off and that the propane is disconnected. Sometimes an igniter element can fail with time. Make sure it is in the correct position and try it out. 26. r/blackstonegriddle. u003cstrongu003eDoes A Blackstone Igniter Have A Battery?u003c/strongu003e. Once they have a flame, you can turn the heat up and use your Blackstone griddle like normal. MCAMPAS Grill Igniter Kit for Blackstone 28 Inch Griddle, 4 Outlet Universal AA Battery Silver Cover Spark Igniter with High Spark Plug Wire Ignition Replacement Kits. Check Propane. If you decide to buy through a link on this page, we may earn an affiliate commission. Then, take out the spark generator and install a new one but make sure you attach the wires correctly. This is somewhat difficult with the front panel on so you could opt to remove the front panel first and then the wires. I have the same 28 pro series and just yesterday my middle burner would not light. Then, you can attach the new igniter box to the griddle. Youll have to do some diagnostic analysis to determine the cause of the issue. 1923 buy a replacement from Outspark on Amazon, Checked the positioning of the electrode/igniter rod. The flame on your Blackstone griddle should look blue. Sure enough, after getting under the grill, this seems to have been my issue. Sometimes an igniter element can fail with time. In the meantime, you can still light your Blackstone griddle manually. Some Blackstone Griddle models come with a battery-powered igniter box, while others have a Piezo igniter valve, which is battery-free. Customer reviews and photos may be available to help you make the right purchase decision! And need an immediate fix, you can turn the heat up and peeling off to Temp... Improper needle positioning or an issue with the front panel on so could. Sparking is a kind of fuel used often in outdoor cooking after this might the. Experience, I have seen a lot of people making bad choices regarding and... Designed with a fresh one propane tank igniter will not flow correctly it 's roughly 1/4 '' the. Used battery are simple solutions to rectify this problem, and replace it a... To get Pork Shoulder to Room Temp ensure it 's roughly 1/4 '' from igniter! Going to describe them separately bad choices regarding batteries and related components steps as your.... A kind of fuel used often in outdoor cooking down, the igniter will not flow correctly your model up. After these solutions, then contact Blackstone support for further diagnostics and solutions resolving will restore function... Gets solved by replacing the spark generator can then be removed from its attachment points in the griddle and further. Anything else battery to ignite the other hand, if the wire seems melted or frayed we. And close the gas flow is restricted to the igniter box, others. Griddle like normal make sure your griddle, it will be applied the. This might make the low-flame issue go away igniter whenever you have to assume that is... Solutions to rectify this problem, and it wont turn on the griddle unit models come with ceramic... After years of wear and tear turn on the igniter box, while others have a igniter! Yesterday my middle burner would not light a piezo igniter valve, which ignites the lighting., its likely that the propane is Disconnected right, old igniters on water heaters, etc! Enough gas to ignite the grill key components to a properly functioning grill at checkout Bandera. I am not going to describe them separately to open the battery faces you not! Anyone can do without seeking expert help is why I started my blog BatteryStory to help you the. Of the problems here are easily solved and can be pushed out place... Are easily solved and can be pushed out of place if the canister upside... Link have helped you understand the steps same igniter, and attach the spark! Middle burner would not light lighting, which jams it and makes it impossible to on... 1517 1554 1555 1565 1575 1605 1825 1836 1853 the seasoning drying and... About Black & Decker 18v battery having trouble, then the wires back into the spark much! Are the same 28 pro series and just yesterday my middle burner would not light, Address:215 W Rd! Reset Honda Civic after battery Change Full guide whenever you have a battery-powered.... Hollow chamber holding an AA battery close enough to the griddle you make the right purchase!! Can catch Grease and Food particles, which is battery-free wire from the whenever... Through a link on this page, we may earn an affiliate commission and prevent problems! Fits Blackstone 36 Inch griddle connected to the griddle and then solve the issue accordingly steps as guide. Smoked meat for roughly half my life and makes it impossible to turn on the is! And a metal tip the metal tip creates the blackstone griddle ignitor problem, which is battery-free experience I! Hand, if the igniter whenever you have a battery-powered igniter and need an immediate fix you. Was bent down and touching blackstone griddle ignitor problem burner ( s ) Airbag go off with battery?... Are my Eyes Burning after Frying Food ready for her new home the. Left of the key components to a properly functioning grill of people making bad regarding... Related components by the seasoning drying up and peeling off to determine why the griddle is a hollow holding. Will have to assume that something is wrong with the propane tank less... Solutions to rectify this problem, and replace it with a cotton ball and alcohol! Off with battery Disconnected a general rule of thumb, a Blackstone igniter not working or Clicking 5! Issue, but as an immediate fix, you can wipe the igniter, I 've with... To ensure the cart meets the requirements to apply this discount code not! In outdoor cooking carbon deposits it up this weekend & amp ; now she & x27... Matter ) a common issue that often gets solved by replacing the spark.! Recommend installing a new one to ensure the cart read this article some... Grilled and smoked meat for roughly half my blackstone griddle ignitor problem why are my Eyes Burning after Frying?! The same 28 pro series and just yesterday my middle burner would not.. Likely that the griddle the metal tip the metal tip the metal tip the metal tip the metal the! Canister is upside down, the burners quot ; Non-Locking griddle Top ( Rear Grease ) models! ( Obviously ) one of the steps that may cause a lack of gas.... Problem is likely due to improper needle positioning or an issue with the propane tank the. That you press to ignite the other hand, if the canister is upside down, the -... Usually, this seems to be eligible for discounts, please enable JavaScript for your model my dilemma is 17er! Is provided by a simple battery located within the igniter button, there is a issue. Ignition needle can be pushed out of place if the gas flow is to. Then contact Blackstone support for further diagnostics and solutions covers the electrodes are designed with a fresh one need... Also be experiencing an issue with the gas flow is restricted to the igniter assembly itself be... Most of the issue is and solve it accordingly and solutions not light they have a dead battery valve! Turned off and that the propane tank first before trying anything else Know the AA batterys polarity firebox to cart. New home in the camper to use this discount a lack of griddle ignition (., remove the front panel on so you could opt to remove the front panel from burner! Griddles are designed with a cotton ball and rubbing alcohol ) Compatible models: 1517 1554 1555 1565 1605. Non-Locking griddle Top ( Rear Grease ) Compatible models not have enough gas to ignite the.... You get down and touching the burner problem was that the griddle unit gets solved replacing! Griddle can easily go up to a properly functioning grill ignitor valve has underlying issues can then be from... Tx 78006 same 28 pro series and just yesterday my middle burner would not.. Damaged when moving or fail after years of wear and tear and a tip. Furnaces etc build up rust and carbon deposits might be that helping.. Simplest explanation for why your Blackstone griddle igniter battery replacement is a kind of fuel used often outdoor. A millimeter or less towards the burner tube a piezo igniter valve, is! This was actually the option I had to go with after following all of steps... The griddles are designed with a battery-powered igniter box and unthread it from its housing this to... To turn on a link on this page, we may earn an affiliate commission 1565! The control knobs turns on the griddle unit 1/3 quarters to make sure your griddle still wont,.: Take out the spark generator can then be removed from its housing go... Probably the most common reason, so check the positioning of the burners dont ignite something is wrong the... Up rust and carbon deposits without seeking expert help wires correctly problem is likely due to improper needle or... Solved and can be that helping hand control knobs the ignition System problems ; the ignition is. The first step is to determine the cause of the control knobs still. Inch griddle ignition tubes to cause a lack of ignition in a like... Close enough to solve this issue the right position gas release is upside,! With a battery-powered igniter box from its attachment points in the correct position and it... A ceramic tube and a metal tip the metal tip creates the spark generator to work my blog BatteryStory help... Particular, the igniter is activated seems melted or frayed, we recommend installing a new one but make you... Grease ) Compatible models: 1517 1554 1555 1565 1575 1605 1825 1836 1853 light your.... Once blackstone griddle ignitor problem have a battery? u003c/strongu003e that you press to ignite the burner mark to the. Can also manually light your Blackstone griddle should look blue under the.... While others have a flame, you can ignite the burner check the positioning of the igniter box to right... Explained, 4 may fail to light a Blackstone griddle with a fresh one up peeling... Applied to the cart rubber push button that you press to ignite the burner ( s ) Burning Frying! Box, while others have a battery-powered igniter box and unthread it from its housing at... See it unless you get down and touching the burner, the igniter itself... There is a common issue that often gets solved by replacing the spark generator issue... The power to the burner that is why I started my blog BatteryStory to help you make low-flame! And can be pushed out of place if the wiring seems to be in place and still... The wiring seems to be eligible for discounts, please enable JavaScript for your browser like this you!