Spot and stalk hunting is also an option. We specialize in guided hunts for Bear and Cougar hunts. JavaScript is disabled. The Diamond D Ran We are located approximately 100 miles North, East of Boise, Idaho and operate in Fish and Game Units 35, 36, and 39. This is one of the most prevalent species in our area. Update- There may be (hopefully) changes to wolf seasons with the seasons being extended in nearly all units for 2020. He has seen so many bear, making him the perfect consultant. We look to even the playing field. Copyright 2022 Korell Outfitters - All Rights Reserved. Whatever your needs are in a hunt, whether going solo or with a large group, we can handle it! Was thinking about hunting up there a bit myself. SPRING BEAR HUNTS. Since you are an archery hunter,Idaho Bowhunters Association is a good group with great people. Season opens April 15 in many units, and some backcountry units opened April 1. 14% Average Success Manner Season Type Sex Hunters Harvest Male Female Youth; A G N/A 241: 13 8 4 0 ALL ALL N/A . Check for current or recent wildfires in this area. Any advice? tag hunt area or unit when the season for the black bear, mountain lion, or gray wolf taken is also open. The Boise River Zone (Unit 39) has been the top unit in the state for elk harvest for three straight years and routinely competes with Units 50, 76 and 1 for the top spot. Hunts in the spring months, April through June are based from an accommodating and impressive lodge. These tags are available over the counter. Read about advertising on huntscore here. I only have 2-4 spots left on opening week of August 30 and they probably wont last long! Guiding in Idaho F&G units 18,22,23 for elk, mule deer, bear, mountain lion, mt. Access from your Country was disabled by the administrator. To get email alerts about weather, fire, drought and information from around the web impacting Black Bear hunting in Unit 33: Sawtooth Region in Idaho. From keeping together a great herd of stock for our elk and deer hunts, to breeding and training our pack of Treeing Walker hounds for a high success bear or lion hunt, this is what we do and we are proud to be professionals at it. Hunters can expect to have the mobility to move camp locations in pursuit of a beautiful Idaho spring bear during this 5 day hunt. Each morning starts at camp, with a 4:30 wake-up call. Bucks in the mid-70s are achievable and the possibility of a book buck is here. Ill be up there the last 2 weeks of Oct with a few buddies if you want to link up. Harry will often let his best dogs out to investigate. Anthony Neidlinger Hunts@WhiskeyMountainOutfitter.com Phone: (208) 369-7427 Hunt Infamous Unit 40 for TROPHY Mule Deer, Elk, and Cougars! They also like the area around Arrowrock and to the west of Anderson Ranch. Las Vegas, NV 89113. Last year I saw 6 separate bears in 7 days hunting 39. Hunts@WhiskeyMountainOutfitter.com The lowlands are a great place to look and access is decent, however, the foothill country beckons the spot and stalk hunter. One bear hunts are currently at $3200 total hunt cost Plus license $195.75 for license and $41.75 for bear tags. Copyright 1999 2023 GoDaddy Operating Company, LLC. No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas. Were chasing bear through their territory, so theres lots of communication, driving and trying to anticipate where we can cut the bear off, dumping more dogs into the chase, and walking drainages and ridges. Have seen a few bears along the middle fork and north fork while fishing. Unit 39 All of Unit 39. You have spent all winter watching it snow, reading all the latest bear hunting magazines, watched bear hunting shows, been to sporting shows, survived Christmas (probably getting some new hunting gear) and finally, slowly and oh so painfully . McGowan Outfitting Inc. is operating under special use permit with the Salmon-Challis National Forest, BLM, and is an equal opportunity provider. . proughhunter 31-May-11. Just another drop in the bucket, might as well. We customize our grocery list and planned meals to match your preferences. If you need more specifics or would like to reserve space do not hesitate to call us right away. The property is mountain timber, sagebrush flats, willow bottoms and agricultural fields and is located south of Salmon, ID and 2 hours from Idaho Falls. Your guide sets you on active bait stations in a ground blind or treestand - a "sniper nest" for rifle hunters . . 60. This is one of the most prevalent species in our area. +$500 Trophy Fee (harvest of 2nd Bear) Select Payment. If you plan on hunting in higher elevation, as a rule of thumb, expect the tempture to decrease roughly 5 for every 1000' in elevation gain. Combined our family has over 45 years of experience guiding hunters in this area. Thinking about unit 39 but not sure because of the fires the last few years. Properties Access Yes! We offer two black bear hunting seasons - Spring and Fall. 1 on 1 hunt = $5,500 per person or 2 on 1 hunt = $3,500 per person, 4-day (plus tax) (2 bear tags per person) BLACK BEAR/WOLF HUNT. Scores. You choose your style of black bear hunt. Marble is spot on with his advice. idahohikker said: 39 has some of the highest hunter numbers in the state and it's been tough hunting in recent years. HaHa. Idaho Fish and Game Commission extends wolf hunting and trapping seasons | Idaho Fish and Game, First lite gear for spring bear hunt in northern Idaho. Mt. We provide archery, rifle, and muzzleloader hunts. You are using an out of date browser. But going through this process will teach you more than simply going to a spot. Scores. See what happens. Let us know how it goes I may make it that far over if I don't find anything closer to home. Youll be kicking yourself for being a cheap ass if you get the opportunity but didnt buy one. Create a free account to read the rest of this access note! At McGowan Outfitting we prefer to hunt our bears via spot and stalk. If youre into fishing and want to test your luck independently on the Boise River or the North Fork, you can do just that. Predator control could be very helpful bear or wolf. man 31-May-11. We have developed a 3-day hunt for individuals, which has proven to be a reasonable amount of time to get a bear. We live local and so do our experienced guides. Soon his younger brother Cody joined as his head guide and together they grew the business. Units Take Season Dogs Prohibited Dog Training Notes 8A, 10A APRIL 15 - JUNE 30 (Call to schedule your hunt dates) 1 on 1 hunt = $4,500 per person (plus tax) 2 on 1 hunt = $3,750 per person (plus tax) FALL CAST, BLAST, & BEAR HUNT. JJBuck is right but if you can swing a fall hunt for bears you can hunt bear/wolf/deer simultaneously. There's terrific fly fishing 150 yards from the front door, amazing archery elk hunting in all four directions, the best skiing in Idaho to the north and south, a work shed with a big-game hoist and gambrel secured to the rafters, and a steam room and outdoor shower on the back porch to relax aches and pains after chores. Key..get your timing right for the area you're hunting! Last year, 2014, we killed 9 bears in 10 days of hunting and passed as many as we shot!! When everyone was into beer drinking and road hunting it was different but now there's a significant group that goes deeper and everyone is in the same spots. On a typical Idaho day, it can get up into the 70s or higher by noon. Not only do we offer some of the finest Mule Deer, Elk, Bear, and Cougar hunting in the West, we also know how to have a Great time doing it! If not, (dont feel bad, the assistant guides can hardly keep up with Harry), you can always stay in the pickup with the assistants and watch Harry and the dogs through through the GPS while glassing other areas. 6. one tag, $3170 two tags. Scores. It is very frowned upon here and else where to share hunting spots like you're asking. Id look around Salmon or north of Riggins at north central Idaho or the Panhandle. We get up early, so the dogs can do their work before it gets too hot. Economy Hunts are conducted out of our base camp. I hear a lot of people stick to the roads in this unit. We harvest black bear of various different color phases including blonde, chocolate, cinnamon, black and combinations. Coats are thick and make for wonderful trophies. Select a hunting unit from the dropdown menu or click a unit on the map below. Contributors to this thread: stillhunter 30-May-11. Go up the middle fork along the river and hike up on a ridge. Deer Hunting in Idaho Unit 39: Boise River Region . Guarantee to see at least one bear every single day. Preseason scouting, preparation for the environmental conditions, and physical conditioning are important factors. Weather can vary by elevation. Black Bear Hunting in Idaho Unit 32: Weiser River Region . You can contact us via email, phone call, or mail. Here is my conclusions: Unit 39 gets tons of attention, I would rather not hunt up North I wanna be able to glass and get away from bait and no clue if the Snake country will be accessible in Apr/May any pointers would be appreciated. This is a 2 bear area and we charge a additional $1000 if you HUNT ( arrive to camp with the license for a second bear ). No draw, no hassle. Idaho is very popular for spring bear hunts, if it looks like there are trail heads or any camping near by it will most likely see a bunch of eyeballs looking over that country! Unit 39 is a large unit, with a good population of animals. See all stats but the last 2 years with a free account! My son and are planning on a DIY spring bear hunt in Idaho the first week in June. There are 2 OTC hunts in this unit. Hunting Opportunities in Unit 39 Big Game (All) Deer Elk Pronghorn Bear Lion Wolf Goat Upland Bird (All) Quail Chukar Crow Dove Gray Partridge Forest Grouse Sage-Grouse Sharp-Tail Pheasant Turkey Small Game (All) Rabbit, Hare & Squirrel Furbearer Waterfowl (All) Goose Duck Coot Snipe Public Access Surface Management Yeah I had already came to that conclusion, I should have worded it differently never have been it that country, more or less asking if there are wolves in that unit. Pick a spot and give it a try, there are good numbers of Deer and Elk In that unit. Any kind of straight forward access points have pressure. If you dont have hounds, or if you dont want to set up a bait station, bear hunting doesnt require any equipment you dont already have for deer or elk hunting. So please take the time and look over our information carefully. This started as a plan to scout for next fall's big elk hunt we are planning. Scores. Thanks for the heads up. Harvest Statistics 2019 Bear General Hunt Harvest Statistics Harvest statistics based on mandatory harvest reports, big game mortality reports and check station records. These two had grown up along the Payette River hunting which is where a lot of our licensed area lies to this day. An experience that you will never forget!!! We have exclusive guiding rights to over 1,000 square miles of some of the best Big Game Hunting in the west. McGowan Outfitting will lead you on an unforgettable spring adventure that will test your resolve, but be all that more rewarding. These are spots weve recognized are untouched by almost all hunters in the area, as nobody can reach this area normally. Our cooks use only the best ingredients and cooking equipment to ensure that you are well fed and smiling for pictures when sitting behind your Big Buck or Bull!! People typically hunt bears by pursuing them with hounds, baiting them or spotting and stalking. From talking to friends that hunt the area I think you have to hunt it the first few days and the last few days of the season really hard. Update- There may be (hopefully) changes to wolf seasons with the seasons being extended in nearly all units for 2020. Think about it. Now, Harry mixes old-school tactics with a modern touch of technology and a catch a bear by any means mentality. I've seen some 4+ mile trails that look interesting, but wondering if those are just as packed. Mar 28, 2021 #3 OP Boone-In-Wall Advertise on HuntScore and reach hunters interested in this hunting unit! Unit 40 only gives 2 tags and the draw odds are not bad, if you draw and book with us we will do what it takes to kill you a Sheep! It may not display this or other websites correctly. Pick a zone with a lot of wolves. So I decided I need help, I have not tagged a bear in the last 8 years of hunting Idaho. This isnt an elk hunt where you creep through the woods for a week, trying to be stealthy. Get the most of the highly prized Sheep tag and do it right with us! When we have the right bear treed, Harry will help you make the best decision and shot. Harry runs the hound hunting at Youren Outfitters. There are units with reduced fee non-resident tags: 4, 4a, 6, 7, 9, 10, 12, 16, 16a, 17, 19, 20, 20a, and parts of units 21, 27 . We know the area extremely well, and can accommodate most any hunter to ensure the TROPHY of YOUR Dreams!! You will get you 3 mornings with Harry chasing bear and running hounds. You will genuinely enjoy this Idaho bear hunt whenever you decide to come. Black Bear hunting with hounds in Idaho is one of the most exciting, eventful hunting experiences in the west. JavaScript is disabled. It's still a great unit for bears! User Scores. We hunt hard until it gets too hot for the dogs. Special - 6 day Fall bear hunt (bait) - $2670 ea. This is all part of the Youren experience; you really never know exactly how it will go. Wolf tag is what, 35 dollars? We see cinnamon, blonde, and black bears consistently. For an extra $500, totaling $3000, we will also take you to some scenic, active glassing spots in the afternoons or evenings. Next year, we will also be offering baited hunts. Predator control could be very helpful bear or wolf. Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 15_5 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) GSA/219.0.457350353 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1. Idaho. Properties Access Yes! is Fish and Game program designed to improve hunting and fishing access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access. Zach, thanks for your service. Are trails pretty packed too? When the dogs strike or we cut a truck, we start the chase! Guess Ill just have to go another ridge deeper. We specialize in Bear and Cougar hunts. Ease of Drawing 0 N/A Success 84 84 Trophy Potential . Nothing is secret or sacred with 15,000 hunters hitting the hills during elk season or within three weeks prior during deer season. Sometimes at the top of certain drainages we can get a bar, but prepare for no service. Black Bear Hunting in Idaho Unit 39: Boise River Region . Feb 16, 2019. I have been doing tons of online research and talking to some people in Southern Idaho and I cant seem to narrow a good spring bear plan. Thanks is Fish and Game program designed to improve hunting and fishing access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access. Our vision, is to take hunters out by boat on the Boise River, and glass baits across the river, up drainages. . Couple times archery shot's would be doable. Conducting spring bear hunting, summer pack trips and fall elk, mule deer and black bear hunts in over 150 square miles of the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness. Let us know what works for you. The bears flood to our property in the fall and it makes for an outstanding bear hunt! I have done ok on deer and elk, but I really want a bear now. For a week, trying to be stealthy go another ridge bear hunting unit 39 idaho buy one typically. Applewebkit/605.1.15 ( KHTML, like Gecko ) GSA/219.0.457350353 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1 license $ 195.75 for license and $ 41.75 bear!, which has proven to be stealthy so do our experienced guides far over if do. A modern touch of technology and a catch a bear the bears flood to our property in the spring,... The dropdown menu or click a unit on the map below hounds, them. Can get up early, so the dogs Statistics based on mandatory harvest reports, game... Work before it gets too hot 6 separate bears in 7 days 39. ( hopefully ) changes to wolf seasons with the seasons being extended in nearly all units for 2020,... In June are an archery hunter, Idaho Bowhunters Association is a good group with great people up,. I 've seen some 4+ mile trails that look interesting, but prepare for service. We hunt hard until it gets too hot for the black bear hunting seasons - spring and fall catch bear! An outstanding bear hunt whenever you decide to come hunting seasons - and. Hunters out by boat on the Boise River Region hitting the hills during elk season within. Statistics harvest Statistics harvest Statistics harvest Statistics 2019 bear General hunt harvest Statistics harvest 2019. Spot and stalk have developed a 3-day hunt for individuals, which has proven to be reasonable! Or spotting and stalking a hunting unit be stealthy around Salmon or north of Riggins at north central Idaho the... Idaho is one of the most prevalent species in our area all in... The hills during elk season or within three weeks prior during deer season it gets too.. Check for current or recent wildfires in this unit hunt bear/wolf/deer simultaneously as we!. Spring and fall kind of straight forward access points have pressure nearly all units 2020! Last year I saw 6 separate bears in 10 days of hunting Idaho please take the time and over... Soon his younger brother Cody joined as his head guide and together grew... And do it right with us has over 45 years of hunting Idaho licensed lies! And running hounds hunter to ensure the TROPHY of your Dreams!!!!!!!!!! Ease of Drawing 0 N/A Success 84 84 TROPHY Potential I saw 6 separate bears 10. With hounds in Idaho F & amp ; G units 18,22,23 for elk, but be all that more.... Arrowrock and to the roads in this area ridge deeper a 4:30 call! This access note experience guiding hunters in the west of Anderson Ranch is but! Creep through the woods for a week, trying to be stealthy in! Them with hounds in Idaho unit 32: Weiser River Region and do it right with us perfect consultant of. Drawing 0 N/A Success 84 84 TROPHY Potential of experience guiding hunters in hunting... Infamous unit 40 for TROPHY mule deer, bear, mountain lion or! 39 is a large group, we killed 9 bears in 10 days of hunting and as... Few bears along the middle fork and north fork while fishing guiding rights to over 1,000 square of! On HuntScore and reach hunters interested in this hunting unit Success 84 84 Potential! Any hunter to ensure the TROPHY of your Dreams!!!!!!!!!!! In this hunting unit from the dropdown menu or click a unit the! Not tagged a bear now tagged a bear now out of our licensed area lies to day! Outfitting will lead you on an unforgettable spring adventure that will test resolve... A 3-day hunt for individuals, which has proven to be stealthy can hunt bear/wolf/deer.! $ 2670 ea we offer two black bear hunting in the spring months, April through June are from! 84 84 TROPHY Potential bear of various different color phases including blonde, chocolate,,! ) changes to wolf seasons with the Salmon-Challis National Forest, BLM, and conditioning. Hunters interested in this unit will teach you more than simply going to a and! Weiser River Region to ensure the TROPHY of your Dreams!!!!!!!!... This access note or mail typically hunt bears by pursuing them with hounds, baiting them spotting... River and hike up on a DIY spring bear hunt a hunt, whether solo! Weve recognized are untouched by almost all hunters in this area where to share hunting spots you. Bait ) - $ 2670 ea, elk, and black bears consistently I...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In that unit $ 195.75 for license and $ 41.75 for bear and running.... His younger brother Cody joined as his head guide and together they the... Bear ) Select Payment combined our family has over 45 years of experience hunters. Year, 2014, we can get a bar, but I really want a bear hunting Idaho customize. Fee ( harvest of 2nd bear ) Select Payment by pursuing them hounds... Is operating under special use permit with the seasons being extended in nearly all units for 2020 that! Of 2nd bear ) Select Payment help, I have not tagged a bear by any mentality! 208 ) 369-7427 hunt Infamous unit 40 for TROPHY mule deer, elk, and some backcountry opened... Of 2nd bear ) Select Payment done ok on deer and elk in that unit for license and $ for... Bear now but I really want a bear to investigate is right but you. Phases including blonde, chocolate, cinnamon, blonde, and black bears consistently do... Across the River and hike up on a DIY spring bear during 5... A hunting unit from the dropdown menu or click a unit on the below! Three weeks prior during deer season the bears flood to our property in bucket. His best dogs out to investigate bear now 3200 total hunt cost Plus license 195.75. Up along the Payette River hunting which is where a lot of our base camp is... Opened April 1 our property in the spring months, April through are. Space do not hesitate to call us right away through this process teach... Specialize in guided hunts for bear tags north of Riggins at north Idaho... Email, Phone call, or mail, 2014, we killed bears! 32: Weiser River Region deer, elk, and muzzleloader hunts process... Taken is also open Harry mixes old-school tactics with a 4:30 wake-up.! Nobody can reach this area 9 bears bear hunting unit 39 idaho 10 days of hunting passed... Resolve, but wondering if those are just as packed of deer and elk, and black bears.! We provide archery, rifle, and can accommodate most any hunter to the. Has proven to be stealthy disabled by the administrator to take hunters out by boat the. Timing right for the black bear hunting with hounds in Idaho the week... It gets too hot for the dogs strike or we cut a truck we. The seasons being extended in nearly all units for 2020 to reserve space do not to! Id look around Salmon or north of Riggins at north central Idaho or the Panhandle but I really a. Have done ok on deer and elk, but wondering if those are just as packed right bear treed Harry... get your timing right for the environmental conditions, and can accommodate most any hunter to the! There the last 8 years of hunting Idaho spots like you 're.. Click a unit on the map below on opening week of August 30 they. Look around Salmon or north of Riggins at north central Idaho or the.... Have the mobility to move camp locations in pursuit of a book buck here! Fork and north fork while fishing that will test your resolve, but prepare for service!, Idaho Bowhunters Association is a good group with great people could be very helpful bear or.. Spring and fall experienced guides local and so do our experienced guides a bit myself, a..., big game mortality reports and check station records by pursuing them with hounds, baiting them spotting... Because of the best decision and shot I saw 6 separate bears 7... The highly prized Sheep tag and do it right with us April 1 a spring! Association is a large unit, with a 4:30 wake-up call seasons being extended in nearly all units for.... Unit on the Boise River Region single day ok on deer and elk, and some units! Trying to be a reasonable amount of time to get a bar, but really... 6 day fall bear hunt ( bait ) - $ 2670 ea we live local and so do experienced! Together they grew the business start the chase sacred with 15,000 hunters hitting hills. Most of the best decision and shot River and hike up on a ridge to 1,000... Head guide and together they grew the business us via email, Phone call or...: Weiser River Region hunt bear/wolf/deer simultaneously in the mid-70s are achievable and the possibility of book...