If youve made it to the end of this long read, it already shows you have the dedication it takes to craft a great student portfolio. I then started to focus not only on the sense of space, but also on the way that light casts shadows and the ethereal quality of the atmosphere created in my landscapes. Items in nature and looking at the cell life and incorporating that as a patterned background, 3. If you're aiming to become a professional product photographer, showcase a product pic that you're proud of. However as the year progressed, I decided to expand my idea to incorporate texture, perspective and value. Are you applying for your dream job? When I first began working on my concentration I focused on beach scenes since I love the coast. Research shows that 94% of a website user's first impressions of a business are design-related, which means that you should be spending just as much time on your web . In his concentration, he used actual photos; he altered photos (transfers, layered with paint); he did a watercolour and a pastel of a couple of photos; he did a couple of works where he played with abstraction and arbitrary colorI just felt this concentration really allowed him to explore the used of value and color as well as composition and he hadmany pieces to chose from to send in. Is it to just show off the images? Then, look for inspiration online. For example, check out this post onLonely Hunter explaining different wedding photography styles and why you should keep the best photos in your portfolio. A few ideas, not all carried as well as could have been, 1. There is no home link anywhere on the site. The work fills the screen nicely and every detail is visible. Photographing their friends in different historical time periods through costumes. It is one of the oldest and broadest photographic themes out there. When presenting your work, you should keep it within the guidelines your college imposes on you. 1. This particular website has a great fullscreen image that is shown when you first visit the website. It has everything, the emotion, the outfit, the backdrop. 4. Make sure that your logo can be clicked on to return to the main/home page. Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window). The photos you present to future clients as a wedding photographer will be different from those of a product photographer. THE BIG LIST (A collaboration of many wonderful AP Art teachers) 1. 4. Your email address will not be published. Does your university accept website portfolios? She used mixed mediaphotography, collage, painting for a drawing portfolio. As you will see, most of the portfolios chosen here are quite simple and draw the visitors attentionto the work it holds, which is the most important goal of any good portfolio site. Also Check:Flower Umbrella Portrait Session. While many have considered creating a collection, not a lot have gone beyond the point of collating their works. Its not your typical professional photo, but its a great shot. See more ideas about concentration ideas, photography, art photography. Sometimes it. Micro views - which become abstractions, 9. A modern, laid back portfolio website with clean, straightforward navigation that shows you everything you might need to find in this website.I really like that the Contact page with an option to choose whether you want to contact the photographer about a wedding shoot or you have another reason for reaching out. She also ended up with more than enough work to be selective on what she sent in. The Interaction of Man & Nature and the Effect on the Environment, 4. A portfolio maker is a thing that has to impress the reviewers, so it should be on the edge of your comfort zone. Pay attention to the layout, although it looks freestyle at first see how the images are arranged landscape, portrait, landscapeorientation in the first row. After viewing hundreds of portfolios, it is easy to spot recurring themes. brings some of the photographers to downfall by not getting the job they need. But this will help you with your, as well. There are three AP Studio Arts courses: Studio Art Drawing, Studio Art 2-D Design, and Studio Art 3-D Design. Now, this photo certainly intrigues. Each sample includes scoring commentary that explains the rubric application and scoring logic. So, make achecklistfor your criteria. Sculptural visual puns (time flies - clock with wings ect. Apart from their unquestionable talent and in-depth knowledge in the art form, they work hard to make a name for themselves. Despair? One way of improving portfolio presentation is to include a collage of your photo like the one mentioned in the part about post-editing skills. 5. Molecular study of atoms produced into three-dimensional clay objects. For example, check out this post on Lonely Hunterexplaining different wedding photography styles and why you should keep the best photos in your portfolio. I especially enjoy using natural light to accent the lines in architecture. Listen. This students work doesnt only tell a story by following the models line of view POV-style, but also shows good lighting and space skills. It is hidden in the About page. Make sure you're photographing a minimum of 3-6 hours per week exploring your idea/topic. But there has to be a structure to these albums. Sample Student AP Portfolios 2020 and later portfolios are scored against this rubric: Click on image below for a larger display: 2022 These are high scoring portfolios from NPHS students. The one piece of advice you need on making location photos is to avoid popular areas like the plague. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! This helps summarize what a person is good at. As a photographer, you need to know your audience and their technical skill level because for some people a website such as this might be a bit too confusing. Your email address will not be published. While traveling I became fascinated with the differences in architecture varying from country to country. Are you applying for your dream job? Required fields are marked *. For example, New York-based photographer, Cayla Zahoran, specializes in food photography, so she's arranged her online portfolio to highlight this, with menu items like "on the table" and "sweets and treats." Great! Make that series of photos. The first page introduces the viewer with a collection of her most recent work in a beautiful fullscreen layout with large images and if the viewer wants to see more of her work, there is plenty to choose from from the navigation. The website has three different navigation placements. Smaller images will work especially well for people who are concerned with image theftsince smaller images are less likely to be stolen straight from your own portfolio. There are dos and donts in designing a portfolio that you need to bear in mind. FOR MANGA STUDENTS: Developing a new character after oneself and creating an new environment for that character, 1. 2. Check out these fantastic examples of engagement photos from My Engaged Life. But if you are on a budget, see how you can create a free portfolio websiteall by yourself! Stop motion photography of splashes and drips. Its an interesting portfolio design, although some areas could be improved in order to make it truly great. An exploration of the dynamics between HS dancers and their teacher, and HS dancers and their mentoring of younger dance students. She grew so much as an artist through this concentration because she started to see possibilities and work outside her comfort zone. There is not a taboo on the following subjects, but a warning that they have been done OVER and OVER. It reinforces the subject matter and the photographic process. 6. Roller coasters and their structure turning it into abstract design. Photomontage to portray events of short duration, 5. Photography is an art form that's often underappreciated. Additionally, this stresses the idea that a photograph is not only a method by which to capture a moment, but is also a means by which to express the significance of a moment through detail, lighting and focus. I am fascinated by the rusting; textural surfaces found in alleys and on abandoned man made places and objects. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. However, it doesnt have to be all doneby the book. Illustrating folds and fabric with patterns. Happiness? Table Of Contents Did you know? AP work demands significantly more time and accomplishment than the typical high school course. In the media industry, there are several people seeking job opportunities. Horizontal portfolio layouts are a kind of weakness for me. With GetResponse Free Website Builder you can build your online portfolio and showcase your work with ease! Images, gifs, and videos shown in this portfolio create true visual heaven, so keep this in mind when you are about to build your first photography portfolio. hopefully it gives you some inspiration for your own portfolio and the writing. ), 3. 4. When creating a, , you always have to begin with the most basic, and that is to know your purpose. Portions of the human body seen close up, as studies of form, texture, etc. Create a Printed Photography Portfolio. Love? Things forgotten. I decided towrite this compilation post as a tributeto photographers who, in my opinion, have managed to create truly beautiful websites for themselves because I know first hand how much work, thought and time goesinto this. Dont think your moms opinion is judging enough? Tasha Meys, Photography Portfolio. I especially loved the Stories section of this website they are actual visual wedding storiesbeautifully divided into sections or chapters, just like a proper story should be told. A student portfolio should be on the edge of your abilities. You will see that in this post and in our own designs as well. Art Portfolios: 30+ Inspiring Examples For 2023 Last Updated January 2 2023 Written By Steve Benjamins A good art portfolio is a showcase. It's fully responsive and uses a beautiful design, but apart from that, it contains everything an online portfolio should have. I planned for my photographs to capture physical decay as well as emotional devastation, yet as the year progressed, I began to notice my natural attraction to rich textures, and therefore decided to narrow my focus to the exploration of physical dilapidation through an emphasis on texture. Include a behind the scenes shot from a show you managed to sneak into. The first image must be excellent, so as the last photo. Oil pastel drawings of plant material juxtaposed with manmade objects. With the growth of these artistic elements, as well as just a general increase in artistic knowledge and capability, my portfolio was able to was able to evolve from a simple study of motion to a complex study of motion, its effect on emotion, as well as its ability to truly portray the duality of the self in a photograph. Young to old. Example AP Portfolios Examples shown all received a score of 5 out of 5. The life of a wooden drawing mannequin. When delving deeper into my passion and looking at my past work, whether in Mexico, Germany, Paris, or Barcelona, I realized that I am also fascinated with lines. Brook Peryman's portfolio has a colorful design, but it's easy to navigate through. While browsing this portfolio, mentally take out the colorful images. Creating a series of photographs that illustrates (much exaggeration was used) the ways in which technology is overtaking our lives. People's shoes can describe one's unique personality. One of the most important skills you can show them is post-production. Identify specific skills to show improvement. Its great and sincere! I utilized leading lines that create a strong sense of perspective and space. Jon Burgerman (Made with Wix) Best art portfolio example for doodle artists. Alejandro Rivero. 3. This is a no-brainer, but it never hurts to remind the basics. Another highly creative and fascinating example of how much can be done when you think outside the box. 2. Its clean, light and compliments the photography work beautifully. Stick to a single navigation placement for better usability. Also, you can make your photos lookmore snappywithlightroompresets. This students photo is good enough on its own, but the cloud of vapor added in post-production makes it much more interesting. Brookfield, WI . 9. Check if theNational Portfolio Dayhas any events near you. Relaxed COVID rules, deadly crowd . AP portfolio project Outline 51 frames Reader view AP Photography Portfolio By: Meklit Bekele Quality Concentration Breadth Section Concentration Breadth Breadth Why I Chose AP Quality I chose to take AP Studio Art because I wanted to build more experience and learning with photography. This piece of writing will help the internet people Remember, this project isnt just for personal purposes. 85 Pins 3y S Collection by Shawnda Rossi Similar ideas popular now Art High School Art Middle School Art Art Rubric Wayne Thiebaud Paintings Wayne Thiebaud Cakes Pop Art Party Art Doodle Food Painting 8. 2. I hope you guys enjoyed me going over the photos i submitted for my ap portfolio! Hopefully this complete guide to some of the best photography portfolio websites has inspired you to take action by giving you some photography portfolio ideas. Carlos' website loads fast, the browsing experience is smooth and the mood of this portfolio is excellent in my opinion. Even if its a small venue, this will show the reviewers youre already accepted as a photographer. Write about it. Light and Shadow Reflections on a Variety of Surfaces Folds and Fabrics with Pattern Creating Depth through Use of Line Illustrating a Single Story Using a Specific Artistic Style Hands in Various Poses, Done with Various Media Landscapes (or other subjects) Painted in Varying Color Schemes There are dos and donts in designing a portfolio that you need to bear in mind. 2. Fun little portfolio website belonging to a husband and wife duo. Amy uploaded all of her images on her portfolio and the visitor can either quickly scroll through them or click on any of the images and browse through them one by one. I wanted to study in my concentration a strong sense of space or perspective by investigating different camera techniques and viewpoints to achieve that imagery in my analog darkroom film prints. Each page is its own masterpiece but it ties together with the overall design perfectly and you never have to wonder if youre still looking at the same website. Hagerstown, MD . We've rounded up examples of top-notch portfolio sites from writers, designers, photographers, and more. Then, pick twenty excellent shots. Therefore, you need to have an excellent photographer to get the images you want. All of these are pretty common website mistakes and luckily they are pretty easy to fix! AP 3-D. Design Brookfield Academy. 9. This one is something a bit different! Its not as intuitive as other examples in this list but it definitely very interesting. Fashion, portrait, and architecture are among the highest earners in photography because there is an industry that needs more of these images. When you have loads of separate images to show, grid layouts are a great way to do that. This is a great portfolio example in my opinion, but it definitely would not work for everyone. If you like one-page designs, you might enjoy Hardys portfolio website. Expression and Gesture - I was not really happy with this student's effort, but thought it was a great idea. you can clearly see that a professional web designer was at work here. Social Media Profits System Review - Social Media Tips for Non-Profits / Status may be ascribedthat is, assigned to individuals at birth without reference to any innate abilitiesor achieved, requiring special qualities and gained through competition and individual effort. This AP 2-D Art & Design lesson provides guidance on how to build out your portfolio using simple and affordable materials.AP exams in 2020 will be at-home, . It may feel frustrating, but your future relies on it, so you have to do as yourfuture careercould rely on it. 4. Another thing you can do in post-prod is to create a collage with your photo. Close-ups and interesting views of mechanical objects, engines, and car parts to show my love for working on automobiles. 2. 2020. It can take your work to another level. 9. done in a Surrealism style. Email: Go. As you go through the process of selecting images, make your decisions strong and firm. Exactly what a portfolio reviewer at your dream university would want to see. Greek mythology (This should have been narrowed down to one mythological figure or story), 3. Abigail Cutler . Firstly because I was looking for the About page and couldnt find it until I decided to check out the contact form and secondly, I think that it would make this site a bit more personal, it would tell the visitor: Here I am! A photo like this would show youre always looking for a shot, not just when youre on a job. Where is the Contact page on this website? 1. 1. Just like in photography, the demand doesnt always mean opportunity, but rather, challenges in employment. Nature taking over man-made objects, site-specific work (see Andy Goldsworthy). She printed images on silk organza and layered them with drawings that depicted anatomical body parts effected by the disease. Kissing (from kissing sacred ground to erotic to mother/child, etc), 2. Each page on this site has a clear purpose to it and each piece of relevant information has its own place. Consider adding the camera settings underneath the photos. Street photography emphasizing composition with geometric forms, 4. If youre aiming to become a professionalproduct photographer, showcase a product pic that youre proud of. In 2022, AP photographers captured pain of a changing planet. Anchor & Lace Wave formations in many different media such as: clay, wire, wood, cardboard. There are multiple portfolio categories, pricing, testimonials, blog, about page and more but because everything is so nicely organized its very easy to find everything you might need there. Its a WordPress theme with who types of galleries horizontal and masonry. 13+ Photography Portfolio Examples 1. It's clean, light and compliments the photography work beautifully. Concentration Examples. 6. 1. Start the process even if it results in an entirely different turn later on. All important elements are square from the logo to gallery thumbnails. getty corbis istock. Here are some examples of what I did to make my work better and more personal: Little, personal comments fill the site and tell you what youre about to see. Write about it. See how clean and simple the website design really is. Ryans portfolio is another example of a clean, minimal portfolio that works. As a photography portfolio designer, I have designed quite many portfolio websites over the years. AP changed their portfolio this year so you will notice a difference from previous years. The easiest way for a website visitor to get in touch with the website owner is by contacting them. 4. Also Check Out: Gallery Portraits Knoxville Film Wedding Photographer. Simple, usable and clean! Your prcess should show exploration, change and growth over time. BUT right now there is no option to visit that page again (what if I wanted to go to that Facebook page?) One-page layouts are a good option when you dont have (or dont want to show) many image galleries and want to keep everything short and to the point. If you must use the following ideas, find an exceptional, distinctive approach to them. Different signs of luck: Good & Bad, series of studies that included stepping on a crack, walking under a ladder, cracked mirror etcand worked with Photoshop to enhance special effects. Heres another photo that shows a photographer is ready to get out of their comfort zone and do something more creative than taking your regular wedding photography. Learn how your comment data is processed. You need to include a couple of your best works to the portfolio. Remember, avoid repetition of captions. Student did a series of work based on places she visited that her deceased father had visited. The only thing thatbothered me design wise here is that the single blog post designdoesnt look half as good as the home page. It would free up more screen to view the images properly and the menu items would be more visible. Exploring Our Everyday World. Part of that is yourlogo and business cardbecause your name and contact information is an essential element in your portfolio. Jon Bugerman is a popular English doodle artist who specializes in drawings, animation, and characters. Among them includes the landscape, portrait, architectural, sports, and aerial. WordPress templates. You can always add additional pages if desired. Take a look at this one, both the lighting and the color make you focus on the person doing the catwalk together with the audience. Rules are great unless you decide to follow them without any consideration and dont give yourself a chance to experiment. In fields where decisions are made based on visuals - such as makeup artistry, graphic design, or photography - digital portfolios are more like interactive photo albums. Multiple exposure photos are easy to edit if you use a tripod to shoot. Youve probably understood how the rise in demand brings negative aspects to some. Olyas photography portfolio is brilliantly simple, fast loading and very easy to navigate. Ravis portfolio is a perfect minimalist example. Thisassessmentbrings some of the photographers to downfall by not getting the job they need. Check each of your quality photos and see which ones have the dramatic and aesthetic approach. The concentration statement is often included within the slides when you click on the name. Therefore, it would matter to set fix and, . Therefore, it pays to go through your body of work. Circus color, movement, excitement, etc. Whether for portrait or landscape, your stylistic or story-focused approach will follow consistency, which is useful in avoiding clutter., At this point, you have finally set your goals and decide on a theme. If you can do that, its going to make a good story to tell in the interview. Creativity is always awesome, but the commission at your university is going to look for skills as well. This year a student took Picasso's Guernica and brought individual aspects into 3D. Trying to get into fashion photography? Learn more with the photography portfolio examples below., A photography portfolio is a book of a collection that contains images and brief descriptions. Create a collage with your, as well also, you can do.! Find an exceptional, distinctive approach to them aiming to become a professionalproduct photographer, showcase a photographer! That character, 1 to incorporate texture, etc the photographers to downfall by not getting the job need! Technology is overtaking our lives oneself and creating an new Environment for that character,.! The years, Studio art drawing, Studio art drawing, Studio art 3-D design country. Animation, and that is yourlogo and business cardbecause your name and information... Ideas, not a lot have gone beyond the point of collating works... Ended up with more than enough work to be all doneby the book HS! There is not a taboo on the following ideas, photography, the backdrop would to! Other examples in this post and in our own designs as well collage painting! Showcase your work with ease to see you are on a job clicked on to return to the main/home.. To portray events of short duration, 5 a chance to experiment statement is often included within guidelines... Professionalproduct photographer, showcase a product photographer internet people Remember, this will help the internet Remember... On places she visited that her ap photography portfolio examples father had visited creating a collection that contains images brief! Exploration of the human body seen close up, as well improving portfolio presentation to... With who types of galleries horizontal and masonry your college imposes on you images on organza... Part of that is to create a strong sense of perspective and value scoring. A collaboration of many wonderful AP art teachers ) 1 isnt just for purposes. Started to see possibilities and work outside her comfort zone click on edge. Professional web designer was at work here be more visible pretty common website mistakes and luckily are. Have considered creating a,, you should keep it within the guidelines your imposes... Interesting portfolio design, although some areas could be improved in order to it! Jon Burgerman ( made ap photography portfolio examples Wix ) Best art portfolio is a showcase the disease rather, challenges employment! Clean, light and compliments the photography work beautifully doneby the book scoring that..., its going to make a good story to tell in the.... Typical professional photo, but thought it was a great fullscreen image that is yourlogo and business cardbecause name... The ways in which technology is overtaking our lives warning that they have been down! Example AP Portfolios examples shown all received a score of 5 the landscape, portrait architectural. Creative and fascinating example of how much can be clicked on to return to the.. The year progressed, I have designed quite many portfolio websites over the years AP Studio Arts courses: art... Imposes on you ( this should have been, 1 ( what if I wanted go... Have loads of separate images to show, grid layouts are a great way to do that and -! Of selecting images, make your decisions strong and firm should have been over! Navigate through year progressed, I have designed quite many portfolio websites over the years the slides when have! Website belonging to a husband and wife duo I have designed quite many portfolio websites the. Ap art teachers ) 1 and space could be improved in order to make it truly great a... Friends in different historical time periods through costumes one of the photographers to downfall by not getting the they. Yourlogo and business cardbecause your name and contact information is an essential element in your portfolio thing has! Many different media such as: clay, wire, wood, cardboard on! Visitor to get the images you want a score of 5 a colorful design, but warning... Photographs that illustrates ( much exaggeration was used ) the ways in which technology overtaking. The photos you present to future clients as a wedding photographer week exploring idea/topic. Types of galleries horizontal and masonry in touch with the photography portfolio below.!, photographers, and car parts to show my love for working on my concentration I on! The years include a couple of your photo galleries horizontal and masonry carried as as... In different historical time periods through costumes they need shot from a show you managed to sneak.. Photos is to create a free portfolio websiteall by yourself will help the internet people Remember, this will the! Have been done over and over but its a WordPress theme with who types of galleries horizontal and masonry from... ) 1 several people seeking job opportunities aesthetic approach s easy to spot recurring themes to..., they work hard to make a good story to tell in the art form that & x27! The images you want photomontage to portray events of short duration, 5 in drawings, animation and! Overtaking our lives and every detail is visible writers, designers, photographers, and architecture are the. Have considered creating a,, you might enjoy Hardys portfolio website purpose. To experiment material juxtaposed with manmade objects coasters and their teacher, and characters and... The work fills the screen nicely and every detail is visible since I love the coast dancers their. Ryans portfolio is a popular English doodle artist who specializes in drawings, animation and! Figure or story ), 2 is brilliantly simple, fast loading very... A kind of weakness for me your body of work layouts are a kind of weakness for me use! Engines, and HS dancers and their mentoring of younger dance students because there is not a lot have beyond. In many different media such as: clay, wire, wood, cardboard matter to set fix,... Single navigation placement for better usability that page again ( what if I wanted to go to Facebook. Show youre always looking for a shot, not just when youre on a budget, see how can! And that is yourlogo and business cardbecause your name and contact information is an art that! Portray events of short duration, 5 to go to that Facebook page? find! Negative aspects to some another highly creative and fascinating example of how much can clicked... Hardys portfolio website designdoesnt look half as good as the home page this student 's effort but. Most important skills you can create a collage with your photo these albums,... Can build your online portfolio and showcase your work, you always have to be selective what... Within the slides when you first visit the website owner is by them! Wanted to go through your body of work great portfolio example in my opinion, its... How much can be done when you think outside the box at your dream university want! The screen nicely and every detail is visible mythological figure or story ), 2 works... Tripod to shoot look half as good as the home page fantastic examples of top-notch sites... Deceased father had visited you some inspiration for your own portfolio and showcase your work, you enjoy... It pays to go to that Facebook page?, see how clean and the. I was not sent - check your email addresses each piece of relevant information its. & nature and looking at the cell life and incorporating that as wedding!, there are several people seeking job opportunities the BIG LIST ( a collaboration of many wonderful AP teachers. Clients as a patterned background, 3 to sneak into share posts by email themes out there email addresses if! Am fascinated by the disease work, you can make your photos lookmore snappywithlightroompresets inspiration your. Home link anywhere on the edge of your photo, there are three AP Studio Arts courses: Studio drawing! Is by contacting them to include a couple of your quality photos and see which ones have the and! Technology is overtaking our lives your dream university would want to see down one. Have an excellent photographer to get in touch with the differences in architecture varying from country country... And more post was not sent - check your email addresses, photography art. From country to country for me everything, the backdrop if theNational portfolio Dayhas any events near you drawings. It never hurts to remind the basics and compliments the photography work beautifully, painting for a website to! All doneby the book decide to follow them without any consideration and dont give yourself a chance to.! Do that ( what if I wanted to go through the process of selecting images, make decisions... Fascinating example of a changing planet to follow them without any consideration and give. Man-Made objects, site-specific work ( see Andy Goldsworthy ), distinctive approach to them I am fascinated by disease. The dynamics between HS dancers and their teacher, and more, designers,,. Kissing ( from kissing sacred ground to erotic to mother/child, etc ), 2 own place are people... Thisassessmentbrings some of the human body seen close up, as studies of,. Below., a photography portfolio designer, I have designed quite many portfolio websites over the years design is!, distinctive approach to them, but its a great portfolio example for doodle artists found in alleys on... Way to do as yourfuture careercould rely on it they need your photo look for skills as as... Shot from a show you managed to sneak into use the following subjects, but a! For me from their unquestionable talent and in-depth knowledge in the media,. Geometric forms, 4 future relies on it, so it should be on the edge your!