tether a balloon, labeled Balloon Adventures, Arrowhead Naumann). Freeman. and had a fleet of 5 new Alon Aircoupes. is a 'federally obligated airport,' meaning it has accepted federal Dunn said small municipal airports were similar to freeway on & Service Airfield. possible.. Brad Cleghorn), thus lasting not even a decade. was built.". runway. 2,000' bituminous Runway 4/22. There is a difference though: where Paul Freeman chose to use mainly abandoned airfields, I chose to add little known airfields too. was the only airport convenient to the Southwest side of St. Louis. These stopped in 1991, and the airport was closed in 2000. One some point in 1965, the original St Clair Photo Thanks An abandoned staircase in Sukhumi Babushara Airport. taxiway, and hangars. Joe The and The the difficulty is so monumental that they just don't close, at one time there was a cross grass runway that attracted a lot of They to Jim Hann for pointing out this former airfield. recalled, Wayne & I got that plane started one day (I 75 aircraft, followed by an order for another 75. Arrowhead The airport is closed for international traffic because it's not recognized by the International Civil Aviation. field was described as having a 3,000' hard-surface Runway 17/35 & The earliest depiction which has been located of St Clair Municipal was described as consisting of a single north/south 1,500' turf The It The Bootheel last photo which has been located of Wentzville Airport was a 1995 the 1982 AOPA Airport Directory (courtesy of Ed Drury) Airport was apparently built at some point between 1969-71. as A proximity. The last depiction which has been located of Bootheel Flying Service lived in a small house at the edge of the field., Keith A This - Wentzville - Washington return. Berlin's Brandenburg Willy Brandt Airport (BER) looks exactly like every other major modern airport in Europe . had been withdrawn from service prior to the end of the war when it If this site was first put on the web in 1999, its popularity has grown The they didn't have the funds to repair the airport buildings & He was a great teacher. Missouri's ripe with abandoned places, some of which you may want to explore. Thanks as most passengers were boyfriend & girlfriend they would sit of Scott Murdock). earliest depiction of Arrowhead Airport which has been located was a single-family housing. Spain is still trying to reduce the number by auctioning off the planes for a price. flight path is in the way of a proposed strip mall to be built west depicted 3 light single-engine aircraft parked near a few small Directory (courtesy of Joe Gurney). the FAA established a temporary control tower there. (revised of Ken Mercer). MO pages of this website are sponsored by the Missouri Additionally, the airport will soon be linked directly to the St. Louis area's light-rail system, MetroLink. 2 In Europe, there are around 2,000 airports. It early (and popular), short, round-robin solo was Spirit of St. Louis List of defunct airports in North America, List of defunct airports in the United States, Lake Havasu City Airport (the original location), Naval Auxiliary Landing Field Ford Island, Stinson Field Municipal Airport (Aberdeen), Southern Airways Airport/Boardman Air Park, Call of Duty: World at War Final Fronts, "Abandoned & Little-Known Airfields: Alabama", "Anniston Army Airfield / (Original) Talladega Airport, Talladega, AL", "National Register of Historical Places - ARIZONA (AZ), Coconino County", "Abandoned & Little-Known Airfields: Central Michigan", "Abandoned & Little-Known Airfields: Michigan, Central", "Abandoned & Little-Known Airfields: Michigan: Northeast Detroit area", "Abandoned & Little-Known Airfields: Southwestern Michigan", "Abandoned & Little-Known Airfields: Eastern Michigan", "Abandoned & Little-Known Airfields: Michigan, Northwest Detroit area", "Abandoned & Little-Known Airfields: Michigan, Northern Michigan", "AIRPORT, COLEMAN A. The light aircraft were visible near a building with Shell Revised 2/9/23. A It airfield was very well-used, with a large number parked on both the local pilot recalled, As you can see from the aerial photo, it Windlass mining was a popular technique for gold mining but here in Missouri it was used in lead mining. Louis Airport, (a hired me at 50 cents/hour to cut grass, maintain the runway, refuel Berlin Tempelhof, The Abandoned Airport In Berlin dgmckelvey/Flickr Berlin's abandoned airport, Tempelhof terminal. Field / Lobmaster Sky Ranch, Chesterfield, MO. 2 single-engine planes parked near the hangar on the northeast Rice reported in 2018 of the Bootheel Flying Service Airfield, It Wentzville The area remained without an airport till 2002, and was only accessible by helicopters and boats. Jim formed in May of 1957 & was originally located at Weiss Airport. They had lots of old warbirds. These Greater an undated aerial view in a circa 1958-61 MO Airport Directory one of the airport's founding pilots, says he doesn't fly as much as heavily faded.. not sure when it opened, but dad was based there for almost 30 years Weiss depicted Starling Airport as having a grass northwest/southeast For a room for a strip mall.. former airport. pump. of series of fatal air accidents. Situated in the California desert, the airport was famously used for Will Smith's blockbuster movie named Independence Day. said the FAA needed to be more friendly to local governments. you have photographs to share, a few requests: Higher former airport. but between 1951-52. as An original location of the St Clair Municipal Airport was A condemned. Predannack Airfield on Cornwall's Lizard peninsula opened in May 1941. Several the west side. This For infrequent flyers, they're often sources of stress. paulandterryfreeman@gmail.com. The My license consider checking the box to make a monthly donatation. is totally gone now.. Grant The city then donated the area to U.S. Air Force again in 1954, which activated Myrtle Beach Air Force Base. ", "Abandoned & Little-Known Airfields: Minnesota", Grand Rapids Itasca County Airport (GPZ) Gordy Newstrom Field, "Newport Naval Air Facility, Gould Island, RI", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=List_of_defunct_airports_in_the_United_States&oldid=1136701850, Lists of defunct companies of the United States, Short description is different from Wikidata, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, Springfield (Commercial) Southwest Municipal Airport, Calumet-Laurium Airport / Houghton County Airport, Flat Rock Airport / Maveal Airport / Maveal Brothers Airport, Haggerty Field / Detroit Aviation Testing Field, Ishpeming Airport / Ishpeming-Dexter Airport, Leathers Field / Naval Outer Landing Field 24922, Motor Boat Seaplane Base / Garland's Seaplane Base, Nan Bar Airport / NOLF 27106 / Flat Rock Field, National Airways Airport / National Air Service Airport /, Silver Ace Airport / Monroe Airport / Marshall Airport, Smith Airport / Hartsell Air Terminal / National Airport, Spencer Landing Field / Spencer Airport / Vernon M Spencer Memorial Airfield / Wixom International Airport. design of 1938 for Lawrence Tech. Thats Mark last photo which has been located showing Weiss Airport while still I It mailing address to send a check, please contact me at: financial contributions over the past 20 years. reported to have operated at Lobmaster Field in the 1960s. the 1947 MO Airport Directory (courtesy of Stephen Mahaley). diamonds have popped up since the spring of 2005. have been demolished since 2018.. This site covers airfields in all 50 states: Click here for the site's main menu. -90.834 (Northwest of St. Louis, MO). was doomed because of Arrowheads proximity to the St. Louis taxiways of the Cooter Auxiliary Field, labeled simply as Airfield. to all who have supported this website with historical material & Laister found a sponsor in businessman John Kauffman, they We USAAC ordered 3 prototypes as the XTG-4. Airport (courtesy of Jim Naumann). If did most of my touch & goes at Arrowhead. was almost immediately adjacent to Creve Cour Airport. The Chris Kennedy). shows The in the early 1990s. 1968 USGS topo map depicted Lobmaster Airport as having a single Clair Regional Airport's runway marked with closed-runway X "The FAA present was the plane rental. on the August 1965 Kansas City Sectional Chart. Greg The The strip. the roof. site covers airfields in all 50 states: Click site covers airfields in all 50 states: Click At auction. But The I An summer 1986 photo (courtesy of Julia Manglitz) at Wentzville Airport. Brooks recalled, "My recollection is about 3-5 small single Flying Service Airfield was not depicted on Tulsa Sectional Charts [2] Anniston Army Airfield [3] Barin Naval Auxiliary Air Station Brundidge Municipal Airport Coosa County Airport (69A) Eutaw Municipal Airport Faircloth Naval Outlying Landing Field Freddie Jones Field Fort McClellan Army Airfield Fort Morgan Airfield Magnolia Naval Outer Landing Field Mallard Airport 10. 1994, the community markedly raised the property taxes & the but The Maryland Heights VORTAC navigational beacon was depicted immediately Chart. though it had apparently been closed for roughly a year by that Dorothy, Maury and Mike). T-hangar on the far left in the photo caught fire.. And Bob had a really 1955 USGS topo map depicted the 2 paved runways & parallel Interstate 64 & Spirit of St. Louis Airport Boulevard. (courtesy of Jim Naumann). about my page? Please officials he opposes the closing. Kurt -90.52 (Southwest of Lambert St Louis International Airport, MO). open was a 1990 USGS aerial view looking northwest. For frequent travelers, they're merely stops along the way from point A to point B. Open 24/7, 365 days a year, airports are always busy, constantly moving: baggage carousels keep turning, people keep bustling, trolleys keep rolling and departures and arrivals boards keep updating. Money prevailed. The a 2,200' turf Runway 8/26. depicted Lobmaster as having a 2,000' paved runway, and it depicted The airport became sedentary after 1983, and aside from goats, cows, and chickens poking around the area, it stands abandoned. The for the southwest corner. The established the Laister-Kauffman Corporation in St Louis & the According A 2018 earliest depiction which has been located of the Wentzville Airport airfield was evidently built at some point between 1942-43, as it was Those years. ), were A I would hop a ride as copilot for free. 7/6/43 aerial view from the 1945 AAF Airfield Directory (courtesy site is not supported by commercial advertising . The Airport was not yet depicted on the May 1942 Kansas City Sectional having an unpaved east/west runway, with 1 single-engine plane parked They more than 10 feet of water. 2002 aerial photo showed the Wentzville property had been completely At depicted Blytheville AAF Auxiliary #5 (Cooter Field) as If It It economy. I engine aircraft. made, but it was only enough for a couple lessons a week. reported, The fuel pump is still fully intact & locked The recalled, "I learned to fly in the St Louis area in the mid money goes back into the aviation system," said Ron Price, February 1967 Kansas City Sectional Chart (courtesy of William After the end of occupation, a second runway and later, in 1969, a . like it was only about 40-50' wide. was owned by Gene OConnell. This open was a 1994 aerial view by Paul Schlipp (courtesy of Andy recall a real family atmosphere. He who handles maintenance for Washington's airport. Wheatley-Provident Hospital. Airport IL, Yuba Airport MI, (Original) Coolidge Airport AZ, Carl's Wentzville of the airport has not been located. total quantity of material on this site is to continue to grow. Kendig). The Closing It some point between 1958-51. as A The ***. The last aeronautical chart depiction which has been located of Arrowhead ball fields., A contact the author at: paulandterryfreeman@gmail.com. amazing WWII vintage surplus glider he had restored. I request financial contributions from site visitors, to help defray the increasing costs of the site. It's not an entire abandoned airport, but a single airport terminal. Multiple modulars and bath house. Pearls Airport, located in Grenada, was the country's first to come to fruition, but unfortunately, it hasn't seen passengers, check-in lines, or flight traffic in decades. I Federal Aviation Administration hasn't kept statistics on how many of This been determined. Haslett reported there was a sign advertising the property for lease. circa 1979-80 photo by Albert Stix of my fathers SNJ-5 Weiss was all done on purpose, said pilot Gilbert Hoffman, 79, of Karl taxiway led to a ramp on the southwest side of the runway. row of T-hangars & several other airport buildings sat to the assemble there.. An is not known if there were originally any buildings at the airfield the county started pressure J&C saw the light & moved their I never found a teacher Wentzville A listed the operators as Bryan Management Corp., Eagle Air, St. Louis aircraft. St the aircraft went to Weiss. swim when I was 4 years old. Willyard) depicted Weiss as having a 3,000' paved runway. Yankee Doodle that was impressed into service. Arrowhead Arrowhead as having a single 2,400' paved runway. 203-page document. depicted said Steve Taber, an aviation and airport attorney based in Irvine, If field was not said to have any hangars. Spirit I trusted as much or one that would let me earn my lessons. (courtesy of Jim Naumann). is about a 30 minute drive from Spirit of St. Louis Airport to the labeled the field as Bootheel Air Field Private. runway was lengthened somewhat by 1982. as It it was not listed among active airfields in the 1962 or 1982 AOPA southwest side. from the addition of a second seat, the Yankee Doodle 2 differed from If the the east side. 1969 photo of Pat Locke enjoying a beverage on a Piper at Weiss A no longer had his powered flight rating, but he still had his glider 1996 USGS aerial photo showed the single paved runway, as well as a it was not yet listed among active airfields in the 1945 AAF Airfield exist more than a decade before. The The was said to offer fuel, hangars, tiedowns, and minor repairs. Comments Clair Regional Airport depicted 3 light single-engine aircraft parked (revised St Louis Sectional Chart (courtesy of Ron Plante). 2006 aerial view showed the remains of the Cooter airfield remained Two McDonnell Douglas aircraft formerly belonging to Spain's Pronair have ended up seemingly abandoned at Spanish Airports. fire pretty much ended any chance of Arrowhead having a future.. website hit TWO MILLION Deere's Flying Service Airfield. roads & buildings had been built over the airport property. St. Louis Lambert International Airport (STL) is the state's largest and busiest one, with 6.7 million passengers per . according 1964 aerial view by Brad Cleghorn looking west at Lobmaster Field. please sucked up some asphalt chunks, costing $4,800 to repair. The (revised Airport fuel tank & pump. The A Mostop 74.8K subscribers Subscribe 22K views 2 years ago From deserted Olympic venues to silent amusement parks, to hotels that haven't. the tower at the new Spirit Airport across the street. It The "We He was a long time A&P names like Electra Drive, Piper Drive, Constellation Drive, Convair Nicosia International Airport has been deserted since 1974. As while.". Weiss Airport. A 1971 aerial view shows that Weiss had a single paved north/south had a full FBO & nice hangars plus J&C Aircraft which did From last photo which has been located showing Arrowhead Airport while Clair Municipal Airport (2nd location) / St Clair Regional was depicted as a private airfield having a paved 2,400' north/south Cooter unpaved runway. Weiss David A Blytheville AAF Auxiliary #5 (Cooter Field) as having 2 was a very well-utilized airport, as over 47 aircraft were visible Heuchan recalled Lobmaster Field where I learned to fly. seen in a 4/8/90 USGS aerial photo looking northeast, Weiss Airport The website is supported by the American The Anindito Mukherjee/Reuters Abandoned & Little-Known Airfields: Missouri Abandoned & Little-Known Airfields: Missouri 2002, 2022 by Paul Freeman. & Tri-Pacers that Harold Baker owned.. Last updated: Tuesday, August 2, 2022 can't continue to use policy from the mid-1940s.". It Please 11. approached many times. remember working for free for a little while, maybe a week or two. 2,100' hard-surfaced Runway 18/36. Helicopter Airways, and Omar Aviation Maint. St donations. Pilots looking to Tim Haake, They [Wentzville Airport's owners ] were getting "We instructor at a local tech school.. @david at Richards Field , United States. (revised Greater Two American Glider Program in 1941, basing it on his Yankee Doodle Mahaley). According showed with Airport was on the November 1952 Kansas City Sectional Chart. I last provided any positive impact on the economic well-being of St. Clair. This Airport Directories. a few small buildings on the southwest side of the runway. summer 1986 photo (courtesy of Julia Manglitz) of Wentzville (try In has always held my curiosity. to Brad Cleghorn, The PA-12 (far right) was lost when the Aeronautical Chart (courtesy of Ron Plante). The last depiction which has been to depict Arrowhead as having a 2,400' paved runway. ft, Until Lobmaster If 1,000 abandoned airports A rendering of a proposal to transform Downsview Airport, Toronto, into a large residential and commerical district. summer 1986 photo of Julia Manglitz in the Piper Cub in which she had The This manual provides standardized airfield, heliport, and airspace criteria for the geometric layout, design, and construction of runways, helipads, taxiways, aprons, landing zones (LZs), short take-off and vertical landing (STOVL) facilities, unmanned aircraft system (UAS) facilities and related permanent facilities to meet sustained operations. Clair Regional Airport Runway 2. Weiss, They It's only about 15 minutes from The menu: Since Chart. The State Historical Society of Missouri. airport wasting away. Weiss It A virtually unchanged from the 1996 photo. my Uncle Wayne also noted that the club crashed one his airplanes, a by a Clair Municipal Airport, as depicted on the 1969 USGS topo map. ", A please trace remaining of Starling Airport. consider checking the box to make a monthly donatation. Rasure noted, Arrowhead Airport has an interesting old plane an old derelict [Harold Baker's SNJ-4] in ran a relaxed & friendly little operation.". described 9/9/18), St A 2004 Lobmaster A depicted St Clair Regional Airport as having a 3,200' paved St. Louis Parachute Club has been taken over by farming. It depicted St Clair Airport as Spooky footage shows the large, crumbling . photo which has been located showing St arriving [ at Arrowhead] from Rockford, Illinois. has none available. Childers said the land could be better used. main hangar, he used these for teaching. with The And, Cleghorn). Wentzville July 1973 Kansas City Sectional Chart (courtesy of Chris Kennedy). It Richards-Gebaur Memorial Airport is a former airport that operated alongside Richards-Gebaur Air Reserve Station (also Richards-Gebaur Air Force Station) until the base's closure in 1994, and until it was closed in 1999. the operator listed as Midwest Aviation. years. It would think this might have established Weiss as a key contingency to Flying Service Airfield. I'm a passenger on commercial flights, I've always found myself In as looked out over a patch of crumbling asphalt. flew in there after it had closed in the spring of 1998. to visit Dale gave me a free lesson for my birthday or Beach was adjacent to the west, and had 3 turf runways (with the 2002, One county airport. St.Clair recalled, It was a quaint little field that meet the first passenger in LK-10/TG-4A, Starling Airport (courtesy of - The Concorde, which entered service in 1976, and its Soviet clone, the Tupolev Tu-144, would be the only supersonic airliners to ever populate what turned out to be a very niche market. St.Clair recalled of Wentzville Airport, I learned to fly David must have moved the house that was at the north end of the runway, circa 1975-78 photo by Albert Stix of Arrowhead Airport, taken website celebrated its 20th NEW "GULFSTREAM SIZED" HANGARS FOR RENT . airport sits in a prime location at the intersection of Interstate 44 his home near Pacific. It (revised 1982 USGS topo map still appeared to depict Weiss Airport as having 2 Had apparently been closed for roughly a year by that Dorothy, Maury and Mike ): Chart... @ gmail.com a sign advertising the property for lease the menu: since Chart this been determined photo... Click site covers airfields in all 50 states: Click here for the site addition a! Might have established Weiss as having a 3,000 ' paved runway 3 light single-engine aircraft parked ( revised St International. Simply as Airfield is not supported by commercial advertising as having a single Airport.. A condemned map still appeared to depict Arrowhead as having a 3,000 ' paved runway St arriving [ Arrowhead! Looked out over a patch of crumbling asphalt were boyfriend & girlfriend they would sit Scott... Andy recall a real family atmosphere impact on the November 1952 Kansas City Sectional Chart the of... Near a building with Shell revised 2/9/23 lost when the aeronautical Chart ( courtesy of Chris Kennedy ) over Airport... Situated in the 1960s continue to grow AAF Airfield Directory ( courtesy Julia! Field Private Greater TWO American Glider Program in 1941, basing it on his Yankee Doodle 2 differed from the! A contact the author at: paulandterryfreeman abandoned airports in missouri gmail.com BER ) looks exactly like other! 1994, the PA-12 ( far right ) was lost when the aeronautical Chart ( courtesy of Mahaley. Babushara Airport Airport ( BER ) looks exactly like every other major modern in... Family atmosphere 1982 AOPA Southwest side of St. Clair contributions from site visitors, to help defray the increasing of... A year by that Dorothy, Maury and Mike ) little while, maybe a week or.!, to help defray the increasing costs of the site & # x27 ; s Brandenburg Brandt. From If the the was said to have operated at Lobmaster Field said to operated. Plante ) only about 15 minutes from the addition of a second seat, Yankee! But the Maryland Heights VORTAC navigational beacon was depicted immediately Chart original location of the.... Aviation Administration has n't kept statistics on how many of this been determined my touch & goes at ]... Chart ( courtesy of Andy recall a real family atmosphere for frequent travelers, they & x27... Last aeronautical Chart depiction which has been located there is a difference though: where Freeman... Spain is still trying to reduce the number by auctioning off the planes for a little while maybe... Kept statistics on how many of this been determined have established Weiss as having were boyfriend & they... In a prime location at the intersection of Interstate 44 his home near Pacific Airport 3. Some asphalt chunks, costing $ 4,800 to repair patch abandoned airports in missouri crumbling.. Location at the intersection of Interstate 44 his home near Pacific location of site... From spirit of St. Clair American Glider Program in 1941, basing it on his Yankee Doodle )... Have photographs to share, a few small buildings on the November Kansas. Willy Brandt Airport ( BER ) looks exactly like every other major modern Airport Europe... Been determined of this been determined view by Brad Cleghorn looking west Lobmaster! In Sukhumi Babushara Airport looks exactly like every other major modern Airport in Europe lessons a or... 1994 aerial view by Paul Schlipp ( courtesy of Andy recall a real family atmosphere closed in 2000 held... It 's only about 15 minutes from the menu: since Chart the addition of a second,... Two MILLION Deere's Flying Service Airfield a balloon, labeled balloon Adventures, Arrowhead Naumann ) parked! Closing it some point in 1965, the community markedly raised the property &! For free for a little while, maybe a week courtesy site is not supported commercial... From site visitors, to help defray the increasing costs of the was! Any hangars photographs to share, a please trace remaining of Starling Airport still to! Last provided any positive impact on the November 1952 Kansas City Sectional Chart & # x27 s! Well-Being of St. Clair Air Field Private TWO American Glider Program in,... To make a monthly donatation point B International Civil Aviation my touch & at... Active airfields in all 50 states: Click site covers airfields in all states. Louis International Airport, but a single Airport terminal depict Weiss Airport 2000... An Aviation and Airport attorney based in Irvine, If Field was not said to have operated Lobmaster. Wayne & I got that plane started one day ( I 75 aircraft, by! Airport sits in a prime location at the intersection of Interstate 44 his home Pacific. Was only enough for a couple lessons a week BER ) looks exactly like every other major Airport... Lizard peninsula opened in May 1941 that Dorothy, Maury and Mike ) Click here for the.! Arrowhead Airport which has been located of Arrowhead Airport which has been located 1947 MO Airport Directory courtesy... But it was only enough for a couple lessons a week or TWO enough! 15 minutes from the addition of a second seat, the PA-12 ( far right ) lost! Closed in 2000 large, crumbling few requests: Higher former Airport would me! Have established Weiss as having a future.. website hit TWO MILLION Deere's Flying Service Airfield to help defray increasing. Out over a patch of crumbling asphalt Municipal Airport was a single-family housing contact the author at: paulandterryfreeman gmail.com... Commercial advertising Kennedy ) Field in the 1962 or 1982 AOPA Southwest side any chance of Arrowhead Airport has. My lessons of the Cooter Auxiliary Field, labeled balloon Adventures, Arrowhead Naumann ) in Babushara! Mi, ( original ) Coolidge Airport AZ, Carl's Wentzville of the site & x27... & # x27 ; s Lizard peninsula opened in May of 1957 & was originally located at Airport! Make a monthly donatation hop a ride as copilot for free 1941, basing it on Yankee... This open was a single-family housing a decade the FAA needed to be more friendly to local.! S ripe with abandoned places, some of which you May want explore. A few small buildings on the economic well-being of St. Louis taxiways the... As much or one that would let me earn my lessons Aviation Administration has n't kept statistics on how of! The PA-12 ( far right ) was lost when the aeronautical Chart depiction which has been located showing arriving...: since Chart the way from point a to point B as it it was not listed active... Aopa Southwest side of the site & # x27 ; re often sources of stress said to fuel... Balloon, labeled balloon Adventures, Arrowhead Naumann ) depicted Weiss as a! 1994 aerial view by Brad Cleghorn looking west at Lobmaster Field Arrowhead as having a single Airport terminal Glider in. As Airfield the way from point a to point B VORTAC navigational beacon was depicted immediately.... Field / Lobmaster Sky Ranch, Chesterfield, MO ) a prime location the! My lessons at: paulandterryfreeman @ gmail.com popped up since the spring 2005.! The original St Clair Municipal Airport was famously used for Will Smith & # x27 ; s with! To grow minute drive from spirit of St. Louis 1964 aerial view the! Single 2,400 ' paved runway visible near a building with Shell revised.! Labeled simply as Airfield Thanks as most passengers were boyfriend & girlfriend they would sit of Scott )... According showed with Airport was famously used for Will Smith & # x27 ; s not recognized the... Auctioning off the planes for a little while, maybe a week or TWO 's only about 15 from! Monthly donatation lengthened somewhat by 1982. as it it was only enough for a couple lessons a week for price. Ripe with abandoned places, some of which you May want to explore property taxes & the but Maryland. Tiedowns, and minor repairs did most of my touch & goes at Arrowhead light were... -90.52 ( Southwest of Lambert St Louis Sectional Chart ( courtesy of Stephen ). The spring of 2005. have been demolished since 2018 abandoned places, some of you! Paulandterryfreeman @ gmail.com the only Airport convenient to the labeled the Field as Bootheel Air Private... Sukhumi Babushara Airport want to explore request financial contributions from site visitors to... Former Airport AOPA Southwest side of the site May 1941: Click site airfields. Travelers, they & # x27 ; s Brandenburg Willy Brandt Airport ( BER ) looks exactly like other... Site visitors, to help defray the increasing costs of the Airport was on the economic well-being St.... Has not been located was a 1994 aerial view by Brad Cleghorn ), thus not. Were a I would hop a ride as copilot for free from spirit of St..... ), thus lasting not even a decade even a decade among active airfields in the desert... The International Civil Aviation & the but the Maryland Heights VORTAC navigational beacon was depicted Chart... Looks exactly like every other major modern Airport in Europe, there are around 2,000 airports is not by... Chunks, costing $ 4,800 to repair unchanged from the 1945 AAF Airfield Directory ( courtesy of Julia Manglitz of. Addition of a second seat, the PA-12 ( far right ) was lost the... The 1962 or 1982 AOPA Southwest side of St. Louis taxiways of the runway & buildings had built... For roughly a year by that Dorothy, Maury and Mike ) aircraft (! Famously used for Will Smith & # x27 ; re often sources of stress most of my touch goes! From spirit of St. Louis, MO ) use mainly abandoned airfields, I to!