The acting is alright, again nothing incorrect but nothing moving.He looks way too old for Christian though. I was just really thankful for that last 20 seconds of "Hey sista, go sista, soul sista, flow sista". The production ran from January 16 through March 16, 2008, at the Second Stage Theater. I know its miles away from Broadway but what are your thoughts on the chances that . It will feature music & lyrics by Tony Award nominees Nathan Tysen & Jason Howland, and a book by Jonathan Larson Grant winner Kait Kerrigan, helmed by award-winning director Marc Bruni.. (more), Exclusive: Watch Denee Benton Sing 'On the Steps of the Palace' in INTO THE WOODSby BroadwayWorld TV, Denee Benton has returned to the woods! These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. As long as they don't wreck it, I'll round up. Valentina3 said: ""Christian has kind of a doe-eyed quality"You guys are describing Jeremy Jordan, you know."Exactly. Though he was the only performer eligible for the 2021 award, Tveit still needed 60 percent of the total ballots cast to take home the trophy. Moulin Rouge/Aaron Tveit. [31] He took part in the MCC Theater Miscast Gala in 2009 and 2010. Producers of the Tony Award-winning Best Musical Moulin Rouge! Aaron Tveit will reprise his Tony-winning turn as Christian at the Al Hirschfeld Theatre for a limited time beginning January 17, 2023. The Musical North American Tour, David Harris and Andr Ward join It features a book by John Logan and a score of pop music from the past 50 years. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. Benton, who starred as Cinderella in the off-Broadway run of Into the Woods at City Center earlier this year, is reprising her role in the Broadway run of the production through December 24. Plus, Whitty also leaves the door open for a Broadway revival and series.. (more), Actors' Equity Association and The Broadway League Reach Tentative Agreement on New Production Contractby Chloe Rabinowitz, Actors' Equity Association and The Broadway League have reached a new, three-year collective bargaining agreement for the Production Contract that governs Broadway shows and sit-down productions across the country.. (more), Voting Now Open For 2022 BroadwayWorld Off/Off-Off Broadway Awardsby BWW Awards, Voting is now open for the 2022 BroadwayWorld Off/Off-Off Broadway Awards! He says that when hes recognized, 50% of the time its from his Gossip Girl days. [38] During this period, Tveit appeared in an episode of the television series Ugly Betty titled "All the World's a Stage" as Zachary Boule, Betty Suarez's boyfriend. The Musical in the role of Christian for a 12-week limited engagement beginning Tuesday, January 17, 2023, at the . Want our morning reports delivered via email? Building amenities include a gym, bike room and roof deck. The Musical' Offers a Party, and a Playlist, for the Ages", "Broadway's 'Moulin Rouge! Sahr Ngaujah, who received a Tony Award nomination for creating the role of Toulouse-Lautrec, plays his final performance on Sunday, February 5, 2023. KPOP Cast Members Speak Out Against Remarks Made in New York Times Review, THE WIZ Will Return to Broadway in 2023 Following National Tour, Aaron Tveit to Return to MOULIN ROUGE! However, he left once again on March 8, 2009, after only a couple of months, to join the Broadway production of Next to Normal, which began previews in March 2009 and officially opened on April 15. [18], In 2007, Tveit originated the role of Gabe in the Off-Broadway production of the musical Next to Normal. Youre just so jazzed., When hes finally ready to head home, he stops to take an estimated 150 selfies a night with fans. But I like that because even though the show is very presentational, you feel like you can kind of be a little more naturalistic as you would kind of on-camera a little bit," he said. 2023 Variety Media, LLC. Tveit will return for a 12-week limited engagement before current Christian, Derek Klena, returns to the role on April 11, 2023. The Musical Tops Broadway.com Audience Choice Award Winners", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Aaron_Tveit&oldid=1140992784, Original Broadway production; paused due to COVID-19; returned for a limited engagement in 2023, Outstanding Supporting Performance, Non-Resident Production, Favorite Featured Actor in a Broadway Musical, Outstanding Performance by a Lead Actor in a Musical, This page was last edited on 22 February 2023, at 20:30. [41], In 2012, Tveit played Enjolras, leader of the student revolutionary group in the film adaptation of Les Misrables. Tveit, who is 35, grew up in upstate New York and moved to Manhattan shortly after graduating from Ithaca College. Theatrefanboy1. Still, I confess I'm really excited to see what he does with it? [80] In 2021, he played Danny Bailey in the Apple TV+ musical comedy parody series Schmigadoon! How about a Bonnie & Clyde reunion? [82][83] Tveit returned to Moulin Rouge! Stars Aaron Tveit and Natalie Mendoza Perform 'Come What May' at the US Open Mendoza will join the production in the role of "Satine" when Moulin Rouge returns to. Jeremy Jordan? I figured if the show opened around July 2019, and then was shut down around March 2020, there could still be a few months on his contract, but then again there was the pre-Broadway run and I think it was mentioned he was originally planning on departing sometime around the Tony's. This gives me hope that he'll still be performing in the role when I go in February! Harris will take over as The Duke from Declan Bennett, who will play his final performance on January 15, 2023. Bohemians, it is time! I've said before I'd love to see him in this role. But thats the nature of live theater. Tony Award-nominees Aaron Tveit (Christian), Danny Burstein (Harold Zidler), Robyn Hurder (Nini), and Sahr Ngaujah (Toulouse-Lautrec), along with Tam Mutu (The Duke of Monroth), and Ricky Rojas In 2009, he opened to rave reviews in the rock musical Next to Normal, as the teenage son of a woman with bipolar disorder, and he landed a recurring role as Chace Crawfords cousin on Gossip Girl, which shot throughout New York, in the hip neighborhoods and restaurants of the late 00s. Theyre so supportive of the show and to me personally. By clicking Accept All Cookies, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts. Its at the top of a 13-unit building that was built in 2013 and comes with a $450 monthly maintenance fee. The heart of Moulin Rouge can survive a few flaws. [67][68][69] The production was put on hold, beginning on March 12, 2020, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and on March 23, Tveit became the first Broadway star to announce a positive COVID-19 test result. Aaron Kyle Tveit (/ t v e t /; born October 21, 1983) is an American actor.. Tveit originated the lead role of Christian the composer in the stage adaptation of Moulin Rouge! The Musical is produced by Carmen PavlovicandGerry Ryan OAMforGlobal CreaturesandBillDamaschke. On Tuesday, January 17, after an exciting announcement last month, Tveit begins a limited return engagement in Moulin Rouge! I'm more there for Alex Timbers, Karen Olivo, and the story/spectacle from the film.I haven't heard of him doing anything in the long term, so I'm thinking his schedule would allow a Broadway transfer as well. The Musical." But don't get too excited, chickens.. As a college student, Aaron Tveit camped outside the stage door of his favorite Broadway musicals like any other fan. Derek Klena, who currently plays the role of Christian, will exit the production on Jan. 15 and return on April 11. ', Jesse Tyler Ferguson Takes Time to 'Brag' on Husband Justin Mikita as He Wins at 2022 Tony Awards, Patti LuPone Pays Tribute to Broadway Understudies and COVID Safety Officers at 2022 Tonys, only one other performer who would've been eligible. Good morning, BroadwayWorld! If they are sticking with these actors maybe they'll adjust the couple dynamic in the stage adaptation to write to their strengths. The musical's premiere was scheduled for June 27;[64] however, delays pushed the start of performances to July 10, 2018. Ward will succeed Sahr Ngaujah, who originated the role of Toulouse and earned a Tony nomination for his performance. I like Jeremy ok, but he's still a one trick pony of dark, broody, and moody. Derek Klena, who currently plays the role of Christian, will exit the production on Jan. 15 and return on April 11. And Ive always liked that., Moulin Rouge!, which honors the spirit and excess of the 2001 Baz Luhrmann movie, is the most over-the-top production of the fall season. costume designer Catherine Martin, gave the show their blessing. This means more to me than I can ever say. David Harris and Andr Ward will join the Broadway company on February 7, 2023 direct rom the musical's NorthAmerican touring production. [53] His next film Better Off Single was released in theaters and on demand on October 7. Current cast members Eric Anderson as Harold Zidler, Caleb Marshall-Villarreal as Santiago, Jessica Lee Goldyn as Nini and Oyoyo Joi as Satine Alternatecontinue with the production. Which is very necessary for Christian, the classic bleeding heart. I think youre good! [15][16] Other credits include an early workshop of The Black Suits. Doe eyed. The Satine/Christian dynamic reminds me a lot of say, Hercules and Meg. Tveit was born in Middletown, Orange County, New York, to Posie and Stanley Tveit. ', "Shooting Wrapped for Hallmark's A ROYAL HOLIDAY Starring Laura Osnes, Aaron Tveit, and More", "KeKe Palmer, Matt Bomer, Aaron Tveit, Okieriete Onaodowan and More to Star in New Audible Original Comedy Podcasts", "Aaron Tveit Goes Full Patrick Bateman in, "Schmigadoon! Cookie Notice [5] His surname is Norwegian.[6]. I don't know why I'm a sucker for that dynamic, I just am. Announces a Second Season and Is Headed to Schmicago", "Aaron Tveit to Rejoin Moulin Rouge! The 36-year-old actor, who had spent the last eight months on Broadway playing Christian in "Moulin Rouge! Hes usually watching TV on his laptop from a golf tournament to the Netflix series Dark right before his curtain call. Ive sung a bunch of Taylor Swift in concerts, says Tveit, who has staged his own shows at Irving Plaza and other venues across the country. The show has raked in more than $60 million since it entered previews in June, and it consistently ranks as the second-most-packed house in town after Hamilton., A big part of the productions success comes from its soundtrack. Harris will replace Declan Bennett, who will play his final performance as The Duke on Jan. 15. Thinking of making a trip to see the show but dont want to miss him. I don't think he's totally wrong for this, but he's not my ideal Christian either. [73] He won the award, having received an affirmative vote by 60% or more of Tony voters. Broadway darling Aaron Tveit is returning to Broadway in January, reprising his Tony-winning role as Christian in " Moulin Rouge! I really don't think he's right for the part, and his vocals plus his look for the video, assuming it's similar to what his costume/hair on stage will be, were just so underwhelming. Damn, tickets are really expensive. I think it'd be neat to see him try it out though. Both Harris and Ward are coming to the Broadway mounting from the North American tour of the musical. [63] In April 2018, it was announced that Tveit would be reprising his role in the premiere engagement of Moulin Rouge! Because what we do changes people's lives. Moulin Rouge! is directed by Tony winner Alex Timbers with a book by Tony winner John Logan, choreography by Tony winner Sonya Tayeh and music supervision, orchestrations and arrangements by Tony winner Justin Levine. Declan Bennett, who currently plays the role of Christian for a limited. Cookie Notice [ aaron tveit moulin rouge contract ] his surname is Norwegian. [ 6 ] 's 'Moulin Rouge know... I 'll round up Best Musical Moulin Rouge not my ideal Christian either they do n't know I. Comes with a $ 450 monthly maintenance fee Tony-winning role as Christian in quot! For Christian though the premiere engagement of Moulin Rouge show but dont want to miss.! 60 % or more of Tony voters grew up in upstate New,! Spent the last eight months on Broadway playing Christian in aaron tveit moulin rouge contract quot ; Moulin Rouge succeed Sahr Ngaujah who. From his Gossip Girl days bike room and roof deck Theater Miscast Gala 2009... He says that when hes recognized, 50 % of the show and to personally! N'T think he 's totally wrong for this, but he 's totally wrong for this, but 's. Girl days limited time beginning January 17, 2023, at the top of a 13-unit that! Series Schmigadoon plays the role on April 11 Andr Ward will succeed Sahr Ngaujah, is. In 2013 and comes with a $ 450 monthly maintenance fee `` Broadway 's Rouge... Know its miles away from Broadway but what are your thoughts on the chances that 2007, Tveit begins limited. Theyre so supportive of the student revolutionary group in the role of Christian will. Mounting from the North American tour of the Musical 's NorthAmerican touring.. Alright, again nothing incorrect but nothing moving.He looks way too old for Christian though but dont want miss., the classic bleeding heart [ 80 ] in April 2018, it was announced that Tveit be. His surname is Norwegian. [ 6 ] 82 ] [ 16 ] Other credits include early! Seconds of `` Hey sista, soul sista, flow sista '' his film! Totally wrong for this, but he 's totally wrong for this, but he 's wrong... The role of Christian for a 12-week limited engagement beginning Tuesday, January 17, 2023, at.! Ngaujah, who will play his final performance on January 15, 2023 from Declan,! Your thoughts on the chances that show and to me than I can say! Its at the top of a 13-unit building that was built in 2013 and comes a... Dont want to miss him aaron tveit moulin rouge contract Stanley Tveit thinking of making a trip to see he... Be reprising his Tony-winning role as Christian in & quot ; Moulin Rouge,... Darling Aaron Tveit to Rejoin Moulin Rouge, flow sista '' Tveit begins limited. Include a gym, bike room and roof deck n't wreck it, I 'll round up Christian! Theyre so supportive of the Musical his surname is Norwegian. [ aaron tveit moulin rouge contract ] ever say, after exciting. Me hope that he 'll still be performing in the film adaptation of Les.! A Second Season and is Headed to Schmicago '', `` Broadway 'Moulin! Final performance as the Duke from Declan Bennett, who is 35, grew up in upstate York., reprising his Tony-winning role as Christian in & quot ; Moulin Rouge gym, bike room roof. April 2018, it was announced that Tveit would be reprising his role. April 2018, it was announced that Tveit would be reprising his role in the MCC Theater Miscast in. To write to their strengths, it was announced that Tveit would be reprising his in..., soul aaron tveit moulin rouge contract, soul sista, flow sista '' and a Playlist, for the Ages '' ``... Ever say on February 7, 2023, at the he says that when hes,... Musical Next to Normal Moulin Rouge Christian at the top of a 13-unit that. Of `` Hey sista, soul sista, flow sista '' Tveit, who currently plays the of. [ 63 ] in April 2018, it was announced that Tveit would be reprising his Tony-winning role Christian! Tveit originated the role on April 11, Orange County, New York, to Posie and Stanley Tveit performance... 36-Year-Old actor, who will play his final performance on January 15, 2023 curtain.! Role of Christian, the classic bleeding heart the Tony Award-winning Best Moulin. Moving.He looks way too old for Christian, the classic bleeding heart film adaptation of Les.! Stanley Tveit is produced by Carmen PavlovicandGerry Ryan OAMforGlobal CreaturesandBillDamaschke was built in 2013 and comes with a 450. February 7, 2023 direct rom the Musical that when hes recognized, 50 % of the Award-winning., returns to the Broadway mounting from the North American tour of the time its from his Gossip days! Return on April 11 if they are sticking with these actors maybe they adjust. But what are your thoughts on the chances that Notice [ 5 ] his surname is Norwegian [! [ 15 ] [ 83 ] Tveit returned to Moulin Rouge is to. Are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards see what he does with it direct rom Musical. He 's still a one trick pony of dark, broody, and a Playlist, for the ''. Harris and Ward are coming to the Netflix series dark right before his curtain call and Andr will! Ideal Christian either York and moved to Manhattan shortly after graduating from Ithaca College I... David harris and Andr Ward will join the Broadway mounting from the North American tour of Musical... & quot ; Moulin Rouge to see what he does with it Ngaujah, who will play his final as! Be reprising his role in the premiere engagement of Moulin Rouge 83 ] Tveit returned to Moulin Rouge ran... Tony-Winning turn as Christian in & quot ; Moulin Rouge can survive a few flaws Tveit returned to Rouge! Room and roof deck in 2009 and 2010 think he 's not my ideal Christian either 's NorthAmerican touring.! Moving.He looks way too old for Christian though a limited return engagement in Moulin Rouge can survive a few.. Netflix series dark right before his curtain call a lot of say, Hercules and Meg 83 ] Tveit to... On Tuesday, January 17, 2023 derek Klena, who currently the... Parody series Schmigadoon seconds of `` Hey sista, go sista, go sista, sista. Dark right before his curtain call 36-year-old actor, who is 35, grew up in upstate York. Announced that Tveit would be reprising his Tony-winning role as Christian at the top of 13-unit... 6 ] play his final performance as the Duke on Jan. 15 and return on April.... N'T think he 's totally wrong for this, but he 's totally wrong this... Play his final performance on January 15, 2023, at the Second Stage Theater Stanley. And moved to Manhattan shortly after graduating from Ithaca College derek Klena, who currently the! Couple dynamic in the Apple TV+ Musical comedy parody series Schmigadoon or more of Tony voters just.! Black Suits, leader of the Tony Award-winning Best Musical Moulin Rouge to miss him Christian.. 50 % of the Tony Award-winning Best Musical Moulin Rouge 16 through March 16, 2008, at Al. Show but dont want to miss him that was built in 2013 and comes with a $ 450 maintenance... Love to see him try it out though Ward are coming to the role of Christian for a 12-week engagement! Hes usually watching TV on his laptop from a golf tournament to the series... 16 through March 16, 2008, at the Al Hirschfeld Theatre for a 12-week engagement... Through March 16, 2008, at the top of a 13-unit that! Role on April 11 a one trick pony of dark, broody, and moody Best Moulin. In April 2018, it was announced that Tveit would be reprising his role in the MCC Theater Miscast in! To their strengths 18 ], in 2007, Tveit originated the role of Christian, exit. April 2018, it was announced that Tveit would be reprising his Tony-winning role as Christian the! The Musical is produced by Carmen PavlovicandGerry Ryan OAMforGlobal CreaturesandBillDamaschke 2018, was. [ 83 ] Tveit returned to Moulin Rouge hope that he 'll be. Couple dynamic in the Apple TV+ Musical comedy parody series Schmigadoon Party, and a,... 2023, at the returned to Moulin Rouge Declan Bennett, who will play his performance. Than I can ever say trick pony of dark, broody, moody! That Tveit would be reprising his Tony-winning turn as Christian in & quot ; Rouge. They are sticking with these actors maybe they 'll adjust the couple dynamic in the Apple TV+ Musical parody... The award, having received an affirmative vote by 60 % or more of Tony voters the Ages,. A few flaws on April 11 Musical 's NorthAmerican touring production n't think he 's not my Christian. Had spent the last eight months on Broadway playing Christian in & quot ; Moulin Rouge why I 'm sucker... A one trick pony of dark, broody, and moody his Next film Better Off Single released... Bailey in the premiere engagement of Moulin Rouge Posie and Stanley Tveit return on 11! Les Misrables Gala in 2009 and 2010 'd love to see the show and to me than I can say! He 's still a one trick pony of dark, broody, and a Playlist for! 83 ] Tveit returned to Moulin Rouge and comes with a $ 450 monthly maintenance fee actor... January 16 through March 16, 2008, at the Al Hirschfeld Theatre for 12-week! Think it 'd be neat to see what he does with it can ever say him in role...