for reliability. last week oil pressure light flashed on/off 1 time. Jerry automatically shops for your insurance before every renewal. The intense heat can cause your coolant to boil if its too much for your system to handle. Which Hyundai Sonata Years to Avoid and Why? The Hyundai Accent may be one of the most reliable vehicles in its class, but it's far from perfect. . When making the decision between buying a new or used Hyundai Accent, RepairPal awards the Hyundai brand, (with the exception of 2020). The dealers warranty covers some problems. Every used car for sale comes with a free CARFAX Report. Due to probable variables like as greater repair costs or more problems at lesser mileage, the 2004 model year Hyundai Accent is rated as the worst. The number one most common problem is related to the vehicle's engine and engine cooling Therefore it is necessary to investigate the issue thoroughly before you consider replacing the very expensive catalytic converter in your Accent. The reasons for an AC system not cooling can be major or minor. Fortunately, the part isnt expensive, and the manufacturer will likely cover it under the warranty if youve recently purchased the vehicle. Replacement hoses are inexpensive and typically connect and disconnect with clamps. Copyright 2022 CarParts.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Driving your car for shorter periods can solve the problem, as can changing the type of coolant in your vehicle. That might solve your bouncing back issue. If the rust is really bad, you will need to cut out the bad patch, weld a new . Which Hyundai Tucson Years You Should Avoid and Why? Started after 15-20 min. computer system failure, battery drainage, and coolant leaks have all been reported. However, if you plan on buying a used Hyundai Accent, you should ask the seller for the vehicles issues and repair history to help you make an informed decision. Most electrical wiring used in home appliances, gadgets, and vehicles is insulated with petroleum-based plastics. Theres an issue with the engine on my Toyota 4Runner, but for the life of me I cant find the OBD port to scan for trouble codes! Some common issues that came up in the complaints were as follows: These are some common reasons for the above window issues: Sometimes, window contraptions get stuck because theyre dry. It stops whenever and wherever without warning. ), If you are looking for an affordable, reliable SUV, the 2018, may be a good bet. Another way to measure the reliability across the model years of the Hyundai Accent Following are all the error codes that indicate a problem with a catalytic converter. Cracked cylinders and blown head gaskets happen when vehicle owners dont tend to minor issues right away. a repair over $237 would be considered "major". The following chart shows the 28 most common problems for Hyundai Accent cars. I called to the company where I bought the car. However, there are other issues that can cause this as well. We noticed a common pattern with the Hyundai Accents transmission problems. A Hyundai Accent 2014 was the subject of another users complaint, this time on behalf of a person whose contact had been seriously injured when the airbags failed in the vehicle. Those who complained had to replace their transmission more than once. Exercise caution and common sense before do any financial transactions. 2nd time it stopped while driving. Even while turning onto a two- lane side- street, in high traffic! I got it when it was 2 yrs old. . Hyundai Accent - (Renovacio / Shutterstock) Symptoms. The most obvious sign of clogged catalytic converter in Hyundai Accent is slow acceleration or degraded engine performance. Sep 2011. 2009 Hyundai Accent 4dr Sedan. There are problems with the engine in 2010. My car has been in this situation since March of 2022. What Causes Slipping Gears on a Hyundai Accent? The following list is for the best Hyundai Accent you can choose from-. this is my first time buying a car. City streets, highways. (Explained)Continue, Which Audi A4 Years To Avoid and Why? This special refrigerant typically needs to be replenished after about a year, though some models hold onto it longer than others. I contacted Hyundai and told them about it and they said there is nothing that they can do and that I would just have to go through the process of buying another transmission from them and they would charge me over $3000 to get my transmission work done which was too much.. 1. These are the issues listed under the engine category on carcomplaints.com. 2014 Hyundai Accent Overview, Reviews, Ratings & Specs . Took it to mechanic, found nothing wrong. The following chart shows the 16 most common problems for 2014 Hyundai Accent. Editorial Note: The content of this article is based on the authors opinions and recommendations alone. You can save a significant amount of money by addressing those small issues as soon as you see them. If you see any fault code from P0420 to P0424 or from P0430 to P0434 in the OBD2 scanner, it indicates a problem with the catalytic converter. way since the 1980s, when their Excel and early, models were known for being affordable but cheaply made. There has been a recall for this issue however, it seems this recall only affects certain model year 2015 Accents. For this test, all you need is a pressure gauge with its hose fitting. Next, stick it back into the fluid and pull it out immediately to get an accurate reading. Engine, structure, and electrical system issues among the top complaints received by the NHTSA from vehicle owners. Number of Problems. Oftentimes, this code is thought to be a faulty O2 sensor or A/F Sensor. "I cant do nothing, no symptoms." This destroys the inner lining of the converter and inevitably leads to a total failure. There are a number of possible causes for a Hyundai Accent to become stuck in neutral. The contact owns a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe. The process of changing gears should be seamless. The check engine light is now on. Most of the time, when your Accent's air isn't blowing cold enough, it is going to be a lack of refrigerant causing the problem. But it started again before the mechanic got there so he couldn't use the gage. Paint job horrible. The 2012 Hyundai Accent cars have the most problems reported (163 problems). Table 2. (Explained), 6.0 Powerstroke Towing Capacity | Everything You Should Know, 7 Easy Solutions For Hydra Tuner Problems On 7.3 Powerstroke, 6.0L Powerstroke Injection Control Pressure Problems Troubleshooting. What Do the Reviews Say About the Hyundai Accent? For context, transmission replacements range from $1,800 to $3,400. Anda mencari Kia Kia Rio (2012) 2017 bekas murah? While the award is impressive, this does not mean that specific model years are without problems. The mentioned issues include random stopping and starting, poor performance, shifting gears, and idle surging. fwd. Since some OBD codes are manufacturer-specific, the scanner will be able to give you more accurate information if you enter more details about your Accent. when too much fuel is injected into the combustion chambers and there isnt enough air, can damage the catalytic converter in Hyundai Accent. and Reviews. A lack of pressure from the clutch pressure plate can cause this, causing the clutch to slip or not transmit power to the gearbox, which can result in a loss of traction. The accuracy and timeliness of the information may change from the time of publication. According to Car Edge, a Hyundai Accent will depreciate 23% after 5 years and have a 5 year resale value of $17,416. (384 problems). There are few time periods affected by these issues: 2004 and 2020. Lets begin with the top three faults that are reported on carcomplaints, which are transmission problems, engine stalling, and clutch failure respectively. I have a 2013 Hyundai Accent which I purchased in 2016. There have been recalls for this issue so its always a good idea to run a VIN check to see if you have been affected. The company.. Another airbag-related issue commonly associated with the Accent is that the airbag warning light comes on. My vehicle has 140,000 miles on it and this is the first time any of the flashing lights on the dashboard have come on. The engine 1st stopped 2 weeks ago at a red light. Sluggish shifting, whistling sounds, or a burning smell from the engine compartment are all possible symptoms of transmission issues with the 2020 Hyundai Accent. 110-horsepower 1.6L I4 5-speed manual FWD. The following chart shows the number of problems reported during each of the service This list should help you in your search for solutions: As a 2002 Accent, the vehicle is riddled with issues such as engine, fuel system, and transmission issues. A failing transmission endangers not only the driver and his passengers but also pedestrians and other motorists. Connect the hose of the gauge to where you removed the oxygen sensor. Ford Escape is a small crossover SUV that, Read More Which Ford Escape Years to Avoid and Why? However, this does not mean all models are equally reliable., If youre in the market for a new or used Hyundai, take a look at this guide, compiled by. The engine has about 127,000 miles on the odometer. It-ll burn about a quart of oil about every 1,500 miles. There are some things You can do while You own to car to make it last longer. Hyundai has recalled a large number of its vehicles from 2011-2016 for engine knocking problems although to the best of our knowledge, the Hyundai Accent was not recalled for this issue. At extremely low temperatures, the occupant detection system (ODS) may be unable to detect the presence of a child restraint seat in the front passenger seat, resulting in front airbag failure. Only selling my car because I want to upgrade to a different Hyundai., I just picked up this car, great for the environment and compact, the way I like it. However, due to high cost of the component, it is recommended to perform multiple diagnostic tests to verify if catalytic converter is actually the cause of the problem. Read reviews about Accent performance, features & problems experienced by Cars owners. Since plastic materials dont easily decompose in landfills, they can be bad for the environment. There are a few . There is no way of telling when or where it will stop. Your car is still in warranty, so you should be talking to your dealer about the problem and what is causing it. Drove just fine. No problems with it, tires still look new and even; so factory . Most common problems: Airbags and electrical system. You might notice less overheating if you swap the antifreeze brand or dilution level. #HyundaiAccent pic.twitter.com/lTTPs0c8zZ. To get a better idea of which Hyundai Accent has the most problems the fairest way is to compare models based on the number of vehicles sold in relation to the number of reported problems. The total sales of the 2014 Hyundai Accent in the United States are 66,241 units [1]. . Another possibility is that the vehicle has a problem with the fuel system, the battery, or the ignition system. In our research we use the PPMY index to compare the reliability of vehicles. For the most hassle-free insurance shopping experience, download the, If you want to save money on car insurance, the Jerry app is a good place to start. A professional mechanic can swiftly diagnose the problem for you. The most common signs of clogged catalytic converter in Hyundai Accent are: limited performance above a certain speed or loss of performance, irregular running of the engine, unusual exhaust gas odor, poor fuel economy, engine check light illuminates, and sometimes rattling noises. Car makers are designingmanyof the newer vehicles that way. If you suspect an issue with your Accents airbag system, dont hesitate to call your trusted mechanic and have him inspect your vehicle. 2022 . Repair Pal ranks the Hyundai accent in 5th position out of 21 subcompact cars with a solid 4.5/5.0. Reading out the fault codes using a diagnostic device is relatively reliable. A broken thermostat canimmediatelythrow the vehicles temperature off, resulting in temperatures that are too hot for adequate engine operation. Obstacles will cause the window to bounce back halfway. Apparently other Hyundais and Kia-s have also experienced early engine failure due to the manufactures poor quality control. I feel this vehicle should be included in this recall. 2013 Accent car The car cannot be stopped from accelerating. Other electrical issues of the car include problems with the headlamps, brake lights that melt, and . Common Problems by Model Year. Honda, Kia, Subaru, and Toyota all faced similar lawsuits when they adopted soy-based insulation. We make it easy to find a service center with the features and amenities that matter to you. Our list of 1 known problems, issues, recalls, and complaints reported by owners can help you fix your 2014 Hyundai Accent. Start the engine of your Hyundai Accent and wait until it is at the right operational temperature level. Not nearly as impressed though in the rare situations when I have to drive my car down a country road. The number one most common problem is related to the vehicle's air bags . Dont be stressed or alarmed if you notice that your vehicle doesnt cool inside the cabin as it should. Accent owners have complained about having problems with their power windows. The seat belt pre-tensioner might be at risk of an explosion at the time of deployment, which can increase the risk of an injury. The reason for this is that there's no . A malfunction with the hydraulic system that actuates the clutch might result in the clutch engaging too quickly. If the oxygen sensor develops a fault, it will send incorrect readings to the control unit resulting in bad air-to-fuel ratio. The contact stated that while driving at highway speeds and when sitting idle the air conditioning warning light would flicker the rpm would drop down or go straight to zero, the speedometer would drop down zero and the vehicle began to have hesitation as if it intends to stall. To begin troubleshooting, you must first connect the diagnostic tool to your Accent. All catalytic converters fail eventually since its a wearing part. The Key of Manchester Hyundai wants me to do another engine swap for $7,000 dollars or to lease a vehicle from them. Sensors, gas, electric. A class-action suit was filed against Hyundai in regards to the wiring issue.. The mentioned issues include random stopping and starting, poor . Pull thedipstickout by the handle and wipe it off so that no liquid shows. A broken fan can cause your car to overheat quickly, but a careful inspection can reveal the problem. Unsubscribe any time. There were no previous issues. All in all, the Hyundai Accent is a . 2. Using the wrong type of fuel, leaded gasoline for example, can also make the catalytic converter go bad quickly. Read 2014 Hyundai Accent Owner Reviews, Prices, Specs and Photos. A top-up and a leak examination can easily resolve the problem, and you may be able to do it yourself. Several 2004 Hyundai Accent owners reported issues with their transmissions. These were most commonly reported on the 2000 2001 and 2004 models. Can You Drive Without a Catalytic Converter? Thus, you should consider it a blessing if you see a dipstick for your transmission fluid and an easy way to refill it. We heard a pop sound and then the fire started.. engine starts n runs fine. The engine failed to restart. Then request an appointment directly, without leaving KBB.com. The vehicle was towed to an authorized dealer for diagnosis however, a trouble code was not detected for the malfunction. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. Of course, prices fluctuate., 2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport towing capacity, Finding just the right Hyundai can be time-consuming, but shopping for affordable car insurance doesnt have to be. Hyundai Accent in Ohio, United States. Guides & features that can help you extend the service life of your car delivered straight to your inbox. The grinding noise of the rear right brake may be heard when the brake is applied at low speeds. The dealership was not able to find out the issue. Start the engine and wait until it gets into operational temperature. Thus, well discuss five common issues with the Hyundai Accent and how you get ahead of those inconveniences and get the most out of this fantastic vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the local dealer who diagnosed that the engine lifters were faulty, and that the engine needed to be replaced. This is a common symptom of a failing throttle position sensor (TPS). It means that you need to step on the brake before starting the car or shifting into Drive. it can go pretty fast for being a sedan. this vehicle has the same issues as reported in said recall. With a noticeable loss of performance, high fuel consumption and more harmful emissions at the tailpipe, a defective catalytic converter should definitely be considered. For example, you might need to repeat the procedurewithoutstarting the engine. This iteration of the Accent scored near the top of our subcompact rankings in both the sedan and hatchback versions. Check Engine Light On, Engine Stalls/ Shuts Down While Driving etc. Check with the manufacturer or an automotive expert for the appropriate type. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and the request for assistance was denied. 3. 5 seats. (Explained)Continue, As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Browse Hyundai Accent vehicles in Grand Prairie, TX for sale on Cars.com, with prices under $19,970. He could use a portable gage while it was in the "stopped" state. Keep in mind that there is a piston in each of the cylinders in your engine. My vehicle is making ticking sounds in the engine. The most common signs of clogged catalytic converter in Hyundai Accent are: limited performance above a certain speed or loss of performance, irregular running of the engine, unusual exhaust gas odor, poor fuel economy, engine check light illuminates, and sometimes rattling noises. The NHTSA is the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. The radio was replaced under the original warranty and owner in 2015 after just 14,000 miles on the c. 2022, CarProblemZoo.com All rights reserved. In order to compare the reliability across Accent model years, we use the PPMY index which is defined as the Low coolant and faulty components can push your vehicle over the safe temperature line and boil your remaining coolant, and you will lose the liquid as it pressurizes and boils over. The 2022 model has, , particularly in the 2016-2018 models. There are a wide variety of high-quality new and secondhand alternatives available. The O2 sensor in Accent monitors the level of oxygen in the exhaust gasses that exit the engine and reports the data to the control unit which continuously adjusts the air-to-fuel ratio in the engine. Since Hyundai Accent is equipped with on-board diagnostics (OBD), a fault diagnosis can provide initial indications of where the malfunction is located. Across all Hyundai vehicles, Even if there are fewer issues to deal with this year, they are nonetheless preventable. The contact stated that they then took the vehicle to a certified mechanic who confirmed the dealer's information. Trade-In Value: $.css-16lw6u4{padding-left:4px;cursor:pointer;}. Where is the OBD port on a 2019 Honda CR-V? Another common symptom of a bad transmission is the inability to shift gears. This commonly happens due to a bad upstream oxygen sensor, but can also happen due to a bad MAF sensor or worn spark plugs. There are a few issues with this sedan that are suitable for families. 2008 Honda Accordpremature brake wear; 2014 and February 10, 2015. Her dream car is Denzel Washington's 1979 Monte Carlo from the film Training Day. In 2022, JD Power cited Hyundai Motor Company for being the top-ranked automotive brand in the US for vehicle dependability. https://aamcoutah.com/reasons-transmission-slipping/, https://www.cars.com/research/hyundai-accent-2021/consumer-reviews/, https://www.motortrend.com/cars/hyundai/accent/, Secrets and tips to get the most from your electric vehicle, We would love to hear your thoughts! Carcomplaints.comusers listed a few complaints about the 2016 Accent losing coolant. 3rd time at a convenience store called the first mechanic he said to call him when it stopped again. from JD Powers. In this video I show A common issue with kia/hyundai rear view cameras.This is common but not the only cause: Please perform a proper diagnostics (yourself) . These factors include the mechanic you choose, if you buy a new, refurbished, or used engine, and if any other parts need to be replaced in conjunction with the engine. With regular maintenance, a Hyundais engine can last for up to, In 2022, JD Power designated Hyundai Motor Group as the top-ranked automotive brand in the US for vehicle dependability. Paint peeling off front end within . In other words, the engine had completely failed and would have to be replaced. The CVT is found in a handful of Hyundai models, including the Accent and Elantra, plus the 2022 Kona and Santa Cruz. . Members save $872/year. Power reliability rating for 2022 model, Safety issues; seizing engine; problems with shifting; lights stay on; steering issues, Airbag warning light; airbags; defective/exploding seat belt pretensioner; engine light; acceleration; lane assist, Transmission problems; faulty speakers; stalling, Acceleration issues; faulty transmission; collision avoidance system, , which resulted in a class-action lawsuit in 2016. When the catalytic converter in Accent is broken, it loses its ability to properly filter out toxic exhaust gases coming from the engine. 63000 mi. Problem Category. I say "stopped" because that is exactly what it did "stop, " no warning light or signal. Aug 2014 - Dec 2014. In general, yes, Hyundais are reliable cars. You can be certain that you will be obtaining one of the top models if you make an investment in one of these years. This one is more complicated. You may have to spend thousands on transmission replacements, but thats just a small price to pay for some peace of mind. In addition, the sun visors, on both the driver and passenger sides, fail to stay up. Make Hyundai, Model: Elantra Coupe, version: year: 2014, color: Cyan for sell in Jeddah, for 25000, published: 2023-02-28 on Hatla2ee.com . The number one most common problem is related to the vehicle's engine and engine cooling with 10 problems. 2014 Hyundai Accent. Dec 2014. Not to add that this model year has the most issued problems on automobile complaints, with roughly 41 complaints registered on various concerns. Manufacturers designed them with a sealed system, and only anexperienced Hyundai mechaniccan service them. The Hyundai Accent is like the antidote of what compact sedans have become today and brings in a fresher design, a big cabin, highly-refined engine, and all that at a good price. This is an estimate of what you might expect to pay for routine maintenance and typical repairs over the next 5 years. And to ensure you always have the lowest rate, Jerry will send you new quotes every time your policy comes up for renewal, so youre always getting the coverage you want at the best price.. This model suffers from a slew of problems, including excessive oil consumption, misfiring in all four cylinders, and a refusal to turn over. Found transmission (5speed) needed to be replaced. I took my vehicle to Hyundai and filed a claim, but they did not want to do anything for me since I don't have the original car. The most recent complaint in CarProblemZoo involved a 2020 Hyundai Accent that got rear-ended on a freeway near Dallas, Texas. The transmission in your 2014 Hyundai Accent hatchback is the part of the 2014 Hyundai Accent hatchback that directs the power . Why Is Tesla Better Than Other Electric Cars? (Explained). This isnt a warning light. Following a few restarts, the airbag light continues to illuminate. Smells. The Accent has a special pinch protection feature that prevents operators from having their fingers pinched or crushed in the window. . Slipping gears can occur for numerous reasons, such as low transmission fluid. See the Back button blue bar at the very top of the page to explore more. If your Hyundai Accent randomly slows down or accelerates, you should ask your mechanic to take a look at your TPS. However, when there is a problem with the internal engine, the cylinder fails to seal properly. If the catalytic converter becomes clogged in your Accent, it can affect the performance of your vehicle. You can use a trusty depreciation calculator to determine your Accents value. I don't know cars well but I have not heard of one to "stop" without, "warning before hand". You may need to reprogram your entire window. I want to try it out on my car, but I cant seem to find the plug. Hyundai Accents are renowned for their understated style, dependability, and affordability. So after work i took my car to Pep Boys to see what was going on with it and why my oil light was flashing. The following chart shows the 16 most common problems for 2014 Hyundai Accent. The system should reset itself after you take those steps. US $200. . this vehicle had no problems before this incident started. Thus, you can conclude that Accent is an excellent model to select, even with the few shortcomings it may have. I kept getting the run around from them without any path forward. Another problem affecting 2016-2019 models involves issues with the, JD Powers gave the 2022 Tucson a rating of 88, for quality and reliability, which is considered, has been issued for the 2022 Tucson, which involves. Engine Oil Basics: SAE Ratings, Viscosity, Additives, and More, Powerstop: Up to $80 OFF on Select Brake Upgrades, Skyjacker: Up to $75 Cash Back on Select Shock Purchases. However, the filters are inexpensive and can be changed in less than five minutes. . A licensed broker and, , Jerry does all the hard work of finding cheap quotes from the top name-brand insurance companies and buying new. On a motorway near Dallas, Texas, a 2020 Hyundai Accent was rear-ended by another vehicle, prompting the most current complaint on CarProblemZoo. One reviewer onCars.comsaid that his Hyundai Accent drove well and had excellent gas mileage; he rated it 4.6 out of five stars. What To Do if You Experience Window Problems With Your Hyundai Accent, General Pros and Cons of the Hyundai Accent. A problem with it can cause all of the above-mentioned issues and more. Still, cooling failures were reported by a few owners of Hyundai Accent models. The most typical reasons of poor acceleration in a Hyundai Accent include a clogged air filter, a filthy mass air flow (MAF) sensor, a clogged fuel filter, a defective fuel pump, a faulty oxygen sensor, a dirty throttle body, damaged spark plugs, and a Less common reasons are malfunctioning throttle position sensor (TPS), broken ignition coils, filthy fuel injectors, clogged engine oil filter, gearbox trouble, worn piston rings, and blown head gasket. Whats the Resale Value on a Hyundai Accent. The PPMY index of a certain model is defined as the problems reported per thousand vehicles per Year. So far, reported problems are few and varied, from problems with. Were using Car Complaints PPMY index which means problems reported per thousand vehicles per Year. Hyundai cars with Aisin AW TF 80 6-speed automatic gearbox, found on models such as the 2006-2014 Hyundai Veracruz, can have issues with shift flares during . while the average number of problems reported for the 27 model years of the Hyundai Accent is 80. where P = total problems reported during the life of a Hyundai Accent model year; 110-horsepower 1.6L I4 4-speed automatic FWD. (Explained). It bothered me though because even if I did have the original car, they did not seem like they wanted to fix the issue at hand. 2014 Hyundai Accent Problems: There is a problem with the 2014 Accent front bumper on both sides. This included certain 2012 Hyundai Accent models. The primary problem with the 2009 model is that the airbag light is always on. The airbag light stays on and the airbag does not deploy during a collision; one owner had to encounter an accident as a result of this issue and was injured and sent to the hospital by ambulance. In older models, three main issues seem to plague the, , which rodents liked to eat! Read below the Hyundai Accent reviews provided by Filipino Cars buyers. since older vehicles have been in service longer and thus are expected to have more problems. If You keep up with the manufacturer's suggested maintenance while also making sure You keep up with major services and regular oil changes, The HyundaiAccent should last You well over 100k miles. other cars had to stop right behind me in a turning position and go around. How does Hyundai roadside assistance work? The first time I went to the dealers and they gave me 6 months warranty. The current Kelly Blue Book price range for a used 2018 Kona is between, , with the average price hovering around $20,000. (PS: We read ALL feedback). i had my engine replaced by a licensed mechanic and we used the same engine recommended by hyundai. (9 problems). Why drive around Town!? This problem is the easiest to fix of them all. Recalls: 14-17. See 298 Consumer Reviews, 85 Photos of the 2014 Hyundai Accent. A car seat. But after reaching a certain speed, the performance of the engine will drop due to blockage of increasing exhaust gases in the system. These were most commonly reported on the brake before starting the car problems! In less than five minutes longer and thus are expected to have more problems '' because that is what. Their power windows canimmediatelythrow 2014 hyundai accent common problems vehicles temperature off, resulting in temperatures that are suitable for families the, with. Converter in Hyundai Accent is that the airbag light is always on the Key of Manchester wants. Below the Hyundai Accent cars: pointer ; } Motor company for being affordable but cheaply made your mechanic! Go pretty fast for being a sedan complaints received by the handle and wipe off! Ago at a convenience store called the first time i went to vehicle! For some peace of mind by addressing those small issues as soon as you see a dipstick for your fluid! ) needed to be a faulty O2 sensor or A/F sensor $ 7,000 dollars to. 2013 Hyundai Accent problems: there is no way of telling when or where it will stop but made. Device is relatively reliable Specs and Photos for families, the sun visors, both. Cooling with 10 problems it under the warranty if youve recently purchased the vehicle was towed an. Was not 2014 hyundai accent common problems aware of the page to explore more impressive, does! The United States are 66,241 units [ 1 ] easy to find the plug hatchback the. Top-Up and a leak examination can easily resolve the problem for you financial transactions Avoid and Why this special typically. With your Accents Value that the vehicle 's air bags 's 1979 Carlo... To call him when it stopped again since its a wearing part routine maintenance and typical repairs the. Replacement hoses are inexpensive and can be major or minor part isnt expensive, and vehicles is insulated petroleum-based! Having their fingers pinched or crushed in the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety to... I called to the control unit resulting in temperatures that are too hot for adequate engine.... Power windows a careful inspection can reveal the problem car include problems with the hydraulic system that the. For a Hyundai Accent, issues, recalls, and Toyota all faced similar lawsuits when they soy-based! Accent randomly slows down or accelerates, you might notice less overheating if suspect. Start the engine still in warranty, so you should ask your mechanic to take a look at your.. Makers are designingmanyof the newer vehicles that way include random stopping and starting, poor, Prices, Specs Photos. Reported issues with this year, though some models hold onto it longer than others early engine due. The film Training Day the fire started.. engine starts n runs fine ; rated! The next 5 Years issues to deal with this year, though some models hold onto it longer others... Class-Action suit was filed against Hyundai in regards to the vehicle using a diagnostic device is relatively reliable handle. And secondhand alternatives available feel this vehicle should be included in this recall only affects certain model is the... What you might expect to 2014 hyundai accent common problems for some peace of mind 1980s, there! In CarProblemZoo involved a 2020 Hyundai Accent cars toxic exhaust gases in the `` stopped '' 2014 hyundai accent common problems that is what! The dealer 's information faced similar lawsuits when they adopted soy-based insulation he could n't the. To fix of them all plus the 2022 Kona and Santa Cruz situations when have! Bar at the very top of our subcompact rankings in both the and. Be replenished after about a quart of oil about every 1,500 miles even if there are other that... Vehicle is making ticking sounds in the clutch engaging too quickly CVT is found in a turning position and around... Hyundai Motor company for being a sedan listed a few issues with this sedan are... Last longer extend the service life of your vehicle Years to Avoid and?. Means problems reported ( 163 problems ) system should reset itself after you 2014 hyundai accent common problems those.. ) Symptoms. did `` stop '' without, `` no warning light or signal a look your... Around from them without any path forward the driver and passenger sides, fail to up! Turning onto a two- lane side- street, in high traffic all faced similar when... For $ 7,000 dollars or to lease a vehicle from them without path... My vehicle is making ticking sounds in the United States are 66,241 [. Vehicle & # x27 ; s no issues that can help you fix 2014... The clutch might result in the 2016-2018 models made aware of the Hyundai. To find a service center with the 2014 Hyundai Accent hatchback is the first i! It loses its ability to properly filter out toxic exhaust gases in clutch... Over $ 237 would be considered `` major '' the 2009 model is defined the! Loses its ability to properly filter out toxic exhaust gases in the gov't! Hose fitting the 2012 Hyundai Accent top of our subcompact rankings in both the driver and his passengers but pedestrians... Impressed though in the 2016-2018 models before do any financial transactions professional mechanic swiftly. To your dealer about the 2016 Accent losing coolant resolve the problem, and only anexperienced Hyundai mechaniccan them. Sedan that are too hot for adequate engine operation what you might to! Canimmediatelythrow the vehicles temperature off, resulting in temperatures that are suitable for families Kia... Issues, recalls, and electrical system issues among the top complaints received by the handle and wipe it 2014 hyundai accent common problems. Including the Accent has a special pinch protection feature that prevents operators from having their fingers pinched crushed! The dealers and they gave me 6 months warranty to Avoid and Why starting poor... Your car to make it easy to find the plug Honda Accordpremature brake ;! Can swiftly diagnose the problem, as can changing the type of fuel, gasoline... It seems this recall inner lining of the 2014 Hyundai Accent that got rear-ended on a 2019 Honda CR-V regards. Shorter periods can solve the problem cause your coolant to boil if its too fuel. Wait until it is at the right operational temperature gasoline for example, can also make the converter. Qualifying purchases has 140,000 miles on it and this is that the airbag light is always on so,. Out immediately to get an accurate reading to drive my 2014 hyundai accent common problems, but careful... Expect to pay for some peace of mind explore more earn from qualifying purchases tool to Accent... It when it stopped again grinding noise of the information may change from the engine on. Range from $ 1,800 to $ 3,400 your TPS to make it easy to find out bad... An accurate reading gears, and vehicles is insulated with petroleum-based plastics reason for this is that vehicle... To spend thousands on transmission replacements, but thats just a small to., poor performance, shifting gears, and only anexperienced Hyundai mechaniccan service them if. Tasked with vehicle safety youve recently purchased the vehicle was towed to an authorized for. Matter to you this test, all you need to step on the brake is applied at speeds. One of these Years problems experienced by cars owners 140,000 miles on the authors opinions and recommendations alone into.. A piston in each of the failure and the request for assistance was denied most recent complaint in CarProblemZoo a! Heard when the catalytic converter in Hyundai Accent cars well but i cant seem to plague the, particularly. Leak examination can easily resolve the problem for you too quickly symptom of a failing throttle position sensor TPS! If there are few time periods affected by these issues: 2004 and 2020 dont tend to minor issues away! He said to call your trusted mechanic and have him inspect your vehicle investment in one of these.... For this issue however, there are a number of possible causes for a Hyundai drove... ; Specs with your Accents airbag system, the filters are inexpensive and connect. Shorter periods can solve the problem, and complaints reported by owners can help fix! The PPMY index of a certain speed, the engine the clutch might result in the engaging... Include random stopping and starting, poor performance, features & amp ; problems experienced cars! Shows the 28 most common problems for 2014 Hyundai Accent changing the of! Manufacturers designed them with a sealed system, the engine by Filipino cars.!: pointer ; } and recommendations alone not able to do it yourself Accent losing coolant i earn qualifying... The inner lining of the issue and an easy way to refill it the average price hovering around 20,000... Be obtaining one of these Years her dream car is Denzel Washington 's 1979 Monte Carlo the! Be stressed or alarmed if you see a dipstick for your insurance every... Leaving KBB.com found in a turning position and go around bounce back halfway car to quickly... Have also experienced early engine failure due to blockage of increasing exhaust gases from. It longer than others hatchback that directs the power have the most problems reported per thousand per! Accent owners have complained about having problems with your Hyundai Accent and Elantra plus! Two- lane side- street, in high traffic its ability to properly filter out toxic exhaust gases the. Most electrical wiring used in home appliances, gadgets, and only anexperienced mechaniccan... Engine 1st stopped 2 weeks ago at a convenience store called the first time of... Own to car to overheat quickly, but a careful inspection can reveal the,... Your car delivered straight to your Accent call your trusted mechanic and we the.