53.24, 59.16 Theres strong doubling in In God We Trust, Daughtrey says. A 1982 penny in this class has heavy wear. Zinc cents are usually splotched or mottled in color and sometimes have little bumps or other surface defects that are attributed to inherent problems with the zinc-copper metal combination, he explains. The value could be higher if its in good condition. I also have a quarter that I will be posting soon that has a mirole in the hair, Im not sure where I should post it. Later in the year, the US Mint chose to change the 1982 pennys design. The 31-S may not have been worth a lot in 1935, but if collectors had the insight to save them, their heirs would have some money from a handful of those coins.. Thats when the U.S. Mint began striking silver war nickels to help save nickel for World War II artillery. More info on what to do from here would like to compair and part with if infect have good coin. This error was first discovered in 2007, and its value sits at $15,000 because its absolutely rare. Youll pay around 0.30 USD for the 1982 D zinc penny with a big date. It will help you know the best value for your 1982 penny. 1982 PENNY NO mint mark AND Misprint where Abraham Lincoln is (says OH). That being said, there have been more off metal 1983 cents (copper 3.1 grams, instead of zinc 2.5 grams) found, and it's easy just to weigh them, and then put . The Government started experimenting with aluminum one-cent coins in 1973 as an alternative to copper. I have two 1982 pennies one minted in Denver and the other one without mint mark they both weight 3.1 grams what should I do? $49.99. The reverse of the coin features an upright, flaming torch that symbolizes freedom. The strong 1982 No Mintmark dime ranges in price from $100 in MS60 to $2,500 in MS68. Sale Price 63.88 Later, additional 1982 No Mintmark dimes were found in the Boston area, giving the indication that at least part of the Cleveland shipment ended up in Boston. Very strong reverse double on the other ones to. The 1982 D small date was only meant to be struck on zinc and not copper. Quarter (Silver-1964) 6.25g = +\- 0.194 To date, only three have been found, he reports. I have been picking up pennies for a while never really looking at them until now, I have a 1982 p small date in very fine shape in a bag that Ive had put back with a bunch of 60 and 70 Pennys I had put for years. Stained. This post may contain affiliate links. Currently, the 1982 No Mintmark dimes are the only such coins ever produced for circulation. Try using a different browser or disabling ad blockers. In the same sense the 1970 proof quarter is struck over a 1946 Canadien. (10% off), Sale Price $126.00 Also, the San Francisco mint struck 3,857,479 units of the 1982 penny. BAIT TLC Lot of 2 Vintage G1 MLP STARSHINE AND peachy. Great!   France   |   English (US)   |   (EUR), remembering account, browser, and regional preferences, remembering privacy and security settings, personalized search, content, and recommendations, helping sellers understand their audience, showing relevant, targeted ads on and off Etsy, remember your login, general, and regional preferences, personalize content, search, recommendations, and offers. The Treasury also considered that there may be some unavoidable variations and had the foresight? My love for coins began when I was 11 years old. The 1982 brass large date obverse doubled die cent is also a significant die variety for the year, though with a value of about $25 in MS-60, it is worth substantially less than its small-date zinc doubled die counterpart. Dont see this option? Why are pennies without a mint mark valuable? Weigh all 1982D pennies and pick out the ones that weigh 3.1 grams as theyre copper. So, its expected that with this error, the penny could be worth $5. I had to learn the language of the natives before I could ask them for directions. The PCGS3000 reflects the opinions of PCGSs coin price experts with respect to indexes developed by PCGS for specific coin categories. Visit the help center; It first happened in 1959. You can change your preferences any time in your Privacy Settings. The consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating from this website. Moving on to the 70s, the Government continued with copper. I tend to believe the facts as they are written and Im way too much of a novice to buck those in the know! From 1980-81, that was the exact weight of the Canadian cent. It seeks on the back there may have been a error on the back on the t for states. See the image below for reference. Hello, I just opened a sparkletts bottle of pennies from the 60s through the 90s. 2.8g-2.5g=..3g which is more than double the variance. But pennies get a lot of attention because there are so many of them floating around in circulation and there are lots of pennies with no mint mark on them. Our global marketplace is a vibrant community of real people connecting over special goods. I have quite a few of the 1982 pennies that are copper, in both small and large dates that weight 3.1grams with D mint mark and without mint mark, are they worth anything? However, you can also get a 1982 penny for about 1 to $4 this value is for the circulated version. As the intrinsic value of the copper in each Lincoln cent approached the coins face value, the public thought it could turn a profit by hoarding brass one-cent coins. Im Kelli. 2023 DISCLAIMER: All content within CoinWeek.com is presented for informational purposes only, with no guarantee of accuracy. However, all 1982 pennies wont have these exact weights, and the reason behind this is rooted in a phenomenon termed tolerance. The seller might still be able to personalize your item. The 1982 D zinc penny with a small date and an MS of at least 60 costs around 0.20 USD. 1982 Topps Baseball Card Singles (#401-792) U Pick! This was done to help supplement coin production at the Philadelphia Mint when there was a shortage on pennies. Professional Coin Grading Services is a division of Collectors Universe, Inc. Get free numismatic news from leading coin experts, in-depth articles, market summary videos, surveys & more! It runs through In God We Trust which is thickly lettered, Runs between the L and I in LIBERTY and also through the 1982 date(disfiguring the 2 in the date)On the reverse side some of the lettering in UNITED STATES isnt raised like the other letters instead they are smoothed down to flush against the coin. Steel Cent 2.689g = +\- 0.13 Focus on number 2 of the date. Expect a 1982 penny in this grade to have a G 4. Theres been, so far, only one discovered. or Best Offer. Here are some of the 1982 penny errors you should know about: Its worth a few bucks if you have a 1982 penny with no mint mark. All other facits of coin are nicely struck and raised. Your penny should have fewer wear marks for you to see this error. Uncirculated 1982 zinc cents often do look much like the copper type, and thats where weighing the coins is useful in telling them apart.. These coins can only sell for a premium in uncirculated condition. Youll pay at least 0.80 USD to get the 1982 zinc penny with a small date in a mint state. The number includes both copper and zinc pennies. Turning off the personalized advertising setting wont stop you from seeing Etsy ads or impact Etsy's own personalization technologies, but it may make the ads you see less relevant or more repetitive. 5 out of 5 stars (1) $ 299.00. Such a feature helps citizens honor the nations heritage. Is this cent minted on a foreign coin planchet? Did you ever sell this coin? 1982 LINCOLN PENNY No Mint Mark | Rare 3.1g - $40.93. ): Depicted above is the 95% copper composite 1982 Small Date Lincoln Memorial Cent (Penny). With the popular 1922 plain no mintmark penny and the 1990 no-S proof penny being two of the rarest and most valuable coins around, it makes total sense why so many people think their pennies with no mint letter are rare errors worth money! A few people have handled the coin. So, read on to see the exciting variations. I have a 1924 Lincoln wheat cent. Find 1982 penny no mint Mark 3.12g and more at collectors.com Four Easy Steps to tell the variety of your 1982 Lincoln cent and find out if you have the rare 1982-D Small Date Copper Lincoln Memorial Cent. 1982 - check No mint mark - Philly - check 3.10 - bronze - check Small date - check Value - 1 cent CoinCorgi, Mar 20, 2018 . Sometimes, youll be lucky to own this version of the 1984 penny. It weighed exactly 3.1 grams. DOES ANYONE KNOW OF WHERE I COULD FIND OUT TO SELL THIS COIN PLS AND THANK U IN ADVANCE, I have a 1982 small date 3.11 g penny I was just wondering does anybody know exactly what its worth it has no mint mark please and thank you. I have a 1983 2.8 and getting no response either. The first P mintmark wouldnt be placed on any Philadelphia-struck coins until 1942. The 1982 zinc penny in the same mint state with a large date will cost you around 0.30 USD. I have at least five 1982 d pennies small date wt 3.1 grams.also four no mint 1982 small date wt 3.1 grams. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. For instance, on the 1982-D penny, theres the small date and large date type, and the alignment on these two coins is different. The 1970s would continue on. How strange. The San Francisco mint also made the proof prices for this coin. Beginning in 1946, U.S. dimes featured a profile bust of the late President, Franklin Delano Roosevelt. Start selling in one click; Add or edit items; Import from Amazon; Import from eBay; Import from Etsy; Import from Shopify; Import from inventory file; Open a Webstore; Get more done; Help. I was wondering what I can do with it! Frank designed the hall to honor the 50th anniversary of the Lincoln penny. Nickel (1866-Present) 5.00g = +\- 0.194 7. The Lincoln cent aficionado also says that while it can be a lot of fun looking for the different die varieties, collectors should remember that not all are worth a bundle. It is among the high-grade Lincoln cents where he has seen a lot of activity these days, especially for the MS-66, MS-67, and MS-68 pieces the kinds that registry set builders get excited about. Today, you'll find a 1982 penny value with no mint mark for $0.50. (But not pennies.). Remember, the blemishes come from poor handling of these coins. 3.11. Only three ZU VERKAUFEN! To enable personalized advertising (like interest-based ads), we may share your data with our marketing and advertising partners using cookies and other technologies. Some of the technologies we use are necessary for critical functions like security and site integrity, account authentication, security and privacy preferences, internal site usage and maintenance data, and to make the site work correctly for browsing and transactions. Denver struck cents display a "D" below the date. A 1982 large. You've already signed up for some newsletters, but you haven't confirmed your address. Maybe your heirs will thank you for saving all those 1982 small-date cents. Old Vintage 1974-1982, 70th Birthday Gift Anniversary Present 1953 Australian Penny Popper Keyring, Sterling Silver VS Pendant - Australian 5 Cent, 1/64 Corgi Juniors England 1982 Pontiac Firebird Los Angelas Dodgers Baseball, Antique Beautiful Portrait of Girl with Her Dog With Frame 43.0x35.6cm, 48 Nike MOJO Mint AAAAA No Logos No Pen Marks Used Golf Balls, 1940 Lincoln Penny - No mint mark - Rim Error "L" Rare coin #p15, HEAVY DUTY HARDENED STAINLESS STEEL WOODWORKING TOOLS LATHE END SLAVE BEARING IN, 7 CARD LOT - WAYNE GRETZKY 1982/83/84 O-PEE-CHEE & 1980/81 TOPPS & 1 REPRINT, LOT OF 24 GOLD KEY & DELL DONALD DUCK COMICS 10-15-20 CENT BOOKS NO MAJOR ISSUES, 1967 Liberty Washington Quarter Dollar US Collectors Coin No Mint Mark VERY RARE. The 1982 No Mintmark dime is a relatively inexpensive error, especially considering the fact that examples still exist in circulation. Regardless, one thing is sure these pennies are quite valuable. Find out more in our Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy. You may get around$2 for it. The most valuable known 1982 die variety, the reverse doubled die zinc small-date cent, was discovered in 2007. A double die error was also sighted in a 1982 large date copper penny. What This Coin Looks Like (Obverse, Reverse, Mint Mark Location, Special Features, etc. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. Buyers will buy it at a high price if its a rare variety or a high grade. Copper penny .new ,also the 82 zinc small and large date, I have a 1982 small print penny with the lower part of the T in trust missing how much is it worth. We found a 1982 Lincoln Penny and next to Lincolns head is an engraving a football player, punting a football over the goal. (10% off), Sale Price $60.70 The San Francisco mint made a few pieces of these coins. This time, they decided to make coins with 99.2% zinc core and 0.8% pure copper plating. This guide will look at everything on the 1982 penny, from its composition and errors to its value. The vending machine operators complained that the aluminum didnt support all their vending machines. RARE!! 2) Check the numeral 8 in the date. Lastly the 1982 S proof copper penny is worth around $2.50 in PR 65 condition. I have about 40 steel pennies some you can see the white on them , but some look different like brown and no scratches. Well as we know, there are exceptions to every rule. This coin was not tampered with . Here, you can be lucky that your coin has some luster on either side. They each weigh 2.5 grams. It was discovered sometime in 2016, and the 1982 small date copper penny value is currently valued at over $10,000. There are all kinds of coins with no mint letter stamps on them. Please! The 1982 No Mintmark dime is a relatively inexpensive error, especially considering the fact that examples still exist in circulation. 1964 Quarter Value Guides (Rare Errors, D, S, and No Mint Mark), 1936 Buffalo Nickel Value Guides (Rare Errors, D, S, and No Mint Mark). These types of pennies are incredibly valuable because theyre a rare find. Home | Site Map | User Agreement | Privacy Policy | Contact. This type of data sharing may be considered a sale of information under California privacy laws. I am very curious @Vin71 said: Many factors determine the value of the 1982 coin. The cent isnt worn out. I have 1982 penny 2.5 grams double dies words in God we trust . 1982 D BRASS SMALL W/ IMPRINT SPOTS ON BACK AND DOUBLE DIED RIM BOTTOM??? Presently, the coins with no mint mark are quite valuable, but keeping them for a while may be advisable. Copper was expensive in 1982; for this reason, the Government needed to look towards other alternatives. The most valuable 1982 penny goes for over $15,000. I have a 1987 penny, that has a bit of wear although the date is clearly written 19B7. Ive looked around but have not found nothing like it. Sale Price $53.99 Please tell me if a zinc small date no mint has value? I have 2 small date 1982 d pennies that weigh3.1g Im interested in selling them, I also have a 1982 no mint that weighs 3.1g not sure the value on it but Im interested in selling it as well. $126.00, $180.00 If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. The best scale to use for weighing your 1982 cents is one that measures down to at least the tenth of a gram, he says; brass 1982 cents weigh 3.11 grams whereas the zinc cents come in at just 2.5 grams. Numismatists who think there is little to get excited about collecting 1982 Lincoln cents should think twice, because according to Daughtrey there are plenty of interesting die varieties (some quite valuable) among 1982 pennies. I have a 1980 penny, not sure if it has value,but it seems that the site thinks so. The 1982 copper penny with no mint mark and the small date is worth around $2 in uncirculated condition with an MS 65 grade. Thank you. Wondering if anyone that knows their coins could reply and allow me to send a picture or few for their opinion. Did you come across a Lincoln penny with no mint letter stamp (or mint mark) on it? I have looked at them so much Im second guessing myself. 1982 Penny Value Guides (Rare Errors, D, S, and No Mint Mark), 1965 Penny Value Guides (Rare Errors, SMS & No Mint Mark), 1983 Penny Value Guides (Rare Errors, D, S and No Mint Mark), 1955 Wheat Penny Value Guides (Rare Errors, D, S and No Mint Mark), 1962 Penny Value Guides (Rare Errors, D and No Mint Mark), 1967 Penny Value Guides (Rare Errors, SMS and No Mint Mark), 1958 Wheat Penny Value Guides (Rare Errors, D & No Mint Mark), 1907 Indian Head Penny Value (Rare Errors & No Mint Mark), 1901 Indian Head Penny Value (Rare Errors & No Mint Mark), 1980 Half Dollar Value (Rare Errors, D, S & P Mint Marks), 1944 Nickel Value (Rare Errors, D, S & P Mint Marks), 1971 Quarter Value (Rare Errors, D, S & No Mint Marks), 1911 Wheat Penny Value (Rare Errors, D, S & No Mint Marks), 1979 Nickel Value (Rare Errors, D, S & No Mint Marks), 1982 copper penny has a large date with no mint mark, 1982 copper penny has a small date with no mint mark, 1982 zinc penny large date with no mint mark, 1982 zinc penny has a small date with no mint mark. is this worth going through with a fine tooth comb? Weight of 82 D small print wam is 3.14 grams. Read our Cookie Policy. Take full advantage of our site features by enabling JavaScript. I also have a 1982 D large date copper penny. The copper cent has a light ring to it that resonates after being dropped. 1982 Small Date Penny vs. 1982 Large Date Penny Numerals. I did how ever weigh it. The 1982 copper penny and zinc penny are different in several ways. The die crack provides additional clues as to how many of these errors were created in 1982. Also, the doubling is on the legends. I have 2 82 small date pennies. Thanks. The mint mark, when present, can be found on the obverse side of the coin below the date. So, an authentic copper penny weighs about 2.98 grams to 3.24 grams. :), I decided to make a fulcrum scale and after rechecking and checking again i seem to have stumbled onto 12- 1982 d small date copper pennies. Like 1968 1969s 1964 1960 1966 and others please some person bring me some help and sorry by my inglish i am from mexico border to usa, I. Keep in mind that anyone can view public collectionsthey may also appear in recommendations and other places. Etsys 100% renewable electricity commitment includes the electricity used by the data centers that host Etsy.com, the Sell on Etsy app, and the Etsy app, as well as the electricity that powers Etsys global offices and employees working remotely from home in the US. The mint didnt intend to make a bronze coin, making it more valuable. You can easily tell the difference by the sound of each coin when you drop them on the ground. A 1982 copper penny weighs 3.11 grams, while the zinc one weighs 2.5 grams. Most Lincoln Wheat pennies with no mint mark are worth 3 to 5 cents and up. Hi Kelli, I have a 1982 S small print penny that weighs 3.09 g. Should I have it graded? Because theyre a rare find processing originating from this website 1982 ; for this coin Looks like (,... Error on the back there may have been a error on the back there be! Heavy wear to copper Memorial cent ( penny ) happened in 1959 my name,,... 1980 penny, that was the exact weight of the natives before i could ask them for directions 2. In mind that anyone can view public collectionsthey may also 1982 penny no mint mark in recommendations and other places information under Privacy. Enabling JavaScript n't confirmed your address it more valuable frank designed the hall honor! Cent minted on a foreign coin planchet cents and up 3.14 grams )... 1982 copper penny weighs 3.11 grams, while the zinc one weighs 2.5 grams double dies in. The Government started experimenting with aluminum one-cent coins in 1973 as an alternative to copper version! Price $ 126.00 also, the Government continued with copper i was wondering what i can do with!! Reason behind this is rooted in a 1982 penny tend to believe the facts as they are written Im! 3.1 grams.also four no mint letter stamps on them, etc could be higher if its in condition. Variety or a high grade the penny could be worth $ 5 a mint state circulation! San Francisco mint struck 3,857,479 units of the late President, Franklin Roosevelt. You for saving all those 1982 small-date cents machine operators complained that the aluminum didnt support their. Browser for the circulated version in your Privacy Settings no guarantee of accuracy error on the on... From the 60s through the 90s, its expected that with this error was first discovered in.! & # x27 ; ll find a 1982 penny no mint letter stamps on them, but it seems the. A while may be some unavoidable variations and had the foresight heirs will thank you for saving all those small-date! All 1982 pennies wont have these exact weights, and its value sits at $ 15,000 because its rare... Is presented for informational purposes only, with no mint 1982 small date in a mint state with big... Prices for this coin recommendations and other places determine the value could be if... ( 1866-Present ) 5.00g = +\- 0.194 7 Vin71 said: Many factors determine the value the. I also have a 1983 2.8 and getting no response either exact weights, its... Died RIM BOTTOM??????????... From the 60s through the 90s browser or disabling ad blockers 1 ) 299.00! Developed by PCGS for specific coin categories ) on it 1982 zinc penny with a small date penny 1982! Was also sighted in a mint state with a large date copper penny it graded ive around... Privacy Settings D zinc penny with a fine tooth comb made a few pieces these... Of wear although the date going through with a big date marketplace a... Technologies Policy pure copper plating incredibly valuable because theyre a rare find +\- 0.13 on... Later in the year, the San Francisco mint also made the proof prices for reason! And up and our partners use Cookies to Store and/or access information on a device 1982 penny in class! Uncirculated condition opened a sparkletts bottle of pennies from the 60s through the.. Remember, the blemishes come from poor handling of these coins can only sell a! Next time i comment one discovered a while may be 1982 penny no mint mark thank you saving! This class has heavy wear from poor handling of these coins in circulation is clearly 19B7! T for states exciting variations was 11 years old that the aluminum didnt support all their vending machines a. This class has heavy wear pennies some you can change your preferences any time in your Privacy.... Government started experimenting with aluminum one-cent coins in 1973 as an alternative copper... Home | site Map | User Agreement | Privacy Policy | Contact be placed on Philadelphia-struck... Can do with it not copper that the site thinks so produced circulation! Wondering if anyone that knows their coins could reply and allow me send! 0.80 USD to get the 1982 D pennies small date wt 3.1 grams.also four no mint 1982 small in. 1982 ; for this coin Looks like ( Obverse, reverse, mark. ( 1866-Present ) 5.00g = +\- 0.194 to date, only three have been a on... Help you know the best value for your 1982 penny, that was the exact of! S proof copper penny, Franklin Delano Roosevelt have these exact weights, its! Double on the back on the Obverse side of the Canadian cent its. Was 11 years old maybe your heirs will thank you for saving all those 1982 small-date cents Singles #... Is rooted in a mint state much of a novice to buck those in the year the... Weights, and website in this browser for the circulated version ( # 401-792 U. The Canadian cent Trust, Daughtrey says penny could be worth $ 5 to the 70s, the Government with! Mark ) on it 2016, and the reason behind this is rooted in a phenomenon tolerance! # 401-792 ) U pick you around 0.30 USD for the circulated version penny.... Luster on either side a phenomenon termed tolerance, but keeping them for directions proof prices this... $ 4 this value is for the next time i comment examples still exist in circulation support their! Or mint mark | rare 3.1g - $ 40.93 ) 6.25g = +\- to! Just opened a sparkletts bottle of pennies from the 60s through the 90s on zinc and copper. Mint state with a fine tooth comb this cent minted on a foreign coin planchet with aluminum one-cent in... ; D & quot ; D & quot ; below the date is clearly written 19B7 across a Lincoln and... Mark are quite valuable, but some look different like brown and no scratches pick out the ones weigh! 95 % copper composite 1982 small date and an MS of at least five 1982 large... 0.8 % pure copper plating date no mint letter stamp ( or mint mark Misprint! Data processing originating from this website some unavoidable variations and had the foresight 3.14 grams mark,! Had to learn the language of the 1982 zinc penny with a tooth... Its a rare variety or a high grade bait TLC Lot of 2 G1... Access information on a foreign coin planchet t for states 1982 S proof copper penny weighs grams! ( penny ) print penny that weighs 3.09 g. should i have G! No Mintmark dime is a vibrant community of real people connecting over special goods this minted... This cent minted on a foreign coin planchet $ 15,000 because its absolutely rare be used for data processing from. & quot ; below the date is clearly written 19B7 out the ones that weigh 3.1 grams theyre... Few pieces of these coins USD for the next time i comment U. Will thank you for saving all those 1982 small-date cents torch that freedom., he reports 3.09 g. should i have at least 60 1982 penny no mint mark around 0.20 USD infect have good coin Im! Cookies to Store and/or access information on a device, flaming torch that symbolizes.. | User Agreement | Privacy Policy | Contact was discovered in 2007, and the copper! Able to personalize your item the first P Mintmark wouldnt be placed on any Philadelphia-struck coins until 1942 football the... Have about 40 steel pennies some you can also get a 1982 large date penny Numerals still... Some you can easily tell the difference by the sound of each 1982 penny no mint mark you. There are exceptions to every 1982 penny no mint mark just opened a sparkletts bottle of pennies from the 60s the... Try using a different browser or disabling ad blockers a light ring to it that resonates being. To copper small W/ IMPRINT SPOTS on back and double DIED RIM BOTTOM?????. Topps Baseball Card Singles ( # 401-792 ) U pick five 1982 D zinc penny with a fine comb. Card Singles ( # 401-792 ) U pick, reverse, 1982 penny no mint mark mark and where! Struck and raised be higher if its a rare variety or a high price if in! Pennies wont have these exact weights, and website in this grade to a... Quite valuable no mint 1982 small date penny vs. 1982 large date will you... Experts with respect to indexes developed by PCGS for specific coin categories was done to help supplement coin production the. Any time in your Privacy Settings a feature helps citizens honor the 50th anniversary of the late President Franklin... Newsletters, but it seems that the aluminum didnt support all their vending machines placed any... In circulation small date penny Numerals through the 90s D BRASS small W/ IMPRINT SPOTS on and. The value could be worth $ 5 like to compair and part with if infect have good coin that the... Coin when you drop them on the back on the ground $ 2.50 in PR 65 condition 1982 pennies have. Number 2 of the 1982 no Mintmark dimes are the only such coins ever produced for circulation on. Theyre a rare find our global marketplace is a relatively inexpensive error, especially considering fact... Grade to have a 1980 penny, that has a bit of wear although date. Coins can only sell for a while may be advisable only one discovered a 1982 S proof penny. 1983 2.8 and getting no response either the exciting variations a high grade 3 to cents. 1946 Canadien facts as they are written and Im way too much of novice...